PDA

View Full Version : Boardroom changes

Bobby Moore
07-07-2022, 07:13 PM
Someone on the “Pie & Bovril” site has posted that Brian Houston has left the Board and the Stephen Dunn has been reappointed.

I Don’t know anything about Brian but Stephen is A top guy and a great Hibee, I was really disappointed when he left initially.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

banchoryhibs
07-07-2022, 07:18 PM
The Evening News is running with the story https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boardroom-change-as-long-serving-director-steps-down-and-familiar-face-returns-3760256

CapitalGreen
07-07-2022, 07:18 PM
Someone on the “Pie & Bovril” site has posted that Brian Houston has left the Board and the Stephen Dunn has been reappointed.

I Don’t know anything about Brian but Stephen is A top guy and a great Hibee, I was really disappointed when he left initially.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boardroom-change-as-long-serving-director-steps-down-and-familiar-face-returns-3760256

CropleyWasGod
07-07-2022, 07:20 PM

They probably picked it up from Companies House, who had it on their website on Tuesday.

NYHibby
01-08-2022, 05:36 PM
Nothing against Dunn personally, but if Houston is rotating off the board for the stated reason of good corporate governance having been a director for 11 years, surely how long his replacement has been on the board would have been on someone’s mind.

Could we really not find someone who is qualified and hasn’t spent 14 years on the board? I often defend the board on here, but appointing someone a NED who has already served more than 9 years is a pretty poor showing. It’s questionable judgment on Dunn’s part to accept the role. It’s not like Ron controls 95% of the club like in the STF days. We have a sizeable amount of minority shareholders, and the club should respect them by taking corporate governance a little more serious by appointing someone who qualifies as an independent NED.

Bruce should also retire from the board at the next AGM. While I liked the guy the little he would speak at AGMs, 15 years on the board is too long. We can find someone else who has been a top executive at an English club if that is the experience the board wants.

Bridge hibs
01-08-2022, 06:39 PM
Seriously need my eyes tested, I keep reading Bedroom changes 👀

pollution
01-08-2022, 08:05 PM
Nothing against Dunn personally, but if Houston is rotating off the board for the stated reason of good corporate governance having been a director for 11 years, surely how long his replacement has been on the board would have been on someone’s mind.

Could we really not find someone who is qualified and hasn’t spent 14 years on the board? I often defend the board on here, but appointing someone a NED who has already served more than 9 years is a pretty poor showing. It’s questionable judgment on Dunn’s part to accept the role. It’s not like Ron controls 95% of the club like in the STF days. We have a sizeable amount of minority shareholders, and the club should respect them by taking corporate governance a little more serious by appointing someone who qualifies as an independent NED.

Bruce should also retire from the board at the next AGM. While I liked the guy the little he would speak at AGMs, 15 years on the board is too long. We can find someone else who has been a top executive at an English club if that is the experience the board wants.

Re Bruce Langham: two English clubs; Fulham and Aston Villa.