PDA

View Full Version : Harry Clarke Recalled

Percy Vere
17-06-2022, 05:04 PM
Reading that Clarke has been recalled by Arsenal.
Real pity as he for me was a stand out in the few games we got to see him. Quality player with great attitude.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-blow-as-arsenal-trigger-harry-clarke-clause-leaving-easter-road-side-to-source-replacement-3736269

H18 SFR
17-06-2022, 05:14 PM
At least it’s happened now and not the week or so before the transfer deadline.

JohnM1875
17-06-2022, 05:19 PM
At least it’s happened now and not the week or so before the transfer deadline.

Definitely. Think Clarke looked good but realistically he was never going to end up our player. At least now we can focus on bringing our own man in. Especially if we were looking to play Clarke I'm central defence. Don't think that highlights his best attributes at all.

Percy Vere
17-06-2022, 05:21 PM
Definitely. Think Clarke looked good but realistically he was never going to end up our player. At least now we can focus on bringing our own man in. Especially if we were looking to play Clarke I'm central defence. Don't think that highlights his best attributes at all.

Absolutely right. He offers a lot going forward.
I reckon he will be a top player in the Championship if that’s where he’s headed.

HoboHarry
17-06-2022, 05:21 PM
Part of me wonders if they were watching how bad we were last season and decided to get him the hell out.....

Percy Vere
17-06-2022, 05:23 PM
Part of me wonders if they were watching how bad we were last season and decided to get him the hell out.....

Haha 😂 You could be right, even though he was coming back from injury he stuck out like a sore thumb. Ah well

Sir David Gray
17-06-2022, 05:31 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/harry-clarke-recalled-by-arsenal

Sir David Gray
17-06-2022, 05:53 PM
Updated squad list after today's news;

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Cadden
Stevenson
Bushiri
Miller
Delferriere
MacIntyre
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Blaney
Aiken
Hamilton
Kenneh
Mackay
Tavares

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen
Bojang
O'Connor

Squad of 34 as things stand.

Eyrie
17-06-2022, 06:34 PM

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Cadden
Stevenson
Bushiri
Miller
Delferriere
MacIntyre
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Blaney
Aiken
Hamilton
Kenneh
Mackay
Tavares

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen
Bojang
O'Connor

34 looks a lot, but probably 9-10 are actually development squad.

17-06-2022, 06:35 PM

According to the DR, Michael O'Neill wants to take him at Stoke. He supposedly was watching him at ER, which isn't so unlikely given he lives in Edinburgh.

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2022, 06:40 PM
All part of the football food chain and Hibs are pretty low down in the chain by comparison with many English clubs.
He looked alright but was never our player.

Callum_62
17-06-2022, 06:45 PM
According to the DR, Michael O'Neill wants to take him at Stoke. He supposedly was watching him at ER, which isn't so unlikely given he lives in Edinburgh.Yep, Im. Sure MoN left right after Clarke was substituted in one game at ER

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

sorrow sorrow
17-06-2022, 06:45 PM
He was one of the very few positives from last season even in the few games he played,pretty gutted he won’t be here next season

IberianHibernian
17-06-2022, 06:56 PM
A pity he`s not staying though it probably hasn`t come as a great surprise to the club . If he hadn`t got injured just after joining us we`d probably be looking forward to qualifying rounds of Conference League instead of League Cup .

Lago
17-06-2022, 07:08 PM
Real pity as he for me was a stand out in the few games we got to see him. Quality player with great attitude.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-blow-as-arsenal-trigger-harry-clarke-clause-leaving-easter-road-side-to-source-replacement-3736269
Never believed he would be at Hibs after summer.

Sioux
17-06-2022, 07:49 PM

Who told you those are all members of the first team squad?

Jdawg
17-06-2022, 07:58 PM
As soon as we signed Miller it was clear that Clarke was away. No chance we were going with Clarke, Miller and Cadden at RB for next season.

Sir David Gray
17-06-2022, 08:00 PM
Who told you those are all members of the first team squad?

They're all players who either played for the first team last season or who have signed for us as a first team player.

jacomo
17-06-2022, 08:03 PM

It’s a shame for us because he looks decent but always a possibility. This does explain the Miller transfer though - I assume we signed a new right back because we saw this coming.

I do worry that our loanees last season did not have a positive experience. This isn’t necessarily our fault in every case, but we want to bolster our reputation as a good club for young players to come and improve.

random sub
17-06-2022, 08:33 PM
Shame for sure. Thought we might get a season from him- just what we need now….fast, skilled, committed and 100% wanting to win

The Spaceman
17-06-2022, 08:45 PM
A good player and will be interested to see how he develops. Was never convinced we were anything other than another stepping stone for him (particularly with the odd x3 break options in his loan and how he left County to join us). We move on and will have better players come and go!

