PDA

View Full Version : A View From The Terrace

Not In The Know
19-05-2022, 07:04 PM
Expert trolling from Gollum. But that’s the last straw from me for that programme with that t-shirt. About to embark on a live tour (and prob earning decent cash out it). Boys a weirdo.

https://twitter.com/theterracetv/status/1527197368982069248?s=21&t=yD83We9EKwtNDAMOr6o-PQ

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2022, 07:13 PM
Expert trolling from Gollum. But that’s the last straw from me for that programme with that t-shirt. About to embark on a live tour (and prob earning decent cash out it). Boys a weirdo.

https://twitter.com/theterracetv/status/1527197368982069248?s=21&t=yD83We9EKwtNDAMOr6o-PQ

He’s a hearts fan. And if there was a Hibs fan on there doing similar we’d be lapping it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWJ
19-05-2022, 07:21 PM
And he's loving that you've been triggered.

It's banter ffs.

Diclonius
19-05-2022, 07:23 PM
That's him done his job, well done mate.

Stairway 2 7
19-05-2022, 07:24 PM
Who would go to see them live. Some say patter is poor but some good non old firm segments. On stage must be torture

Green Man
19-05-2022, 08:02 PM
I saw that tweet earlier. Didn’t even notice the t shirt.

G15 Hibs
19-05-2022, 08:06 PM
The photo is a still from the last show of the series which was broadcast the night before the semi final.

The guy's a jambo, a jambo who hates Hibs is part of his TV character. A lot of the time the joke's at his expense. I wouldn't get too hung up about it.

Nicho87
19-05-2022, 08:22 PM
Terrible programme

None of them are funny,

Aka

Hearts tv

Onceinawhile
19-05-2022, 08:24 PM
Who would go to see them live. Some say patter is poor but some good non old firm segments. On stage must be torture

I would have gone if we had won the semi, but no chance I'm going the night before hearts are in a scottish cup final.

Also, don't think they're doing a tour, just one night.

LewysGot2
19-05-2022, 08:25 PM

tour?

Its one night in Glasgow tomorrow night. In a smallish venue?

Its a football fans programme, it’s Pa ****** Kujabi…it’s no different to the Porteous Do We Look Happy? Tee shirts that had a shelf life of a month, unfortunately.

Dinnae go singing the Andy Halliday song ever, now…:wink:

G15 Hibs
19-05-2022, 08:49 PM
Terrible programme

None of them are funny,

Aka

Hearts tv

The main presenter's a Stenny fan. The others have been different combinations of Hearts, Raith Rovers, Motherwell and even Hibs fans this season. They have features on all sorts of clubs from the SPFL, EoS, WoS, Highland League, Lowland League and the SWFL. They take the piss out of most teams, including Hearts. They give credit to all clubs when they do something good.

You might not like the programme, that's fair enough. I've found it getting a bit repetitive recently. But it's certainly not Hearts tv.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2022, 09:05 PM
Hearts fans wears Hearts T shirt.

What is the world coming to? I'm shocked and appalled.

Steve20
19-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Terrible programme. Not funny in the slightest. And it certainly is Hearts tv.

Libby Hibby
19-05-2022, 09:07 PM

Don’t forget offended haha ❄️

G15 Hibs
19-05-2022, 09:36 PM
Don’t forget offended haha ❄️

Sickening. Shouldn't be allowed. Hearts tv.

https://twitter.com/TheTerraceTV/status/1525747821072093184?t=T1HvEx0XWHYfBWLqsPM0GQ&s=19

The Veteran
19-05-2022, 09:38 PM

How, exactly, is he a ‘boy’? :confused:

at last 61
19-05-2022, 10:12 PM
He is an ugly git as well, nothing going for him

Swedish hibee
19-05-2022, 10:15 PM
Hibs fans are becoming right wee moaners.

Brightside
19-05-2022, 10:36 PM
So just don’t watch it. It’s very odd to constantly complain about a programme you don’t like. May as well have an anti eastenders thread. If you think it’s pish don’t watch. One of the guys covered this very well on a longbangers podcast. If you just want to hear about hibs just listen to those podcasts.

GreenGray
19-05-2022, 10:56 PM
I stuck on the first episode of the latest series, lasted two minutes until one of them said a terrible joke then “dabbed” and it got turned off, their patter is chronic.

The dalmeny
20-05-2022, 06:09 AM
So just don’t watch it. It’s very odd to constantly complain about a programme you don’t like. May as well have an anti eastenders thread. If you think it’s pish don’t watch. One of the guys covered this very well on a longbangers podcast. If you just want to hear about hibs just listen to those podcasts.

people see in it what they want to see, this is becoming tedious subject cropping up every couple of months when the shows on. As you say , just don’t watch it if you don’t like it

JimBHibees
20-05-2022, 06:23 AM

:greengrin

JimBHibees
20-05-2022, 06:32 AM
Is there anywhere you can watch the previous episodes went onto BBC site and seemed none of them were available which seemed odd to be honest? Watched the one with Jack Ross and enjoyed it

Libby Hibby
20-05-2022, 06:39 AM
I find the show very enjoyable. Lovely coverage of the lower leagues and the lack of Rangers and Celtic coverage is welcoming.

Yes, there does need to be a mix up on the presenters as there is too much Hertz bias but in the main, it’s just banter.

Again, if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Hibernian Verse
20-05-2022, 06:40 AM
Some of their short documentaries are fantastic, and it was the 19th of May yesterday...it's just a bit of banter. Anyone saying it's Hearts TV obviously hasn't bothered to watch more than one episode.

Not In The Know
20-05-2022, 06:44 AM
people see in it what they want to see, this is becoming tedious subject cropping up every couple of months when the shows on. As you say , just don’t watch it if you don’t like it

“Expert Trolling” I know fine we’ll what he’s upto and I get it and can handle it. But, its public broadcasting. Obviously funded by the license payer. There’s no way for example they/he would get away with a constant anti Rangers / Celtic narrative. We have all talked about this regarding sportsound and pretty much agreed it’s happening. So it shouldn’t go unchecked.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2022, 06:53 AM
The reaction to A View From The Terrace from some quarters highlights the conundrum faced by anyone trying to cover Scottish football.

It's regularly stated that we want and need something different from the Glasgow heavy coverage afforded to us by Sportsound, Sportscene and the traditional written press. For years Off The Ball offered something a bit more irreverent and light hearted and in recent years A View From The Terrace has come along. 'Oh I want different but not that kind of different'........ It always seems to me that what a lot of people really want is something that is totally sycophantic towards their own club and anything other than that is never going to cut it.

I can take or leave A View From The Terrace. I think the studio scenes are a bit bloated with too many cooks and some of the banter is forced and a bit cringe. The segments about the lower leagues or other stories of interest in Scottish football are generally superb though. It helps that the people involved in them are hugely knowledgeable about the game here at all levels and more than that they are passionate about it. I'm thick skinned enough that a couple of Hearts fans having a dig or 2 at Hibs really doesn't spoil that for me. There's plenty other clubs, Hearts included, who have been the target as well. Having watched a fair few episodes I'd say calling it 'Hearts TV' is miles wide off the mark irrespective of who some of the presenters are.

It's really not something that needs to be taken all that seriously, in fact I'm certain it's aim is not to be taken seriously. If a Hearts fan wearing T shirt referencing a derby win in a cup final or having a wee pop at us for having a crap season bothers you then it suggests the show isn't for you anyway.

Green Man
20-05-2022, 07:46 AM
“Expert Trolling” I know fine we’ll what he’s upto and I get it and can handle it. But, its public broadcasting. Obviously funded by the license payer. There’s no way for example they/he would get away with a constant anti Rangers / Celtic narrative. We have all talked about this regarding sportsound and pretty much agreed it’s happening. So it shouldn’t go unchecked.

While I don’t agree that there is a constant anti Hibs narrative, I think the fact that a lot of Hibs fans can laugh off the wee digs shows us up well. Football is a sport, it’s entertainment, yes supporting your team is tribal, but do you really want to be getting angry when somebody on an entertainment show has a joke at the expense of your team? The Rangers/Celtic animosity is horrible, and I’m glad that there isn’t the same feeling between us and Hearts.

Not In The Know
20-05-2022, 07:58 AM
While I don’t agree that there is a constant anti Hibs narrative, I think the fact that a lot of Hibs fans can laugh off the wee digs shows us up well. Football is a sport, it’s entertainment, yes supporting your team is tribal, but do you really want to be getting angry when somebody on an entertainment show has a joke at the expense of your team? The Rangers/Celtic animosity is horrible, and I’m glad that there isn’t the same feeling between us and Hearts.

