PDA

View Full Version : Jasper

Unseen work
07-05-2022, 03:58 PM
He needs to be starting for us, our best attacking threat and goes past players with ease.

Don’t know how much the arranged fee for him is but for me it’s a no brainer to sign him

Hibee Mac
07-05-2022, 04:01 PM
Agreed, we've been so poor from an attacking sense this season and now there's nothing to play for either. No reason not to start him, the alternative is starting Campbell etc

HendoDelivered
07-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Would keep him and Clarke

CMac1988
07-05-2022, 04:03 PM
Get Stevenson back in midfield and then find a way to get Jasper in to the game at an earlier stage. Positive player who's happy to run forward even if he loses the ball. Bit of self belief which is missing from most of the squad. Should make the last 2 games less of a struggle.

And get Clarke signed up on a permanent contract in the Summer. I know it's not like us to buy players who are an improvement on what we've got but he's the type of player we need more of.

thebausburst
07-05-2022, 04:15 PM
Jasper not good enough for me, surely we’ve got to be aiming higher than him 😬

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2022, 04:16 PM
Jasper Carrot could get in this team, and he's about 75.

easty
07-05-2022, 04:17 PM
I wouldn’t pay much for Jasper. He’s been good in flashes. More often than not he’s done nowt.

Smartie
07-05-2022, 04:18 PM
Good wee player, certainly one of the best we have.

I'd be keeping him.

Hibee87
07-05-2022, 04:19 PM

Don't we have Clarke on a loan till next summer anyway 🫤

easty
07-05-2022, 04:23 PM

Aye, but Arsenal can bring him back in the summer if they want to.

LunasBoots
07-05-2022, 04:29 PM

Will probably get recalled and put to the English championship to progress

Unseen work
07-05-2022, 04:32 PM
I reckon with a pre season with us, playing in a team with a bit more intent and players able to link the play quicker (centre mid) and a striker able to link the play he’d be very good.

Would hate for another player in Scotland to have someone of his ability when we have a chance to sign him

Pretty Boy
07-05-2022, 04:36 PM
Far from the finished article but the potential is there. Definitely one to persist with.

Allant1981
07-05-2022, 04:38 PM
Flatters to deceive, might come good but dont think it will be with us

Greencore
07-05-2022, 04:39 PM
Reminds me of when we first signed Boyle. Could come good for us if we decide to sign him.

500miles
07-05-2022, 04:39 PM
He's got loads of potential and we'd be daft to let him go.

easty
07-05-2022, 04:40 PM
Will probably get recalled and put to the English championship to progress

He’s no showed anything that would suggest he could get a game in the English Championship

Northernhibee
07-05-2022, 04:48 PM
Great ball in today and ran himself into trouble a lot less if at all. Needs to do that in the next two games to consider keeping him here.

When he kept it simple, got to the touch line and got a ball in the box he was a different player.

Tommy75
07-05-2022, 04:51 PM
He's the type of signing that has led to us being bottom 6. It's a no from me.

dastardly8
07-05-2022, 05:02 PM
[Try looking at newell , JDH and Campbell , Jasper has done nothing wrong to suggest why were are so poor QUOTE=Tommy75;6951548]He's the type of signing that has led to us being bottom 6. It's a no from me.[/QUOTE]

Mikey_1875
07-05-2022, 05:10 PM
Depends how much the fee is. It’s a nonsense that we haven’t seen a lot more of him in these bottom 6 games to help make a more informed decision on the deal.

As it stands I wouldn’t want us paying a lot of money for him but he does have that little spark when he plays which almost none of his colleagues do.

tamig
07-05-2022, 05:32 PM
He’s no showed anything that would suggest he could get a game in the English Championship

Think he was talking about HC.

easty
07-05-2022, 05:47 PM
Think he was talking about HC.

Ah…if he was then I agree. Could see Clarke doing well in that league.

aberhibsfc
07-05-2022, 05:53 PM
He needs to be starting for us, our best attacking threat and goes past players with ease.

