PDA

View Full Version : Lee Johnson and Kevin Nisbet

CJHibby
29-05-2022, 11:09 AM
I hope Lee Johnson unlocks the real Kevin Nisbet for Hibs this upcoming season. I personally think KN is top drawer even if last season he was tepid at best..

StarryPloughHSC
29-05-2022, 11:15 AM
I hope Lee Johnson unlocks the real Kevin Nisbet for Hibs this upcoming season. I personally think KN is top drawer even if last season he was tepid at best..

same mate even when he was out of form he still scored those beauties against arbroath and motherwell and his link up play for boyles second against der hun was sublime we're lucky to have him

RMQ1967
29-05-2022, 11:33 AM
The problem for any player in the strikers role at Hibs for the past couple of seasons is that so few opportunities are created for them.

If LJ is able to deliver the playing style he talks about the service to strikers should increase dramatically & i think Nisbet & co will be scoring for fun.

heretoday
29-05-2022, 11:34 AM
I'd loov it if he came good next season. He always looks a bit hangdog.

HendoDelivered
29-05-2022, 11:49 AM
Rate Nisbet highly personally.

WeeRussell
29-05-2022, 01:20 PM
Been easily our best striker since the day he joined, even when struggling for form, and can’t wait to see him back fit and firing.

HTD1875
29-05-2022, 02:00 PM
Nisbet has clearly been working hard on his upper body strength in his rehab, seen pictures of him on holiday and he’s absolutely ripped. Hopefully comes back stronger and sharper a break will maybe have done him good didn’t really get one last season with the euros and then straight into our European Qualifiers.

berwickhibee
29-05-2022, 03:19 PM
The lad needs our support and service.

Player in there no doubts.

jacomo
29-05-2022, 03:41 PM
The problem for any player in the strikers role at Hibs for the past couple of seasons is that so few opportunities are created for them.

If LJ is able to deliver the playing style he talks about the service to strikers should increase dramatically & i think Nisbet & co will be scoring for fun.

:agree:

Hibiza
29-05-2022, 04:48 PM
All the best with the rehab , abs etc , mean nothing without desire and commitment.

ekhibee
29-05-2022, 05:55 PM
I think he can be a good player, but when he wasn't injured and fully fit there too many times when he didn't perform last season. I would be tempted to give another chance but that would be the last chance for me, he was part of a pretty poor Hibs team and for me there were quite a few games where IMO he could've done better. We need a better team than last year, and that includes scoring a lot more goals, so let's see if he's up for the challenge. Hopefully he will be and we can see more consistently the talent he does have. Just my opinion.

JoeT_WasTheBest
29-05-2022, 09:01 PM
I thought it was the start of a song, like Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus [emoji2371]

loanheadhibby
29-05-2022, 10:58 PM
What makes you think KN is top drawer.
He certainly hasn't shown it at Hibs.

King Cosell
29-05-2022, 11:00 PM
Any idea when Nisbet will be back? Heard talk of September a few weeks ago.

StarryPloughHSC
29-05-2022, 11:08 PM

aye a heard its around that time aswell mate

JimBHibees
30-05-2022, 06:25 AM

September or October I think with a fair wind and no set backs I think.

Smartie
30-05-2022, 07:13 AM

He had an excellent first few months.

Since then - not so much.

CJHibby
30-05-2022, 08:24 AM
Great touch and technique LH. I think he looks the part but you obviously don't..are you more a Matty Jack kind of player as a favourite??

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-05-2022, 08:32 AM
Would like to think that he will have a fight on his hands to get his place back when he's fit.

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2022, 09:02 AM

He certainly has. Short memory

Alan62
30-05-2022, 09:16 AM
All the best with the rehab , abs etc , mean nothing without desire and commitment.

Speaking from personal experience, you don't get abs without desire and commitment. 😉

WeeRussell
30-05-2022, 10:56 AM
Would like to think that he will have a fight on his hands to get his place back when he's fit.

I’m all for that if it means we’ve brought in top quality in his position. But right now I’ll definitely settle for having Kev back fit and firing.

Hoping to have some quality alongside him (whether that’s Melkerson or someone new) seems more realistic, as I’m assuming LJ isn’t averse to playing two strikers.