PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Year Event

cameronw-hfc
15-05-2022, 06:20 PM
Anyone there willing to give updates as to who wins what?

hibee1875
15-05-2022, 06:25 PM
Anyone there willing to give updates as to who wins what?

Hibs Twitter/Facebook will be doing that I’d like to think.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2022, 06:50 PM
Can't believe this event sold out after an absolute howler of a season.

Billy Whizz
15-05-2022, 06:57 PM

A lot of the fans who are going tonight, paid for it 2 years ago. You had the chance to get a refund or go tonight

HTD1875
15-05-2022, 07:05 PM
Pork belly starter won’t be winning any awards.

Callum_62
15-05-2022, 07:21 PM
Nice to hear its sold out for what should be a really good event regardless of how the season panned out

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

greenlex
15-05-2022, 07:37 PM
Not hard to be believe you would come out with something negative.

SlickShoes
15-05-2022, 07:38 PM

Imagine supporting your team even in the bad times...

How do you handle supporting Hibs? There are vastly more bad times than good, yet here you are still moaning away hating everything they do

stantonhibby
15-05-2022, 07:39 PM

Thankfully not every fan is as dreary as you

jacomo
15-05-2022, 08:03 PM
Thankfully not every fan is as dreary as you

Each to their own eh?

Hermit Crab is a grumpy poster, I don’t see the value in pointing that out every time.

We’ve had a piss poor season all in all but here’s to better times ahead. At least we signed off with a win.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2022, 08:13 PM
Imagine supporting your team even in the bad times...

How do you handle supporting Hibs? There are vastly more bad times than good, yet here you are still moaning away hating everything they do

Yeah imagine going to places like Inverness and Ross County during the week and watching us get scudded in league and cup matches, Imagine sitting through 5/6 goal drubbings at Parkhead and Ibrox. Imagine being at Ayr Utd when they horsed us out the cup in a replay live on Sky Sports, Queen of the South on a Wednesday only to lose in the league cup. Don't talk to me about supporting the club through bad times because I've been there and served my time. Countless days off work, swaps, lieu days and thousands of pounds spent on tickets and travel every season. I have every right to be hacked off with that shower.

weecounty hibby
15-05-2022, 08:24 PM
I'm not there but that is a pretty shabby take on things. Currently in a train home with another half dozen Hibbies and regardless of the season we will always be Hibbies. I have seen many worse seasons than this. FFS we were in a final and a semi final!!!! Hopefully the winners will always remember their awards

Callum_62
15-05-2022, 08:33 PM
Yeah imagine going to places like Inverness and Ross County during the week and watching us get scudded in league and cup matches, Imagine sitting through 5/6 goal drubbings at Parkhead and Ibrox. Imagine being at Ayr Utd when they horsed us out the cup in a replay live on Sky Sports, Queen of the South on a Wednesday only to lose in the league cup. Don't talk to me about supporting the club through bad times because I've been there and served my time. Countless days off work, swaps, lieu days and thousands of pounds spent on tickets and travel every season. I have every right to be hacked off with that shower.This season our only loses in the cup came at hampden

Sounds like we've all seen much much worse than this [emoji44]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hibs90
15-05-2022, 08:45 PM
Porteous YPOTY

EdinMike
15-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Porteous YPOTY

Is Porteous still a “young player” at 23 ? Josh Doig will be miffed !

cameronw-hfc
15-05-2022, 08:59 PM
JDH- Goal of the season

Brown Hibs
15-05-2022, 09:25 PM
Any truth that RG was booed tonight?

Callum_62
15-05-2022, 09:40 PM

idiotic if true

Hermit Crab
15-05-2022, 09:51 PM
Stevenson players POTY

bigwheel
15-05-2022, 09:51 PM
Lewis Stevenson - Player’s POTY. [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
15-05-2022, 09:53 PM
Lewis Stevenson - POTY. [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]

Thought Cadden deserved it however Lewis has been excellent every game and really should have played more games than he has

JamesHFC
15-05-2022, 09:54 PM
Well done Lewis, won it before but joins top players like Stevie Mallan in winning the award chosen by fellow teammates.

hibeejeebies
15-05-2022, 09:54 PM
Lewis Stevenson - POTY. [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]

Thoroughly well deserved 💚

Sir David Gray
15-05-2022, 09:55 PM
Thought Martin Boyle would have got it unless there's some rules against a player who has left being named player of the year.

