PDA

View Full Version : LJ Update

GloryGlory
08-07-2022, 04:32 PM
Bojang, Tavares and Youan not available tomorrow because we are still sorting out work permits. Lewis Miller 50:50.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/team-news-update-on-tavares-bojan-and-youan

Vault Boy
08-07-2022, 04:35 PM
That’s a bit of a worry, wonder why the approval process has been so protracted

worcesterhibby
08-07-2022, 04:38 PM
One wonders if Rangers and Celtic would have to wait so long ! Any insiders know where the problem lies ?

JamesHFC
08-07-2022, 04:39 PM

The exceptions panel apparently got made permanent last December, not sure if this has changed since?

https://theathletic.com/news/scottish-clubs-handed-transfer-boost-as-work-permit-exemption-made-permanent/7iiIW8LkiGt8/?amp=1

Bishop Hibee
08-07-2022, 04:43 PM
Brexit must have had an effect. The panel could easily refuse all 3 permits if they felt they were no better than players available in the U.K. for the same transfer costs and wages?

Diclonius
08-07-2022, 04:48 PM

Because we have a government elected on a platform of xenophobia who only speed up visas if the applicants are millionaires.

Heisenberg
08-07-2022, 04:49 PM
Brexit must have had an effect. The panel could easily refuse all 3 permits if they felt they were no better than players available in the U.K. for the same transfer costs and wages?

They could but I don’t think it’s ever happened and probably never will.

ian cruise
08-07-2022, 04:51 PM
They could but I don’t think it’s ever happened and probably never will.

Did it not happen to Jason Scotland and he blame Petrie/Hibs or is the new process UK gov more that Scottish fa?

Ray_
08-07-2022, 04:54 PM
One wonders if Rangers and Celtic would have to wait so long ! Any insiders know where the problem lies ?

They have the cash to sign players more likely to are full internationalists, which makes the process easier.

Since452
08-07-2022, 04:58 PM
That's a bummer. Was looking forward to seeing all the new guys.

hibsforeurope
08-07-2022, 05:14 PM
You would think with the problem getting melkersen sorted, they would have learned something to that. Either how to complete the process more efficiently or to change the market we’re looking in.

Northernhibee
08-07-2022, 05:15 PM
You would think with the problem getting melkersen sorted, they would have learned something to that. Either how to complete the process more efficiently or to change the market we’re looking in.

I’m not convinced this could be portrayed as Hibs fault.

Callum_62
08-07-2022, 05:18 PM
You would think with the problem getting melkersen sorted, they would have learned something to that. Either how to complete the process more efficiently or to change the market we’re looking in.Ones French, ones Gambian and ones Portuguese

How many markets can we work in with no work permits - I think just the UK thanks to Brexit

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

hibsforeurope
08-07-2022, 05:19 PM
I’m not convinced this could be portrayed as Hibs fault.

Hibs,like every other team, know the visa rules of the country. Hibs choose what market they look to sign players from. 1 player is unfortunate but to have potentially 4 missing is very questionable.

oneone73
08-07-2022, 05:20 PM
Wish I could change my prediction now 😞

Allant1981
08-07-2022, 05:21 PM
Hibs,like every other team, know the visa rules of the country. Hibs choose what market they look to sign players from. 1 player is unfortunate but to have potentially 4 missing is very questionable.

Mental that you are blaming hibs for this, this place is getting worse

Northernhibee
08-07-2022, 05:23 PM

It’s Clyde in a glorified pre season friendly FFS.

hibsforeurope
08-07-2022, 05:23 PM
Mental that you are blaming hibs for this, this place is getting worse

Who else is to blame? The immigration rules aren’t new.

hibsforeurope
08-07-2022, 05:25 PM
It’s Clyde in a glorified pre season friendly FFS.

I know it’s ‘only’ clyde but we’re 3 weeks away from the 1st league game and 4 from the derby

JammyDoidger
08-07-2022, 05:25 PM
That's Absoloutely ganting, only reason I made plans to go tomorrow was to see the new boys tbf, would never bother about Clyde in a glorified friendly otherwise. Ohh well time for the Melkersen show.

Since452
08-07-2022, 05:26 PM
I know it’s ‘only’ clyde but we’re 3 weeks away from the 1st league game and 4 from the derby

Yup. Would have liked them to get the minutes in before then.

GloryGlory
08-07-2022, 05:27 PM

Hibs also know the transfer rules and the window didn't open until 10 June. You can't apply for permits until you are in a position to offer employment contracts. you don't just get a blank form and fill in a name later.

