PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Absent Friends

gbhibby
15-05-2022, 01:28 PM
A nice touch and should be done every season at the end of the calendar year and the end of the season.

Pagan Hibernia
15-05-2022, 01:33 PM
Hibs haven’t got much right this season… but that was class

Billy Whizz
15-05-2022, 01:34 PM

Is there a recording if it anywhere, someone was standing in front of me, couldn’t see the screens properly

MartinfaePorty
15-05-2022, 01:34 PM
Was very moving when I saw the picture of an ex-colleague, who I used to catch up with every now and again at ER. Something we should definitely do every year.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Lendo
15-05-2022, 01:39 PM
Is there a recording if it anywhere, someone was standing in front of me, couldn’t see the screens properly

On the Hibs YouTube channel

https://youtu.be/m1PcJDRSvGc

Tricla
15-05-2022, 01:41 PM
Just watched it. 😢 Touch of class from Hibs. Thoughts with all who lost loved ones this season. 💚

JohnMcM
15-05-2022, 01:48 PM
Never let it be said that this beloved club of ours lacks class when it really matters. Well done Hibs and for the person who chose the song for backing - Bravo! - nothing else could have been so fitting.

stu in nottingham
15-05-2022, 01:54 PM
That is perfect, a moving and fitting tribute.

God bless those family, friends and fellow Hibbies we have lost in the last year.

Pretty Boy
15-05-2022, 01:56 PM
Was brilliantly done, really sensitively handled.

Well done to those who made it happen.

Bridge hibs
15-05-2022, 01:59 PM
Was quite emotional actually, saw a few that I knew and one or two that had passed last year that I had lost touch with a few years ago 😔

Daniel 1875
15-05-2022, 02:03 PM
Thought it was really well done today, a lovely tribute.

BroxburnHibee
15-05-2022, 02:09 PM
Was very emotional. Especially when my good pal who passed a few weeks ago popped up on it.

Should definitely do it every year.

leith lynx
15-05-2022, 02:24 PM
Lovely tribute to the Hi-bees in heaven, live life to the fullest guys, it's later than you think, well done Hibs.

LustForLeith
15-05-2022, 02:35 PM
Puts so much into perspective. We don’t know how lucky we are

I'm_cabbaged
15-05-2022, 02:40 PM
Just saw someone that I didn’t know had passed away 😢

Northernhibee
15-05-2022, 02:41 PM
Excellent idea and handled perfectly.

wookie70
15-05-2022, 02:48 PM
I thought the start of today's game was brilliant albeit in a heart breaking way. as another poster said it put things into perspective and between the absent friends and Dnipro kids I think it showed that football is a big thing and goes beyond the four corners of ER. It was good covering those lost over a number of years but I think in future I would contain it to those that had been lost since the last time. Hopefully that will be the end of the applause during matches and we can all take part in an emotional end of season farewell.

Keith_M
15-05-2022, 02:52 PM
I hope I don't upset anyone by writing this but I'd rather see the club do this than have the crowd applaud during a game.

This is obviously just one guy's opinion but... I don't feel right marking somebody's sad passing while the game is in progress and everybody immediately reverts to singing/moaning/screaming abuse immediately afterward.

It just seems so much more respectful the way it was done today and I think this should be the norm.

weecounty hibby
15-05-2022, 03:21 PM
That was incredibly well done. That along with the Dnipro kids and I had tears running down my face. Hibs make me greet often but this was for all the right reasons

WoreTheGreen
15-05-2022, 04:05 PM
That was incredibly well done. That along with the Dnipro kids and I had tears running down my face. Hibs make me greet often but this was for all the right reasons

Wept like a kid at the game and again watching it in house fantastic gesture and the music was a so well suited.Well done Hibernian

chasitup
15-05-2022, 04:29 PM
Just watched it and that was class. Well done Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
15-05-2022, 04:32 PM
Very emotional

Saw a friend that passed a few weeks past and was so pleased he was included

A nicer guy you could not hope to meet

A fitting tribute

Sir David Gray
15-05-2022, 04:53 PM
I hope I don't upset anyone by writing this but I'd rather see the club do this than have the crowd applaud during a game.