SaulGoodman
Nice piece on Pat Stanton by Sir Alex, does he fancy a managers job?

Hermit Crab
idiotic if true

That'll be dafties full of the drink.

cameronw-hfc
15-05-2022, 09:57 PM
Still the fans player of the year to be announced so Cadden I imagine will take that.

SteveHFC
15-05-2022, 10:08 PM
Cadden player of the year.

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2022, 10:10 PM
Ellis Notley womens POTY

Swedish hibee
15-05-2022, 10:21 PM
Lewis never got the fans vote? Deserves it for the semi performance alone.

LaMotta
15-05-2022, 10:26 PM
Lewis never got the fans vote? Deserves it for the semi performance alone.

:agree:

Stevenson and Boyle the only 2 worthy IMO.

Hibbyradge
15-05-2022, 10:49 PM

It will from me 😋

wookie70
15-05-2022, 10:50 PM
:agree:

Stevenson and Boyle the only 2 worthy IMO.

I would have added Cadden to those two but Lewis has had a very good season in the games he has played and it isn't his fault he has been left on the bench in games after MOTM performances. Hard to believe he hasn't started every game this season as he is better on the left than Doig and better in the centre than Newell and JDH. He hasn't even played the equivalent of half a league season in the league.

Smartie
15-05-2022, 11:08 PM
I would have added Cadden to those two but Lewis has had a very good season in the games he has played and it isn't his fault he has been left on the bench in games after MOTM performances. Hard to believe he hasn't started every game this season as he is better on the left than Doig and better in the centre than Newell and JDH. He hasn't even played the equivalent of half a league season in the league.

I’m torn somewhere between thinking that the underuse of Stevenson this season has been criminal, and wondering whether that underuse has contributed towards him being as fresh physically and mentally as he has been when called upon?

Either way, he’s been superb this season and I’m delighted his contribution has been acknowledged.

Gaffer1875
16-05-2022, 12:16 AM

I didn’t hear any boos when he was on stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onion
16-05-2022, 12:54 AM
Had to be Martin Boyle or Lewis Stevenson. Farce of season topped off with a farcical POTY award :rolleyes:

cameronw-hfc
16-05-2022, 04:48 AM
Had to be Martin Boyle or Lewis Stevenson. Farce of season topped off with a farcical POTY award :rolleyes:

Lewis got players player? Cadden fully deserved it too. One of the few shining lights of the season

Jdawg
16-05-2022, 05:08 AM
I'm not there but that is a pretty shabby take on things. Currently in a train home with another half dozen Hibbies and regardless of the season we will always be Hibbies. I have seen many worse seasons than this. FFS we were in a final and a semi final!!!! Hopefully the winners will always remember their awards this guy canny be anything other than a hearts fan. Never a single good thing to say about our club.

Bridge hibs
16-05-2022, 05:25 AM
this guy canny be anything other than a hearts fan. Never a single good thing to say about our club.He is not a hearts fan, maybe not everyones cup of tea but he is a hibs fan. Have a read back on some threads over the course of the season and you will read just as much guff from hibs fans

JimBHibees
16-05-2022, 05:49 AM
I didn’t hear any boos when he was on stage

So bollox then some people really trying to stir up crap against the club. Absolutely pathetic

LaMotta
16-05-2022, 07:01 AM
Lewis got players player? Cadden fully deserved it too. One of the few shining lights of the season

I'm really not sure what Cadden has done to deserve these kind of comments. Think his goal in the semi final has elevated him in a lot of peoples minds. He's not been bad but has hardly been great either.