Jones28
08-07-2022, 05:27 PM

There’s been other people highlighting the issues on other threads: Ukraine stuff pushing approval dates back to 5-6 weeks.

Wilson
08-07-2022, 05:30 PM

Why blame anyone? We've sourced the players we want from where we want and it takes as long as it takes.

It is all very well saying "find UK based players" but perhaps we wouldn't get a prospect as good as Tavares for the same money.

The club has backed the manager and I'm excited by these signings. We have enough in reserve to beat Clyde.

Lendo
08-07-2022, 05:32 PM
Hibs also know the transfer rules and the window didn't open until 10 June. You can't apply for permits until you are in a position to offer employment contracts. you don't just get a blank form and fill in a name later.

Too many people think real life is like playing Football Manager

Sioux
08-07-2022, 05:39 PM

Too many wouldn't recognise the real world of it jumped up and bit their erse.

pollution
08-07-2022, 06:04 PM
The season hasn't even started and we're moaning already !

NC1875
08-07-2022, 06:05 PM

😂😂😂😂😂

thefalcon08
08-07-2022, 06:09 PM

By that logic we can only sign British players or players from without our price range. Jesus [emoji2357]

hibsforeurope
08-07-2022, 06:14 PM
By that logic we can only sign British players or players from without our price range. Jesus [emoji2357]

Hardly, other teams seems to manage to find players no bother. The continued hunt for bargains in obscure places is causing the issues.

Northernhibee
08-07-2022, 06:24 PM
Hardly, other teams seems to manage to find players no bother. The continued hunt for bargains in obscure places is causing the issues.

If you think this line of argument mates you sound clever or in the know, I’d strongly suggest you stop.

SaulGoodman
08-07-2022, 06:27 PM

Who’s been the bargain then?

Heisenberg
08-07-2022, 06:29 PM

Two of Aberdeen’s main signings are facing the same issue.

hibsforeurope
08-07-2022, 06:31 PM
Who’s been the bargain then?

None of them if they aren’t eligible to play competitively.

Jones28
08-07-2022, 06:35 PM
None of them if they aren’t eligible to play competitively.

Every team faces the same issues ffs, chill out.

basehibby
08-07-2022, 06:46 PM

The Home Office is basically an institution rooted in xenophobia these days so no surprise if they are dragging their heels over importing pesky foreigners of any kind.

GreenGray
08-07-2022, 06:50 PM

To be fair work permits are an issue in football manager too[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsforeurope
08-07-2022, 07:00 PM
Every team faces the same issues ffs, chill out.

That all their main summer signings are ineligible for an unknown length of time? I don’t see the teams above us having that issue.

Paul1642
08-07-2022, 07:09 PM

Well they are kind of new. French and Portuguese players wouldn’t have been an issue a few years ago. Chill out and trust the club. I’d rather sign the right players and wait a few weeks for a work permit than trawl the same old lower Scottish and English leagues for 100% of our signings. Melkerson took time. Now we start the season with a cracking young Norwegian player.

Paul1642
08-07-2022, 07:11 PM
That all their main summer signings are ineligible for an unknown length of time? I don’t see the teams above us having that issue.

As stated already, Rangers and Celtic have the budget to get international players. We don’t. Hearts squad doesn’t require as many new players as we do and Aberdeen have the same issue that we do. Most of the other teams in the league don’t have quite as much attraction or the budget for foreign players as we do. It’s no big deal.

Callum_62
08-07-2022, 07:12 PM
Hibs nver cast there net far and wide enough for players!

Signs players from Portugal, Gambia and Switzerland

What? There's actual paperwork needed to be secured!

Hibs should have known that and signed them ahead of the transfer window opening to allow for the crazy self inflicted work permit rules!

Joke!

Ironic coming from the user name HibsforEurope [emoji23]

MKHIBEE
08-07-2022, 07:22 PM

France and Portugal are obscure places?

hibsforeurope
08-07-2022, 07:23 PM
Hibs nver cast there net far and wide enough for players!

Signs players from Portugal, Gambia and Switzerland

What? There's actual paperwork needed to be secured!

Hibs should have known that and signed them ahead of the transfer window opening to allow for the crazy self inflicted work permit rules!

Joke!

Ironic coming from the user name HibsforEurope [emoji23]

With permits in my line of work they are applied for as soon as the job offer is made and accepted. This is started in May even though the contract doesn’t start until august. It is possible to know the system and get permits arranged if done properly.

