PDA

View Full Version : League Cup draw

PatHead
22-05-2022, 09:09 AM
Takes place next Wednesday. Wonder if we will be north or south section?

andrew70
22-05-2022, 09:17 AM
Takes place next Wednesday. Wonder if we will be north or south section?

It’s not regionalised this season

Sir David Gray
22-05-2022, 09:45 AM
Open draw this season.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/premier-sports-cup-202223

hibee-boys
22-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Weekend of 9th/10th July, didn’t realise it started so early. Any idea when our pre season starts? Hopefully get a decent away game to attend at one of the weekends.

Sir David Gray
22-05-2022, 10:24 AM
Weekend of 9th/10th July, didn’t realise it started so early. Any idea when our pre season starts? Hopefully get a decent away game to attend at one of the weekends.

The players are back for pre-season training on Saturday 18th June.

LancsHibs
22-05-2022, 07:25 PM
We will obviously be in pot 1, be interesting to see what the seedlings are to see who we might draw.

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2022, 07:53 PM
We will obviously be in pot 1, be interesting to see what the seedlings are to see who we might draw.

...and what our root to the next round might be.

Sir David Gray
22-05-2022, 07:55 PM

It will be;

Pot 1

Ross County
Livingston
Hibs
St Mirren
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
Dundee
Kilmarnock

Pot 2

Arbroath
Inverness CT
Partick Thistle
Raith Rovers
Hamilton Academical
Greenock Morton
Ayr Utd
Dunfermline Athletic

Pot 3

Queen of the South
Cove Rangers
Airdrieonians
Montrose
Queen's Park
Alloa Athletic
Falkirk
Peterhead

Pot 4

Clyde
Dumbarton
East Fife
Kelty Hearts
Forfar Athletic
Annan Athletic
Edinburgh City
Stenhousemuir

Pot 5

Stranraer
Stirling Albion
Albion Rovers
Elgin City
Cowdenbeath
Fraserburgh
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
Buckie Thistle

LancsHibs
22-05-2022, 08:03 PM
It will be;

Pot 1

Ross County
Livingston
Hibs
St Mirren
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
Dundee
Kilmarnock

Pot 2

Arbroath
Inverness CT
Partick Thistle
Raith Rovers
Hamilton Academical
Greenock Morton
Ayr Utd
Dunfermline Athletic

Pot 3

Queen of the South
Cove Rangers
Airdrieonians
Montrose
Queen's Park
Alloa Athletic
Falkirk
Peterhead

Pot 4

Clyde
Dumbarton
East Fife
Kelty Hearts
Forfar Athletic
Annan Athletic
Edinburgh City
Stenhousemuir

Pot 5

Stranraer
Stirling Albion
Albion Rovers
Elgin City
Cowdenbeath
Fraserburgh
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
Buckie Thistle

I fancy Pars/Queens Park/Annan/Stranraer for no other reason than I fancy making at least one away trip😁

IberianHibernian
22-05-2022, 08:17 PM
If we make last 16 which is far from certain as I suppose only 3 of 2nds in groups will qualify , would we be seeded having finished 8th or would that depend on group results ?

Wilson
22-05-2022, 08:24 PM
...and what our root to the next round might be.

Seedlings. Root. Like it :)

Sir David Gray
22-05-2022, 08:39 PM
If we make last 16 which is far from certain as I suppose only 3 of 2nds in groups will qualify , would we be seeded having finished 8th or would that depend on group results ?

We'll be seeded for the last 16 if we finish top of our group and are also one of the top 3 performing group winners.

davhibby
22-05-2022, 10:44 PM
It will be;

Pot 1

Ross County
Livingston
Hibs
St Mirren
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
Dundee
Kilmarnock

Pot 2

Arbroath
Inverness CT
Partick Thistle
Raith Rovers
Hamilton Academical
Greenock Morton
Ayr Utd
Dunfermline Athletic

Pot 3

Queen of the South
Cove Rangers
Airdrieonians
Montrose
Queen's Park
Alloa Athletic
Falkirk
Peterhead

Pot 4

Clyde
Dumbarton
East Fife
Kelty Hearts
Forfar Athletic
Annan Athletic
Edinburgh City
Stenhousemuir

Pot 5

Stranraer
Stirling Albion
Albion Rovers
Elgin City
Cowdenbeath
Fraserburgh
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
Buckie Thistle