Sure, what i would like is to have someone in our camp fighting our corner on national broadcasting.

Our fan base i think is pretty much on a downer at the mo, we need all the positive help we can get.

We cant even agree to slag Jambo tw@ts :hilarious

The dalmeny
20-05-2022, 08:06 AM

Are you saying there's a constant anti hibs narrative ?

Not In The Know
20-05-2022, 08:12 AM
Ate you saying there's a constant anti hibs narrative ? from Sked - yes

Jones28
20-05-2022, 08:20 AM
Can't we just have one massive VFTT thread that re-appears when they do something to annoy someone rather than new ones every time?

Sked is a jambo, Sked takes every opportunity to have a dig at us, he wears t-shirts that succeed in their job winding up sensitive Hibs fans who still have some PTSD from 2012. Is anyone really surprised?

If a Hibs fan wore a t-shirt with Hanlon celebrating knocking them out the cup in 2016 we'd be loving it.

JimBHibees
20-05-2022, 08:22 AM
It's not everyone's cup of tea but the episodes I have watched have been pretty enjoyable. Think recently they have added a Hibs fan to it who was on a recent longbangers episode and was a good listen. Maybe some should listen to that as gave a lot of context re the show

JimBHibees
20-05-2022, 08:23 AM
Can't we just have one massive VFTT thread that re-appears when they do something to annoy someone rather than new ones every time?

Sked is a jambo, Sked takes every opportunity to have a dig at us, he wears t-shirts that succeed in their job winding up sensitive Hibs fans who still have some PTSD from 2012. Is anyone really surprised?

If a Hibs fan wore a t-shirt with Hanlon celebrating knocking them out the cup in 2016 we'd be loving it.

Pretty much this

The dalmeny
20-05-2022, 08:26 AM
from Sked - yes

Dear god, talk about thin skinned.

leith lynx
20-05-2022, 08:28 AM
He is an ugly git as well, nothing going for him

😁

Sir David Gray
20-05-2022, 09:00 AM
I don't particularly like it but not because of some pro-Hearts agenda. I just find the presenters (including the non-Hearts supporting ones) really annoying and the laughter from them seems really forced and not genuine.

The Hearts stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest.

G15 Hibs
20-05-2022, 10:03 AM
It's not everyone's cup of tea but the episodes I have watched have been pretty enjoyable. Think recently they have added a Hibs fan to it who was on a recent longbangers episode and was a good listen. Maybe some should listen to that as gave a lot of context re the show

Aye, the Hibs guy Tony's been on The Terrace podcast for years. It's a lot more varied than the tv show. The last series of the tv show mixed things up a bit with the presenters, there was a Motherwell guy on a couple of times and maybe a Thistle fan or something.

To be honest, I quite like the hapless geek character Sked comes across as. Suits a jambo. They all seem to caricature themselves to some extent. I can see how some folk wouldn't enjoy the humour. I don't mind it, but it's getting a bit repetitive now.

patlowe
20-05-2022, 11:07 AM
Aye, the Hibs guy Tony's been on The Terrace podcast for years. It's a lot more varied than the tv show. The last series of the tv show mixed things up a bit with the presenters, there was a Motherwell guy on a couple of times and maybe a Thistle fan or something.

To be honest, I quite like the hapless geek character Sked comes across as. Suits a jambo. They all seem to caricature themselves to some extent. I can see how some folk wouldn't enjoy the humour. I don't mind it, but it's getting a bit repetitive now.

This.

The TV show is fine - it doesn't quite capture the more natural tone and humour of the podcast (which is often a great listen) but it's a decent effort at capturing the things about Scottish football you don't get in the OF-leaning media. Those that listen to the podcast know that Sked, Fowler etc are decent, self-deprecating guys and are very fair and reasonable in their judgements on Hibs - they probably watch us more than many that comment on here. But they're Hearts fans and will poke fun at us (and themselves), much as I would expect any of us to do likewise - totally harmless.

PS - it's a mistake not having Tony on the TV show more - definitely the podcast's MVP.

Carheenlea
20-05-2022, 11:18 AM
I’ve never watched an episode of this and have never heard of the presenters other than on here.

Despite never seeing it, the negative comment directed at the show and the supposed Hearts themed presenters has put me off watching it anyway and effectively made my mind up about the show and how it won’t be for me.

Should probably give it a try and make my own mind up but pretty much switched off from footballing interest outside of Hibs for summer so most likely won’t.

007 Mickey Weir
20-05-2022, 11:35 AM
The main producer is a Hibs season ticket holder. The guy that goes out and about is a Hibs season ticket holder. It’s just that Sked is your typical loud mouth Jambo on the wind up. Just banter.
They are trying to produce a quality (low budget) programme aimed at non old firm fans. But at the same time not alienate them.
They have had lots of Hibs content including the recent Dnipro slot.

hibby rae
20-05-2022, 12:11 PM
This.

The TV show is fine - it doesn't quite capture the more natural tone and humour of the podcast (which is often a great listen) but it's a decent effort at capturing the things about Scottish football you don't get in the OF-leaning media. Those that listen to the podcast know that Sked, Fowler etc are decent, self-deprecating guys and are very fair and reasonable in their judgements on Hibs - they probably watch us more than many that comment on here. But they're Hearts fans and will poke fun at us (and themselves), much as I would expect any of us to do likewise - totally harmless.

PS - it's a mistake not having Tony on the TV show more - definitely the podcast's MVP.

Spot on with all of that.

Even Craig Telfer and another on the pod, think it was Shaughan McGuigan, recently said Tony is the best of them all!

*The people who come on to post they don't like/aren't interested/it's a Hearts show etc. etc. JUST DON'T WATCH IT! It's really boring hearing the same thing over and over.

BILLYHIBS
20-05-2022, 12:15 PM
The main producer is a Hibs season ticket holder. The guy that goes out and about is a Hibs season ticket holder. It’s just that Sked is your typical loud mouth Jambo on the wind up. Just banter.
They are trying to produce a quality (low budget) programme aimed at non old firm fans. But at the same time not alienate them.
They have had lots of Hibs content including the recent Dnipro slot.
Yip

The HIBS retro collector

https://youtu.be/brSVQ0Pfruk

The Programme Shop guy

https://youtu.be/b0H_QwC2Xdk

All brilliant stuff

G15 Hibs
20-05-2022, 12:34 PM
Yip

The HIBS retro collector

https://youtu.be/brSVQ0Pfruk

The Programme Shop guy

https://youtu.be/b0H_QwC2Xdk

All brilliant stuff

Retro Video Club doing their version of Hibs Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0lWJklk5kA

A clip from a longer interview with Lewis Stevenson

https://twitter.com/bbcscotland/status/1195366453672906753?lang=en-GB

Really not Hearts tv

ian cruise
20-05-2022, 12:43 PM
I’ve never watched an episode of this and have never heard of the presenters other than on here.

Despite never seeing it, the negative comment directed at the show and the supposed Hearts themed presenters has put me off watching it anyway and effectively made my mind up about the show and how it won’t be for me.

Should probably give it a try and make my own mind up but pretty much switched off from footballing interest outside of Hibs for summer so most likely won’t.

It's absolutely harmless. Sort of football banter that should exist with people having fun digs at rivals and themselves.

Am I going to add it to my series link and watch every episode? Not a chance, but if I end up channel hopping and land on it there's a good chance I'd leave it on. I don't get why Sked upsets some folk so much, he's basically a panto villain. I've seen him take abuse as much as I've seen him have a laugh at Hibs expense.

Maybe our first team shouldn't make it so easy for him to do so, then we'd not have as much to complain about.

Brown Hibs
20-05-2022, 12:54 PM
He’s a hearts fan. And if there was a Hibs fan on there doing similar we’d be lapping it up

Na I would be embarrassed the nation's biggest cringefest had any association with my club. A truly dreadful show/ podcast that whatever commission they are on with the BBC is far too much.

CallumLaidlaw
20-05-2022, 12:58 PM
Na I would be embarrassed the nation's biggest cringefest had any association with my club. A truly dreadful show/ podcast that whatever commission they are on with the BBC is far too much.

Thankfully there’s lots of different opinions. Me and my mates love the show. Great to have something on tv for the Scottish game that isn’t old firm focused.

bigwheel
20-05-2022, 12:59 PM

I wonder if people who have this view actually sit down and watch an episode or two - as I can’t at all see how anyone could be offended by it in any way ..

Brown Hibs
20-05-2022, 01:00 PM
Thankfully there’s lots of different opinions. Me and my mates love the show. Great to have something on tv for the Scottish game that isn’t old firm focused.

Seriously? That's staggering.

