PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

JamesHFC
25-05-2022, 10:48 PM
Has won the Cypriot Cup with Omonia Nicosia despite being down to ten men for 115 minutes. They now qualify for the Europa League third qualifying round after finishing in the bottom half of the table prior to his arrival.

Top manager.

Wilson
25-05-2022, 10:51 PM
Going nuts on the touchline at some of the decisions. Same old Lenny! Glad he seems to be doing well.

26-05-2022, 12:32 AM
Going nuts on the touchline at some of the decisions. Same old Lenny! Glad he seems to be doing well.

How very out of character. 😀 Another ban coming his way. Think we had a good record whenever he was banished to the stand. Players probably trying to prove a point by winning when he wasn't shouting at them from the touchline.

https://youtu.be/0251CbfEzpw?t=210

Since452
26-05-2022, 04:58 AM
Impact manager with no longevity. Expect ON to really struggle next season and the toys to come out the pram.

Yorkshire HFC
26-05-2022, 04:58 AM
Has won the Cypriot Cup with Omonia Nicosia despite being down to ten men for 115 minutes. They now qualify for the Europa League third qualifying round after finishing in the bottom half of the table prior to his arrival.

Top manager.

Good on him - ofcourse he's a top manager - look at what he's achieved. I couldn't believe it when he came to Hibs.

The Harp
26-05-2022, 05:39 AM
Good on him. The manner in which he left us wasn't good, but he had us playing some of the most exciting football I've seen during his time at Hibs.

Tarrahib
26-05-2022, 06:56 AM
Good on him. The manner in which he left us wasn't good, but he had us playing some of the most exciting football I've seen during his time at Hibs.
Yes it was certainly exciting going to watch Hibs then,nobody knew what was going to happen next on the field or on the top line. I certainly enjoyed the experience.

HendoDelivered
26-05-2022, 07:16 AM

This. A great time to be a Hibs fan, especially our first season back in the prem. I think he has unfinished business at Hibs and would like to see him back as manager again one day. Appreciate I might be in the minority with this!

hibbydad
26-05-2022, 08:45 AM
This. A great time to be a Hibs fan, especially our first season back in the prem. I think he has unfinished business at Hibs and would like to see him back as manager again one day. Appreciate I might be in the minority with this!
I agree with you Hendo

Coco Bryce
26-05-2022, 09:12 AM
Impact manager with no longevity. Expect ON to really struggle next season and the toys to come out the pram.

He wont be there next season. Will be back managing in England.

jacomo
26-05-2022, 10:23 AM

Surely not?

There’s no way Neil Lennon will return to ER for a 2nd stint as boss.

bigwheel
26-05-2022, 11:07 AM
Surely not?

There’s no way Neil Lennon will return to ER for a 2nd stint as boss.

I could see it happening again some time …

jacomo
26-05-2022, 11:13 AM
I could see it happening again some time …

His second stint at Celtc started ok but ended in acrimony. I’d be extremely surprised if he thought a second go at Hibs was worth his bother.

bigwheel
26-05-2022, 11:16 AM
His second stint at Celtc started ok but ended in acrimony. I’d be extremely surprised if he thought a second go at Hibs was worth his bother.

I’ve heard he would love it ….unfinished business

A Hi-Bee
26-05-2022, 11:27 AM

Top manager, perhaps one day we will see him back Easter Road way, I would have no problems with such a move.

:thumbsup:

WhileTheChief..
26-05-2022, 11:32 AM

:top marksI don't think you are in the minority amongst Hibs fans, there's just a few loud voices totally opposed to him.

StarryPloughHSC
26-05-2022, 11:33 AM
Brilliant to see Lenny doing what he does best hopefully he can return someday he definitely has unfinished business with us.

Pagan Hibernia
26-05-2022, 12:14 PM
Brilliant to see Lenny doing what he does best hopefully he can return someday he definitely has unfinished business with us.

I loved lennon’s time here but I don’t get this unfinished business talk.

it had clearly run its course by the end. Fun while it lasted, and I’ll always remember it fondly but it’s in the past.

StarryPloughHSC
26-05-2022, 12:20 PM
I loved lennon’s time here but I don’t get this unfinished business talk.

it had clearly run its course by the end. Fun while it lasted, and I’ll always remember it fondly but it’s in the past.

aye you're probaly right mate LJGNWA

Edina Street
26-05-2022, 12:23 PM
When Neil Lennon was announced Hibernian manager I thought it was a really good appointment getting a manager with Champions league experience. But I developed reservations about him.