Don’t know how much the arranged fee for him is but for me it’s a no brainer to sign him

:top marks

Since452
07-05-2022, 05:55 PM
Really not bothered if he goes.

Smartie
07-05-2022, 06:46 PM
Has he not been carrying injuries for the past few weeks?

He looked lively again today, same as when he first arrived.

The only reason I can imagine he hasn’t featured more heavily in recent weeks has been injury.

JoeT
07-05-2022, 06:51 PM
100% we should keep him. Shame he's been injured. Looking forward to seeing him fully fit for the new season

Eaststand
07-05-2022, 06:53 PM
Reminds me of when we first signed Boyle. Could come good for us if we decide to sign him.

I rate Jasper highly, and he actually reminds me of the young Mickey Weir, and wee Mickey turned into one of our best players.

GGTTH

IberianHibernian
07-05-2022, 06:53 PM
Am amazed to see so many folk not wanting us to keep him . Made a big difference when he came on today . Still very young and about the only player we have who tries something a bit different .

SlickShoes
07-05-2022, 06:54 PM
One player to actually create something useful and not terrible today and we have a thread of folk wanting shot of him, this is the most toxic this forum has ever been.

Same with folk wanting to send Hague back to Norway, he’s young and can improve, these aren’t the problem players.

SaulGoodman
07-05-2022, 07:00 PM
One player to actually create something useful and not terrible today and we have a thread of folk wanting shot of him, this is the most toxic this forum has ever been.

Same with folk wanting to send Hague back to Norway, he’s young and can improve, these aren’t the problem players.

One look at the boy in the west today shows you all you need to know. Boys practically exploding because James Scott was taking pictures with bairns while out on a warm up.

Granted, Scott hasn’t been a good player for us, in fact not much of the squad this year has. But they’re still humans, they’re not being **** on purpose.

Some of the things said about our own players in recent weeks is disgusting.

Liam978
07-05-2022, 07:02 PM

Confidence is so much lacking in our ranks just now, whereby we try to pass often wayward. Jasper at least tried to take his man on, and more often than not was fouled. Why ? because he was a threat to them. If himself and oor Lewie were on from the start, we were winning that game GG2TH.

Golden Bear
07-05-2022, 07:03 PM
He's been kicked up hill and down dale by some of the SPL's hatchet players. I'm not convinced staying in Scotland would be a great career move for him in anycase.

hibee-boys
07-05-2022, 07:05 PM
Why Campbell was playing in the advanced midfield role instead to of him I really don’t know, saying that, I’d literally have player at the club on the pitch before Campbell.

Tyler Durden
07-05-2022, 07:11 PM
If you’re a wide forward - which to me appears to be his role - you need to have pace or be a regular goal threat. He has neither.

Similar to Mueller though, in that IMO both would benefit from better coaching. Both basically needed to be more direct…. More shots at goal required, more early crosses etc.

He might turn into a player but don’t think we should be gambling with the type of money you’d imagine would be needed to get him permanently.

J-C
07-05-2022, 07:13 PM
Has he not been carrying injuries for the past few weeks?

He looked lively again today, same as when he first arrived.

The only reason I can imagine he hasn’t featured more heavily in recent weeks has been injury.

Is this not the norm for Hibs players, you have to be hobbling about to be part of the club.

Wilson
07-05-2022, 07:15 PM
One look at the boy in the west today shows you all you need to know. Boys practically exploding because James Scott was taking pictures with bairns while out on a warm up.

Granted, Scott hasn’t been a good player for us, in fact not much of the squad this year has. But they’re still humans, they’re not being **** on purpose.

Some of the things said about our own players in recent weeks is disgusting.

I kind of agree with the exploding man. Players that have done nothing in a hibs shirt should focus on the job in hand and not swan about like some kind of superstar.

Why anyone would want a selfie with him is beyond me as well. He will go down as the biggest non entity to pull on the hibs shirt.

