PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk Fans

Since452
13-07-2022, 05:45 AM
Surprised there isn't a thread yet.

All the Hibees are gay? What the actual **** was that all about? It's 2022.

Carheenlea
13-07-2022, 05:54 AM
It’s still 1972 in Falkirk though - a bleak backwater best avoided if possible.

MWHIBBIES
13-07-2022, 05:59 AM
Forgot how much I hated them. Hope they rot in that league. Homophobic pieces of ****.

Ground should be shut for their next match.

CL0762
13-07-2022, 07:26 AM
Horrible ***** that lot, absolutely despise them and their ****ty wee tinpot ground.

Jones28
13-07-2022, 08:34 AM
I've never liked Falkirk since that Alan Freeland game in 2007 or whenever, and nothing has happened since to change my mind. Jambo songbook with added hunnish tendencies.

LunasBoots
13-07-2022, 10:20 AM
Horrible club from a crap wee town stuck in the past, homophobic ********s, should be called out, if the authorites are serious then this should be acted upon.

Hibernian Verse
13-07-2022, 10:24 AM
Horrible club from a crap wee town stuck in the past, homophobic ********s, should be called out, if the authorites are serious then this should be acted upon.

If 50,000 people can sing about the blood of dead Catholics without repercussion, don't expect anyone to be charged with homophobic behaviour as a result of last night.

LunasBoots
13-07-2022, 10:25 AM
If 50,000 people can sing about the blood of dead Catholics without repercussion, don't expect anyone to be charged with homophobic behaviour as a result of last night.

Correct sadly.

HFC93
13-07-2022, 10:28 AM
A song so bad that even Hearts fans have ditched it.

Wilson
13-07-2022, 10:31 AM

Exactly. And their song book isn't extensive either!

BegbieHSC
13-07-2022, 10:35 AM
To hear the chant in 2022 is an absolute disgrace.

Looking forward to the fans of that tiny club to continue to dwindle away, as they rot in the third tier of Scottish football.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2022, 10:56 AM

Still quite popular with a couple of fuds in Grays Mill.

Since452
13-07-2022, 11:00 AM
I was neither here or there about Falkirk before last night but i hope they rot in league one for ever more now.

#2 Double Tap
13-07-2022, 11:01 AM
always thought we should adopt it as we do the "twirlie" when playing and beating hearts. play on their words or something like that, i will get my coat..............

yonder1875
13-07-2022, 12:06 PM
Couldn’t believe what I was hearing at the game last night, depressing stuff that that’s being heard in Scottish football grounds. An absolute stain on society these people.

easty
13-07-2022, 12:13 PM
Still quite popular with a couple of fuds in Grays Mill.

Is it? I'm in the Mill a fair bit, and have went up there after derby games, never heard it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2022, 12:38 PM
Is it? I'm in the Mill a fair bit, and have went up there after derby games, never heard it.

Maybe they're singing it at me! 🤔

They usually sit at the tables under the big screen.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2022, 01:55 PM
This thread is funny, some of our ahem chants are not exactly PC you know :greengrin Clubs don't have strict liability over their fans do they so nothing will change.

Diclonius
13-07-2022, 02:02 PM
We should have just sung the exact same chant back at them, really messed with their heads. It's not an insult and should never have been.

speedy_gonzales
13-07-2022, 02:03 PM

I've definitely heard it a few times myself when there.
A fair few young lads singing it at the end of the St Johnstone SC final last year.

tamig
13-07-2022, 02:31 PM
This thread is funny, some of our ahem chants are not exactly PC you know :greengrin Clubs don't have strict liability over their fans do they so nothing will change.

Funny is far from the correct choice of word when discussing this.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2022, 10:02 PM
Funny is far from the correct choice of word when discussing this.

If you're offended then fine, complain to Falkirk but just remember the crap our own fans spew out at places like Tynie and Ibrox...

ErinGoBraghHFC
13-07-2022, 10:12 PM
If you're offended then fine, complain to Falkirk but just remember the crap our own fans spew out at places like Tynie and Ibrox...

Please, elaborate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
13-07-2022, 10:37 PM

And that isn't acceptable either.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2022, 11:01 PM
And that isn't acceptable either.

I never said it was but if people are going to get upset then we should have our one house in order first before whinging.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2022, 11:05 PM
Please, elaborate.

Ok.

Songs about Mercers wife and sex toys, opposing players sisters pants, The 'we will never be mastered' song, Stokes da in the RA song, ibrox disaster song. There are more.

ErinGoBraghHFC
13-07-2022, 11:26 PM
Ok.

Songs about Mercers wife and sex toys, opposing players sisters pants, The 'we will never be mastered' song, Stokes da in the RA song, ibrox disaster song. There are more.

Mercer songs… meh. His family are out of bounds though. Opposing players sisters? Heard worse in the playground as a bairn. “We will never be mastered”, don’t see what the problem is, tbh. Stokesys da in the RA, just a bit of a laugh, no? Ibrox disaster song, disgraceful.

