PDA

View Full Version : Typical Thick Hun Supporters

PatHead
16-05-2022, 10:28 PM
My wife and I flew out to Portugal today. The airport was absolutely full of Huns on their way to Seville and anywhere in Europe closer to the final.
While waiting in the queue I got chatting to 2 supporters fully kitted out in their tops, hats etc.
I was surprised they were on our flight but they explained they just wanted to get to Portugal and rent a car, drive to Seville.
A couple of hours into the flight I checked their plans and they assured me that they had a car booked at the airport.
On Thursday they will drive back to the airport and fly back to Glasgow.
I didn't have the heart to tell them that Funchal is in Madeira and there is one chance of them driving to. Seville.
Maybe they should have looked at a map first before booking.

LaMotta
16-05-2022, 11:15 PM
My wife and I flew out to Portugal today. The airport was absolutely full of Huns on their way to Seville and anywhere in Europe closer to the final.
While waiting in the queue I got chatting to 2 supporters fully kitted out in their tops, hats etc.
I was surprised they were on our flight but they explained they just wanted to get to Portugal and rent a car, drive to Seville.
A couple of hours into the flight I checked their plans and they assured me that they had a car booked at the airport.
I didn't have the heart to tell them that Funchal is in Madeira and there is one chance of them driving to. Seville.

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Hibbyradge
16-05-2022, 11:33 PM
Is this true?

gbhibby
16-05-2022, 11:43 PM
A pair of basket cases😁😁

Hope this is true.

Smartie
17-05-2022, 12:35 AM
A mate of mine sent me something he’d seen on Twitter, a flight from Manchester to Faro.

One hun booted off before the plane took off. Plane diverted to Nantes so another one could be booted off, and another one had a medical emergency.

It is going to be hell on Earth being anywhere near this shower of idiots this week.

Big90inOz
17-05-2022, 04:25 AM

I would definitely have told them about an hour into the flight just so I could watch their reaction :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

edit: There are at least 4 airlines who fly from Funchal to Seville

bod
17-05-2022, 06:10 AM
A mate of mine sent me something he’d seen on Twitter, a flight from Manchester to Faro.

One hun booted off before the plane took off. Plane diverted to Nantes so another one could be booted off, and another one had a medical emergency.

It is going to be hell on Earth being anywhere near this shower of idiots this week.

Read that he was caught stealing from the drinks trolly

heretoday
17-05-2022, 07:33 AM
If we ever want to grow up as a country we're going to have to do something about these whoppers.

PatHead
17-05-2022, 07:36 AM
I can assure you that this story is true. They didn't drink on the plane as they were driving at the other end.
I am sure that they will manage to get a flight onto Seville but would have loved to have been there when they put Seville into the satnav.

Bothar Casca
17-05-2022, 10:47 AM
The reason lots of them are travelling to Portugal first is because Spain are blocking many people at the airport who aren't vaccinated. Allegedly it's easier to fly to Portugal and drive from there.

Sir David Gray
17-05-2022, 11:00 AM
The reason lots of them are travelling to Portugal first is because Spain are blocking many people at the airport who aren't vaccinated. Allegedly it's easier to fly to Portugal and drive from there.

Yep Portugal accepts a negative test for non-vaccinated people arriving from the UK, whereas non-vaccinated people (or those who can't prove they have recently recovered from Covid-19) can only enter Spain from the UK if their journey is essential.

Hence why many people will be flying into Portugal first and then travelling from there to Seville.

Faro airport's only a couple of hours from Seville in the car.

Stuart93
17-05-2022, 11:01 AM
If we ever want to grow up as a country we're going to have to do something about these whoppers.

Nothing can be done

Even their club have wheeled out club legends asking them to behave. Not that they’ll take much notice.

GreenCastle
17-05-2022, 11:03 AM

Had a friend who was in Spain recently and there was no covid passports or checks needed at either end of the flight.

Flying was back to normal really.