Gaffer1875
16-05-2022, 07:03 AM
I'm really not sure what Cadden has done to deserve these kind of comments. Think his goal in the semi final has elevated him in a lot of peoples minds. He's not been bad but has hardly been great either.

Best of a poor bunch.

jacomo
16-05-2022, 07:28 AM

Effort and commitment - he’s offered plenty of it this season and it’s been welcome.

If we play a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 next season then you could imagine Cadden and Clarke playing together down our right and being very strong.

I'm Spartacus
16-05-2022, 07:32 AM
Nice piece on Pat Stanton by Sir Alex, does he fancy a managers job?

You talking about Pat or Sir Alex? :)

JimBHibees
16-05-2022, 07:45 AM

He has been very consistent and very good most games this season imo. Our best player by a distance nothing really to do with his semi final goal.

LaMotta
16-05-2022, 08:48 AM
Best of a poor bunch.

Stevenson and Boyle ahead of him IMO, despite Boyle leaving half way through the season.

Effort and commitment - he’s offered plenty of it this season and it’s been welcome.

If we play a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 next season then you could imagine Cadden and Clarke playing together down our right and being very strong.

Agree re his effort and commitment - a sign of how poor the season has been if that's the benchmark though. If he can add end product to his strong running you could be right for next season.

He has been very consistent and very good most games this season imo. Our best player by a distance nothing really to do with his semi final goal.

I thought he was poor in our losing run under Ross, particularly the 3-0 defeat to Dun Utd. He was excellent in semi v Huns ( as was everyone) and I would agree he was one of our better performers after Xmas, albeit without doing much of note. Was poor at Tynecastle in the 3-1 defeat, terrible decision making helped Hearts back in the game. Struggling to remember him having any very good games though and certainly dispute him being miles ahead of others.

HFC93
16-05-2022, 09:05 AM
this guy canny be anything other than a hearts fan. Never a single good thing to say about our club.

He’s been doing it for years and obviously loves the reaction. His pals on here will defend him even though trolling is apparently banned.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2022, 09:16 AM
this guy canny be anything other than a hearts fan. Never a single good thing to say about our club.

That right aye? :faf:

The only Hearts fan with a home and away season ticket for Hibs as well as 30k posts and a private membership on .net.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2022, 09:17 AM
He’s been doing it for years and obviously loves the reaction. His pals on here will defend him even though trolling is apparently banned.

Wheres the trolling? I said I can't believe this event sold out after this disastrous season. Pure trolling though....:rolleyes:

BILLYHIBS
16-05-2022, 09:20 AM
Cadden would be some player if he could control a ba and look up and pick out a man

Sometimes looks as though he has never seen a ba before with a clumsy first touch

Excellent engine in him when fit would probably be English Championship level if not better

Coco Bryce
16-05-2022, 09:23 AM
Cadden would be some player if he could control a ba and look up and pick out a man

Sometimes looks as though he has never seen a ba before with a clumsy first touch

Excellent engine in him when fit would probably be English Championship level if not better

That's why he's at Hibs to be fair. If he could, he would playing at a higher level.

BILLYHIBS
16-05-2022, 09:26 AM
That's why he's at Hibs to be fair. If he could, he would playing at a higher level.

Yip was going to add that

That’s why he is at hibs

👍

Brightside
16-05-2022, 09:27 AM
So bollox then some people really trying to stir up crap against the club. Absolutely pathetic

There was no boos. But his speech was met with muted applause.

Brightside
16-05-2022, 09:29 AM

Cadden was easily the best player in this poor season.

LaMotta
16-05-2022, 09:31 AM
Cadden was easily the best player in this poor season.

Disagree, as did the Hibs players. He wasn't easily better than Stevenson or Boyle.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2022, 09:52 AM

I asked a mate who was there, his exact words were 'wouldn't say booed, a few murmurings of discontent best'

GoalsMcGinley
16-05-2022, 10:19 AM
There were a handful of boos for Ron when he started and a very clear f*** off when he mentioned the big screens

GreenCastle
16-05-2022, 11:01 AM
How did the night compare to previous years ?

