PDA

View Full Version : Maloney or Ross For Dundee

Since452
24-05-2022, 09:48 PM
Dundee have narrowed it down to these two for the job. Will be interesting watching their progress whichever one gets it.

Northernhibee
24-05-2022, 10:06 PM
Surely the choice is obvious to them.

24-05-2022, 10:13 PM
😂😂

Bound to get Dundee in our League Cup group now.

IberianHibernian
24-05-2022, 10:20 PM
😂😂

Bound to get Dundee in our League Cup group now.We cant . Both seeded .

Mcbizz1998
25-05-2022, 08:20 AM
If they have the option of Ross they should be taking it. Why on earth would they appoint Maloney [emoji23]

Bostonhibby
25-05-2022, 08:32 AM
If they have the option of Ross they should be taking it. Why on earth would they appoint Maloney [emoji23]That all important Belgian connection ?

Great beer over there.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

easty
25-05-2022, 08:55 AM
Jack Ross would bring them straight back up.

I’d not back Maloney to get them a playoff place.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2022, 09:02 AM
Absolute no choice to he made there. Ross is miles clear.

Northernhibee
25-05-2022, 09:05 AM

Dunno like, you’d think he should manage ninth if he had a really good season.

hibee-boys
25-05-2022, 09:06 AM
Dunno like, you’d think he should manage ninth if he had a really good season.

😂😂

overdrive
25-05-2022, 09:09 AM
Surely getting down to those two would result in a shortlist of one after 2 seconds of consideration.

The only thing in Maloney’s favour is he is Strachan’s mate.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-05-2022, 09:15 AM
i would have thought that Dundee might have looked at Billy Dodds.

Paul1642
25-05-2022, 09:32 AM

Why would he go? Probably has as good a shot of taking Inverness next year as he would Dundee. Jack Ross would be an amazing appointment for a championship team.

Shrekko
25-05-2022, 09:44 AM

Their fans wouldn't allow it. They even blocked him becoming assistant manager a few years ago.

He voted against a CVA when Dundee were in admin and never been forgiven.

Northernhibee
25-05-2022, 09:46 AM
Surely getting down to those two would result in a shortlist of one after 2 seconds of consideration.

The only thing in Maloney’s favour is he is Strachan’s mate.

And considering they sacked a manager who had just found a bit of form to bring in Mark McGhee, it makes me think it'll be Maloney. And if that happens, I hope they get relegated again.

Stubbsy90+2
25-05-2022, 09:54 AM
I thought it was supposed to be Strachans son getting the job?

Key West
25-05-2022, 10:16 AM
Good luck to either of them but not at the expense of Hibs.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2022, 11:06 AM
If the choice is genuinely between Jack Ross and Shaun Maloney I don't know what there is to think about!

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2022, 11:09 AM
If the choice is genuinely between Jack Ross and Shaun Maloney I don't know what there is to think about!

Exactly, no contest.

Diclonius
25-05-2022, 11:12 AM
If Dundee appoint Ross they'll go straight back up. No question.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2022, 11:31 AM
There's surely no contest.

Ross is proven at that level, has managed in England and led a team to 3rd in the top flight. For all it ended on a sour note here, over the piece he did a good job.

Maloney was a disaster and seemed to have little in the way of redeeming features that suggests he is worthy of another fairly big job so soon.

Given some of the decisions Dundee have made this year, I fully expect them to appoint Maloney.

HendoDelivered
25-05-2022, 12:31 PM
If Dundee appoint Ross they'll go straight back up. No question.

:agree:

ancient hibee
25-05-2022, 02:59 PM
There's surely no contest.

Ross is proven at that level, has managed in England and led a team to 3rd in the top flight. For all it ended on a sour note here, over the piece he did a good job.

Maloney was a disaster and seemed to have little in the way of redeeming features that suggests he is worthy of another fairly big job so soon.

Given some of the decisions Dundee have made this year, I fully expect them to appoint Maloney.

Would imagine that the Celtic mafia will appoint Maloney and he will be swiftly followed by McGeady.

Hibeesforever
25-05-2022, 03:53 PM
Moloney playing pass out from the back football in the Championship doesn't sound like a good idea...

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2022, 03:57 PM
Moloney playing pass out from the back football in the Championship doesn't sound like a good idea...