Pot 3 to 5 are all in the same seeding. There’s only the top 2 seeds. We’re at home to a pot 2 team then we play 3 unseeded teams, 1 home and 2 away. I’d personally like Albion Rovers as I’ve never been

JimBHibees
23-05-2022, 06:19 AM
Pot 3 to 5 are all in the same seeding. There’s only the top 2 seeds. We’re at home to a pot 2 team then we play 3 unseeded teams, 1 home and 2 away. I’d personally like Albion Rovers as I’ve never been

Wouldn't get your hopes up re Albion Rovers :greengrin

HH81
23-05-2022, 06:41 AM
QOTS and Annan away please for selfish reasons 😁.

hibbyfraelibby
23-05-2022, 09:03 AM
As long as Edinburgh City and Bonnyrigg Rose are our away teams I can attend all the games saving a fortune by using my bus pass on the 31🙂

Billy Whizz
23-05-2022, 09:35 AM
As long as Edinburgh City and Bonnyrigg Rose are our away teams I can attend all the games saving a fortune by using my bus pass on the 31🙂

That would be a good draw too, puts some into the coffers of local teams

Diclonius
23-05-2022, 09:47 AM
We'll be at home to the second seed and the second unseeded team drawn out the hat.

Would love an away tie v anyone from Alloa, Falkirk, Kelty, Stenhousemuir, Stirling or Cowdenbeath. Make it happen.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2022, 12:43 PM

True.

Those will definitely be the 5 pots though.

I'd take;

Hibs
Dunfermline
Fraserburgh
Bonnyrigg Rose
Buckie Thistle

Billy Whizz
23-05-2022, 01:18 PM
True.

Those will definitely be the 5 pots though.

I'd take;

Hibs
Dunfermline
Fraserburgh
Bonnyrigg Rose
Buckie Thistle

2 long away journeys, no thanks from me. Fuel is extortionate just now

04Sauzee
24-05-2022, 11:06 AM
Confirmed pots and dates

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/premier-sports-cup-draw-details

Sir David Gray
24-05-2022, 11:12 AM
Confirmed pots and dates

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/premier-sports-cup-draw-details

Not so sure this needed to be announced by the SPFL to be honest, a quick glance at the 21/22 league tables tells everyone what the pots would be. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-05-2022, 11:18 AM

Based on Hibs' announcement it looks like that's not the case this season.

One team from each pot will be placed into each group.

I'll go for my original group of;

Hibs
Dunfermline
Peterhead
Stenhousemuir
Buckie Thistle

Diclonius
24-05-2022, 11:41 AM
Our away games will be v those in pot 3 and 5. I'll take Alloa/Falkirk and Stirling/Cowdenbeath please.

Smartie
24-05-2022, 11:42 AM
It would be nice to dole out a firm pumping to Falkirk whilst they're as pish as they are currently.

evy
24-05-2022, 11:48 AM
The World Cup bring at a stupid time of year means the final isn't at a stupid of year!

davhibby
24-05-2022, 11:56 AM
Based on Hibs' announcement it looks like that's not the case this season.

One team from each pot will be placed into each group.

I'll go for my original group of;

Hibs
Dunfermline
Peterhead
Stenhousemuir
Buckie Thistle

Yep, was just about to come here to say that. They must’ve changed it with the lack of regionalisation. To be fair it makes sense and means there’s less chance of teams from the same league playing each other.

Wonder how they’ll work who we play at home and away. Wonder if that might change as well, but nothing mentioned in the statement

Sir David Gray
24-05-2022, 12:09 PM
Our away games will be v those in pot 3 and 5. I'll take Alloa/Falkirk and Stirling/Cowdenbeath please.

Is that a definite considering the other changes which have taken place for this season's tournament?

hibsforeurope
24-05-2022, 12:28 PM
i take it as the seeded team we can choose when we play our games, i notice match weekend 5 clashes with the Norwich game.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2022, 12:57 PM
i take it as the seeded team we can choose when we play our games, i notice match weekend 5 clashes with the Norwich game.

I wouldn't have thought so.

Either Hibs are confident that matchday 5 will be our free weekend for the League Cup or we'll need to reschedule the friendly.

I'd be surprised if we are able to tell the SPFL that we can't play that weekend because we have arranged a friendly.

