PDA

View Full Version : Bonnyrigg v Hibs

Pages : [1] 2 3

Since452
12-07-2022, 09:05 PM
Strongest team this time no ****ing about. Marshall, Kenneh, Cadden, McGeady all need to be on the park for as long as possible. Theses aren't friendlies!

h1bs4life
12-07-2022, 09:13 PM
Probably have to now play strong team.
Tonight should have been the strongest team with others getting a run on Sunday .
No doubt there will be a few meaty challenges on Sunday concerned about our players picking up injuries

Hermit Crab
12-07-2022, 10:51 PM
I don't know if you noticed tonight but McGeady was absolutely buckin gash in the 45 minutes he was on the park.

hhibs
12-07-2022, 10:53 PM
Probably have to now play strong team.
Tonight should have been the strongest team with others getting a run on Sunday .
No doubt there will be a few meaty challenges on Sunday concerned about our players picking up injuries

So true,so naive by the management.

California-Hibs
13-07-2022, 02:15 AM
I don't know if you noticed tonight but McGeady was absolutely buckin gash in the 45 minutes he was on the park.

Really? To each their own. Looked a threat to me and happy to try a pop at goal and hit an in behind pass.

Wasn't spectacular by any stretch but gash? Really?

Coach Jon
13-07-2022, 04:02 AM
Really? To each their own. Looked a threat to me and happy to try a pop at goal and hit an in behind pass.

McGeady was awful last night, particularly disappointed with his set pieces, couldnt get the ball past the first defender with his deliveries.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2022, 07:00 AM
McGeady was awful last night, particularly disappointed with his set pieces, couldnt get the ball past the first defender with his deliveries.

I found that aspect of his game last night particularly disappointing too.

Since452
13-07-2022, 07:19 AM
I thought McGeady looked like our one big threat in the first half. His delivery was poor though.

Nicho87
13-07-2022, 07:37 AM
Strongest team

Let’s bypass any midfield and just go mixu style 5-5 formation

GreenCastle
13-07-2022, 07:58 AM
So what’s our strongest team?

Finding it hard to name especially in central midfield.

Kenneh - JDH and Henderson ?

Stubbsy90+2
13-07-2022, 08:00 AM

Probably our strongest midfield 3 I reckon, yeah. Which is a sorry indictment as to where we are in that area of the pitch.

The midfield 3 needs to have as few of last nights 3 playing together as possible which really means 1 of them playing. That only leaves Kenneh and Henderson to be in there with whatever one is chosen.

Strongest team available right now I’d say:

Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Stevenson

Kenneh
JDH
Henderson

Melkersen
Doidge
McGeady

B.H.F.C
13-07-2022, 10:58 PM

With what we have available now, I think that’s our best option in midfield.

Kenneh has to get a run. He’s the only one we’ve signed in the middle of the park and we need to see what he’s about. I think Doyle-Hayes has been bang average the majority of the time but he’s the one that I feel has a bit more to offer and we need to try and get it out of him. Henderson gave the ball away a bit last night but it was generally because he was trying something, not just passing it back the way 10 yards. He was unlucky not to have at least one goal and I think he’s similar to Kenneh in that we need to give him a run to see if he can get a bit consistency.

Unseen work
13-07-2022, 11:17 PM
……………………Marshall…………..

Cadden…..Porteous…..McLellend….Stevenson……

………………Kenneh……JDH…….

Melkersen………Henderson……McGeady…….

…………………………Doidge……….

Wonder if Bojang will start now he’s available? Or come on for a decent amount of time.

For me the team on Tuesday and subs made was nothing to do with performances and was Johnson wanting to see exactly what he had and giving others a chance.

From what I’ve seen McLellend looks better than Rocky both defensively and on the ball.

Kenneh doesn’t look brilliant on the ball however when he plays it’s noticeable how well he fills gaps and wins the ball back.

Need to get our strongest possible team out there now so they get used to playing with each other and form relationships.

whiskyhibby
14-07-2022, 05:46 AM
Where can you get tickets for this game?

Sir David Gray
14-07-2022, 06:13 AM
Where can you get tickets for this game?

It's sold out.

Iain G
14-07-2022, 06:21 AM
Strongest team this time no ****ing about. Marshall, Kenneh, Cadden, McGeady all need to be on the park for as long as possible. Theses aren't friendlies!

It's Bonnyrigg we are playing, not Barcelona! Need to mix it again but players still need game time.

Sir David Gray
14-07-2022, 06:29 AM
It's Bonnyrigg we are playing, not Barcelona! Need to mix it again but players still need game time.

They can get game time against Norwich or once we're 3-0 up on Sunday.

After the result on Tuesday night we're now in danger of being knocked out the cup which would be horrendous so the strongest available team should be playing from the start.

Wheat Hound
14-07-2022, 06:50 AM
Goal difference could be vital to be a best 2nd placed team so a healthy win on Sunday would be very welcome.

linlithgowhibbie
14-07-2022, 09:24 AM
I'm still looking for a ticket if anyone can no longer use theirs!:thumbsup:

McGruber
14-07-2022, 09:50 AM
……………………Marshall…………..

Cadden…..Porteous…..McLellend….Stevenson……

………………Kenneh……JDH…….

Melkersen………Henderson……McGeady…….

…………………………Doidge……….

Wonder if Bojang will start now he’s available? Or come on for a decent amount of time.

For me the team on Tuesday and subs made was nothing to do with performances and was Johnson wanting to see exactly what he had and giving others a chance.

From what I’ve seen McLellend looks better than Rocky both defensively and on the ball.

Kenneh doesn’t look brilliant on the ball however when he plays it’s noticeable how well he fills gaps and wins the ball back.

Need to get our strongest possible team out there now so they get used to playing with each other and form relationships.