Might be a good place for him to implement ideas and make a few mistakes. He was never going to succeed coming in mid season

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2022, 05:31 PM
i read on a dundee forum some random saying Jack Ross has knocked them back

now watch for headlines he's joined them :)

Northernhibee
25-05-2022, 05:43 PM
Might be a good place for him to implement ideas and make a few mistakes. He was never going to succeed coming in mid season

If he had shown any potential whatsoever as a manager then maybe, but the boy doesn't have it. He's awful.

Best thing he could do is to follow what Cathro did and get himself a good coaching role at a big club. He's maybe a coach but doesn't have a shred of personality and you need that for being the number one guy.

Ronniekirk
25-05-2022, 05:50 PM
I had heard from two separate sources a few weeks back that Ross had signed a pre contract with Dundee Wasnt sure if that was possible
So surprised Maloney is now being quoted as being in the frame

Since452
25-05-2022, 06:01 PM
I really feel for Dundee if it's Maloney. Two relegations in a row?

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2022, 06:07 PM
If he had shown any potential whatsoever as a manager then maybe, but the boy doesn't have it. He's awful.

Best thing he could do is to follow what Cathro did and get himself a good coaching role at a big club. He's maybe a coach but doesn't have a shred of personality and you need that for being the number one guy.

I agree tbh. Although I do think Stubbs and Mowbray would've both struggled mid season too. They had to have big overhauls to implement their styles and got off to slow starts.

Certain types of managers are built for a scrap, certain ones aren't and need a clean slate. If Shaun is anything, he is the type that needs a summer, his own players and some time.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2022, 06:13 PM
I really feel for Dundee if it's Maloney. Two relegations in a row?

He’s got Strachan to help him along

blackpoolhibs
25-05-2022, 06:16 PM
Jack Ross would bring them straight back up.

They would get the cones set up correctly though.

tamig
25-05-2022, 06:37 PM
I had heard from two separate sources a few weeks back that Ross had signed a pre contract with Dundee Wasnt sure if that was possible

Not sure why a prospective manager - out of work - would need to sign a pre-contract. Seems a bizarre concept.

Since452
25-05-2022, 06:43 PM
Maloney might be a fantastic coach. You don't coach the Belgian national team if you're a diddy but I don't understand how a board of directors, or whoever, can listen to him and think "that's the man for us". Just seems incredibly nervous to me.

On another note I see James Mcpake got the Dunfermline job.

Johnny_Leith
25-05-2022, 08:20 PM
Maloney might be a fantastic coach. You don't coach the Belgian national team if you're a diddy but I don't understand how a board of directors, or whoever, can listen to him and think "that's the man for us". Just seems incredibly nervous to me.

On another note I see James Mcpake got the Dunfermline job.

Is he a good coach? Saw zero improvement under him at ER, I'd argue most players regressed. We weren't defensively sound and we couldn't score goals. Not the sign of a good coach imo.

Paloschi
25-05-2022, 08:26 PM
Is he a good coach? Saw zero improvement under him at ER, I'd argue most players regressed. We weren't defensively sound and we couldn't score goals. Not the sign of a good coach imo.

He instantly improved our leaky defence. We became very tight at the back at the expense of any threat going forward. We kept a lot of clean sheets under Maloney.

Zambernardi1875
25-05-2022, 08:29 PM

Any manager woulda struggled without Boyle Nesbitt and doidge.

Stubbsy90+2
25-05-2022, 08:31 PM

He got us to a cup semi final which is always heralded as a success on here. Beat Dundee United, Ross County and Motherwell who all ended up top six (Infact he actually was undefeated against they 3 over the 5 games we played them in), drew with the champions and improved our defence when he came in.

I’m in no way suggesting that’s anything exceptional btw but I think it’s a bit harsh to suggest he showed absolutely no potential whatsoever and that he was awful. With the job he took on and the players he was given he was pretty much doomed to fail the minute Boyle left, then Nisbet got injured and Porteous kept on getting himself suspended just to compound the disaster further.

cameronw-hfc
25-05-2022, 09:08 PM

I think his last coaching role at Belgium proved he's at the very least a good coach. Good coaches don't always make good managers, look at Cathro. I've seen some of his sessions up close whilst not being a manager and they're outstanding. He's a brilliant coach, was a laughable manager though.

