Pages : [1] 2

Jonpaulnevin
18-05-2022, 11:47 AM
Hibs new hospitality set up -

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets-hospitality/hospitality

Look really good 👍

Sir David Gray
18-05-2022, 12:19 PM
Still not convinced by the value of the access only offering to the Albion Bar to be honest.

I would also like to know how much a one off game will cost in hospitality.

A Hi-Bee
18-05-2022, 12:22 PM
Hibs new hospitality set up -

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets-hospitality/hospitality

Look really good 👍

**** cannie even afford to pay my gas bills never mind prawn sanies at the fitba.
:greengrin

BS44
18-05-2022, 12:26 PM
Still not convinced by the value of the access only offering to the Albion Bar to be honest.

I would also like to know how much a one off game will cost in hospitality.

Is that 200 quid on top of a season ticket?

Johnny_Leith
18-05-2022, 12:26 PM
They do look great, I've already purchased a season ticket in the East.

I'd have considered a hospitality season ticket had I known of this earlier.

Chorley Hibee
18-05-2022, 12:28 PM

Yes.

Not In The Know
18-05-2022, 12:31 PM
**** cannie even afford to pay my gas bills never mind prawn sanies at the fitba.

Looks brilliant. Its clearly a significant investment to grow long term revenue.

HibeeSince85
18-05-2022, 12:35 PM
They'll shift. Mostly to our wealthier fans and local or national business owners to use for clients etc and they'll want a premium set up for the cash.

Not sure a 4 course fine dining meal fits into my football itenary though 😄

hibee-boys
18-05-2022, 12:36 PM
They do look great, I've already purchased a season ticket in the East.

I'd have considered a hospitality season ticket had I known of this earlier.

Pretty sure the club would reimburse you if you were planning on purchasing a hospitality season ticket or just ask you to pay the difference.

.Sean.
18-05-2022, 12:52 PM
200 quid for access twice a month to a glorified BTG 🤣

Sir David Gray
18-05-2022, 12:58 PM

It is, yes.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2022, 12:59 PM

Yeah I'm not quite convinced by that offer!

Hibernian Verse
18-05-2022, 01:02 PM

Probably around £8.00 per game including the cup games (based on 6 home cup games over a season).

Clarence
18-05-2022, 01:29 PM
The new hospitality partner is Elior, who apparently cater at Premiership grounds and Wimbledon (tennis not afc), amongst other venues. Hopefully it will be an upgrade on this season’s Edinburgh suite offering, which has been barely edible at times.

Hibernian Verse
18-05-2022, 01:32 PM
The new hospitality partner is Elior, who apparently cater at Premiership grounds and Wimbledon (tennis not afc), amongst other venues. Hopefully it will be an upgrade on this season’s Edinburgh suite offering, which has been barely edible at times.

They also do Murrayfield

HibsGW
18-05-2022, 01:40 PM
Looks very good but can’t help but feel it’s way overpriced. It’s essentially a nicer behind the goals but you have to pay £200 for the season just to get access without anything included.

Or alternatively, the top of the line one is almost £200 a game.

Stairway 2 7
18-05-2022, 01:40 PM
Impressive. Needed a face-lift and this looks many levels up. Should help us get neutral games.

Mrimbetween
18-05-2022, 01:54 PM
Floodlights and first club to play in Europe whats that got to do with hospitality ??

Scotty Leither
18-05-2022, 01:55 PM
That’s Rolls Royce prices to watch a Reliant Robin team.

Wonder if the new manager will see ANY of the Boyle money to improve the team, or has all that money went into this refurbishment?

Posters on here continually tell us we cannot go big on spending on players, yet there’s no such limitation on big screens and season ticket packages, it would appear.

Cart before the horse, which seems to be a developing theme with Gordon.

Stairway 2 7
18-05-2022, 01:56 PM

Wonder if the new manager will see ANY of the Boyle money to improve the team, or has all that money went into this refurbishment?

Posters on here continually tell us we cannot go big on spending on players, yet there’s no such limitation on big screens and season ticket packages, it would appear.

There's no way they would go ahead without confidence of net profit from the investment from this and the screens

Unseen work
18-05-2022, 01:57 PM
Looks brilliant 👍🏻

Scotty Leither
18-05-2022, 02:03 PM
There's no way they would go ahead without confidence of net profit from the investment from this and the screens

Seems a long way to get there if the team are packed with journeyman, laddies and loan players, though.

Still, first to have shirt sponsorship, floodlights, etc and basically trade on past glories while pleading poverty on the playing side.

Scotty Leither
18-05-2022, 02:08 PM
Floodlights and first club to play in Europe whats that got to do with hospitality ??

Nothing. It’s PR puff. High time the club was making its own evolving history rather than constantly referencing the past.

A Hi-Bee
18-05-2022, 02:12 PM

Strawberries!

Jones28
18-05-2022, 02:14 PM
Looks spectacular, would love to get a ticket for it.

Hibernian Verse
18-05-2022, 02:17 PM
Seems a long way to get there if the team are packed with journeyman, laddies and loan players, though.

Still, first to have shirt sponsorship, floodlights, etc and basically trade on past glories while pleading poverty on the playing side.

Has RG plead poverty on the playing side? From what he's said we are going to have the biggest transfer pot the club has ever had this summer which we can judge on 31/8/22.

eastterrace
18-05-2022, 02:23 PM
Looks impressive but jeez some off the prices are unreal.

A Hi-Bee
18-05-2022, 02:28 PM
Looks impressive but jeez some off the prices are unreal.

Strawberries are expensive.
:aok:

Brightside
18-05-2022, 02:31 PM

He will make his investment back very quickly on the hospitality bookings. The funds for the work can come from many sources. Its very expensive but i reckon they will still sell out.

flash
18-05-2022, 02:32 PM
Nothing. It’s PR puff. High time the club was making its own evolving history rather than constantly referencing the past.

I know Hertz fans who hate us less than you appear to.

Scotty Leither
18-05-2022, 02:48 PM
I know Hertz fans who hate us less than you appear to.

Be careful pal, lest you be judged by the company you keep.

Alex Trager
18-05-2022, 02:50 PM

Where has there been anything but constant talk about this summer the manager having a big budget?

Hibernia&Alba
18-05-2022, 02:55 PM
It does look superb, but doesn't come cheap. Can anyone add the Albion Bar to their season ticket?

leith lynx
18-05-2022, 02:59 PM
It does look superb, but doesn't come cheap. Can anyone add the Albion Bar to their season ticket?

Will be interesting to see the price of a pint there! Predictions?

Stuart93
18-05-2022, 03:00 PM
£200 is very steep. Expecting someone to pay £600+ for access to the match and a drink in the bar before hand for a season, oft

“Community club”

Scotty Leither
18-05-2022, 03:01 PM
Where has there been anything but constant talk about this summer the manager having a big budget?

Where was that bigger budget in January when we copped £3m for our best player and had to swallow a line from our owner about it being a “good window ?”

It’s infrastructure v the playing side argument again - in his last Q and A before he was sacked, Maloney was asked about the Boyle money and he said there was money needed for building work at the ground. It was also referenced as being part of the rammy he had with Kensell the day he left.

This team needs 5/6 first team starters in the door in the next 5/6 weeks. Are you confident we’ll get them, or will we just have to placate ourselves with the fact we’ve got fantastic function suites?

I know which one I’d prefer, because it appears despite the rhetoric we’ll not be getting both, that’s for sure.

Alex Trager
18-05-2022, 03:03 PM
Where was that bigger budget in January when we copped £3m for our best player and had to swallow a line from our owner about it being a “good window ?”

It’s infrastructure v the playing side argument again - in his last Q and A before he was sacked, Maloney was asked about the Boyle money and he said there was money needed for building work at the ground. It was also referenced as being part of the rammy he had with Kensell the day he left.

This team needs 5/6 first team starters in the door in the next 5/6 weeks. Are you confident we’ll get them, or will we just have to placate ourselves with the fact we’ve got fantastic function suites?

I know which one I’d prefer, because it appears despite the rhetoric we’ll not be getting both, that’s for sure.

Well lets return to it in 5/6 weeks.

I’m not going to get all hot and bothered over maybes

Sir David Gray
18-05-2022, 03:05 PM
£200 is very steep. Expecting someone to pay £600+ for access to the match and a drink in the bar before hand for a season, oft

Agreed. I miss BTG and now just sit in the car for up to 2 hours before games which isn't ideal but certainly won't be paying £200 on top of my season ticket to access a bar area.

Stuart93
18-05-2022, 03:07 PM
I don’t get the whole #weareallhibs one season then next they’re asking people to fork out £200 to enter a cash bar in easter road. We’re all hibs but only if you can afford it.