Everything that is wrong with our recruitment is evident in this one signing. That is not toxicity. That is honesty.

Northernhibee
07-05-2022, 07:16 PM
I kind of agree with the exploding man. Players that have done nothing in a hibs shirt should focus on the job in hand and not swan about like some kind of superstar.

Why anyone would want a selfie with him is beyond me as well. He will go down as the biggest non entity to pull on the hibs shirt.

Everything that is wrong with our recruitment is evident in this one signing. That is not toxicity. That is honesty.
He did get an assist today.

Unseen work
07-05-2022, 07:21 PM
Confidence is so much lacking in our ranks just now, whereby we try to pass often wayward. Jasper at least tried to take his man on, and more often than not was fouled. Why ? because he was a threat to them. If himself and oor Lewie were on from the start, we were winning that game GG2TH.

Agree that teams are scared of him.

When I speak to opposition fans after the games or read their comments it’s always saying Jasper is our best player.

He tries to make stuff happen, it doesn’t always work but it’s 100% worth sticking with.

Folk are quick to moan we don’t create enough but when we’ve got a player like Him are quick to have a go at him.

He’s 20 years old playing his first season at this level.

He’s got tons of potential and already has quality

SaulGoodman
07-05-2022, 07:21 PM

Swan about like a superstar? The bairns asked him for a photo ffs, he didn’t approach them and ask if they wanted his photo.

They wanted a selfie with him because he’s a Hibs player and they’re Hibs fans. Those bairns will go home buzzing tonight. Would you rather he ignored them? That’ll be great memories for them wouldn’t it.

Lago
07-05-2022, 07:23 PM
No break clause this summer

CapitalGreen
07-05-2022, 07:25 PM

You’re spot on mate, he should have told the wee bairn to **** off…

Smartie
07-05-2022, 07:33 PM
If you’re a wide forward - which to me appears to be his role - you need to have pace or be a regular goal threat. He has neither.

Similar to Mueller though, in that IMO both would benefit from better coaching. Both basically needed to be more direct…. More shots at goal required, more early crosses etc.

He might turn into a player but don’t think we should be gambling with the type of money you’d imagine would be needed to get him permanently.

The contributions to the goals today and at Motherwell suggest to me that he has some pace, a trick to beat a man and a decent final ball delivered with either foot.

We’ve maybe not seen it enough over the past few months but at least he’s shown that he’s got it in there somewhere.

Jones28
07-05-2022, 07:37 PM

What a **** comment

Sir David Gray
07-05-2022, 07:46 PM

It was a child (or children) who asked him for a photo, what would you like him to do? Tell them sorry but I'm not very good so I can't smile for a photo with you in case some headcase loses the plot?

He's been an absolutely pish signing (although ironically got the assist today!) but the children don't know that, they just see a player in a Hibs shirt walking past them and it's likely made their day that he stopped to have a photo with them.

For a grown adult to go off at him like that is a disgrace.

bigwheel
07-05-2022, 07:46 PM

If you genuinely agree with aggressive abuse of a Hibs player because he stopped (when asked) to get his pic taken with some youngsters , then you need to think about your value set ..what a horrible mindset that is ..

Tyler Durden
07-05-2022, 08:19 PM
The contributions to the goals today and at Motherwell suggest to me that he has some pace, a trick to beat a man and a decent final ball delivered with either foot.

We’ve maybe not seen it enough over the past few months but at least he’s shown that he’s got it in there somewhere.

Definitely has ability but he’s not producing enough for me. Would imagine he’s on a decent wage at Fulham too.

I worry we’ve been so starved of quality that we’re clutching at straws a little. It’s a tough decision for someone to make. Unlike the likes of Rocky for example.

Cammy
07-05-2022, 08:24 PM

You should be embarrassed if you agree with that idiot, very strange!