Iain G
08-07-2022, 07:24 PM

Obscure places 🤣🤣🤣 maybe we should just stick to Paisley and Kirkcaldy then? Thats a Brexiteer Johnny Foreigner view of the rest of the world...

Is that you Boris? 🤣

Iain G
08-07-2022, 07:25 PM
France and Portugal are obscure places?

Aye those pesky obscure foreign folks 🤣

MKHIBEE
08-07-2022, 07:30 PM
What’s the problem with Marshall, McGeady, McAllister Kenneh and Miller? All eligible to play. Look for another stick to beat the club with.

B.H.F.C
08-07-2022, 07:34 PM
It’s the world we live in post Brexit.

Will have driven the price of players in the domestic market up as well. Don’t really see an issue with it just now. January when you need players in and playing immediately would be a different story.

SaulGoodman
08-07-2022, 07:34 PM
With permits in my line of work they are applied for as soon as the job offer is made and accepted. This is started in May even though the contract doesn’t start until august. It is possible to know the system and get permits arranged if done properly.
You don’t work in football so your whole point is invalid.

How are football clubs supposed to sort out work permits 3 months in advance like you do at your work?

SlickShoes
08-07-2022, 07:38 PM

The far-flung places of Switzerland, France, Portugal.... truly exotic countries that no Scottish man could ever hope to visit.

hibsforeurope
08-07-2022, 07:42 PM
What’s the problem with Marshall, McGeady, McAllister Kenneh and Miller? All eligible to play. Look for another stick to beat the club with.

I’d forgotten about Marshall, McGeady and kenneh in fairness but Miller is still not cleared to play. Mcallister is 16, unlikely to be a main 1st teamer.

Iain G
08-07-2022, 08:01 PM
I’d forgotten about Marshall, McGeady and kenneh in fairness but Miller is still not cleared to play. Mcallister is 16, unlikely to be a main 1st teamer.

Maybe he needs the paperwork and a visa to come from far flung Bristol...

Callum_62
08-07-2022, 08:04 PM
With permits in my line of work they are applied for as soon as the job offer is made and accepted. This is started in May even though the contract doesn’t start until august. It is possible to know the system and get permits arranged if done properly.Please let me know the timeline for the players hibs signed and when documentation was submitted for there relevant work permit

Thanks.

ChicoM1875
08-07-2022, 08:14 PM

Hibs for Europe!!!!!

Hibernian Verse
08-07-2022, 08:15 PM
Mental how impatient some people are. Sign of the times.

Yea it’s disappointing they won’t play tomorrow and potentially Tuesday but relax and take some time off moaning.

McD
08-07-2022, 09:10 PM

forgotten, or just inconvenient for having yet another go at the club?!

Never seen a positive post from you, good entertainment at your attempts though

cameronw-hfc
08-07-2022, 09:16 PM
Work permits can be difficult for anyone to get. If you've got the right docs sometimes it still takes weeks, some of the docs I imagine they might not have readily available so rely on getting them on request.

We will get them in, it just takes a big longer for work permits. Not worried at all.

JimBHibees
08-07-2022, 10:15 PM
Hibs for Europe!!!!!

Ultimate in irony :greengrin

green day
09-07-2022, 11:48 AM

Happens to all clubs.

Aberdeen announced Christian Ramirez in late May 2021 and got his permit in mid July that year.

Moulin Yarns
09-07-2022, 12:37 PM

So you would rather hibs look for players in the goldfish bowl rather than the ocean? 🙄

SlickShoes
09-07-2022, 12:38 PM
It’s crazy to me having lived and worked in other countries that people who haven’t done it just assume it’s as easy as booking a flight and going to work when your boss tells you. There are often multitudes of hoops to jump through even when your employer is doing the bulk of the work, background checks and stuff from all countries you have lived in which some countries are just brutally slow in delivering and nothing you can do can speed these processes along.

SteveHFC
09-07-2022, 12:45 PM
Bojang, Tavares and Youan not available tomorrow because we are still sorting out work permits. Lewis Miller 50:50.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/team-news-update-on-tavares-bojan-and-youan

Miller on the bench.

Diclonius
11-07-2022, 12:30 PM
What's the latest on these three?

Tha Cabbage Kid
11-07-2022, 03:32 PM
What's the latest on these three?Surely they are ready now???
How long does this stuff take to sort out?