This is obviously just one guy's opinion but... I don't feel right marking somebody's sad passing while the game is in progress and everybody immediately reverts to singing/moaning/screaming abuse immediately afterward.

It just seems so much more respectful the way it was done today and I think this should be the norm.

Completely agree.

Hopefully (and I mean in this in the most respectful and sensitive way possible) today's initiative is carried forward into future seasons and it sees the end of the weekly (sometimes twice weekly) minute's applause on a particular minute.

I appreciate it's a sensitive topic but I think the way it was done today is the best way to deal with the passing of supporters.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2022, 05:00 PM
I showed it to a woman friend of mine earlier, it moved her to tears, the music was very apt.

Well done Hibs and all involved.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-05-2022, 05:26 PM

Absolutely agree, much better.

Only negative comment I could make on the HT tribute was the speed that the photos were displayed at made it impossible to read each dedication. Appreciate time constraints of HT interval, but some people had clearly put effort into sending in words that deserved to be read. Maybe in future limiting wording on each one to name, dates, etc would be appropriate, to avoid this?

Bobby's Cinema
15-05-2022, 05:29 PM

Only negative comment I could make on the HT tribute was the speed that the photos were displayed at made it impossible to read each dedication. Appreciate time constraints of HT interval, but some people had clearly put effort into sending in words that deserved to be read. Maybe in future limiting wording on each one to name, dates, etc would be appropriate, to avoid this?
Yep agreed. Was great today but deserved longer on the screens nowhere near anough the time to read the tribute - didn't manage to catch in full the one I was looking out for.

HH81
15-05-2022, 05:36 PM
Lump in the throat watching that.

Very emotional.

Well done Hibs.

wookie70
15-05-2022, 05:39 PM

I would have been a weeping wreck if I had time to read every word, so in a way I am grateful they were only up for a short time. I would standardise the format and limit the wording for the on the day of remembrance(photo, name or Dad, Mum etc and then date they passed) and then let more words on the one produced for Youtube and perhaps a little story of a favourite Hibs moment or similar to create a history of supporters memories in the same way the one was done after the cup win.

Green Man
15-05-2022, 05:44 PM

The photos were up for a bit longer before the game, the announcer read out each name as well.

I thought the tribute was excellent. It was very emotional to see my cousin who passed away last year - I hadn’t seen him for a long long time, but when we were younger I used to go to Easter Road with him and his brother.

hibee_girl
15-05-2022, 05:52 PM
It was very emotional. I had sent in my Grandad’s photo and even though I knew it was coming up it still hit me hard. It was very well done.

scuttle
15-05-2022, 05:57 PM
Puts so much into perspective. We don’t know how lucky we are

Said this at the game ,we moan about what we are seeing on the pitch or what is going on at the club at the moment but that certainly put things into perspective for me. Condolences to all Hibees who have lost loved ones or friends this season

Billy Whizz
15-05-2022, 05:58 PM
Said this at the game ,we moan about what we are seeing on the pitch or what is going on at the club at the moment but that certainly put things into perspective for me. Condolences to all Hibees who have lost loved ones or friends this season

100% well said

LancashireHibby
15-05-2022, 05:59 PM
Missed the first minute or two of it but found it to be very poignant.

Very rude of whoever who was blowing dust about when the Dnipro kids came out though

Bridge hibs
15-05-2022, 06:17 PM

Agree, Ive watched it many times over and seeing their photos on the screens gave me a feeling of comfort that they were all there with us today. Football has always been about passion, emotive, joy, tears.