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2022, 01:10 PM
Seriously? That's staggering.

Staggering that someone likes something you don't like? Really?

CropleyWasGod
20-05-2022, 01:26 PM

Did you watch the one with Lewis Stevenson?

Brown Hibs
20-05-2022, 01:32 PM
Staggering that someone likes something you don't like? Really?

Fair enough. Opinions I guess.

JimBHibees
20-05-2022, 01:36 PM
Did you watch the one with Lewis Stevenson?

Or Marvin Bartley or Jack Ross or the Dnipro story.

Brightside
20-05-2022, 01:37 PM
from Sked - yes

So what.

hibby rae
20-05-2022, 01:40 PM
Or Marvin Bartley or Jack Ross or the Dnipro story.

Or Rachael Boyle

hibby rae
20-05-2022, 01:42 PM

Yep would far rather watch and listen to this show and the pod than Sportsound and the other ones that have been on for donkey's years with the same old tired formats and jobs for the boys

Mcbizz1998
20-05-2022, 01:49 PM
I don’t understand why you were watching it in the first place? I can’t stand it and it’s nothing to do with hearts bias.

Every one of them is a cringeworthy gimp. They remind me the drama club kids at school. The kind of guys who wear retro football tops from clubs they don’t even support and think it’s really edgy. Grown men shouldn’t be watching them.

NorthNorfolkHFC
20-05-2022, 01:54 PM
I don’t understand why you were watching it in the first place? I can’t stand it and it’s nothing to do with hearts bias.

Every one of them is a cringeworthy gimp. They remind me the drama club kids at school. The kind of guys who wear retro football tops from clubs they don’t even support and think it’s really edgy. Grown men shouldn’t be watching them.

The most narrow minded view you’ll ever read.

Spoken by the school yard billy that doesn’t respect everyone’s differences and the ‘drama kids’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mcbizz1998
20-05-2022, 01:57 PM
The most narrow minded view you’ll ever read.

Spoken by the school yard billy that doesn’t respect everyone’s differences and the ‘drama kids’.

Haha! Yep that was me!

Stairway 2 7
20-05-2022, 02:17 PM
It's not about anti hibs for me its the fact that the pattern is brutal. Somewhere between these unfunny geeks and the horrible jakey open goal would be good. Off the ball was great when it first came out as it was just normal fans

Brown Hibs
20-05-2022, 02:25 PM
It's not about anti hibs for me its the fact that the pattern is brutal. Somewhere between these unfunny geeks and the horrible jakey open goal would be good. Off the ball was great when it first came out as it was just normal fans

Spot on.

NorthNorfolkHFC
20-05-2022, 04:11 PM

Again, narrow minded and insular.

What constitutes a ‘normal’ fan?

hibeg
20-05-2022, 04:13 PM
Retro Video Club doing their version of Hibs Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0lWJklk5kA

A clip from a longer interview with Lewis Stevenson

https://twitter.com/bbcscotland/status/1195366453672906753?lang=en-GB

Really not Hearts tv

I enjoy the programme as well but missed the Lewis Stevenson edition.
Where can I see the episode in full ?

Stairway 2 7
20-05-2022, 04:24 PM
Again, narrow minded and insular.

What constitutes a ‘normal’ fan?

Perhaps your average fan would be better, its always either psueds or pure banter thick ex pros. My patter is probably pish but that's why I don't have a show on TV that is meant to have a comedy element. Mind you people find miranda heard and Michael mcintyre funny so it's all subjective

Glory Lurker
20-05-2022, 05:47 PM
Great show.

hibby rae
20-05-2022, 06:13 PM

Ironically enough this is the cringiest post on this thread. That just sounds you don't like people who have different interests from you.

LewysGot2
20-05-2022, 08:47 PM
Only an Excuse- Weegie centric, hackneyed and dated
Open Goal - just awful. Si Ferry’s interviews 1:1 without that total slaver Slaney in tow were okay though.
Off the Ball - revolutionary at the time of launching
VFAT - ordinary fans even if some might be too nerdy for some folks liking - Fowler is from Pilton. :confused:
Some of the stuff has been excellent, some a bit naff but it’s harmless stuff

G15 Hibs
20-05-2022, 09:09 PM
I enjoy the programme as well but missed the Lewis Stevenson edition.
Where can I see the episode in full ?

They all used to be on iPlayer, but the don't seem to be there any longer. That clip was all I could find, sadly.

CL0762
21-05-2022, 07:35 AM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Why get so wound up about a programme you don’t like?

CallumLaidlaw
21-05-2022, 07:41 AM

What an utterly embarrassing viewpoint

CallumLaidlaw
21-05-2022, 07:44 AM
At the end of the day, it’s a few normal, non-media trained lads making a tv show about Scottish football. Why folk are desperate to hammer it is beyond me.

The dalmeny
21-05-2022, 08:27 AM
from Sked - yes

This is perfect for you then

https://twitter.com/sked21/status/1527899843842215936?s=21&t=l5cWPW23neHkjtxoSPkbwg

Brown Hibs
21-05-2022, 09:56 AM
At the end of the day, it’s a few normal, non-media trained lads making a tv show about Scottish football. Why folk are desperate to hammer it is beyond me.

I thought they were all journalists?

hibby rae
21-05-2022, 09:59 AM
I thought they were all journalists?

Only Fowler and Sked.

Telfer is in IT, I think Shaughan McGuigan works somewhere near Festival Sq, Tony Anderson works for a charity etc.

Onceinawhile
21-05-2022, 04:14 PM
Folk talking about an anti hibs bias, but not complaining about the anti falkirk bias?

Hypocrites.

LewysGot2
21-05-2022, 06:31 PM
Marvin was the special guest last night apparently :agree:

hibby rae
21-05-2022, 06:52 PM
Marvin was the special guest last night apparently :agree:

Ah Marvin Bartley, that well known lover of everything Hearts 😂😂

green day
21-05-2022, 07:14 PM
Anyone slagging these guys and the show off is daft.

It is done on a shoestring, these guys are brilliant for shining a light on the lower leagues (which Sportsound etc completely ignores).

Yes, Fowler and Sked are Jambos - so what? The other hosts support other clubs, and none of them are Celtic/Rangers which works for me.

They include - as far as I can see - an almost disproportionately large amount of Hibs and Pro Hibs material.............and I imagine that this comes from Fowler and Sked.

Yes Sked is a pantomime villian Jambo, but dont you think they might think the same when they hear Grant Stott on the radio or at the panto?

For my money, it is one of the best scottish football shows out there.

hibby rae
21-05-2022, 08:06 PM
Anyone slagging these guys and the show off is daft.

It is done on a shoestring, these guys are brilliant for shining a light on the lower leagues (which Sportsound etc completely ignores).

Yes, Fowler and Sked are Jambos - so what? The other hosts support other clubs, and none of them are Celtic/Rangers which works for me.

They include - as far as I can see - an almost disproportionately large amount of Hibs and Pro Hibs material.............and I imagine that this comes from Fowler and Sked.

Yes Sked is a pantomime villian Jambo, but dont you think they might think the same when they hear Grant Stott on the radio or at the panto?

For my money, it is one of the best scottish football shows out there.

They also shine a light on the women's game as well, which is another 👍👍

I pay for the £5 podcast patreon, their most recent one is a classic match pod about the SC 2-2 Hanlon game. As an example to back your point.

I'd recommend the podcasts, 2 a week with the first covering the Premiership and the second covering the lower leagues (often I find those the best ones as well).

matty_f
22-05-2022, 11:23 PM

Tony was the guest we had on, a Hibby and he’s been involved with The Terrace for years. He came across very well it was clear that above everything, the show is run by folk who love football - and who are happy to give and take a bit of stick about their teams.

JimBHibees
23-05-2022, 06:23 AM
Tony was the guest we had on, a Hibby and he’s been involved with The Terrace for years. He came across very well it was clear that above everything, the show is run by folk who love football - and who are happy to give and take a bit of stick about their teams.

Agree was a good episode and he described perfectly what view from the terrace was all about.

KWJ
23-05-2022, 01:16 PM
They also shine a light on the women's game as well, which is another ����

I pay for the £5 podcast patreon, their most recent one is a classic match pod about the SC 2-2 Hanlon game. As an example to back your point.

I'd recommend the podcasts, 2 a week with the first covering the Premiership and the second covering the lower leagues (often I find those the best ones as well).

Ah, thanks for this. Not caught up on the Patreons for a while and this is just what I need to get back to it.

I get what folk mean about the banter, and it can be a bit more cringe on the TV show but it's hit and miss and you've gotta have something in there to plug the gaps. When the show is running they are doing this every week so there's no way it's ever going to be all gold. Fantasy Football with Baddiel and Skinner had an awful lot of pish in it but is still seen as an iconic show of it's time.