B.H.F.C
07-05-2022, 08:29 PM
Am amazed to see so many folk not wanting us to keep him . Made a big difference when he came on today . Still very young and about the only player we have who tries something a bit different .

I don’t think it’s that surprising. He’s hardly contributed anything of note.

There is a bit potential there but the fee that is agreed is meant to be significant. He’s done nothing to warrant a significant fee.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2022, 08:33 PM
No break clause this summer

Amazing how big this has become, despite no suggestion Arsenal will use it.

They might or might not, but he is currently ours for another year.

Northernhibee
07-05-2022, 08:36 PM
I don’t think it’s that surprising. He’s hardly contributed anything of note.

There is a bit potential there but the fee that is agreed is meant to be significant. He’s done nothing to warrant a significant fee.

If it were a free transfer then there’s scope to gamble on potential. I’m a bit uncomfortable with the fee we’ve paid for. We’re relying on him adapting to Scottish football, a new country, having the strength or pace to make it here and avoiding injuries and the like. I’d rather we didn’t have too many high ticket price risks like that. Save the money for players with a bit more experience.

Hibee Mac
07-05-2022, 08:45 PM
I have to agree that if the fee is significant then I'd maybe not gamble on him. Although I think he's got potential and would like to keep him he's not shown enough to justify a significant fee.

Take Kamberi for example, that was an absolute no brainer to take up his clause. This one will require a bit more thought. I'm not against it if it's a reasonable fee to pay for someone with a bit of potential.

Since452
07-05-2022, 08:57 PM

I'm just so utterly sick of this Hibs team. All of them to be honest. Probably not thinking with a clear head and in the cold light of day there maybe is one or two who are worth keeping but right now I'm scunnered with the lot of them.

Northernhibee
07-05-2022, 09:08 PM
I'm just so utterly sick of this Hibs team. All of them to be honest. Probably not thinking with a clear head and in the cold light of day there maybe is one or two who are worth keeping but right now I'm scunnered with the lot of them.

We need to realise that in the last window we failed to address the here and now and we got all giddy and excited with the idea of a development team and we threw money in all directions and didn't improve the actual team on the pitch. We have to be way, way more targeted with how we do business.

We now have Melkersen, Hauge, Delferriere and the other players we signed for the development squad as "potential" as well as Blaney, Laidlaw, O'Connor, MacIntyre and more. No more spending resources on potential at this moment in time.

We have to identify what we need. For me that's two strikers with experience in the league, a mobile central midfielder who can connect midfield and attack, a pacey winger or two, a central defender and a goalkeeper. All must improve the first team now, now in six or twelve months time. I also think we need to have a few players with real experience to lead by example, so Stevenson and Hanlon are vital for me, maybe even worth extending McGinn's contract as I think he's a good reliable and steady player.

Harry Clarke is maybe worth making sure we keep a hold of, but for me the loan players in Scott, Rocky and Jasper just don't improve us as of this moment. We have to be ruthless in this window and make sure we don't make the same mistakes again.

Smartie
07-05-2022, 09:08 PM
Definitely has ability but he’s not producing enough for me. Would imagine he’s on a decent wage at Fulham too.

I worry we’ve been so starved of quality that we’re clutching at straws a little. It’s a tough decision for someone to make. Unlike the likes of Rocky for example.

Our squad seems to be packed with these “imperfect but has something” types. Whoever comes in is going to have some tough calls to make by way of the imperfections they choose to work with and the attributes they’re prepared to ditch.

I see enough in Jasper to think I’d want to keep him, and I think he could do well in a team that wasn’t totally pish.

IberianHibernian
07-05-2022, 09:25 PM
He impressed in his first matches for us then faded a bit after international break when he played twice for Bulgaria`s Under 21s and was substituted in second match possibly with an injury . Looked good today when he came on . Certainly adds to entertainment . Great option for last 20 minutes and I think that`s doing him a disservice . Given his age , I`d expect him to spend next season between first team and Under 23 team we`re supposed to be forming . Not sure what players people are expecting us to sign on our budget that will be more entertaining than Jasper .

