PDA

View Full Version : Players released

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2022, 12:09 PM
Allan & Wright away, as are Loanees Bushiri, Scott and Sylvester

Northernhibee
02-06-2022, 12:12 PM
The correct decision re: Scotty but still a tough one to stomach.

Wish all five the very best for the future.

Cuikyhibs
02-06-2022, 12:15 PM
gutted about Scott Allan but i think its the right decision:boo hoo:

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2022, 12:16 PM
The correct decision re: Scotty but still a tough one to stomach.

Wish all five the very best for the future.

Yep agree

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2022, 12:18 PM
Loved Scotty, but it is the right decision, the rest no brainers for me.

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2022, 12:23 PM
Loved Scotty, but it is the right decision, the rest no brainers for me.

Obviously other's going who were out on loan, I expected more of a cull to be honest

Northernhibee
02-06-2022, 12:25 PM
Gogic, Murphy and Innes Murray too.

Still think Gogic was a useful squad player tbh.

DaveF
Obviously other going who were out on loan, I expected more of a cull to be honest

Maybe now negotiating some mutual consents and those could take time.

Alex Trager
Obviously other's going who were out on loan, I expected more of a cull to be honest

Can still happen but they guys were out of contract

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2022, 12:26 PM
Maybe now negotiating some mutual consents and those could take time.

True, good point

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2022, 12:26 PM
Obviously other going who were out on loan, I expected more of a cull to be honest
There still might be, probably negotiations still going on with a few?

I agree, there are still a few i'd like rid of, but they will need to be paid off.

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2022, 12:32 PM

I agree, there are still a few i'd like rid of, but they will need to be paid off.

Yeah a few have said, I never gave that a thought, too busy not celebrating the jubilee, head mashed:greengrin

Col2
02-06-2022, 12:34 PM
All those released make sense. Wish them all the best and maybe they can come back to the club in a coaching role 👀😉

Seriously though we need the space for the 6 or so additions we will bring in.

Sir David Gray
02-06-2022, 12:40 PM
So now as things stand we have a first team squad of;

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Clarke
Cadden
Stevenson
Delferriere
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Kenneh
Mackay

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen

04Sauzee
02-06-2022, 12:48 PM

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Clarke
Cadden
Stevenson
Delferriere
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Kenneh
Mackay

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen

Steven Bradley? Not sure if he will be seen as development team. Same as Hauge and Delferriere who were brought in for our u23's Development team

Hermit Crab
02-06-2022, 12:50 PM

Mind some players will be away on holiday still.

Sir David Gray
02-06-2022, 12:51 PM
Steven Bradley? Not sure if he will be seen as development team. Same as Hauge and Delferriere who were brought in for our u23's Development team

Just meant for the start of the season, I believe Bradley is on loan at Dundalk until November.

Hermit Crab
02-06-2022, 12:52 PM

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Clarke
Cadden
Stevenson
Delferriere
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Kenneh
Mackay

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen

Ones in bold can go too IMO.

04Sauzee
02-06-2022, 12:52 PM
Just meant for the start of the season, I believe Bradley is on loan at Dundalk until November.

Forgot about that tbh , not sure if there was a recall clause in the summer ?

Sir David Gray
02-06-2022, 01:00 PM

I know we've had this discussion before but Henderson, Doyle Hayes, Newell and Campbell are all under contract for another 3 years, I can't see any of them leaving this summer unless a team wants to buy them.

Blaster
02-06-2022, 01:07 PM
Best wishes to all the players but particularly to Scott Allan who was a joy to watch in many games. My wife has the same health condition as Scott and, appreciating there are varying levels, I know how restrictive it can be.

B.H.F.C
02-06-2022, 01:11 PM
I know we've had this discussion before but Henderson, Doyle Hayes, Newell and Campbell are all under contract for another 3 years, I can't see any of them leaving this summer unless a team wants to buy them.

Possibility of a loan. Most likely Campbell I’d say. Don’t think we have the room to keep them all around so we’ll need to do something.

Stubbsy90+2
02-06-2022, 01:24 PM
Possibility of a loan. Most likely Campbell I’d say. Don’t think we have the room to keep them all around so we’ll need to do something.

JDH is still young enough that loaning him out could be of some benefit.

Tambo
02-06-2022, 01:30 PM
Time for another fresh start, the fact the LJ has watched a few games before and done his homework is a good sign.

