PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Prices reduced

Jones28
23-06-2022, 11:59 AM
Matchday Ticket Prices Frozen For Next Season - Hibernian FC (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/matchday-ticket-prices-frozen-for-next-season)

Sensible move from Hibs, well done.

Ringothedog
23-06-2022, 12:12 PM
There will still be some who want them reduced by more and then moan at our lack of signings because we have no more money

McSwanky
23-06-2022, 12:15 PM
There will still be some who want them reduced by more and then moan at our lack of signings because we have no more moneyThere definitely will after that post! How about cutting back the whataboutery posts on both sides of that particular debate?

Anyway, this sounds like good news for walk up fans - well done Hibs!

davhibby
23-06-2022, 12:19 PM
There will still be some who want them reduced by more and then moan at our lack of signings because we have no more money

They should be cutting the prices though, they’re at least £3/4 too high. It’s not just a Hibs issue and most clubs seem to have put the prices up quite a bit in the last year

Jones28
23-06-2022, 12:21 PM
They should be cutting the prices though, they’re at least £3/4 too high. It’s not just a Hibs issue and most clubs seem to have put the prices up quite a bit in the last year

They have.

King Cosell
23-06-2022, 12:36 PM

With inflation at around 9%, expected to peak at 11%, the frozen prices are a real terms cut.

Hibbyradge
23-06-2022, 12:43 PM

It might be a bit of an old fashioned thing to do, but I find that I usually learn more about the subject matter if I read the actual article, not just the headline.

Ringothedog
23-06-2022, 12:44 PM

Hibs have not increased prices, they are either frozen or reduced. This is a sign that the club are listening to supporters concerns and should be applauded.

eastterrace
23-06-2022, 12:46 PM
With inflation at around 9%, expected to peak at 11%, the frozen prices are a real terms cut.
Are you a politician asking for a friend 😀

Stairway 2 7
23-06-2022, 01:01 PM
Are you a politician asking for a friend 😀

Just stating facts. Every cost hibs have will have increased due to inflation. Good move hibs reducing and freezing. I'm sure the multiple jambos on here will still post that it's terrible

The Modfather
23-06-2022, 01:02 PM

How much have ticket prices increased, across the board, over and above inflation from 20 or 30 years ago?

A move in the right direction. Still poor value for money IMO but not a problem unique to Hibs.

Since90+2
23-06-2022, 01:05 PM
I think it's a good gesture by the club, although I suspect it will have minimal impact on actual sales.

Sir David Gray
23-06-2022, 01:11 PM
I think it's a case of last season's category B games being moved into category C and Aberdeen and Dundee Utd matches being subsequently reduced whilst all other matches remain the same as last season.

As a season ticket holder it's good that the season ticket will retain good value for money although it probably won't encourage too many more walk ups.

It's like anything else though, if the product on the park is decent then we'll see people coming along in bigger numbers.

If we end up in the top six along with Celtic, Rangers and Hearts a walk up fan going to every game in a gold section will pay £574 as opposed to £420 for a season ticket holder so a season ticket holder would need to miss about 5 games before they would be worse off than a walk up who goes every week.

Glad to see the club take on board the feedback they must have got though as the Aberdeen and Dundee Utd prices were pretty ridiculous last season.

Stairway 2 7
23-06-2022, 01:17 PM
How much have ticket prices increased, across the board, over and above inflation from 20 or 30 years ago?

A move in the right direction. Still poor value for money IMO but not a problem unique to Hibs.

Can get a ticket now for cat a 31 and cat b 24, 12 for a youth ,10 for a child now.

If it matched inflation they would be bellow, I'm not sure what price they actually were

In 2002 adult cat a 20 and cat b 16. 8 for a youth and 7 for a child

In 1992 adult cat a 17 cat b 13. 6.50 for a youth and 5 for a child

Ringothedog
23-06-2022, 01:30 PM
Can get a ticket now for cat a 31 and cat b 24, 12 for a youth ,10 for a child now.

If it matched inflation they would be bellow, I'm not sure what price they actually were

In 2002 adult cat a 20 and cat b 16. 8 for a youth and 7 for a child

In 1992 adult cat a 17 cat b 13. 6.50 for a youth and 5 for a child

On average they have gone up by 50% in 20 years, not that bad to be honest. That’s 55p a year for a CAT A ticket.

Pretty Boy
23-06-2022, 01:38 PM
Good move by Hibs, more work to be done across the board but we can only control what we can at the moment and this is a step in the right direction.

It's an issue across all sports. I read repeated complaints on social media and beyond about the price to gain entry to horse racing and then the rip off prices once inside. Many of the same points we see on here, from both sides of the debate, just transplanted to a different sport.

I don't think clubs have a choice but to be a bit creative with prices and ticketing in the short to medium term to get people through the door. Rampant inflation and stagnating wages means family trips to the football are an unaffordable luxury for many.

Jones28
23-06-2022, 02:03 PM
Good move by Hibs, more work to be done across the board but we can only control what we can at the moment and this is a step in the right direction.