There's so much more to being a manager than just the coaching. It's a tiny part of it.

Edit- by coaching I mean exclusively on the training ground running drills with the players.

Johnny_Leith
25-05-2022, 09:21 PM
He instantly improved our leaky defence. We became very tight at the back at the expense of any threat going forward. We kept a lot of clean sheets under Maloney.

Yup to be fair you're right, 8 clean sheets in 19 isn't bad going. I'd say a lot of that was due to porteous' availability, 6 out of the 8 were with him starting, 2 clean sheets without him from 6 games. Vital player for us.

The lack of Hibs play past the half way line under Maloney must have skewered my memory!

Looks like Maloney is getting the job. Wish him well, whilst I think he was out his depth as Hibs boss I harbour no dislike for him. It'll be really interesting to see how he gets on.

Stubbsy90+2
25-05-2022, 09:25 PM
Yup to be fair you're right, 8 clean sheets in 19 isn't bad going. I'd say a lot of that was due to porteous' availability, 6 out of the 8 were with him starting, 2 clean sheets without him from 6 games. Vital player for us.

The lack of Hibs play past the half way line under Maloney must have skewered my memory!

Looks like Maloney is getting the job. Wish him well, whilst I think he was out his depth as Hibs boss I harbour no dislike for him. It'll be really interesting to see how he gets on.

You’d have to question how many clean sheets we would have got and potentially how many more points) we would have got had Porteous not been suspended for 7 of his 19 games as manager I think it ended up being?

Johnny_Leith
25-05-2022, 09:38 PM
You’d have to question how many clean sheets we would have got and potentially how many more points) we would have got had Porteous not been suspended for 7 of his 19 games as manager I think it ended up being?

Definitely. I'd say his red card and subsequent ban from Aberdeen away cost us top 6. Green tinted specs but I thought the red card should have been downgraded.

Hoping he'll still be here next year, think he's contracted until 2024?

HendoDelivered
25-05-2022, 10:02 PM
Maloney in pole position apparently, according to the daily ******. They also saying JR has pulled out of the running.

JamesHFC
25-05-2022, 10:14 PM
Good luck Shaun 👍🏻

IberianHibernian
25-05-2022, 10:27 PM
He got us to a cup semi final which is always heralded as a success on here. Beat Dundee United, Ross County and Motherwell who all ended up top six (Infact he actually was undefeated against they 3 over the 5 games we played them in), drew with the champions and improved our defence when he came in.

I’m in no way suggesting that’s anything exceptional btw but I think it’s a bit harsh to suggest he showed absolutely no potential whatsoever and that he was awful. With the job he took on and the players he was given he was pretty much doomed to fail the minute Boyle left, then Nisbet got injured and Porteous kept on getting himself suspended just to compound the disaster further.Most ( and I`m talking of 4 or 5 people ) here who criticise Maloney were on his back from day one or even before he joined us . In some cases they continue to criticise him for whatever reason . Will be interesting to see how he does as a manager in the coming years as he didn`t get enough time with us to know if he`s a good or bad manager and I don`t think any other manager could have done better given injury list , departure of Boyle at last minute , limited squad he inherited and club policy of signing promising youngsters for long term benefit ( a policy which I support but obviously allowing manager some leeway till benefits of policy are obvious ) . The reaction he got from the players in a depleted squad playing with 10 at Hampden suggests he doesn`t lack motivational skills . I imagine he`ll have learnt a lot from his short time with us . Dundee won`t be an easy task as they won`t have big financial advantage over rivals we had or Rangers and Hearts had in championship but will still be expected to win league .

Diclonius
25-05-2022, 11:02 PM
Wonder what Ross has lined up. United if Courts goes down south?

Baader
25-05-2022, 11:03 PM
Needs to get Dundee back up. Not the easiest of tasks. Maloney didn't get time with us but had doubts from the Livingston game onwards. Not sure he's up to much. We'll see but if I'm honest I'm glad it's not with us. Wish him the best however.

SteveHFC
25-05-2022, 11:25 PM
Wonder what Ross has lined up. United if Courts goes down south?

Sure Ross is a Dundee fan so couldn't see him take the United job.

JamesHFC
25-05-2022, 11:29 PM

I don’t think things like that would bother him tbh. I have no doubt that he would take the Hearts job even though he managed us.