Alex Trager
18-05-2022, 03:09 PM
I don’t get the whole #weareallhibs one season then next they’re asking people to fork out £200 to enter a cash bar in easter road. We’re all hibs but only if you can afford it.

It’s a hospitality offering. For hospitality types.

They should be looking to improve the experience for us council types though

Scotty Leither
18-05-2022, 03:10 PM

Hot water in the toilets in the East Stand would be nice for the serfs.

Hibernian Verse
18-05-2022, 03:11 PM

It's good that we now have various corporate options for those who can afford it. If we can't, we will just go to the many pubs in Leith. We're still all Hibs, but it's a capitalist society we live in. I'd rather the richer fans were able to pay more into the club to boost the finances.

Hibernia&Alba
18-05-2022, 03:13 PM

We'll have less of this commie nonsense. Hot water? You'll be demanding edible food at the kiosks next.

Pretty Boy
18-05-2022, 03:16 PM

:agree:

Even the cheaper options aren't aimed at your average punter. Not many people are going to be tempted to pay £200 for access to a cash bar which will have the usual premium prices attached when we have multiple places offering the same, often better, within half a mile of the stadium.

I think the Albion Bar is a bit of an add on for current Edinburgh Suite ST holders who might find themselves priced out of the new hospitality areas. Rather than lose them altogether it's an option that carries a bit of exclusivity. I'd highly doubt you will get many people who usually drink in pubs on Leith Walk or Easter Road pre match suddenly rushing to pay £200 for the privilege of doing it in the stadium. I also doubt Hibs ever believed that would be the case.

I have minimal interest in hospitality at the football, regular or as a treat, so Hibs could charge £1000 a game for all I care.

leith lynx
18-05-2022, 03:17 PM

They might even bring back the macaroon bar man for us! Luxury!!

Stuart93
18-05-2022, 03:18 PM
It's good that we now have various corporate options for those who can afford it. If we can't, we will just go to the many pubs in Leith. We're still all Hibs, but it's a capitalist society we live in. I'd rather the richer fans were able to pay more into the club to boost the finances.

So the ones that can’t afford should keep their mouths shut and take what they’re given? Which is nothing.

They shut BTG and there’s been zero alternatives on offer.

Scotty Leither
18-05-2022, 03:23 PM
We'll have less of this commie nonsense. Hot water? You'll be demanding edible food at the kiosks next.

Spasibo, comrade. The hot water is a serious point though, especially in these germ/virus ridden times.

Clarence
18-05-2022, 03:24 PM
They also do Murrayfield

Do you know if they are any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee-boys
18-05-2022, 03:25 PM
The club has been criticised in the past for not generating commercial revenue on par with the likes of Aberdeen/Hearts. If there’s a market for this sort of business then I don’t see the problem with it, more income the better. I actually think the additional £200 is fair enough over the season to add to the overall match day experience, appreciate it’s not for everyone but there’ll be plenty fans who’ll want to have a more relaxed pre-game environment to enjoy a few beers.

Iain G
18-05-2022, 03:27 PM
So the ones that can’t afford should keep their mouths shut and take what they’re given? Which is nothing.

BTG was **** though!

This will generate income for the club, hopefully some that can be channeled into a better BTG type venue with decent beer and speedy service!

Hibernian Verse
18-05-2022, 03:30 PM

We just pay for a seat at the game, we get a seat at the game. Hot water would be nice as said above. BTG was ***** and it's not coming back.

leith lynx
18-05-2022, 03:30 PM
Spasibo, comrade. The hot water is a serious point though, especially in these germ/virus ridden times.

The tasteless coffee on offer at the moment could be an alternative I suppose.

Hibernian Verse
18-05-2022, 03:31 PM
Do you know if they are any good?

Only been once and I really enjoyed it. Wouldn't pay for it out my own pocket though.

hibee-boys
18-05-2022, 03:35 PM

You pay to gain entry to watch the football, where does it say that the club are obliged to offer a comfortable, well priced pre match watering hole as part of the deal? I’m glad the club are investing into infrastructure that will add to revenue which can ultimately help with player budget. BTG was, for the most part, a miserable experience anyway.

LancashireHibby
18-05-2022, 03:39 PM
I was in The Gallery on Sunday the food was fantastic (bacon roll pre-match, steak pie at half-time and pork belly at full-time). With the inclusive drinks, it was also very good value at £135. There were brochures on the tables advertising the new options and there didn't really seem to be anything similar to that day's offering which is a shame as we really enjoyed it and said we would certainly do it again for a similar deal.

CapitalGreen
18-05-2022, 03:47 PM

Copying my post from the previous thread.

It’s not a new BTG, it is the Edinburgh Suite moving down a floor and being split into two.

Currently, Edinburgh Suite season ticket holders pay £1350 for suite access, buffet food, a paid bar + seat in the west stand.

Many members of the Edinburgh Suite don’t partake in the buffet though and only use the bar so the new hospitality will split this into 2 new options.

Tornadoes - pretty much the same as the current Edinburgh Suite package but in a new location with an apparently much better food offering.

Albion Bar - current Edinburgh Suite package but without the buffet food included. I think the price is £750 for a season ticket so saving £600 for the folk who never partook in the buffet food.

The majority of places in the lounge will probably be taken by existing Edinburgh suite members however there is an option for people who wish sit outwith the hospitality sections to pay £200 to access the suite pre and post match.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2022, 03:55 PM
You pay to gain entry to watch the football, where does it say that the club are obliged to offer a comfortable, well priced pre match watering hole as part of the deal? I’m glad the club are investing into infrastructure that will add to revenue which can ultimately help with player budget. BTG was, for the most part, a miserable experience anyway.

Why can't there be another BTG? Plenty of other clubs across Scotland manage to provide a bar facility within their stadium which does not cost anything to enter.

What's so different about Hibs?

Jones28
18-05-2022, 03:56 PM
Why can't there be another BTG? Plenty of other clubs across Scotland manage to provide a bar facility within their stadium which does not cost anything to enter.

I thought they were re-doing BTG?

Sir David Gray
18-05-2022, 04:03 PM
I thought they were re-doing BTG?

That was certainly the initial plan but think it's gone quiet.

My understanding is that there's no active plans in place.

McD
18-05-2022, 04:06 PM
Didn’t Kensell confirm on the podcast that BTG was not only a money loser for the club, but would also cost a significant sum to refurb?

Brightside
18-05-2022, 04:07 PM
That was certainly the initial plan but think it's gone quiet.

My understanding is that there's no active plans in place.

They are developing BTG to be used by the community foundation.

leith lynx
18-05-2022, 04:33 PM
Wonder if there are any plans to relocate the Historical artifacts presently on show in the West stand?

Danderhall Hibs
18-05-2022, 04:38 PM

“Community club”

I don’t think they expect everyone to do it. The pricing is the same between folks/silver and bronze - you buy what you can afford. No gun is being held at anyone head here.

tamig
18-05-2022, 04:47 PM

There are plenty folk who will be taking that up.

tamig
18-05-2022, 04:50 PM

Who’s pleading poverty on the playing side? You make stuff up to dig at the board. No matter who is in charge.

marinello59
18-05-2022, 04:51 PM
There are plenty folk who will be taking that up.

Those who can afford to pony up will do I guess. Out of reach for me given there are three of us.

Nicho87
18-05-2022, 04:52 PM
I’ll Maybe get a glimpse on one of the stadium tours

JohnM1875
18-05-2022, 04:54 PM
We're charging folk £200 a season to enter a paid bar meanwhile Motherwell are giving away season tickets to unemployed/low income families 😂

h1bs4life
18-05-2022, 05:09 PM
Was taking part in a community foundation event . They have moved from the South stand to the North Stand to allow offices etc located in the West to go in the South freeing up space to develop the West hospitality.
BTG looks very dated and needs a good clean / modernisation the foundation are happy to go in the North with all the space it has.
Hospitality not for me rather go to pubs in Easter Road but no doubt it will be popular and bring extra revenue

Allant1981
18-05-2022, 05:10 PM
We're charging folk £200 a season to enter a paid bar meanwhile Motherwell are giving away season tickets to unemployed/low income families 😂

And? No matter what the club does these days there are folk ready to pounce and moan, we are a business, we need money coming in. If folk can afford it and want to do it then great, motherwells initiative is great but not viable long term

CapitalGreen
18-05-2022, 05:24 PM

If you took the same option this season it was £1350 with a seat in the West.

JohnM1875
18-05-2022, 05:25 PM
And? No matter what the club does these days there are folk ready to pounce and moan, we are a business, we need money coming in. If folk can afford it and want to do it then great, motherwells initiative is great but not viable long term

Not true at all. Got plaudits for extending the season ticket deadline and for freezing prices this season. But charging folk £200 a season to enter a paid bar is absolutely ridiculous.