I always enjoy the 12 best...as they are going through now on the main pod. Shame we're pish.

EDIT - Just done the 2-2 Patreon and it reminded me that as much as I think he seems like a good guy, and I enjoy the TV features, I do get annoyed with Duncan on the podcast and his inability to complete a sentence without tripping over himself.

hibee_girl
30-09-2022, 06:37 AM
Porteous is on the show tonight :aok:

Jones28
30-09-2022, 07:19 AM
Might actually be worth watching then!

green day
30-09-2022, 08:20 AM
I know its been debated long and hard on here, but imo AVFTT is far better than any of the Sportscene / Sportsound drivel.

They cover lower league football in a way that should embarass radio scotland (but wont).

Yep, a couple of the regulars are Hearts fans, but I think they both give fair assessments on Hibs and are not just versions of that eejit Ewen Murray.

I am sure there will be a bit of ribbing about the (non)diving incident and Goodwin, but their interview will probably be a hell of a lot more illuminating about Ryan than anything the general radio and tv lot can provide.

Stairway 2 7
30-09-2022, 08:26 AM
I know its been debated long and hard on here, but imo AVFTT is far better than any of the Sportscene / Sportsound drivel.

They cover lower league football in a way that should embarass radio scotland (but wont).

Yep, a couple of the regulars are Hearts fans, but I think they both give fair assessments on Hibs and are not just versions of that eejit Ewen Murray.

I am sure there will be a bit of ribbing about the (non)diving incident and Goodwin, but their interview will probably be a hell of a lot more illuminating about Ryan than anything the general radio and tv lot can provide.

Saying your the best Scottish football programme, is as impressive as Saying your the best looking woman in the wheatfield stand tbf

dangermouse
30-09-2022, 08:27 AM

Never watched it. What channel is it on and at what time?

Sir David Gray
30-09-2022, 08:31 AM
Never watched it. What channel is it on and at what time?

10:30pm on BBC Scotland.

dangermouse
30-09-2022, 08:31 AM
10:30pm on BBC Scotland.
Thanks

Pretty Boy
30-09-2022, 10:01 AM

Looking forward to this.

Well done to the VFTT team for giving RP a voice as well. The mainstream media have picked a narrative around him. With a bit of goodwill towards him after this weeks exploits it's good to see a Scottish football show give him a platform to hopefully continue the momentum.

Diclonius
30-09-2022, 10:30 AM
Asked this a few times before, but is Joel Sked the son of Alan Sked the former UKIP leader?

hibby rae
30-09-2022, 10:31 AM
Have to say, despite being Jambos, Craig Fowler and Joel Sked are two of his biggest fans in Scottish media. So not a surprise he's on tonight.

Listen to the most recent Terrace podcast to hear Craig Fowler's thoughts on him. Basically goes through all his attributes and finishes by stating if people still say he's ***** then they are either trolling or know nothing about football

Since452
30-09-2022, 10:34 AM
Tried to watch an episode of AVFTT and it wasn't for me so didn't bother again. People like what others don't. Doesn't mean it's pish.

Stairway 2 7
30-09-2022, 10:36 AM
Asked this a few times before, but is Joel Sked the son of Alan Sked the former UKIP leader?

Looks like the son of sloth, the goonies leader

hibby rae
30-09-2022, 10:38 AM

I wouldn't have thought so. Pretty sure Sked is pro-EU and a Scottish nationalist for one thing.

He's from Haddington if that helps?

Diclonius
30-09-2022, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't have thought so. Pretty sure Sked is pro-EU and a Scottish nationalist for one thing.

He's from Haddington if that helps?

Alan is from Glasgow so unlikely I suppose. Always wondered because it's an unusual surname and they look similar!

A Hi-Bee
30-09-2022, 11:20 AM
Never watched it before so probably means it is pisch.
:greengrin

Onceinawhile
30-09-2022, 05:42 PM
Looking forward to it being back on.

For years folk wanted a scottish football programme that didn't just focus on two teams in Glasgow.

Now we've got one and lots of folk still complain.

Is it perfect? Absolutely not, but it's the best programme about scottish football on TV by a distance.

30-09-2022, 10:10 PM

Totally agree, they've got a much broader knowledge of Scottish football than any of the ex-pros on Sportscene and Sportsound, particularly Craig Fowler.

duffers
30-09-2022, 10:12 PM
Was an enjoyable interview.

“Is Craig Gordon the best goalkeeper in the world”

“Naw, Davy Marshall”

hibees 7062
30-09-2022, 10:35 PM
Was an enjoyable interview.

“Is Craig Gordon the best goalkeeper in the world”

“Naw, Davy Marshall”

😂 brilliant eh

bingo70
30-09-2022, 10:49 PM
I actually enjoyed that programme tonight.

I normally enjoy the wee short videos they do but find the presenters unbearable but thought it was watchable tonight, even with them.

Porteous came across really well. He won’t be with us much longer I don’t think, hopefully we can keep him past January, even if that means him leaving for nothing in January.

Libby Hibby
01-10-2022, 08:53 AM
Good show last night, Porteous came across great

Squealing pig
01-10-2022, 09:20 AM
Get a contract on the table matching boyles wages I say

Billy Whizz
01-10-2022, 09:28 AM
Get a contract on the table matching boyles wages I say

If Lee is saying he’s been underpaid for years, he’ll be wanting it retrospective

Jones28
01-10-2022, 09:47 AM
Still found the presenters pretty unwatchable, I thought the film with the women playing at Cathkin park was great though.

The wee segments they do are brilliant to be fair.

The dalmeny
08-10-2022, 09:24 AM
Disappointed with the last piece last night, sure they could’ve done something else (no guessing team involved)

Valencia
08-10-2022, 10:41 AM
no

1van Sprou7e
08-10-2022, 11:04 AM
What are they doing with their hands

Squealing pig
08-10-2022, 11:46 AM
Paul lovering on it last night , paid 100k for him back in 1998 💰

hibby rae
08-10-2022, 12:12 PM

I have memories of an overhead kick?

hibby rae
08-10-2022, 12:13 PM
Really good segment on Zander Murray.

Anyone who's commented "why is this news?" would be worth watching it.

dirtydirk
08-10-2022, 08:44 PM
Hell no his dad plays fives with me

I_Love_Latapy
08-10-2022, 09:51 PM
Hell no his dad plays fives with me

quality post

LancashireHibby
09-10-2022, 02:42 AM

Thought I knew I recognised the name!

(Apologies, usually watch live but was en route to Forest Green v Bolton at 8am this morning so wasn’t staying up late last night!)

Glory Lurker
09-10-2022, 05:38 PM
Disappointed with the last piece last night, sure they could’ve done something else (no guessing team involved)

It's fair enough in that a Scottish football programme probably ly should feature them and their co-conspirers now and again, but the comment "since we were demoted" had me growling!

Squealing pig
14-10-2022, 10:28 PM
A lot better tonight , 86 jambottle content and a decent hibee on the panel

matty_f
14-10-2022, 10:40 PM
A lot better tonight , 86 jambottle content and a decent hibee on the panel

The 86 bit was very entertaining.

Buc
14-10-2022, 10:51 PM
The 86 bit was very entertaining.

Any Hibs fan will love it tonight.

SteveHFC
14-10-2022, 11:40 PM
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/198159-view-from-the-terrace/

Couple of seething comments. :hilarious

Green Reaper
14-10-2022, 11:48 PM

Some replies on that, “even the buses are maroon”, em…why would someone boast or think that it’s something they have over their rivals, the colour of their strip was an accident ffs 😂

Glory Lurker
14-10-2022, 11:50 PM
Proper respect for Porto, too.

Great show (as I've said a few times already on this thread!)

hibby rae
15-10-2022, 08:27 AM

And I thought some folk on here were harsh about the show 😂

For all their acting like what he said is irrelevant, they seem to care a little.

If you can't laugh at your rivals chucking a league and cup in the space of a week, when you can you laugh? Does it matter if he wasn't born then?

Pretty Boy
15-10-2022, 08:38 AM

Thin skinned bunch.

I've never understood people who revert to 10 year old schoolboys when discussing their team; 'my teams the bestest na na na na na'. Hibs have verged from mediocre to crap for most of my life, the glory such as it is has been pretty fleeting. I'll say that and be a bit self deprecating about it, I don't follow Hibs expecting trophy after trophy. When it comes to rival fans I'll take it back because I give it out.