.Sean.
17-05-2022, 11:09 AM
Had a friend who was in Spain recently and there was no covid passports or checks needed at either end of the flight.

I was in Magaluf three weeks ago and they were checking everyone’s travel health pass on arrival which is required if you fly in from the uk

CyberSauzee
17-05-2022, 11:16 AM
I can assure you that this story is true. They didn't drink on the plane as they were driving at the other end.
I am sure that they will manage to get a flight onto Seville but would have loved to have been there when they put Seville into the satnav.

Sitting in doctor's waiting room chuckling away to myself. Brilliant 😁

KdyHby
17-05-2022, 11:17 AM
I was in Magaluf three weeks ago and they were checking everyone’s travel health pass on arrival which is required if you fly in from the uk

Just back from a week in Santiago de Compostela. On arriving there, c19 passport checked, straight through passing what looked like temperature checkers. Got back late last night with my first cold in two years. Did a c19 test this morning to be sure, damned second line appeared for the first time in almost two years of checking. That's me now confined to barracks.

GreenCastle
17-05-2022, 11:20 AM

Odd as nothing checked just a few weeks ago. Was a later flight - possibly just random check but definitely weren’t checking everyone like a few months ago when flying.

The dalmeny
17-05-2022, 11:25 AM
That's me now confined to barracks.

If you choose to do so of course

Pedantic_Hibee
17-05-2022, 11:28 AM

I was sure I spotted you at the airport as well.

Hibernian Verse
17-05-2022, 11:29 AM

Was this the Edinburgh flight that landed yesterday? I was on the terrace waiting for my flight back and saw two Huns in full gear! Was it them?!

The Harp Awakes
17-05-2022, 11:31 AM

I just got back yesterday from a week's holiday in the Algarve flying to/from Faro. Only passports were checked at Faro and there was no requirement to show a Covid pass or travel locator form (which you were required to complete online before you travel).

However, Portugal is mega strict on wearing face masks on public transport. Basically, you won't be allowed on a bus or train without one. No doubt the huns will cause mega aggro over that :agree:

timewilltell
17-05-2022, 11:55 AM

You made that up.

JimBHibees
17-05-2022, 12:18 PM
You made that up.

Don't think he did. Brilliant story

Ringothedog
17-05-2022, 12:20 PM
You made that up.

He has already assured us that the story is true

JimBHibees
17-05-2022, 12:22 PM

Very easy to fly to Faro hire car or get bus to Sevilla. Only 2 hours by car on pretty much motorway roads

Gaffer1875
17-05-2022, 12:35 PM
In Edin airport at the moment and there’s hundreds of sevconians mainly dressed in orange sporting brutal Union Jack bucket hats [emoji40]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brog
17-05-2022, 01:20 PM
You made that up.

Not sure he did but something doesn't fit. Was this a Funchal flight rather than Portuguese mainland and if it was then why did he need to look at their tickets?

Hiber-nation
17-05-2022, 01:23 PM
Not sure he did but something doesn't fit. Was this a Funchal flight rather than Portuguese mainland and if it was then why did he need to look at their tickets?

He was on the flight with them. He's stating that it's a flight to Portugal (I think Madeira is classed as a region of Portugal) to make the story more interesting!

Iain G
17-05-2022, 01:26 PM
Do you think, now that up to 100,000 have left the country, we could cancel all of their passports and leave them overseas? Would improve Scottish society ten fold and drag us into the 21st century in one fell swoop 🤣

PatHead
17-05-2022, 02:00 PM
Was this the Edinburgh flight that landed yesterday? I was on the terrace waiting for my flight back and saw two Huns in full gear! Was it them?!

Yes

PatHead
17-05-2022, 02:03 PM
You made that up.

No I did not. Another poster saw them arriving at Funchal which backs the story up.

By the way, why would you make a story like that up?

PatHead
17-05-2022, 02:17 PM

I didn't look at their tickets, I spoke to them. It was a Funchal flight from Edinburgh. The guys obviously thought, get to Portugal and rent a car. They just didn't realise Funchal was not on the mainland.

