PDA

View Full Version : Team for Falkirk

Tambo
11-07-2022, 02:04 PM
Johnson saying Newell and Mcgeady will probably start.

Maybe kev gets the gloves?

More goals from Doidge?

BegbieHSC
11-07-2022, 02:08 PM

More goals from Doidge?

Similar team to how we started against Clyde. I really like Melkersen in that roaming forward position, so would defo start Doidge again.

Hoping we’ll get the chance to see some of our other new boys soon. Home office are a ****ing joke with the work permits.

Hibernian Verse
11-07-2022, 02:09 PM

More goals from Doidge?

I think it'll be a rotation but Marshall will play.

S4uzee
11-07-2022, 02:16 PM
Will be a difficult game against a bogey side

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2022, 02:18 PM
Marshall

Miller Porto Rocky Lewis

Tait NK Newell

Melkersen Doidge McGeady

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2022, 02:18 PM
Will be a difficult game against a bogey side

This is no Peter Houston Falkirk side. They're absolutely dreadful. Will only be difficult if we make it so.

Unseen work
11-07-2022, 02:24 PM
Did notice Johnson said about McGeady, Newell and a couple of others.

I’ll guess.

………..…………Marshall………….

Miller……Porteous….McLellend…Stevenson…..

……………Kenneh……..Newell……

Melkersen………Henderson……..McGeady…..

………………………Doidge……….

Assuming Tavares, Bojang and Youan can’t play

Brightside
11-07-2022, 02:28 PM
I thought JDH was excellent at the weekend. I'd be a little disappointed if he is dropped for Newell.

Hibernian Verse
11-07-2022, 02:32 PM
I thought JDH was excellent at the weekend. I'd be a little disappointed if he is dropped for Newell.

If he doesn't play I wouldn't say he's being dropped, we need everyone to get minutes it's still technically pre-season.

CapitalGreen
11-07-2022, 02:37 PM

LJ said these games are being treated as if they are part of our preseason program. As such, I’d expect everyone will be getting game time and the players starting will be rotated in and out.

JammyDoidger
11-07-2022, 02:38 PM
Marshall

Miller
Porto
Mclelland
Stevenson

Campbell
Kenneh
Newell

Hauge
Melkersen
Hendo

Sure it's still that sticky plastic pitch, guys that have had injury issues would be left out for me, Doidge, Mcgeady, Cadden for example, would be tempted to leave marshall out aswell tbh.

jacomo
11-07-2022, 02:56 PM
If he doesn't play I wouldn't say he's being dropped, we need everyone to get minutes it's still technically pre-season.

:agree:

JimBHibees
11-07-2022, 02:56 PM
This is no Peter Houston Falkirk side. They're absolutely dreadful. Will only be difficult if we make it so.

Now managed by McGlynn who will make them better I would assume. Tricky game on that pitch.

H18 SFR
11-07-2022, 03:15 PM
Now managed by McGlynn who will make them better I would assume. Tricky game on that pitch.

To be very fair, McGlynn will have them better like you say. They will be considerably better than Clyde.

JimBHibees
11-07-2022, 03:27 PM
To be very fair, McGlynn will have them better like you say. They will be considerably better than Clyde.

Agree

Since452
11-07-2022, 03:28 PM
Hopefully the boys waiting on work permits are getting a good workout in training! Hopefully another couple of goals for Doidge again. He'll be buzzing if that happens.

Lancs Harp
11-07-2022, 03:33 PM
Think we'll rotate. LJ will use the league cup group stage matches to get minutes in players legs.

ancient hibee
11-07-2022, 03:55 PM
Perhaps Newell at left back.

Lancs Harp
11-07-2022, 04:00 PM

I just cant see Joe as a left back. With the Croatian lad coming in and Lewis still around i dont think theres the need personally

JimBHibees
11-07-2022, 04:14 PM

Wouldn't have thought so

Allant1981
11-07-2022, 04:45 PM
Dabrowski
Miller
Porteous
McClelland
Stevenson
Kenneh
Newell
JDH
Hauge
Doidge
Mcgeady

Tha Cabbage Kid
11-07-2022, 05:10 PM
.....................Marshall

..,...Rocky........Porto.....McLelland

Miller......... JDH.......Newell..........Lewis

.....Melkersen..Doidge...Mcgeady

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Tha Cabbage Kid
11-07-2022, 05:11 PM
Perhaps Newell at left back.I hope not!!!

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
11-07-2022, 05:16 PM
Marshall

Miller
Porteous
McClelland
Stevenson

Kenneh
Newell

Melkersen
Henderson
McGeady

Doidge

Still think the midfield places are well up for grabs.

Sir David Gray
11-07-2022, 06:40 PM

I don't expect them to be as good as they were 6 or 7 years ago but equally I expect them to be better than they have been over the last couple of years. They now have a competent manager in charge in John McGlynn and I expect them to be promoted this season and will probably put up a better fight tomorrow than they would have done this time last season.