Agree with the team other than would have Rocky before McLelland. I think McLelland looks to have real good potential and played well in the easier games we had. He was at fault for the Falkirk goal though which proved decisive

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-07-2022, 09:55 AM
Agree with the team other than would have Rocky before McLelland. I think McLelland looks to have real good potential and played well in the easier games we had. He was at fault for the Falkirk goal though which proved decisive

McClelland could not get a game at Falkirk last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-07-2022, 10:01 AM
Marshall

Cadden rocky Porto Lewis (unless new lad can play)

Kennah JDH Henderson

Melkerson Doidge McGeady

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-07-2022, 10:06 AM
Alternative 4-4-2

Marshall

Cadden rocky Porto Lewis

Kennah
JDH Newell
McGeady

Melkerson Doidge

Diamond like the McGinn team

Diclonius
14-07-2022, 11:16 AM
Marshall

Cadden McClelland Porteous Stevenson

Doyle-Hayes Kenneh Henderson

McGeady Doidge Melkersen

patlowe
14-07-2022, 11:23 AM
I'm still looking for a ticket if anyone can no longer use theirs!:thumbsup:

I've got a spare going. It was bought as a home ticket but not sure there's any difference or what the segregation situation will be - I'm guessing very little?

Unseen work
14-07-2022, 11:30 AM

Whilst I agree it looks like Mclelland was at fault I’d love to know what actually happened/was said in the build up to the goal.

To me it looked like Nesbitt was hanging on Stevenson and as the ball was played drifted into the space to the left of McLellend.

He was stevensons man in the build up and he jogged back into the box with him, why didn’t Stevenson just go with him? He can see the whole game from there and has no one else to mark at that side. Did Stevenson give him a shout?

Just because you shout at your centre half a second or so before the cross comes in that it’s his man doesn’t mean your job as done, for me Stevenson could do more especially as the more experienced defender.

Who knows but it was a poor goal to concede none the less, also a cracking header from the lad

Keith_M
14-07-2022, 11:34 AM
I've got a spare going. It was bought as a home ticket but not sure there's any difference or what the segregation situation will be - I'm guessing very little?

None

linlithgowhibbie
14-07-2022, 12:01 PM

I' ve sent you a PM

Brian:thumbsup:

Steven79
14-07-2022, 02:19 PM
Anyone got anymore spare tickets?

Someone has let me down and I'm looking for a couple.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Logie
14-07-2022, 02:52 PM
Who’s going to what pubs before it? I’ve got a ticket on my Jack jones and will be going for a pint 🤣 don’t want jumped by the BYT

BoomtownHibees
14-07-2022, 03:03 PM
Who’s going to what pubs before it? I’ve got a ticket on my Jack jones and will be going for a pint 🤣 don’t want jumped by the BYT

Go in to the Roses club, you will be fine in there

JimBHibees
14-07-2022, 03:16 PM

Agree thought he was ok on a poor pitch. His deliveries weren't great however our play or lack of in the first half certainly didn't help him. Would definitely have kept him on especially when on top and trying to break down a packed defence.

McGruber
14-07-2022, 03:41 PM
Whilst I agree it looks like Mclelland was at fault I’d love to know what actually happened/was said in the build up to the goal.

To me it looked like Nesbitt was hanging on Stevenson and as the ball was played drifted into the space to the left of McLellend.

He was stevensons man in the build up and he jogged back into the box with him, why didn’t Stevenson just go with him? He can see the whole game from there and has no one else to mark at that side. Did Stevenson give him a shout?

Just because you shout at your centre half a second or so before the cross comes in that it’s his man doesn’t mean your job as done, for me Stevenson could do more especially as the more experienced defender.

Who knows but it was a poor goal to concede none the less, also a cracking header from the lad

Yeah, I take your point. For me if the cross comes in and centre backs are in position and striker scores from that area I'm looking at the centre backs before the short left back. Stevenson could have helped more though

Logie
14-07-2022, 03:54 PM
Go in to the Roses club, you will be fine in there

Good man.. cheers 👍

Hibeewilly
14-07-2022, 05:23 PM
I can't make it but a few of my mates are booked into The Anvil......I'd think you'll struggle to get into the Club

Hermit Crab
14-07-2022, 05:46 PM
You need to be booked into a pub in Bonnyrigg? Really?

andrew70
14-07-2022, 06:06 PM
Waverley Pub pre match for me.

Malthibby
14-07-2022, 06:10 PM
You need to be booked into a pub in Bonnyrigg? Really?

Midlothian's Monaco; The Rosie Posies, Gigi's, The Beetroot, erm, The Royal Oak, The Anvil; gateway to the metropolis of Dalkeith......
It's why I don't bother going abroad.....

Hermit Crab
14-07-2022, 07:09 PM
Midlothian's Monaco; The Rosie Posies, Gigi's, The Beetroot, erm, The Royal Oak, The Anvil; gateway to the metropolis of Dalkeith......
It's why I don't bother going abroad.....

Are all these pubs safe?

linlithgowhibbie
14-07-2022, 07:11 PM
Is the Bonnyrigg "Rock" still about? Was lively in the mid 70s

Bridge hibs
14-07-2022, 07:28 PM
Are all these pubs safe?Safe as houses, they hand you a hammer, a hard hat and a pair of steelies on your way in 😁

worcesterhibby
14-07-2022, 07:47 PM
With what we have available now, I think that’s our best option in midfield.