A Hi-Bee
17-05-2022, 02:31 PM
In Edin airport at the moment and there’s hundreds of sevconians mainly dressed in orange sporting brutal Union Jack bucket hats [emoji40]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like something from Blackpool beach many years ago, savilles the lot of them.

gbhibby
17-05-2022, 02:34 PM
If the Spanish pickpockets watched Trainspotting 2 they will have rich pickings.
PatHead you should email the Daily Ranger with this story it's a classic.

Lago
17-05-2022, 02:40 PM
Fake news me thinks

Hibbyradge
17-05-2022, 02:52 PM
Fake news me thinks

You've said that it's not true twice now so you're not going to withdraw it, but you're calling Pat a liar.

Was it really necessary to post that?

JimBHibees
17-05-2022, 03:10 PM
Fake news me thinks

Why? He was on the flight he spoke to the two fans and someone else corroborated that in Madeira. Story sounds rock solid and absolutely hysterical :faf::faf:

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 03:17 PM
Why would anyone take the time to make up such a story and post it? There are some right cynical people in the world :greengrin

GRA
17-05-2022, 03:18 PM
There were 80K Celtic fans there in 2003 so of course they are going to say more travelled for Rangers :rolleyes: how long until Celtic say they made an error and are revising their 2003 estimate to 105K fans :yawn:

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 03:20 PM
There were 80K Celtic fans there in 2003 so of course they are going to say more travelled for Rangers :rolleyes: how long until Celtic say they made an error and are revising their 2003 estimate to 105K fans :yawn:

Aye, they really are that sad.

Inconsequential
17-05-2022, 03:23 PM
I smell *****.

PatHead
17-05-2022, 03:28 PM
Fake news me thinks

You can believe what you want. Not going to lose sleep over it.

hibbyfraelibby
17-05-2022, 03:29 PM
I smell *****.

That's an aroma widely associated with The Thes

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 03:32 PM
You can believe what you want. Not going to lose sleep over it.

Some folk are permanently crabbit mate, don't worry about it. :greengrin

PatHead
17-05-2022, 03:43 PM
Some folk are permanently crabbit mate, don't worry about it. :greengrin

Just thought it was a hilarious story that would cheer folk up. Don't know I bother at times.

BegbieHSC
17-05-2022, 03:48 PM
Hahahahah!

It will be even more glorious when Frankfurt pump them!

Ringothedog
17-05-2022, 03:55 PM
I smell *****.

Just as well that your comment is of no consequence then.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2022, 03:57 PM
Just thought it was a hilarious story that would cheer folk up. Don't know I bother at times.

Pathead, I believe you😀

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2022, 04:20 PM
I believe Pathead and yes Huns are that thick :aok:

Mick O'Rourke
17-05-2022, 04:25 PM
Ach well. Hope they get lost.
/
More Madeira Cake with your tea there, Father?

Jakhog1
17-05-2022, 04:26 PM
Yip, could easily believe that, reminds me of the time the office Jambo said I should drive to Vegas for the day and check it out when I was in Florida.

Mick O'Rourke
17-05-2022, 04:36 PM
Yip, could easily believe that, reminds me of the time the office Jambo said I should drive to Vegas for the day and check it out when I was in Florida.

Reminds me of a holiday in Tunisia.
An Englishwoman complained about smoking in public areas in the hotel claiming that EU regulation had banned this.
Her face was a picture when the Thomson Holiday rep.reminded her that Tunisia is in Africa.

This stuff is not that uncommon.
People jump on planes for beach holidays not even sure where geographically the destination is.
Sun, Sea and Sand is all they want to know !!

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Reminds me of a holiday in Tunisia.
An Englishwoman complained about smoking in public areas in the hotel claiming that EU regulation had banned this.
Her face was a picture when the Thomson Holiday rep.reminded her that Tunisia is in Africa.