I still expect us to win comfortably though.

wookie70
11-07-2022, 07:01 PM
No idea if Falkirk have improved but they were terrible last year. I predict another good win. McGeady left, Doidge centre and Melkerson right. Change Rocky for McClelland and Newell for Kenneh and keep Marshall in goal.

DownInAlbion
11-07-2022, 07:27 PM
Any updates on Kyle Magennis? Weeks or months away?

davhibby
11-07-2022, 08:10 PM

They will be slightly better than Clyde. Falkirk finished in the same half of the table as them last season and don’t seem to have done too much in the transfer market. McGlynn will improve them a bit but they couldn’t lay a glove against a Morton team with no players at the weekend. They will be worse than the Hartlepool team we played in Portugal

WeeRussell
11-07-2022, 08:31 PM
No idea if Falkirk have improved but they were terrible last year. I predict another good win. McGeady left, Doidge centre and Melkerson right. Change Rocky for McClelland and Newell for Kenneh and keep Marshall in goal.

Maybe not far off although think might be a couple of further changes to the starting 11.

wookie70
11-07-2022, 08:39 PM
They will be slightly better than Clyde. Falkirk finished in the same half of the table as them last season and don’t seem to have done too much in the transfer market. McGlynn will improve them a bit but they couldn’t lay a glove against a Morton team with no players at the weekend. They will be worse than the Hartlepool team we played in Portugal

I only saw the against Airdrie at Falkirk last year. Airdrie tore them to bits and Falkirk looked disinterested to me. Such a different side compared to the one we battled against in the Championship. The pitch will be a leveller but on Saturday ER was really slow on the grass. I'm confident of a three goal plus result for the good guys

JOD
12-07-2022, 01:16 AM

Jeez some people on here give opinions and don't bother to look at facts before spouting nonsense.Fallirk have had the biggest turnover of players across all the divisions in Scotland so far under Mcglinn or whatever that jambos called.

Since452
12-07-2022, 05:34 AM
Tin hat on but I think McGlynn is a good manager/coach. He'll have his players up for this. Expect us to win by 2 or 3 though.

Unseen work
12-07-2022, 05:56 AM
Any update on Youan, Tavares or the forgotten man Bojang?

J-C
12-07-2022, 07:24 AM
I'll go for

Kevin

Miller
Porteous
McClelland
Lewis

Kenneh
Newell

Hauge
McGeady
Melkerson

Doidge

Since452
12-07-2022, 08:43 AM

Sure we would have heard if they were avaliable. Frustrating as i was really impressed with them in Portugal. Would be nice to see what Bojang brings too.

Tambo
12-07-2022, 09:12 AM
I know Marshall will probably be the no 1 but I think both keepers will play 2 games each in the league cup.

Then there is also 45 minutes each for the Norwich friendly.

Im hoping Hauge and Delferriere can get some minutes tonight.

St Pauli Hibee
12-07-2022, 09:26 AM
Marshall

Stevenson
McClelland
Porto
Miller

JDH
Newell
Henderson

McGeady
Melkersen
Doidge

Steve20
12-07-2022, 10:03 AM

Very frustrating if they aren't able to play soon. The group stage was the ideal place to get players up to match speed. So if they don't play that, they won't be properly ready for the start of the league.

judas
12-07-2022, 10:22 AM

More goals from Doidge?

My simple proposition - barring injuries - is to play the team that won 5-0.

To heck with all this rotation nonsense.

Northernhibee
12-07-2022, 10:26 AM
Marshall

Stevenson
McClelland
Porto
Miller

JDH
Newell
Henderson

McGeady
Melkersen
Doidge

I’d be keen to see that midfield combo. It didn’t work last season under Maloney but nothing worked under him. Would be good to learn if they could actually play together.

O'Rourke3
12-07-2022, 11:48 AM
LJs interview pretty much promised McGeady and Newell starting to get minutes in legs. McClellend maybe start in that case as might Miller .

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Liam978
12-07-2022, 12:09 PM
LJs interview pretty much promised McGeady and Newell starting to get minutes in legs. McClellend maybe start in that case as might Miller .

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Many on here seem to go for Miller as opposed to Cadden, cant see it, Chrissy all day long for me.

Hibernian Verse
12-07-2022, 12:11 PM
Many on here seem to go for Miller as opposed to Cadden, cant see it, Chrissy all day long for me.

Based on Saturday I'd agree. Miller looked extremely nervous when he first came on, but we will see more of him over the next 3 games.

Stubbsy90+2
12-07-2022, 12:15 PM
Any updates on Kyle Magennis? Weeks or months away?

Still not in full training and I think it was suggested on here that he wouldn’t be in full training before the first league game.

