PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Social Media team

Willis1875
30-05-2022, 05:09 PM
Another Instagram post and tweet they have put up that’s needed to have been taken back down due to idiots in the comment section.
This time a harmless post congratulating Paul McGinn and his partner on their marriage

KeithTheHibby
30-05-2022, 05:32 PM
They are going about this in the wrong way. Should just block these morons.

Alex Trager
30-05-2022, 05:36 PM

Agree.

If it’s just the same accounts that are hounding them all the time, get them blocked

Sir David Gray
30-05-2022, 05:50 PM

:agree: I'm far from happy with Hibs just now but you must be pretty pathetic to be posting abuse on a post congratulating a player on his marriage.

matty_f
30-05-2022, 05:52 PM
100% should just block them, and if they’re repeat offenders tell them they’re not welcome back at Easter Rd.

Wilson
30-05-2022, 05:54 PM
100% should just block them, and if they’re repeat offenders tell them they’re not welcome back at Easter Rd.

I'd be surprised if the social media team had any authority as regards the latter.

Wheat Hound
30-05-2022, 05:59 PM
Block the idiots

matty_f
30-05-2022, 05:59 PM
I'd be surprised if the social media team had any authority as regards the latter.

Wouldn’t be hard to flag the accounts to those that do, though.

FWIW, i’m not talking about low level stuff, but for folk who repeatedly go over the score then the club should consider blocking them from all aspects of the club, having been persuaded that this is a good idea by Colin on last week’s Longbangers :greengrin

Broken Gnome
30-05-2022, 06:00 PM
People really are the worst.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2022, 06:08 PM
What could anyone possibly be upset about in a post congratulating a player on getting married?

I don't think our socials are up too much so I tend to just ignore them rather than hurling abuse at them.

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2022, 06:54 PM
so, anyway....Congrats SPM :thumbsup: hope you have many years of happiness together

AliboyFC
30-05-2022, 07:13 PM
I was taking the piss out of the guys who complain about everything in the comments. So i posted a little rant for a joke. Hope people didnt take it the wrong way 😬😬.

Since452
30-05-2022, 07:52 PM
You can see why Ron said he found the "supporters" disappointing.

S4uzee
30-05-2022, 08:02 PM

When did he say that?

Carheenlea
30-05-2022, 08:17 PM
Given we have too many of our own fans who can’t be trusted with social media along with the inevitable Jambo/Hun bores who jump on a lot of the posts, they really should not be permitting comments (if you can actually do that)

mcohibs
30-05-2022, 09:08 PM
When did he say that?

Press conference when Lee Johnson was announced

CentreLine
30-05-2022, 09:14 PM

Didn’t he say “fickle”?
Hard not to agree with that.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2022, 06:30 AM
Folks out doing each other in poisoning the well and getting things drowned out. Just makes the whole thing increasingly irrelevant. What exactly is the point of turning your platform into a toxic cesspit? There’s money to be made through this. Utter BS. I imagine if they wanted to they could through machine learning / AI cut a whole load out. But choose not to.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2022, 06:37 AM
Press conference when Lee Johnson was announced

Could be wrong but I don’t recall that being the direct quote?

Ryan91
31-05-2022, 06:46 AM
Folks out doing each other in poisoning the well and getting things drowned out. Just makes the whole thing increasingly irrelevant. What exactly is the point of turning your platform into a toxic cesspit? There’s money to be made through this. Utter BS. I imagine if they wanted to they could through machine learning / AI cut a whole load out. But choose not to.

Engagement with posts by users on a site by liking/commenting is a valuable metric to platforms when looking for advertisers to host ads on your site.

Pagan Hibernia
31-05-2022, 07:19 AM
Social media is becoming intolerable

Big_Franck
31-05-2022, 09:17 AM

Becoming?

Shrekko
31-05-2022, 10:41 AM
Every time you say something you get told "every clubs fans are the same" so I've looked at a few other clubs social media platforms recently and none of them are as bad as ours.

It is however the same (maybe 20-30?) fans you keep noticing and they generally have the cheek to have their profiles full of Hibs stuff as if they're total fanatics.

It gives an absolutely terrible impression of the club and makes it unbearable to read for anyone with half an ounce of decency.

Brightside
31-05-2022, 11:08 AM
Another Instagram post and tweet they have put up that’s needed to have been taken back down due to idiots in the comment section.
This time a harmless post congratulating Paul McGinn and his partner on their marriage

Just copy all the comments and put up a new story - name and shame them all. Then tell them to **** off and support Hearts.

CraigHibee
31-05-2022, 11:28 AM
some of the stuff on twitter is ridiculous, facebook the same way although there appears to be more constructive criticism on there

Hibernian Verse
31-05-2022, 11:35 AM
It's just kids. Has to be. Surely?

ian cruise
31-05-2022, 11:37 AM
It's just kids. Has to be. Surely?

I find it's the opposite, usually an age range you'd expect/hope to act better.

Broken Gnome
31-05-2022, 11:42 AM
I find it's the opposite, usually an age range you'd expect/hope to act better.

Always seems an age group crying out for a bit of an online profile and follower numbers. Painful 'look at me' behaviour, desperately looking to be edgy, which for some reason lends itself to utterly pointless abuse.