(a) He got us back in to the premiership. But just about any manager could have got us back in to the premiership, and Neil Lennon did not guide Hibernian back in to the premiership in as emphatic fashion as he was expected to.

(b) Our recent tradition of reaching cup finals came to an end under Neil Lennon.

(c) He got us in to Europe, but that was more about the Hibernian triangle of Dylan McGeouch, John McGinn and Scott Allan, than Neil Lennon. None of which were Neil Lennon signings.

(d) He failed to replace the Hibernian triangle, and underachieved with what replacements he did muster.

(e) He gets himself involved in sectarian issues to easily, and for a tough guy, he throws tantrums, takes his eye off the ball and throws the towel in to easily, such as after the Heart of Midlothian 0-0 affair at tynecastle, which he never did recover from emotionally.

That said, I still think he was a decent manager, and would not be totally opposed to him returning, though I don't think that will happen, as I think it is written in the stars that our next manager after Lee Johnson will be one from the golden generation.

Gus
26-05-2022, 12:27 PM
I do fear for him over there

Especially in the summer. Factor 50 daft

Pagan Hibernia
26-05-2022, 12:29 PM
When Neil Lennon was announced Hibernian manager I thought it was a really good appointment getting a manager with Champions league experience. But I developed reservations about him.

(a) He got us back in to the premiership. But just about any manager could have got us back in to the premiership, and Neil Lennon did not guide Hibernian back in to the premiership in as emphatic fashion as he was expected to.

(b) Our recent tradition of reaching cup finals came to an end under Neil Lennon.

(c) He got us in to Europe, but that was more about the Hibernian triangle of Dylan McGeouch, John McGinn and Scott Allan, than Neil Lennon. None of which were Neil Lennon signings.

(d) He failed to replace the Hibernian triangle, and underachieved with what replacements he did muster.

(e) He gets himself involved in sectarian issues to easily, and for a tough guy, he throws tantrums, takes his eye off the ball and throws the towel in to easily, such as after the Heart of Midlothian 0-0 affair at tynecastle, which he never did recover from emotionally.

That said, I still think he was a decent manager, and would not be totally opposed to him returning, though I don't think that will happen, as I think it is written in the stars that our next manager after Lee Johnson will be one from the golden generation.

re:(c) it was lennon who brought Allan back on loan, in Jan 2018, along with a couple of other loanees who completely transformed that season

StarryPloughHSC
26-05-2022, 12:29 PM

(e) He gets himself involved in secterian issues to easily, and for a tough guy, he throws tantrums, takes his eye off the ball and throws the towel in to easily, such as after the Heart of Midlothian 0-0 affair at tynecastle, which he never did recover from emotionally.

brilliant post mate a love lenny but i always got the impression he thought he was too big for us lol would like to see him back someday but am 100% on the LJ train

StarryPloughHSC
26-05-2022, 12:32 PM
re:(c) it was lennon who brought Allan back on loan, in Jan 2018, along with a couple of other loanees who completely transformed that season

allan and mcginn made mcgeough look like a world beater

WhileTheChief..
26-05-2022, 01:00 PM

Stubbs failed twice.

Dundee Utd failed.

Rangers failed.

We cruised it with Lennon, it was never in doubt.

JeMeSouviens
26-05-2022, 01:06 PM
They don't half like a flare over there, do they?

The Modfather
26-05-2022, 01:13 PM
Stubbs failed twice.

Dundee Utd failed.

Rangers failed.

I think we finished 3 points better off than the season before, in a league without Rangers or Hearts. I don’t think Lennon made much difference to us getting promoted even if we did deservedly win the league.

I’m no real fan of Lennon but I think it’s unfair to say he didn’t sign that midfield (Allan aside, but he had been there before) as he undoubtedly took that midfield up a level and made them the foundation of one of my favourite Hibs seasons.

SideBurns
26-05-2022, 01:20 PM
I think we finished 3 points better off than the season before, in a league without Rangers or Hearts. I don’t think Lennon made much difference to us getting promoted even if we did deservedly win the league.

I’m no real fan of Lennon but I think it’s unfair to say he didn’t sign that midfield (Allan aside, but he had been there before) as he undoubtedly took that midfield up a level and made them the foundation of one of my favourite Hibs seasons.