Franck Stanton
14-07-2022, 12:15 AM
If opposition fans don't stop singing it I will hit them with my handbag.

MWHIBBIES
14-07-2022, 04:37 AM
Ok.

Yeah, so songs that maybe 3 idiots sing. I go near every week and wouldn't know the words to one of those. They are absolutely not common

Dashing Bob S
14-07-2022, 06:52 AM
If any of those squeaky voiced acne splattered youths who nicked an old and even in its day exceptionally lame and embarrassing Jambos song (if they’d had any balls it would have been ‘All the Hibees are f****** p***s) we’re reading this, they would be delighted by the reactions on this thread.

One Day
14-07-2022, 07:14 AM
Forgot how much I hated them. Hope they rot in that league. Homophobic pieces of ****.

Ground should be shut for their next match.

As I've commented before, the worst anti Irish, anti Catholic abuse I've encountered was in the old Brockville. Vile diet Huns

Brizo
14-07-2022, 08:09 AM
As I've commented before, the worst anti Irish, anti Catholic abuse I've encountered was in the old Brockville. Vile diet Huns

I'm sure there's a couple of villages just outside Falkirk that were/are big Orange strongholds and decades back they had a considerable huns without the bus fare element. So did a lot of clubs though back in the 70s/ 80s, Motherwell, Dundee, Killie, Airdrie plus of course the original diet huns from Gorgie.

A section of the Falkirk fans have obviously moved on from sectarianism to homophobia.

OldEast
14-07-2022, 08:35 AM

Yes, for as long as I can remember the diet hunnery has been strong amongst them.

tamig
14-07-2022, 09:21 AM
I never said it was but if people are going to get upset then we should have our one house in order first before whinging.

What a nonsense view. People can call out stuff that’s unacceptable from any group of fans - our own included.

Forza Fred
14-07-2022, 09:23 AM

They have always been antagonistic towards us.
Remember in the early 70’s when visiting Brockville and changing ends at half time.
There was a wee bridge that had to be crossed and invariably it was pagger, pagger pagger when the two sets of supporters met
I have always considered Falkirk supporters to be Rangers supporters who are unable to travel.

FilipinoHibs
14-07-2022, 11:36 AM
A lot of the Hibees are our gay brothers and sisters. F the Falkirk morons.

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2022, 11:36 AM

I used to live quite close to brockville, and I have relatives by marriage who are falkirk supporters and went along with one on occasion. It was a good bit of baiting in the old shed when either side of the old firm were there. If it was Celtc the crowd would sing hello, hello we are the falkirk bairns and when the old rangers were there it changed to hail, hail the bairns are here.

Admittedly that was in the early 80s and the atmosphere has changed across the whole of Scottish football since then.

StevesFamau5
14-07-2022, 06:44 PM
Yeah, so songs that maybe 3 idiots sing. I go near every week and wouldn't know the words to one of those. They are absolutely not common

It's not 3 idiots though. I was lucky enough to get tickets for the last 2 derbys at The Pink Bus Shelter and the songbook is at its absolute worst there. I get the hatred for Mercer and what he did but some wee roasters in Stone Island or CP Company gear singing songs about him being dead and his wife etc is beyond pathetic. The thing is that it's not 3 of them it's more like a good 100 or more.

Also ***** Falkirk, absolute 6 fingered, jobless weirdos.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2022, 07:05 PM
It's not 3 idiots though. I was lucky enough to get tickets for the last 2 derbys at The Pink Bus Shelter and the songbook is at its absolute worst there. I get the hatred for Mercer and what he did but some wee roasters in Stone Island or CP Company gear singing songs about him being dead and his wife etc is beyond pathetic. The thing is that it's not 3 of them it's more like a good 100 or more.

Stop mate, that doesn't suit whingers narratives.

Scotty Leither
14-07-2022, 08:05 PM
A lot of the Hibees are our gay brothers and sisters. F the Falkirk morons.

Well said mate.

It takes a lot to offend me these days, even though my chippy leftie politics would probably have me labelled as “woke” by the pearl clutchers of the Daily Mail readership, but them singing that ***** jarred with me on a personal level; to the extent if they had sung it next to me they would have copped an elbow in their ignorant mooths.

Horrible little club that sum up a parochial side of Scotland that’s actually quite depressing.

BegbieHSC
15-07-2022, 09:17 PM
I see Falkirk have put out a statement condemning their own fans, and announced plans to offer Hibs a formal apology.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2022/07/15/statement-on-behalf-of-the-board-of-directors/

Good on them

HoboHarry
15-07-2022, 09:24 PM
Yes, for as long as I can remember the diet hunnery has been strong amongst them.
Back when I lived there the Orange March used to pass the Town Hall, my house and the Police Station - and all was good in the world :rolleyes:

Since452
15-07-2022, 09:30 PM
I see Falkirk have put out a statement condemning their own fans, and announced plans to offer Hibs a formal apology.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2022/07/15/statement-on-behalf-of-the-board-of-directors/

Good on them

Well done Falkirk FC

Carheenlea
15-07-2022, 09:38 PM
Fair play to them. Taking some responsibility for their fans. Something a lot more clubs could be doing.

