PDA

View Full Version : 23 and under

Unseen work
15-06-2022, 04:58 PM
Just looking at our squad now, look at the amount of players and potential line up we could have with players 23 and under;

…………………..Murray…….. (Dabrowski just turned 24)

Miller….Rocky…..Porteous….Doig…

………………….JDH….…Magennis….

Mackay………….Henderson………Tavares…

……………………..Melkersen…….

Brydon
Blaney
Delferriere
Campbell
Laidlaw
Bradley
Hauge
Tait
Kenneh
Bojang
O’Connor
Young

These are all players signed to us and doesn’t include Clarke who is on loan.

JDH and Magennis are 24 later this year.

Sir David Gray
15-06-2022, 06:05 PM
Players aged 25+ at the start of the season;

Marshall - 37
McGregor - 36
Stevenson - 34
Hanlon - 32
David Mitchell - 32
McGinn - 31
Doidge - 29
Newell - 29
Macey - 27
Cadden - 25
Demetri Mitchell - 25
Nisbet - 25

It's conceivable that we may end up with only 3 players in our squad over the age of 30 as I wouldn't be surprised if McGregor, Mitchell and McGinn all either moved on or retired.

The dalmeny
15-06-2022, 06:26 PM
Pretty sure you missed Malek

Sir David Gray
15-06-2022, 06:34 PM
Pretty sure you missed Malek

Who's Malek?

Brooster
15-06-2022, 07:27 PM
Why have you put u23 players in who have never played for us yet have left out players who have?

RIP
15-06-2022, 07:33 PM
Who's Malek?

Must mean Malik Zaid, midfielder with U18s?

delbert
15-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Just looking at our squad now, look at the amount of players and potential line up we could have with players 23 and under;

…………………..Murray…….. (Dabrowski just turned 24)

Miller….Rocky…..Porteous….Doig…

………………….JDH….…Magennis….

Mackay………….Henderson………Tavares…

……………………..Melkersen…….

Brydon
Blaney
Delferriere
Campbell
Laidlaw
Bradley
Hauge
Tait
Kenneh
Bojang
O’Connor
Young

These are all players signed to us and doesn’t include Clarke who is on loan.

JDH and Magennis are 24 later this year.

What our team needs so badly is a commanding and experienced centre back, a leader both on and off the park, Rob Jones was our last.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2022, 08:04 PM
What our team needs so badly is a commanding and experienced centre back, a leader both on and off the park, Rob Jones was our last.

The teams Jones played in bottled plenty. He wasn't some mythical leader who saw us strong and hard to beat. Gray was a far better leader. McGregor as experienced and commanding. Ambrose a better player than them all.

It has always been quality footballers we need. Not these specific traits like leadership. Its the lot.

WeeRussell
16-06-2022, 12:41 AM
The teams Jones played in bottled plenty. He wasn't some mythical leader who saw us strong and hard to beat. Gray was a far better leader. McGregor as experienced and commanding. Ambrose a better player than them all.

It has always been quality footballers we need. Not these specific traits like leadership. Its the lot.

I think I agree with the vast majority of your post, but what, out of interest, made Gray a far better leader than Jones?

Other than his legendary status giving him rights to be the best at everything, on and off the field, in all our eyes of course 😁

MWHIBBIES
16-06-2022, 06:16 AM
I think I agree with the vast majority of your post, but what, out of interest, made Gray a far better leader than Jones?

Other than his legendary status giving him rights to be the best at everything, on and off the field, in all our eyes of course 😁

That team always fought back. Had many disappointments but many more big wins. Was strong, full of character and competitive in every game. Good record Vs Hearts and OF too.

Just my opinion. Don't think anything like a player revolt chucking away a good season happens under Gray. Far better atmosphere and connection to the fans

Viva_Palmeiras
16-06-2022, 06:30 AM
Who's Malek?

It’s been 24 years I’ve been living next door to Malek…
Malek, Malek?
who the eff is Malek ?

- one for all you Chubby Brown fans out there…