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

cameronw-hfc
11-07-2022, 03:34 PM
Surely they are ready now???
How long does this stuff take to sort out?

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Can take weeks depending on what docs are needed and what they already have

JimBHibees
11-07-2022, 04:18 PM
What's the latest on these three?

Can't imagine anything will have changed in the last couple of days. Did Melkersen not take a month?

HNA2
11-07-2022, 09:20 PM
Lets keep the thread on track and not discuss who did or didnt vote for brexit on this one please. Theres plenty threads for that in the holy ground

Manxhibs
11-07-2022, 09:32 PM
Apologies if I’ve missed it but did Johnson give an update on; Youan, Tavares and Bojang?

Manxhibs
11-07-2022, 09:46 PM
Apologies if I’ve missed it but did Johnson give an update on; Youan, Tavares and Bojang?

11-07-2022, 09:51 PM

This post makes your complaints aimed at the club sound even more ridiculous. You know that your work starts the process c.3months ahead of contracts starting yet you're blaming Hibs for not having the permits sorted yet for players who have only just signed 3, 4 and 5 weeks ago.

Are you really daft enough to think Hibs don't apply for the permits right away like your work does? Your work obviously arranges contracts to start around 3 months after the job offers are made and accepted because they know the length of time it takes to gets the permits through. Hibs don't have that luxury, they need the players to start as soon as possible. Imagine how much complaining on social media there would be if, after a player was signed, they said the contracts won't be starting for 3 months to allow enough time for the permits to come through.

Ronniekirk
11-07-2022, 09:52 PM

No update still waiting on paperwork being cleared

hibsforeurope
12-07-2022, 08:19 AM
This post makes your complaints aimed at the club sound even more ridiculous. You know that your work starts the process c.3months ahead of contracts starting yet you're blaming Hibs for not having the permits sorted yet for players who have only just signed 3, 4 and 5 weeks ago.

Are you really daft enough to think Hibs don't apply for the permits right away like your work does? Your work obviously arranges contracts to start around 3 months after the job offers are made and accepted because they know the length of time it takes to gets the permits through. Hibs don't have that luxury, they need the players to start as soon as possible. Imagine how much complaining on social media there would be if, after a player was signed, they said the contracts won't be starting for 3 months to allow enough time for the permits to come through.

My argument is that they know the rules and to have so many players, with low Visa eligibility points, relying on the allocation of a Visa that takes on average 6 weeks is not great planning.

GreenCastle
12-07-2022, 08:20 AM
Noticed in the latest media clip Hibs posted LJ was saying grass was too long at ER. Looked long when watching and slowed Hibs passing down at times on Saturday.

SlickShoes
12-07-2022, 08:25 AM
My argument is that they know the rules and to have so many players, with low Visa eligibility points, relying on the allocation of a Visa that takes on average 6 weeks is not great planning.

Well due to Brexit that criteria is any player not currently playing in Scotland, England or NI. I'd rather we wait a few weeks for a visa than not bother shopping in a market that contains about 99% of the footballers on earth.

"So many players" - currently 3.

CapitalGreen
12-07-2022, 08:39 AM

Where are you getting your information that it takes on average 6 weeks from?

hibsforeurope
12-07-2022, 08:44 AM
Where are you getting your information that it takes on average 6 weeks from?

From the Gov website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decision-waiting-times-applications-outside-the-uk#:~:text=visa%20application%20centre.-,Work%20or%20invest%20in%20the%20UK,'work%20and%20 invest'%20routes.

H18 SFR
12-07-2022, 08:44 AM
Noticed in the latest media clip Hibs posted LJ was saying grass was too long at ER. Looked long when watching and slowed Hibs passing down at times on Saturday.

I thought exactly the same at the time, it would have been made worse by the fact it was so hot and moisture on the grass would have been really low as well.

Aldo
12-07-2022, 09:12 AM
I cannot believe the club are being criticised for scouring/scouting other countries/leagues for players.

Damned if they do damned if they don’t!

Wilson
12-07-2022, 10:29 AM
I cannot believe the club are being criticised for scouring/scouting other countries/leagues for players.

Damned if they do damned if they don’t!

Not being roundly criticised. Seems to be one poster talking rot because players were not available to play league cup group games.

I'm failing to see any merit to his moans because building for success takes time and our sights, and their contracts, extend far beyond the league cup group stage.

The very idea that we shouldn't sign quality from abroad lest we have the permits in order for the Clyde game is laughable.