Different venue etc.

How were the players ? Any funny moments ? News for the future ?

Brightside
16-05-2022, 03:44 PM
Disagree, as did the Hibs players. He wasn't easily better than Stevenson or Boyle.

The players player is a very different vote to the public one.

LaMotta
16-05-2022, 03:50 PM
The players player is a very different vote to the public one.

It sure is - the players generally know what they are talking about and as Colin Nish pointed out most fans dont really know what's going on :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2022, 03:59 PM
That right aye? :faf:

The only Hearts fan with a home and away season ticket for Hibs as well as 30k posts and a private membership on .net.

Tiresome isn’t it, the same old guff trotted out about you being a Jambo because some folk don’t like you speaking your mind.

Bostonhibby
16-05-2022, 04:12 PM
Tiresome isn’t it, the same old guff trotted out about you being a Jambo because some folk don’t like you speaking your mind.[emoji106]

I Don't mind the crab, what you see is what you get.

Boy's a Hibby, been on here for years and we are a broad church, imagine everyone posted/ behaved the same.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

16-05-2022, 04:13 PM

Thought that was a dig at James Scott. 😀

leith lynx
17-05-2022, 10:03 AM
Thought that was a dig at James Scott. 😀

👏

McD
17-05-2022, 12:59 PM
[emoji106]

I Don't mind the crab, what you see is what you get.

Boy's a Hibby, been on here for years and we are a broad church, imagine everyone posted/ behaved the same.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

yep, I don’t always agree with HC’s take on things, but I respect his opinion and kudos for putting his head above the parapet and speaking his mind

Carry on HC :aok:

Cod Boy
17-05-2022, 03:53 PM
Was a really good night the only but I didn’t like much was the comedian boy.

Brightside
17-05-2022, 07:30 PM
Was a really good night the only but I didn’t like much was the comedian boy.

He was awful.

loanheadhibby
17-05-2022, 07:33 PM

If not better?
So you think Cadden could play in the English Premiership.
You must be joking surely, Hibs is his level and no better.

Coco Bryce
17-05-2022, 07:55 PM
He was awful.

What was his name?

Aye, comedians are **** now since they have to be all PC and inclusive now 😉

3pm
17-05-2022, 07:56 PM
Porteous was better than Cadden IMO.

Cod Boy
17-05-2022, 07:59 PM
What was his name?

Darren Farley

Hibbyradge
17-05-2022, 08:00 PM
What was his name?

It was so much better when they made jokes about darkies, poofters and mother-in-laws.

Peter Kay and Kevin Bridges can GTF.

Brightside
17-05-2022, 08:04 PM
Darren Farley

30 mins of someone doing English football personalities. Utterly pointless and dull. The should have let RVC do a proper set instead.

I was very surprised there was no award for Sue tbh. Would have been a nice touch to reward her services over the years.

Coco Bryce
17-05-2022, 08:07 PM
It was so much better when they made jokes about darkies, poofters and mother-in-laws.

Peter Kay and Kevin Bridges can GTF.

They're my favourites funnily enough.

WeeRussell
17-05-2022, 08:40 PM
They're my favourites funnily enough.

Favourite jokes or favourite comedians..? 😎

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2022, 08:46 PM
If not better?
So you think Cadden could play in the English Premiership.
You must be joking surely, Hibs is his level and no better.

You obviously did not read my post

If he would just look up and pick out a man after controlling the ball yes he might have a chance but I don’t see it happening anytime soon as he continues to have the first touch of an elephant gets a rush of blood to the head and boots the ball across goal when there is no one keeping up with play

Apart from that he has a good engine 😀

Besides I thought he was brought in to be developed and sold on

Is that not the grand scheme of things ?