Lennon had lost the plot by the time he left and I was happy to see him gone, but definitely deserves credit for the fitba of the previous season - it was brilliant to watch. He took the decision to offload Stokes & Murray in January, and replace them with McClaren & Kamberi - if that had backfired he'd have been slaughtered.

You could take the view he got lucky there, but it's the sort of move that had it been done by the likes of Fergie would be hailed as managerial genius.

marinello59
26-05-2022, 01:22 PM
Stubbs failed twice.

Dundee Utd failed.

Rangers failed.

Lennon didn’t have to contend with Sevco and Hearts. We cruised it but he had an easier task than the one Stubbs faced with games being played with the backing of a massively rejuvenated Hibs support following our cup win.

Edina Street
26-05-2022, 01:23 PM
Stubbs failed twice.

Dundee Utd failed.

Rangers failed.

Neil Lennon only finished the 2016/17 season with one more point than what Alan Stubbs had managed during the 2015/16 season when Rangers were present. The 70 points mustered by Alan Stubbs during the 2015/16 championship, would have been enough to win the 2016/17 championship by ten points.

2015/16 Scottish championship - Alan Stubbs

P 36 W 21 D 7 L 8 GF 59 AG 34 PTS 70

2016/17 Scottish championship - Neil Lennon

P 36 W 19 D 14 L 3 GF 59 AG 25 PTS 71

Northernhibee
26-05-2022, 01:30 PM
Lennon didn’t have to contend with Sevco and Hearts. We cruised it but he had an easier task than the one Stubbs faced with games being played with the backing of a massively rejuvenated Hibs support following our cup win.

And only picked up one more point than Stubbs.

It was a horrendously tough task for AS that second season and injuries combined with an absolutely gruelling schedule made it worse.

Pagan Hibernia
26-05-2022, 01:34 PM
Neil Lennon only finished the 2016/17 season with one more point than what Alan Stubbs had managed during the 2015/16 season when Rangers were present. The 70 points mustered by Alan Stubbs during the 2015/16 championship, would have been enough to win the 2016/17 championship by ten points.

2015/16 Scottish championship - Alan Stubbs

P 36 W 21 D 7 L 8 GF 59 AG 34 PTS 70

2016/17 Scottish championship - Neil Lennon

P 36 W 19 D 14 L 3 GF 59 AG 25 PTS 71

that may be true but we were never not going up that season. I think the players knew that too and took their foot off the gas in the second half of the season, when we dropped a lot of points with draws etc. maybe that was a failure in motivation by Lennon but he got the job done, and with considerable ease.

we also had a good cup run that year. Dismantled hearts (albeit it was cathro’s hearts) in one of the most dominant derby displays I can remember, and were ridiculously unlucky with aberdeens winner in the semi final at a time when it looked like we were going on to win.

overall, I remember 2016/17 fondly. 2017/18 was even better.

2018/19 was a different story, though even that one started very well but fell apart in the autumn..

Hibees1973
26-05-2022, 03:22 PM
During his time at Hibs, Lennon had us playing aggressive and attacking football which made going to Easter Road exciting. The Tornadoes and possibly a season under Mowbray could only match some of the times under Lennon.

Know he came with a fair amount of baggage but I reflect positively on Lennon's time at Hibs.

Would welcome him back, but not sure if he would want to under the current people holding the reins at Hibs.

Since452
26-05-2022, 03:27 PM
During his time at Hibs, Lennon had us playing aggressive and attacking football which made going to Easter Road exciting. The Tornadoes and possibly a season under Mowbray could only match some of the times under Lennon.

Know he came with a fair amount of baggage but I reflect positively on Lennon's time at Hibs.

Would welcome him back, but not sure if he would want to under the current people holding the reins at Hibs.

Between January 2018 and May 2018 i'd agree. The rest was largely turgid.

tamig
26-05-2022, 03:43 PM
:top marksI don't think you are in the minority amongst Hibs fans, there's just a few loud voices totally opposed to him.

I’m not sure where you’re getting your views from but I’d say you guys are very much in the minority. NL left us a shambles and did the same in a short space of time at a previously rampant Celtic. We had a fantastic half a season under him.

WhileTheChief..
26-05-2022, 03:48 PM
I’m not sure where you’re getting your views from but I’d say you guys are very much in the minority. NL left us a shambles and did the same in a short space of time at a previously rampant Celtic. We had a fantastic half a season under him.

Just a general feeling and the vibes around ER back then when he left.

