PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine

hibee316
09-07-2022, 05:54 AM
Thinking of sitting in the East today, havent done so in years.

Is there any shade right at the back of the stand or is the whole stand in the sun? Cheers!

Pagan Hibernia
09-07-2022, 06:29 AM
The East can be a brutal place on a hot sunny day. I remember a preseason game against Blackburn a few summers ago where I nearly ended with sunstroke..

I’ve never sat towards the arse end of the stand though, so it may be a bit better there

hibee316
09-07-2022, 06:47 AM
The East can be a brutal place on a hot sunny day. I remember a preseason game against Blackburn a few summers ago where I nearly ended with sunstroke..

I’ve never sat towards the arse end of the stand though, so it may be a bit better there

Thats what im worried about... i burn just thinking about the sun!

S4uzee
09-07-2022, 07:13 AM

Im sure the back rows are in the shade. It’s a sun trap the east but can be uncomfortable if too hot.

What about trying the West stand?

DaveF
09-07-2022, 07:13 AM
You will be able to move around if need be as there were still lots of available seats when I bought mine yesterday.

ano hibby
09-07-2022, 07:20 AM
In the East I sit in row W and depending on exact time of year, we get the sun midway through second half roughly I’d say. If you want to avoid the sun go AA or above I’d think. Be plenty gaps to move to though.

offshorehibby
09-07-2022, 07:51 AM
I'm a 1/3 of the way up in the east and always stick the sun cream on a sunny day. Haha, the misses even reminded me yesterday

seanshow
09-07-2022, 07:53 AM

This may or may not apply to you....

”Son, you look so ginger and pale you'd get skin cancer from a crescent moon” - Frankie Boyle

Allant1981
09-07-2022, 10:26 AM
Thinking of sitting in the East today, havent done so in years.

Is there any shade right at the back of the stand or is the whole stand in the sun? Cheers!

I sit in row W and it can be a nightmare at times with the sun

Billy Whizz
09-07-2022, 10:33 AM
I’d rather sit in a sunny east on a nice day, than be sitting in the shade in the West😀