PDA

View Full Version : Mcgregor

MyJo
15-05-2022, 10:03 AM
Starting and captaining today

Looking like it’s his last game before retiring.

Hope everyone there gives him a good send off regardless of the result and disappointment of this season

JimBHibees
15-05-2022, 10:06 AM

Hope everyone there gives him a good send off regardless of the result and disappointment of this season

Fantastic servant to the club.

kaimendhibs
15-05-2022, 10:08 AM
Absolute warrior. Hope he gets the send off he deserves

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Bridge hibs
15-05-2022, 10:10 AM

Hope everyone there gives him a good send off regardless of the result and disappointment of this seasonDelighted to see youth getting a chance 🤣

Legend 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

EdinMike
15-05-2022, 10:10 AM
Was thinking the same, hopefully a MOTM performance!

OldEast
15-05-2022, 10:14 AM
Fantastic to see his last game as captain. Don't think he'll get 90 minutes though. Listen to the roar from the hopefully not too small a crowd when he goes off.

BILLYHIBS
15-05-2022, 10:56 AM
Love the big guy

Cut him he bleeds green

Tremendous attitude and role model

An example to us all never say never and always follow your dreams

Great to have a leader out on the park today in a Hibs shirt

Saint Hibee
15-05-2022, 11:00 AM
YLT on top non stop! Love the big man.

Bostonhibby
15-05-2022, 11:26 AM
What a servant, what a Hibby he's been and is.

Great to see him leading the team today.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Coco Bryce
15-05-2022, 11:27 AM
YLT Chicken Curry.

hibby rae
15-05-2022, 11:58 AM
One of my favourite ever Hibs players.

Would love to be able to have him next season too, his value from being there is irreplaceable.

He's also sound as **** and the most beautiful man to ever grace a football pitch

J-C
15-05-2022, 12:40 PM
One of my favourite ever Hibs players.

Would love to be able to have him next season too, his value from being there is irreplaceable.

He's also sound as **** and the most beautiful man to ever grace a football pitch

He has another year left on his contract, wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching next season the same as Gray.

gbhibby
15-05-2022, 12:54 PM
Strolled through the game today.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-05-2022, 01:03 PM
IMO, a non nonsense centre half who can put the ball back where it came from and never let it bounce, inspires a lot of confidence in the defence. A born leader.

CmoantheHibs
15-05-2022, 01:12 PM
Had a good game today. Still got it at this level.

Smartie
15-05-2022, 01:34 PM
Really good game today.

Whilst he has his weaknesses as a player, I think we’ve underused him over the past few seasons.

tonyrougier123
15-05-2022, 01:37 PM
Spoke volumes without words when big mcgregor was playing in front of the u21 England captain,some man,some player,some hibby!

Allant1981
15-05-2022, 01:38 PM
Spoke volumes without words when big mcgregor was playing in front of the u21 England captain,some man,some player,some hibby!

Who is the england u21 captain

tonyrougier123
15-05-2022, 01:41 PM
Who is the england u21 captain

Under20s Nathan wood,the boy we had on loan.
Couldnae mind his name had to check.

jacomo
15-05-2022, 01:52 PM
Really good game today.

Whilst he has his weaknesses as a player, I think we’ve underused him over the past few seasons.

His only notable weakness is that he’s not a decade younger.

He was terrific in his first few seasons at Hibs, surely our best centre back since Rob Jones.

turn and burn
15-05-2022, 02:25 PM
Offers something that we so desperately lack as a team. Will be sorely missed.

hibby rae
15-05-2022, 02:27 PM
Remember the sheer emotion on his face at the final whistle in 2016 as he hugged SDG?

He's one of us. 💚💚💚💚

SaulGoodman
15-05-2022, 03:15 PM
Great interview on Hibs Twitter just now

DaveF
15-05-2022, 03:22 PM

Straightforward talking as per from McGregor.

Unseen work
15-05-2022, 03:23 PM
I love big Daz, could listen to him talk about football/Hibs all day.