Unseen work
26-05-2022, 05:29 AM
Good luck to Maloney if Ross has indeed pulled out.

He has good ideas but unfortunately it just never worked out. Maybe having a full pre season to get his ideas across, new players in and in a lower league will work in his favour?

Really interested to see how he gets on.

All the best.

Since452
26-05-2022, 05:47 AM

Coach as opposed to manager i mean.

Northernhibee
26-05-2022, 06:17 AM
Dundee fan I know wants Strachan to have nothing to do with the club. Puzzled by McGhee and puzzled why someone even returned Maloney’s calls.

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2022, 06:27 AM

Jack Ross wont take a job more than a 2hr commute from Ponteland.

Jones28
26-05-2022, 07:00 AM
Dundee fan I know wants Strachan to have nothing to do with the club. Puzzled by McGhee and puzzled why someone even returned Maloney’s calls.

The sacking of Mcpake was utterly bizarre. Hope he absolutely smashes it at Dunfermline.

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2022, 07:09 AM
The sacking of Mcpake was utterly bizarre. Hope he absolutely smashes it at Dunfermline.

Beating Maloney's Dundee in the play off final😉

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2022, 07:20 AM
Jack Ross wont take a job more than a 2hr commute from Ponteland.

Where’s this rumour come from?

bigwheel
26-05-2022, 07:25 AM

It’s definitely not true, as he has recently spoken out saying that he’d like to work abroad if he gets the right opportunity

Brown Hibs
26-05-2022, 08:33 AM
Maloney wasn't given a fair crack at Hibs. Hope he does well he had loads of ideas and will have learned a lot from his time with us. Expect Dundee to be challenging.

SaulGoodman
26-05-2022, 08:57 AM
Maloney wasn't given a fair crack at Hibs. Hope he does well he had loads of ideas and will have learned a lot from his time with us. Expect Dundee to be challenging.

He was given as fair a chance as anyone else would’ve got. The football was absolutely dire and the results were embarrassing.

Stubbsy90+2
26-05-2022, 09:00 AM

Agree.

I think results wise he can’t have a lot of complaints about getting sacked. He can have a hell of a lot of complaints about the backing he received though imo after having the best non old firm player by a mile sold for a huge fee the minute he was in the door and then having him replaced by a bunch of young laddies with little first team experience.

I don’t think Maloneys time at Hibs really told us anything about his ability as a manager. Jack Ross wasn’t doing any better with a better squad when he got sacked and I’m not all that convinced most other managers would have done much better with what Maloney was left with post Boyle.

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2022, 10:15 AM

The last time he "knocked back" Dundee.

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2022, 10:16 AM
It’s definitely not true, as he has recently spoken out saying that he’d like to work abroad if he gets the right opportunity
Working abroad is different from having a family settled in Northumberland. Different scenario...ask Boyler

bigwheel
26-05-2022, 10:22 AM
Working abroad is different from having a family settled in Northumberland. Different scenario...ask Boyler

It’s still more than 2 hours from home ….

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2022, 10:33 AM
It’s still more than 2 hours from home ….

...not if home is moved abroad.

Since452
26-05-2022, 10:41 AM
Dundee to knock Hibs out the cup next season. You just know it's going to happen :greengrin

Diclonius
26-05-2022, 11:16 AM

Really don't think these kind of things matter tbh given he never played for them.

SaulGoodman
26-05-2022, 01:54 PM
https://i.ibb.co/RzWHRKT/C81784-C1-5-CAF-4-A0-C-BBBE-737-C8365555-C.png
Whoever it is doesn’t look like Maloney

Billy Whizz
26-05-2022, 02:00 PM
https://i.ibb.co/RzWHRKT/C81784-C1-5-CAF-4-A0-C-BBBE-737-C8365555-C.png
Whoever it is doesn’t look like Maloney

Could be Maloney

JimBHibees
26-05-2022, 02:20 PM

While it's fair to say he had his difficulties it is also fair to say we were struggling big time and can understand why the club got rid as there were not enough signs that things would improve if he was given longer and had another window.

Since452
26-05-2022, 02:22 PM
Might suit Maloney and Dundee. They should have the squad to win that league. They'll certainly be favourites. Interesting to see how he gets on but I've already primed the Dundee fans at work not to get their hopes up.

