PDA

View Full Version : Pre season v Brighton?

GloryGlory
25-05-2022, 11:34 AM
https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brighton-paul-barber-pre-season-6567821

Diclonius
25-05-2022, 01:16 PM
They'll be arranging pre season games with Aberdeen and Hearts.

Hibernian Verse
25-05-2022, 01:16 PM
Article a year old

No it's today

hibby rae
25-05-2022, 01:18 PM
https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brighton-paul-barber-pre-season-6567821

I'd love an away trip to Brighton.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 01:18 PM
Article a year old

Article is dated today. :confused:

Bristolhibby
25-05-2022, 01:19 PM
C’mon Hibs, none of this wishy washy maybes. Let’s get an away friendly at the AMEX. A weekend in Brighton would be great.

That said, with the LC fixtures it may well be midweek.

Two and a half hours in the car for me.

J

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 01:22 PM
C’mon Hibs, none of this wishy washy maybes. Let’s get an away friendly at the AMEX. A weekend in Brighton would be great.

That said, with the LC fixtures it may well be midweek.

Two and a half hours in the car for me.

J

Midweek is a complete waste of time, done Blackburn midweek and it was terrible.

Bristolhibby
25-05-2022, 01:25 PM
Midweek is a complete waste of time, done Blackburn midweek and it was terrible.

Waste of time for whom?

Players get a runaround against Premier opposition. Possibly a night at a training centre down south. Then head back up for a game vs Falkirk in the LC.

I had a day in Manchester for the Blackburn game. Crappy game, but not Blackburns fault.

J

HH81
25-05-2022, 01:27 PM

I was at that and took a couple of mates. Thier first time watching Hibs and the game was dreadful.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 01:28 PM
Waste of time for whom?

Players get a runaround against Premier opposition. Possibly a night at a training centre down south. Then head back up for a game vs Falkirk in the LC.

I had a day in Manchester for the Blackburn game. Crappy game, but not Blackburns fault.

J

The fans who want a decent trip. Edinburgh to Brighton for a midweek kick about is not attractive.

hibby rae
25-05-2022, 01:32 PM
The fans who want a decent trip. Edinburgh to Brighton for a midweek kick about is not attractive.

Tbf I'd be happy to take a couple days off work for it. Travel at the weekend would probably be more expensive too

Bristolhibby
25-05-2022, 02:18 PM
Tbf I'd be happy to take a couple days off work for it. Travel at the weekend would probably be more expensive too

Like I said, it’s a two and a half hours for me to get to the AMEX. Easily doable for us Southern based Hibees.

Yes, definitely worth a couple of days off. My missus went to Brighton Uni when we were younger so spent many a day down there. Cracking town.

J

hibby rae
25-05-2022, 02:24 PM
Like I said, it’s a two and a half hours for me to get to the AMEX. Easily doable for us Southern based Hibees.

Yes, definitely worth a couple of days off. My missus went to Brighton Uni when we were younger so spent many a day down there. Cracking town.

J

Plus we can go scrapping with those dirty rockers down the promenade after the game :greengrin

Bristolhibby
25-05-2022, 02:27 PM
Plus we can go scrapping with those dirty rockers down the promenade after the game :greengrin

We are the Mods, We are the Mods, We are, we are, we are the Mods.

J

surreyhibbie
25-05-2022, 02:30 PM
would be ideal for me....

CB Hibs 68
25-05-2022, 02:40 PM
would be ideal for me....

Sorry to put a dampener on what could be a great trip as Brighton has loads of decent boozers but personally wouldn’t be booking a train any time soon as who knows what services will be affected if there is any strike action.

surreyhibbie
25-05-2022, 03:41 PM
Sorry to put a dampener on what could be a great trip as Brighton has loads of decent boozers but personally wouldn’t be booking a train any time soon as who knows what services will be affected if there is any strike action.

easier to drive there from where I live. driving back from Brighton is a nightmare though because of the traffic bottleneck getting out.

used to do it regularly and coming back was at least 45 minutes longer depending on time of day.

Anyway, probably wont happen.

Sheep_Nae_Mair
25-05-2022, 03:53 PM

"...at some point in the future"

KdyHby
25-05-2022, 05:17 PM
Was at the Goldstone Ground in 1981, would like the opportunity to go to their new ground

Ronniekirk
25-05-2022, 05:53 PM
Would defo go to Brighton