I tend to find because I don't really react to the 5-1 stuff or whatever that people just tend to give up on it. They want the 'I'm not bothered about it honest' reaction before a tirade that says otherwise gets thrown back. When it doesn't happen those fishing for a reaction just get bored, deep down they know it means more to them than it does to me. Same as 7-0 meant more to us than them for all those years.

A thread like that on Kickback is just a green light for more of the same in future. It got a reaction so it's worth repeating.

bingo70
15-10-2022, 09:22 AM
Thin skinned bunch.

I've never understood people who revert to 10 year old schoolboys when discussing their team; 'my teams the bestest na na na na na'. Hibs have verged from mediocre to crap for most of my life, the glory such as it is has been pretty fleeting. I'll say that and be a bit self deprecating about it, I don't follow Hibs expecting trophy after trophy. When it comes to rival fans I'll take it back because I give it out.

I tend to find because I don't really react to the 5-1 stuff or whatever that people just tend to give up on it. They want the 'I'm not bothered about it honest' reaction before a tirade that says otherwise gets thrown back. When it doesn't happen those fishing for a reaction just get bored, deep down they know it means more to them than it does to me. Same as 7-0 meant more to us than them for all those years.

A thread like that on Kickback is just a green light for more of the same in future. It got a reaction so it's worth repeating.

I agree.

In my experience Hibs fans are better at the self deprecating bit. Hibs have been quite ***** most of my life so it’s not something I’m precious about. Even when Hearts got relegated, if you said they were ***** they would start coming back with hugely irrelevant stuff about big teams, 5-1 bla bla bla rather than just admitting they were gash and laughing about the crap players they have.

I certainly don’t know of any Hibs fan who is bothered in the slightest about the whole 5-1 thing either, when you see a Hearts fan doing it though it’s an absolute stick on that they’re a complete dingal though 😂

green day
15-10-2022, 09:44 AM
That segment was magnificent, not sure why the kickback idiots are moaning when they have been revelling in taking 5-1 pictures in Italy.

It's called rivalry lads......

BILLYHIBS
19-10-2022, 07:30 AM
Pa’s free kick? 😂

Segment on Josh Campbell made him look like Denis Bergkamp

Normal service has been resumed

Worth a watch

Hearts getting horsed by Dundee and Aberdeen in ‘86

“ It’s football It’s meant to be a laugh”

Hibby on the panel

gbhibby
03-02-2023, 09:58 PM
Watching the film about the blind Celtic fans and the guy doing the commentary. I used to sit in the old North stand next to the blind hibs fans and their commentator in the 1970s. Their seats were painted white. The guy who did the commentary was absolutely brilliant,better than what was on the TV and Radio at the time.

BILLYHIBS
25-02-2023, 07:13 AM
Nice wee tribute to Ron Gordon from the guys on last night’s show

Bobo
25-02-2023, 09:01 AM
Watching the film about the blind Celtic fans and the guy doing the commentary. I used to sit in the old North stand next to the blind hibs fans and their commentator in the 1970s. Their seats were painted white. The guy who did the commentary was absolutely brilliant,better than what was on the TV and Radio at the time.

My grandad did the commentary for the blind, at Easter Road, from the early 40's into to the 50's; it would have been a great time for him to be commentating on Hibs games.

bingo70
31-03-2023, 10:16 PM
I’ve criticised this programme a lot and I still find the hosts annoying but this show was excellent tonight.

Bit about Dyce (academy?) was brilliant.

hibby rae
01-04-2023, 10:07 AM
I’ve criticised this programme a lot and I still find the hosts annoying but this show was excellent tonight.

Bit about Dyce (academy?) was brilliant.

I really enjoyed the Inverness section as my late grandad was a Caley man.

Although the Thistle supporters example of Hearts and Hibs was a bit odd, guessing he wasn't aware of Hands Off Hibs!

The dalmeny
01-04-2023, 02:13 PM
I really enjoyed the Inverness section as my late grandad was a Caley man.

Although the Thistle supporters example of Hearts and Hibs was a bit odd, guessing he wasn't aware of Hands Off Hibs!raw emotions though

Billy Whizz
07-04-2023, 05:23 PM
Pat Stanton is on tonight, talking about the 1972 League cup Final win, and his time at Hibernian

Glory Lurker
15-04-2023, 10:05 PM
Greetin at the film this week about the Raith laddie going to his first game, and what it meant for his dad. How lucky for him to have that moment on film. Hope he sticks with Raith and that they give him much to enjoy in his decades to come.

bingo70
27-10-2023, 10:30 PM
I’ve criticised this programme a lot but IMO it was really excellent tonight. The feature on the Spartans ultras was brilliant, my 10 year old is desperate for that kind of engagement so was easy to relate to.

I also think there’s been a shift in it this series with the Stenhousemuir fan taking more of a lead role and is slowing things down a bit.

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2023, 10:32 PM
I’ve criticised this programme a lot but IMO it was really excellent tonight. The feature on the Spartans ultras was brilliant, my 10 year old is desperate for that kind of engagement so was easy to relate to.

I also think there’s been a shift in it this series with the Stenhousemuir fan taking more of a lead role and is slowing things down a bit.

In fairness Telfer has always been the “host” as such.

Onceinawhile
27-10-2023, 10:40 PM

Agreed, don't see any particular difference. If anything telfer has been nippier than usual!

Think it works better with rotating guests rather than having the same 3 guests of fowler, sked and mcguigan.

GreenGray
27-10-2023, 10:42 PM
I like the concept and the guys who do it (regularly listen to the podcast) just don’t think the editing of the studio segments does them any favours.

O'Rourke3
27-10-2023, 10:45 PM
I'm enjoying this series a bit more but the mandatory 2 Jambo rule is a PITA

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

bingo70
27-10-2023, 10:50 PM

Has he?

I always felt it was a bit chaotic with everything happening too fast and too much going on. Last wee while it’s felt a bit like he’s got a bit more control of it. Possible he’s getting better or im just relaxing a bit more about the show.

Either way, fair play to them as I find it a much more watchable show than a year back, really quite enjoy it now. I think the Hibs fan Tony is a really good addition, in saying that I always liked the hearts **** who wasn’t on it tonight, forget his name though.

bingo70
27-10-2023, 10:51 PM
I'm enjoying this series a bit more but the mandatory 2 Jambo rule is a PITA

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Was there not just one jambo on it tonight?

I don’t mind the Borthwick guy, he’s pretty fair imo

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2023, 10:52 PM
Has he?

I always felt it was a bit chaotic with everything happening too fast and too much going on. Last wee while it’s felt a bit like he’s got a bit more control of it. Possible he’s getting better or im just relaxing a bit more about the show.

Either way, fair play to them as I find it a much more watchable show than a year back, really quite enjoy it now. I think the Hibs fan Tony is a really good addition, in saying that I always liked the hearts **** who wasn’t on it tonight, forget his name though.

Joel Sked plays the caricature bad guy well. He’s exactly how I’d want a Hibs fan to be on the show [emoji23]
They’re just fans at the end of the day.

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2023, 10:54 PM
Was there not just one jambo on it tonight?

I don’t mind the Borthwick guy, he’s pretty fair imo

Aye just one Jambo tonight

hibby rae
27-10-2023, 10:59 PM
I like the concept and the guys who do it (regularly listen to the podcast) just don’t think the editing of the studio segments does them any favours.

If you haven't signed up to the patreon I recommend it (the discord is fun too)

hibby rae
27-10-2023, 11:01 PM
Has he?

Possibly Craig Fowler you're thinking of, he's the one that started the podcast whilst at uni. He and Tony are childhood friends

Clarence
28-10-2023, 08:14 AM
Sure I heard that one of the producers is a big Hibee.

patlowe
28-10-2023, 08:28 AM

Yeah I don't think the TV show captures the alchemy of the podcasts tbh - perhaps a tad sanitised and neutered. Still a million times better than the tired old guff we're fed elsewhere. These guys actually care about the game and I'd wager even the jambos have better researched and thought through views on Hibs than the lazy (for the most part) presenters and pundits they wheel out on Sportsound/PLZ etc.

Also, the short films they do are just excellent and again really show up how poorly served we otherwise are up here when there are so many interesting/funny/moving tales to tell outside of the OF bubble about the mad game we love.

Pretty Boy
28-10-2023, 11:13 AM
I wasn't keen when it first started on TV but it's grown on me.

It's a bunch of guys who are clearly passionate about Scottish football and their respective clubs. I really don't care if that's Hearts for a few of them. There is a bit of playing the pantomime villain or caricature going on but for the most part they are well informed and give airtime to stories that are largely ignored by the likes of Sportsound and Sky Sports. I'd rather have a couple of enthusiastic Hearts fans than another show featuring has beens like Miller and Bonner and roasters like Boyd.