JimBHibees
26-05-2022, 02:22 PM
Could be Maloney

Tend to agree though not sure his legs seem long enough though looks like how he normally dresses. :greengrin

JimBHibees
26-05-2022, 02:23 PM

Bizarre in respect they got McGhee instead that is for sure

Since452
26-05-2022, 03:00 PM
Bizarre in respect they got McGhee instead that is for sure

There are definitely parallels between Hibs and Dundee in terms of sacking managers who have done relatively well and it backfiring.

Stubbsy90+2
26-05-2022, 03:21 PM
There are definitely parallels between Hibs and Dundee in terms of sacking managers who have done relatively well and it backfiring.

Was McPake not sacked during one of Dundee’s best spells of the season? Where as Ross was sacked during one of our worst spells in years?

In some respects there was parallels, in some they couldn’t have been more different.

Alex Trager
26-05-2022, 03:24 PM
Apprently not Maloney

Since452
26-05-2022, 03:25 PM
Turns out it isn't Maloney in pic.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2022, 03:26 PM
Apprently not Maloney

John Potter maybe?

Sean1875
26-05-2022, 03:48 PM
Turns out it isn't Maloney in pic.

It’s a guy I used to work with in Dundee in the picture, superb. 100% not Maloney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanton Spence
26-05-2022, 04:13 PM
It’s a guy I used to work with in Dundee in the picture, superb. 100% not Maloney.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkFunny name superb? [emoji12]

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Inconsequential
26-05-2022, 05:01 PM
Funny name superb? [emoji12]

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk I zoomed right in and it looks like Maloney to me! Definitely maybe. At first I didn't think it was him.
Can nobody do a crop and edit or do I have to do everything myself? Honestly. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2022, 07:45 PM
Dont think it's Maloney, nae cones anywhere to be seen.

cabbageandribs1875
26-05-2022, 08:45 PM
the forensic boys on a dundee forum say it's not wee shaun :greengrin

Waxy
26-05-2022, 08:53 PM
Its Shaun Baloney

IberianHibernian
26-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Agree.

I think results wise he can’t have a lot of complaints about getting sacked. He can have a hell of a lot of complaints about the backing he received though imo after having the best non old firm player by a mile sold for a huge fee the minute he was in the door and then having him replaced by a bunch of young laddies with little first team experience.

I don’t think Maloneys time at Hibs really told us anything about his ability as a manager. Jack Ross wasn’t doing any better with a better squad when he got sacked and I’m not all that convinced most other managers would have done much better with what Maloney was left with post Boyle.Exactly . Even resultswise , what were club expecting without Boyle and 5 or 6 other first team players out every match ? Even then , the performance against Dundee Utd in last pre split home match was one of our best of season and Hampden semi showed he certainly knew how to motivate players . We were very close to 4th and a cup final .Maybe even that wouldn`t have been enough to keep him in job . i wish him well but if he`s Dundee manager ( not sure if it`s confirmed ) I think he may have a hard time as I doubt he`ll have resources to buy a better squad than ICT , Partick Th and maybe others . He`ll have problems with fans understandable dssatisfaction after sacking of McPake and employment of McGhee though after Hibs he should be used to unpredictable decisionmaking . If he can overcome those obstacles and get Dundee promoted he`ll have learned a lot from his time with us and Dundee and will be in demand elsewhere .

Brown Hibs
26-05-2022, 10:32 PM
He was given as fair a chance as anyone else would’ve got. The football was absolutely dire and the results were embarrassing.

4 months and no windows is a fair chance? Embarrassing comment. Maloney may or may not succeed. Hibs have treated him shamefully in any case.

Northernhibee
26-05-2022, 10:39 PM
4 months and no windows is a fair chance? Embarrassing comment. Maloney may or may not succeed. Hibs have treated him shamefully in any case.

He did get a window. He largely brought in awful players.

Maloney is arguably the worst manager in our history and at very best may only be saved from that accolade by Butcher. Didn’t make himself popular and the football was atrocious.

He got more time than he deserved.

StarryPloughHSC
27-05-2022, 03:28 AM

Maloney is arguably the worst manager in our history and at very best may only be saved from that accolade by Butcher. Didn’t make himself popular and the football was atrocious.

well said mate he thought bushiri was good that says it all for me

Since452
27-05-2022, 05:30 AM

If it wasn't for the injury list he would have been punted after two months not four. It bought him time. Painfully out of his depth.