A very dignified response.

Smartie
15-07-2022, 09:40 PM

Good on them

Top marks to Falkirk FC and fair play to the fans who called it out.

ErinGoBraghHFC
15-07-2022, 09:52 PM

Not sure what the clothing choice of folk singing these songs has to do with anything. Bit of a weird statement, tbh. Also a bit classist at the end, but insinuating that homophobes tend to be the unemployed is a bit like a daily mail headline from an alternate universe. Fair play to Falkirk for releasing that statement, more teams should take this approach.

MWHIBBIES
16-07-2022, 03:48 AM

Good on them

Yeah, nice wee apology rather than actually doing something.

Will happen again because there has been no consequences.

Hibernian Verse
16-07-2022, 04:14 AM
Fair play to them. Taking some responsibility for their fans. Something a lot more clubs could be doing.

A very dignified response.

Much better than other clubs. For example, everyone else hiding behind strict liability.

Crunchie
16-07-2022, 06:45 AM
Yup, there's some terribly sensitive souls amongst us these days.

Libby Hibby
16-07-2022, 06:58 AM

Good on them

Well done Falkirk.

overdrive
16-07-2022, 07:39 AM

Yep, the Mrs Mercer one was a near every week one pre-covid at ER, admittedly I’ve not heard it much last season and I hear it every away game I go to (admittedly I don’t go to many), including last season.

There’s usually an alternative Mrs Mercer one round Christmas too.

Stokesy’s Da was pretty much an every week occurrence too when I was near the singing section.

Allant1981
16-07-2022, 07:44 AM
Back when I lived there the Orange March used to pass the Town Hall, my house and the Police Station - and all was good in the world :rolleyes:

So the same as almost every town in the country where they march

Sir David Gray
16-07-2022, 07:54 AM
Yep, the Mrs Mercer one was a near every week one pre-covid at ER, admittedly I’ve not heard it much last season and I hear it every away game I go to (admittedly I don’t go to many), including last season.

There’s usually an alternative Mrs Mercer one round Christmas too.

Stokesy’s Da was pretty much an every week occurrence too when I was near the singing section.

The one about Mercer's wife was sung on Tuesday night.

LewysGot2
16-07-2022, 05:30 PM
The one about Mercer's wife was sung on Tuesday night.

For about 10 secs. It wasn’t getting traction and folk moved on

Hermit Crab
16-07-2022, 05:38 PM
For about 10 secs. It wasn’t getting traction and folk moved on

Thats not the point. It still got sung. When our fans stop singing this crap, then we can start moaning about opposing fans songs.

MWHIBBIES
16-07-2022, 06:03 PM
Thats not the point. It still got sung. When our fans stop singing this crap, then we can start moaning about opposing fans songs.

Or, you know, maybe its all wrong and all of it should stop, right away?

Dublin07
16-07-2022, 07:20 PM
Their fans are a strange bunch. On the way back to the station after the game there was about 4 car loads of guys in their 30’s in boy racer cars. Slowing down passed hibs fans shouting weird abuse and being completely ignored. Then turning at the roundabout and doing it all again and still being ignored. Kind of stuff you would expect from 16 year olds. The gay chants at the game were totally embarrassing for them. Not even the diets of gorgie sing that any more.

davhibby
16-07-2022, 10:46 PM

There really isn’t any comparison between that song and what was being sung by the Falkirk fans on Tuesday though. There’s plenty of songs that are sung at the football that shouldn’t be, the majority don’t attack a group that are already marginalised in society.

Tuesday night shows just how far football has to go in terms of making everyone feeling welcome

Cardinal G
16-07-2022, 11:37 PM

Good on them
Credit where credits due. Thats a great response

ErinGoBraghHFC
16-07-2022, 11:46 PM
Their fans are a strange bunch. On the way back to the station after the game there was about 4 car loads of guys in their 30’s in boy racer cars. Slowing down passed hibs fans shouting weird abuse and being completely ignored. Then turning at the roundabout and doing it all again and still being ignored. Kind of stuff you would expect from 16 year olds. The gay chants at the game were totally embarrassing for them. Not even the diets of gorgie sing that any more.

Somebody should’ve panned their windscreen, roasters

hibsbollah
17-07-2022, 06:41 AM

Last time I checked, we can moan about things when we choose to moan about things.

LunasBoots
17-07-2022, 11:35 AM

Good on them

Good on Falkirk. Didn't expect it, top marks to them