PDA

View Full Version : Endless season

pollution
02-06-2022, 05:56 PM
Is it just me or is this season ever going to end ? We no longer have a closed season it appears, with the next Euro qualifiers coming up.

Whatever happened to the summer break: maybe I am out of touch but I've had it up to here football wise.

Northernhibee
02-06-2022, 06:00 PM
It's been an emotionally draining season that felt like it would never end - I'm hoping LJ gets off to a good start as I'm sure we'll all feel re-energised if that's the case.

Eyrie
02-06-2022, 06:09 PM
The season has been over since 15 May, and the next one only starts on 9 July.

Since452
02-06-2022, 06:25 PM
Is it just me or is this season ever going to end ? We no longer have a closed season it appears, with the next Euro qualifiers coming up.

Whatever happened to the summer break: maybe I am out of touch but I've had it up to here football wise.

Share your thoughts. Becoming draining. Could barely muster any enthusiasm for last night.

wallpaperman
02-06-2022, 09:50 PM
I know a semi pro player in the lower divisions, he’s already been on his holidays and back, think pre-season starts for them in a couple of weeks.

Stubbsy90+2
02-06-2022, 09:52 PM
I know a semi pro player in the lower divisions, he’s already been on his holidays and back, think pre-season starts for them in a couple of weeks.

I know of an EOS team that are starting pre season 19 June. Keep in mind that they pretty much only earn expenses for playing and it’s utterly ridiculous.

Pagan Hibernia
02-06-2022, 10:28 PM
Barely watched any football since the Scottish cup final.

couldn’t even be arsed with the CL final or the Scotland game

J-C
02-06-2022, 10:30 PM
So when do the guys away on international duty get their overdue holidays?

hibee-boys
03-06-2022, 07:18 AM
Tuned into the Scotland game given the importance of it but doubt I’ll be that bothered watching the upcoming games, don’t even know who we’re playing……..and what for🤷🏼

Jones28
03-06-2022, 07:49 AM
Totally over saturated.

norhfc
03-06-2022, 08:20 AM
Was thinking the same, when does Andy Robertson for example get a summer holiday. These upcoming Scotland games are of no interest to the majority of fans yet they play them in the middle of the summer. Feel for the players, wonder if we,ll see a rotation system in place. No idea the dates or who we,re playing either.

McD
03-06-2022, 08:29 AM
Was thinking the same, when does Andy Robertson for example get a summer holiday. These upcoming Scotland games are of no interest to the majority of fans yet they play them in the middle of the summer. Feel for the players, wonder if we,ll see a rotation system in place. No idea the dates or who we,re playing either.

and then the media will be all over those players for not being up to their usual standards when the new season starts, conveniently forgetting they’ve barely had a week off

CL0762
03-06-2022, 08:30 AM

The final Scotland nations league game is the 14th of June. We’re back for pre season on the 18th of June.

Absolute pisstake. No wonder people are becoming less interested in the game, it’s everywhere all the time now. Baring in mind traditionally we would be in the middle of a World Cup too.

The dalmeny
03-06-2022, 08:36 AM

yet here you are posting on a football forum.

Since452
03-06-2022, 08:47 AM
After our car crash season, Hearts in the Scottish cup final and Rangers in the European one i was drained after worrying the worst could happen. Thankfully it didn't but i seriously need a break from football to reset. This season has been an absolute slog for a variety of reasons and if i'm honest i just need away from it for a while.

theonlywayisup
04-06-2022, 07:41 AM

Yes, I'm with you on this one.

After Wednesday night, I've now lost any interest in football until the pre-season games start and I'll start to become interested again. Love Scotland, but I've no interest in the games against Armenia and Republic of Ireland, especially as the games are now on Premier Sports.

I feel I need a break from watching and reading about football, with the exception of Hibs.net of course. :greengrin

neil7908
04-06-2022, 07:52 AM
Not healthy for the players. Andy Robertson is still going - no way it can be good for him physically and mentally to play this many games.

Tommy75
04-06-2022, 09:36 AM
Not healthy for the players. Andy Robertson is still going - no way it can be good for him physically and mentally to play this many games.

Sorry but the guy is paid over 100k per week to play football. Not denying there will be physical and mental demands on him but if he finds that difficult I wonder how he'd cope knocking his pan in for 40hrs a week on minimum wage and struggle to make ends meet.

JimBHibees
04-06-2022, 10:12 AM
So when do the guys away on international duty get their overdue holidays?