RIP
17-06-2022, 09:55 PM
Arsenal looked at County and Hibs and thought we would be a step up on the Staggies. Probably didn’t factor in the possibility that they would prove otherwise

NAE NOOKIE
17-06-2022, 10:16 PM
He looked a decent player, but I can't say I saw enough of him to be bereft that he's left the club. We move on and so far as I'm concerned I'll have forgotten him by next week.

tonyrougier123
18-06-2022, 02:12 AM
Was always on the cards this scenario.shame we couldn’t negotiate a better deal to keep him for the coming season or at least until January window aw well.
Door back open for Paul mcginn to be retained.

One Day
18-06-2022, 06:56 AM
It is a same but was always a possibility

Highwayman
18-06-2022, 08:39 AM
Disappointed but not surprised that Arsenal have recalled Harry Clarke.

Liked what I saw of Clarke.Although thought he had “heidless chicken” tendencies which could have led to suspension or injury.

Surprised that Arsenal are not trying to punt him out permanently because I certainly don’t see him as a first team contender.

However a potential back three of Miller,Bushiri and Hanlon doesn’t give me any great confidence.

easty
18-06-2022, 08:44 AM
Disappointed but not surprised that Arsenal have recalled Harry Clarke.

Liked what I saw of Clarke.Although thought he had “heidless chicken” tendencies which could have led to suspension or injury.

Surprised that Arsenal are not trying to punt him out permanently because I certainly don’t see him as a first team contender.

However a potential back three of Miller,Bushiri and Hanlon doesn’t give me any great confidence.

There’s no way that’ll be our defence to be fair

Highwayman
18-06-2022, 09:34 AM
There’s no way that’ll be our defence to be fair

I hope you’re right.

But with Porteous and Doig likely to be heading out the door and unless they sign quality replacements it could still be a possibility.

Eyrie
18-06-2022, 09:47 AM
If Porteous is sold then we will definitely sign a starting CH.

Even even if he stays I'd like to see one brought in as our depth is, in order, McGinn (not suited to CH in a two), McGregor (age), Bushiri (whom we've seen) and Delferriere (inexperienced).

1875Sean
18-06-2022, 09:58 AM

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Cadden
Stevenson
Bushiri
Miller
Delferriere
MacIntyre
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Blaney
Aiken
Hamilton
Kenneh
Mackay
Tavares

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen
Bojang
O'Connor

Cadden is a midfielder not a defender

Sir David Gray
18-06-2022, 11:51 AM
Cadden is a midfielder not a defender

He's both and has also played for us a lot as a defender.

Saint Hibee
18-06-2022, 11:58 AM

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Cadden
Stevenson
Bushiri
Miller
Delferriere
MacIntyre
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Blaney
Aiken
Hamilton
Kenneh
Mackay
Tavares

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen
Bojang
O'Connor

Who’s MacIntyre?

Billy Whizz
18-06-2022, 11:59 AM
Who’s MacIntyre?

Under 18 player, highly thought of

Sir David Gray
18-06-2022, 12:03 PM
Who’s MacIntyre?

Oscar MacIntyre - 18 year old.

1875Sean
18-06-2022, 12:08 PM
He's both and has also played for us a lot as a defender.

Aye but his main position is right mid, he’s not going to be right back for us this season

jacomo
18-06-2022, 12:47 PM
Aye but his main position is right mid, he’s not going to be right back for us this season

One of his worst games for us was right back in a back 4 (against St J maybe? I can’t remember).

I think Cadden is better further forward (if maddening at times).

Dashing Bob S
18-06-2022, 03:06 PM
Bummer. Clarke looks a player. Tough to break into a big Premiership club but I reckon he’s got a good future in the game.

Percy Vere
18-06-2022, 04:32 PM
He looked a decent player, but I can't say I saw enough of him to be bereft that he's left the club. We move on and so far as I'm concerned I'll have forgotten him by next week.

To be honest took about ten minutes to see he was an upgrade for our defence. He won’t be missed cause we never saw much of him. But I’m sad we won’t have his services as he is quality.

jacomo
21-06-2022, 12:35 PM
Bummer. Clarke looks a player. Tough to break into a big Premiership club but I reckon he’s got a good future in the game.

Tbf to Arteta, he does give the kids a chance.

MKHIBEE
21-06-2022, 12:51 PM
Clarke has signed for Stoke, makes footballing sense for him and Arsenal

Highwayman
21-06-2022, 02:07 PM
Clarke has signed for Stoke, makes footballing sense for him and Arsenal

Is this a permanent signing or another loan deal?

Sir David Gray
21-06-2022, 02:09 PM
Is this a permanent signing or another loan deal?

Loan.