PDA

View Full Version : Mueller

Bridge hibs
19-05-2022, 06:58 AM
Decent goal last night for Chicago, maybe should have kept him a bit longer 😁

Also noticed Lewis Morgan scored for the home team, he was a player I always liked

Goals on Livescore

Viva_Palmeiras
19-05-2022, 07:28 AM
Fairy nuff on to football front… but I really have little time for him.

I think it’s his regular (it is daily?) online pseudo-profoundness.

I’m not even sure philosophers would churn things out on an industrial scale, sorry but it irked me at the start and irks me now to the point I’ve unfollowed.

easty
19-05-2022, 07:36 AM
Horrible first touch. Horrendous defending. Very good finish.

ian cruise
19-05-2022, 07:39 AM
There is a good chance there's a player in there if he'd settled but moving to a Scottish team in grim form, with what appears to be a less than supportive manager, at a time when the country is dark and baltic? I'm not surprised he was looking to get back to the US pretty quickly.

Hibee Mac
19-05-2022, 07:43 AM
There is a good chance there's a player in there if he'd settled but moving to a Scottish team in grim form, with what appears to be a less than supportive manager, at a time when the country is dark and baltic? I'm not surprised he was looking to get back to the US pretty quickly.In all honesty I think the main reason he never stepped up was his lack of quality and physicality. He looked lost on the pitch at times.

Mr. Wonderful
19-05-2022, 07:56 AM
You'd never get that much time in the box in Scotland.

Since452
19-05-2022, 07:57 AM
Far less pressure on the ball than he's get in this league. Sadly just wasn't suited to our game.

overdrive
19-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Far less pressure on the ball than he's get in this league. Sadly just wasn't suited to our game.

That and he looked like a rabbit caught in headlights when the crowd got on the team’s back. He clearly wasn’t used to fans being like that and it probably went against his ultra-positive mantra

Hibee Mac
19-05-2022, 11:22 AM
That and he looked like a rabbit caught in headlights when the crowd got on the team’s back. He clearly wasn’t used to fans being like that and it probably went against his ultra-positive mantraThat stuff is proper embarrassing, all talk no substance

Dmas
19-05-2022, 12:01 PM
In all honesty I think the main reason he never stepped up was his lack of quality and physicality. He looked lost on the pitch at times.

There was a couple of games, hearts 0-0 at ER being one of them, I thought he looked like he was having thoughts of chucking it after a couple of tackles can’t remember the other game he gave me that feeling but it was definitely more than once

Stairway 2 7
19-05-2022, 12:21 PM
Scottish football bellow the old firm is fast paced and pretty crap. Owners should soon learn this as players used to leagues like Spain and the US will generally struggle a bit more.

Shows big wages don't solve everything, as hearts have also shown many times in the last decade

Haymaker
19-05-2022, 01:22 PM
That and he looked like a rabbit caught in headlights when the crowd got on the team’s back. He clearly wasn’t used to fans being like that and it probably went against his ultra-positive mantra

US fans are very different to the rest of the world. It would be no surprise if he saw the derby crowd and thought "what the ****?"

Hannah_hfc
19-05-2022, 02:25 PM
There was a couple of games, hearts 0-0 at ER being one of them, I thought he looked like he was having thoughts of chucking it after a couple of tackles can’t remember the other game he gave me that feeling but it was definitely more than once

I thought the same at the Motherwell away cup match where he came on as a sub and got subbed off after Motherwell scored and started chasing the game a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
19-05-2022, 02:35 PM
Mueller was never ever going to make it at ER

He was neither good nor robust enough

One reason players on the way down go to the USA is cash, another is because they know they can no longer cut it it competitive football

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2022, 02:38 PM

One reason players on the way down go to the USA is cash, another is because they know they can no longer cut it it competitive football

Aye, guys like Zlatan, Robbie Keane, David Villa etc would toil here big time. Not.