The 2 weeks after their last game on the 14th. Assume there will have been a few arrangements made with some of the players re particularly the Armenia game away.

Since452
04-06-2022, 12:27 PM
Sorry but the guy is paid over 100k per week to play football. Not denying there will be physical and mental demands on him but if he finds that difficult I wonder how he'd cope knocking his pan in for 40hrs a week on minimum wage and struggle to make ends meet.

Yup. My heart doesn't exactly bleed for him.

chrisski33
04-06-2022, 12:30 PM

Obviously your not a football fan or choose another sport! Bet you would complain if there was no football on now!

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2022, 01:48 PM

How would you like it if he was a plumber and never fitted your taps properly, flooded your house and ruined your carpets through tierdness?

Since452
04-06-2022, 02:07 PM
Obviously your not a football fan or choose another sport! Bet you would complain if there was no football on now!

That's a good point. Other than Hibs and wanting Hearts and Rangers to get beat I care very little about football. In fact I probably don't like it in all honesty. If Hibs ceased to exist tomorrow I wouldn't watch any football.

MKHIBEE
04-06-2022, 02:14 PM
That's a good point. Other than Hibs and wanting Hearts and Rangers to get beat I care very little about football. In fact I probably don't like it in all honesty. If Hibs ceased to exist tomorrow I wouldn't watch any football.

Not much different from last season then.

HoboHarry
04-06-2022, 02:17 PM
Seriously? I can only imagine you've never seriously played a sport in your life. The amount of the paycheck is irrelevant - the human body has limitations and neither Andy Robertson or anyone else can continue to perform at elite level without some rest and healing time for the body.

davy67 +
04-06-2022, 02:37 PM
It’s not just football though is it that seems to go on for ever ? We’re into June and they’re still playing rugby union and that’s before summer tours , cricket in one form or another goes on all year round now , in my opinion that’s why there’s as many injuries especially in cricket, the body needs a rest at some point . I guess money and TV is one of the reasons for it , sports need to generate cash to keep them going , I can’t see it changing anytime soon

mjhibby
04-06-2022, 05:59 PM
After our car crash season, Hearts in the Scottish cup final and Rangers in the European one i was drained after worrying the worst could happen. Thankfully it didn't but i seriously need a break from football to reset. This season has been an absolute slog for a variety of reasons and if i'm honest i just need away from it for a while.

Totally agree. Just constant football. Definetely need a few weeks break from it and a bit of sun on my back. Im sure covid didnt help and hopefully we come back recharged whenever the new season starts. Till then no interest in meaningless internationals or friendlies.

jgl07
04-06-2022, 07:05 PM
Seriously? I can only imagine you've never seriously played a sport in your life. The amount of the paycheck is irrelevant - the human body has limitations and neither Andy Robertson or anyone else can continue to perform at elite level without some rest and healing time for the body.
If Andy Robertson is being overplayed, it has to be down to Klopp. Liverpool have a big enough squad to rotate but Klopp sometimes chooses not to. He burned out the first team players at Dortmund in his last season there. Liverpool have played 62 matches this season. Robertson missed very few matches for Liverpool other than three games out with suspension.

Looking at the matches played, his game time was not actually unreasonable for someone at the peak of his career.

McD
04-06-2022, 07:46 PM
If Andy Robertson is being overplayed, it has to be down to Klopp. Liverpool have a big enough squad to rotate but Klopp sometimes chooses not to. He burned out the first team players at Dortmund in his last season there. Liverpool have played 62 matches this season. Robertson missed very few matches for Liverpool other than three games out with suspension.

Looking at the matches played, his game time was not actually unreasonable for someone at the peak of his career.

it’s not just the volume of games though, with the season being so long, he has to train, prepare for matches etc. his body and mind aren’t getting a chance to rest and recuperate.

he’ll not finish this season until some teams will be back after their break between seasons. The reason for that has bugger all to do with Klopp and everything to do with FIFA and UEFA scheduling matches in the summer (the Ukraine match is the exception due to the war). No need for these nations league matches to be on now, and for 3 of them to happen in 6 days is bordering on reckless in regards to player welfare at this time of the year.

its not just Robertson either, all the players will be exhausted

J-C
05-06-2022, 06:47 AM

A lot to be said about Klopp and his burning out of players, the last 3-4 games of the season Liverpool looked very jaded, he does like to play with the same 14-15 players most games.

McD
05-06-2022, 07:18 AM
From what I’ve read, most England players looked tired and jaded in their game, with another 3 matches to go before their season ends