He will know where to improve.

Since452
02-06-2022, 01:35 PM
Yup, agree with those released and those returning to their parent clubs. Big thanks to Scott Allan who was an absolute joy to watch on his day. All the best.

Since452
02-06-2022, 01:37 PM

I don't disagree.

Unseen work
02-06-2022, 01:48 PM
Really think we’ll regret not signing Jasper, think his potential is absolutely massive but I suppose it depends on how much the fee was.

I suppose the good thing is Johnson clearly wants specific players to play his system and for them to do it a certain way.

I imagine this proves if the manager doesn’t want them the board won’t force it on him.

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2022, 01:55 PM
Shame about Scott Allan, but hardly unexpected. As for the rest never saw enough from any of them to say we couldn't replace them with better and in a couple of cases, a lot better.

ekhibee
02-06-2022, 01:59 PM
Like some others on here I'm quite impressed, Johnson has obviously been doing his homework. For me there's still a few more to be let go, but there may be contract issues as some have already mentioned. It would be great if we were able to sell on 1 or 2 apart from the obvious ones, but at the moment it looks rather unlikely. Early days yet though.

hibsbollah
02-06-2022, 02:08 PM
I’m terms of pure natural talent Scott Allan is one of our top players of the last twenty? years I’d say. So unfortunate we only saw him at his best for a season or two. Great memories of some amazing slide rule passes to hold onto though.

Brightside
02-06-2022, 02:19 PM
JDH is still young enough that loaning him out could be of some benefit.

I don’t think he will go anywhere. He’s a good fit for what LJ wants. We have just been playing him wrong due to not having a natural no6.

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2022, 02:30 PM
Yeah a few have said, I never gave that a thought, too busy not celebrating the jubilee, head mashed:greengrin

I'm off to a party in 10 minutes, any excuse to not have the telly on and get pished. :greengrin

wookie70
02-06-2022, 02:32 PM
Sensible decision on all of those. I suspect Scottie may have been a decent earner and we have had very little value from that investment in the last year(nobodies fault just how it is). Wright and the loanees never looked like first team regulars to me. Hopefully we can shed a bit more squad weight over the next few weeks and teh new boss can really put his stamp on the club.

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2022, 02:33 PM

I'm off to a party in 10 minutes, any excuse to not have the telly on and get pished. :greengrin

:greengrin

Kato
02-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Loved Scotty, but it is the right decision, the rest no brainers for me.Still love him. The vision and deftness to execute some of those passes is what I pay cash to see, having been brought up watching Alex Edwards. Players like him bring beauty to the beautiful game. Felt the same when Latas left.

If seeing those passes makes you a genius then Scotty was up there.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2022, 02:37 PM
Still love him. The vision and deftness to execute some of those passes is what I pay cash to see, having been brought up watching Alex Edwards. Players like him bring beauty to the beautiful game. Felt the same when Latas left.

:agree::top marks

WeeRussell
02-06-2022, 02:40 PM
I liked Jasper and would have been happy to see him stay. But if it means the gaffer has plans to bring in a better/more complete option then no complaints.

And as per the general consensus, sad to see Allan no longer at the club. Probably my favourite player from the last 6 years or so! Wish him well for whatever’s next.

I hope it’s just the beginning of a real shake-up. SDG’s post on our squad options highlights how light we are in midfield and attack.

brog
02-06-2022, 02:45 PM
I'm really not sure there were any real decisions to be made. Effectively everyone on the list ceased to be a Hibs
Player from 31 May. Given we obviously hadn't been in contract talks with any of them, the released list was pretty much a banker. As ever I wish them all well but Scotty in particular. It was obviously a poor season for him but his cameo at St J was superb. One of the most talented players I've seen in my 6 decades of supporting Hibs.

Onceinawhile
02-06-2022, 02:51 PM
You would think Murphy and Allan would have been towards the top end of our wage scale, so hopefully a big chunk of budget available.

jacomo
02-06-2022, 04:58 PM
Really think we’ll regret not signing Jasper, think his potential is absolutely massive but I suppose it depends on how much the fee was.

I suppose the good thing is Johnson clearly wants specific players to play his system and for them to do it a certain way.

I imagine this proves if the manager doesn’t want them the board won’t force it on him.