Then you just need to look at the comments on here over the years, he's still hugely popular and would have been welcomed by many as our new manager now or when Maloney was appointed.

Like others have said, I can see him coming back to Hibs.

LancsHibs
26-05-2022, 04:15 PM
Well done Lenny, looked wild at the end!!🇳🇬🇨🇾🇳🇬

Mcbizz1998
26-05-2022, 04:22 PM
Lenny was brilliant for us. You have to wonder what people are expecting if they turn their nose up at him.

Just look at the dross we have had before and since. The Lenny days were brilliant.

worcesterhibby
26-05-2022, 04:38 PM
Like others have said, I can see him coming back to Hibs.

God I hope not. Neil Lennon never worked for Hibs..he worked for Neil Lennon. He never celebrated a Hibs goal..he celebrated for himself and when things started going wrong...and boy did they go wrong...it was never his fault and he really didn't give a toss. Poor record to get us up for the championship with no real competition..he failed to win nearly half the games we played..half a season of great football on the back of the cup win and the huge positivity it brought and then crashed and burned. No Thanks.

Edina Street
26-05-2022, 04:41 PM
The Tornadoes and possibly a season under Mowbray could only match some of the times under Lennon.

During the 1973-74 season Turnbull's tornadoes drew with English old 1st division champions Leeds United 0-0 over two legs and lost out on penalties in the second round of the UEFA cup. They the Lisbon lions 1-0 in the Drybrough cup final. They defeated Heart of Midlothian 7-0 at tynecastle. They finished second in the old 1st division just four points behind the Lisbon Lions. If it were not for the genius of Jock Stein, mixed with John Brownlie breaking his leg, then Hibernian would have accomplished something never seen since the famous five, and that is winning the league. So those few months between January 2018 and May 2018 under Neil Lennon when Hibernian rocketed up the league to finish fourth must have been really exciting if they are comparable to drawing home and away with the giants of English football, winning two cups, defeating Hearts 7-0, and bringing the title race down to the last two games of the season.

shetlandhibee
26-05-2022, 04:41 PM
Lenny was brilliant for us. You have to wonder what people are expecting if they turn their nose up at him.

Just look at the dross we have had before and since. The Lenny days were brilliant.
:top marks:top marks:aok:

B.H.F.C
26-05-2022, 04:46 PM
Between January 2018 and May 2018 i'd agree. The rest was largely turgid.

This is always said about the 17/18 season.

Obviously a lot of folk missed the win at Ibrox, beating Hearts and brilliant performance at Parkhead against a then unbeaten Celtic side under Rodgers, in the first half of the season. Granted there was the odd shocker but we won more than we lost and a lot of people were turning up to watch.

The Tubs
26-05-2022, 04:53 PM
I may be wrong, but did he not bolt so that he could get the celtc job without them having to pay us any compensation?

The Modfather
26-05-2022, 05:03 PM

Nothing like a balanced opinion…

First season and a half was fine, no more no less, second half of 17/18 was exceptional, 3rd season a combustible shambles.

He improved the midfield and Lewis was probably at his peak in the 17/18 season. None of his mass of signings are still here, only Rocky from his signings ( Allan too?) played a part in Ross team that finished 3rd and I think we only got fees for Horgan and possibly Mallan from his signing.

Some good some bad under Lennon.

We heard the same at the time Lennon was sacked as we did when Ross was sacked. “Careful what you wish for”, “won’t get better” etc etc. Yet, within a couple of years of Lennon we finished in a higher position than Lennon achieved. Lennon & Ross both had some good some bad, some good seasons some bad but ultimately didn’t achieve anything we’ll never see again. Then you have managers like Collins who not just won a trophy but did so in style, who have been given no respect by some of those most vocal in defending the likes of Lennon and/or Ross. Essentially, for most, it all comes down to whether you like a particular manager or not as to how balanced you are.

Since452
26-05-2022, 05:29 PM
This is always said about the 17/18 season.

Obviously a lot of folk missed the win at Ibrox, beating Hearts and brilliant performance at Parkhead against a then unbeaten Celtic side under Rodgers, in the first half of the season. Granted there was the odd shocker but we won more than we lost and a lot of people were turning up to watch.

True. Home defeats to Hamilton and St Johnstone and a 4-1 defeat to Aberdeen were dire though. We'd have finished second if we'd had a better first half of the season.

