PDA

View Full Version : Huddersfield v nott.forest var?

Jpdhfc
30-05-2022, 10:10 AM
I watched the playoff for the premier yesterday and think this is what we will get with var .
Huddersfield player goes down ref booked him definitely contact ,var not enough to change onfield decision.
later another Huddersfield player goes down, definitely contact reff ignores it commentator said because there was no on field decisions var won't get involved.
what's the point.

HH81
30-05-2022, 10:38 AM
I was at the game. Very poor from VAR.

Infact shocking.

G15 Hibs
30-05-2022, 10:42 AM
The idea that bringing VAR into Scottish football will be a panacea for incorrect decisions is very wide of the mark. Folk will just be more angry as there was more opportunity to get them right, but still got them wrong.

StarryPloughHSC
30-05-2022, 10:46 AM
I watched the playoff for the premier yesterday and think this is what we will get with var .
Huddersfield player goes down ref booked him definitely contact ,var not enough to change onfield decision.
later another Huddersfield player goes down, definitely contact reff ignores it commentator said because there was no on field decisions var won't get involved.
what's the point.

VAR in scottish football will only benefit two teams no way will they be stopping the game for potential penalty checks against they two itll only be in favour of them

WeeRussell
30-05-2022, 10:50 AM
I’ve made my feelings against VAR more than clear and won’t reiterate as radge and me will just start debating again 😁

Are you talking about players getting booked (or not) for diving in yesterday’s game? I didn’t see it.

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2022, 10:55 AM
Refs to blame. Proves they are just rubbish and it's nothing to do with not seeing things. Not vars fault

FitbaFolkKen
30-05-2022, 11:01 AM
I think each team should have 3 challenges and can call for var to review a decision at the next break in play. Less interruptions and gives the teams a bit of control over decisions they would like to question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpdhfc
30-05-2022, 11:03 AM
I’ve made my feelings against VAR more than clear and won’t reiterate as radge and me will just start debating again 😁

Are you talking about players getting booked (or not) for diving in yesterday’s game? I didn’t see it.

the first penalty claim player got booked .
I thought it was a pen.

StarryPloughHSC
30-05-2022, 11:12 AM
the first penalty claim player got booked .
I thought it was a pen.

the second one was a stonewaller aswell but they never even reviewed that one

Carheenlea
30-05-2022, 11:15 AM
About 90% of penalties awarded will involve “dives” (probably more). Enough contact there to go down and suchlike.

Probably time to think about doing away with penalties altogether. Just keep them for settling tied matches:

Hibernian Verse
30-05-2022, 11:32 AM
Off topic, but similar happened in the Europa League final. Goldson fouled Borre, VAR checked it but couldn't see the contact that everyone else could so didn't ask the referee to review it.

Dr What If?
30-05-2022, 11:35 AM
commentator said because there was no on field decisions var won't get involved.
what's the point.
I must be going mad but I could swear I've seen refs give penalties after checking the monitor? Besides, NOT giving a penalty if a player goes down IS making a decision, just that play didn't stop, right?
Never watched the game but the chat does highlight me fear with VAR, officials will still be watching the game from the same OF lens on-screen and they do live. Good thing is more of these dubious decisions will be recorded.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-05-2022, 11:43 AM
I must be going mad but I could swear I've seen refs give penalties after checking the monitor? Besides, NOT giving a penalty if a player goes down IS making a decision, just that play didn't stop, right?
Never watched the game but the chat does highlight me fear with VAR, officials will still be watching the game from the same OF lens on-screen and they do live. Good thing is more of these dubious decisions will be recorded.

You're not going mad, happens all the time.

Diclonius
30-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Any decisions that could go against the OF will simply not be reviewed.

Every goal scored against the OF will be reviewed irrespective of whether a foul was seen or not.

Smartie
31-05-2022, 08:23 AM
They definitely seem to have made a mess of the implementation of var down South, but I thought it worked very well at the Euros last year.

Even the disallowed goal in the Liverpool game - I now understand why the decision was made and grudgingly accept that it was correct. In games of that magnitude the decisions need to be correct.