Kenneh has to get a run. He’s the only one we’ve signed in the middle of the park and we need to see what he’s about. I think Doyle-Hayes has been bang average the majority of the time but he’s the one that I feel has a bit more to offer and we need to try and get it out of him. Henderson gave the ball away a bit last night but it was generally because he was trying something, not just passing it back the way 10 yards. He was unlucky not to have at least one goal and I think he’s similar to Kenneh in that we need to give him a run to see if he can get a bit consistency.

with what’s available now I’d have Stevenson in midfield !

one day maybe...
14-07-2022, 08:00 PM
Are all these pubs safe?

Its Bonnyrigg not Beirut :greengrin

Waverly or Calderwood if its still there, not been out in Bonnyrigg for many a year.

BoomtownHibees
14-07-2022, 08:59 PM
I can't make it but a few of my mates are booked into The Anvil......I'd think you'll struggle to get into the Club

You will get in to the club. They are opening up the big hall as well as the games room. Opens at 11

BoomtownHibees
14-07-2022, 09:00 PM
Are all these pubs safe?

Lol

Libby Hibby
14-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Need to be thinking about a 4-3-3 on their tight pitch

Iain G
15-07-2022, 06:28 AM
Its Bonnyrigg not Beirut :greengrin

Waverly or Calderwood if its still there, not been out in Bonnyrigg for many a year.

Is Calderwood the one where you only have a choice of two bags of sweeties at the bar? 😁

Highwayman
15-07-2022, 08:25 AM
Marshall

McGeady Doidge Melkersen

This would be my starting line up.

However what is not clear to me is when the players who are currently missing will be available.

There is no clear indication as to when,the injured players Paul Hanlon,Kyle Maggenis,Demitri Mitchell and Kevin Nisbet will be available for selection.

Also how long is it going to take to get international clearance for Jair Tavares,Elie Youan and Marijan Cabraja.I remember when Hibs could sign a player one day and be playing the next.

As a further note Johnson said he intended to send out Dylan Tait on loan.However he has been in the squad for the last two games and did come on as a sub.Therefore is Tait staying or going.

McGruber
15-07-2022, 08:57 AM

However what is not clear to me is when the players who are currently missing will be available.

There is no clear indication as to when,the injured players Paul Hanlon,Kyle Maggenis,Demitri Mitchell and Kevin Nisbet will be available for selection.

Also how long is it going to take to get international clearance for Jair Tavares,Elie Youan and Marijan Cabraja.I remember when Hibs could sign a player one day and be playing the next.

As a further note Johnson said he intended to send out Dylan Tait on loan.However he has been in the squad for the last two games and did come on as a sub.Therefore is Tait staying or going.

I think I would only file Magennis and Mitchell under mystery injury/mystery timeline. Hanlon had an operation and is now at the running stage. He is probably where he should be at the stage of recovery. Nisbet isn't expected back from his injury until circa October, with building up game fitness would likely be November or December pushing to start.
Magennis and Mitchell are obviously struggling to get back to full fitness for whatever reason. The body is a complicated beast and obviously been set backs. No firm return dates as they just don't know yet I imagine.

Work permits - see Brexit

Dylan Tait - not in Johnson's plans will probably get a loan however the sub appearance could be part of continual assessment or mean he is now in the plans. Johnson is free to change his mind and players free to change it for him - by all accounts Tait was the standout in one of the Development games.

Hibernian Verse
15-07-2022, 08:57 AM

It's not international clearance we are waiting on, it's work permits thanks to Brexit. Clearance is between the two football associations that have the player registered (and a rubber stamp from FIFA).

Tambo
15-07-2022, 07:21 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky
Lewis

Kenneh
JDH

Melkersen
Henderson
Mcgeady

Dodige

I really can't see Bojang starting and Hauge didn't have the best game vs Falkirk so don't expect him to start.

Since452
15-07-2022, 07:27 PM
Marshall

McGeady Doidge Melkersen

My only change would be Rocky for McClelland.

Franck Stanton
15-07-2022, 07:53 PM
Any spare tickets ? Pay double face value.
Just give me pm please.

one day maybe...
15-07-2022, 09:19 PM
Is Calderwood the one where you only have a choice of two bags of sweeties at the bar? 😁

May have been have few swedgers consumed in there over the years, I'd say.
Bonnyrigg used to be decent back early 90's not sure what its like these days.

3pm
15-07-2022, 09:20 PM
Lol

🤣

JammyDoidger
16-07-2022, 07:11 AM
I still can't believe we haven't signed a Centre half yet, our teams is going to look nothing like what we put out today by the end of the transfer window, whole point of these games is to get the players used to playing with each other and get them match sharp. Bit of a nightmare.

worcesterhibby
16-07-2022, 08:59 AM
I still can't believe we haven't signed a Centre half yet, our teams is going to look nothing like what we put out today by the end of the transfer window, whole point of these games is to get the players used to playing with each other and get them match sharp. Bit of a nightmare.

I suspect we are trying hard, but if we are bidding for talented, experienced players they will have a number of options and their agents will be stalling to assess the best move. We could buy crap quickly, but I would suggest we are not in need of crap :greengrin

brydekirk
16-07-2022, 09:29 AM
Is the Bonnyrigg "Rock" still about? Was lively in the mid 70s

Knocked down and changed use.
The Rock, good memories.

LewysGot2
16-07-2022, 03:52 PM

It's one of the big issues with a competitive season starting on July 9th. We all know the moving and shaking re transfers is seldom done by then. Either players or agents on holiday then other leagues going back later than we do and the domino effect of clubs needing to move players on before bringing new ones in. It's a house of cards.

I'm not sure what blame lies at the door of our own game- after all we unilaterally moved back to a league cup with group stages starting by the beginning of the school holidays. Why? Probably to save our small clubs through the summer by giving them gate receipts. How beneficial it is for clubs like our on the years they don't have European fixtures is quite something else.