:agree:

Especially as we hardly have any wide players in the squad.

LustForLeith
02-06-2022, 05:35 PM
All the beat to them. Felt for Drey Wright. Kicked on when given the chance.

darwenhibby
02-06-2022, 06:03 PM

So your off to celebrate the red white and blue G
Knew you were a closet
Poor Joe got hung for less

Eyrie
02-06-2022, 06:04 PM
Allan was a joy to watch so I wish him well.

cameronw-hfc
02-06-2022, 06:10 PM
Thought Drey might have been worth a one year extension. Never really got a run in the team and seemed to really turn it around under Maloney. Albeit nobody else did, but thought Drey kicked on when he got a run of games at the end of the season.

Feel for him, was poor and therefore made a scapegoat and never truly got the chance to prove anyone wrong. 20 mins here and there until Maloney gave him some gametime towards the end.

JammyDoidger
02-06-2022, 06:19 PM
Thought Drey might have been worth a one year extension. Never really got a run in the team and seemed to really turn it around under Maloney. Albeit nobody else did, but thought Drey kicked on when he got a run of games at the end of the season.

Feel for him, was poor and therefore made a scapegoat and never truly got the chance to prove anyone wrong. 20 mins here and there until Maloney gave him some gametime towards the end.

He earned a wee bit of pride back, but he was nowhere near good enough for where we need to be.

Sir David Gray
02-06-2022, 06:46 PM

Nah not for me, nowhere near good enough for where we need to be.

Smartie
02-06-2022, 11:09 PM

He was the one me player that looked better under Maloney and seemed to serve a purpose in his chosen formation.

But I find it hard to see where he would fit into most teams as I still don’t really get what he was - not a flying winger, not a striker, not a number 10, not a wingback, not a defender…

He did have a few decent performances for us and his defensive discipline helping us see out certain games was a bit under appreciated.

Greenio
03-06-2022, 03:04 AM
Would have preferred to see Jasper stay. He's one of the rare players we had that was on his toes, always looking to take the ball forward and had that look about him that he was ready and willing to use the skill he had to be those bursts of speed or skill that you need to create chances. Felt that same about Boyle when he was breaking through tbh. Was he always good at it? Nah, certainly not, but if he can refine what he's got he'll go places.

JimBHibees
03-06-2022, 06:13 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if some move to other clubs also. Newell and Doidge would probably generate interest down south and so would Doig and Porteous.

JimBHibees
03-06-2022, 06:16 AM
Still love him. The vision and deftness to execute some of those passes is what I pay cash to see, having been brought up watching Alex Edwards. Players like him bring beauty to the beautiful game. Felt the same when Latas left.

Totally agree how we could have done with a fully fit Scott Allan in the last couple of years. Absolute joy to watch on his game. Saw passes no one else would see never mind be able to pull off. Obviously a sore one for the player what has happened in terms of his health and the most important thing for a young guy with a family is obviously his health however the club also have been hugely unlucky not being to call on such a talent. Sad day.

JimBHibees
03-06-2022, 06:18 AM
I'm really not sure there were any real decisions to be made. Effectively everyone on the list ceased to be a Hibs
Player from 31 May. Given we obviously hadn't been in contract talks with any of them, the released list was pretty much a banker. As ever I wish them all well but Scotty in particular. It was obviously a poor season for him but his cameo at St J was superb. One of the most talented players I've seen in my 6 decades of supporting Hibs.

Absolutely :agree:

JimBHibees
03-06-2022, 06:19 AM
Nah not for me, nowhere near good enough for where we need to be.

Agree

Brooster
03-06-2022, 06:35 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if some move to other clubs also. Newell and Doidge would probably generate interest down south and so would Doig and Porteous.

I think we can get better than Newell, it's a shame that Doige has really struggled since his illness and I'm 99% certain Doig and Porteous will be sold this summer.

JimBHibees
03-06-2022, 06:38 AM
I think we can get better than Newell, it's a shame that Doige has really struggled since his illness and I'm 99% certain Doig and Porteous will be sold this summer.

Agree with that.

ekhibee
03-06-2022, 10:25 AM

Yep, agree with that.