It's an issue across all sports. I read repeated complaints on social media and beyond about the price to gain entry to horse racing and then the rip off prices once inside. Many of the same points we see on here, from both sides of the debate, just transplanted to a different sport.

I don't think clubs have a choice but to be a bit creative with prices and ticketing in the short to medium term to get people through the door. Rampant inflation and stagnating wages means family trips to the football are an unaffordable luxury for many.

It’s the same with rugby. A cousin of mine goes to see Gloucester and regular pays £40 just to get in.

Hibernia&Alba
23-06-2022, 02:03 PM
I think it's a good gesture by the club, although I suspect it will have minimal impact on actual sales.

Possibly not, given the cost of living crisis. So many people are struggling that luxuries like football matches have to be sacrificed. That's just the reality we are living in. It's good to see the club is sensitive to this, and are trying to ease the pain for fans.

Eyrie
23-06-2022, 06:18 PM
My season ticket in row H of the old North Stand was £235 for 98/99.

A similar seat for the coming season cost me £385.

RPI was 163.5 in May 98 and 337.1 in May 22, so if that ticket had matched inflation it would cost £484 today.

Stairway 2 7
23-06-2022, 06:28 PM

RPI was 163.5 in May 98 and 337.1 in May 22, so if that ticket had matched inflation it would cost £484 today.

Yep tickets are cheaper now than they were at any point in the last 30 years, going by inflation. Obviously other parameters though

Billy Whizz
23-06-2022, 06:35 PM

That’s a good comparison, thanks
Thought we’d have been in the new North in 98/99 though

Eyrie
23-06-2022, 07:06 PM

I was always in the old North until life got in the way and I stopped going which may have been 98/99 or possibly 00/01. Took fifteen years before I started again, and another couple of years after that to get a season ticket.

Checked and the West was 2001.

Just_Jimmy
23-06-2022, 09:26 PM
It’s the same with rugby. A cousin of mine goes to see Gloucester and regular pays £40 just to get in.Yup, Sale are £35 for a cheap ticket most games and don't even mention Scotland games.

Rugby is probably less value than football although you can drink in the ground.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Jones28
24-06-2022, 10:54 AM
Yup, Sale are £35 for a cheap ticket most games and don't even mention Scotland games.

Rugby is probably less value than football although you can drink in the ground.

It's a good day out, but a 6 nations game is easily £120 + day out with food, drink and travel. £80 for a ticket as well.

Just_Jimmy
24-06-2022, 11:40 AM
It's a good day out, but a 6 nations game is easily £120 + day out with food, drink and travel. £80 for a ticket as well.Yup I know. I love Scotland games and I enjoy watching Sale on a Friday night down here, but it's quickly becoming far too expensive.

NAE NOOKIE
24-06-2022, 11:53 AM
It's a good day out, but a 6 nations game is easily £120 + day out with food, drink and travel. £80 for a ticket as well.

My mate told me that last year and I genuinely thought he was joking .... folk should never complain about the cost of semi final or final tickets ever again.

HH81
24-06-2022, 12:03 PM
Yup I know. I love Scotland games and I enjoy watching Sale on a Friday night down here, but it's quickly becoming far too expensive.

Go to the rugby league. Much better and more affordable.

HH81
24-06-2022, 12:05 PM
My mate told me that last year and I genuinely thought he was joking .... folk should never complain about the cost of semi final or final tickets ever again.

Scottish Cup semi and final tickets are amazing value compared with cup final prices in England.

I never get why so many people moan about the cost.

Sioux
24-06-2022, 01:34 PM
Scottish Cup semi and final tickets are amazing value compared with cup final prices in England.

Because that's the default position for too many folks.

The Spaceman
24-06-2022, 01:53 PM

A failure to grasp as simple a concept as inflation, unfortunately. Albeit right now should be an edcuation for most which might have the very, very small silver lining of explaining ticket price rises in the future to them!

HH81
24-06-2022, 02:05 PM
A failure to grasp as simple a concept as inflation, unfortunately. Albeit right now should be an edcuation for most which might have the very, very small silver lining of explaining ticket price rises in the future to them!

Hibs ticket prices were too high last season and they have address the cat B this.

Just to put it in prospective, I paid around 60 odd quid for championship play off final which were average seats at Wembley and 70 quid for challenge cup final (rugby league) at spurs.

Hampden tickets are amazing value.

jacomo
24-06-2022, 02:48 PM

The clubs costs will have rocketed over the past year.

Freezing prices means our club is taking a big hit on income. This is scant consolation for fans finding it hard to make ends meet at the moment, for sure, but it’s true.

davhibby
24-06-2022, 06:35 PM
It might be a bit of an old fashioned thing to do, but I find that I usually learn more about the subject matter if I read the actual article, not just the headline.

I did read the article. The prices haven’t really changed. As I said in my original post though most clubs are charging prices which are too high.

£35 for a Hibs game is too much.

Just_Jimmy
24-06-2022, 10:10 PM
Go to the rugby league. Much better and more affordable.All my mates like it but just can't get into it.

LaMotta
25-06-2022, 07:42 AM

The old North Stand was the North section of the old Main Stand. South stand, centre stand and North stand I think?