Allant1981
16-07-2022, 04:33 PM

Its not a bit of a nightmare in the slightest

hibbyfraelibby
16-07-2022, 06:34 PM

So what positions do Rocky and Kyle play then? Goalkeepers?

Mon_the_cabbage
16-07-2022, 07:01 PM
Some info from the Rose website

https://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/news/bonnyrigg-rose-v-hibernian--match-information-2714773.html

Mind and leave yer dug at home! :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

For those lucky enough to be unfamiliar with Bonnyrigg, the top side of the diagram for gate C is on the road (Lothian Street) that leads up from Dalkeith/Eskbank and the left side (Dundas Street) for gate A is the road leading to Cockpen and Newtongrange.

Tambo
16-07-2022, 07:31 PM
I expect a much better start than last Tuesday, what's the pitch like at Bonnyrigg?

Will be a battle all over the pitch I think so going to be interesting come team line up.

Where's the prediction thread?

B.H.F.C
16-07-2022, 07:34 PM
I expect a much better start than last Tuesday, what's the pitch like at Bonnyrigg?

Will be a battle all over the pitch I think so going to be interesting come team line up.

Pitch is very good but on a big slope. Will be no issue from that point of view.

Mon_the_cabbage
16-07-2022, 07:38 PM

https://twitter.com/BonnyriggRose/status/1548363331718619140

Some images here from their twitter . As mentioned there is a slope.

Tambo
16-07-2022, 07:55 PM
https://twitter.com/BonnyriggRose/status/1548363331718619140

Some images here from their twitter . As mentioned there is a slope.

So no excuses not to be able to knock the ball about then😁

We really need to start with energy and press high as a team, last season was a lot of talk after a defeat about not being good enough but not following up on that the next game.

Hermit Crab
16-07-2022, 08:09 PM
Some info from the Rose website

https://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/news/bonnyrigg-rose-v-hibernian--match-information-2714773.html

Mind and leave yer dug at home! :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

For those lucky enough to be unfamiliar with Bonnyrigg, the top side of the diagram for gate C is on the road (Lothian Street) that leads up from Dalkeith/Eskbank and the left side (Dundas Street) for gate A is the road leading to Cockpen and Newtongrange.

A grass banking... effing terrific, thankfully its not winter. They'll need to terrace that evenly as it won't hold up over the course of a season with bigger crowds.

3pm
16-07-2022, 08:10 PM
A grass banking... effing terrific, thankfully its not winter. They'll need to terrace that evenly as it won't hold up over the course of a season with bigger crowds.

I have stood on it plenty times, it's fine.

wookie70
16-07-2022, 08:17 PM
Same as Alloa and that held up fine. Bonnyrigg as a very progressive club and their ground is being improved all the time.

Hermit Crab
16-07-2022, 08:18 PM
Same as Alloa and that held up fine. Bonnyrigg as a very progressive club and their ground is being improved all the time.

Alloa is a shale banking with steps, better than a grass banking. Anyway, it is what it is.

B.H.F.C
16-07-2022, 08:24 PM

It holds up every year. Other than the odd cup game they won’t really be getting bigger crowds. Will probably have the biggest crowd in the league. Stranraer, Elgin etc won’t bring more than most in the lowland league or old junior set up.

Hermit Crab
16-07-2022, 08:31 PM
It holds up every year. Other than the odd cup game they won’t really be getting bigger crowds. Will probably have the biggest crowd in the league. Stranraer, Elgin etc won’t bring more than most in the lowland league or old junior set up.

Interestingly the capacity has been capped at 2400 tomorrow but the ground can hold more I believe.

B.H.F.C
16-07-2022, 08:35 PM
Interestingly the capacity has been capped at 2400 tomorrow but the ground can hold more I believe.

They did the same for the Cowdenbeath home game which was also sold out. They’ll also have to make room for the production stuff from Premier. There will be no area of the ground unoccupied, interestingly.

Stuart93
16-07-2022, 08:48 PM
My mates playing for Bonnyrigg the morn sorted a few of my group with tickets.

Wonder if they’ll get a few funny looks when they celebrate hibs goals

Libby Hibby
16-07-2022, 08:55 PM
If we struggle tomorrow, their pitch won’t be one of the reasons why.

B.H.F.C
16-07-2022, 09:03 PM
My mates playing for Bonnyrigg the morn sorted a few of my group with tickets.

Wonder if they’ll get a few funny looks when they celebrate hibs goals

Will be no segregation as such. There’ll be plenty Hibs supporters throughout the ground.

MagicSwirlingShip
16-07-2022, 09:04 PM
Just seen online it’s being broadcast on Premier Sports 2 from 2.45pm.

To all the Hibees making the game, enjoy!

Hermit Crab
16-07-2022, 09:15 PM
Will be no segregation as such. There’ll be plenty Hibs supporters throughout the ground.

They've asked us to congregate at one side of the dugouts but I'll be changing ends depending what way we are shooting. I can't remember a competitive game with no segregation in recents times. I'm sure there must have been but I can't remember at the moment.

Libby Hibby
16-07-2022, 09:41 PM
The away end at the Rose ground is segregated by a Heras fence at the dug outs. It has its own burger van but toilets are shared as these are near the entrance to the ground.

Hermit Crab
16-07-2022, 09:54 PM
The away end at the Rose ground is segregated by a Heras fence at the dug outs. It has its own burger van but toilets are shared as these are near the entrance to the ground.

You can't walk round the ground then?

Libby Hibby
16-07-2022, 10:01 PM
You can't walk round the ground then?

I don’t think so, away fans are funnelled towards the away area at the start but I’m pretty sure if you wanted to, you can get to other parts of the ground as like I say, the toilets are shared.

McGruber
16-07-2022, 10:14 PM
So what positions do Rocky and Kyle play then? Goalkeepers?