Leith has about 25 pubs within walking distance and good ones at that.

davhibby
18-05-2022, 05:27 PM

“Community club”

It’s a slightly posh version of a season ticket for people who want easy access to a pint. I know someone who has a season ticket at Celtic for pretty much the exact same thing. It wouldn’t surprise me if they charge double what we are for that.

BTG should be refurbed so we have a proper fans bar again, I know Kensell said it didn’t make money before but it was pretty poorly run imo, and there were multiple easy wins that would give it a chance of turning a profit. A bottle bar being one.

PaulSmith
18-05-2022, 05:37 PM
Hibs fans - it’s a scandal that we don’t have the same commercial income as Hearts and Aberdeen

Hibs fans - it’s a scandal that we’re trying to increase commercial income to match that of Hearts and Aberdeen

RIP
18-05-2022, 05:41 PM
Hibs fans - it’s a scandal that we don’t have the same commercial income as Hearts and Aberdeen

Hibs fans - it’s a scandal that we’re trying to increase commercial income to match that of Hearts and Aberdeen

This place!!!

JohnM1875
18-05-2022, 05:45 PM

Pretty sure that's what the plethora of new sponsorship deals is for right? Bridging the commercial income gap? Be surprised if we weren't one of the most sponsored teams in the league now, which the board definitely deserves credit for.

blackpoolhibs
18-05-2022, 05:47 PM

Exactly, if you cant afford it or dont want it, dont bloody buy it? :confused:

Brooster
18-05-2022, 05:49 PM

Go support Motherwell then. Or maybe just stop putting the boot in all the time, go on...say something nice about the club, it will make you feel better.

CapitalGreen
18-05-2022, 05:49 PM
Not true at all. Got plaudits for extending the season ticket deadline and for freezing prices this season. But charging folk £200 a season to enter a paid bar is absolutely ridiculous.

Why are you only fussed now and not during the previous 25+ years this hospitality option has been available?

All they’ve done now is rebrand it and make it available to more season ticket holders.

PaulSmith
18-05-2022, 05:51 PM
Pretty sure that's what the plethora of new sponsorship deals is for right? Bridging the commercial income gap? Be surprised if we weren't one of the most sponsored teams in the league now, which the board definitely deserves credit for.

That’s true in regards to sponsorship but in terms of corporate commercial income the current facilities are very poor and a harder sell. It’s not bad much more than a lick of paint in 25 years.

A survey of existing members showed that 96% thought that the facilities were tired and in desperate need of an upgrade and a further 97% said that the food was poor/average.

Now, there will be an argument that kiosks and other areas deserve the same upgrade, I can’t argue with that, but the return on capital investment on the West Stand makes it a priority.

JohnM1875
18-05-2022, 05:52 PM
Go support Motherwell then. Or maybe just stop putting the boot in all the time, go on...say something nice about the club, it will make you feel better.

'Go support Motherwell' nothing wrong for praising a club for doing something right and giving something back to their fans. Just like I said our board deserve credit for the sponsorship deals and extending the season ticket deadline, so already gave the club credit on this thread twice.

Jones28
18-05-2022, 05:57 PM

Go to them then? **** sake no one’s forcing you to buy it.

Gatecrasher
18-05-2022, 05:57 PM

Is there no a middle ground here though? Charging £200 to enter a bar that STH got free access to previously is a bit steep. How about a £5 entry fee for using it or something like that?

JohnM1875
18-05-2022, 05:58 PM
Why are you only fussed now and not during the previous 25+ years this hospitality option has been available?

All they’ve done now is rebrand it and make it available to more season ticket holders.

You're right and that's a completely fair point. Just think the club have gone on a lot about being a community club recently and charging folk £200 (or any amount to be completely honest) a season for a paid bar is crazy and will price a lot of the Leith community out of being able to indulge.

No doubt other clubs do it as well and we're not alone in doing it.

JohnM1875
18-05-2022, 05:59 PM
Go to them then? **** sake no one’s forcing you to buy it.

Oh don't you worry about that, I will.

bigwheel
18-05-2022, 06:02 PM
Oh don't you worry about that, I will.

Don’t you realise that the club has to raise more income to fund the team to get better ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
18-05-2022, 06:06 PM
You're right and that's a completely fair point. Just think the club have gone on a lot about being a community club recently and charging folk £200 (or any amount to be completely honest) a season for a paid bar is crazy and will price a lot of the Leith community out of being able to indulge.

No doubt other clubs do it as well and we're not alone in doing it.

It’s not just a “paid bar” though, it’s a hospitality package that includes all the hospitality benefits afforded to other hospitality offerings such as event priority and concierge service. It’s a members lounge with a limited membership meaning you are guaranteed to get in when we you arrive and wait times at the bar will be minimal - 2 things which couldn’t be said about BTG or local pubs.

As I said before, this isn’t a new offering. It’s an offering that’s been around for 25+ years which was merged with a food option a couple of years ago and is now being reinstated with a new name and opened up to the wider season ticket base.

Gloucester Hibs
18-05-2022, 06:07 PM

That’s a good point, what are that mob charging for equivalent packages 🤔

PaulSmith
18-05-2022, 06:09 PM
That’s a good point, what are that mob charging for equivalent packages [emoji848]

Who cares? Hibs don’t have a few multi-millionaire fans who are happy to pump in c£4m a years so we need to bridge the gap in other ways.

Gloucester Hibs
18-05-2022, 06:18 PM
Who cares? Hibs don’t have a few multi-millionaire fans who are happy to pump in c£4m a years so we need to bridge the gap in other ways.

I’m with you - I was coming at it from the point of view that they are probably charging similar so not worth getting worked up over 🤷*♂️

PaulSmith
18-05-2022, 06:20 PM
I’m with you - I was coming at it from the point of view that they are probably charging similar so not worth getting worked up over [emoji1745]*[emoji3603]

Cool.. sorry mate. Misunderstood your post and the answer is they they charge almost exactly the same :)

Allant1981
18-05-2022, 06:21 PM

If its ridiculous then folk wont pay it

Sir David Gray
18-05-2022, 06:25 PM
Is there no a middle ground here though? Charging £200 to enter a bar that STH got free access to previously is a bit steep. How about a £5 entry fee for using it or something like that?

More than happy for hospitality to be on offer, I've gone to it several times myself as a treat and the club do need to have ways to generate income.

It's the fact that there previously was an option for season ticket holders to access a bar facility free of charge in the past which is the point of frustration for me.

Especially when the club's just announced an option which sounds very similar to what BTG used to be but is now charging £200 per season and also that other clubs seem to be able to offer a bar facility at their stadium which is free of charge to enter.

Hopefully we get a replacement for BTG open soon.

Hibs90
18-05-2022, 06:25 PM
Looks good. Won't personally ever use it but if it increases revenue fair enough.

RIP
18-05-2022, 06:30 PM
They are using a top Leith furniture firm I’m told.

The facilities are going to be a significant upgrade on anything we’ve had before.

The idea is to generate more income for the playing squad. Good news all round.

andudare2
18-05-2022, 06:31 PM
Is there no a middle ground here though? Charging £200 to enter a bar that STH got free access to previously is a bit steep. How about a £5 entry fee for using it or something like that?Think your confusing your bars here,nothing to do with BTG,not even the same stand.🤣

CapitalGreen
18-05-2022, 06:40 PM
Think your confusing your bars here,nothing to do with BTG,not even the same stand.🤣

Exactly, this hospitality offering has been in existence long before BTG existed.

marinello59
18-05-2022, 06:42 PM
Exactly, this hospitality offering has been in existence long before BTG existed.

A one off £200 charge for access to a cash bar for the season?
I honestly didn’t know.

Stuart93
18-05-2022, 06:43 PM

Don’t question it, just be happy about it

Gatecrasher
18-05-2022, 06:45 PM
Think your confusing your bars here,nothing to do with BTG,not even the same stand.🤣

Doesn't really change my point though.

CapitalGreen
18-05-2022, 06:46 PM
A one off £200 charge for access to a cash bar for the season?
I honestly didn’t know.

You can read my previous long post further up this thread which explains it.

andudare2
18-05-2022, 06:53 PM
Doesn't really change my point though.so your happy to make criticism of the club with a point that was,when made totally invalid? Good for you champ,meanwhile in the real world folk are debating whether or not it will help club realise more profit to be funneled towards playing side,just you keep having a pop though.
T

Jones28
18-05-2022, 06:57 PM
Don’t question it, just be happy about it

Maybe just stop twisting the knife in to the club?

marinello59
18-05-2022, 06:57 PM
You can read my previous long post further up this thread which explains it.