BSEJVT
19-05-2022, 02:48 PM
Aye, guys like Zlatan, Robbie Keane, David Villa etc would toil here big time. Not.

At the arse end of their career they may, some did.

Roy Keane Ramsay Barton to name but 3

Despite what you think, it is not necessary nor for you to validate / approve every others posters posts on here.

For every rule there is an exception but Mueller would never have made it at ER in a million years.

Stairway 2 7
19-05-2022, 03:20 PM

Alphonso Davies, Sergino Dest, Christian Pulisic, Miguel Almiron in the last few years would do a job.

Mls is getting bigger by the year and dwarfs the spl. A good few 30,000 soccer specific stadiums now

Orchard_Hibs
19-05-2022, 04:16 PM
Alphonso Davies, Sergino Dest, Christian Pulisic, Miguel Almiron in the last few years would do a job.

Mls is getting bigger by the year and dwarfs the spl. A good few 30,000 soccer specific stadiums now

Yes they may have 30k stadiums but they also have a population of what 350mil, mls is pony.

And before you ask, I’ve been to a couple of games, Americans are great at being fans and jumping on a bandwagon of support, it’s probably the one thing the mls is better than Scottish football at, oh and beer you can have a beer.

jacomo
19-05-2022, 04:38 PM
There is a good chance there's a player in there if he'd settled but moving to a Scottish team in grim form, with what appears to be a less than supportive manager, at a time when the country is dark and baltic? I'm not surprised he was looking to get back to the US pretty quickly.

I think I prefer him to Euan Henderson if I’m honest.

Both players seem to like to be in similar areas, and weren’t really given proper direction, just had to kinda work it out for themselves.

A bit crazy that both arrived in the same window.

I think Mueller is a baller, would have liked him to stay.

Stairway 2 7
19-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Yes they may have 30k stadiums but they also have a population of what 350mil, mls is pony.

And before you ask, I’ve been to a couple of games, Americans are great at being fans and jumping on a bandwagon of support, it’s probably the one thing the mls is better than Scottish football at, oh and beer you can have a beer.
Well obviously Population helps, the same as it does the bundesliga or epl. Mls has 20 clubs with higher av attendances that hearts in 3rd in spl and another 8 close.

It's getting bigger every year and is getting huge money pumped in. It'll get better every year as the academies are phenomenal. They are also hoovering up alot of the youth talent from South and central America now.

The Veteran
19-05-2022, 04:59 PM
He’s really not that good.

Northernhibee
19-05-2022, 05:16 PM
He’s really not that good.

I think it boils down to that. Cove game aside I didn’t see anything that made me think he was a decent player with the wrong team mates around him.

Haymaker
19-05-2022, 06:14 PM

I watched Victor Wanyama get the run around the other week. Was embarrassed for him. Still, Energy Drink FC managed to screw that up

Haymaker
19-05-2022, 06:17 PM
Well obviously Population helps, the same as it does the bundesliga or epl. Mls has 20 clubs with higher av attendances that hearts in 3rd in spl and another 8 close.

It's getting bigger every year and is getting huge money pumped in. It'll get better every year as the academies are phenomenal. They are also hoovering up alot of the youth talent from South and central America now.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the average attendance, Energy Drink FC like to announce big numbers when there is hardly a soul in the ground. Think they count all season tickets etc regardless.

Busiest I have every seen RBA was when Zlatan was in town. Even for play off games I would say.

The expansion money is ridiculous, I think the latest one was double what the Saudis paid for Newcastle?

Stairway 2 7
19-05-2022, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in the average attendance, Energy Drink FC like to announce big numbers when there is hardly a soul in the ground. Think they count all season tickets etc regardless.

Busiest I have every seen RBA was when Zlatan was in town. Even for play off games I would say.

The expansion money is ridiculous, I think the latest one was double what the Saudis paid for Newcastle?

Same as hibs this season on announced numbers, sometimes baffling