To be fair, I would count Kyle as a development signing as was stated at the time. He has only played because Hanlon is injured and haven't brought in a first team centre back. Rocky is what, 21 or 22 with Johnson saying he is 3 years younger than his age in terms of development. So either Johnson never wanted to sign him or signed him with a view to develop - either way not signed to be a starting player.
We have needed a new CB probably since Adam Jackson left and Daz were out the picture

skankomcphee
17-07-2022, 07:53 AM

I’m therefore assuming probably best not to wear Hibs colours for the home end, just to avoid refusal of admission.

skankomcphee
17-07-2022, 07:54 AM
I’m thinking the Tesco car park is probably the best option for parking today. About 20 minute walk to the ground according to Google Maps. Anyone know if it has a maximum stay period?

Libby Hibby
17-07-2022, 08:01 AM
I’m therefore assuming probably best not to wear Hibs colours for the home end, just to avoid refusal of admission.

I’d say that would be best.

Libby Hibby
17-07-2022, 08:02 AM
I’m thinking the Tesco car park is probably the best option for parking today. About 20 minute walk to the ground according to Google Maps. Anyone know if it has a maximum stay period?

No maximum stay. There are closer places to park. King George the 5th park behind the church and there is a car park behind the shops at the toll.

But I’d advise to be there early.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2022, 08:14 AM
No maximum stay. There are closer places to park. King George the 5th park behind the church and there is a car park behind the shops at the toll.

But I’d advise to be there early.

What about near the Co-op?

Hermit Crab
17-07-2022, 08:15 AM
Park at Eskbank train station and walk up from there.

SMAXXA
17-07-2022, 08:23 AM
They've asked us to congregate at one side of the dugouts but I'll be changing ends depending what way we are shooting. I can't remember a competitive game with no segregation in recents times. I'm sure there must have been but I can't remember at the moment.

You working at the game Hermit?

Libby Hibby
17-07-2022, 08:25 AM
Park at Eskbank train station and walk up from there.

That’s a bit of a trek to be fair, there is closer.

Hermit Crab
17-07-2022, 08:29 AM
You working at the game Hermit?

No but I have a ticket for the Hibs grass banking.

Since452
17-07-2022, 08:31 AM
Do this lot play on astro or is it good old grass?

McGruber
17-07-2022, 08:34 AM

Would say Tesco car park be 15 mins brisk walk and Eskbank 20 mins up the railway line.

Plenty of on street parking just that bit further than the ground around Bonnyrigg though

Libby Hibby
17-07-2022, 08:35 AM
Do this lot play on astro or is it good old grass?

Grass

Since452
17-07-2022, 08:35 AM
Grass

That's good. The astro definitely caught us out a bit a Falkirk.

Hermit Crab
17-07-2022, 08:37 AM
That's good. The astro definitely caught us out a bit a Falkirk.

I don't think that can be used as an excuse because we have full size 4G pitch at East Mains don't we?

McGruber
17-07-2022, 08:43 AM
Strongest team today and anyone expecting a landslide I suspect will be disappointed. We should win and win well but I think some will be surprised as to how difficult and stuffy this will be.
I've been to a number of Roses games in last few years and seen them beat a number of clubs from higher leagues in cup games.
The club is on a high after promotion and them beating Clyde away was more unexpected with Paddy Power than it was with me, cheers Paddy.

I expect a win, but if I was going today with my Rose scarf I would be confident of them giving a good account of themselves

Danderhall Hibs
17-07-2022, 08:46 AM
Plenty parking - down at Sherwood, up towards poltonhall - just drive around and you’ll find spaces in the schemes.

Libby Hibby
17-07-2022, 08:51 AM
Plenty parking - down at Sherwood, up towards poltonhall - just drive around and you’ll find spaces in the schemes.

Estates I’ll have you know 😁

Libby Hibby
17-07-2022, 08:53 AM
Strongest team today and anyone expecting a landslide I suspect will be disappointed. We should win and win well but I think some will be surprised as to how difficult and stuffy this will be.
I've been to a number of Roses games in last few years and seen them beat a number of clubs from higher leagues in cup games.
The club is on a high after promotion and them beating Clyde away was more unexpected with Paddy Power than it was with me, cheers Paddy.

I expect a win, but if I was going today with my Rose scarf I would be confident of them giving a good account of themselves

They are a good side, no stand out players just work really hard together.

If we are not looking to take 3 or 4 off them then there is an issue.

Hermit Crab
17-07-2022, 08:57 AM
They are a good side, no stand out players just work really hard together.

If we are not looking to take 3 or 4 off them then there is an issue.

I expect a reaction and do expect the game to be over by halftime much like the clyde match.

Jamesie
17-07-2022, 09:16 AM

Aye, looks like the Tesco is a good ten minutes closer on foot than Eskbank.

flash
17-07-2022, 09:18 AM
Aye, looks like the Tesco is a good ten minutes closer on foot than Eskbank.

You have to walk past Tesco car park after getting off train at Eskbank so Tesco probably 5 minutes less walking time.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2022, 09:21 AM
I have stood on it plenty times, it's fine.

Yeah but you are 7ft tall😀

hibbyfraelibby
17-07-2022, 09:42 AM
Pitch is very good but on a big slope. Will be no issue from that point of view.

Not just a slope but like a rollercoaster toi

Alfiembra
17-07-2022, 09:50 AM

watch yer car mister?

Danderhall Hibs
17-07-2022, 10:07 AM

:hilarious been told that before. Hopefield particularly prefer to be called an estate.

Danderhall Hibs
17-07-2022, 10:12 AM
watch yer car mister?