StarryPloughHSC
26-05-2022, 05:31 PM
Nothing like a balanced opinion…

First season and a half was fine, no more no less, second half of 17/18 was exceptional, 3rd season a combustible shambles.

He improved the midfield and Lewis was probably at his peak in the 17/18 season. None of his mass of signings are still here, only Rocky from his signings ( Allan too?) played a part in Ross team that finished 3rd and I think we only got fees for Horgan and possibly Mallan from his signing.

Some good some bad under Lennon.

We heard the same at the time Lennon was sacked as we did when Ross was sacked. “Careful what you wish for”, “won’t get better” etc etc. Yet, within a couple of years of Lennon we finished in a higher position than Lennon achieved. Lennon & Ross both had some good some bad, some good seasons some bad but ultimately didn’t achieve anything we’ll never see again. Then you have managers like Collins who not just won a trophy but did so in style, who have been given no respect by some of those most vocal in defending the likes of Lennon and/or Ross. Essentially, for most, it all comes down to whether you like a particular manager or not as to how balanced you are.

i think most hibs fans see that team that collins won the cup with as mowbrays team lol collins thought brian kerr was a suitable replacement for broony

The Modfather
26-05-2022, 05:36 PM
i think most hibs fans see that team that collins won the cup with as mowbrays team lol collins thought brian kerr was a suitable replacement for broony

Even if that was the case, Mowbray (who is probably my favourite Hibs manager, and that period is definitely my favourite time) couldn’t win a cup with his own team. Collins did, and won it 5-1 in the final, beating Hearts en route with something like 79% possession too. I don’t understand the “it was Mowbrays team” as a means to downplay the achievement.

MagicSwirlingShip
26-05-2022, 05:40 PM

Think Brian Kerr was a Tommy Craig recommendation, as was O’Brien

StarryPloughHSC
26-05-2022, 05:44 PM
that was down to mowbray for me mate we saw collins stamp on the team the following season. a would go as far as to say it was collins man management skills or lack of that lost us our two best midfielders and cost us a potential cup double

StarryPloughHSC
26-05-2022, 05:47 PM
Think Brian Kerr was a Tommy Craig recommendation, as was O’Brien

dreadful times mate lol i mind him coming off the bench at tiny and everyone was buzzing cause he was rapid haha

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2022, 07:50 PM
During the 1973-74 season Turnbull's tornadoes drew with English old 1st division champions Leeds United 0-0 over two legs and lost out on penalties in the second round of the UEFA cup. They defeated the Lisbon lions 2-1 in the League cup final, and 1-0 in the Drybrough cup final. They defeated Heart of Midlothian 7-0 at tynecastle. They finished second in the old 1st division just four points behind the Lisbon Lions. If it were not for the genius of Jock Stein, mixed with John Blackley breaking his leg, then Hibernian would have accomplished something never seen since the famous five, and that is winning the league. So those few months between January 2018 and May 2018 under Neil Lennon when Hibernian rocketed up the league to finish fourth must have been really exciting if they are comparable to drawing home and away with the giants of English football, winning two cups, defeating Hearts 7-0, and bringing the title race down to the last two games of the season.

When you put it like that. :greengrin

John Brownlee not Blackley. :agree:

Keith_M
26-05-2022, 07:53 PM

Top manager.

I'm glad to hear he's doing well, even if it's at Cypriot Celtc

:wink:

He's here!
26-05-2022, 07:57 PM
I loved the majority of Lennon's time with us but watching the footage of him getting sent to the stand in the Cypriot final I do think he should know better by now. The aggressive, sarcastic applauding of the ref is way OTT.

chrisski33
26-05-2022, 08:01 PM
Sorry hasnt the neil lennon been done to death on here?🤔

Hibiza
26-05-2022, 08:01 PM
Well done Neil ,all the best.

Edina Street
26-05-2022, 08:05 PM
When you put it like that. :greengrin

John Brownlee not Blackley. :agree:

Ah yes, John Brownlie. Thanks for pointing that out.

Pagan Hibernia
26-05-2022, 09:13 PM
Even if that was the case, Mowbray (who is probably my favourite Hibs manager, and that period is definitely my favourite time) couldn’t win a cup with his own team. Collins did, and won it 5-1 in the final, beating Hearts en route with something like 79% possession too. I don’t understand the “it was Mowbrays team” as a means to downplay the achievement.