If that’s the case then I’d think it’ll be month(s) rather than weeks.

Souter96Mac
12-07-2022, 12:26 PM
Hibs have tweeted the usual preview to tonight's game. But unclear, as it says:
Hibernian supporters can expect to see several of the new signings in action again, however, Johnson will be without longer-term absences Paul Hanlon, Kyle Magennis, Kevin Nisbet and Demetri Mitchell

Sir David Gray
12-07-2022, 12:32 PM
Hibs have tweeted the usual preview to tonight's game. But unclear, as it says:
Hibernian supporters can expect to see several of the new signings in action again, however, Johnson will be without longer-term absences Paul Hanlon, Kyle Magennis, Kevin Nisbet and Demetri Mitchell

Presumably they're including Henderson and Bushiri in that list and also McGeady, Marshall, Miller, Kenneh and McClelland.

I doubt we'll see Tavares, Youan or Bojang tonight.

Hibbyradge
12-07-2022, 12:36 PM
Will we be able to watch this on TV?

madhibee_again
12-07-2022, 12:39 PM
Presumably they're including Henderson and Bushiri in that list and also McGeady, Marshall, Miller, Kenneh and McClelland.

I doubt we'll see Tavares, Youan or Bojang tonight.

Youan is definitely at East Mains going by his social media. Not sure if that means the three haven’t been allowed over until the work permits are done and his is now sorted or it means nothing at all.

nonshinyfinish
12-07-2022, 12:41 PM

From Falkirk's site (https://www.falkirkfc.tv/) it looks like they are back to broadcasting video only to international subscribers:

Falkirk TV provide live coverage of all home matches in Cinch League 1 and associated SPFL and SFA cups.

Away games will be broadcast subject to access to power supplied by the home club and adequate 4g broadband coverage in the area.

Due to SPFL regulations we are unable to broadcast to subscribers within the UK and Ireland and please note a PPV facility is currently not available.

Edit: didn't occur to me that it might be on real telly.

bringbackbenny
12-07-2022, 12:49 PM

Yes - it's live on Premier Sports.

Hibbyradge
12-07-2022, 12:55 PM
Yes - it's live on Premier Sports.

Ah, great. Thanks.

J-C
12-07-2022, 01:01 PM
Still not in full training and I think it was suggested on here that he wouldn’t be in full training before the first league game.

Not good news if that's the case with Magennis.

flash
12-07-2022, 01:08 PM
Not good news if that's the case with Magennis.

It probably isn't to be fair.

MWHIBBIES
12-07-2022, 01:11 PM

Great way to only have 11 match fit players.

yerauldda
12-07-2022, 01:16 PM
Marshall
Miller Porteous McLelland Stevenson
Tait Kenneh Newell
Melkerson Doidge McGeady

Since452
12-07-2022, 01:17 PM
Any idea what size of Hibs support will be there tonight?

WeeRussell
12-07-2022, 01:22 PM
Any idea what size of Hibs support will be there tonight?

Depends on whether there’s pay at the gate 😁

Since452
12-07-2022, 01:25 PM

It must be a worry for Kyle if that's the case. If Hibs kick on under LJ as i expect them to do, he could quickly find himself out the picture when he is back in full training. It's a shame as he's a quality player. Playing catch up when the team is doing well isn't ideal for him.

J-C
12-07-2022, 01:29 PM
It must be a worry for Kyle if that's the case. If Hibs kick on under LJ as i expect them to do, he could quickly find himself out the picture when he is back in full training. It's a shame as he's a quality player. Playing catch up when the team is doing well isn't ideal for him.

I think the biggest worry is if injuries become the norm and it finish his career before it's really begun, we've seen it before.

Since452
12-07-2022, 01:47 PM
I think the biggest worry is if injuries become the norm and it finish his career before it's really begun, we've seen it before.

Yeah fingers crossed that doesn't happen to him.

jacomo
12-07-2022, 02:04 PM

But it’s pre-season and we are trying to get our entire squad match fit??

:confused:

SJNB Hibby
12-07-2022, 02:32 PM

I love the optimism on here after we've won one game against a third tier team:greengrin

ekhibee
12-07-2022, 03:41 PM
Apologies if somebody's already asked, but is this game on TV or PPV?

Hibbyradge
12-07-2022, 03:42 PM

Premier Sports 1

Hiber-nation
12-07-2022, 03:42 PM

On Premier Sports.

Garymcl
12-07-2022, 04:22 PM
Hoping LJ plays another attacking set of players tonight on the front foot looking forward to seeing Mcgeady on from the start few pints with the boys just now and on our way ggtth

BSEJVT
12-07-2022, 04:44 PM
Is it really £14.99 pm to subscribe to Premier Sports?

Not prepared to pay that.

