PDA

View Full Version : Crunchie

Tambo
23-06-2022, 06:39 PM
On Friday night, a lasting tribute will be paid to Kevin McAllister at Falkirk.

A fan-led campaign to rename one of the stands at the Bairns’ ground will come to pass, opened and dedicated to the little winger before the team’s first pre-season friendly of the summer against Kilmarnock.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/kevin-mcallister-falkirk-hibs-and-chelsea-winger-to-get-fitting-tribute-in-match-for-crunchie-3742913

I did love watching him as a kid so maybe didn't appreciate his talent as much as some would of.

Weir07
23-06-2022, 06:46 PM
A fan-led campaign to rename one of the stands at the Bairns’ ground will come to pass, opened and dedicated to the little winger before the team’s first pre-season friendly of the summer against Kilmarnock.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/kevin-mcallister-falkirk-hibs-and-chelsea-winger-to-get-fitting-tribute-in-match-for-crunchie-3742913

I did love watching him as a kid so maybe didn't appreciate his talent as much as some would of.

He was a joy to watch, my username gives away my favourite Hibs winger but McAllister and O'Neil come pretty close. The Miller era overall wasn't the best but in Wright, Jackson, McAllister and O'Neil, he brought together 4 fantastic players in one team

Pretty Boy
23-06-2022, 06:49 PM
I was a bit surprised this wasn't pushed back to be done the day we played them in the League Cup. Sure a lot of Hibs fans would have been keen to show a bit recognition for his contribution here as well.

TRC
23-06-2022, 07:10 PM
Absolutely fantastic player, who brightened many games at Easter Road

Eyrie
23-06-2022, 07:13 PM
A very good player for us, but he never hid his love for Falkirk so it's a nice tribute by his own club.

CraigHibee
23-06-2022, 07:35 PM
cracking player for us, loved crunchie

hibeg
23-06-2022, 07:39 PM
Absolutely fantastic player, who brightened many games at Easter Road

This. 👍

green with envy
23-06-2022, 07:39 PM
I was a bit surprised this wasn't pushed back to be done the day we played them in the League Cup. Sure a lot of Hibs fans would have been keen to show a bit recognition for his contribution here as well.

Especially after we played them for his testimonial game.

McSwanky
23-06-2022, 09:06 PM
Nothing but love and respect for the wee man.

JimBHibees
23-06-2022, 09:12 PM
Great wee player huge talent and heart

Baader
23-06-2022, 10:29 PM
Brilliant player. A joy to watch. Him on one flank, O' Neill on the other with Jackson and Wright really was some forward line.

basehibby
24-06-2022, 01:55 AM
Crunchie was brilliant - great gesture from the Bairns fans - glad he's being recoggnised like that by his home town club

Auckland Hibs
24-06-2022, 02:51 AM
Absolutely loved the wee man during his time at ER, nothing but respect for him 👏

HoboHarry
24-06-2022, 04:01 AM
Loved the wee guy when he played for us and he cemented that when he deliberately booted the ball behind the goal during a warm up at Brockville and wished us well after we had sealed promotion. Rest of the ground had no clue why we Hibees were to a man applauding him...

Stevie Reid
24-06-2022, 06:33 AM
Fantastic player, so exciting to watch. First few weeks after he signed he seemed to skin his man every single time he attacked him.

Terrible business from Duffy letting him go, even more so given the players he brought in instead. Had a good few years at Falkirk after he left us.

ACLeith
24-06-2022, 06:44 AM
Best player never to be capped by Scotland

ACLeith
24-06-2022, 06:48 AM
I was speaking to a Falkirk fan on Tuesday and he mentioned this, I think he played a role in getting this done. I said if you get the chance to speak to him, remind him that Hibs fans have always had total respect for him. He replied that he knows that.

bod
24-06-2022, 07:02 AM

Or play Chelsea pre season

oneone73
24-06-2022, 07:44 AM
Best player never to be capped by Scotland

Think Alex Edwards may have a thing or two to say about that.

xyz23jc
24-06-2022, 10:04 AM

:agree::top marks

JimBHibees
24-06-2022, 10:23 AM

Absolutely :aok:

mixumatosis
24-06-2022, 10:56 AM
Especially after we played them for his testimonial game.

That was a brilliant night. Ally McCoist getting pelters for bonking Patsy Kensit and laughing at himself has always made me like him more than i am comfortable liking a Rangers player.

Since452
24-06-2022, 11:36 AM
A huge childhood favourite. I remember being in Camelon Juniors ground as a youngster when my dad was doing some electrical work and it was like a shrine to him. Chelsea, Falkirk and Hibs tops framed etc.

ACLeith
24-06-2022, 07:20 PM

OK, one of the 2 best players never to get a cap!!

bringbackbenny
24-06-2022, 08:30 PM
Highlights of the Semi Final when he tormented Hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2fOzH66OI4&t=6s

Crunchie
25-06-2022, 02:25 PM

Great player and gave his all when he was here. One of those rare players who could get bums of seats.

HibbyAndy
25-06-2022, 03:41 PM
Highlights of the Semi Final when he tormented Hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2fOzH66OI4&t=6s

Gary Naysmith was ripped to shreds and said Crunchie was the hardest player he has ever came up against !

He was outstanding for us :top marks

The Wireless
25-06-2022, 03:45 PM
Well done Falkirk for honouring one of their favourite sons in McAllister by naming a stand after him. Time for Hibs now to do the same and stop dragging their heels regarding our Living Legend Patrick Stanton. Get it done Hibs as this is long overdue. 🇳🇬

ekhibee
25-06-2022, 05:36 PM
Fantastic player, so exciting to watch. First few weeks after he signed he seemed to skin his man every single time he attacked him.

Terrible business from Duffy letting him go, even more so given the players he brought in instead. Had a good few years at Falkirk after he left us.

I wasn't sure that Duffy brought any players in, I know he spent ages trying to get some Bosnian guy which didn't happen.

Stevie Reid
25-06-2022, 05:41 PM
I wasn't sure that Duffy brought any players in, I know he spent ages trying to get some Bosnian guy which didn't happen.

Duffy spent a fair amount of cash on some very poor players. Think McQuilken, Elliot, Tosh and Power were about £100K each.

DavieRoy
26-06-2022, 09:05 PM

The original plan was to play Hibernian and they had spoken to Graeme Mathie and Jack Ross last season then everything changed and we couldn’t commit. So the Falkirk guys went for Kilmarnock because of the 1997 Scottish Cup Final.

green with envy
26-06-2022, 09:10 PM
That was a brilliant night. Ally McCoist getting pelters for bonking Patsy Kensit and laughing at himself has always made me like him more than i am comfortable liking a Rangers player.

I remember is absolutely pissing down.Probably the wettest game I've ever been to and that includes away to Cowdenbeath and Alloa.