I would guess almost everyone on here can relate to those memories of lost friends or kin folk, sat in pubs, chewed the fat over games, hugged, argued then made up. Some lifelong friends or relatives who gently prodded you onto the hibs journey and hibs way of life. There are a few on that memory board that set me on my hibs journey, rest in peace guys 💚

Cardinal G
15-05-2022, 06:40 PM
It was really emotional and handled really well. Tearing up as it went on, trying so hard to read the words underneath made me worse.

He's here!
15-05-2022, 07:00 PM

Oh my, wasn't there today but watching that has got the tears flowing. That Proclaimers song too...they sure know how to reach the heart.

This surely isn't just fans who have passed away this season is it? I'm guessing Covid will have played a part but it seems a lot.

Bridge hibs
15-05-2022, 07:24 PM
Oh my, wasn't there today but watching that has got the tears flowing. That Proclaimers song too...they sure know how to reach the heart.

This surely isn't just fans who have passed away this season is it? I'm guessing Covid will have played a part but it seems a lot.No not just this season mate

Zambernardi1875
15-05-2022, 07:48 PM
Got my wee tribute a half time, great Idea

Jones28
15-05-2022, 07:55 PM
That was a beautiful tribute.

GreenCastle
15-05-2022, 08:01 PM

Very emotional and well done Hibs.

Thoughts are with everyone.

Puts things into perspective. More than a club.

eastterrace
15-05-2022, 08:22 PM
What’s the name of the song that was being played on it. I take it was the proclaimers

givescotlandfreedom
15-05-2022, 09:07 PM
What’s the name of the song that was being played on it. I take it was the proclaimers

Here you go
https://youtu.be/mrqi5BRJM30

JimBHibees
15-05-2022, 09:47 PM
Fabulous tribute should do that every season at the last home game. Recognised a couple of the people on it. Very emotional.

Crunchie
16-05-2022, 07:56 AM

This surely isn't just fans who have passed away this season is it? I'm guessing Covid will have played a part but it seems a lot.
Me too mate, that was a very emotional watch.

Phil MaGlass
16-05-2022, 08:43 AM
Im glad were doing this, my local team has been doing this for years, perspective and a moment to remember friends colleagues etc..
Always brings a tear to the eye as you always recognise a face, you may not have known them but they are part of the family.

I'm Spartacus
16-05-2022, 08:53 AM
That is class, a very difficult watch, but nothing compared to the pain those loved ones are going through. Thinking of you all x

(What a tune btw)

hibeejeebies
16-05-2022, 11:00 AM
As someone else said earlier in the thread, usually it's the football that makes me cry but this was really beautifully done, a lovely tribute.

💚

CallumLaidlaw
16-05-2022, 12:10 PM
It was very emotional. I had sent in my Grandad’s photo and even though I knew it was coming up it still hit me hard. It was very well done.

I wasn’t at the match yesterday so only just watched the tribute this morning and saw your grandad and it took me and Alex by shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PiemanP
16-05-2022, 12:34 PM
Many taken far too soon too, was tearing up at that video 😥 be a nice thing to do at the end of every season to cover the past 12 months.

gegs70
16-05-2022, 04:18 PM
Go to say this was very well done, well done, found it very moving 💚

leith lynx
16-05-2022, 06:42 PM
Go to say this was very well done, well done, found it very moving 💚

Again very well done, and the correct thing to do going forward, my only gripe would be that the presentation could have been a bit slower, allowing more time to read the dedications to each person. Also reading the names out live at speed can lead to a risk of an unintended mis-pronouncanation of names. Sensitive subject, but a great idea to remember lost loved ones.

brog
16-05-2022, 06:55 PM
Excellent initiative and beautifully done. Lump in my throat just calming down.

Scottie
20-05-2022, 10:52 AM
A tribute to all absent friends. RIP fellow Hibees. :not worth

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2022, 05:26 PM
Was very emotional. Especially when my good pal who passed a few weeks ago popped up on it.

Should definitely do it every year.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's always going to be raw so soon afterwards.

Yes, it was emotional, seeing the names and faces of fans now gone. A nice tribute, all the same.