This stuff is not that uncommon.
People jump on planes for beach holidays not even sure where geographically the destination is.
Sun, Sea and Sand is all they want to know !!

Bevvy, gutbuster breakfasts and karaoke, tae :greengrin

Inconsequential
17-05-2022, 04:47 PM
Just as well that your comment is of no consequence then. Razor sharp! :top marks

Mick O'Rourke
17-05-2022, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=Inconsequential;6963826]Razor sharp! :top marks[/QUOTE

Gillette him away with that comment? !

Carheenlea
17-05-2022, 04:57 PM
They think Glasgow is part of the north of Ireland so anything is possible.

Since90+2
17-05-2022, 05:01 PM
I worked in a hotel years ago and an angry American woman phoned up who had booked her clients to come and stay in Edinburgh. Apparently her clients were getting messed about and she wanted assistance to deal with the company handling the airport transfer.

After a few minutes rambling she said "And can you just confirm that Gatwick airport is in Glasgow?". I almost died laughing down the phone.

Devonhibs
17-05-2022, 05:11 PM
I was policing the guard change outside Windsor castle a few years ago when got chatting to an American couple. During the chat the wifey said it didn't take them that long to drive out from central London on the M4 and it was handy they built the castle near the motorway !!!! :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 05:26 PM
I was policing the guard change outside Windsor castle a few years ago when got chatting to an American couple. During the chat the wifey said it didn't take them that long to drive out from central London on the M4 and it was handy they built the castle near the motorway !!!! :greengrin

Dear God. How do such people manage to survive day to day? It's difficult to believe that level of stupidity.

AltheHibby
17-05-2022, 05:42 PM
Dear God. How do such people manage to survive day to day? It's difficult to believe that level of stupidity.

Remember, they're from the country that made Trump their President.

Pretty Boy
17-05-2022, 05:45 PM
Hardly the most difficult story to believe.

'Haw Billy big man ah've fund these really cheap flights tae Portugal, only 3 hours in the motor tae Seville'

'Sounds magic Billy, count me in bud'

Brummie_Hibs
17-05-2022, 05:48 PM
A guy is walking along a street in Glasgow, and sees a Baker's shop with a sign on the window that says "All cakes £1".

So he goes in and looks through the counter, points to something and asks, how much is that.

The Baker replies, "Ah, that's ma Victoria Sponge Cake, and it'll cost you a pound".

The man then points to another item and asks, what about that?

The Baker replies "That's ma Carrot cake, and that'll also cost you a pound"

The man carries on pointing to many other cakes, and the reply from the Baker is always "one pound".

The man then sees a cake at the back of the counter and asks, how much is that cake? The Baker replies, "That cake will be two pound!"

The man shocked exclaims "TWO POuND!! What's with that? Your sign says all cakes are £1. Why is that cake two pound??"

The Baker replies, well sir, that's Maderia Cake".

MelbourneHibees
17-05-2022, 05:54 PM
Things that never happened.

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 05:56 PM
Things that never happened.

Aye?

Weststandwanab
17-05-2022, 05:59 PM

You bad person but I like it

kaimendhibs
17-05-2022, 05:59 PM
I believe Pathead. What a site this can be

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

MelbourneHibees
17-05-2022, 06:06 PM
Aye?

There's absolutely no chance you make that booking without Googleing the directions at some point before you get on the plane.

Broxburn Greens
17-05-2022, 06:08 PM
I believe this tale simply because I want it to be true as it’s hilarious to think of these two guys scratching their head when they realise their error 😂😂

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 06:10 PM
There's absolutely no chance you make that booking without Googleing the directions at some point before you get on the plane.

There is no chance YOU would do that, but Pathead is talking about someone else.......

Brummie_Hibs
17-05-2022, 06:10 PM
Having followed Scotland around the world for many years, and met fans from many parts of Scotland, and got told many stories.. .

...then I believe this story.

MelbourneHibees
17-05-2022, 06:18 PM
There is no chance YOU would do that, but Pathead is talking about someone else.......

