PDA

View Full Version : Ross Stewart

Leith Green
22-05-2022, 07:40 PM
Had an excellent season for Sunderland, could he do a job for the Scotland national team? Be good to have another decent option up front.

Wilson
22-05-2022, 07:43 PM
Nah.

BILLYHIBS
22-05-2022, 07:49 PM
Nope

Leith Green
22-05-2022, 07:50 PM
Nah.

Not seen a lot of him , just heard that kevin phillips saying he is excellent the other night and he scored again at wembley in play off final.. Hadnt heatd of him before to be honest

BILLYHIBS
22-05-2022, 07:57 PM
Scored against us a couple of times for Ross County was a handful but you are talking Scotland we are heading for the World Cup we will be dining at the top table we need better than League One 😀

Leith Green
22-05-2022, 08:00 PM
Scored against us a couple of times for Ross County was a handful but you are talking Scotland we are heading for the World Cup we will be dining at the top table we need better than League One 😀

I honestly cant remember him playing in Scottish football. He will be playing championship next season though , if he does well next season at that level then possibly be in and around the national team squad

easty
22-05-2022, 08:03 PM
I think he’ll struggle next season for Sunderland. Boys had a good season, but unless he’s improved massively from when he was at Ross County, then he’s no going to be playing for Scotland.

Let’s not get carried away with how he’s done in League One. Cole “the goal” Stockton scored 3 less than him in 5 less games this season, in a much worse team. That leagues no up to much.

brog
22-05-2022, 08:03 PM
I honestly cant remember him playing in Scottish football. He will be playing championship next season though , if he does well next season at that level then possibly be in and around the national team squad

I'm pretty sure he was called up already for last squad. Personally I think he's way below international class but we're not exactly spoiled for choice.

NC1875
22-05-2022, 08:09 PM
Don’t think he’s any worse than Lyndon Dykes personally so hopefully he kicks on in the championship next season and he gives us another option.

Risboro Hibby
22-05-2022, 08:17 PM
Living down here now. Wycombe are my local team and I was at Wembley yesterday. Stewart scored a good goal but if truth be told he was given too much time by Wycombe to pick his spot. He won’t get this time at Championship or International level. So I would hold fire a bit and see what he does next season.

ElginHibbie
22-05-2022, 08:20 PM
Dunno much about him, but sure I saw he'd been linked with Rangers recently, decent chance all agent talk though

From a Scotland point of view though we are reliant on Adams for the play offs and Ireland game, ones against Armenia others can be given a chance

Smartie
22-05-2022, 08:22 PM
Don’t think he’s any worse than Lyndon Dykes personally so hopefully he kicks on in the championship next season and he gives us another option.

I don't think he's any worse than Lyndon Dykes but many times better than Kevin Nisbet.

He's not at Che Adams' level (who I think is now looking good at international level) but he's definitely worthy of a place in the squad.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on next season. He's an awkward customer but might not be so able to knock defenders around when he steps up a level.

I like him and think he's a very good player but he's been linked with Rangers so I reserve the right to revise my opinion to "prick, and pish" if he joins them.

Leith Green
22-05-2022, 08:25 PM
I think that Scotlands options in that department arent the greatest in all honesty. You never know , he may do well next season in the championship. Alternatively , he could be rubbish at that level and spend the season on loan at Hibs 😂

davhibby
22-05-2022, 11:06 PM
I’d have him in the squad ahead of Brown that’s at Stoke. If Nisbet was fit I think he’d be in the squad ahead of Stewart

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2022, 07:59 AM
He has done amazing for Sunderland and deserves a call up but maybe not for the Ukraine match. Would be good to see him appear in a friendly

Brown Hibs
23-05-2022, 08:07 AM
I wonder how close we were to signing him? I was totally underwhelmed when we were linked as I can barely remember him for county aside from that night in Dingwall he scored a brace I think? Shows what I know. He looks a decent prospect in League 1. He didn't score many in Scotland however.

oneone73
23-05-2022, 08:34 AM
He has done amazing for Sunderland and deserves a call up but maybe not for the Ukraine match. Would be good to see him appear in a friendly

No friendlies any more. Would have to be Nations League.

number9dream
23-05-2022, 08:39 AM
No friendlies any more. Would have to be Nations League.

We just played two friendlies with Poland and Austria, but we know what you mean... Four or five games coming up in June, so there will be plenty of chances to test the squad depth.

oneone73
23-05-2022, 08:40 AM
We just played two friendlies with Poland and Austria, but we know what you mean... Four or five games coming up in June, so there will be plenty of chances to test the squad depth.

True, but that was only because the Ukraine game was moved. There are no spaces for friendlies in the international calendar any more.

eastmainsmsh
23-05-2022, 10:00 AM
Sorry if posted I think we were interested when Oli Shaw went to County

Diclonius
23-05-2022, 10:08 AM
26 goals in 49 league games is pretty damn good even for League One, and especially for a young (ish) Scottish striker. I'd definitely have him in the squad.

Smartie
23-05-2022, 10:53 AM
26 goals in 49 league games is pretty damn good even for League One, and especially for a young (ish) Scottish striker. I'd definitely have him in the squad.

There's quite a bit more to him than goals as well, he's not just a poacher who gets millions of chances and scores a few.

Holds the ball up and links play well, competes for everything with defenders aerially, chases them down when not in possession.

Allant1981
23-05-2022, 04:39 PM
In the scotland squad

greenlex
26-05-2022, 05:31 PM
He like a Scottish Christian Doidge. He’s a decent player/scorer not afraid of a bit graft. I like him.

StarryPloughHSC
26-05-2022, 05:35 PM
it shows you how overrated league 1 is if he is running riot lol the defending for his goal against wycombe was mls level

hibees 7062
26-05-2022, 05:35 PM
The Rangers are interested in signing him

easty
26-05-2022, 06:47 PM
The Rangers are interested in signing him

They’d be better off trying to get the boy Simms who was at Hearts from Everton.

Far better player than Ross Stewart.