Wish him all the very best in the future if that’s his final game.

hibby rae
15-05-2022, 03:24 PM
I love big Daz, could listen to him talk about football/Hibs all day.

Wish him all the very best in the future if that’s his final game.

I could just listen to him talk.

Wrap his arms around me and make me feel completely safe

jacomo
15-05-2022, 03:29 PM

Emotional stuff.

Ok so not the cleverest move by the club to sign a winger on loan and expect him to be a no.9, but Daz is echoing previous comments that James Scott needs to up his game and attitude.

Vault Boy
15-05-2022, 03:38 PM
Who doesn't love Daz. Absolutely desperate for him to remain at the club in whatever capacity best suits.

The Captain....
15-05-2022, 04:45 PM
100% commitment on the park and a gentleman off it.

Thanks for your efforts Daz.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Lago
15-05-2022, 05:00 PM
Offers something that we so desperately lack as a team. Will be sorely missed.
True grit.

Hibs90
15-05-2022, 05:02 PM
Legend.

Jones28
15-05-2022, 05:23 PM
Is he definitely calling it a day on playing?

Baader
15-05-2022, 05:27 PM
Really good game today.

Agree. Think he could've played more. Don't like to think of him not at the club. A tremendous servant to Hibs. Love the man!

bigwheel
15-05-2022, 05:31 PM
Agree. Think he could've played more. Don't like to think of him not at the club. A tremendous servant to Hibs. Love the man!

He’s still got a year to go on his deal I think

Allant1981
15-05-2022, 05:45 PM
Not sure why he would have been made captain and started today if it wasnt his last game but who knows

Stewboy
15-05-2022, 06:20 PM
Played well today, still got it

Great stuff big guy 👍

bigwheel
15-05-2022, 06:22 PM
Not sure why he would have been made captain and started today if it wasnt his last game but who knows

Maybe moving to a coaching role ?

Eyrie
15-05-2022, 06:42 PM

That was my reaction to seeing today's team.

One of our own, and a 2016 hero as well.

EdinMike
15-05-2022, 07:01 PM
Definitely sounded emotional in the post match interview and paraphrasing a bit he said “for the boys who are here next season” dunno if that was just a generalisation or him meaning he won’t be ? I hope he is part of the club in some form or another !

Green Man
15-05-2022, 07:07 PM
I had a brief chat with him at the sponsors evening and he mentioned getting too old to play and moving into youth coaching.

Green_one
15-05-2022, 07:23 PM
Legend. One of our own :flag::hibees

Just Lewis and Paul left now

J-C
15-05-2022, 07:37 PM
I had a brief chat with him at the sponsors evening and he mentioned getting too old to play and moving into youth coaching.

He's been doing his badges with Gray, Lewis and Hanlon, it's the logical next step, remember he has another year left on his contract.

jacomo
15-05-2022, 08:07 PM

The thought of him standing in the technical area one day, immaculate in a Hibs suit, makes me weak at the knees.

JimBHibees
15-05-2022, 09:54 PM
Strolled through the game today.

Yep really should have played more this season.

Onceinawhile
15-05-2022, 10:13 PM
Surprised he wasn't subbed tbh.

Not because of his performance, but for the standing ovation he would've got.

AFKA5814_Hibs
15-05-2022, 10:18 PM
Yep really should have played more this season.

Would have had McGregor over Bushiri every day.

Smartie
15-05-2022, 10:28 PM
There's a Terrace podcast where they discussed the best centre halves in the division.

Seemingly McGregor's defensive stats for this season are right up there with the very best of them but because he's not played that many games / small sample size, they can't really place too much emphasis on them.

I was watching him with interest today as a result of that and tbf - I'm not sure if he lost a header or failed to block anything. His weaknesses are that he's lost that wee bit of agility and pace with age, and that he doesn't have the silkiest skills on the ball, but he's experienced enough to know his own failings and tailor his game appropriately so that they don't get exposed.

It was a good afternoon's work from him and he's been a brilliant signing for Hibs. Worth remembering when we're linked with players in their late 20s in future, it's not all about Moneyball and sell on potential.

wookie70
15-05-2022, 10:43 PM
There's a Terrace podcast where they discussed the best centre halves in the division.