It didn’t make clear that the £200 offering for access to a cash bar only existed before. Maybe that’s just me reading it wrong though. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
18-05-2022, 07:00 PM
Maybe just stop twisting the knife in to the club?

I think scrutiny over this is justified to be honest.

PaulSmith
18-05-2022, 07:15 PM

What is it that’s not clear and is upsetting folk? I genuinely don’t understand the comparisons to the FF and why a new corporate style bar that holds 200 is causing some folk to lose their head.

Go anywhere in England and this is common place.

We should be applauding the club for making our stadium the best it can be whilst at the same time increasing commercial income for the benefit of every Hibs supporter

Jones28
18-05-2022, 07:24 PM

Why? It’s an option that some among us will be able to take, it sounds brilliant to me. The more money Hibs take the better. It’s been on offer for years without a peep, only now that it’s being re-advertised and re packaged is it being scrutinised.

It’s just further proof that some have made their mind up about RG and the club will not do anything right for them.

Allant1981
18-05-2022, 07:29 PM

Why? There is an option there for fans to pay and go to the bar, if fans dont want to then dont do it, absolutely nothing to be scrutinised in my opinion

Sir David Gray
18-05-2022, 07:33 PM
What is it that’s not clear and is upsetting folk? I genuinely don’t understand the comparisons to the FF and why a new corporate style bar that holds 200 is causing some folk to lose their head.

Go anywhere in England and this is common place.

We should be applauding the club for making our stadium the best it can be whilst at the same time increasing commercial income for the benefit of every Hibs supporter

For me it's not the fact this new place has opened that I'm opposed to, it's the fact that it's opened for £200 per season despite being very similar in nature to BTG but a free to enter BTG hasn't been replaced.

Especially when there seems to have been intentions to reopen a new BTG a year or so ago but now that's all gone quiet.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2022, 07:35 PM
Why? It’s an option that some among us will be able to take, it sounds brilliant to me. The more money Hibs take the better. It’s been on offer for years without a peep, only now that it’s being re-advertised and re packaged is it being scrutinised.

It’s just further proof that some have made their mind up about RG and the club will not do anything right for them.

Why? There is an option there for fans to pay and go to the bar, if fans dont want to then dont do it, absolutely nothing to be scrutinised in my opinion

Explained more above.

McD
18-05-2022, 07:37 PM

it’s not a bar that season ticket holders got free access to - its got nothing to do with BTG, it’s not even in the same stand

PaulSmith
18-05-2022, 07:40 PM
For me it's not the fact this new place has opened that I'm opposed to, it's the fact that it's opened for £200 per season despite being very similar in nature to BTG but a free to enter BTG hasn't been replaced.

Especially when there seems to have been intentions to reopen a new BTG a year or so ago but now that's all gone quiet.

It’s not gone quiet at all but everything to do with priorities.

All being well you’ll have your FF bar refurbed during summer 2023 but that only works if ST’a don’t tank any further and we don’t have a better team.

I’d also expect there to be a surcharge on any ST for access to the FF bar, unless fans want the £2m reduced from the playing pool over the next 10 years.

PaulSmith
18-05-2022, 07:43 PM
I actually wish Hibs had just said it’s a £750 corporate offering, gets you an exec seat and a cash bar before, at HT and at full time.

It would be a simpler message and one that wouldn’t get the negative comments.

Instead they’ve tried to offer it to existing ST holders for £200 and are getting crucified.

Jones28
18-05-2022, 07:50 PM

Surely you get that the club need to prioritise the options that generate the most income first?

Gatecrasher
18-05-2022, 07:59 PM
so your happy to make criticism of the club with a point that was,when made totally invalid? Good for you champ,meanwhile in the real world folk are debating whether or not it will help club realise more profit to be funneled towards playing side,just you keep having a pop though.
T

That's some mental gymnastics if I've ever seen any. If anything I'm responding to the folk having a go at the club. The point I'm trying to make is that there could easily be a middle ground to folk feeling ripped off by the new hospitality on offer and the club increasing commercial revenues.

The point I made about BTG was nothing more than a suggestion to facilitate that middle ground.

Jamesie
18-05-2022, 08:00 PM
I don’t like the name “Pioneers” for the hospitality restaurant. It’s a bit too The Rangers for me, with their “gallant pioneers” nonsense.

NC1875
18-05-2022, 08:05 PM

About £8-£10 a game. Not bad actually

Jones28
18-05-2022, 08:07 PM
About £8-£10 a game. Not bad actually

I’d have paid that compared to waiting 40 minutes to get served BTG.

Tommy75
18-05-2022, 08:09 PM
I don’t like the name “Pioneers” for the hospitality restaurant. It’s a bit too The Rangers for me, with their “gallant pioneers” nonsense.

Not keen on the name either. Stubbs or Gray's Bar would be more appt. We have the FF stand and now the Tornadoes bar but nothing for those who gave us the greatest day in the clubs history in over 100 years.

Like the idea though and hope it is a success.

andudare2
18-05-2022, 08:12 PM
That's some mental gymnastics if I've ever seen any. If anything I'm responding to the folk having a go at the club. The point I'm trying to make is that there could easily be a middle ground to folk feeling ripped off by the new hospitality on offer and the club increasing commercial revenues.

The point I made about BTG was nothing more than a suggestion to facilitate that middle ground.no mental gymnastics here, you tried to emphasis the point that new facilities were ripping of folk as it had not cost anything extra to get into BTG,you didn'tevenget the stand right as has also been pointed out to you be another poster,so perhaps best to accept you are wrong and move on.

Gatecrasher
18-05-2022, 08:14 PM
no mental gymnastics here, youvtried to emphasis the point that new facilities were ripping of folk as it had not coct anything extra to get into BTG,you didn'tevenget the stand right as has also been pointed out to you be anotherposter,so perhaps best to accept you are wrong and move on.

cba to be honest. It's not that Important. Enjoy your night

NC1875
18-05-2022, 08:16 PM

Don’t go then. I can guarantee there are lots of people happy to pay this. Just because you aren’t doesn’t mean it’s the clubs fault.

leith lynx
18-05-2022, 08:17 PM
In the spirit of the Albion bar and other old Leith pubs, will they bring back the go-go's?😊

Zambernardi1875
18-05-2022, 08:18 PM
is there anything in place to take kids/teenagers an hour or so before games or these hospitality all alcohol and meal based. wouldve maybe paid for something like that.

hibee-boys
18-05-2022, 08:24 PM
I’d happily pay the.additional £200 as I think it’s a decent offer to get access to a limited number lounge, comfortable setting, option to purchase food/drink, all adds to the match day experience for the equivalent of around £10 a game. I also like the fact they’ve opened it up to all season ticket holders, not just those purchasing the executive seats.

Just Alf
18-05-2022, 08:36 PM
Mate says he's over the moon with the new offering... got.to admit, I was reading the website and going wtf... he's saying it'll save him a few quid as he can tailor the membership to what he wants.. or something.

.... I just want a decent BTG back.

Scotty Leither
18-05-2022, 10:40 PM
Who’s pleading poverty on the playing side? You make stuff up to dig at the board. No matter who is in charge.

There wasn't anybody suitable to buy after we sold Boyler, according to Gordon. We played Hearts in the semi final without a recognised centre forward. Not a "dig" at the Board, more a statement of fact.

andrew70
18-05-2022, 10:47 PM
I’d happily pay the.additional £200 as I think it’s a decent offer to get access to a limited number lounge, comfortable setting, option to purchase food/drink, all adds to the match day experience for the equivalent of around £10 a game. I also like the fact they’ve opened it up to all season ticket holders, not just those purchasing the executive seats.

Do folk not pay monthly for Hibs Club and Edin City club at Lochend?

I am not saying it’s great value but I am sure some already fork out for their pre match Boozer.

Just Alf
18-05-2022, 11:02 PM

I am not saying it’s great value but I am sure some already fork out for their pre match Boozer.Dunno about Edin City but the Hibs Club is a one off payment each year.... and not expensive at all!

For that, you get the better prices and the 10% extra on your card for anything you deposit into it as well as the points for every pound spent.
Even if the place was a ****hole it would be worth it, but with the refurb a couple of years ago it's actually one of the nicer places to have a beer/gin in that part of town.

andrew70
18-05-2022, 11:04 PM
Dunno about Edin City but the Hibs Club is a one off payment each year.... and not expensive at all!

For that, you get the better prices and the 10% extra on your card for anything you deposit into it as well as the points for every pound spent.
Even if the place was a ****hole it would be worth it, but with the refurb a couple of years ago it's actually one of the nicer places to have a beer/gin in that part of town.

