PDA

View Full Version : Paint and seagulls

Fuzzywuzzy
09-07-2022, 04:13 PM
After a great first game of the season a wee gripe (not the seagulls)

Ended up with both kids with paint on legs and arms and I got paint on my breeks. Anyone else get this on them?

Thought the amount of seagulls were mental!!! Never seen anything like it!!!

Pagan Hibernia
09-07-2022, 04:27 PM
I like the seagulls. Think they add a certain charm to Easter Road

Mcbizz1998
09-07-2022, 04:30 PM

Tell that to the 2 folk in front of me who got shat on. [emoji23]

They need sorted out.

Joe6-2
09-07-2022, 04:32 PM

They need sorted out.

I hate seagulls

Brummie_Hibs
09-07-2022, 04:40 PM
The club should put up a couple of hawk kites on the roof

BILLYHIBS
09-07-2022, 04:46 PM
Even the loud PA System couldnae scare them away

Oscar T Grouch
09-07-2022, 04:50 PM

Herring and Black backed gulls have no natural predators so they won't help. There are no measures you can take against gulls, like all seabirds in the UK they are protected species. We just have to put up with them, to be fair they have been putting up with worse from us for 1000 years.

On the subject of paint, my mate got paint on his trainers today at the game.

Bridge hibs
09-07-2022, 04:51 PM

They need sorted out.Were they in the ****ting section 🤣

Ive suffered the same fate, brutal 🤬

Hibee Mac
09-07-2022, 04:53 PM
Herring and Black backed gulls have no natural predators so they won't help. There are no measures you can take against gulls, like all seabirds in the UK they are protected species. We just have to put up with them, to be fair they have been putting up with worse from us for 1000 years.

On the subject of paint, my mate got paint on his trainers today at the game.There's must be some way of dealing with them because they're usually dealt with by the start of the season each year

Just Alf
09-07-2022, 04:55 PM
Were they in the ****ting section [emoji1787]

Ive suffered the same fate, brutal [emoji2959]Car was plastered when I got back.. better than the alternative mind!

.... You.just know my wife will have 'plans' for.me tomorrow tho :-/

CropleyWasGod
09-07-2022, 05:53 PM
There's must be some way of dealing with them because they're usually dealt with by the start of the season each year

Nesting season is over by then.

snedzuk
09-07-2022, 07:45 PM

Or a second hand plastic owl.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2022, 07:50 PM
Sure we used to have an eagle or some kind of raptor brought in a couple of time a season to scare the gulls away.

There was definitely a video on social media showing the bird on the premises a while back.

One Day
10-07-2022, 08:33 AM
I hate seagulls

So do I, the sh*t all over my decking

hibbyfraelibby
10-07-2022, 09:06 AM

Thats a new way to spell shahoy...anyways I blame those who buy food from the kiosks.

hibby rae
10-07-2022, 11:07 AM
Sure we used to have an eagle or some kind of raptor brought in a couple of time a season to scare the gulls away.

There was definitely a video on social media showing the bird on the premises a while back.

A Harris Hawk comes. Boyle got very excited when he met it 😂

maturehibby
10-07-2022, 11:52 AM
No danger of paint in the lower West
Seats all grimy and have
Not had a clean in the close season.
Will take a few cloths with me when season stats for my own seat and get rid of the muck

Northernhibee
10-07-2022, 12:00 PM
A Harris Hawk comes. Boyle got very excited when he met it 😂

Chris Mueller was gutted when he found out that it wasn’t here anymore.

Greenbeard
10-07-2022, 12:04 PM
Bird flu is rampant but none of these seagulls were socially distanced.

Keith_M
10-07-2022, 12:09 PM
No danger of paint in the lower West
Seats all grimy and have
Not had a clean in the close season.
Will take a few cloths with me when season stats for my own seat and get rid of the muck

You'd think clubs would get the seats cleaned every close season, but at some stadiums they haven't been cleaned in years, or in the case of Rugby Park, decades.

TiaMaria
10-07-2022, 08:28 PM
You'd think clubs would get the seats cleaned every close season, but at some stadiums they haven't been cleaned in years, or in the case of Rugby Park, decades.

The dust was obviously from the renovations being done in the hospitality suites, but should have been cleaned up.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2022, 08:33 PM
I thought the ground looked quite smart yesterday.

No massive changes but the artificial turf around the pitch has been sorted (the weeds and patchy grass used to make me irrationally annoyed) and the addition of the Hibs badges is a nice touch. The removal of the walls at the FF and away end made a difference as well, place felt bigger. Will look really good when the LED advertising boards go on. Are the light ribbons still happening at some point?

I would quite like to see us continue to Hibs the stadium up a bit. A few banners and mosaics on the ends of the stands and maybe a couple of wall murals inside the concourses as well. Also let's get the stands named. If Falkirk fans can get a stand renamed after Crunchie surely we have the numbers to get a Pat Stanton stand whilst the man himself is still around to 'open' it.

.Sean.
10-07-2022, 08:38 PM
I thought the ground looked quite smart yesterday.

No massive changes but the artificial turf around the pitch has been sorted (the weeds and patchy grass used to make me irrationally annoyed) and the addition of the Hibs badges is a nice touch. The removal of the walls at the FF and away end made a difference as well, place felt bigger. Will look really good when the LED advertising boards go on. Are the light ribbons still happening at some point?

I would quite like to see us continue to Hibs the stadium up a bit. A few banners and mosaics on the ends of the stands and maybe a couple of wall murals inside the concourses as well. Also let's get the stands named. If Falkirk fans can get a stand renamed after Crunchie surely we have the numbers to get a Pat Stanton stand whilst the man himself is still around to 'open' it.
What’s the light ribbon?

GreenCastle
10-07-2022, 08:56 PM
The north end of the East Stand cladding could really do with a jet wash to make it look more white / cleaner.

Noticed the FF stand has advertising over the glass windows / boxes.

Was the big screen at away end not working for full game ?

Stadium definitely looking smarter and credit to the club for improving it. Many clubs in Scotland really need to improve their stadiums / facilities as some seem to do nothing for years.

linlithgowhibbie
10-07-2022, 09:04 PM
The north end of the East Stand cladding could really do with a jet wash to make it look more white / cleaner.

Noticed the FF stand has advertising over the glass windows / boxes.

Was the big screen at away end not working for full game ?

Stadium definitely looking smarter and credit to the club for improving it. Many clubs in Scotland really need to improve their stadiums / facilities as some seem to do nothing for years.

Big screen at the Dunbar end packed in after 25 mins.

stuart-farquhar
11-07-2022, 06:32 AM
Big screen at the Dunbar end packed in after 25 mins.

I was watching on tv. Noticed that. Not a good look.

scoopyboy
11-07-2022, 06:34 AM
Do the seagulls just turn up for the second half?

I never notice them in the first half of games.

stuart-farquhar
11-07-2022, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE=scoopyboy;7018955]Do the seagulls just turn up for the second half?

I never notice them in the first half.

Were a real pest on the tv stream. Worst ever I thought. Their early morning screeching, ****ting everywhere was not missed when I moved from Leith I can tell you. Yes they're protected but not appreciated by most.

Iain G
11-07-2022, 07:44 AM

Just in time for the half time pies...

hibbyfraelibby
11-07-2022, 09:39 AM

Got Season Tickets but queues at the kiosks for food were so long they didn't get served until half time😁

Bostonhibby
11-07-2022, 10:06 AM
Got Season Tickets but queues at the kiosks for food were so long they didn't get served until half time[emoji16]Couldnt they just do what they do at the seaside and wait until the victim turns up at their seat then nick the food?

Queue busting delivery type service?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk