PDA

View Full Version : Club volunteering programme

Pages : [1] 2

Power
05-06-2022, 12:06 PM
Volunteer Programme

https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=25916&stc=1&d=1654430699

We are opening the Club up again to individuals who wish to volunteer their time and services to assist maintaining and improving the ongoing appearance of our Stadium. This is in response to a number of offers of help from supporters.

Starting Monday 13th June and running throughout the summer.

Contact me on [email protected] if you wish to help.

Itsnoteasy
05-06-2022, 10:48 PM
Ron taking the piss now. Funny how they want supporters help when suits.

Surely then can afford to get a company in, or get a sponsor that can provide the necessary skills.

He's happy to to ram the prices up on shirt sponsorship, hospitality & season tickets pricing the working man/woman out of the above mentioned opportunities.

easty
05-06-2022, 10:56 PM

Surely then can afford to get a company in, or get a sponsor that can provide the necessary skills.

He's happy to to ram the prices up on shirt sponsorship, hospitality & season tickets pricing the working man/woman out of the above mentioned opportunities.

Should we put you down as a maybe?

Jones28
06-06-2022, 03:12 AM

Kieran said it’s in response to numerous people OFFERING to help.

BigKev
06-06-2022, 04:41 AM

Some take on the original post.

Pretty sure the work involved will be menial tasks with a few supervisors ensuring no one comes to any harm. Fans can also say they’ve done their wee bit for the club rather than sitting on their sofa binge watching Netflix.

You do realise ST prices were frozen and there’s monthly payment schemes to help out or you just fancy giving the club a kick for the sake of it?

Not sure the working person has any interest in sponsoring shirts or hospitality events so another needless dig.

offshorehibby
06-06-2022, 04:43 AM

We have also had this initiative of fans helping out in previous years including the previous regime under Dempster, so this is not new or Ron taking the piss. Feel free to carry on bashing the club at every opportunity.

Since452
06-06-2022, 05:13 AM

😂

Libby Hibby
06-06-2022, 05:33 AM

Wow, some folk find any reason to have a go at the club. Probably the same people who say the club have lost touch with the fans…

Great initiative, let’s hope loads get involved.

DaveF
06-06-2022, 06:37 AM
I heard Ron was offering *free trips to Florida for a round of golf and dinner at his house for the first dozen volunteers so I've fired off my email.

*air fare, golf and food not included.

Stairway 2 7
06-06-2022, 07:16 AM
Union Berlin fans used their holidays and days of to help renovate their stadium.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/soccer-fans-build-stadium-for-east-berlin-cult-club/a-4243189

Since construction of the new stadium began last June, around 1,600 volunteers have put in an estimated 90,000 hours of work.

They have saved the club two million euros from the overall construction costs of 15 million euros.

Ringothedog
06-06-2022, 07:47 AM

Wow, another pathetic attempt at battering the club. Nobody is being made to volunteer. This is an opportunity for supporters to help their club if they wish to do so. It beats the supporters who slag off our club at every at every opportunity

Hibernian Verse
06-06-2022, 07:50 AM

Boozing on a school night :na na:

JimBHibees
06-06-2022, 08:02 AM
Union Berlin fans used their holidays and days of to help renovate their stadium.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/soccer-fans-build-stadium-for-east-berlin-cult-club/a-4243189

Since construction of the new stadium began last June, around 1,600 volunteers have put in an estimated 90,000 hours of work.

They have saved the club two million euros from the overall construction costs of 15 million euros.

That is brilliant

Aldo
06-06-2022, 08:03 AM

Its not just about saving money etc I see this as an opportunity for people to get out and about to meet others and be part of a team!

Whilst I don’t want to speak out of turn or upset anyone (apologise if I have) however this may give people a reason to get up and get out of a day? Have you ever thought about it from this perspective??

I see this as a positive move by the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
06-06-2022, 08:04 AM
Its not just about saving money etc I see this as an opportunity for people to get out and about to meet others and be part of a team!

Whilst I don’t want to speak out of turn or upset anyone (apologise if I have) however this may give people a reason to get up and get out of a day? Have you ever thought about it from this perspective??

Very good point

DIXIHIBS
06-06-2022, 08:09 AM

Its our club not Ron's or any other owner. People will be happy to help...or not...its optional. Wind yer neck in...or not...its optional.

Lendo
06-06-2022, 08:11 AM

wow

Hibdan12
06-06-2022, 08:17 AM

🥱

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-06-2022, 08:30 AM

Trolling at its finest.

Well done on killing the good, meaningful intentions of the thread, jeezuz!

Mr. Wonderful
06-06-2022, 08:32 AM

I called it slave labour last year and took a barrage of abuse. Good luck making a good point that goes against the positivity grain

G15 Hibs
06-06-2022, 08:35 AM
I called it slave labour last year and took a barrage of abuse. Good luck making a good point that goes against the positivity grain

It's not slave labour if people who do it want to do it and are actively seeking opportunities to help.

Jones28
06-06-2022, 08:35 AM

To what end did you call it slave labour? It’s entirely voluntary and the club have had people offering their time. They’d be the mugs not to accept the help. I think it would give me a great deal of satisfaction to be able to say “I did that” when walking around the stadium.

SaulGoodman
06-06-2022, 08:43 AM

Comparing fans offering to help out around the stadium with actual slavery is Shan patter but I’m glad you’ve found a pal that almost spouts as much pish as you do.

Hiber-nation
06-06-2022, 08:48 AM

If you called it slave labour when people were actually volunteering then I'm sure you'll admit that you were talking complete and utter pish.

oldbutdim
06-06-2022, 08:53 AM

Looks like you are getting a similar response to your post of last year.
Shame that nobody gets your sense of humour.

Mikey
06-06-2022, 08:56 AM
Looks like you are getting a similar response to your post of last year.
Shame that nobody gets your sense of humour.

On the contrary, lots are laughing at him.

Aldo
06-06-2022, 09:01 AM
What part do folk not understand

Club Volunteering Programme????

bigwheel
06-06-2022, 09:03 AM
What part do folk not understand

Club Volunteering Programme????

Some just want to be offended …they’ll find any reason to do it

flash
06-06-2022, 09:06 AM

Not sure comparing the slave trade to a few punters cleaning some seats and picking up litter voluntarily is the hot take you think it is.

Alex Trager
06-06-2022, 09:09 AM
Moving on, I wonder what is happening?

Last year they done the seats. I wonder if it will be something similar?

PS I’ve not read the original notice

DaveF
06-06-2022, 09:12 AM
Moving on, I wonder what is happening?

Last year they done the seats. I wonder if it will be something similar?

PS I’ve not read the original notice

Email for details. At the moment all we know is the start date so I guess a plan will be laid out when they have an idea on number of slaves available 🙂

Aldo
06-06-2022, 09:57 AM
Some just want to be offended …they’ll find any reason to do it

Agreed.

Can’t see anything but positives from this!

Brightside
06-06-2022, 10:01 AM

Is the positivity grain not a good thing? No one needs to do it. Plenty people want to do it.

bigwheel
06-06-2022, 10:05 AM
Agreed.

Can’t see anything but positives from this!

For some reason , those with a negative take on this , don’t recognise the bond that builds between club and volunteers when things like this take place …

Green Reaper
06-06-2022, 10:08 AM
For some reason , those with a negative take on this , don’t recognise the bond that builds between club and volunteers when things like this take place …

I guess it’s not easy to understand when you’re old but dim 😬

ahibby
06-06-2022, 10:40 AM

Its good to be needed and volunteering is a good way to have that feeling.

stuart-farquhar
06-06-2022, 10:57 AM
I think if we had a slaver volunteering program it would be oversubscribed.

McSwanky
06-06-2022, 11:05 AM

I heard Ron was offering *free trips to Florida for a round of golf and dinner at his house for the first dozen volunteers so I've fired off my email.

number of slaves available 🙂

Some quality responses on this thread! :faf:

Slave labour indeed. :rolleyes: Every person that volunteers will save the club money that would otherwise need to be spent on contractors. That means there is more money in the coffers which can be directed towards the playing side. It's surely not rocket science to understand that if people are willing to help the club in this way, then it should be embraced with open arms by the club.

CapitalGreen
06-06-2022, 11:08 AM
I think if we had a slaver volunteering program it would be oversubscribed.

😂 slaver labour

berwickhibee
06-06-2022, 11:42 AM
Can we get hot water in the toilets please??😁

Much appreciated👍

sleeping giant
06-06-2022, 11:48 AM

Great Post.

Stairway 2 7
06-06-2022, 11:48 AM

Much appreciated👍

It would cost loads especially with prices as is. If we're trying to be greenest club it's a waste of energy. It doesn't kill bacteria any better, the water would have to be boiling to make a difference

Bridge hibs
06-06-2022, 12:03 PM
It would cost loads especially with prices as is. If we're trying to be greenest club it's a waste of energy. It doesn't kill bacteria any better, the water would have to be boiling to make a difference

Heated toilet seats will suffice then, my hands are frozen in winter and as soon as they make contact with my wedding vegetables they disappear and Ive got to sit down anyway for a pee 🤣

Bostonhibby
06-06-2022, 12:06 PM
Heated toilet seats will suffice then, my hands are frozen in winter and as soon as they make contact with my wedding vegetables they disappear and Ive got to sit down anyway for a pee [emoji1787][emoji23]

We talking brussel sprouts or parsnip here?

Great initiative by the club, absolutely no downside I can see.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jones28
06-06-2022, 12:55 PM

Much appreciated👍

Alternatively, stop pissing all over your hands.

Stairway 2 7
06-06-2022, 12:58 PM
Heated toilet seats will suffice then, my hands are frozen in winter and as soon as they make contact with my wedding vegetables they disappear and Ive got to sit down anyway for a pee 🤣

😆 🤣

Yorkshire HFC
06-06-2022, 01:44 PM

Seriously?

It's 2022, not 1922. Imagine if a cinema took that stance, or a bar, or a bowling alley, or a golf club, or any of the million other venues that are open on a Saturday afternoon.

This is another very strange thread.

Alexa, tell me why mid level football is struggling........

Jones28
06-06-2022, 02:04 PM
Seriously?

It's 2022, not 1922. Imagine if a cinema took that stance, or a bar, or a bowling alley, or a golf club, or any of the million other venues that are open on a Saturday afternoon.

Do any of these venues host 10,000 people or more all at the same time?

Stairway 2 7
06-06-2022, 02:38 PM
Seriously?

How much would it be tens of thousands? What if it was one less player a season. Toughen up gents and wash your hands with cold water. They other places don't try and funnel every penny into success on the park like we do

PaulSmith
06-06-2022, 02:53 PM
Keiran.. ignore the weirdos and naysayers.

There will be, as evidenced the last time, folk that quite like that they are able to do something for *our* club and not expect anything back.

I’ve seen it more regularly in Edinburgh with folk picking up litter and generally making our city a better place to live in.

If I walk into ER next season and see nice white paint in the stands, seats that are securely fastened, a power wash of the front of the stands and a removal of some of the weeds then I’ll reflect back at this thread as being a good thing.

For volunteers they’ll be able to say “I done that and made a difference”.. others will say “I tried to discourage anyone from volunteering”

I know which camp is the better one to be in.

Mr. Wonderful
06-06-2022, 03:11 PM
To what end did you call it slave labour? It’s entirely voluntary and the club have had people offering their time. They’d be the mugs not to accept the help. I think it would give me a great deal of satisfaction to be able to say “I did that” when walking around the stadium.

Sure your offspring will be delighted to have received your satisfaction after you're gone. Meanwhile generations of mega rich Gordon's will see the financial benefit of you "ponying up" your free time to them.

Taking advantage of passionate supporters imo

Jones28
06-06-2022, 03:16 PM
Sure your offspring will be delighted to have received your satisfaction after you're gone. Meanwhile generations of mega rich Gordon's will see the financial benefit of you "ponying up" your free time to them.

Ah yes. Because Scottish football is a profit making powerhouse that often sees owners walk away with more money than they went in with. :aok:

Since452
06-06-2022, 03:19 PM
Amazed people are finding an issue with this. Think it's a brilliant idea personally. Not only does it help the club it makes people feel even more connected to it. Only thing stopping me is not being local.

Aldo
06-06-2022, 03:21 PM

Are they being forced to do it??? Nope. Have fans offered to do it. Yes

You really don’t like the club do you!

Mr. Wonderful
06-06-2022, 03:25 PM
Are they being forced to do it??? Nope. Have fans offered to do it. Yes

You really don’t like the club do you!

I love the club Alan. Dislike people being taken advantage of though and I won't have multi millionaires refusing to put their hands in their pockets for the basics and getting the begging bowl out.

Aldo
06-06-2022, 03:32 PM
I love the club Alan. Dislike people being taken advantage of though and I won't have multi millionaires refusing to put their hands in their pockets for the basics and getting the begging bowl out.

I understand what your saying but I can only see positives from this.

As I mentioned earlier it’s not about the money it’s about allowing/letting fans be part of something!

If folk don’t want to do it they won’t if they do they will. Plenty of clubs throughout the world do this! Again whilst I appreciate what your saying this may allow someone to move on from some not so nice place and maybe start to move in the right direction!

Things like this are essential imho and allows the community etc to become involved.

Can see the reaction on here if Hearts were doing this and promoting it positively. Folk would crucify the club for not doing it.

I’m of the opinion that in some folks eyes at the moment Ron and the club can do nothing right.

Mr. Wonderful
06-06-2022, 03:59 PM
Ah yes. Because Scottish football is a profit making powerhouse that often sees owners walk away with more money than they went in with. :aok:

Well I dunno about you but I'm not in the business of increasing the value of someone else's property for free because it'll make me feel tingly inside

Allant1981
06-06-2022, 04:05 PM
Well I dunno about you but I'm not in the business of increasing the value of someone else's property for free because it'll make me feel tingly inside

Well dont do it and stop commenting on it then and save yourself the time moaning

Mr. Wonderful
06-06-2022, 04:19 PM
Well dont do it and stop commenting on it then and save yourself the time moaning

You must really enjoy living in a democratic society.

DIXIHIBS
06-06-2022, 04:19 PM

It's OUR club. If helping out saves a bit of cash that can help the club in any way that has to be a good thing. Community spirit helps everyone...except you obviously.

Mr. Wonderful
06-06-2022, 04:23 PM
It's OUR club. If helping out saves a bit of cash that can help the club in any way that has to be a good thing. Community spirit helps everyone...except you obviously.

It helps everyone but especially mega rich chairmen who don't want to pony up. IMO if he really wanted to help the community he could get some hibs fans in who are down on their luck and maybe needing financial help and, you know.. Pay them?

bigwheel
06-06-2022, 04:25 PM

Tbh. If you see our stadium as simply “someone else’s property”, then that says a lot about your view of the club …

Mr. Wonderful
06-06-2022, 04:32 PM
Tbh. If you see our stadium as simply “someone else’s property”, then that says a lot about your view of the club …

It does under Ron. Feeling less like a supporter and more like a customer with every new commercial idea they implement. And then they ask fans to come and paint some steps again.. 😂

Jones28
06-06-2022, 04:32 PM

They're volunteering. There isn't a begging bowl out.

Jones28
06-06-2022, 04:34 PM

Its the stadium of the club we all love. He's not asking you to paint the fences in his garden FFS.

You talk about feeling more like a customer - well you're certainly talking the talk of being a customer rather than a supporter.

Since90+2
06-06-2022, 04:38 PM
If I can work it around childcare and work I'll do some volunteering. Will be good to contribute to the club, even in a small way.

CapitalGreen
06-06-2022, 04:47 PM
It does under Ron. Feeling less like a supporter and more like a customer with every new commercial idea they implement. And then they ask fans to come and paint some steps again.. 😂

We’ve had people volunteering at the stadium long before RG was on the scene.

Hibiza
06-06-2022, 05:03 PM

😂😂😂 Nice one Sur.

Hibiza
06-06-2022, 05:05 PM

Much appreciated👍

And toilet rolls .

Stairway 2 7
06-06-2022, 05:08 PM

You've persuaded me to send an email. I've a couple of days in lieu to use this month. Should be a good laugh bit of camaraderie and tidy up "home". Cheers

Big_Franck
06-06-2022, 05:36 PM
It's great that the club are opening up and allowing those that want to the opportunity to help out. I see no negatives here at all.

Some have already mentioned this, but there's various benefits of volunteering to those that go along. It'll no doubt make everyone feel a bit closer to their club and make them feel part of something. It'll help keep people occupied and give people a purpose for those that are retired or are out of work and that's really important for our mental health. It will help some people that might currently be a bit isolated to get out, be active and to meet people with the added benefit of instantly having something in common and things to talk about. It might appeal to those that have a busy work life or those who normally look after kids to get out and do something new and a bit different, an escape from the routine if you want. It might also help people who are new to the city to meet people in Edinburgh with similar interests and to make friends in their new home city.

I'm all for this and if I can't find the holiday away I want this summer I might pop along and help out for a couple days.

worcesterhibby
06-06-2022, 06:04 PM
great initiative for three reasons.

1)Get's jobs done the clubs needs doing at a lower costs (managing volunteers is never zero cost)
2)Helps volunteers feel more engaged with the club and gives them a positive feel good factor
3)Winds-up miserable gits on here :greengrin

Power
06-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Thanks All. Some fair call outs on this thread. Absolutely no requirements to sign up but it’s ensuring the doors are open to those that have asked.

There are plenty of possible answers on the benefit of volunteering - gaining confidence, making a difference, meet people, learn new skills and be part of a community.

There is a number of different areas to support the Operations team - Painting, Weeding, Jet washing externals and General Small Works Maintenance plus other pieces of support specifically for Hibernian Community Foundation.

The club receives volunteering requests throughout the football season, either through myself, the Operations department or sometimes Hibernian Community Foundation, but the summer break gives a better opportunity to coordinate it efficiently.

This will be on during the summer so happy to pass on more information or help connect.

hibee-boys
06-06-2022, 06:58 PM
What is the obsession with hot water in the toilets? I don’t even wash my hands with hot water in the house, by the time the hot water kicks in it’s job done. Guaranteed there would be a thread on the water being too hot at some point down the line!🤷🏼

andudare2
06-06-2022, 07:00 PM
Kieran said it’s in response to numerous people OFFERING to help.probably would have helped his/her moan if he/she had read post i suppose.Far as im aware season ticket prices were frozen AGAIN for coming season,know mine was.

cabbageandribs1875
06-06-2022, 07:01 PM
i think heated toilet seats would be a decent compromise

Carheenlea
06-06-2022, 07:52 PM

It’s worth remembering that supporters are volunteering not just for the clubs benefit, but for your benefit as a fan by offering some time to improve Easter Road for everyone when they visit again next season, even the joyless miserablists with nothing good to say about the club.

O'Rourke3
06-06-2022, 08:38 PM
What is the obsession with hot water in the toilets? I don’t even wash my hands with hot water in the house, by the time the hot water kicks in it’s job done. Guaranteed there would be a thread on the water being too hot at some point down the line![emoji1743]Me either. No hot water in the Bernabau too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
06-06-2022, 10:49 PM

There are fans of clubs around the world who have practically built their club's stadium, the aforementioned Union Berlin and AEK Athens many years ago, I'm sure folk on here could name others.

I don't know about you but I'm one of those fans who genuinely thinks the state of its stadium is a reflection of a club's pride in itself, nobody want's to see peeling paintwork, shoddy seats or weeds growing inside or outside the stadium.

The point here is that fans want to help ensure the stadium 'their club' calls home reflects well on it. Take Dens park as an example, it's an utter dump inside and out and it's slagged off by fans on social media constantly as a result, not because of the age of the stands or anything like that but simply because the whole place needs painted and the loads of weeds and rubbish piled up on stairways removed. It's nothing a few volunteer fans couldn't vastly improve with some skips for the rubbish and a few gallons of paint.

The fact that Hibs have a number of fans willing to volunteer to do basic stuff around the stadium to make it look presentable should be something we are proud of because it's a reflection of our pride and commitment to the club we support .... why the hell anybody would want to turn that into a negative is beyond me.

Capt Mainwaring
06-06-2022, 10:50 PM
I volunteered last season when the HFC white seats were installed in the East Stand. Was a good day and great chat and camaraderie with fellow fans as we worked

I’ll be volunteering again next week. My choice and happy to help out

Great way of meeting fellow supporters and satisfaction of making a small contribution.

SMAXXA
06-06-2022, 11:48 PM
Can we jet wash the bird ***** off the side of the stand in the west upper, my mate sits there and I’ve been a few times it’s actually disgusting. Seen the opportunity to add it to your list so took it 😂 appreciate its not the most desirable job.

Great work whoever is giving up their time for this, I can see no negative in this at all but doesn’t surprise me some will put some weird slant on it.

Twiglet
06-06-2022, 11:49 PM
Thanks All. Some fair call outs on this thread. Absolutely no requirements to sign up but it’s ensuring the doors are open to those that have asked.

There are plenty of possible answers on the benefit of volunteering - gaining confidence, making a difference, meet people, learn new skills and be part of a community.

There is a number of different areas to support the Operations team - Painting, Weeding, Jet washing externals and General Small Works Maintenance plus other pieces of support specifically for Hibernian Community Foundation.

The club receives volunteering requests throughout the football season, either through myself, the Operations department or sometimes Hibernian Community Foundation, but the summer break gives a better opportunity to coordinate it efficiently.

This will be on during the summer so happy to pass on more information or help connect.

I helped with the seats last year and enjoyed it. Not only did I get to contribute something to the club in a small way I was met a few people who I can give a wee nod to at matches and build a network of faces I know at the minimum. I'll be offering some of my time this summer again, even if it's just for a few hours.

Mr. Wonderful
07-06-2022, 06:45 AM
There are fans of clubs around the world who have practically built their club's stadium, the aforementioned Union Berlin and AEK Athens many years ago, I'm sure folk on here could name others.

I don't know about you but I'm one of those fans who genuinely thinks the state of its stadium is a reflection of a club's pride in itself, nobody want's to see peeling paintwork, shoddy seats or weeds growing inside or outside the stadium.

The point here is that fans want to help ensure the stadium 'their club' calls home reflects well on it. Take Dens park as an example, it's an utter dump inside and out and it's slagged off by fans on social media constantly as a result, not because of the age of the stands or anything like that but simply because the whole place needs painted and the loads of weeds and rubbish piled up on stairways removed. It's nothing a few volunteer fans couldn't vastly improve with some skips for the rubbish and a few gallons of paint.

The fact that Hibs have a number of fans willing to volunteer to do basic stuff around the stadium to make it look presentable should be something we are proud of because it's a reflection of our pride and commitment to the club we support .... why the hell anybody would want to turn that into a negative is beyond me.

Each to their own but for me if the stadium was looking tattie and the present owners did nothing about it I'd be more worried about that. Than the actual jobs. Particularly when said owner isn't short of a few quid

Stairway 2 7
07-06-2022, 06:51 AM
Each to their own but for me if the stadium was looking tattie and the present owners did nothing about it I'd be more worried about that. Than the actual jobs. Particularly when said owner isn't short of a few quid

This attitude will keep hearts above us for years. They are happy to put in 2 million a year of their own money, above season tickets ect. They have millionaire owner and benefactor. But they know any extra helps the club. Alot of hibs fans don't have the same mindset unfortunately

CropleyWasGod
07-06-2022, 07:12 AM

Why should the owner pay for it?

Itsnoteasy
07-06-2022, 07:24 AM

Fergus McCann done pretty well.

Itsnoteasy
07-06-2022, 07:26 AM
Why should the owner pay for it?

Would you buy a house & ask your neighbour to paint it, even better get him to supply the paint.

bigwheel
07-06-2022, 07:31 AM
Would you buy a house & ask your neighbour to paint it, even better get him to supply the paint.

No..but you may suggest the neighbourhood community group together and have a tidy up day around all the common areas ….

Heisenberg
07-06-2022, 07:32 AM
There were volunteers doing stuff around the stadium when the previous owner was here too. No massive issue for me. If people want to give up their own time to help the club then they’d be silly to turn it down.

Jones28
07-06-2022, 07:33 AM
Fergus McCann done pretty well.

1. 1 owner of the biggest club in the league.

Hardly a trend is it?

Anyway well done in creating a lot of needless debate about the rights and wrongs of allowing people the chance to make a physical contribution to maintaining the stadium.

Jones28
07-06-2022, 07:35 AM

Thats a **** analogy.

Would you live in a big house with lots of other people, pay rent to the landlord but expect the landlord to do things like laundry and dishes?

No.

Willis1875
07-06-2022, 07:43 AM
English football and its multi millionaire/billionaire owners has blighted some supporters views of owning a football club,not all owners come in and just chuck money about on all aspects of a football club just because they have deep pockets.
Same supporters likely complain in the same breath that they feel disconnected from their football club etc etc….this is an opportunity to have a connection with your football club voluntarily

CropleyWasGod
07-06-2022, 07:56 AM

My point is that this is a business, not a house.

It's up to the business to pay for it, not the owner. If the business can get it done cheaply, even for free, that saves cash. Cash that can be spent on other things.. like players.

Stairway 2 7
07-06-2022, 09:21 AM
Better analogy would be a church. You'll never own it and the Vatican bank has billions. But many volunteer through the love. Its somewhere we go and spend our free time, our grandparents in some cases went to the same place every week. We take our children there, tell them the history and stories of the place.

Easter Road is very much my church. A few minutes after David grays header was a very religious moment. I was connected to others who had passed and gave them a smile as we did it.

If people want to do it good on them, if you don't then fair enough

NAE NOOKIE
07-06-2022, 10:45 AM

But he is doing something about it isn't he. On the back of some fans indicating they would be willing to volunteer around the stadium the club has decided to take up that offer and extend it by asking if there are any other fans willing to help tidy the place up.

This goes directly to an issue I've raised on other threads. Football fans are not simply 'customers' and hell mend any club stupid enough to treat us as if we were. Stuff like this is one of the reasons we as fans can hold that view and justifiably expect it to be respected by owners. You might go to TESCO practically every day in life, would you volunteer to pull up weeds in their car park or power wash the front of the store? No you wouldn't you would expect TESCO to employ people to do it because you have no emotional attachment to them .... it's different for your football club.

Besides that, Ron Gordon has a personal fortune of 75 million quid, that's peanuts in relative terms when it comes to a financial sponge like a football club. If Hibs employed folk to do what these volunteers are willing to do for free the money would come out of other budgets, not the owners pocket and that goes for practically any club of our size.

The way you are going on you would think the club is looking for volunteers to build a third tier on the main stand, not paint a few steps and pull up some weeds. As another poster alluded to, plenty of folk all over the country volunteer to clear waterways or fix forest trails, even help rebuild and maintain abandoned railway lines with no prospect of ever claiming to be 'owners' of these things, but simply because they are enthusiastic about such things, why should folk who are enthusiastic about their football club be any different?

Jones28
07-06-2022, 10:53 AM
Better analogy would be a church. You'll never own it and the Vatican bank has billions. But many volunteer through the love. Its somewhere we go and spend our free time, our grandparents in some cases went to the same place every week. We take our children there, tell them the history and stories of the place.

Easter Road is very much my church. A few minutes after David grays header was a very religious moment. I was connected to others who had passed and gave them a smile as we did it.

:thumbsup:

Absolutely, well said S27

Mr. Wonderful
07-06-2022, 11:30 AM
But he is doing something about it isn't he. On the back of some fans indicating they would be willing to volunteer around the stadium the club has decided to take up that offer and extend it by asking if there are any other fans willing to help tidy the place up.

This goes directly to an issue I've raised on other threads. Football fans are not simply 'customers' and hell mend any club stupid enough to treat us as if we were. Stuff like this is one of the reasons we as fans can hold that view and justifiably expect it to be respected by owners. You might go to TESCO practically every day in life, would you volunteer to pull up weeds in their car park or power wash the front of the store? No you wouldn't you would expect TESCO to employ people to do it because you have no emotional attachment to them .... it's different for your football club.

Besides that, Ron Gordon has a personal fortune of 75 million quid, that's peanuts in relative terms when it comes to a financial sponge like a football club. If Hibs employed folk to do what these volunteers are willing to do for free the money would come out of other budgets, not the owners pocket and that goes for practically any club of our size.

The way you are going on you would think the club is looking for volunteers to build a third tier on the main stand, not paint a few steps and pull up some weeds. As another poster alluded to, plenty of folk all over the country volunteer to clear waterways or fix forest trails, even help rebuild and maintain abandoned railway lines with no prospect of ever claiming to be 'owners' of these things, but simply because they are enthusiastic about such things, why should folk who are enthusiastic about their football club be any different?

What happened, Mr Nookie, is that the fans noticed these things upon visiting the stadium last pre season. The owner/management didn't notice or didn't care until that point. Imo that is alarming neglect, don't we have someone in charge of that stuff?

Mr. Wonderful
07-06-2022, 11:32 AM

Do the church charge you near 500 quid a year for entry?

aljo7-0
07-06-2022, 11:37 AM
No but they put a collection box round each week or ask for direct debits and I'll bet many parishioners are happy to pay £10 each week if they can afford it. That will go to maintaining the building, electricity, paying a wage for the priest/minister etc.

Mr. Wonderful
07-06-2022, 11:41 AM
No but they put a collection box round each week or ask for direct debits and I'll bet many parishioners are happy to pay £10 each week if they can afford it. That will go to maintaining the building, electricity, paying a wage for the priest/minister etc.

So they essentially pay their money in order to ensure the church can use said money to pay people for works to be done?

Stairway 2 7
07-06-2022, 11:43 AM

They ask for it in a nice bag that goes round, or for a candle or in the cafe.

8000 hearts fans are mugs to you. They put in money each month on top of 500 a year. They basically get nowt for it , apart from the knowledge that it helps them outbid hibs for players.

Mr. Wonderful
07-06-2022, 11:44 AM
They ask for it in a nice bag that goes round, or for a candle or in the cafe.

8000 hearts fans are mugs to you. They put in money each month on top of 500 a year. They basically get nowt for it , apart from the knowledge that it helps them outbid hibs for players.

They got ownership of their club and shares with that money. Their club was on its knees, we are not.

bigwheel
07-06-2022, 11:45 AM
So they essentially pay their money in order to ensure the church can use said money to pay people for works to be done?

Your relationship with the club seems to be purely a transactional one . You pay your money to watch football ..as others have articulated much better than me , that for many it is a much deeper relationship than that - and being part of the Hibernian family , comes with a willingness to help the club in ways other than simply giving them money to watch a game . Even if it’s not for you , surely you can understand that and not be troubled by those who want to give a bit more and want a closer connection than you .

hibbydog
07-06-2022, 11:45 AM

Pathetic

I wasn’t going to volunteer but I will now I’ve read your bile.

Quite looking forward to it to be honest.

Kato
07-06-2022, 11:46 AM
Is everyone seeing the word "volunteer" is it edited out for some posters?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
07-06-2022, 11:55 AM
What happened, Mr Nookie, is that the fans noticed these things upon visiting the stadium last pre season. The owner/management didn't notice or didn't care until that point. Imo that is alarming neglect, don't we have someone in charge of that stuff?

Which goes exactly towards what I've been saying:

This is why it's important that fans play a far from passive role in the life of their club. It's the very fact that supporters notice and get annoyed at simple things like weeds, broken seats and peeling paintwork that will keep the folk running our club honest. If they don't employ someone to keep a lid on these things, or the person they do employ isn't doing their job properly, then is it not a good thing that the folk who support the club will be quick to get on the club's back over it and even offer to help sort the problem? Better that than sit back moaning about it doing nothing practical until the place falls apart if the owner is neglecting it.

Where we do have a case for expecting the owner to be personally involved and solely accountable is over stuff like the alleged state of the inside of the FF stand, where according to some fans the corporate areas have been allowed to fall into a state of utter disrepair to the extent that it's going to take north of a million quid to sort it. A situation that started before Ron Gordon became owner I'm lead to believe.

Folk can have different opinions over what can be done or who should do it, but one thing is for sure, a club that allows it's stadium to fall into disrepair, inside or out, is a club that has lost pride in itself, nobody want's Hibernian FC ( our club ) to go down that road, in view of that where we as fans can be of practical help we should and where we can't we should absolutely badger the owner to personally address the problem.

So yes, while fans are busy painting stuff and pulling weeds we should also constantly remind the owner that we do not want to see the FF stand rot from the inside out.

Bostonhibby
07-06-2022, 11:56 AM
I was kind of disillusioned with the club generally as does happen from time to time over the decades, but I'd like to thank a couple of posters on here who seem to want to give us a kicking generally, and disproportionate to what the thread seemed to be about for getting me a bit more on board again and reminding me there's folk who really do enjoy giving us a kicking rather than saying nothing [emoji849]

Stairway 2 7
07-06-2022, 12:00 PM
They got ownership of their club and shares with that money. Their club was on its knees, we are not.

There club isn't on its knees its now but no drop off. A few federation of hearts share is as useless as a few hibs shares, your no selling them. They know its money they are basically giving away, to either build stands or get players

Tommy75
07-06-2022, 08:22 PM
When folk tell me the Internet has made the world a better place I point them to hibs.net

Bostonhibby
07-06-2022, 08:27 PM
When folk tell me the Internet has made the world a better place I point them to hibs.netYep, I don't think this interweb thing will last though.

Tommy75
07-06-2022, 08:30 PM
Yep, I don't think this interweb thing will last though.

Agreed, can't see it catching on tbh. A passing phase.

Itsnoteasy
07-06-2022, 11:06 PM
Pathetic

So if it wasn't for my post you wouldn't have volunteered. Well I'm glad something good came from my bile.

RMQ1967
07-06-2022, 11:25 PM

If you look at it that way (assuming you have a season ticket or buy match tickets), you're actually paying Ron directly and increasing the value of his business 😀

The volunteers are paying him nothing so you should feel all warm & tingly 🤗

SMAXXA
08-06-2022, 12:00 AM

I’ve read some ***** on here but this is right up there. You genuinely think fans doing some minor maintenance to the ground is going to add value to the ground regardless of who owns it? That’s an excuse to be negative if I’ve ever seen it. If it was something critical to the value of a Hibs asset I’m pretty sure the club would be paying to address any such issue whereas this supporter contribution is miles away from being that.

Crazy comment

Since452
08-06-2022, 05:25 AM
I'm not cutting my grass this weekend. I pay the bank a fortune every month so they can get someone to do it. They're taking the piss. No interest in making a place I love and have an emotional connection to look nice.

HIBS NUTS
08-06-2022, 09:28 AM
I'm not cutting my grass this weekend. I pay the bank a fortune every month so they can get someone to do it. They're taking the piss. No interest in making a place I love and have an emotional connection to look nice.
It really is a poor news day, when people are getting upset about a few people volunteering to help the club.
im only posting because it’s raining, and i can’t play golf.
this is pathetic.

WhileTheChief..
08-06-2022, 12:49 PM
Pathetic

You going to take pics to prove you were there or are you just saying this to make a point?!

GreenCastle
08-06-2022, 04:19 PM
Side of the east stand really needs jet washed - hopefully the club can try do something to return it to the nice fresh white it was before.

hibbydog
08-06-2022, 09:56 PM
So if it wasn't for my post you wouldn't have volunteered. Well I'm glad something good came from my bile.

Aye that’s right. You are so big and clever

hibbydog
08-06-2022, 09:57 PM
You going to take pics to prove you were there or are you just saying this to make a point?!

Aye. Follow me for more ‘I’m a better Hibby than you’ tips

cameronw-hfc
08-06-2022, 10:35 PM

As someone who's helped volunteer with the club, my dads helped, and I have family on the matchday staff, it's not slave labour, it's comical to even suggest it. I worked for an hour before games, got tips left right and centre, a free ticket most of the time due to the people I ended up knowing and now have multiple connections at Hibs that actually got me started in my Journalism career.

It's an amazing thing to be apart of, its not hard work and you can make relationships with important people at the club, less important people and in general just make friends.

Any reason to slate the club you support though eh?

Edit- I also have connections at Hampden, Murrayfield, Celtic Park and Tannadice, all from my 7/8 years working for the club on match days

Brooster
08-06-2022, 11:18 PM
It's amazing what some folk can get their knickers in a twist about these days.