Mcbizz1998
24-05-2022, 01:07 PM
QOTS and Annan away please for selfish reasons [emoji16].

Same for me. My wife is from Dumfries and her parents still live there. Wee jaunt down for a few beers, see the Hibees and a free place to stay!

at last 61
24-05-2022, 01:14 PM
I would like an away trip for the weekend so either montrose, arbroath or Ayr would be fine with me, and an away trip to Bonnyrigg, but knowing my luck we will get Cowdenbeath raith rovers, Falkirk 😁

davhibby
24-05-2022, 01:17 PM

Either Hibs are confident that matchday 5 will be our free weekend for the League Cup or we'll need to reschedule the friendly.

I'd be surprised if we are able to tell the SPFL that we can't play that weekend because we have arranged a friendly.

They seem to be quite happy to take on requests for the groups. Other teams have done this before and Partick Thistle are getting their home games at the end of the group to allow them to sort the pitch out at Firhill

Sir David Gray
24-05-2022, 01:21 PM
They seem to be quite happy to take on requests for the groups. Other teams have done this before and Partick Thistle are getting their home games at the end of the group to allow them to sort the pitch out at Firhill

Fair enough then that would be quite a civilised way of dealing with things for a change!

hibbyfraelibby
24-05-2022, 01:51 PM

Why not? Clubs are allowed, I think, 2 but at least 1 league match postponement to play friendlies. Remember when Celtic did it to us a couple of years ago?

Sir David Gray
24-05-2022, 02:05 PM
Why not? Clubs are allowed, I think, 2 but at least 1 league match postponement to play friendlies. Remember when Celtic did it to us a couple of years ago?

There's less flexibility in rearranging League Cup ties as the group stage is only played over the course of two weeks but another poster has already said the requests of other clubs have been accommodated with the League Cup. There's 5 gameweeks set aside for the group stage but each team only has 4 matches to play so perhaps we'll be able to request a free weekend in gameweek 5.

hibbyfraelibby
24-05-2022, 03:08 PM
There's less flexibility in rearranging League Cup ties as the group stage is only played over the course of two weeks but another poster has already said the requests of other clubs have been accommodated with the League Cup. There's 5 gameweeks set aside for the group stage but each team only has 4 matches to play so perhaps we'll be able to request a free weekend in gameweek 5.

Mmmm...the 5 week fortnight. How Covid has change our perception of time😉

Sir David Gray
24-05-2022, 03:16 PM
Mmmm...the 5 week fortnight. How Covid has change our perception of time😉

Apologies gameweekend 5. :wink:

Diclonius
25-05-2022, 11:20 AM
Assume the match-ups will be:
Pot 1: home to 2 and 4, away to 3 and 5
Pot 2: home to 3 and 5, away to 1 and 4
Pot 3: home to 1 and 4, away to 2 and 5
Pot 4: home to 2 and 5, away to 1 and 3
Pot 5: home to 1 and 3, away to 2 and 4

Oscar T Grouch
25-05-2022, 11:50 AM
Is this online as well as on TV? I have checked Premier Sports YouTube channel but it doesn't look like it is on there. Any ideas? I am at work and don't have a TV here.

Found it I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MCQjFrAQdA

Big_Franck
25-05-2022, 12:03 PM
Is this online as well as on TV? I have checked Premier Sports YouTube channel but it doesn't look like it is on there. Any ideas? I am at work and don't have a TV here.

Found it I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MCQjFrAQdA

It's on freesportsplayer.tv

Diclonius
25-05-2022, 12:10 PM
Group D
Home: Morton, Clyde
Away: Falkirk, Bonnyrigg

Hermit Crab
Group A
Aberdeen
Raith Rovers
Peterhead
Dumbarton
Stirling

Group B
Kilmarnock
Partick Thistle
Montrose
Stenhousemuir
Fraserburgh

Croup C
Ross County
Dunfermline
Alloa
East Fife
Buckie Thistle

Group D
Hibs
Morton
Falkirk
Clyde
Bonnyrigg Rose

Group E
St Mirren
Arbroath
Airdrie
Edinburgh City
Cowdenbeath

Group F
St Johnstone
Ayr Utd
QoTS
Annan
Elgin City

Group G
Livingston
ICT
Cove Rangers
Kelty Hearts
Albion Rovers

Group H
Dundee
Hamilton
Queens Park
Forfar
Stranraer

SteveHFC
Hibs
Morton
Falkirk
Clyde
Bonnyrigg

Hibernian Verse
25-05-2022, 12:11 PM
Group D

Falkirk away :greengrin happy days

Diclonius
Might try and go to both away ties, defo Falkirk.