Allant1981
17-05-2022, 08:50 PM

If he would just look up and pick out a man after controlling the ball yes he might have a chance but I don’t see it happening anytime soon as he continues to have the first touch of an elephant gets a rush of blood to the head and boots the ball across goal when there is no one keeping up with play

Cadden is nothing like you just described apart from correctly saying he has a good engine

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2022, 08:52 PM
Cadden is nothing like you just described apart from correctly saying he has a good engine

What is he like then ?

loanheadhibby
17-05-2022, 08:53 PM

Besides I thought he was brought in to be developed and sold on

Is that not the grand scheme of things ?
We have no chance in my opinion of selling Cadden on.

Allant1981
17-05-2022, 08:54 PM
What is he like then ?

For a start he doesnt have a touch like an elephant and has put in numerous quality crosses this season. But fire in and bash the guy thats just been voted player of the year

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2022, 09:02 PM
For a start he doesnt have a touch like an elephant and has put in numerous quality crosses this season. But fire in and bash the guy thats just been voted player of the year
Takes him a couple of touches each game to get into his stride

Lost count of the amount of times he sent over crosses in the season just ended when there was no one there

When was the last time he had an assist ?

All I am saying is if he continues to work at his game improve and avoid injury he might be able to progress his career

Not bashing anyone

I have a signed framed Chris Cadden jersey hanging on a wall in my house 😀

FWIW Martin Boyle was my POTY

Bridge hibs
17-05-2022, 09:03 PM
We have no chance in my opinion of selling Cadden on.Good to hear, good player to have in the team

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2022, 09:06 PM
We have no chance in my opinion of selling Cadden on.

Difficult to disagree with that for the reasons I have just highlighted

Smartie
17-05-2022, 09:17 PM

Lost count of the amount of times he sent over crosses in the season just ended when there was no one there

All I am saying is if he continues to work at his game improve and avoid injury he might be able to progress his career

Not bashing anyone

I have a signed framed Chris Cadden jersey hanging on a wall in my house ��

I have a straight face when typing this - but I wonder how different our season might have turned out if we'd had James Scott loitering around the 6 yard box like he was on Sunday earlier in the season? I thought we looked much more threatening for having 2 up front with Henderson in behind, meaning that we actually had people in the box for the crosses from the right. The 2 crosses from the right for Scott's first 2 goals weren't any different to the type of service Cadden was putting in for most of the season, only for it to lead to nothing.

This is mainly a criticism of the 2 managers we've sacked earlier this season FWIW, under both of whom we struggled to create and get bodies into the box, even if they managed to set Cadden free on the right often enough.

CapitalGreen
17-05-2022, 09:19 PM

Not bashing anyone

I have a signed framed Chris Cadden jersey hanging on a wall in my house 😀

Of the last 4 goals we scored before his injury, Cadden assisted 2 and scored 1.

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2022, 09:31 PM
Of the last 4 goals we scored before his injury, Cadden assisted 2 and scored 1.

In the season just ended in which he won POTY he scored 3 :34 appearances

Struggling to remember many assists though I am sure he had a few

All I remember is him haring down the wing the ball being swung over and no one there

Something highlighted on numerous threads on here at the time

JimBHibees
17-05-2022, 09:53 PM
In the season just ended in which he won POTY he scored 3 :34 appearances

Struggling to remember many assists though I am sure he had a few

All I remember is him haring down the wing the ball being swung over and no one there

Something highlighted on numerous threads on here at the time

Personally think a lot of that was entirely due to very poor striker movement. A lot of times he was putting good balls in but no one was there

Coco Bryce
17-05-2022, 09:55 PM
Favourite jokes or favourite comedians..? 😎

Comedians ☺️

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2022, 10:00 PM
Personally think a lot of that was entirely due to very poor striker movement. A lot of times he was putting good balls in but no one was there
Yip but take the time and look up and if necessary back track and keep possession

The longer the season continued the better he got as he tried to adjust to being isolated

If he could control the ball first time dribble down the wing a la John Brownlie and pick out a green jersey 9 times out of 10 in the box he would be in the Scotland team and he wouldn’t be at Hibs

He will definitely be an asset to us next season just need our new forwards to cash in on his obvious strengths