Itsnoteasy
09-06-2022, 06:41 PM
Aye that’s right. You are so big and clever

Naw your the clever one for changing your mind.

berwickhibee
09-06-2022, 07:23 PM
Alternatively, stop pissing all over your hands.

Idiotic reply👍

It's a disgrace after going through COVID that still no hot water in the toilets.

And even worse regularly no soap.

Allant1981
09-06-2022, 07:26 PM
Idiotic reply👍

It's a disgrace after going through COVID that still no hot water in the toilets.

While it would be nice to have the hot water it really makes no difference if its hot or cold as long as there is soap

Billy Whizz
09-06-2022, 07:28 PM
While it would be nice to have the hot water it really makes no difference if its hot or cold as long as there is soap

Maybe not, but it’s freezing in the winter after washing your hands in cold water
Even having some hot air dryers, would not be too much to ask for

berwickhibee
09-06-2022, 08:57 PM
It makes a huge difference to my parents in the winter.

superfurryhibby
10-06-2022, 08:53 AM

Do they live in the Stadium?

They’ll need central heating too :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
10-06-2022, 12:19 PM
Unless they start asking for volunteers to play 😀 this is a great initiative by the club, well done to all those who volunteer.

Allant1981
11-06-2022, 07:44 AM
Maybe not, but it’s freezing in the winter after washing your hands in cold water
Even having some hot air dryers, would not be too much to ask for

Air dryers would be good

Allant1981
11-06-2022, 07:48 AM

It really makes no difference at all, unless of course you are talking about something that has nothing to do with water coming from a tap at easter road that will be used a couple of times a month

Brooster
11-06-2022, 12:08 PM

What is the 'huge difference'?

basehibby
11-06-2022, 02:28 PM

100% deserved abuse for 100% moronic and gratuitously negative tripe spouted.

basehibby
11-06-2022, 02:43 PM
If you just repeated the last part of your handle you would make more sense. "Love the club" yet would rather money is spent on painting and scrubbing etc than on the team?

Power
13-06-2022, 02:31 PM
Start of the Volunteer Programme.

https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=25942&d=1655130674

https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=25943&d=1

Big thanks to the volunteers that supported the Operations team today to kick start improvements and make a massive difference.

Contact me on [email protected] if you wish to help at any time.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2022, 02:49 PM
Massive credit to those who were able to make the contribution[emoji106]

hibbyfraelibby
13-06-2022, 03:23 PM
i think heated toilet seats would be a decent compromise

🤔🤔🤔 suppose it depends upon who you are following and what strength of curry the had day before

hibbyfraelibby
13-06-2022, 03:24 PM
Can we jet wash the bird ***** off the side of the stand in the west upper, my mate sits there and I’ve been a few times it’s actually disgusting. Seen the opportunity to add it to your list so took it 😂 appreciate its not the most desirable job.

Great work whoever is giving up their time for this, I can see no negative in this at all but doesn’t surprise me some will put some weird slant on it.

So you managed to instal your quota of seats and got roped in to volunteer again for another season?

Jones28
13-06-2022, 03:25 PM
Idiotic reply👍

How many thousands of pounds what it costs to install and run a system that works for 25 days a year?

I'd rather that went towards the team or something else around the stadium.

Are we really that precious that we need to wash our hands in hot water?

hibbyfraelibby
13-06-2022, 03:26 PM

Yup and they claim back the tax too through Gift Aid Scheme

hibbyfraelibby
13-06-2022, 03:34 PM
Unless they start asking for volunteers to play 😀 this is a great initiative by the club, well done to all those who volunteer.

The way Maloney had us playing last season the first 11 through the turnstiles should have been offered a game...

JimBHibees
13-06-2022, 03:37 PM
Massive credit to those who were able to make the contribution[emoji106]

Totally agree:thumbsup:

04Sauzee
13-06-2022, 03:41 PM
Taken from Twitter

https://i.ibb.co/5Tjh4S8/20220613-164050.jpg (https://ibb.co/31FmdjN)

JimBHibees
13-06-2022, 03:43 PM
Taken from Twitter

https://i.ibb.co/5Tjh4S8/20220613-164050.jpg (https://ibb.co/31FmdjN)

Beautiful stadium

Capt Mainwaring
13-06-2022, 05:01 PM
Really good day today with the dozen or so volunteers. Well organised by Kieran and supported with equipment from the Operations team

Lots of jet washing, weeding, tidying up and painting the railings and fencing in the East Stand. Well supplied with tea coffee juice and sandwiches to keep us going

A good days work work - totally recommended 👍

Also a great insight into the other major works happening around the stadium like the new pitch and LED boards going up on 3 sides of the ground

DaveF
13-06-2022, 05:18 PM
Really good day today with the dozen or so volunteers. Well organised by Kieran and supported with equipment from the Operations team

Lots of jet washing, weeding, tidying up and painting the railings and fencing in the East Stand. Well supplied with tea coffee juice and sandwiches to keep us going

Also a great insight into the other major works happening around the stadium like the new pitch and LED boards going up on 3 sides of the ground

Nice one, well done all.

RIP
14-06-2022, 11:38 AM
Well done to the volunteers!! I’m definitely throwing my name into the hat.

I’m torn between volunteering for a role in the player recruitment team or the matchday tactics crew.

I’m assuming that no prior football or coaching experience is necessary for either role other than a long history of spraffing mince in Hibs Facebook groups or on Hibs.Net?

JimBHibees
14-06-2022, 11:47 AM

04Sauzee
14-06-2022, 11:55 AM

Was reading about the LED boards yesterday , I hadn't realised we were doing these always thought we were doing like a ticker tape thing on the west. Great from Hibs though, even although there will be an initial outlay it will bring in more money to the club

I'm assuming the new pitch is just reseeded? Was talk I think of hybrid the season after next

Capt Mainwaring
14-06-2022, 09:49 PM
Was reading about the LED boards yesterday , I hadn't realised we were doing these always thought we were doing like a ticker tape thing on the west. Great from Hibs though, even although there will be an initial outlay it will bring in more money to the club

I'm assuming the new pitch is just reseeded? Was talk I think of hybrid the season after next

The pitch has been skimmed and re-seeded. It’s not a hybrid but looks very lush as the ground staff have been cutting it last few days

Renfrew_Hibby
14-06-2022, 09:55 PM
The pitch has been skimmed and re-seeded. It’s not a hybrid but looks very lush as the ground staff have been cutting it last few days

Looks like the weedy AstroTurf has been removed?

Capt Mainwaring
14-06-2022, 10:05 PM
Looks like the weedy AstroTurf has been removed?

Yes it has. Part of the tidy up and clearance to get the LED boards in. The wall in front of the F5 has also been removed and replaced by a railing

AliboyFC
14-06-2022, 10:12 PM
Yes it has. Part of the tidy up and clearance to get the LED boards in. The wall in front of the F5 has also been removed and replaced by a railing
Exciting stuff. Do we own the ribbon that we put up on matches that get shown live on the telly or does it just get provided to us?

dangermouse
15-06-2022, 07:04 AM
I'll bet the people moaning about "Ron the Con" using volunteers will be the first to moan that not enough was spent on the team if the results are not favourable.

I can see it now "Why waste money on stadium maintenance when it could be spent on the team!" :duck:

Volunteers, keep up the good work and more before/after photos would be much appreciated.

hibeejeebies
15-06-2022, 07:12 AM

😂

Renfrew_Hibby
15-06-2022, 07:46 AM
Stadiums going to be in great nick for our 150th in 3 years time.
New modern hospitality and LED boards this summer.
New hybrid pitch and potential redevelopment of the FF (rail seats + a refurb of the area formerly known as behind the goals) next summer.
Possibly new seating to replace decades old faded seats as well before 2025.
What with the improved tannoy system, big screens and new floodlighting on the way, the old lady will be scrubbing up well.

Onceinawhile
15-06-2022, 08:32 AM

Interesting. Given the amount of kids etc... that hang about there, I wonder if it'll cause any issues.

GreenCastle
15-06-2022, 08:40 AM

Assume it’s the same company ADI that put the screens in.

Will it be a higher electronic board or double like some teams in England now have?

Think it was the Derby at Easter Road we had full wrap around LED boards in front of FF / South and East.

Any pics of the new front rail of the FF ?

Brightside
15-06-2022, 11:22 AM
New hybrid pitch and potential redevelopment of the FF (rail seats + a refurb of the area formerly known as behind the goals) next summer.
What with the improved tannoy system, big screens and new floodlighting on the way, the old lady will be scrubbing up well.

What have you heard is happening to the old BTG area? Unless they have changed their mind again this was being refitted to be the office for the Foundation

Renfrew_Hibby
15-06-2022, 11:32 AM
What have you heard is happening to the old BTG area? Unless they have changed their mind again this was being refitted to be the office for the Foundation

Not heard anything. At least there is a plan in place to maintain and give that space a purpose rather than continue to let it gather dust and fall into disrepair.
Would the foundation require the whole space?

green day
15-06-2022, 03:44 PM
A wee report from today.

This was my first day, Jack and John had been here all week (Jack was the guy jetwashing in the photos above).

A bit of work done in the area of the players car park - lots of crap moved and shrubs cut down - they are going to have to get at least one skip to move the rubbish.

Also old advertising hoardings which had been left lying round moved away.......not obvious stuff for fans, but it must have looked an absolute state for the lads arriving for matches !