Dmas
27-05-2022, 05:38 AM
If it wasn't for the injury list he would have been punted after two months not four. It bought him time. Painfully out of his depth.

Come on now had he had a fully fit squad to pick from he’d have had a much better chance at it the injuries played a huge part, he had to try and build the confidence of guys like wright Scott and Campbell all pretty much unused and unwanted by Ross became first picks for Maloney.

Having the options of fully fit players such as doidge Nisbet magennis and Clarke from the start would have made things a lot easier, he’d lost all 3 of the players that made JR’s season so good the previous year throwing in the Boyle sale any team and manager would struggle losing 3 who made so much impact

The Captain....
27-05-2022, 06:57 AM
Wonder where Dundee would have finished had McPake not been bulleted in favour of the disastrous McGhee appointment.

Dundee are a basket case of a football club. I don't know how anyone could watch the slow car crash that was Maloney's tenure at Hibs and think "he's the man for us". In almost every metric he seemed found wanting..tactically, problem solving, subs, communicating ideas, working with the media. Maybe he'll have learned a lot and be able to put it into practice at Dundee but it's a hell of a risk imo.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Stubbsy90+2
27-05-2022, 06:58 AM

Maloney had a 45% win record after 2 months. So yeah, I think we can safely say he wouldn’t have been sacked if it wasn’t for the injury list and the idea that it was some sort of saving grace for him is nonsense. That injury list played a huge part in our results ending up costing his job, it certainly didn’t keep him in it :faf:

Stubbsy90+2
27-05-2022, 07:00 AM

And the squad he took over was awful and being carried by one player. That one player got sold almost immediately as Maloney came in the door.

I presume we can lay the blame for building such a poor squad and a one man team at Jack Ross’ door if we can lay the blame for January recruitment at Maloneys?

DH1875
27-05-2022, 07:09 AM
Maloney is apparently going to Burnley as their new assistant manager.

bigwheel
27-05-2022, 07:13 AM

Would be a perfect gig for him

Jdawg
27-05-2022, 07:18 AM
He was given as fair a chance as anyone else would’ve got. The football was absolutely dire and the results were embarrassing. spot on. He was absolutely hopeless.

superfurryhibby
27-05-2022, 07:30 AM
spot on. He was absolutely hopeless.

Maloney was awful, rank rotten awful. Up there with Butcher, Duffy and Calderwood as the worst at Hibs over the past 50 years of my supporting the team.

HendoDelivered
27-05-2022, 08:59 AM

Good move if true. No doubt a top coach, just not manager material (IMO)

SaulGoodman
27-05-2022, 09:28 AM

Should you not be focusing on your next coaching job, Shaun?

greenginger
27-05-2022, 09:36 AM

Maloney as appointed on 20th December, there was a January window.

OstKurve Hibs
27-05-2022, 09:51 AM

I’m in no way suggesting that’s anything exceptional btw but I think it’s a bit harsh to suggest he showed absolutely no potential whatsoever and that he was awful. With the job he took on and the players he was given he was pretty much doomed to fail the minute Boyle left, then Nisbet got injured and Porteous kept on getting himself suspended just to compound the disaster further.

Spot on, a lot on here dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.

SMAXXA
27-05-2022, 09:56 AM
Good move if true. No doubt a top coach, just not manager material (IMO)

Far to early to say that he’s a young coach / manager who’s had limited time as his own man. Didn’t go well but he might bounce back you never know, wouldn’t write anyone off so soon.

Stubbsy90+2
27-05-2022, 09:58 AM
Far to early to say that he’s a young coach / manager who’s had limited time as his own man. Didn’t go well but he might bounce back you never know, wouldn’t write anyone off so soon.

Yup.

His time at Hibs tells us very little as to his ability as a manager imo.

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2022, 10:24 AM

Vincent Kompany is most likely getting the managers gig, i presume Kompany will know Maloney from the Belgian set up

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2022, 11:33 AM
Vincent Kompany is most likely getting the managers gig, i presume Kompany will know Maloney from the Belgian set up

Think it will be a real disaster actually. Kompany hasn't really done anything special as a manager and that is a brutal league