Fair enough, not been a member for many a year.

I may look into that for next season though. Cheers

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2022, 11:26 PM

"Community club”

Which is kind of my take on it. Having high end hospitality is absolutely fine, but it seems to me the least you can pay for access to west hospitality is £200 on top of your season ticket. The fans being left out here are the ones who budget to make a season ticket or even the odd walk up ticket and would appreciate a simple pub style bar like BTG was where you can maybe buy a scotch pie or a poke of chips to go with your pint.

Yes perhaps that wouldn't be a huge money maker, but it would go towards the 'connect' between the club and the ordinary fans .... if you want to punt yourself as a 'community' club it's hardly a good look when the poorer parts of that 'community' can only see the inside of the stadium for 90 minutes because even £200 for the lower end of west hospitality is outwith their reach, which probably applies to a good number of our hard core support.

Still, it's an ill wind as they say and that's all good news for Edinburgh City whose social club will no doubt continue to be rammed every time Hibs are at home. Maybe Hibs real contribution to Edinburgh's community is to help ensure City have a good few bob of our fans cash in their coffers every year.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2022, 07:45 AM

I am not saying it’s great value but I am sure some already fork out for their pre match Boozer.

Annual payment for Edin City club

andrew70
19-05-2022, 07:54 AM
Annual payment for Edin City club

I stand corrected on both then. Apologies. I had a Edin City membership 3 or 4 seasons ago and thought I’d paid monthly.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2022, 09:24 AM
Which is kind of my take on it. Having high end hospitality is absolutely fine, but it seems to me the least you can pay for access to west hospitality is £200 on top of your season ticket. The fans being left out here are the ones who budget to make a season ticket or even the odd walk up ticket and would appreciate a simple pub style bar like BTG was where you can maybe buy a scotch pie or a poke of chips to go with your pint.

Yes perhaps that wouldn't be a huge money maker, but it would go towards the 'connect' between the club and the ordinary fans .... if you want to punt yourself as a 'community' club it's hardly a good look when the poorer parts of that 'community' can only see the inside of the stadium for 90 minutes because even £200 for the lower end of west hospitality is outwith their reach, which probably applies to a good number of our hard core support.

Still, it's an ill wind as they say and that's all good news for Edinburgh City whose social club will no doubt continue to be rammed every time Hibs are at home. Maybe Hibs real contribution to Edinburgh's community is to help ensure City have a good few bob of our fans cash in their coffers every year.

I think Hibs, officially or otherwise, walked away from the whole 'community club' thing quite some time ago. It's a move that has been welcomed by many who felt being community minded meant we lacked the ruthlessness required to succeed in football.

That's fine really. Running a football club like any other business makes sense in a lot of ways. I would argue the issue a club at our level faces is that if it starts to alienate you from the very community that supports you then it can become counter productive.

As I said above I don't really care about this £200 Albion Bar or the lack of a free to enter venue, I won't use either. I do question how so many other teams in the league seem to make a fans bar work yet we can't. We have a far bigger captive audience than Livingston or St Johnstone ever will.

JeMeSouviens
19-05-2022, 09:36 AM
I think Hibs, officially or otherwise, walked away from the whole 'community club' thing quite some time ago. It's a move that has been welcomed by many who felt being community minded meant we lacked the ruthlessness required to succeed in football.

That's fine really. Running a football club like any other business makes sense in a lot of ways. I would argue the issue a club at our level faces is that if it starts to alienate you from the very community that supports you then it can become counter productive.

As I said above I don't really care about this £200 Albion Bar or the lack of a free to enter venue, I won't use either. I do question how so many other teams in the league seem to make a fans bar work yet we can't. We have a far bigger captive audience than Livingston or St Johnstone ever will.

But that audience has a multitude of pre-match, easy walk to the ground decent pubs to choose from.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2022, 09:39 AM
But that audience has a multitude of pre-match, easy walk to the ground decent pubs to choose from.

Even allowing for that BTG was still regularly full well over an hour before kick off with a one out, one in system operating.

BTG lost money largely because it was poorly run rather than because of lack of interest.

Eaststand
19-05-2022, 09:49 AM
Not keen on the name either. Stubbs or Gray's Bar would be more appt. We have the FF stand and now the Tornadoes bar but nothing for those who gave us the greatest day in the clubs history in over 100 years.

Like the idea though and hope it is a success.

I'd have approached the 7up drinks marketing people and had them knock-up some suitable green signage naming the area the 7 up bar.

Make sure there are lots of pics from that famous derby game and a bar theme in that style would def be a good place to have a few beers.

I have a hunch that would be a popular choice 😎🇳🇬

GGTTH

JeMeSouviens
19-05-2022, 10:09 AM
Even allowing for that BTG was still regularly full well over an hour before kick off with a one out, one in system operating.

BTG lost money largely because it was poorly run rather than because of lack of interest.

Yeah, that's true. tbh, I was only ever in it a couple of times. Why anyone went there for that offering when there's so many good pubs around beats me, but you're right, it was heaving.

JimBHibees
19-05-2022, 10:35 AM
Yeah, that's true. tbh, I was only ever in it a couple of times. Why anyone went there for that offering when there's so many good pubs around beats me, but you're right, it was heaving.

Proximity to the ground get a drink something to eat watch the TV game then two minutes to your seat. Also the fact all Hibs fans together. Think it is poor we don't offer that given the facilities are there though appreciate they need updating.

Green Badger
19-05-2022, 10:50 AM
I've not got a problem with the new options, I'm sure plenty of folk who have the money will sign up and it will hopefully make the club money that they can reinvest in the squad.

I'd assume they are still looking at a new improved BTG type setup though surely, although they probably wanted the higher revenue setup launched first. After all, can't necessarily do everything at once - but as others have said the potential is there for BTG to do well, if run properly. It's a shame the club have let the space fall into such disrepair, seems very short sighted.

surreyhibbie
19-05-2022, 11:46 AM
The Pioneers option doesn't mention a seat for the game?

Probably an oversight, at least I hope so for that price! :greengrin

maybe if I win the lottery...

allezsauzee
19-05-2022, 12:02 PM
Looks like a pretty decent option. Hopefully they have the racing channel on the tv during the winter :greengrin

micksoo
19-05-2022, 03:42 PM
The Albion Bar had 210 memberships available. Over half sold already.

Hibernian Verse
19-05-2022, 03:54 PM

Over £21,000 for the club less tax already.

hibbyfraelibby
20-05-2022, 08:38 AM

BTG lost money,it was a drain on the club not a gold mine.

Jones28
20-05-2022, 08:47 AM
BTG lost money,it was a drain on the club not a gold mine.

I remember going in to the first floor BTG when I was 13-14, having to queue to get in for 15 minutes, getting in, setting up camp somewhere because the tables were all taken and playing games on my phone for 30 minutes while my dad queued for a drink. It was a real wasted opportunity.

There is definitely a market for a supporters bar at the stadium - that space would be perfect. But FFS make it either bottles/cans only or put in a massive bar the full width of the room to speed the service up.

Wetherspoons is a perfect example of how to design a bar to cater to large numbers quickly. Loads of space, loads of taps, loads of tills and loads of staff.

Brooster
20-05-2022, 11:09 AM

Guaranteed to sell out, well done Hibs, this is a great initiative and a necessary one too. If BTG makes a return I think that will be based on a membership type scheme too. The club needs to make money out of these places.

Betty Boop
20-05-2022, 11:22 AM

Well said

Gerard
20-05-2022, 02:25 PM
I like the new options. Only problem is trying to contact the hospitality team by e mail or telephone. This suggests that there is a big interest in the new hospitality.
:thumbsup:

Brightside
20-05-2022, 03:09 PM
Imagine if they are serving Carling as the on tap lager. :greengrin

Stairway 2 7
20-05-2022, 03:16 PM
Imagine if they are serving Carling as the on tap lager. :greengrin

It's skol, kestrel and hofmeister

marinello59
20-05-2022, 03:36 PM
It's skol, kestrel and hofmeister

Kestrel Lager…. It bites. :greengrin

18Craig75
20-05-2022, 04:25 PM
They are using a top Leith furniture firm I’m told.

The facilities are going to be a significant upgrade on anything we’ve had before.

The idea is to generate more income for the playing squad. Good news all round.

Ron announced that a couple of AGM’s ago, but it didn’t transpire and it’s all being done by a Glasgow based company.

Jonpaulnevin
20-05-2022, 04:28 PM
Ron announced that a couple of AGM’s ago, but it didn’t transpire and it’s all being done by a Glasgow based company.

No they are Edinburgh based:
http://442design.com/

18Craig75
20-05-2022, 04:38 PM
No they are Edinburgh based:
http://442design.com/

442 did all the design - which is great, Procast are the main contractor I believe and they’re using their own joinery manufacturers.