Plenty of water, snacks, coffee provided and pizzas at lunch...........KP arrived just as they were delivered - coincidence, I think not :wink:

We then had a crack at doing more of the painting that had been prepped earlier in the week. Mostly around the disabled area in the East. There is also going to be some work done on refreshing/renewing the anti slip paint on the steps (the white with yellow corners) over the next week or so.

Some pics below. You can see the trench laid to accomodate the new LED boards. You might also be able to see that the first row of seats in the FF has been removed to allow better sightlines over these new boards. Work will also be completed in the disabled area there too.

There are about 60 contractors in the West just now working on the refit, as well as a lot of work being done by the grounds staff on the relaid pitch (which looks great).

The staff who worked in the West have all decanted to the South, I am not sure if thats permanent, but the offices are large and (I think) bigger than their previous home in a corner of the West.

Overall a very good, interesting and satisfying day - all the staff I met (Garry O Hagan, Neil on the maintenance staff, and of course Kieran Power) were welcoming and helpful.

I hope to get back tomorrow..........still want to finish painting that section of railings !

See photos in post below.

S4uzee
15-06-2022, 03:51 PM
A wee report from today.

This was my first day, Jack and John had been here all week (Jack was the guy jetwashing in the photos above).

A bit of work done in the area of the players car park - lots of crap moved and shrubs cut down - they are going to have to get at least one skip to move the rubbish.

Also old advertising hoardings which had been left lying round moved away.......not obvious stuff for fans, but it must have looked an absolute state for the lads arriving for matches !

Plenty of water, snacks, coffee provided and pizzas at lunch...........KP arrived just as they were delivered - coincidence, I think not :wink:

We then had a crack at doing more of the painting that had been prepped earlier in the week. Mostly around the disabled area in the East. There is also going to be some work done on refreshing/renewing the anti slip paint on the steps (the white with yellow corners) over the next week or so.

Some pics below. You can see the trench laid to accomodate the new LED boards. You might also be able to see that the first row of seats in the FF has been removed to allow better sightlines over these new boards. Work will also be completed in the disabled area there too.

There are about 60 contractors in the West just now working on the refit, as well as a lot of work being done by the grounds staff on the relaid pitch (which looks great).

The staff who worked in the West have all decanted to the South, I am not sure if thats permanent, but the offices are large and (I think) bigger than their previous home in a corner of the West.

Overall a very good, interesting and satisfying day - all the staff I met (Garry O Hagan, Neil on the maintenance staff, and of course Kieran Power) were welcoming and helpful.

I hope to get back tomorrow..........still want to finish painting that section of railings !

Image quality isnt great, had to do as screen grabs as the photo size was too large......

Well done and great effort!! I assume our capacity will now be reduced?

green day
15-06-2022, 04:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Uyyd1A7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6OXIVKO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vyTl6Fj.jpg

G15 Hibs
15-06-2022, 04:05 PM
Well done to the folks who've volunteered for this. Reading the posts has made me feel a wee bit jealous and if I was available during the week, and lived closer, I'd have definitely been up for this. Amidst everything that goes on, Easter Road always has a wee bit magic about it even (or maybe especially) when there's no game on.

green day
15-06-2022, 04:08 PM
Well done and great effort!! I assume our capacity will now be reduced?

Bigger photos attached above.

Presumably, yes - its basically row A in the FF thats been removed so the seating starts at row B now.

eta - you can see in the larger photo the new paint and the old on railings, this is in East disabled area.

Keith_M
15-06-2022, 04:55 PM
Well done to the folks who've volunteered for this. Reading the posts has made me feel a wee bit jealous and if I was available during the week, and lived closer, I'd have definitely been up for this. Amidst everything that goes on, Easter Road always has a wee bit magic about it even (or maybe especially) when there's no game on.

Same here.

Zondervan
15-06-2022, 09:00 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Uyyd1A7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6OXIVKO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vyTl6Fj.jpg

Someone has stolen the dug-outs as well!

04Sauzee
15-06-2022, 09:06 PM
Someone has stolen the dug-outs as well!

Sure I read they were removed for the queen concert and will be going back in

green day
15-06-2022, 09:56 PM
Sure I read they were removed for the queen concert and will be going back in

That's spot on

.Sean.
16-06-2022, 01:02 AM
Bottle green seats would be smart as and a huge improvement. Would probably cost a small fortune however

Forza Fred
16-06-2022, 03:52 AM
Don’t see what there is to moan about the idea.

If it’s not for you, then don’t do it.

Those that do though will probably look back with pride that they contributed in some small way to the club they support and be buoyed by it.

My local golf club has a similar scheme, and there are no shortage of retired golfers carrying out various small jobs.

If they ever stopped it, and simply paid a contractor, the volunteer team would be heartbroken.

GreenCastle
16-06-2022, 06:40 AM
A wee report from today.

See photos in post below.

Great update. Thanks for posting.

Looks like the front wall is away in South lower too or is it just FF lower ?

On a side note - has anyone seen the video on YouTube of x2 guys getting into the stadium few weeks ago - running across the pitch and sitting on the roof of the East stand ?!!

green day
16-06-2022, 07:26 AM
Great update. Thanks for posting.

Looks like the front wall is away in South lower too or is it just FF lower ?

On a side note - has anyone seen the video on YouTube of x2 guys getting into the stadium few weeks ago - running across the pitch and sitting on the roof of the East stand ?!!

Yes, I think so - it had a pretty much identical wall to the FF.

tamig
17-06-2022, 05:31 PM
Start of the Volunteer Programme.

https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=25942&d=1655130674

https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=25943&d=1

Big thanks to the volunteers that supported the Operations team today to kick start improvements and make a massive difference.

Contact me on [email protected] if you wish to help at any time.

I wish that dent in the canopy behind the FF would get sorted. Or just take the thing down. Been like that for years now.

madsen5
17-06-2022, 05:39 PM
Interesting. Given the amount of kids etc... that hang about there, I wonder if it'll cause any issues.

I might to see the game if it keeps the kids from Standing
At the front. It's OK now and again but has
Been getting out of hand last few games.

Ringothedog
17-06-2022, 07:26 PM
Bigger photos attached above.

Presumably, yes - its basically row A in the FF thats been removed so the seating starts at row B now.

eta - you can see in the larger photo the new paint and the old on railings, this is in East disabled area.

Excellent, my seat is in front of the disabled. Good to know it will look great for my return

Since452
17-06-2022, 08:03 PM
Is the strip of astro between the stand and grass being replaced? Was looking very tatty.

Tommy75
17-06-2022, 08:17 PM

Out of interest, anyone know why the wall has been swapped for a railing?

green day
17-06-2022, 10:11 PM
Is the strip of astro between the stand and grass being replaced? Was looking very tatty.

Yep

Out of interest, anyone know why the wall has been swapped for a railing?

Works for installation of LED boards meant wall had to come down, sightlines improved by removing wall and replacing with new rail.

Loopz
27-06-2022, 01:41 PM
Slow day today, only 3 volunteers and one of them was a guy who normally visits Ibrox as a stadium. Still plenty painting to do if anyone has spare time.

Power
09-06-2023, 12:08 PM
𝗩𝗼𝗹𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘂𝗽 𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗥𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆, supporting the operations team and contractors.

We have a 9-day window for this years volunteering programme(between 9am-4pm)

✳️ Sat 1st July
✳️ Sun 2nd July
✳️ Mon 3rd July
✳️ Tues 4th July
✳️ Wed 5th July
✳️ Thurs 6th July
✳️ Friday 7th July
✳️ Sat 8th July
✳️ Sun 9th July

https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=26867&stc=1&d=1686312426

If free and interested to help, contact me at [email protected]

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2023, 01:07 PM
Please just pay professionals Hibs ffs. Club generates millions and is needing free labour.

Billy Whizz
09-06-2023, 01:11 PM
Please just pay professionals Hibs ffs. Club generates millions and is needing free labour.

Some fans like to do bits and pieces for their club, especially if they have time on their hands
I did a few days, in the past

RMQ1967
09-06-2023, 01:24 PM
Some fans like to do bits and pieces for their club, especially if they have time on their hands
I did a few days, in the past

Yeah I'd love to be in a position to assist around the club & to meet people get into areas of the stadium you wouldn't normally see.

Don't know why anyone would have an issue with other people wanting to get involved. Great initiative by the club 👍

Dublin07
09-06-2023, 01:27 PM

Valuable experience for some people in the journey to work. Can also benefit folks physical and mental health. It’s not instead of professionals it’s to work along side them.

Power
09-06-2023, 02:02 PM

We have a dedicated operations and maintenance team, including contractors brought in to do specific pieces of work. This opening is to allow the opportunity for those that wish to help for a variety of reasons.

The club receives volunteering requests throughout the football season, either through myself, Operations department or sometimes Hibernian Community Foundation, but the summer break gives a better opportunity to coordinate it efficiently.

wookie70
09-06-2023, 02:27 PM

I volunteer quite a bit of time to the Community Foundation. I think I get at least as much out of sharing my time and skills as they do. I like being inside the ground even when Hibs aren't playing. For some unknown reason, given results over the last 50 years, it is a happy place and somewhere that just makes my wellbeing better. We may be a professional outfit owned by millionaire owners but that is secondary to us being a club, family and community as far as I am concerned.