Nah all very civilised in Bonnyrigg nowadays.

wallpaperman
17-07-2022, 10:14 AM
Not just a slope but like a rollercoaster toi

I was the the Cowdenbeath play off and to my eye the slope kind of goes diagonally corner to corner, we stood right down at the pitch level barrier near the dugouts, that’s how it felt to me. I think it will be a tough game today.

We parked in the large car park at Lasswade High School opposite the astro pitches, an easy 10 minute stroll along to the ground.

Jpdhfc
17-07-2022, 10:34 AM

that's how I seen it too.

wookie70
17-07-2022, 10:48 AM
Hoping for a good performance today and a win. We really have to try and top the group but Wednesday's result means we have to rely on Falkirk slipping up. The Rose will be well up for this and are used to winning most of their games. We need to match their effort, something we didn't do in the first half against Falkirk. This is not a Pre-season game and getting knocked out would be a disaster for us as we are used to getting into the semi finals of the cup more times than not recently

Since452
17-07-2022, 10:57 AM
Hearts beat them 5-0 a week or so ago. I know it was a friendly but I'm expecting a similar scoreline.

wookie70
17-07-2022, 11:01 AM

I was photographing the game so had a very narrow view of the goal. Just watched it back and McLelland is most at fault as it is his man that scores and he was marking him one pass before the ball to the crosser of the ball. He simply didn't get close enough and he had ample time to do so. Like most goals though there are a number of mistakes and most of them are not getting close enough to our opponents to allow them easy possession and the ability to get a good cross in. Pressing is what we are meant to be doing and we simply didn't do it in the first half. Lewis has had a poor start to the season but very little of that goal had anything to do with him.

CentreLine
17-07-2022, 11:05 AM

Steamies

Built in the 60’s and no coal fired so they were the steamies.

McGruber
17-07-2022, 11:06 AM
Hearts beat them 5-0 a week or so ago. I know it was a friendly but I'm expecting a similar scoreline.

Was that not at Tynecastle? I would expect us to steam roller them at Easter Road. The game being at Bonnyrigg is altogether different. Be tricky but still expect a decent win in the end.

gbhibby
17-07-2022, 11:23 AM
Nah all very civilised in Bonnyrigg nowadays.
Kids have card machines so no problems if you don't have cash to pay them to look after your car.😁

thebakerboy
17-07-2022, 11:49 AM
Fare sized car park in King george V park just off High St a few minutes from ground.

Hibs90
17-07-2022, 12:04 PM
Should be taking 4/5/6 off them to be honest.

It'll be competitive and it's important we rack up some goals.

HendoDelivered
17-07-2022, 12:07 PM
Bojang masterclass incoming 😆

S4uzee
17-07-2022, 12:11 PM
-2 at 21/20

JimBHibees
17-07-2022, 12:43 PM
I was photographing the game so had a very narrow view of the goal. Just watched it back and McLelland is most at fault as it is his man that scores and he was marking him one pass before the ball to the crosser of the ball. He simply didn't get close enough and he had ample time to do so. Like most goals though there are a number of mistakes and most of them are not getting close enough to our opponents to allow them easy possession and the ability to get a good cross in. Pressing is what we are meant to be doing and we simply didn't do it in the first half. Lewis has had a poor start to the season but very little of that goal had anything to do with him.

One of the issues was Hague not tracking the player who crossed the ball in. A decent header to be fair.

SteveHFC
17-07-2022, 12:45 PM
Marshall
Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Stevenson
Kenneh
Newell
Henderson
McGeady
Melkersen
Doidge

Sir David Gray
17-07-2022, 12:46 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Bushiri
Porteous
Stevenson

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson
McGeady

Melkersen
Doidge

Subs

Dabrowski
McClelland
Blaney
Miller
Delferriere
Tait
Campbell
Hauge
Bojang

Manxhibs
17-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Like the line up, should have more than enough

Alex Trager
JDH injured?

Tambo
No complaints about that line up, I did want to see Kenneh JDH and Henderson but happy with 2 out of 3.

Bojang on the bench.

Mon the Hibs.

Heisenberg
Doyle-Hayes out completely, wonder if he’s injured?

JimBHibees
17-07-2022, 12:48 PM
Marshall
Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Stevenson
Kenneh
Newell
Henderson
McGeady
Melkersen
Doidge

Kind of the sort of team I was expecting. Looking for a decent response from Tuesday.

MWHIBBIES
17-07-2022, 12:48 PM
Good team that, probably the strongest we have. Needs to see much more from McGeady today.

Jim44
17-07-2022, 12:51 PM
Marshall
Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Stevenson
Kenneh
Newell
Henderson
McGeady
Melkersen
Doidge

Wise after the event but that team would have taken care of Falkirk. Should stroll through the game today.

Since452
17-07-2022, 12:53 PM
That team is much more like it. Take it JDH is injured?

Sir David Gray
17-07-2022, 12:55 PM
Not a huge amount of options on the bench but that starting lineup should be more than enough.

JimBHibees
17-07-2022, 12:57 PM

Hope not

GreenPJ
17-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Tait seems to be getting game time as well as bench time with the first team - do wonder if Lee has recognised his ability and decided to keep him rather than loan.

3pm
17-07-2022, 01:00 PM
Yeah but you are 7ft tall😀

I am in the Bonnyrigg end, don't be chucking things at me!

Iain G
17-07-2022, 01:01 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Bushiri
Porteous
Stevenson

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson
McGeady

Melkersen
Doidge

Subs

Dabrowski
McClelland
Blaney
Miller
Delferriere
Tait
Campbell
Hauge
Bojang

433 maybe with Melkerson and McGeady flanking Doidge

JammyDoidger
17-07-2022, 01:03 PM

Or found a new club? Maybe Johnson has realised there's no point having Campbell, Newell and JDH and he's the one to go, mystic.