Aldo
12-07-2022, 10:33 AM
Not being roundly criticised. Seems to be one poster talking rot because players were not available to play league cup group games.

I'm failing to see any merit to his moans because building for success takes time and our sights, and their contracts, extend far beyond the league cup group stage.

The very idea that we shouldn't sign quality from abroad lest we have the permits in order for the Clyde game is laughable.

Spot on!

It’s about finding the right player with the right qualities that will fit into the team and the system and within our budget.

If it means waiting a few weeks for the right player then so be it!

overdrive
12-07-2022, 12:28 PM
Youan posted a pic of him on his Instagram story in the changing room with the tagline “finally back”. Wonder if that alludes to him getting his work permit?

CapitalGreen
12-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Youan posted a pic of him on his Instagram story in the changing room with the tagline “finally back”. Wonder if that alludes to him getting his work permit?

I’m not sure it will necessarily relate to his WP but hopefully won’t be long. He signed his deal and then flew immediately to Portugal for the training camp. He’s probably had some time back in Switzerland/France to sort his things for moving here. I know Tavares was given time to return to Portugal after signing to do the same before returning for the training camp.

WhileTheChief..
12-07-2022, 01:12 PM
It’s a fair point about wanting to see the new players and having them get some game time before the season starts.

Bit of a pile on from you all for such a harmless thought that he posted. He wasn’t exactly ripping the club or anyone to sheds.

JimBHibees
12-07-2022, 01:36 PM

So we limit ourselves to uk based players in a more expensive market. Great strategy that is. If we have to wait a few extra weeks we do and hope the wait is worth it.

HendoDelivered
12-07-2022, 01:58 PM
I’m getting Lennon first season back in the Premiership vibes for some reason (a good thing).

H18 SFR
12-07-2022, 02:02 PM
I’m getting Lennon first season back in the Premiership vibes for some reason (a good thing).

Same.

green day
12-07-2022, 02:34 PM

Nah, he's been waiting in the self serve line at Lidl.

alihibs1
12-07-2022, 02:42 PM
Youan on his Instagram at HTC with the caption ‘Finally back’ reckon his permit has come through then?

Hibernian Verse
12-07-2022, 02:57 PM
Youan on his Instagram at HTC with the caption ‘Finally back’ reckon his permit has come through then?

Think you'll know in about 3 hours time when the team lines are announced.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2022, 03:10 PM
I remember being so excited when Refvic and Matheseon signed, only for that to be squashed by the authorities.

Now some folk wont allow themselves to get excited at all.

Mick O'Rourke
12-07-2022, 03:25 PM
I remember being so excited when Refvic and Matheseon signed, only for that to be squashed by the authorities.

Now some folk wont allow themselves to get excited at all.

Yes BH
There was great anticipation on The Vikings arriving.
Another example of Hibernian foresight in the game.
And yes "red tape" thwarted what could have been something special.

Your mention of them led me to find this thread on Isaak and Sven
Those that could not pronounce the names would say Wee Viking and Big Viking !!

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?215994-2-norwegians&p=2891681

Tambo
12-07-2022, 04:16 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-work-permit-stance-on-new-signings-as-club-planning-for-likely-outcome-3765218

Update on the work permits, hopefully Bojang can travel to Edinburgh this week and the club are hopeful that all 3 will be ready for the league opener.

Dalianwanda
12-07-2022, 04:20 PM

absolute pish

Actually sorry i was out of order….but here’s some questions.

What other teams are you referencing?
Are you saying we should only look local?
Who are you thinking of when your say we’re hunting for bargains?
What makes a country obscure?

Bad Habits
12-07-2022, 04:28 PM

I got the impression from that he was taking the mick. I think it came out recently that Ten Haag was unhappy at having been told he was unable to have super short grass in Manchester due to the climate.

Since452
12-07-2022, 06:05 PM
I got the impression from that he was taking the mick. I think it came out recently that Ten Haag was unhappy at having been told he was unable to have super short grass in Manchester due to the climate.

I took it as him having a laugh also.

Since452
12-07-2022, 06:09 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-work-permit-stance-on-new-signings-as-club-planning-for-likely-outcome-3765218

Update on the work permits, hopefully Bojang can travel to Edinburgh this week and the club are hopeful that all 3 will be ready for the league opener.

Can they train without a work permit? Sure I remember Melkersen training while he was waiting.

Iain G
12-07-2022, 06:10 PM

My god the evening news website is almost impossible to read! What a mess!