.Sean.
09-06-2023, 02:33 PM
Kind of agree with this. Wee things like the paint on the steps in the East looks atrocious and would have been far tidier had an actual painter done it

Ringothedog
09-06-2023, 02:36 PM
It’s a great initiative and when I retire I will be more than happy to get out the house and support my club and meet fellow Hibees.

zitelli62
09-06-2023, 02:39 PM
I volunteer quite a bit of time to the Community Foundation. I think I get at least as much out of sharing my time and skills as they do. I like being inside the ground even when Hibs aren't playing. For some unknown reason given results over the last 50 years it is a happy place and somewhere that just makes my wellbeing better. We may be a professional outfit owner by millionaire owners but that is secondary to us being a club, family and community as far as I am concerned.

Unfortunately I can't volunteer due to heavy work burden in the summer but otherwise I would as I love being inside Easter Road as it just feels like home to me such an emotional place to me knowing people who are no longer here were with me in the stadium watching some great results with me over the years even driving by the stadium puts a smile on my face no professional brought in will ever have that attachment.

Big_Franck
09-06-2023, 02:42 PM
Yeah I'd love to be in a position to assist around the club & to meet people get into areas of the stadium you wouldn't normally see.

Don't know why anyone would have an issue with other people wanting to get involved. Great initiative by the club 👍

Some people are just miserable and can't help themselves.

Glad to see the club is offering this opportunity to fans again this summer.

Brooster
09-06-2023, 02:50 PM

Take a day off ffs.

CentreLine
09-06-2023, 02:55 PM
I volunteered for one of these projects a couple of years back. Thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend the experience in interacting with the club in a meaningful way.
Fill yer boots hibees.

Since452
09-06-2023, 02:56 PM
Glad the club are continuing with this. Brilliant Idea and helps the fans feel involved.

Bridge hibs
09-06-2023, 03:02 PM
Glad the club are continuing with this. Brilliant Idea and helps the fans feel involved.

Im going to volunteer to line the pitch, Im absolute **** at following straight lines but hey why not, I will also have a go at painting the steps, Im colourblind and have bilateral hand tremors but **** it, I will give it a go 😀

Ringothedog
09-06-2023, 03:03 PM
It’s a great initiative and when I retire I will be more than happy to get out the house and support my club and meet fellow Hibees.

09-06-2023, 04:51 PM
Great initiative Hibs. This is not about the club putting out a begging bowl or asking you to do a bake sale because some dodgy Russian/Lithuanian businessman has bleed the club dry and on the point of liquidation. This is a community club engaging with its supporters. For some going through a hard time with mental health or family bereavement this could be the spark that helps them through. Positively engaging with good Hibs people who want to engage with their club I can see no wrong in. In the same way the community foundation are rolling out hundreds of free meals to those who need most.

But hey ho there will always be those who will try and see a negative when it’s not there.

09-06-2023, 04:55 PM
Great initiative Hibs. This is not about the club putting out a begging bowl or asking you to do a bake sale because some dodgy Russian/Lithuanian businessman has bleed the club dry and on the point of liquidation. This is a community club engaging with its supporters. For some going through a hard time with mental health or family bereavement this could be the spark that helps them through. Positively engaging with good Hibs people who want to engage with their club I can see no wrong in. In the same way the community foundation are rolling out hundreds of free meals to those who need most.

But hey ho there will always be those who will try and see a negative when it’s not there.

Wholeheartedly agree. The level of negativity of some folk never ceases to amaze me.

gbhibby
09-06-2023, 04:58 PM
As long as I don't have to clean the solar panels😁

wookie70
09-06-2023, 08:08 PM

Spot on. This is more about connecting than it is getting jobs done on the cheap

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2023, 09:22 PM
Take a day off ffs.

Christ, that's ironic. You're one of the biggest blethers on here.

NAE NOOKIE
09-06-2023, 11:28 PM

Aye but in this case the 'blether' has a point. This gives folk who want to contribute a bit more to 'their' club a chance to do so. They will no doubt be painting the odd rail, pulling out weeds and washing down seats etc, it's not exactly replacing the floodlights or putting a new roof on the east stand.

Maybe it does save Hibs having to pay to have these basic things done, but it does create connections with the fans as well, so I fail to see how anybody can seriously moan about it. Besides, when you see the state of some grounds in our top two leagues we aren't the only club who should be running an initiative like this.

PatHead
10-06-2023, 07:03 AM
Aye but in this case the 'blether' has a point. This gives folk who want to contribute a bit more to 'their' club a chance to do so. They will no doubt be painting the odd rail, pulling out weeds and washing down seats etc, it's not exactly replacing the floodlights or putting a new roof on the east stand.

Maybe it does save Hibs having to pay to have these basic things done, but it does create connections with the fans as well, so I fail to see how anybody can seriously moan about it. Besides, when you see the state of some grounds in our top two leagues we aren't the only club who should be running an initiative like this.

What's wrong with the floodlights and the roof on the East Stand?

green day
10-06-2023, 08:42 AM
Did this last year, great initiative and KP and the team look after you with lunch, drinks etc.

Maybe a wee bit more direction, for the odd overzealous volunteer, on the correct paint to use on steps etc wouldnt go amiss :greengrin

But overall it was a great few days and it was also good to see what the club was doing over the summer (loads as it happens - last summer was the full West hospitality refit, pitch re sown, LED boards work etc etc).

Anyone thinking this is the club "doing things on the cheap" is just looking for a moan - its about fan engagement and feeling like you are doing something in your own small way.

I would encourage anyone with a few days free to go for it.

Oscar T Grouch
10-06-2023, 09:02 AM

The truth is, it’s probably easier for the club to do that. Just hire a contractor to do these jobs. But they’ve listened to the fans who want to help and started this initiative which has proved really popular. Don’t know if you’ve read the thread but those that have volunteered in the past loved it, it made them feel they’re doing something for the club they love. You post lacks empathy and understanding. Maybe just because you see something one way it doesn’t necessarily mean other see it the same way.

Lendo
10-06-2023, 09:36 AM

Generates millions? Didn’t we make a loss last year?

Pretty Boy
10-06-2023, 09:40 AM
Helped out previously and enjoyed it.

If it's not for you then fine, it's not obligatory. It's not any kind of major building work or heavy duty housekeeping. It's power washing walls, mopping floors, sticking new numbers on seats and the like. Last time I was involved we got plentiful cups of tea and pies for lunch too. Good to muck in and meet other Hibs fans.

I'd get the objections if this was a request for painters, electricians and joiners to work for free on major projects but it's odd jobs and the kind of things Hibs get offers of help with all year round.

tamig
10-06-2023, 10:12 AM

Some just can’t help themselves unfortunately. Any excuse.

HFC93
10-06-2023, 10:34 AM

Has to be comfortably one of the most miserable posters on here which takes some beating.

MWHIBBIES
10-06-2023, 12:23 PM
Has to be comfortably one of the most miserable posters on here which takes some beating.

I'm really not. I just think Hibs should be getting in professionals to do this kinda work. That's all.

Fair play to those that want to and do volunteer. Not a big unpaid labour fan myself.

green day
10-06-2023, 01:34 PM
I'm really not. I just think Hibs should be getting in professionals to do this kinda work. That's all.

Fair play to those that want to and do volunteer. Not a big unpaid labour fan myself.

Its called volunteering, no different from those who give up a few hours to help out St Columbas Hospice etc.

Since90+2
10-06-2023, 02:40 PM
Its called volunteering, no different from those who give up a few hours to help out St Columbas Hospice etc.

The fact you need need to explain this is astounding.

Brightside
10-06-2023, 02:54 PM

Always a weird take on this. Lots of people enjoy the days and get loads out of it.

Hibs90
10-06-2023, 02:57 PM
I heard you get 10 loyalty points for every stair painted.

wookie70
10-06-2023, 05:54 PM

Neither am I when it comes to things like internships etc but this isn't really like a company trying to get labour on the cheap. This is a community trying to create a win/win

MWHIBBIES
10-06-2023, 06:53 PM
The fact you need need to explain this is astounding.

Okay. I fully understand volunteering. It is still Hibs getting fans to maintain their stadium for nothing regardless of how much they enjoy it etc.

I'm glad so many enjoy it. Hibs are a big company making a lot of money with very rich owners. Should, at the very least, be giving the volunteers shirts or vouchers or something imo. It is quite different from people helping the heath service or charities etc imo.

CapitalGreen
10-06-2023, 06:59 PM
Okay. I fully understand volunteering. It is still Hibs getting fans to maintain their stadium for nothing regardless of how much they enjoy it etc.

I'm glad so many enjoy it. Hibs are a big company making a lot of money with very rich owners. Should, at the very least, be giving the volunteers shirts or vouchers or something imo. It is quite different from people helping the heath service or charities etc imo.

Hibs are fulfilling requests from fans who want to do things, they are not relying on fans to do things. If nobody volunteered, the work would still get done.

Newhaven
10-06-2023, 07:47 PM

Do you honestly think this?

MWHIBBIES
10-06-2023, 10:34 PM
Do you honestly think this?

It's a fact. Hibs do make millions. They also spend millions. Literally closed a 2 million pound deal today.