Smartie
17-07-2022, 01:06 PM
Tait seems to be getting game time as well as bench time with the first team - do wonder if Lee has recognised his ability and decided to keep him rather than loan.

He's probably noticed the absence of alternatives and realised he has no choice.

He also hasn't really felt the need to resort to the Stevenson in midfield option.

Looks like close to our strongest team today. Spotlight on Newell imo as his selection is probably the most contentious.

Ozyhibby
17-07-2022, 01:10 PM
He's probably noticed the absence of alternatives and realised he has no choice.

He also hasn't really felt the need to resort to the Stevenson in midfield option.

Looks like close to our strongest team today. Spotlight on Newell imo as his selection is probably the most contentious.

We won’t learn anything today as far a Newell goes. This will be like Clyde last week. Main thing is don’t lose any goals, win by a respectable amount and don’t pick up injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicSwirlingShip
17-07-2022, 01:15 PM
We won’t learn anything today as far a Newell goes. This will be like Clyde last week. Main thing is don’t lose any goals, win by a respectable amount and don’t pick up injuries.

I’d take a 1-0 win at this point. Have a feeling this will be a tricky tie

MWHIBBIES
17-07-2022, 01:18 PM

You're actually obsessed with Joe. Let it go and get behind him, seriously.

Smartie
17-07-2022, 01:19 PM

We could do with him notably contributing something positive to a game, even if it isn't in our biggest test.

Ozyhibby
17-07-2022, 01:23 PM
You're actually obsessed with Joe. Let it go and get behind him, seriously.

I was replying to a post specifically about Newell. [emoji849]

Callum_62
17-07-2022, 01:32 PM
Notice Marshall in the captain today

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

h1bs4life
17-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Wise after the event but that team would have taken care of Falkirk. Should stroll through the game today.

Definitely that team should have started 1st half against Falkirk and changes made later if possible. .
The starting team from Falkirk should have started today , big concern today is getting injuries

J-C
17-07-2022, 01:41 PM
Hopefully get 2-3 goals early and bring on Tait and Bojang to see what the can do.

silverhibee
17-07-2022, 02:00 PM
Sit down 3pm, can’t see :thumbsup:

CmoantheHibs
17-07-2022, 02:01 PM
I imagine we will be fired up and come out very quickly.

LunasBoots
17-07-2022, 02:02 PM
Loads of green about the home ends, yaaaas 1-0

OtleyHibs
17-07-2022, 02:02 PM
Just the start we needed, tidy finish too

HendoDelivered
17-07-2022, 02:03 PM
1-0 newell

Scorrie
Newel! 1-0

LunasBoots
Joe Joe super Joe 😄

CMac1988
Easy peasy. At least 9 more please... :)

J-C
That'll do to start with, nice finish.

Hibernian Verse
They’re awful…

cabbageandribs1875
17-07-2022, 02:04 PM
1:38 seconds i made that :)

silverhibee
Joe Joe super Joe. :flag:

Del Boy
Nice finish, horrendous defending form Bonnyrigg

CmoantheHibs
Perfect start. Good finish by Joe Newell

BT58
17-07-2022, 02:05 PM
Cracking finish by Newel
B

Stuart93
Good finish from JN!

Hopefully kick on and get a few goals now

Pitch looks quite heavy on the tele

Smartie
Nice, clean strike from him.

Much more like it, doesn't matter who it is against.

Better.

Since452
17-07-2022, 02:06 PM
Good start. Much more like it.

Stuart93
Kenneh needs to work on his passing

MWHIBBIES
What a ****ing player

Libby Hibby
It just had to be Newell…well done him

cameronw-hfc
17-07-2022, 02:07 PM
Distinct lack of celebration from Newell. Can imagine the abuse he's received the last few days won't be sitting well with him, and given he's active on socials I can only imagine the tripe he's had to read.

JohnMcM
17-07-2022, 02:08 PM
Let’s make this comfortable now Hibs. There’s a bench full of young legs that need a run out for the second half.

Stuart93
We need to stop with the punts forward as well

Poor defending from Stevo and Porteous there

EdinMike
Did Joe Newell just score… look out for Stevenson scoring a over head kick…

Since452
17-07-2022, 02:09 PM
Stevenson deary me

LunasBoots
17-07-2022, 02:10 PM
Penalty Hibs

Stuart93
17-07-2022, 02:10 PM
Stonewall pen

CMac1988
17-07-2022, 02:11 PM
Clumsy touch from Dodge gets him a penalty! Lovely.

HendoDelivered
Mcgeady misses a pen.

LunasBoots
Pish

Stuart93
What a horrendous penalty

Del Boy
What a shocking penalty!!

cabbageandribs1875
dearie me

BT58
Shocker of a penalty from A M
B

Stuart93
17-07-2022, 02:12 PM
That was nowhere near 🤣

Scorrie
Shocking penalty from McGeady.

Del Boy
That keepers a bell end

Hibs90
That's ****ing atrocious.

Coco Bryce
Very poor fron McGeady there.

Hibernian Verse
Goalie was 7 yards off his line

LunasBoots
Keepers a jambo

Berwickhibby
What a pish penalty

Hibernian Verse
17-07-2022, 02:13 PM
Keepers a jambo

Keepers a bellend

J-C
Very poor penalty, btw half the Rose players are looking very chunky to say the least, obviously enjoyed their time off.

CMac1988
That keepers a bell end

Maybe so but with what should be a fair gulf in quality the guy has to find an edge somewhere. If that means acting like a twat to get in someone's head then so be it.

McGeady just needs to get himself a goal and return the favour.