The BBC actually produces some really good stuff on Scottish football. The Alba documentaries have all been excellent and A View From The Terrace goes from strength to strength. It's a shame the more prominent broadcasts are so focussed on indulging 2 fanbases that everything else is an inconvenient sideshow.

Since452
28-10-2023, 11:16 AM
Got to admit I've never watched it

hibby rae
28-10-2023, 11:39 AM
Yeah I don't think the TV show captures the alchemy of the podcasts tbh - perhaps a tad sanitised and neutered. Still a million times better than the tired old guff we're fed elsewhere. These guys actually care about the game and I'd wager even the jambos have better researched and thought through views on Hibs than the lazy (for the most part) presenters and pundits they wheel out on Sportsound/PLZ etc.

Also, the short films they do are just excellent and again really show up how poorly served we otherwise are up here when there are so many interesting/funny/moving tales to tell outside of the OF bubble about the mad game we love.

They defo do. Craig Fowler, for example, covered the Hibs games up until recently, for the Scotsman or EEN, or still does. Tbf him and the other Jambos are complimentary towards us when results and play merits it. All the supporters are honest about their biases but objective when it comes to analysing the game.

(And it pisses all over the tired cliches you get on the BBC or Open Goal imo)

Green Man
03-11-2023, 11:14 PM
Just watched tonight’s episode and saw a familiar face on it!

gbhibby
04-11-2023, 12:41 AM

A lot of the short films have made it on to Football Focus.

mghibs
04-11-2023, 01:18 AM
The show really encapsulates the sport at its core and highlights the best bits of being a football fan. Living in Canada and having attended a few sports events here, it just doesn’t compare. I miss the pre match excitement and passion for hibs in comparison to the stale and corporate enjoyment of a sporting event here. It has brought me to tears of joy, laughter and sadness in equal measure, and to be honest I couldn’t care who they take the mick out of, it’s the best bit of being a football fan!

LaMotta
10-11-2023, 09:53 PM
That Borthwick is such a Jambo twat. The type that still does the 5-1 sign in pictures, Hibs are never far from his thoughts.

A man in his thirties with frosted blonde highlights, scruffy Nike Blazers and a cardigan. Brings down an otherwise decent show.

Glory Lurker
10-11-2023, 09:58 PM
Not seen tonight's, but doubt it will stop me thinking it's a brilliant programme.

LaMotta
10-11-2023, 10:14 PM
Not seen tonight's, but doubt it will stop me thinking it's a brilliant programme.

Jibes tonight from Borthwick about hilarious Hibsing it against Aberdeen, jibes that Hibs fans would have no idea what its like to finish third in the table. The proclamations of a man who gets a delusional sense of well being from believing he supports a "big" club, despite the fact his club have only won three trophies in 60 years, have been relegated more times than their 2 closest rivals and have a worse European record than both as well.

He is doing his best to ruin the show :greengrin

matty_f
10-11-2023, 10:17 PM
Jibes tonight from Borthwick about hilarious Hibsing it against Aberdeen, jibes that Hibs fans would have no idea what its like to finish third in the table. The proclamations of a man who gets a delusional sense of well being from believing he supports a "big" club, despite the fact his club have only won three trophies in 60 years, have been relegated more times than their 2 closest rivals and have a worse European record than both as well.

Who remembers the FoH guy last season at the turn of the year talking about how it would be boring if they finished third every year as if it was a certainty that they’d do it, only for them to have a fantastic collapse and just scrape fourth?

They’re absolutely mental.

LaMotta
10-11-2023, 10:23 PM
Who remembers the FoH guy last season at the turn of the year talking about how it would be boring if they finished third every year as if it was a certainty that they’d do it, only for them to have a fantastic collapse and just scrape fourth?

They’re absolutely mental.

In the last 10 years they have finished 3rd exactly the same amount of times they have finished bottom (twice each). Big team stats.

Borthwick just made yet a further jibe about Hibs, this time ridiculing Jair Tavares. I'm changing the channel now.:greengrin

Kato
10-11-2023, 10:30 PM
In the last 10 years they have finished 3rd exactly the same amount of times they have finished bottom (twice each). Big team stats.

Borthwick just made yet a further jibe about Hibs, this time ridiculing Jair Tavares. I'm changing the channel now.:greengrinI turned it on just so I could turn it over when he appeared.

His attitude towards his team is either completely delusional or he has the memory of goldfish. Probably both.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

LaMotta
10-11-2023, 10:37 PM
I turned it on just so I could turn it over when he appeared.

His attitude towards his team is either completely delusional or he has the memory of goldfish. Probably both.

:hilarious

Not In The Know
10-11-2023, 11:14 PM
It made Jambo *****. It’s commissioned by Jambo *****. What do we expect???

it’s their wee Jambo minds trying to contrive this parallel universe in what that are superior to no one apart from Hibs. All a bit weird and sad tbh.

Forget about the ****. Reality is Hearts are the biggest basket case club in Scotland. In the last 3 decades they have gone bust, nearly twice, were seconds from selling their ground to Cala, stole from charities (Fact) and taken their fans as delusional monthly subscribers for a ride, while the rest of Scottish football (outwith bbc) pish their self laughing at them. It’s a comfort blanket that is getting pretty thin.

imagine having a season ticket for yer club, buying all their clobber year on year. Going home and away. And they are still no better than your rivals. Yeah annoying… imagine paying the price of sky sports or a mobile phone contact on top of that (FOH payments) and it still not making a difference 😂😂😂😂

Let’s not even mention the millions from Budgies palls paying for hotels wi no windows and staircases to nowhere …

Brightside
11-11-2023, 07:32 AM

He needs to start wearing a hat. The amount of hairspray on that comb over is going to make Greta cry.

J-C
11-11-2023, 07:33 AM
Can't watch it for fear of putting my boot through the telly, all that weegie talk and a horrendous Jambo is just too much.

bod
11-11-2023, 07:52 AM
I enjoy the programme.love the videos about lower league teams & folk who love the beautiful game

Nicho87
11-11-2023, 07:52 AM
Stopped watching when it was all hibsing it references. The fact they are still churning that out on last nights trailer says it all.

4 guys who think they’re funny and current, when actually they’re just failed footballers at school with a plan b.

Pretty Boy
11-11-2023, 08:41 AM
I enjoy the programme.love the videos about lower league teams & folk who love the beautiful game

Same.

Borthwick was a wind up merchant on Twitter for years and he's clearly still got it.

I don't mind a bit of banter and slagging on shows like this. They are fan led and not meant to be too serious (albeit AVFTT tackles some serious issues brilliantly). It annoys me far more when you see inherent bias on supposedly serious shows.

People go on about how the 'Hibsing it' stuff is obsolete and irrelevant now but if we keep reacting to it then that just seems like hollow words and people will keep doing it. If it really isn't a big deal then just ignore it.

CallumLaidlaw
11-11-2023, 08:46 AM
Same.

Borthwick was a wind up merchant on Twitter for years and he's clearly still got it.

I don't mind a bit of banter and slagging on shows like this. They are fan led and not meant to be too serious (albeit AVFTT tackles some serious issues brilliantly). It annoys me far more when you see inherent bias on supposedly serious shows.

People go on about how the 'Hibsing it' stuff is obsolete and irrelevant now but if we keep reacting to it then that just seems like hollow words and people will keep doing it. If it really isn't a big deal then just ignore it.

Agree 100%. They are quite happy to rip into Hearts when it’s appropriate.
Folk on here are far too precious about a bit of mocking, when if it was us on there, we’d be exactly the same.

matty_f
11-11-2023, 08:55 AM
Folk on here are far too precious about a bit of mocking, when if it was us on there, we’d be exactly the same.

Well you say that, Callum, but i can categorically agree that if I found myself in that position I absolutely would spend that time, or as much as possible, ripping into Hearts.

Eyrie
11-11-2023, 09:13 AM
Well you say that, Callum, but i can categorically agree that if I found myself in that position I absolutely would spend that time, or as much as possible, ripping into Hearts.

The show is only an hour long, so even if they gave you the entire show you still wouldn't have enough time to list all their jambottlings.

LaMotta
11-11-2023, 10:14 AM
Same.

I like the show as well. I like Jambo's Sked and Fowler. The criticism isnt about being unable to take a bit of banter or being too precious, it's about Borthwick being that "type" of jambo and a fud. :smug:

bingo70
11-11-2023, 10:18 AM
I like the show as well. I like Jambo's Sked and Fowler. The criticism isnt about being unable to take a bit of banter or being too precious, it's about Borthwick being that "type" of jambo and a fud. :smug:

I didn’t see it last night but I don’t mind Borthwick or Skedd. I’m no a fan of Craig Fowler though, not for anything he says, I just find him quite annoying, dare say he’d say the same about me though.