Seemingly McGregor's defensive stats for this season are right up there with the very best of them but because he's not played that many games / small sample size, they can't really place too much emphasis on them.

I was watching him with interest today as a result of that and tbf - I'm not sure if he lost a header or failed to block anything. His weaknesses are that he's lost that wee bit of agility and pace with age, and that he doesn't have the silkiest skills on the ball, but he's experienced enough to know his own failings and tailor his game appropriately so that they don't get exposed.

It was a good afternoon's work from him and he's been a brilliant signing for Hibs. Worth remembering when we're linked with players in their late 20s in future, it's not all about Moneyball and sell on potential.

He probably has lost some pace but he was really quick to begin with so I fancy he still has the legs on a few of our younger players. He is a fantastic old fashioned defender and I struggle to see why we played Rocky in front of Daz. Hope he has another season in his knees but the interview and the fact he was captain sounded like that would be his last game.

Onion
16-05-2022, 12:02 AM
Remember the sheer emotion on his face at the final whistle in 2016 as he hugged SDG?

He's one of us. ��������

Have to admit, thought he was past his best when he left The Rangers for us (having been their POTY). Could not have been more wrong. He's been an absolute gem of a player for us and rightly will be lauded as one of the Legends for that May 2016 win, and for the way he has played and conducted himself throughout. My only regret now is we didn't pick him up earlier.

What a servant, gent and Legend. :aok:

BSEJVT
16-05-2022, 05:09 AM
Have to admit, thought he was past his best when he left The Rangers for us (having been their POTY). Could not have been more wrong. He's been an absolute gem of a player for us and rightly will be lauded as one of the Legends for that May 2016 win, and for the way he has played and conducted himself throughout. My only regret now is we didn't pick him up earlier.

What a servant, gent and Legend. :aok:

Darren has been great for us, but as much as anything his love of the club , pride at pulling on the jersey and desire make him an absolutely fabulous signing.

Jdawg
16-05-2022, 05:13 AM
His post match interview yesterday shows what the club means to him and his family. A true gent and a great servant to the club. Heart on sleeve . Don’t even get me started on (1) his embrace with SDG in the centre circle at full time in 2016 and (2) his scream when he lifted the cup.

HH81
16-05-2022, 05:37 AM
Post match interview was class.

Sounds like the end of his playing days.

Great player for the Hibees over the years and never let us down. 👏

JimBHibees
16-05-2022, 05:38 AM
Would have had McGregor over Bushiri every day.

Indeed especially at Tynecastle though not sure if Daz was injured at that time.

JimBHibees
16-05-2022, 05:47 AM
Just seen his interview brilliant heartfelt words from the big man. Knows exactly what it means to play for this great club. :flag:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xQfBiNSWyFw

hibbyfraelibby
16-05-2022, 09:00 AM
Maybe moving to a coaching role ?

He's been doing his badges so maybe a role for him with the U/19s and The Developnent team?

Tambo
16-05-2022, 09:40 AM
Not a foot wrong yesterday and wouldn't begrudge him if he decides to play one more year somewhere else.

LaMotta
16-05-2022, 10:15 AM
Not a foot wrong yesterday and wouldn't begrudge him if he decides to play one more year somewhere else.

Jack Ross's biggest mistake was not playing him in the SC final v St Johnstone. He had been a standout performer in the games running up to that.

leith lynx
16-05-2022, 11:03 AM
We need to keep Darren Mcgregor at Easter Road in any capacity, unfortunately for the majority of employees at Hibs, it's just a job. Darren is one of the very few left that represents the supporters, he gets it and keeps our identity alive.

Highwayman
16-05-2022, 03:58 PM
Darren McGregor has been my favourite player ever since he moved to Hibs.

It was great to see yesterday that he still has the same commitment and determination that he has always shown.

Neil Lennon once stated that he wished he had eleven Darren McGregors for the commitment determination and will to win.

One of the few things I ever agreed with Lennon.