Think Bout it logistically. They would need a hotel in Seville booked. They'd need to work out the parking situation at the hotel. They'd need to know how long it would roughly take and what time they'd arrive at the hotel. There are two of them involved.

It's a funny story but clearly a tall tale.

Now, the video of the Hun getting punted off the flight yesterday. That was good!

Expect we will see more over the next 24 hours.

CentreLine
17-05-2022, 06:21 PM

Keep it coming. It’s a brilliant and true story.
Would love to have seen the car hire people’s faces and the subsequent fall out between the pair of clowns as they blame each other.

Hibernia&Alba
Think Bout it logistically. They would need a hotel in Seville booked. They'd need to work out the parking situation at the hotel. They'd need to know how long it would roughly take and what time they'd arrive at the hotel. There are two of them involved.

Now, the video of the Hun getting punted off the flight yesterday. That was good!

Never underestimate the stupidity of people, especially jakey Huns going abroad. I really don't think PatHead would bother typing all that if fabricated. Have a bit of faith in your fellow Hibbies :agree:

ancient hibee

There'll be thousands there who don't have a hotel. This is not a genteel group going to a tea party.

stuart-farquhar
17-05-2022, 06:22 PM
I was waiting in Malaga once upon a time for two people who'd booked a weekend with me. I got a call from them saying the taxi driver couldn't find the address they gave him. They flew to Mallorca. Happens.

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 06:23 PM
There'll be thousands there who don't have a hotel. This is not a genteel group going to a tea party.

Exactly. This is the dregs of society on the trip of a lifetime, so anything is possible.

Moulin Yarns
17-05-2022, 06:24 PM
Despite travelling to Seville to watch a football match, Murdo Fraser criticised Nicola Sturgeon for travelling to America to promote Scotland’s global aims

https://t.co/ofHIPabpwM

Billy Whizz
17-05-2022, 06:25 PM
Threads like these are why I come on here😀

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 06:26 PM
Threads like these are why I come on here😀

Aye, just mad, isn't it mate? :greengrin

CentreLine
17-05-2022, 06:28 PM
Reminds me of the time two joiners were flying to Shetland Isles for a job. Firstly managed to get on an empty ‘plane at Edinburgh. They were recovered from there in time to get the correct ‘plane only to get off at Wick instead of Lerwick. 😂

I do know that PatHead is 100% reliable. This is such a good story

J-C
17-05-2022, 06:29 PM
I picked up a family from Ireland at the airport a few years back going to the Apex at Waterloo Pl, driving along Princes St the woman asked what castle was that she could see, I said Stirling Castle, her husband burst out laughing, reminding her what city she was in the penny finally dropped.

brog
17-05-2022, 06:29 PM
I didn't look at their tickets, I spoke to them. It was a Funchal flight from Edinburgh. The guys obviously thought, get to Portugal and rent a car. They just didn't realise Funchal was not on the mainland.

I'm sorry, I genuinely don't doubt you but if you're all on a flight to Funchal why did you ask where they were going? Or was it you couldn't believe what you were seeing?

Rereading your post I think I've answered my own question. It was you referencing a flight to Portugal rather than Madeira which threw me.

ancient hibee
17-05-2022, 06:30 PM
Aye, just mad, isn't it mate? :greengrin

Yeh. Imagine somebody with 7 posts in 7 years taking the trouble to come on here to call someone a liar.

MelbourneHibees
17-05-2022, 06:30 PM

This is a good point

ancient hibee
17-05-2022, 06:32 PM
I'm sorry, I genuinely don't doubt you but if you're all on a flight to Funchal why did you ask where they were going? Or was it you couldn't believe what you were seeing?

As he says they were wearing all the gear that would appear to be pretty obvious.

A Hi-Bee
17-05-2022, 06:39 PM
In the words of the auld sage, aint no cure for stupid.
:greengrin

Bristolhibby
17-05-2022, 06:42 PM
Having followed Scotland around the world for many years, and met fans from many parts of Scotland, and got told many stories.. .

