PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Supporters Team

RC1875
10-06-2022, 11:12 AM
A supporters team has been entered in the IFA Supporters league for next season.

If you’re interested in playing 11 asides on Saturday mornings against other cinch teams representing hibs then follow and dm @HibernifanFC on twitter for more info.

First game is booked in for July 30th

Alfred E Newman
10-06-2022, 11:19 AM
I'm well past the playing stage but I'm quite happy to go along and hurl abuse at them. Or even better, why don't we get some of the players to go along and dish it out.:greengrin

ian cruise
10-06-2022, 11:37 AM
I'm well past the playing stage but I'm quite happy to go along and hurl abuse at them. Or even better, why don't we get some of the players to go along and dish it out.:greengrin

Rocky and Porto on the sidelines letting the players know what they think of them!

Billy Whizz
10-06-2022, 12:15 PM
A supporters team has been entered in the IFA Supporters league for next season.

If you’re interested in playing 11 asides on Saturday mornings against other cinch teams representing hibs then follow and dm @HibernifanFC on twitter for more info.

First game is booked in for July 30th

Good luck with this
If I wanted to come and watch, where are you playing your home games

Brummie_Hibs
10-06-2022, 12:16 PM
Erin Hibs reborn

Forza Fred
11-06-2022, 03:45 AM
There was a Scottish Supporters Cup competition in 1974.

Hibs entered a team from the Carlton Branch and won it!

Never forget the two legs against the hearts in the semi.

Hearts put out their under 16 Longstone Hearts which had swept the boards in juvenile football and had several players signed by senior clubs.

The talk was that they would hammer us Sunday Leaguers but we beat them in both legs,home and away…...and the ref in the second leg was George Smith who went on to referee cup finals, so it was seen as a fairly prestigious tournament.

Unfortunately I flew out to Oz between the semi and the final so missed the cup final, which I think we won 6-1.

We’re Auld farts now, but apart from me the team boasted Ronnie Ferguson and Ronnie Williamson who would be well known in these pages..with Frank Dougan acting as chief cheerleader.

maturehibby
11-06-2022, 02:54 PM
Fairly jogged my memory to when I was about 20 years old and along with a couple of my fellow teammates from a Juvenile team Holyrood Fc we who were members of the Eastern branch supporters club we played in the Supporters Club cup and after a couple of games we went to new Meadiwbank (site of Meadowbank )stadium to play the final and with having a good sprinkling of decent players we won the cup quite easily .
Then we were all back to the old Hibs club to celebrate on the house sponsored by a delighted committee .
Cup filled with whisky too not that I drank it
Good memories from the past
Now a member of the Southern branch
But don't look for me to come out of retirement to play if the cup is on the go again

wookie70
13-08-2022, 07:48 PM
Not a great day for either the full team or the Supporter's team. The Supporter's Team went down 3-0 in the morning, I didn't think anyone was ready to make the step up to the SPFL but I did have second thoughts watching the full teams first half performance. Game was played in a great spirit and a nice way to spend a Saturday morning. If anyone wants a photographer for any sport give me a shout, ecossephoto.com

Jay
28-01-2023, 09:49 PM
Well done to the boys who won 3-1 this morning in what I believe was a SC game. Dug in against a good team and got a result.