Oscar T Grouch
Two good away days. Good pre season matches. Happy with this group

Mikey_1875
25-05-2022, 12:14 PM
Was hoping for more of an adventure than falkirk and bonnyrigg but it’s a good group to hopefully take maximum points from.

Ryan91
Nice relatively local away trips with Bonnyrigg and Falkirk, no daft long trips to the Highlands

Hermit Crab

Falkirk is a horrendous away day. Terrible stadium, town and support.

Hibernian Verse
25-05-2022, 12:16 PM

The stadiums fine for away fans but you are spot on about the town and support.

SteveHFC
25-05-2022, 12:17 PM
Group D

Is this guaranteed?

Bonnyrigg is just up the road from me so perfect. :greengrin

hibby rae
25-05-2022, 12:17 PM

I would have preferred Cappielow over Falkirk Stadium, old grounds and their terracing is more fun.

But happy with Bonnyrigg Rose away.

I wonder what our allocation will be? Bonnyrigg won't need to offer more to us to fill out their ground, they'll have a decent crowd anyway.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 12:18 PM
Is this guranteed?

AST will be handy for this, lucky if we will get 400 tickets.

B.H.F.C
Is this guranteed?

Ticket scramble! Capacity is 2600, Hibs will only get 4 or 500 I think.

davhibby
Is this guaranteed?

It’s how they’ve done it in the past but they never used 5 separate pots for seeding until this year so it’s possible they might have changed it

Hermit Crab
I would have preferred Cappielow over Falkirk Stadium, old grounds and their terracing is more fun.

I wonder what our allocation will be? Bonnyrigg won't need to offer more to us to fill out their ground, their have a decent crowd anyway.

Be lucky to get 400 tickets, they will pack their ground for this one.

Hibernian Verse
25-05-2022, 12:19 PM
Bonnyrigg might ask to play it at Tynecastle again to maximise revenue

Coco Bryce
25-05-2022, 12:20 PM
The stadiums fine for away fans but you are spot on about the town and support.

Good for pavement dancers at the train station though :greengrin

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 12:20 PM

Yeah, won't be far off that. Unless they want to switch the game to Easter rd.

SteveHFC
25-05-2022, 12:21 PM
AST will be handy for this, lucky if we will get 400 tickets.

Wonder if they'll do the AST for the away games.

Ryan91
Good for pavement dancers at the train station though :greengrin

Ah, those were the days. Fond memories of yesteryear

hibby rae

I don't think they're allowed to do that anymore.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2022, 12:22 PM

Agreed with the stadium and support.

Nothing wrong with the town.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2022, 12:22 PM

Can’t see it. It’s not really any different to drawing any other lower league club now. Not sure they’d even be allowed to now as they have to meet certain standards etc for being in the league.

mcohibs
25-05-2022, 12:23 PM

Officially Bonnyrigg can squeeze 2600 but they've capped tickets for safety recently. I was at the playoff with Cowdenbeath a couple of weeks ago which was a ticketed sell out, attendance 2200.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 12:24 PM
Officially Bonnyrigg can squeeze 2600 but they've capped tickets for safety recently. I was at the playoff with Cowdenbeath a couple of weeks ago which was a ticketed sell out, attendance 2200.

Was there segregation at that game?

Oscar T Grouch
25-05-2022, 12:25 PM

I wonder what our allocation will be? Bonnyrigg won't need to offer more to us to fill out their ground, they'll have a decent crowd anyway.

Yeah Falkirk is a *****hole but I would love to go there and hump them badly, I have a special place of hate in my heart for them so the opportunity to hurt them at their half finished stadium makes me warm inside :greengrin
For Bonnyrigg I'd be surprised if we get over 400 tickets, so it's good to be an AST holder!!

B.H.F.C
25-05-2022, 12:26 PM
Was there segregation at that game?

Not really. Cowdenbeath fans had a separate bit to stand at but it’s impossible not to mix reaching it and nothing to stop folk wandering over that direction.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 12:28 PM
Not really. Cowdenbeath fans had a separate bit to stand at but it’s impossible not to mix reaching it.