...then I believe this story.

100%. We met a guy in Istanbul airport on our way to Georgia. Not from Glasgow. He went out on the pop in Glasgow the night before. Lost his mates, lost his phone, slept on a bench. Managed to get up and made his way to the airport as he had his passport on him. Turns out his mates over slept and for some reason weren’t on the plane. So he went to Georgia with no luggage, no phone and no mates.

Mental state.

J

Lago
17-05-2022, 06:43 PM
I smell *****.
Your not allowed to say that, apparently 🙄

Hibs90
17-05-2022, 06:45 PM
Weird smell in here

Lago
17-05-2022, 06:47 PM
You've said that it's not true twice now so you're not going to withdraw it, but you're calling Pat a liar.

Was it really necessary to post that?
I don't think I'm alone in my belief.

brog
17-05-2022, 06:57 PM
As he says they were wearing all the gear that would appear to be pretty obvious.

As I said, his opening line was he was on a flight to Portugal, as someone who regularly flies to Portugal that threw me. You don't normally say you're going to Spain if you're flying to the Canaries.

Bostonhibby
17-05-2022, 07:03 PM
No I did not. Another poster saw them arriving at Funchal which backs the story up.

By the way, why would you make a story like that up?They'll be the biggest and best group of supporters of the now defunct Glasgow rangers in Funchal.

F***wits doesn't even begin to cover it, should have stayed under their stone.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

LaMotta
17-05-2022, 07:04 PM
As I said, his opening line was he was on a flight to Portugal, as someone who regularly flies to Portugal that threw me. You don't normally say you're going to Spain if you're flying to the Canaries.

Madeira is not in the Canaries - have you been borrowing the Rangers fans map?!:greengrin

Edit: sorry get what you mean now! Think it was a good lead in to the story saying he was flying to Portugal.

Bostonhibby
17-05-2022, 07:05 PM
Madeira is not in the Canaries - have you been borrowing the Rangers fans map?!:greengrinDifferent country

Pretty Boy
17-05-2022, 07:08 PM

Did he not just drag out telling us the flight was to Funchal because that was the punchline?

If he opened with 'I was on a flight to Funchal/Madeira today' then there's no pay off. State it was a flight to Portugal then drop in the line about Funchal and there's a clear point where it goes from 'why are you telling us this' to funny.

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 07:09 PM
Let's give PatHead a break, it's getting silly.

Bostonhibby
17-05-2022, 07:10 PM
Did he not just drag out telling us the flight was to Funchal because that was the punchline?

If he opened with 'I was on a flight to Funchal/Madeira today' then there's no pay off. State it was a flight to Portugal then drop in the line about Funchal and there's a clear point where it goes from 'why are you telling us this' to funny.Timing, is everything.

Jim44
17-05-2022, 07:19 PM
This place gets weirder and weirder. Guy tells a story ridiculing a few Hun supporters and it evolves into a debate about truth and lies. If it’s true it’s funny, if it’s fabricated it’s funny. Lighten up for God’s sake. I’ll likely get slated, but I find it strange that some folk are so readily willing to jump to the defence of Hun supporters, also on other threads. An argument for argument’s sake springs to mind.

gbhibby
17-05-2022, 07:20 PM
https://www.ladbible.com/sport/football-fan-going-to-wembley-via-spain-cheaper-20220516
At least this guy knows the score.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
17-05-2022, 07:22 PM

I know that story as Edinburgh Castle and Waverley station.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2022, 07:23 PM
Timing, is everything.

Boom boom

Hibbyradge
17-05-2022, 07:29 PM

I've gone places in the knowledge that when I get there, I'll use Google maps on my phone to get to the final destination.

I had a 3 centre holiday in Italy a few years ago and hardly planned the driving because I was hiring a car with a satnav.

I fully believe Pat's story although I wasn't sure at first.