Jonpaulnevin
20-05-2022, 04:53 PM
442 did all the design - which is great, Procast are the main contractor I believe and they’re using their own joinery manufacturers.

Seen 👌

Scotty Leither
20-05-2022, 05:40 PM
Is the facility sub-contracted out, or is all running costs and resultant profits going to the club? Might go for one of the packages if it's the latter.

JennaFletcher
20-05-2022, 05:53 PM
If it makes any difference, they will be offering Tennents in the new hospitality areas :wink:

I'm really impressed by it all. Was fortunate enough to take part in their launch night, the food that was served was for the Pioneer offering. I'm a big foodie, and like this kind of thing, thought it was excellent and the service on the night was massively improved.

I also like hospitality at Hibs because it's the one venue where the queue for the mens toilet is longer than the womens... :aok:

stuart-farquhar
20-05-2022, 07:17 PM
If it makes any difference, they will be offering Tennents in the new hospitality areas :wink:

I'm really impressed by it all. Was fortunate enough to take part in their launch night, the food that was served was for the Pioneer offering. I'm a big foodie, and like this kind of thing, thought it was excellent and the service on the night was massively improved.

I also like hospitality at Hibs because it's the one venue where the queue for the mens toilet is longer than the womens... :aok:
Tennents pah. What's wrong with Pilot, Innis and Gunn or Bellfield to name but 3 massively better lagers than that dross.

CentreLine
20-05-2022, 09:08 PM

Great opportunity for sure. I’d have definitely been up for that if I was renewing my ST this year. It is a good initiative, has to sell out quickly and the seat will only be available on a “dead man’s shoes” kind of basis going forward. Got to say it one of the better club initiatives.
Good luck to those that get in there

GreenCastle
20-05-2022, 09:24 PM
Will the hospitality be available to hire on non match days?

Also will the better food / restaurant be open more regularly for others to try on a one off basis ? I see Hearts do this I think - not sure how often it’s open. Probably adds quite a bit of extra ££.

RyeSloan
20-05-2022, 09:34 PM
Tennents pah. What's wrong with Pilot, Innis and Gunn or Bellfield to name but 3 massively better lagers than that dross.

Nowt wrong with a pint of Tennents and is probably a popular lager with a lot of the support. Certainly seems to be the lager of choice in most of the pubs around the stadium.

stuart-farquhar
20-05-2022, 09:39 PM
Nowt wrong with a pint of Tennents and is probably a popular lager with a lot of the support. Certainly seems to be the lager of choice in most of the pubs around the stadium.

Well. It's mass produced with minimum taste and is lowish alcohol so lacks body any discernible hop flavours and generally so far from a real lager style to be a drink in its own right. Other than that I suppose it's OK.

RyeSloan
20-05-2022, 09:44 PM
Well. It's mass produced with minimum taste and is lowish alcohol so lacks body any discernible hop flavours and generally so far from a real lager style to be a drink in its own right. Other than that I suppose it's OK.

Which all may be true but it still sells in massive amounts in the pubs around the ground . Some of which will almost certainly be to the very people that will be frequenting the new Albion Bar!

Most guys that I drink with that drink lager wouldn’t thank you for a hoppy pint of Innes whatever and would be rather pleased to see a Tennents available.

Jones28
20-05-2022, 09:53 PM

Each to their own. I will defend tennents to the hilt. No one’s asking you to drink it, there’s bound something for everyone on offer.

stuart-farquhar
20-05-2022, 09:54 PM
Which all may be true but it still sells in massive amounts in the pubs around the ground . Some of which will almost certainly be to the very people that will be frequenting the new Albion Bar!

Most guys that I drink with that drink lager wouldn’t thank you for a hoppy pint of Innes whatever and would be rather pleased to see a Tennents available.

Well we need some tasting classes lol.

Renfrew_Hibby
20-05-2022, 10:27 PM
Tennents is intrinsically linked to Scottish fitba.

eastterrace
20-05-2022, 10:31 PM
Innis and Gunn tastes like piss water imo.

Frazerbob
21-05-2022, 12:02 AM

And Scotland’s best selling beer by a country mile. As cooking lagers go, it’s very good IMHO and a product Scotland should be very proud of.

Brightside
21-05-2022, 12:14 AM

Noting wrong with T.

BILLYHIBS
21-05-2022, 05:48 AM
Cannae beat a good pint of cold Tennents

Other lagers just don’t come close imho

HH81
21-05-2022, 07:00 AM
Tennents is pretty much on a par with fosters or carling.

I don't drink much these days but other week i had a pint in a cricket club in keighley called poretti. Never even heard of it but for a larger I quite enjoyed it.

BILLYHIBS
21-05-2022, 07:12 AM
Tennents Lager drinkers notice the difference between Tennents Carling and Fosters trust me 😀

BlackSheep
21-05-2022, 07:17 AM

Is that 210 with west stand seats or 210 total (west stand seated memberships + bar access memberships)???

Hiber-nation
21-05-2022, 07:28 AM

I don't drink much these days but other week i had a pint in a cricket club in keighley called poretti. Never even heard of it but for a larger I quite enjoyed it.

A good pint of Tennents like they sell in The Abbotsford is miles better than Carling or Fosters. The canned stuff is another matter though, little to choose I'll give you that.

stuart-farquhar
21-05-2022, 08:19 AM

Poretti is decent. Nice example of Italian "pilsener".4 hopped. The 8 hop version is stretching things IMO.

The new Stella unfiltered is worth trying too. Jumping a bit on the trend but not overworked. Back on 5%abv too so better than the new 4.6% available widely..

mcohibs
24-05-2022, 04:33 PM
Any idea yet what individual match prices are likely to be for the new hospitality packages?

Billy Whizz
24-05-2022, 04:41 PM
Any idea yet what individual match prices are likely to be for the new hospitality packages?

Have a look at the tickets site, shows you the offering at each hospitality unit
As an example the “Tornadoes” is £2,500 for the season or around £132 per match. Single options will be much more expensive than this

Cheaper options for buffet’s

CapitalGreen
24-05-2022, 05:39 PM
Have a look at the tickets site, shows you the offering at each hospitality unit
As an example the “Tornadoes” is £2,500 for the season or around £132 per match. Single options will be much more expensive than this

Includes home domestic cup matches so likely to be closer to £100-110 per game assuming we progress from our league cup group.

danhibees1875
24-05-2022, 07:47 PM

I assume it's the cost of a one off game that the OP is asking, not how much it ends up per game for a season.

Pioneer sounds like the option that most equates to the old hospitality offering. In my head that was about £120 to go to for one game. It will be interesting to see how it compares now once they release more pricing details.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-05-2022, 08:13 PM
Tennents is intrinsically linked to Scottish fitba.

Appropriate, as both of similar standard.

Mantis Toboggan
24-05-2022, 11:22 PM
A good pint of tennents is absolutely fine, agree with the earlier shout on Bellfield though, very close to the stadium and they make some brilliant lager.

Slim Shady
25-05-2022, 06:27 AM
I assume it's the cost of a one off game that the OP is asking, not how much it ends up per game for a season.

Pioneer sounds like the option that most equates to the old hospitality offering. In my head that was about £120 to go to for one game. It will be interesting to see how it compares now once they release more pricing details.

Pioneer is £225 for cat A matches, £205 for Cat B

Tornadoes is £175, £155 but you can a bolt on drinks package.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2022, 06:33 AM

How much is the Albion Bar per match please and where can these price lists be found?

Slim Shady
25-05-2022, 06:40 AM
How much is the Albion Bar per match please and where can these price lists be found?

Albion Bar will only be sold by membership of £200 on top of your Season Ticket.
No access on a pay per match basis.

Prices are on the advertising booklets the club issued.

CapitalGreen
25-05-2022, 06:41 AM

I don’t think there will be a per-match option for Albion Bar, there is a cap on memberships and it is nearly sold out already.

Stubbsy90+2
25-05-2022, 06:51 AM
I don’t think there will be a per-match option for Albion Bar, there is a cap on memberships and it is nearly sold out already.

As much as I’m not a fan of the pricing that would really point to it being priced correctly if it’s nearly sold out.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2022, 07:04 AM
Albion Bar will only be sold by membership of £200 on top of your Season Ticket.

Thanks.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2022, 07:09 AM

Were these booklets published publicly anywhere or just to existing hospitality season ticket holders?

Struggling to find it on the website.

Onceinawhile
25-05-2022, 07:27 AM
Appropriate, as both of similar standard.

Has a fairly large fan base and is far better than snobs and "experts" care to admit?