As for the whole Hibsing it thing, it’s just a bit of a laugh, as a Hibs fan I think it’s important we are capable of laughing at ourselves, there’s plenty ammunition to be honest. Anyone who gets too worked up about that kind of thing needs to get a bit of a thicker skin IMO.

The hearts *******s.

LaMotta
11-11-2023, 10:27 AM
I didn’t see it last night but I don’t mind Borthwick or Skedd. I’m no a fan of Craig Fowler though, not for anything he says, I just find him quite annoying, dare say he’d say the same about me though.

As for the whole Hibsing it thing, it’s just a bit of a laugh, as a Hibs fan I think it’s important we are capable of laughing at ourselves, there’s plenty ammunition to be honest. Anyone who gets too worked up about that kind of thing needs to get a bit of a thicker skin IMO.

The hearts *******s.

The hibsing it thing doesn't really bother me in isolation. Especially as we all know the Biggest bottle job in Scottish footballing history came from Hearts.

Fowler is usually spot on with his Hibs analysis, like him on the podcast, can't believe anyone could prefer Borthwick to him:greengrin

B.H.F.C
11-11-2023, 10:32 AM

The wee short films they do are really good. Better viewing than a lot of the stuff you get on the likes of the Premier League when they’re talking about Saka’s favourite meal or what Maddison’s dog is like.

degenerated
11-11-2023, 10:54 AM
Same.

People go on about how the 'Hibsing it' stuff is obsolete and irrelevant now but if we keep reacting to it then that just seems like hollow words and people will keep doing it. If it really isn't a big deal then just ignore it.Is that the same borthwick that got caught with his fingers in the till at the willie bauld memorial club.

matty_f
11-11-2023, 11:01 AM
The wee short films they do are really good. Better viewing than a lot of the stuff you get on the likes of the Premier League when they’re talking about Saka’s favourite meal or what Maddison’s dog is like.

The short films are outstanding.

I think the show’s good, i get it’s not for everyone but that’s a good thing - at least it’s not bland.

BobbyT1875
11-11-2023, 11:25 AM
Absolute trumpets . Can’t believe license fee gets wasted on them

Smartie
11-11-2023, 11:27 AM
The main thing that pisses me off about the “Hibsing it” thing is the amount of ammunition we’re providing them with at the moment.

There wasn’t much chat of it when we were battling back from 2 down at Tynecastle.

But when we’re finishing games the way we did at Hampden last weekend (plus the games at Paisley and Kilmarnock as well as the recent home game with Ross County) then we can’t really have many complaints when piss rippers rip the piss out of us.

Onceinawhile
11-11-2023, 04:47 PM
Can't watch it for fear of putting my boot through the telly, all that weegie talk and a horrendous Jambo is just too much.

What weegie talk? There's not a single weegie on it.

LancashireHibby
11-11-2023, 05:09 PM
It’s been posted in this thread previously but Borthwick, Sked and Fowler are absolutely no different to how any of us would be on the show. I think that’s kind of the point really.

supermcginn
11-11-2023, 05:13 PM
Absolute trumpets . Can’t believe license fee gets wasted on them

I would rather do a shift for 12 hours with a media blackout than watch that *****

Hulk1875
11-11-2023, 05:22 PM
I actually enjoy the programme but light hearted s**t banter. All
About clubs other than ugly sisters

LaMotta
11-11-2023, 06:30 PM
It’s been posted in this thread previously but Borthwick, Sked and Fowler are absolutely no different to how any of us would be on the show. I think that’s kind of the point really.

It might have been posted before but that doesn't make it true. I doubt any Hibs fan would behave like Borthwick. The other 2 are totally fine.

bingo70
23-02-2024, 09:57 PM
Anyone watching this tonight?

Delighted they’ve highlighted the issues for colour blind football fans. My laddie is colour blind and there’s some games he just can’t watch. Just doesn’t need to be the case and with a tiny bit thought it shouldn’t be an issue.

The Dundee Utd Arbroath game at the start of the season they highlighted was ridiculous.

B.H.F.C
23-02-2024, 10:00 PM

Delighted they’ve highlighted the issues for colour blind football fans. My laddie is colour blind and there’s some games he just can’t watch. Just doesn’t need to be the case and with a tiny bit thought it shouldn’t be an issue.

The Dundee Utd Arbroath game at the start of the season they highlighted was ridiculous.

Watching and thought that was a bit of an eye opener when they put the view of how that game might appear to someone who is colourblind.

When you hear the number of folk who are impacted, it should definitely be a consideration.

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 10:00 PM

Wouldn't dream of watching it, until at least one Hibs voice is on there. Sorry to hear about your laddie mate, life can be really tough at times. God Bless.

bingo70
23-02-2024, 10:04 PM
Wouldn't dream of watching it, until at least one Hibs voice is on there. Sorry to hear about your laddie mate, life can be really tough at times. God Bless.

Not at all, he’s no bothered his arse (never known any different 😂), could be a hell of a lot of worse!

There’s a Hibs fan on the show from time to time, Tony.

It’s taken me a long time to gradually warm to the programme but I think I get their humour now and enjoy it.

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 10:05 PM
Not at all, he’s no bothered his arse (never known any different 😂), could be a hell of a lot of worse!

There’s a Hibs fan on the show from time to time, Tony.

It’s taken me a long time to gradually warm to the programme but I think I get their humour now and enjoy it.

:aok:

Fair do's mate, and glad to hear your laddie is all good my man. God Bless.

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2024, 11:40 PM
Biggest eye opener for me was that Hibs have only won 3 points in the last 2 months and Hearts are the best team ever at winning points anywhere in any league during the same period and Lawrence Shankland has scored more goals than anyone including the robot

Apart from that quite enjoyed the show quirky but different especially the VT about the disillusioned former Villa fan from North Wales who travels up every week to watch Ross County

Did not realise that the jambo with a man bun is actually a Stenhousemuir fan

HFC93
23-02-2024, 11:48 PM
The presenters are unbearable. It's difficult to watch.

Kato
24-02-2024, 12:00 AM
The presenters are unbearable. It's difficult to watch.Squeaky clowns.

MartinfaePorty
24-02-2024, 12:12 AM
Not watched it, but I have a friend who suffers from colour blindness that has real problems when teams in any sport clash with the colours he struggles to differentiate (Scotland v Ireland at rugby for one). I never realised I had an issue until the season that Hibs and Dundee had almost identical kits (Steven Tweed was playing for Dundee, so assume late 1990s/early 2000s). It's only dark blue/green that I have trouble with, but gave me an insight into the issues others must have.

Smartie
24-02-2024, 01:18 AM
Not watched it, but I have a friend who suffers from colour blindness that has real problems when teams in any sport clash with the colours he struggles to differentiate (Scotland v Ireland at rugby for one). I never realised I had an issue until the season that Hibs and Dundee had almost identical kits (Steven Tweed was playing for Dundee, so assume late 1990s/early 2000s). It's only dark blue/green that I have trouble with, but gave me an insight into the issues others must have.

I wouldn’t consider myself colour blind but there was a spell when we were wearing bottle green when it felt like it was clashing with everything, might even have been the year we won the cup.

At a glance, I even had issues with us against Hearts on occasion but anyone who had a darker version of the colour of their kit - Raith, Falkirk etc I remember really struggling with.

It should be avoidable.

greenlad
24-02-2024, 04:45 AM
I wouldn’t consider myself colour blind but there was a spell when we were wearing bottle green when it felt like it was clashing with everything, might even have been the year we won the cup.

At a glance, I even had issues with us against Hearts on occasion but anyone who had a darker version of the colour of their kit - Raith, Falkirk etc I remember really struggling with.

It should be avoidable.

🙂

Some of the following have at different times have had white sleeves and allied with their darker main colour caused a horrendous clash for me at the game

Falkirk
Dundee
St Johnstone
QOS
Stirling
Raith

Feels like teams use their change kits more often nowadays which makes it less of an issue.

Sloop67
24-02-2024, 06:00 AM

Im sure I read somewhere that the Rugby Authorities are going to force international teams to wear kits that don't clash in the future

Smartie
24-02-2024, 08:33 AM
I absolutely love the short films on that programme btw - they’re about as good as Scottish football coverage gets.

The Jambos in the studio are “an acquired taste” but the video shorts are superb - interesting, well put together and thought provoking, the Paul Mitchell one being no different.