Looking to watch this game and the Bonnyrigg one and that will be about it and looking to cancel thereafter

Thanks

Sir David Gray
12-07-2022, 04:47 PM

Looking to watch this game and the Bonnyrigg one and that will be about it and looking to cancel thereafter

Thanks

If you're on Sky and you only want to subscribe for a month then it's £14.99, if you sign up for 12 months it's £9.99 per month.

Unseen work
Update online about work permits;

Bojang - Hopeful of being done by end of week
Youan & Tavares - Likely to be before first game of season - both already in country though.

Libby Hibby

Thanks

Or get a hooky stick 😜

BSEJVT
12-07-2022, 04:48 PM
If you're on Sky and you only want to subscribe for a month then it's £14.99, if you sign up for 12 months it's £9.99 per month.

Thanks for that

Looks like I will be giving it a miss

WeeRussell
12-07-2022, 04:50 PM

Thanks

I’m in the last few days of a free month trial with them (and have had one before). Will be cancelling tomorrow after watching us tonight.

I’m assuming the offer isn’t still available though?

For info, it gave me premier sports 1 and 2, box nation and also allowed me to watch it on the tv up the stairs as well. That was through sky. I still agree that I wouldn’t be paying for it every month though.

Sir David Gray

Youan & Tavares - Likely to be before first game of season - both already in country though.

That's really disappointing that Youan and Tavares might not be available for another 3 weeks.

JohnM1875

So frustrating. So no chance of Youan and Tavares being match fit before the season kicks off.

Looking forward to seeing Bojang though!

BSEJVT
12-07-2022, 04:56 PM
I’m in the last few days of a free month trial with them (and have had one before). Will be cancelling tomorrow after watching us tonight.

I’m assuming the offer isn’t still available though?

For info, it gave me premier sports 1 and 2, box nation and also allowed me to watch it on the tv up the stairs as well. That was through sky. I still agree that I wouldn’t be paying for it every month though.

Thanks

Cant find any sign of one online

MWHIBBIES
12-07-2022, 04:58 PM

Thank **** we kept Doidge.

Unseen work
12-07-2022, 04:59 PM
So frustrating. So no chance of Youan and Tavares being match fit before the season kicks off.

Yeah disappointing they won’t be 100% match fit, these league cup games would have been perfect for them to get fit, used to the style and used to Scottish teams.

Also disappointing when you think the fact rangers and hearts are early in the season, will need all we have against them

CallumLaidlaw
12-07-2022, 05:03 PM
Yeah disappointing they won’t be 100% match fit, these league cup games would have been perfect for them to get fit, used to the style and used to Scottish teams.

Also disappointing when you think the fact rangers and hearts are early in the season, will need all we have against them

Will they be able to play in the Norwich friendly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springbank
12-07-2022, 05:20 PM

I'm not looking to put green tinted specs on too much but, long run, this may be no bad thing.

Reason being, I rate both of them but it gives them time to bed in without being expected to carry the team.

The squad looks pretty good right now, and if we give mcgeady 70 mins then blood tavares for last 20, that's maybe no bad thing all round (in first few games)

chi-bee
12-07-2022, 05:20 PM
Will they be able to play in the Norwich friendly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Considering they played in the earlier friendlies, I can't see why they wouldn't be allowed.

judas
12-07-2022, 05:27 PM
Great way to only have 11 match fit players.

Yeh, because giving everyone a snippet rather than full games is going to solve your problem.

Plenty of opportunities to gain match fitness in development and friendlies.

Play those who perform in the competitive fixtures.

Playing one player one game and not the next and so on is disruptive. Best players first, with prospects to earn a place please.

Squad rotation just a made up expression that’s come about in the last 20 years to suit big clubs like Man Utd.

GloryGlory
12-07-2022, 05:31 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1546909755783856129

MWHIBBIES
12-07-2022, 05:35 PM
Yeh, because giving everyone a snippet rather than full games is going to solve your problem.

Plenty of opportunities to gain match fitness in development and friendlies.

Play those who perform in the competitive fixtures.

Playing one player one game and not the next and so on is disruptive. Best players first, with prospects to earn a place please.

Squad rotation just a made up expression that’s come about in the last 20 years to suit big clubs like Man Utd.

Squad rotation has came about because football is drastically more demanding than the 70s.

I'm not talking about giving others snippets. I'm talking about giving mcgeady, Newell, hauge etc 90 minutes. That will get them fit.

Callum_62
12-07-2022, 05:42 PM

[emoji23][emoji23] Is it aye?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Wilson
12-07-2022, 05:53 PM
Typically we have a strong first eleven but weak options off the bench. We are, and should be, aiming for quality in depth. Quality players don't come here to be benched every week.

Between keeping these players happy and providing a pathway for our youngsters we are going to find squad rotation very important.

Hopefully we get good at it.