Totally agree.

h185forever
25-05-2022, 07:29 AM
I like the idea of the new hospitality areas…

Is the Albion big enough to take 200 people ?…looks like <100 seats, so potentially a pretty crowded floor space with few places to put your drink down.

Looking at the picture for the tornadoes room ….access seems to be through the Albion bar., based on the pics on the club site.

if you buy access …do you get first refusal the following season ?

LancashireHibby
25-05-2022, 09:13 AM

£135 in the Gallery (including drinks package) for the last game of the season so that is quite an increase really!

Radium
25-05-2022, 09:14 AM
A good pint of tennents is absolutely fine, agree with the earlier shout on Bellfield though, very close to the stadium and they make some brilliant lager.

Gluten free beers are good as well

micksoo
25-05-2022, 09:56 AM
I like the idea of the new hospitality areas…

Is the Albion big enough to take 200 people ?…looks like <100 seats, so potentially a pretty crowded floor space with few places to put your drink down.

Looking at the picture for the tornadoes room ….access seems to be through the Albion bar., based on the pics on the club site.

if you buy access …do you get first refusal the following season ?

I believe they are making the Albion Bar area bigger by knocking down walls at each end. One of the club staff spoke about this at the sponsors night.

danhibees1875
25-05-2022, 09:57 AM

Thanks. :aok:

Apologies for the questions, but is that the price on top of being a ST holder or the price for someone coming off the street? The former used to get it ~£20 cheaper since they already had a ticket.

Either way it's a steep price increase though. Not unexpected.

Slim Shady
25-05-2022, 10:27 AM
I believe they are making the Albion Bar area bigger by knocking down walls at each end. One of the club staff spoke about this at the sponsors night.

The Albion Bar will be on the first floor. Where the gallery used to be.
The Tornado and Pioneers will be on the second floor.

All the offices and rooms are being moved to the South Stand. This will make room for the new hospitality venues.

There is also a few other additions. Directors lounge is being upgraded and another few offerings for wealthy clientele.

Fwiw Elior are the new food contractors who look after some of the best hospitality venues in the uk and abroad.

Tbh I’ve had better food from the local greasy roll van than I had last season in the Edinburgh Club.

Slim Shady
25-05-2022, 10:29 AM
Thanks. :aok:

Apologies for the questions, but is that the price on top of being a ST holder or the price for someone coming off the street? The former used to get it ~£20 cheaper since they already had a ticket.

Either way it's a steep price increase though. Not unexpected.

The prices given doesn’t state any discount for season ticket holders but there will be, you’ve already bought a match ticket

hibsforeurope
25-05-2022, 10:30 AM
The prices given doesn’t state any discount for season ticket holders but there will be, you’ve already bought a match ticket

I'm sure the season ticket discount is 10% rather than the cost of the match ticket now.

CapitalGreen
25-05-2022, 10:32 AM
The Albion Bar will be on the first floor. Where the gallery used to be.
The Tornado and Pioneers will be on the second floor.

All the offices and rooms are being moved to the South Stand. This will make room for the new hospitality venues.

There is also a few other additions. Directors lounge is being upgraded and another few offerings for wealthy clientele.

Fwiw Elior are the new food contractors who look after some of the best hospitality venues in the uk and abroad.

Tbh I’ve had better food from the local greasy roll van than I had last season in the Edinburgh Club.

Tornadoes and Albion Bar are on the first floor.

Edinburgh Club and Pioneers are on the second floor.

Totally agree regarding the standard of the Edinburgh Club food this season, Elior should hopefully be a big step up in quality.

greenginger
26-05-2022, 04:31 PM
I was looking up the council website to see what details were available on the application for the changes to the west stand.

Unfortunately planning permission is not required so no layout drawings are shown, the building warrant only gives a price of the works of £ 350,000.

But , I did see this new application,

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=R9LWCCEWGQN00&activeTab=summary

A bank of solar panels on the East Stand roof to provide power for the stadium

hibsforeurope
27-05-2022, 10:54 AM
Does anyone who's signed up to the Albion Bar know if kids are allowed in on your membership or if they need their own?

Brightside
27-05-2022, 11:32 AM
Does anyone who's signed up to the Albion Bar know if kids are allowed in on your membership or if they need their own?

Separate membership.

Billy Whizz
27-05-2022, 11:33 AM
Separate membership.

Same price as an adult I think?

Brightside
27-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Same price as an adult I think?

Yeh. It’s really not aimed at families tbh.

hibsforeurope
27-05-2022, 11:46 AM
Thanks for confirming, that will be that idea out then.

Billy Whizz
27-05-2022, 11:50 AM
Yeh. It’s really not aimed at families tbh.

So what do we do that caters for families?

Greenworld
27-05-2022, 11:52 AM
I was looking up the council website to see what details were available on the application for the changes to the west stand.

Unfortunately planning permission is not required so no layout drawings are shown, the building warrant only gives a price of the works of £ 350,000.

But , I did see this new application,

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=R9LWCCEWGQN00&activeTab=summary

A bank of solar panels on the East Stand roof to provide power for the stadiumYes Hibs are spending a few quid on stadium upgrading.
Changing the floodlights to Led
And installing roof panels to generate power to sell back and or use.
We forget how old the stadium is thankfully it was built to a high standard but badly needs money spent .
The famous 5 stand will need healthy investment and if hibs rake in money from transfers I can see a bit being diverted to sort that out next

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Greenworld
27-05-2022, 11:54 AM
So what do we do that caters for families?I think that will be the next phase when we have money to update convert Famous five .

Brightside
27-05-2022, 11:55 AM

In the current set up nothing. Just like last season. People need to be clear that this isnt BTG. The Hibs Club allows kids.

hibsforeurope
27-05-2022, 12:02 PM
In the current set up nothing. Just like last season. People need to be clear that this isnt BTG. The Hibs Club allows kids.

Do you know how to join the Hibs club? I'm not is any supporters branch as there's no affiliated branches in the Borders.

04Sauzee
27-05-2022, 12:05 PM

It's been an age since I have been to the Hibs club.
I'm not a member of a supporter's club, and I don't think I know anybody who's a member, would that count me out of joining?

Renfrew_Hibby
27-05-2022, 12:24 PM
Yes Hibs are spending a few quid on stadium upgrading.
Changing the floodlights to Led
And installing roof panels to generate power to sell back and or use.
We forget how old the stadium is thankfully it was built to a high standard but badly needs money spent .
The famous 5 stand will need healthy investment and if hibs rake in money from transfers I can see a bit being diverted to sort that out next

Do you know if the floodlights are being changed this summer?
I would like to see additional floodlighting installed behind the goals as is a requirement for the English Premier league and what Celtic have. Really makes a big difference imo.

PaulSmith
27-05-2022, 12:35 PM
Do you know if the floodlights are being changed this summer?
I would like to see additional floodlighting installed behind the goals as is a requirement for the English Premier league and what Celtic have. Really makes a big difference imo.

They are definitely being upgraded and will work in tandem with the big screens and new LED advertising… call them disco lights if you want :)

Billy Whizz
27-05-2022, 12:39 PM
They are definitely being upgraded and will work in tandem with the big screens and new LED advertising… cal then disco lights if you want :)

I’m not going back until we get a Champions League light show😀

04Sauzee
27-05-2022, 12:39 PM
They are definitely being upgraded and will work in tandem with the big screens and new LED advertising… cal then disco lights if you want :)

Is the led adverting the ticker tape that will be on the West stand?

WhileTheChief..
27-05-2022, 01:02 PM

Face painting and stuff in the Kidzone in the famous five count? Dunno if it's still a thing though.

They also did stuff behind the main stand a couple of times, maybe Hibs kids days or something.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-05-2022, 02:36 PM
As much as I’m not a fan of the pricing that would really point to it being priced correctly if it’s nearly sold out.

I won't be buying next season, but provided its good service, quality drinks, proper glasses etc I might well in the fairly near future when son is 18+.
Its not for everyone, but don't think its a particularly excessive price - provided they get it right.

Stairway 2 7
01-06-2022, 12:44 PM
Albion bar offering sells out

hibee-boys
01-06-2022, 01:04 PM
Albion bar offering sells out

That’s good news, I hope the hospitality options are also popular.

hibsforeurope
01-06-2022, 01:09 PM
That’s good news, I hope the hospitality options are also popular.

If the rest also sell out, in addition to the player sponsorship selling out our corporate income will be through the roof next season.

Hibernian Verse
01-06-2022, 01:13 PM
That’s strange because the usual loud suspects were saying it would never sell out

Billy Whizz
01-06-2022, 01:35 PM
That’s strange because the usual loud suspects were saying it would never sell out

You don’t know how many who signed up, downgraded from a higher tier next season. I know a few who’ve done this

easty
01-06-2022, 01:39 PM
If the rest also sell out, in addition to the player sponsorship selling out our corporate income will be through the roof next season.