I get the feeling there will have to be segregation at this match, assuming of course we are gong to be away to Bonnyrigg.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2022, 12:29 PM
I get the feeling there will have to be segregation at this match, assuming of course we are gong to be away to Bonnyrigg.

The way the ground is set up, I don’t see it. And don’t think there is any need for it. They’ll just do the same as they did for the playoff or when they’ve had big junior cup ties in the past.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 12:30 PM
Yeah Falkirk is a *****hole but I would love to go there and hump them badly, I have a special place of hate in my heart for them so the opportunity to hurt them at their half finished stadium makes me warm inside :greengrin
For Bonnyrigg I'd be surprised if we get over 400 tickets, so it's good to be an AST holder!!

Thinking about this, if theres 350 AST holders again next season and only 400-500 tickets that doesn't leave many tickets for normal ST holders plus players and staff allocations as well. Could be tricky for Hibs to work this one out.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 12:32 PM
The way the ground is set up, I don’t see it. And don’t think there is any need for it. They’ll just do the same as they did for the playoff or when they’ve had big junior cup ties in the past.

There absolutely will be a need for segregation imo.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2022, 12:33 PM

Why?

davhibby
25-05-2022, 12:36 PM
If Falkirk and Bonnyrigg are our away games I could see them both being picked for the TV

Oscar T Grouch
25-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Thinking about this, if theres 350 AST holders again next season and only 400-500 tickets that doesn't leave many tickets for normal ST holders plus players and staff allocations as well. Could be tricky for Hibs to work this one out.

Aye I suppose we better hope for 500 to make sure everyone is covered, could end up being no sale to ST holders unless there is a dramatic down turn in AST holders next season, or as has already been mooted somewhere, the AST scheme might not even exist next season! Need to wait and see!

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 12:41 PM
Why?

You know why.

KeithTheHibby
25-05-2022, 12:42 PM

They don’t even use that. Only 2200 at the playoff game against Cowdenbeath. They are putting in temporary seating behind the goals as it’s a grass terracing at present so I have no idea how this will affect capacity.

DIXIHIBS
25-05-2022, 12:42 PM
Why?
A lot of hertz/huns support bonnyrigg as a "2nd" team. Seem to remember quite a few hertz scarfs when we played them at tynecastle.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2022, 12:45 PM
They don’t even use that. Only 2200 at the playoff game against Cowdenbeath. They are putting in temporary seating behind the goals as it’s a grass terracing at present so I have no idea how this will affect capacity.

They’re doing work behind both goals, don’t think it’s seating though. Just a terrace at one end and flattened and tarred at the other end. They’re looking at a stand on the dugout side but that’s for down the line.

Leith_Hibee
25-05-2022, 12:46 PM
Yeah, won't be far off that. Unless they want to switch the game to Easter rd.

Might be a decent chance of the game getting moved. I read that follwong promotion, Bonnyrigg are undertaking some ground improvements including building some new terracing this close season.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2022, 12:47 PM
You know why.

Na I don’t.

They’ll apply a bit common sense like they always have. Hibs fans will be directed to a specific area but there’s not going to be barriers up and all that.

Far more risk of trouble when the likes of Auchinleck came through in the past.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 12:48 PM
Might be a decent chance of the game getting moved. I read that follwong promotion, Bonnyrigg are undertaking some ground improvements including building some new terracing this close season.

All work will have to be completed before the start of the season surely? :confused:

HendoDelivered
25-05-2022, 12:48 PM
Good fixtures for us IMO

Mcbizz1998
25-05-2022, 12:51 PM
All the others we can probably go and experiment a bit but let’s go full strength and absolutely humiliate Falkirk.

04Sauzee
25-05-2022, 12:58 PM
All the others we can probably go and experiment a bit but let’s go full strength and absolutely humiliate Falkirk.

Absolutely, Marshall rolling it out to Charlie Adam, who fees it to McGeady on the wing who crosses it for Fletcher. Absolute scenes 😁😁

Tongue in cheek obviously but I hope we give them a skelping.

hibby rae
25-05-2022, 12:59 PM

Did they not have Falkirk at home in in the Scottish Cup in the not too distant past?