81%. :greengrin

StarryPloughHSC
27-05-2022, 03:19 AM
I loved the majority of Lennon's time with us but watching the footage of him getting sent to the stand in the Cypriot final I do think he should know better by now. The aggressive, sarcastic applauding of the ref is way OTT.

aye he probably thinks hes too good for them aswell he certainly was'nt like that during his second spell at the imposters

StarryPloughHSC
27-05-2022, 03:22 AM
Sorry hasnt the neil lennon been done to death on here?🤔

no way pal if you're alive and done something positive at our club we're always eager for your return it's how we roll

California-Hibs
27-05-2022, 04:25 AM
I've nothing but good things to say about Neil Lennon. Couldn't believe when we got someone of his standing in at Easter Road. The overall memory of him in charge will always be met with great exciting football and full of passion. It truely was a fantastic time following Hibs during that era. Will never forget how much he clearly loved putting Levein in his place when we romped them in 1st gear to a 2-0 win at Easter Road and the banners were out, singing was next level, Lennon banging his chest at the end of the game to a roaring rendition of Sunshine On Leith...

Ah, yep, fantastic memories of Lenny in charge. All the best to him. Would welcome him back in a heartbeat. Was gutted when he left. Remember also meeting and speaking with him when I was over on holiday and caught the Brian Clough Play held at Easter Road. He was top notch with me and showed a real interest in me living in the States, keeping up with the club etc etc

Top manager, and a top man.

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2022, 04:46 AM
He struggled a lot when he had to replace the core of Stubbs team. If he came back now, with an average squad lacking in confidence, he'd be a disaster I think

StarryPloughHSC
27-05-2022, 04:52 AM
I've nothing but good things to say about Neil Lennon. Couldn't believe when we got someone of his standing in at Easter Road. The overall memory of him in charge will always be met with great exciting football and full of passion. It truely was a fantastic time following Hibs during that era. Will never forget how much he clearly loved putting Levein in his place when we romped them in 1st gear to a 2-0 win at Easter Road and the banners were out, singing was next level, Lennon banging his chest at the end of the game to a roaring rendition of Sunshine On Leith...

Ah, yep, fantastic memories of Lenny in charge. All the best to him. Would welcome him back in a heartbeat. Was gutted when he left. Remember also meeting and speaking with him when I was over on holiday and caught the Brian Clough Play held at Easter Road. He was top notch with me and showed a real interest in me living in the States, keeping up with the club etc etc

Top manager, and a top man.

what a legend

StarryPloughHSC
27-05-2022, 04:56 AM
He struggled a lot when he had to replace the core of Stubbs team. If he came back now, with an average squad lacking in confidence, he'd be a disaster I think

he would need to get his recruitment spot on however i couldn't see him working with kensell and gordon jnr lol

RIP
27-05-2022, 05:44 AM
I may be wrong, but did he not bolt so that he could get the celtc job without them having to pay us any compensation?

That was our downfall.

Rodgers was a target for the Leicester owner for a year before he left Celtic but somehow Carlos Puel survived past the summer. Lawwell knew that it was only a matter of time before he would lose Brendan to the EPL so like any effective club chairman he was planning where his next manager may come from. I don’t believe that he would have risked upsetting Petrie by an approach. Far more likely that with the close bond between the two men that Brendan saw Neil as his natural successor.

So with Puel’s coat on a shoogly peg and Lawwell looking for a replacement to start in the summer, that period until January with a distracted Lenny in charge was a nightmare for both Hibs and our supporters. He was finding fault with everything behind the scenes (players, contracts, signings, medical staff) and regularly blowing a gasket. Two wins out of 14 was the same form that got Ross and Maloney sacked.

Arrived with a fanfare, left under a cloud. Went back to Celtic and the rest is history.

I liked Lenny a lot and his time at Hibs did bring us excitement. Shame that the Celtic job came begging when it did. It’s great to see him successful again albeit with the same Achilles heel of a lack of emotional control. We still have some of the same directors on the board as then, so no he will never be back at Easter Road any time soon.

allezsauzee
27-05-2022, 06:17 AM
Lenny is the best manager we've had in recent years. I thought he was the best at getting the most out of the squad and was prepared to move to plan B when plan A wasn't working even if that was evident early in a match. Most of the other managers we've had recently haven't even had a plan B. It surprises me to know that he can see into the future though as some suggest if they think that he deliberately got himself sacked a month before there was even a vacancy at Celtic. I doubt he'll ever learn to curb his emotions on the touchline but knowing that he cares as much as the fans do just endears him even more to me.