Del Boy
Keepers a jambo

Looks like one right enough

Lago
17-07-2022, 02:14 PM
1-0 newell
That will upset some folk 😅

Stuart93
Need to get a 2nd soon just to kill this off after that miss

Don’t think we’ll need to wait long

Moulin Yarns
Newall should have taken the penalty to stick it up to the folks who criticise him 😁

Scorrie
Keepers a bellend

He got booked for his GIRUY gesture I think

Libby Hibby
That will upset some folk 😅

😂😂😂

A few on here will be booing

JDT
17-07-2022, 02:15 PM
Was it definitely a penalty, I'm here and it was so fast I couldn't tell

Tambo
17-07-2022, 02:16 PM
A good start so far, keeping the ball well.

Poor pen but I can see a few more goals before halftime.

Oscar T Grouch

Yeah definitely a pen. Kicked his ankle about a foot inside the box.

Hibs90

Yes clipped him

cameronw-hfc
17-07-2022, 02:17 PM

Clear as day, even both commentators thought so

Stuart93
17-07-2022, 02:18 PM
Defence getting pulled apart a bit there

Since452
Keepers a bellend

Fair likes his scran by the look of it.

Torto7
McGeady getting a warm bigoted welcome from the local HunHearts Hicks including the obese angry goalie.

dmc1875
17-07-2022, 02:19 PM
We look pretty garbage tbh.

Stuart93

We need to start playing it on the deck a bit more.

Too many aimless punts forward

Libby Hibby

In what way?

Del Boy
Started well but not looking great now

BILLYHIBS
17-07-2022, 02:20 PM
The goalie sponsored by a good curry house in Loanhead

dmc1875
In what way?

The defence doesn’t look very sharp? Passings been poor? Struggling to get the forwards in to the game? Bare in mind the opposition as well.

GreenCastle
Apart from the goal we have been pretty average.

Some of the passing pretty sloppy. Not sure why we keep trying to clip it into Doidge

Stuart93
17-07-2022, 02:21 PM
Better from mcgeady there

Tambo
17-07-2022, 02:21 PM
Bonnyrigg getting a bit more into the game the last 5 minutes or so.

Sir David Gray
17-07-2022, 02:22 PM
Missed the start, jesus that penalty was horrific!

Tambo
17-07-2022, 02:22 PM
Apart from the goal we have been pretty average.

Some of the passing pretty sloppy. Not sure why we keep trying to clip it into Doidge

Looked ok till the pen miss in my opinion but not to great last 10.

Biggie
17-07-2022, 02:23 PM
That keepers a bell end

He's wound up to ****, he's a massive jambo...

Stuart93
Aye started well but dropped right off.

They’re knocking it about more than us

Thief
McGeady getting a warm bigoted welcome from the local HunHearts Hicks including the obese angry goalie.

What did keeper shout at McGeady?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smartie
Is the guy Brett that's playing for them the one who scaled the pole outside the Harp and Castle during the Scottish Cup parade?

Stuart93
17-07-2022, 02:24 PM
Is the guy Brett that's playing for them the one who scaled the pole outside the Harp and Castle during the Scottish Cup parade?

The very one

Tambo
Should of been 0-2 there.

easty
Have to be scoring that!

cabbageandribs1875
expect the ball ewan :(

HH81
17-07-2022, 02:25 PM
Awful pen and poor Henderson header.

Good to be ahead though.

JDT

That's him, ex Cowdenbeath

Biggie
Jesus, that's poor....cmon to **** hibs, sharpen up

Loopz
expect the ball euan :(
Shat it.

Berwickhibby
17-07-2022, 02:26 PM
Henderson should score…poor effort

easty
Shat it.

It’s a poor miss but he didn’t **** it at all

Vault Boy
Picking up a bit now

Tambo
17-07-2022, 02:27 PM
Few more chances first Porto then doidge.

LunasBoots
17-07-2022, 02:27 PM
Should be putting the ball in the net, Mon Hibs, this is all too familiar.

Smartie
17-07-2022, 02:28 PM

Definitely a penalty.

Doidge's touch was terrible, it tempted the defender into the challenge which was late and about a foot inside the box.

cameronw-hfc
17-07-2022, 02:29 PM
Bonnyrigg keeper seems to be a cross of a hearts and rangers fan going by his socials 😂 no wonder he was all about taunting Mcgeady

Hibby70
17-07-2022, 02:29 PM
It’s a poor miss but he didn’t **** it at all

To be fair I also thought he was very tentative let's say

The Captain....
17-07-2022, 02:30 PM
This is pish again. Need to up the tempo

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

dp00
17-07-2022, 02:30 PM
Horrible feeling this McGeady transfer is not going to be what we all expect

Stuart93
17-07-2022, 02:31 PM
Still seems like we’re lacking that creative spark

easty
17-07-2022, 02:32 PM
Bonnyrigg keeper seems to be a cross of a hearts and rangers fan going by his socials 😂 no wonder he was all about taunting Mcgeady

His sneering puss looks fully Rangers. The face of a man who’s got a Union Jack pillowcase and has a picture of the Queen in his bedroom.

Hibs90

What did people expect from a 36 year old winger?

Ozyhibby

Going exactly how I expected it so far.

Ozyhibby
17-07-2022, 02:34 PM
Players not in possession are just so static.

CL0762
17-07-2022, 02:35 PM

Mark’s a huge Jambo, was in the same year at high school. Whole family are Hearts daft.

Heisenberg
17-07-2022, 02:36 PM
Should be at least three up so far.

EdinMike
Should be 4-0 up at Half time.

Tambo
Some goal that would of been from kenneh. Henderson has started pre season and these league cup games well in my opinion.

GreenCastle

To be fair think he’s our most creative and dangerous player.

His pen was mince but rather him do that in a game like this than against a decent team.

Since452
17-07-2022, 02:37 PM
The gulf in quality is massive. It's like a training game. Hopefully a second before half time.