GRA
31-05-2022, 01:26 PM

Twitter/Facebook/Instagram is full of keyboard warriors who hide behind avatars to discreetly send abuse. Would never say those type of things in person. They are best ignored/blocked as they are pathetic individuals with little in the way of a productive life.

Since452
31-05-2022, 02:18 PM
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram is full of keyboard warriors who hide behind avatars to discreetly send abuse. Would never say those type of things in person. They are best ignored/blocked as they are pathetic individuals with little in the way of a productive life.

Instagram is the only one i'm still on. Decided Twitter and Facebook just weren't adding anything positive to my life. Quite the opposite. Full of braindead idiots. Sadly a lot of them Hibs fans.

KWJ
31-05-2022, 02:52 PM
Could be wrong but I don’t recall that being the direct quote?

Exactly and important to get right.

In response to a questions from media about supporters

It doesn't matter what we do we'll always have the naysayers.

On what's the biggest thing you've learned since taking over

Probably the biggest challenge for me and in a way disappointing and learning for me is the supporters...we're not going to get everything right and certainly I'm not going to get everything right, we've had some bumps along the way. And I think sometimes the supporters have been critical of what we're doing, which is their right so you have to accept that and it's part of the game but it's been the most difficult part for me.

I admire his honesty here and I can understand it, him and his team have made moves and been surprised by the backlash from fans but he's learned you'll never please everyone. If he's using social media he's also got to learn that the disapproving voices are far louder, vicious and knee-jerk than the average fan with Hibs in their heart.

Hopefully they can take heed, filter out the pish and focus on getting a good team on the pitch and then bring some of the glitz and glamour he wants to see at the club to bring in more money and better experiences.

B.H.F.C
31-05-2022, 03:05 PM
Every time you say something you get told "every clubs fans are the same" so I've looked at a few other clubs social media platforms recently and none of them are as bad as ours.

It is however the same (maybe 20-30?) fans you keep noticing and they generally have the cheek to have their profiles full of Hibs stuff as if they're total fanatics.

It gives an absolutely terrible impression of the club and makes it unbearable to read for anyone with half an ounce of decency.

What about the Hearts fan chucking out some racist abuse today? Or the multiple anti catholic songs being sung, and openly posted, from Seville a couple of weeks back? Do they give a better impression of their clubs?

No saying we don’t have our share of muppets but find it strange how desperate you always are to make out that we are somehow out on our own in that regard.

Brown Hibs
31-05-2022, 04:39 PM
Disable the comments. Easily done. Completely unnecessary for people to reply to official club posts.

Dmas
31-05-2022, 07:10 PM
Out of control now for me, a lot of the repeat performers are home and away fans I’ve recognised a few at the games, for me it’s some sort of banter for there followers rather than actual direct abuse at the club like a badge of honour for whoever’s post is screenshot and shared on the group chat type of behaviour, absolutely no thought into how it’s perceived by people inside the club or people looking to involve themselves with the club, actual players who they all scream and shout about if they don’t interact with us or are ‘disconnected’

Crazy behaviour, sucks the soul out it for everyone else as well a game of who can be the angriest

JimBHibees
01-06-2022, 06:25 AM
Disable the comments. Easily done. Completely unnecessary for people to reply to official club posts.

Totally agree need to stop the abuse that reacts to every message. Bizarre trolling by weirdos who need to get a life.

Broken Gnome
01-06-2022, 06:35 AM
Nothing is more offensive than someone posting 'perhaps in a coaching role' for the 5,000th time mind you.

Danderhall Hibs
01-06-2022, 07:27 AM
Nothing is more offensive than someone posting 'perhaps in a coaching role' for the 5,000th time mind you.

I think that started as a piss take though - some of the other stuff is just abusive.

Since90+2
01-06-2022, 07:28 AM

Would help the problem but it would be counterintuitive as to why the club actually have social media and it's use, otherwise they could just stick something on the club website.

Broken Gnome
01-06-2022, 08:16 AM
I think that started as a piss take though - some of the other stuff is just abusive.

Oh aye, realise that. I'd even say the times it's used for an actual manager or coach leaving is (relatively) funny.

It's more a light-hearted version of how monotonous and desperate for attention folk that reply to the initial account are. Do agree with Facebook being far superior in actually generating reasoned comments, even if they are negative.

danhibees1875
01-06-2022, 09:09 AM
Oh aye, realise that. I'd even say the times it's used for an actual manager or coach leaving is (relatively) funny.

It's more a light-hearted version of how monotonous and desperate for attention folk that reply to the initial account are. Do agree with Facebook being far superior in actually generating reasoned comments, even if they are negative.

I don't read much of the social media stuff but I did see a reply on Twitter to the announcement that Eden Mill were no longer a strategic partner and someone said "hope they come back one day, perhaps in a coaching role" which did tickle me. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-06-2022, 09:12 AM

That does my head in on Twitter, it's the same accounts that tweet that comment every single time which I find a bit tiresome.

Apologies if these people are on here but I've had to mute them.

basehibby
02-06-2022, 12:31 PM
Utter morons should hang their heads in shame. Congratulations to Mr & Mrs McGinn by the way 👏