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 01:00 PM
A lot of hertz/huns support bonnyrigg as a "2nd" team. Seem to remember quite a few hertz scarfs when we played them at tynecastle.

Yep, just read some of the comments and look at the profile pictures in the replies here.

https://twitter.com/BonnyriggRose/status/1529437422148255744

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 01:02 PM
Na I don’t.

They’ll apply a bit common sense like they always have. Hibs fans will be directed to a specific area but there’s not going to be barriers up and all that.

Far more risk of trouble when the likes of Auchinleck came through in the past.

Its almost guaranteed there will be some trouble, in fact I reckon the game will be moved to another venue.

hibsfan7
25-05-2022, 01:04 PM
I remeber the game at tynecastle against bonnyrigg
ewen mcleod came out with the famous quote hibs score 7 at tynecastle

B.H.F.C
25-05-2022, 01:04 PM
Its almost guaranteed there will be some trouble, in fact I reckon the game will be moved to another venue.

Absolutely no reason for it to be moved.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2022, 01:07 PM

For balance, I know quite a number of Hibs supporters (including myself and others who post on here) that go to watch Bonnyrigg when Hibs don’t have a game.

Broken Gnome
25-05-2022, 01:09 PM

They'll be kidding themselves if they think they'll get anywhere near the Scottish Cup crowd, would be half that.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2022, 01:10 PM
I’m presuming actual dates will be announce when Premier decide on the TV games?

hibby rae
25-05-2022, 01:16 PM
Just to check, is this just speculation or confirmed what the home and away ties will be?

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 01:23 PM
Just to check, is this just speculation or confirmed what the home and away ties will be?

Its educated guesswork based on previous years draws.

JGS56
25-05-2022, 02:43 PM

Top Pool team (Hibs) play at home to second and fourth pool teams and away to third and fifth pool teams.

thebakerboy
25-05-2022, 02:45 PM
Bonnyrigg gave 800 tickets to Cowdenbeath for play off but they sent some back

hibbyfraelibby
25-05-2022, 02:47 PM
Any truth we are ripping up the pitch today and that our first game on it will be the Norwich game meaning all the LC ties are away from home?

Diclonius
25-05-2022, 02:53 PM
Any truth we are ripping up the pitch today and that our first game on it will be the Norwich game meaning all the LC ties are away from home?

Surely we would still have a designated home ground? Ainslie Park?

Wheat Hound
25-05-2022, 03:18 PM

Playing Norwich at ER 24th July so would doubt that.

Hibernian Verse
25-05-2022, 03:21 PM
I'm sure Maloney said the pitch was being fixed in 2023.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 03:31 PM
Bonnyrigg gave 800 tickets to Cowdenbeath for play off but they sent some back

Thats a bit better, we would easily shift 800 tickets for what is effectively a local game a short train ride away.

(well, maybe not train, but you know what I mean, easy to get to)

PatHead
25-05-2022, 03:51 PM
Good draw. Be disappointed if we don't get full points.

hibbyfraelibby
25-05-2022, 04:21 PM
Playing Norwich at ER 24th July so would doubt that.
LC games are before that

Victor
25-05-2022, 04:27 PM
Thats a bit better, we would easily shift 800 tickets for what is effectively a local game a short train ride away.

You could get a train, just an hours walk from Gorebridge. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon_the_cabbage
25-05-2022, 04:38 PM
You could get a train, just an hours walk from Gorebridge. [emoji3]

10 minutes from Eskbank!

Victor
25-05-2022, 04:52 PM
10 minutes from Eskbank!

Even better. The train it is then !

Hibby Bairn
25-05-2022, 05:24 PM

Is this the first moan of the new season?

Billy Whizz
25-05-2022, 05:26 PM
Am in right in thinking that Clyde are playing their home games at Hamilton’s stadium next season

The dalmeny
25-05-2022, 05:27 PM
Am in right in thinking that Clyde are playing their home games at Hamilton’s stadium next season

I believe so

Hermit Crab
25-05-2022, 05:28 PM

Yes, they got booted out of Broadwood by the council over the Goodwill transfer fiasco.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2022, 05:33 PM
Yes, they got booted out of Broadwood by the council over the Goodwill transfer fiasco.