Craigmount Hibs
04-06-2022, 08:17 PM

I'm really glad we haven't signed him. I know he set up two goals away to Motherwell, but that was against 10 men, and he couldn't even command a starting position in a very, very poor side. And that final performance away to Dundee? Absolute mince.

brog
04-06-2022, 08:33 PM
I'm really glad we haven't signed him. I know he set up two goals away to Motherwell, but that was against 10 men, and he couldn't even command a starting position in a very, very poor side. And that final performance away to Dundee? Absolute mince.

He was shocking against Dundee but he came on when we were already falling apart. If you judge by that game only then no Hibs player that night should be retained. With Scotty and Jasper gone its essential we find some creativity before the season starts.

Northernhibee
04-06-2022, 09:53 PM
Jasper created next to nothing. He ran around like a headless chicken into blind alleys, then ran back, let the opposition get into position and dispossess him or cut out a pass. One that looks way better on an Instagram highlights reel than in a competitive game.

It’s a sad indictment of how poor last seasons squad was that we’d even consider keeping him.

Since452
04-06-2022, 10:45 PM
Jasper created next to nothing. He ran around like a headless chicken into blind alleys, then ran back, let the opposition get into position and dispossess him or cut out a pass. One that looks way better on an Instagram highlights reel than in a competitive game.

It’s a sad indictment of how poor last seasons squad was that we’d even consider keeping him.

I agree. Saw right through him pretty quickly. Absolutely delighted Johnson hasn't followed up on the loans.

cameronw-hfc
05-06-2022, 12:01 AM
He was the one me player that looked better under Maloney and seemed to serve a purpose in his chosen formation.

But I find it hard to see where he would fit into most teams as I still don’t really get what he was - not a flying winger, not a striker, not a number 10, not a wingback, not a defender…

He did have a few decent performances for us and his defensive discipline helping us see out certain games was a bit under appreciated.

Yeah I agree tbh. Seems a player that's okay at everything, not great at much though.

I just meant out of the released players, I don't think any really looked like someone worth keeping on, but out of them all Drey definitely gave it a go towards the end of the season. Just feel for him as he struggled for a run of games and when he finally got it, he actually looked alright.

ekhibee
05-06-2022, 12:08 AM

Yep, I know what you mean. There were others that were definitely worse than him, but IMO he really didn't do enough to warrant keeping him on.

Eyrie
05-06-2022, 08:58 AM
Jasper was entertaining to watch when he had the ball but there wasn't much end product and he tended to over elaborate.

It was mentioned on here that Fulham were looking for a fee which by our standards was substantial and it doesn't make sense for us to pay that level of money for potential in the hope that Jasper will develop. We've already done that with Melkerson so any fees need to be for players who will be first team regulars.

loanheadhibby
09-06-2022, 06:40 PM
Allan & Wright away, as are Loanees Bushiri, Scott and Sylvester
Is it true we're keeping Bushiri.
If so it's the first mistake of the new regime, he's hopeless.

Iain G
09-06-2022, 06:52 PM
Is it true we're keeping Bushiri.
If so it's the first mistake of the new regime, he's hopeless.

Yeah but it's ok as we didn't mean to do so! 🤣

Sir David Gray
09-06-2022, 06:55 PM

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Clarke
Cadden
Stevenson
Delferriere
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Kenneh
Mackay

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen

Updated after today's news;

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Clarke
Cadden
Stevenson
Bushiri
Miller
Delferriere
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Kenneh
Mackay

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen
Bojang

Onion
09-06-2022, 06:56 PM
Jasper was entertaining to watch when he had the ball but there wasn't much end product and he tended to over elaborate.

It was mentioned on here that Fulham were looking for a fee which by our standards was substantial and it doesn't make sense for us to pay that level of money for potential in the hope that Jasper will develop. We've already done that with Melkerson so any fees need to be for players who will be first team regulars.

Convinced that's something that can be knocked out of him, with good coaching. Look at Martin Boyle at Hibs. Went from being a fast winger who played with his head down and struggling to make the right choices to an accomplished attacking midfielder - probably the best in the league at his position.

JohnM1875
09-06-2022, 07:08 PM

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Clarke
Cadden
Stevenson
Bushiri
Miller
Delferriere
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Kenneh
Mackay

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen
Bojang

Having four keepers and 12 defenders is crazy! I'm sure a keeper will move on soon though. But 12 defenders. Wow.