LancashireHibby
25-02-2024, 06:48 PM
The colour blind VT was really interesting. I’ve spent the last 30 years failing to understand how my mate is impacted at games by being colourblind but the simple illustration they had suddenly saw the penny drop with me.

No issue with the Jambos on there either. Joel did acknowledge that Hearts tend to lose form whenever they have a run of programmes. I do actually find myself keeping an eye on the Raith and Stenhousemuir scores now!

gbhibby
25-02-2024, 06:55 PM
They should have the guy who does footy adventures on and stuntpegg as well would add a bit to the show. The short videos the show do are really good.

Bakerman
25-02-2024, 07:55 PM
Yet another BBC production, full of jambos, with zero Hibs. When will the at sleep waken up?

LancashireHibby
25-02-2024, 08:42 PM
Yet another BBC production, full of jambos, with zero Hibs. When will the at sleep waken up?
Apart from the Hibs fan they have on there quite frequently.

Bakerman
25-02-2024, 08:45 PM

Must have missed the frequent Hibs fan? Not a regular voice then? Just whenever?

BILLYHIBS
25-02-2024, 08:48 PM

Yip been a few Hibs things the colour blind VT was taken at Forfar v Hibs they had a VT of Brian from the programme shop the Hibs fan that collects memorabilia and as you say they often have a Hibs fan as a panellist Tony Anderson and a few former players Big Marv and Mixu

As others have said their grassroots VT’s are excellent

LancashireHibby
25-02-2024, 08:48 PM
Must have missed the frequent Hibs fan? Not a regular voice then? Just whenever?
Certainly two or three episodes in each run so pretty frequent tbf. Occasionally there’s a Motherwell fan too but that’s about as far as it goes.

Bakerman
25-02-2024, 08:50 PM

Marvellous, stuff it full of jambo's, have the not so regular hibs fan on, job done. Sounds like Lanarkshire and Biscuits BBC. Well done.

LancashireHibby
25-02-2024, 08:52 PM
Must also point out that Big Dunc of the Duncan & Duncan VTs is also a Hibby (and a nice guy too having bumped in to him after a game last season)

CallumLaidlaw
25-02-2024, 08:53 PM
Marvellous, stuff it full of jambo's, have the not so regular hibs fan on, job done. Sounds like Lanarkshire and Biscuits BBC. Well done.

Is it the BBC’s fault that when the terrace started their podcast, 3 of the original guys were hearts fans?

They have them on rotation now. Lineup changes each week.

Bakerman
25-02-2024, 08:57 PM
Is it the BBC’s fault that when the terrace started their podcast, 3 of the original guys were hearts fans?

They have them on rotation now. Lineup changes each week.

3 of the original guy's were Heart's fans.Let that sink in. Biscuits has jambo's, Wullie Muller, and anyone but a Hibs voice. I pay my tv license, is it my fault?

CallumLaidlaw
25-02-2024, 08:59 PM
3 of the original guy's were Heart's fans.Let that sink in. Biscuits has jambo's, Wullie Muller, and anyone but a Hibs voice. I pay my tv license, is it my fault?

Yeah, the terrace didn’t start on BBC. it was an independent podcast that these lads started themselves. Brilliantly covered all Scottish leagues and the bbc commissioned them to make a tv version.

Bakerman
25-02-2024, 09:01 PM
Yeah, the terrace didn’t start on BBC. it was an independent podcast that these lads started themselves. Brilliantly covered all Scottish leagues and the bbc commissioned them to make a tv version.

these lads? No Hibs voice? and the BBC picked it up? Marvellous. What the?

CallumLaidlaw
25-02-2024, 09:03 PM

Tony Anderson and Duncan McKay (both Hibs fans) were both regularly involved in the podcast since the early days and both still feature on the tv show.

Feels like you’re looking for an issue that isn’t there tbh.

hibby rae
25-02-2024, 09:03 PM

You previously said you wouldn't dream of watching it, so yeah you will miss the frequent Hibs fan, and the frequent Hibs-related content and guests.

BILLYHIBS
25-02-2024, 09:06 PM
You previously said you wouldn't dream of watching it, so yeah you will miss the frequent Hibs fan, and the frequent Hibs-related content and guests.

Yip pretty sure they had Lewi’s got two on as well

Sparrows tongue
25-02-2024, 09:10 PM

Biscuits has jambo’s. :confused:

What the Hell does that even mean?

You clearly are looking for something here. Something that doesn’t exist.

Is the bottom of your glass visible once more?

Bakerman
25-02-2024, 09:10 PM

Frequent. Not regular. Frequent. What is actually wrong with you? why would you be satisfied with frequent hibs fan or frequent hibs related content or frequent guests? We're not hobos, we're good folk.

PHeffernan
25-02-2024, 10:46 PM
Frequent. Not regular. Frequent. What is actually wrong with you? why would you be satisfied with frequent hibs fan or frequent hibs related content or frequent guests? We're not hobos, we're good folk.

Here is Tony Anderson. Hibs supporter and member of The Terrace podcast. He's a funny guy and i'm sure you will take to him.
I much prefer The Terrace podcast to the TV programme especially the lower league round up shows recorded Craig Telfer and Shaughan McGuigan. Much funnier and more risque than the TV show.

https://twitter.com/tonyterrace?lang=en

Duncan McKay is also a contributor to the podcast and the TV Show and is also a Hibs supporter. Here he is:

https://twitter.com/DuncMcKay

CallumLaidlaw
26-02-2024, 07:15 AM

It’s not a Hibs show. There’s no rangers fans on it. Or Aberdeen. Or Kilmarnock

Brightside
26-02-2024, 07:23 AM
Here is Tony Anderson. Hibs supporter and member of The Terrace podcast. He's a funny guy and i'm sure you will take to him.
I much prefer The Terrace podcast to the TV programme especially the lower league round up shows recorded Craig Telfer and Shaughan McGuigan. Much funnier and more risque than the TV show.

https://twitter.com/tonyterrace?lang=en

Duncan McKay is also a contributor to the podcast and the TV Show and is also a Hibs supporter. Here he is:

https://twitter.com/DuncMcKay

He looks like a young Pat Nevin 😂

KWJ
26-02-2024, 09:44 AM
Good to have it back.

It's far from perfect but it is a great show for Scottish Football and as so many have said, the VTs really are brilliant. They should do more with them.

I think the Jambos on the show do a great job of being biased fans but still talking fairly about other clubs including Hibs. I'd go as far to say that I think they even over compensate on the Hibs stuff due to being Jambos. The very first episode ended in Sunshine On Leith. The Cup final and Latapy (I think) are in their Time Capsule and as others have mentioned Big Marv, Lewy and Mixu have all been on the show as well as Hibs related VTs such as the programme store and more specifically, Stevie C and Dnipro Kids.

BILLYHIBS
26-02-2024, 09:57 AM
Best thing about the show is no sign of the arse cheeks

hibby rae
26-02-2024, 02:03 PM

What are you actually on about? Seems like you're determined to stick to an ill-informed opinion despite countless folk pointing out the errors of it.

Just don't watch it then. The rest of us will continue to do so and enjoy it.

hibby rae
26-02-2024, 02:05 PM
Good to have it back.

It's far from perfect but it is a great show for Scottish Football and as so many have said, the VTs really are brilliant. They should do more with them.

I think the Jambos on the show do a great job of being biased fans but still talking fairly about other clubs including Hibs. I'd go as far to say that I think they even over compensate on the Hibs stuff due to being Jambos. The very first episode ended in Sunshine On Leith. The Cup final and Latapy (I think) are in their Time Capsule and as others have mentioned Big Marv, Lewy and Mixu have all been on the show as well as Hibs related VTs such as the programme store and more specifically, Stevie C and Dnipro Kids.

Porto and Jack Ross have also appeared, plus they did a piece on Rachael Boyle.

You're correct when you point out there is more Hibs than Hearts content.

Kato
26-02-2024, 02:06 PM
What are you actually on about? Seems like you're determined to stick to an ill-informed opinion despite countless folk pointing out the errors of it.

Just don't watch it then. The rest of us will continue to do so and enjoy it.Totally correct. I just posted "squeaky clowns" and moved on. If you dig that kind of thing knock yourself out.

Sparrows tongue
26-02-2024, 02:12 PM

Just don't watch it then. The rest of us will continue to do so and enjoy it.

Very well said, hibby rae. :aok:

PHeffernan
26-02-2024, 06:25 PM
He looks like a young Pat Nevin ��

Ah, as u know, Tony is the rotund, bald, 30 something guy, further doon the page.

Onceinawhile
16-03-2024, 09:47 AM
Only two hibs fans on the show last night.

Not good enough imo.