So if we get Morton at home, not much travelling, suits me

andrew70
25-05-2022, 05:36 PM
Hopefully Morton and Bonnyrigg away.

mcohibs
25-05-2022, 05:39 PM
For balance, I know quite a number of Hibs supporters (including myself and others who post on here) that go to watch Bonnyrigg when Hibs don’t have a game.

I'm from Bonnyrigg and go to a fair number of Rose games when I can/if Hibs not playing. Town is split like any other in Midlothian, loads of hibbies, loads of jambos.

PatHead
25-05-2022, 05:53 PM

No its a challenge, an aim or target. Nothing wrong with being ambitious.

The draw could have been a lot tougher. I will leave the moaning to the experts.

allezsauzee
25-05-2022, 06:46 PM

I'd imagine there might have been a few Hibbies from Bonnyrigg cheering them on if they were drawn against the yams, although perhaps without feeling the need to wear green and white.

JGS56
25-05-2022, 06:46 PM
Hopefully Morton and Bonnyrigg away.

Morton and Clyde at ER, Falkirk and Bonnyrigg away.

hibbyfraelibby
25-05-2022, 07:03 PM
Morton and Clyde at ER, Falkirk and Bonnyrigg away.

Where are you hearing this?

Funkydunc
25-05-2022, 07:10 PM
Where are you hearing this?

2nd and 4th seed at home, 3rd and 5th away.

PatHead
25-05-2022, 09:22 PM

It is not a moan. It is a challenge. Nothing wrong with expecting us to beat teams from lower divisions. I hope the management and players have these standards.

If we can do it that sets us up nicely for the new season.

Silky
25-05-2022, 10:27 PM

Christ. It's 2022. Can folk no just watch the football like normal people. :rolleyes:

Dr What If?
25-05-2022, 11:26 PM

No. 49 from Leith Walk I believe :wink:

TelaStella
25-05-2022, 11:37 PM
Morton and Clyde away just for all us west coasters please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26-05-2022, 12:14 AM

Think we'll need to if we're to be seeded for the round 16. Only 3 seeded places up for grabs. Last season Hearts got 12 points and +8 goal difference but missed out on goals scored and that was with the luxury of knowing they needed to win by 2 as they were the last to play their match. Then they got drawn against Celtic at Parkhead.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2022, 06:18 AM
Think we'll need to if we're to be seeded for the round 16. Only 3 seeded places up for grabs. Last season Hearts got 12 points and +8 goal difference but missed out on goals scored and that was with the luxury of knowing they needed to win by 2 as they were the last to play their match. Then they got drawn against Celtic at Parkhead.

Yep only 6 times has a team managed to be seeded with just 11 points and they were all when 4 group winners were seeded as there were only 4 teams with a bye.

Last season was the first time that only 3 group winners were seeded and all of them got full points so I'd be surprised if it's any different this time.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2022, 06:32 AM
Can you explain the combination of results tgat gets you 11 pts fron 4 matches...or is that an answer to a questiin on a 5.30 game show on the BBC?

You get a bonus point if you win on penalties

JimBHibees
26-05-2022, 06:32 AM
Can you explain the combination of results that gets you 11 pts fron 4 matches...or is that an answer to a questiin on a 5.30 game show on the BBC?

Win three games draw the 4th and win penalty shootout which gets you 2 points

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2022, 06:33 AM
You get a bonus point if you win on penalties
Forgot about those. Cheers

Hibernian Verse
26-05-2022, 06:49 AM
If we don't take maximum points from that group LJ will be under pressure already. Not from me, I might add.

Tambo
26-05-2022, 08:55 AM
That's a nice draw for the fans, not far to travel.

Hermit Crab
26-05-2022, 09:20 AM
If we don't take maximum points from that group LJ will be under pressure already. Not from me, I might add.

Haha, nice try. :greengrin:fishin:

King Cosell
26-05-2022, 09:53 AM

Pot 1 team will defo have home advantage against Pot 2 team.