And some folk will still be raging about it…

Stairway 2 7
01-06-2022, 01:59 PM
You don’t know how many who signed up, downgraded from a higher tier next season. I know a few who’ve done this

I know 3 why drink in the hibs club that have signed up. We'll only find out when the accounts come out

Brightside
01-06-2022, 02:04 PM

They could have sold this twice over Billy. Good work by those involved and i expect the rest to sell out too.

Hibby70
01-06-2022, 03:15 PM
They could have sold this twice over Billy. Good work by those involved and i expect the rest to sell out too.

If there's more demand then wonder if a refurb of the Famous Five spaces is on the cards at a similar price point

Stairway 2 7
01-06-2022, 03:56 PM
If there's more demand then wonder if a refurb of the Famous Five spaces is on the cards at a similar price point

Next summer, no price was what I'd heard

bingo70
01-06-2022, 05:02 PM
Sorry if this has been well covered before but will the new changes mean that one off hospitality options won’t be available?

I think the Albion bar is now sold out and that’s where hospitality was last year so how will that work?

Not a complaint as it appears to be working, I just didn’t hospitality a couple of times last year and really enjoyed it so was hoping to do it with mates again this season.

CapitalGreen
01-06-2022, 05:06 PM
Sorry if this has been well covered before but will the new changes mean that one off hospitality options won’t be available?

I think the Albion bar is now sold out and that’s where hospitality was last year so how will that work?

Not a complaint as it appears to be working, I just didn’t hospitality a couple of times last year and really enjoyed it so was hoping to do it with mates again this season.

There are 2 new options replacing what was previously the Gallery Restaurant option. Pioneers (4 course fine dining) or Tornadoes (Carvery). Tornadoes will be on level 1 next to the Albion Bar while Pioneers will be on level 2 next to the Edinburgh Club.

bingo70
01-06-2022, 05:17 PM
There are 2 new options replacing what was previously the Gallery Restaurant option. Pioneers (4 course fine dining) or Tornadoes (Carvery). Tornadoes will be on level 1 next to the Albion Bar while Pioneers will be on level 2 next to the Edinburgh Club.

Great, thanks.

Renfrew_Hibby
01-06-2022, 05:23 PM
https://www.mecreeled.com/easter-road-stadium-1500-watt-stadium-lights/

Came across this.

leith lynx
01-06-2022, 06:36 PM

Externally, safe standing for 50% of FF lower.(next summer)

Stonewall
01-06-2022, 07:22 PM

I knew there must be a negative slant we could put on it. Thank god for that, wouldn’t want any positive news getting out.

Pretty Boy
09-06-2022, 12:27 PM
I see hospitality can now be paid for using a 4,8 or 10 month payment plan?

Is this the 1st season something like that has been available?

Aldo
09-06-2022, 02:00 PM
I see hospitality can now be paid for using a 4,8 or 10 month payment plan?

Is this the 1st season something like that has been available?

Think so. I received an email from the club today regarding this as I have used hospitality before!

It does however have to be purchased prior to a specific date.

To help spread the costs you can utilise our new four-month interest-free finance plan. Please note this payment option is only available if you purchase before Wednesday 15 June, 2022.
Direct Debit payments will be taken in FOUR monthly instalments, with the first payment being taken on Friday 1 July, 2022, then 1st August 2022, 1st September 2022 and final payment on 3rd October 2022. These dates are not changeable.
If this option isn’t for you, and you would like to split the cost over 8 or 10 payments you can utilise our third-party V12 finance plan. Please note: this option is NOT interest-free.

Pretty Boy
09-06-2022, 02:11 PM
Think so. I received an email from the club today regarding this as I have used hospitality before!

It does however have to be purchased prior to a specific date.

To help spread the costs you can utilise our new four-month interest-free finance plan. Please note this payment option is only available if you purchase before Wednesday 15 June, 2022.
Direct Debit payments will be taken in FOUR monthly instalments, with the first payment being taken on Friday 1 July, 2022, then 1st August 2022, 1st September 2022 and final payment on 3rd October 2022. These dates are not changeable.
If this option isn’t for you, and you would like to split the cost over 8 or 10 payments you can utilise our third-party V12 finance plan. Please note: this option is NOT interest-free.

I got the email as well and was curious as I could never recall a payment plan for hospitality before.

Good idea if it helps drives sales.

Aldo
09-06-2022, 02:13 PM
I got the email as well and was curious as I could never recall a payment plan for hospitality before.

Good idea if it helps drives sales.

I’m not aware of any sort of PP for it ever!

Definitely a good idea. Email did say limited spaces available for Edinburgh Suite so the PP will suit loads!

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2022, 11:13 PM
Is the Edinburgh Suite a pay bar or all in ?

Asking for a friend 😀

DC_Hibs
10-06-2022, 05:03 AM
Is the Edinburgh Suite a pay bar or all in ?

Asking for a friend 😀

It’s £1875. Less than £100 a game.
It would be sold out already if it was free peeve.

BILLYHIBS
10-06-2022, 05:25 AM
It’s £1875. Less than £100 a game.
It would be sold out already if it was free peeve.

Cool!

For that price I would expect to watch The Tornadoes every week as I pay for two :greengrin

Will wait and see who signs

JimBHibees
10-06-2022, 06:17 AM
There wasn't anybody suitable to buy after we sold Boyler, according to Gordon. We played Hearts in the semi final without a recognised centre forward. Not a "dig" at the Board, more a statement of fact.

Our two centre forwards were injured

hibbyfraelibby
10-06-2022, 08:51 AM

Cool!

For that hat price I would expect to watch The Tornadoes every week as I pay for two :greengrin

Will wait and see who signs

By which time you could be too late. Heard it was nearly sold out

I'm Spartacus
10-06-2022, 10:45 AM
I know the girl who headed up the interior design, from Perth and her Dad is a huge Hibs fan, they run a plant/fruit farm up there and he doesn't get to the games, there's obviously been a chunk invested in many things behind the scenes.

dp00
10-06-2022, 11:14 AM
https://www.mecreeled.com/easter-road-stadium-1500-watt-stadium-lights/

Came across this.

Imagine the carnage on here if we start being able to do light shows [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Diclonius
10-06-2022, 11:17 AM
Imagine the carnage on here if we start being able to do light shows [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

They light shows can get to ****. I'm ND and it's a complete assault on the senses.

ian cruise
10-06-2022, 11:40 AM
They light shows can get to ****. I'm ND and it's a complete assault on the senses.

It's just improved floodlights by the look of things.

Diclonius
10-06-2022, 01:04 PM
It's just improved floodlights by the look of things.

Phew!

Sir David Gray
10-06-2022, 08:20 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned yet - received an email from Hibs providing details of the one-off match prices for hospitality next season;

Albion Bar (which is already sold out) is the only one not to be made available on a match by match basis.

Edinburgh Club

Cat A - £135 per person
Cat B - £115 per person
Season membership - £1,875

Tornadoes

Cat A - £175 per person
Cat B - £155 per person
Season membership - £2,500

Pioneers

Cat A - £225 per person
Cat B - £205 per person
Season membership - £3,500

I note that season ticket holders are still entitled to a 10% discount which is good although the way I'm reading the wording on the website it suggests you may only be entitled to use your season ticket discount once next season and if you want to go to hospitality more than once you'll pay full price.

Maybe it's just bad wording or bad interpretation on my part though.

Gmack7
11-06-2022, 06:53 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned yet - received an email from Hibs providing details of the one-off match prices for hospitality next season;

Albion Bar (which is already sold out) is the only one not to be made available on a match by match basis.

Edinburgh Club

Cat A - £135 per person
Cat B - £115 per person
Season membership - £1,875

Tornadoes

Cat A - £175 per person
Cat B - £155 per person
Season membership - £2,500

Pioneers

Cat A - £225 per person
Cat B - £205 per person
Season membership - £3,500

I note that season ticket holders are still entitled to a 10% discount which is good although the way I'm reading the wording on the website it suggests you may only be entitled to use your season ticket discount once next season and if you want to go to hospitality more than once you'll pay full price.

Maybe it's just bad wording or bad interpretation on my part though.

The pioneers looks steep, what do you get for that?

HH81
11-06-2022, 06:55 AM
The pioneers looks steep, what do you get for that?

Open 2 ½ hours prior to kick-off and 1 hour post-match (subject to kick-off)
• Personalised host & hostess service
• 4 course fine dining food offering
• Half-time snacks
• Team sheet
• Inclusive drinks package to include, beer, wine, house spirits & soft drinks