Our owners are worth many millions.

WeeRussell
10-06-2023, 11:34 PM
I'm glad so many enjoy it.

Could probably have just left it there and saved some face.

Allant1981
11-06-2023, 06:14 AM

When you have to try and be correct and right about every single thing you post I'd imagine it's quite hard! As others have said, think it's a great idea. Let's the fans get a bit more involved with the club if they want

marinello59
11-06-2023, 06:22 AM
When you have to try and be correct and right about every single thing you post I'd imagine it's quite hard! As others have said, think it's a great idea. Let's the fans get a bit more involved with the club if they want

I think it’s a terrible idea.

‘Where have you been all day?’

‘Nipped down to Easter Road and did a wee bit of painting’

‘ Well tomorrow you can start using the paint you bought two years ago for the kitchen’

Allant1981
11-06-2023, 06:23 AM
I think it’s a terrible idea.

‘Where have you been all day?’

‘Nipped down to Easter Road and did a wee bit of painting’

‘ Well tomorrow you can start using the paint you bought two years ago for the kitchen’

Why are you with my mrs🤣🤣

Brooster
11-06-2023, 06:30 AM

You are deluded mate, you're lucky if I post twice a week. Nowhere near the constant, arrogant trash you continually post.

McSwanky
11-06-2023, 06:51 AM
Great initiative, well done to Hibs for keeping this going. And thank you to all the volunteers who take part [emoji106]

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

EVENTUALLY
11-06-2023, 07:10 AM
You are deluded mate, you're lucky if I post twice a week. Nowhere near the constant, arrogant trash you continually post.

Smartie
11-06-2023, 07:26 AM

I know a few people who have helped out at East End Park over the years.

They’re mainly older, retired guys.

In no way do they “need” the money but they’ve got days to fill, a desire to feel useful, a lifelong bond with their club and the odd skill.

Money isn’t anywhere near being of interest to them as being able to help in other ways.

In many ways it could be said that Hibs are doing the volunteers more of a favour by allowing them to help that the other way round. I expect these fans will have pumped cash into Hibs over the years and will be more likely to continue to do so off the back of this venture.

The wee bit of food provided is a nice touch and also practical.

Pedantic_Hibee
11-06-2023, 07:28 AM

Game. Set. Match.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2023, 07:54 AM

I do love my fans.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2023, 08:07 AM

Oh god, I didn't save face on an internet forum, the horror.

It's amazing how many people feel the need to explain volunteering to me, as if it's some new concept. You can fully understand something and still disagree with it.

I am really glad the Hibs fans who do this enjoy it. I have worked at Easter road, on the big screen installation, as part of my job. It was absolutely brilliant. I would not have done it for nothing.

Volunteering to help those in need with a local charity or a part of the health service etc is different to volunteering to paint the steps of a business worth millions imo. It's essentially maintenance on Hibs property for free. And Hibs pay pretty poor wages already for the trades they employ.

I know I'm going against the .net echo chamber here, which usually gets you labeled a troll, an idiot or a yam, but it's just my thoughts on it. Don't really think I'm being unreasonable.

I'll say again I am genuinely glad the Hibs fans want to do it and get so much from it. They are a credit to the club and Hibs are lucky to have them. If it helps the mental and physical health of the Hibs fans, that's great.

JimBHibees
11-06-2023, 08:27 AM
Huge benefits to the club to create the environment for fans to actively contribute to the club. Very positive engagement piece for the club, community engagement and the fans as individuals. Great initiative imo.

Since90+2
11-06-2023, 09:16 AM
Oh god, I didn't save face on an internet forum, the horror.

It's amazing how many people feel the need to explain volunteering to me, as if it's some new concept. You can fully understand something and still disagree with it.

I am really glad the Hibs fans who do this enjoy it. I have worked at Easter road, on the big screen installation, as part of my job. It was absolutely brilliant. I would not have done it for nothing.

Volunteering to help those in need with a local charity or a part of the health service etc is different to volunteering to paint the steps of a business worth millions imo. It's essentially maintenance on Hibs property for free. And Hibs pay pretty poor wages already for the trades they employ.

I know I'm going against the .net echo chamber here, which usually gets you labeled a troll, an idiot or a yam, but it's just my thoughts on it. Don't really think I'm being unreasonable.

I'll say again I am genuinely glad the Hibs fans want to do it and get so much from it. They are a credit to the club and Hibs are lucky to have them. If it helps the mental and physical health of the Hibs fans, that's great.

You really could start an argument in an empty hoose.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2023, 11:01 AM
You really could start an argument in an empty hoose.

Not at all. Put my points across, not arguing, understanding of the other side. Daft comments like yours are what causes arguments.

WeeRussell
11-06-2023, 11:09 AM
Gonna be a long pre-season.

Just Alf
11-06-2023, 01:21 PM
Every penny saved on painting a handrail or whatever is an extra penny.towards the playing side of.the equation

A Hi-Bee
11-06-2023, 03:29 PM
Now there wis me thinking that most folks can do what they wish as long as its lawful, without being chasticed for it, and volunteering for something can be a great way for many people to get out and meet with other like minded individuals. So its just as well the un-likeminded ones stay away. also heard that lots of freebies are being arranged for the ones who wish to volunteer to help.
:aok:

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2023, 06:28 AM
Now there wis me thinking that most folks can do what they wish as long as its lawful, without being chasticed for it, and volunteering for something can be a great way for many people to get out and meet with other like minded individuals. So its just as well the un-likeminded ones stay away. also heard that lots of freebies are being arranged for the ones who wish to volunteer to help.
:aok:
Did you actually read my posts? I said absolutely nothing about folk not being able to do what they want. For the 8th time, I'm glad people enjoy it.

CapitalGreen
12-06-2023, 07:09 AM
Did you actually read my posts? I said absolutely nothing about folk not being able to do what they want. For the 8th time, I'm glad people enjoy it.

You’re glad they enjoy it but you’d rather they were denied the opportunity to enjoy it. Have I got that correct?

DIXIHIBS
12-06-2023, 08:04 AM
You’re glad they enjoy it but you’d rather they were denied the opportunity to enjoy it. Have I got that correct?

Game. Set. Match....again😀

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2023, 09:17 AM

Eh, not really. I disagree with it, I think Hibs should be getting professionals in to maintain the stadium, but I don't grudge the people who disagree with me a good time. If they enjoy it and it works well, great.

I am able to understand and appreciate different opinions, unlike the many who have just tried to insult me in replies here.

Brooster
12-06-2023, 10:16 AM
I don't know if I can take much more of this.

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2023, 11:14 AM
I don't know if I can take much more of this.

Are you okay mate?

EVENTUALLY
12-06-2023, 11:26 AM
Eh, not really. I disagree with it, I think Hibs should be getting professionals in to maintain the stadium, but I don't grudge the people who disagree with me a good time. If they enjoy it and it works well, great.

I am able to understand and appreciatedifferent opinions, unlike the many who have just tried to insult me in replies here.

You actually struggle very badly with this. Woe bi tide anyone who expresses a different view to yours of for instance Christian Doidge. You relentlessly batter back at posters who like me do not rate him one iota. You love him and I hink he is s%#¥× and you cannot comprehend that, never mind appreciate it.

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2023, 11:52 AM
You actually struggle very badly with this. Woe bi tide anyone who expresses a different view to yours of for instance Christian Doidge. You relentlessly batter back at posters who like me do not rate him one iota. You love him and I hink he is s%#¥× and you cannot comprehend that, never mind appreciate it.

I really don't, though. I disagree with people, yes. I don't post pish like "take a day off" in reply to valid points. That adds absolutely nothing.

I've been quite happy to debate on this thread with those capable of doing so, no different that I would about Doidge. I respect plenty of opinions on here despite disagreeing. Saying a player is pish isn't really much of an opinion. If you said that about Doidge, I probably did seem dismissive. If you posted that he is poor at x and y, and we could get better, sure, that's actually worth something.

Fwiw, I think Doidge got ruined a bit by COVID and injury. Was excellent for Hibs before that. Not good enough anymore.

Thread turned into a bit of a shambles so probably best left there.

EVENTUALLY
12-06-2023, 12:23 PM
I really don't, though. I disagree with people, yes. I don't post pish like "take a day off" in reply to valid points. That adds absolutely nothing.

I've been quite happy to debate on this thread with those capable of doing so, no different that I would about Doidge. I respect plenty of opinions on here despite disagreeing. Saying a player is pish isn't really much of an opinion. If you said that about Doidge, I probably did seem dismissive. If you posted that he is poor at x and y, and we could get better, sure, that's actually worth something.

Fwiw, I think Doidge got ruined a bit by COVID and injury. Was excellent for Hibs before that. Not good enough anymore.

Concession accepted.

WeeRussell
12-06-2023, 12:35 PM

I’ll be (pleasantly) amazed.

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2023, 12:47 PM
:faf:

sauzeelegod
12-06-2023, 01:40 PM

This

sauzeelegod
12-06-2023, 01:46 PM

This

Alex Trager
12-06-2023, 01:46 PM
This

MW’s tagteam partner bounces into the dormant ring out of nowhere!

‘This fight’s going nowhere’

I’m sure someone who has a much better awareness of all things wrestling can provide a better more accurate comment to ascribe to this situation.