Hibernian Verse
26-05-2022, 09:55 AM
Haha, nice try. :greengrin:fishin:

Speaking of those who'll put him under pressure...:greengrin

JGS56
26-05-2022, 09:58 AM

Hard luck - Both at Easter Road

Hermit Crab
26-05-2022, 09:59 AM
Speaking of those who'll put him under pressure...:greengrin

:tee hee:

CMac1988
26-05-2022, 10:06 AM

Based on the 442 Instagram post (hospitality design team) it it looks likes it's already been ripped up. Not sure to what extent we're replacing the pitch or if it's just being reseeded.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd8LTnOIilk/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The_Sauz
26-05-2022, 10:38 AM
Based on the 442 Instagram post (hospitality design team) it it looks likes it's already been ripped up. Not sure to what extent we're replacing the pitch or if it's just being reseeded.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd8LTnOIilk/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Read a few weeks ago that they were going with a hybrid pitch next season :agree:

Moulin Yarns
26-05-2022, 10:40 AM
Read a few weeks ago that they were going with a hybrid pitch next season :agree:

Mild or plug-in? 🤔😉

The_Sauz
26-05-2022, 10:57 AM
Mild or plug-in? 🤔😉
MoanAlot plugin :greengrin

Diclonius
26-05-2022, 11:04 AM
Minimum 3-0 win against Falkirk or we won't have achieved sufficient revenge for the Houston years. Johnson out.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-05-2022, 01:30 PM
I'm from Bonnyrigg and go to a fair number of Rose games when I can/if Hibs not playing. Town is split like any other in Midlothian, loads of hibbies, loads of jambos.

And Celtic & Rangers, know a good few folk from Bonnyrigg & would say a Jambo/Celtic split is the biggest number, but with sizeable Hibs support.

davhibby
27-05-2022, 02:07 PM
Clyde at home Sat 9th
Falkirk away Tuesday 12th (On Premier)
Bonnyrigg away Sunday 17th (On Premier)
Morton at home Wed 20th

Diclonius
27-05-2022, 02:08 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/premier-sports-cup-fixture-detail-confirmed

Dates confirmed. Falkirk and Bonnyrigg away both on TV.

I'll try and make Falkirk at the very least.

Hibs07p
27-05-2022, 02:15 PM
https://www.dunbarunitedfc.com/fixtures-results/

Looks like a Hibs select will be in Dunbar on 26th July.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Garymcl
27-05-2022, 02:22 PM
Defo going to Falkirk 👍

Sir David Gray
27-05-2022, 02:25 PM
I'll be at my "home" game at Falkirk, probably won't bother with Bonnyrigg, will go to the two home games if the pricing is decent.

Billy Whizz
27-05-2022, 02:33 PM
Can’t complain at this set of fixtures. Not much travelling either

Bishop Hibee
27-05-2022, 06:49 PM
I’ll be at the Clyde game but on holiday for the Falkirk and Morton games. Back for the weekend of the Bonnyrigg match but I imagine tickets will be hard to get.

Eyrie
27-05-2022, 07:03 PM
Good to have the two away games on TV, but slightly disappointed to have a midweek home game which I'll miss.

lugz
27-05-2022, 11:48 PM
https://www.dunbarunitedfc.com/fixtures-results/

Looks like a Hibs select will be in Dunbar on 26th July.

GGTTH

Will that be the same as last pre season where it'll be a team full of younger lads playing? Stay down that way do will attend regardless.

SteveHFC
28-05-2022, 12:28 AM
Bonnyrigg 5 mins away from my house. Perfect. :greengrin

Hibs07p
28-05-2022, 05:19 AM
Will that be the same as last pre season where it'll be a team full of younger lads playing? Stay down that way do will attend regardless.
More than likely a young team I would imagine.

GGTTH

Allant1981
28-05-2022, 07:44 AM
Happy with the falkirk draw, 5 mins along the road from me

B.H.F.C
17-06-2022, 04:26 PM
Allocation of 500 for the Bonnyrigg game.

Ringothedog
17-06-2022, 04:28 PM

Easier to buy them in the Bonnyrigg end

Garymcl
17-06-2022, 04:34 PM
Gonna get my tickets through bonnyrigg next to no chance getting tickets as we only get 500

Garymcl
17-06-2022, 04:36 PM
On the subject of league cup tickets neighbor of mine asking when tickets go on sale for Clyde game on 9th July must be soon

Billy Whizz
17-06-2022, 04:39 PM

Less the number for Hibs AST holders
What does the ground hold?

B.H.F.C
17-06-2022, 04:51 PM

Capacity is 2400 for the game.

SteveHFC
17-06-2022, 11:47 PM

Email this week said AST Holders are guranteed tickets for both the Falkirk and Bonnyrigg games if they renew their AST before this Monday.