J-C
09-06-2022, 07:33 PM
Having four keepers and 12 defenders is crazy! I'm sure a keeper will move on soon though. But 12 defenders. Wow.

Mitchell is on the official website as a midfielder and that's where he generally plays, Darren I'm expecting to move into the backroom staff as a youth coach, Cadden can play higher up the pitch and did so for Motherwell and his Scotland appearance and Delferriere is one for the future so will play Dev games and be on the fringes of the main squad.

1875Sean
09-06-2022, 07:40 PM

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Clarke
Cadden
Stevenson
Bushiri
Miller
Delferriere
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Kenneh
Mackay

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen
Bojang

Cadden Is a midfilswe nor defender, he may have filled in the odd time at right back but his main position is right mid

Billy Whizz
09-06-2022, 07:43 PM
Cadden Is a midfilswe nor defender, he may have filled in the odd time at right back but his main position is right mid

As is Harry Clarke

Sir David Gray
09-06-2022, 07:49 PM

He's played quite a number of games in defence.

JohnM1875
09-06-2022, 07:52 PM

I 100% think Mitchell, Cadden and Clarke would be classed as defenders. Played the majority of their games in defence be that as a left/right back or at wing back.

Also think all three are better going forward mind you!

CapitalGreen
09-06-2022, 08:03 PM

Marshall
Macey
Dabrowski
Mitchell

McGinn
Porteous
Doig
Hanlon
Clarke
Cadden
Stevenson
Bushiri
Miller
Delferriere
Mitchell
McGregor

Newell
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Hauge
Magennis
Henderson
Kenneh
Mackay

Nisbet
Doidge
Melkersen
Bojang

Why do you keep including development team players in your list? If you are including Hauge and Delefierre you may as well include, Hamilton, Blaney, O’Connor, Johnson, Aiken, McIntyre, Laidlaw, Carter & Balde.

A fundamental factor in taking the academy to the next level is the introduction of a new squad for next season, the Development Squad. Kean explains:

“We are looking into adding another age group in, so below the First Team but older than the U18.

“This will be the Development Team which will be a group of lads who are aspiring to be in the First Team but aren’t quite there yet.”

J-C
09-06-2022, 08:04 PM

Played as a wingback, really just a RM in modern football, if you watch Cadden properly he's no the best tackler in the world and gets caught out a good few times upfield instead of tracking back, hence why he's better further up the pitch.

Sir David Gray
09-06-2022, 08:13 PM
Why do you keep including development team players in your list? If you are including Hauge and Delefierre you may as well include, Hamilton, Blaney, O’Connor, Johnson, Aiken, McIntyre, Laidlaw, Carter & Balde.

Delferriere and Hauge both made considerably more matchday squads last season than any of the others mentioned. Some of them I don't think have even made the bench for our first team yet.

Billy Whizz
09-06-2022, 08:23 PM

The 2 you mentioned are far older than than our under 18’s team, apart from Balde. At this age they should be aiming to be 1st team players
The under 23 age group is only viable if they have games every week

CapitalGreen
09-06-2022, 08:29 PM
Delferriere and Hauge both made considerably more matchday squads last season than any of the others mentioned. Some of them I don't think have even made the bench for our first team yet.

That’s surely irrelevant if you are doing a list of first team players, all that matters is whether they are actually in the first team or not.

CapitalGreen
09-06-2022, 08:36 PM
The 2 you mentioned are far older than than our under 18’s team, apart from Balde. At this age they should be aiming to be 1st team players
The under 23 age group is only viable if they have games every week

Of course they are aiming to be first team players, that’s the purpose of the development team.

“This will be the Development Team which will be a group of lads who are aspiring to be in the First Team but aren’t quite there yet.”

The plan is for the squad to have games every week.

loanheadhibby
09-06-2022, 08:50 PM
I don’t think he will go anywhere. He’s a good fit for what LJ wants. We have just been playing him wrong due to not having a natural no6.

You're kidding yourself, he contributes nothing most weeks.

jacomo
10-06-2022, 04:39 PM
Convinced that's something that can be knocked out of him, with good coaching. Look at Martin Boyle at Hibs. Went from being a fast winger who played with his head down and struggling to make the right choices to an accomplished attacking midfielder - probably the best in the league at his position.

:agree:

Jasper is only 20 I think, still a kid really.

I think he’ll become a very good player and it’s a shame we’ve lost him.