Devonhibs
17-05-2022, 07:34 PM
I know, generally the Americans are very warm, friendly and easy to chat to but in the main have no understanding of the world outside the USA. Oh and a bit stupid anaw :greengrin

brog
17-05-2022, 07:47 PM

If he opened with 'I was on a flight to Funchal/Madeira today' then there's no pay off. State it was a flight to Portugal then drop in the line about Funchal and there's a clear point where it goes from 'why are you telling us this' to funny.

That's why I asked the question. It would still have been funny! Great story!

Winston Ingram
17-05-2022, 08:28 PM

I was there last week. I had to provide a locator form. Once I showed that, i didn’t need anything else.

Smartie
17-05-2022, 08:33 PM
Photos of glaikit huns reflected in the wingtips or it didnae happen.

fiolex1
17-05-2022, 08:36 PM
Too many huns of the news with Edinburgh accents.

badabing67
17-05-2022, 08:45 PM
Do you think, now that up to 100,000 have left the country, we could cancel all of their passports and leave them overseas? Would improve Scottish society ten fold and drag us into the 21st century in one fell swoop 🤣

That would be so cool, they could come back in dingy's and get sent to the We Are the People's Republic of Rwanda

badabing67
17-05-2022, 08:49 PM
Remember, they're from the country that made Trump their President.

I wouldn't get to smug we are the country that part produced trump

PatHead
17-05-2022, 09:09 PM
I believe this tale simply because I want it to be true as it’s hilarious to think of these two guys scratching their head when they realise their error 😂😂

You don't need to want it to be true. It is.

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2022, 09:12 PM
You don't need to want it to be true. It is.

Leave it mate. You made a post in good faith and shouldn't be harassed by fellow Hibs fans. It's a shame really.

Iain G
17-05-2022, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't get to smug we are the country that part produced trump

Well his Dad is of German ancestry so we can only take half the blame 😁

PatHead
17-05-2022, 09:16 PM

Put yourself in their shoes. Hibs have reached the Europa Cup final. Someone says to you that all you need to do is book a flight to Portugal and drive to Seville. You have only ever left Govan to go to Manchester or various bits of Northern Ireland for a march.
You see a flight to Portugal (Madeira) and book it. Then book a car.
It is true.

JimBHibees
17-05-2022, 09:22 PM
Put yourself in their shoes. Hibs have reached the Europa Cup final. Someone says to you that all you need to do is book a flight to Portugal and drive to Seville. You have only ever left Govan to go to Manchester or various bits of Northern Ireland for a march.
It is true.

Completely believable we aren't talking about Alan Whicker here we are likely talking about people who would struggle to organise a bus trip into town. :greengrin

Hibby70
17-05-2022, 09:36 PM
Hire a car? Someone should tell them it's just a short swim. A piece of cake no less.

Chorley Hibee
17-05-2022, 10:00 PM
Completely believable we aren't talking about Alan Whicker here we are likely talking about people who would struggle to organise a bus trip into town. :greengrin

New idea for a TV series:

******s World staring hun support escapades across Europe and afar.

Big90inOz
18-05-2022, 01:47 AM
I'm over this site, it use to be a place where you could come and have a laugh / read snippets, some true and some not but now its just a place for ppl to come and snipe / abuse and harass fellow supporters. Is it just a sign of the times where it too easy to hide behind a username and a keyboard ? Is it fans from other clubs "under cover" to cause trouble? Its certainly disappointing to continually read derogatory comments.

AdidasHibernian
18-05-2022, 02:21 AM
I find it more baffling some Hibees are actually sticking up for a couple of currants and actually believing they have the brain cells to actually book/plan a successful trip without problems.

They really are a special breed the zombies

JimBHibees
18-05-2022, 05:54 AM
I'm over this site, it use to be a place where you could come and have a laugh / read snippets, some true and some not but now its just a place for ppl to come and snipe / abuse and harass fellow supporters. Is it just a sign of the times where it too easy to hide behind a username and a keyboard ? Is it fans from other clubs "under cover" to cause trouble? Its certainly disappointing to continually read derogatory comments.

Probably all of those things to be honest. Definitely more confrontational than it used to be.

Incredible some seem to be questioned the integrity of someone who has given us this marvellous story. Seems bizarre you would feel the need to question it when it is an absolutely superb ditty about a couple of football fans. Everybody on this site would personally know people who were capable of this mistake never mind a couple of Rangers fans desperate to ge to a cup final.

AltheHibby
18-05-2022, 07:21 AM
It is true.

Years ago a colleague in Glasgow told me about 2 brothers who had never been out of Cambuslang. They had never even been into Glasgow.

One year they decided to go and see Scotland at Wembley. Once on the coach they promptly fell asleep. What seemed like ages later for them the coach stopped and they woke up, go off and started hurling abuse at "they English ********".

They were in Baillieston!

He swore it was a true story, and having been in Cambuslang a few times I'm not doubting him.

CyberSauzee
18-05-2022, 07:33 AM
New idea for a TV series:

******s World staring hun support escapades across Europe and afar.

Hun Tennis?

brog
18-05-2022, 07:35 AM
Years ago a colleague in Glasgow told me about 2 brothers who had never been out of Cambuslang. They had never even been into Glasgow.

One year they decided to go and see Scotland at Wembley. Once on the coach they promptly fell asleep. What seemed like ages later for them the coach stopped and they woke up, go off and started hurling abuse at "they English ********".

They were in Baillieston!

He swore it was a true story, and having been in Cambuslang a few times I'm not doubting him.

I do remember getting on a bus from Hibs Club to go to Coventry for a friendly. Our 1st pit stop was the Rob Roy!

PatHead
18-05-2022, 07:49 AM

Rereading your post I think I've answered my own question. It was you referencing a flight to Portugal rather than Madeira which threw me.

Just couldn't understand why they were on the flight. I assumed that they were getting a flight from Funchal to somewhere else. Struggled to keep a straight face when they told me that they had a car booked.

Jones28
18-05-2022, 08:04 AM
I've never seen so much scrutiny on a post as this!

It's absolutely hilarious.

I hope they get spotted, the two saddest holiday makers in world, walking along the beach in all their Rangers gear. :faf:

brog
18-05-2022, 09:08 AM
Just couldn't understand why they were on the flight. I assumed that they were getting a flight from Funchal to somewhere else. Struggled to keep a straight face when they told me that they had a car booked.

Perfect, thanks! Superb story!

Bristolhibby
18-05-2022, 10:13 AM
TBF, when you punch Portugal into Ryanair, Funchal comes up.

Could be as simple as that.

That said, most normal people would like to have a vague inclination of driving times.

J

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2022, 10:20 AM

That said, most normal people would like to have a vague inclination of driving times.

J

I think the media were saying that it was a 2 hour drive from Portugal, that might have been enough for some to assume that it was a good idea, then they found the cheapest flights. 2+2 = madeira 😁

gbhibby
18-05-2022, 10:40 AM
https://images.app.goo.gl/umSoGraccaS6GubYA
Was it these two PatHead?

Since90+2
18-05-2022, 10:40 AM
I think the media were saying that it was a 2 hour drive from Portugal, that might have been enough for some to assume that it was a good idea, then they found the cheapest flights. 2+2 = madeira 😁

They've probably just looked at a map and thought **** it Portugal isn't that big we can drive it from wherever.

Obviously the majority of folk wouldn't do that, but people shouldn't doubt the sheer stupidity of some folk.

PatHead
18-05-2022, 11:06 AM
https://images.app.goo.gl/umSoGraccaS6GubYA
Was it these two PatHead?

Nope. 2 guys.

KdyHby
18-05-2022, 11:10 AM

J

Pity it doesn't also throw up the Azores and the Savage Islands too

gbhibby
18-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Nope. 2 guys.

Thought these were 2 guys😁😁