Brightside
07-05-2022, 09:34 PM
I wouldn’t have a go at any player today. Shambles of a setup. Time for a clean out.

IberianHibernian
07-05-2022, 10:17 PM
I wouldn’t have a go at any player today. Shambles of a setup. Time for a clean out.We`re all disappointed with how season has panned out . Even then we were very close to LC win , SC final and top 4 despite horrendous injury list . Clean out but only if we have better players lined up . This thread is about Jasper . Do we have a more talented , exciting player of his age available within our wage structure to help squad and to develop in Under 23 squad ? I doubt it .

hibee-boys
07-05-2022, 10:25 PM
No one in our squad offers what he can, a bit of a rough diamond at the moment but so was Boyler we he first arrived. He’s the only player that gets me ok the edge of my seat when he picks up the ball. Jasper and Clarke seem to be the only players confident enough to try and move up the park with urgency, the rest of the midfield and forward line provide nothing like that.

sunshinejim
07-05-2022, 11:50 PM
He and James Scott changed the game when they came on today. In saying that I'm not so sure that was the best Aberdeen side we've faced. They were going down like skittles in order to waste time in the second half which I found utterly humiliated them. I'd need to see more performances like today's from him to be totally convinced he's got what it takes.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2022, 05:02 AM
He and James Scott changed the game when they came on today. In saying that I'm not so sure that was the best Aberdeen side we've faced. They were going down like skittles in order to waste time in the second half which I found utterly humiliated them. I'd need to see more performances like today's from him to be totally convinced he's got what it takes.

Scott was dreadful, he won one header which of course made a big difference but otherwise still looked like he'd won a radio competition to train with footballers for a day.

Melkersen looks sharper, hungrier and far more likely to score. Honestly, Gray taking off 1 striker for another while 1-0 down is pretty awful.

J-C
08-05-2022, 06:19 AM
Very raw and not what we were needing when we lost Boyle, he'd only played 18 games for league 2 Colchester last season so very little experience, will a new manager want to take a chance or will he be looking for a ready to go winger that will hit the ground running. He's one for the future but will be on decent wages at Fulham, maybe better use his elsewhere.

Mr. Wonderful
08-05-2022, 06:48 AM
Scott was dreadful, he won one header which of course made a big difference but otherwise still looked like he'd won a radio competition to train with footballers for a day.

Melkersen looks sharper, hungrier and far more likely to score. Honestly, Gray taking off 1 striker for another while 1-0 down is pretty awful.

If Scott played the way Melkersen has the last few weeks he'd be slated. Terrible

BILLYHIBS
08-05-2022, 06:57 AM
Meh if he stays or goes tbh

Looked lively when he came on yesterday looked a threat and gave Aberdeen something to worry about

I noticed they stuck two men on him

As others have said looks raw with a tendency to over elaborate and be too greedy on the ball but still at an age where that can hopefully be coached out of him for the benefit of the team

Could do with working on his upper body strength and sprinting over short distances

Needs to bring his A game every game but we could say that for every HIBS player :greengrin

chookyembra
08-05-2022, 07:50 AM
Jasper not good enough for me, surely we’ve got to be aiming higher than him 😬

Agree, flatters to deceive, rarely an end product

Jones28
08-05-2022, 07:57 AM
I’d like him to stay, he’s raw but we’ve seen what he’s capable of too.

Eyrie
08-05-2022, 09:16 AM
I'm undecided.

At present Jasper at least provides some entertainment but does so with no end product, so the decision on keeping him has to be based on his potential to improve his delivery and game awareness as he builds up a rapport with team mates.

Boyle was in a similar position when he first arrived, although they are different types of winger.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2022, 09:40 AM
If Scott played the way Melkersen has the last few weeks he'd be slated. Terrible

No chance. Done well yesterday, almost scored twice, ran the channels. Levels above Scott.

Sioux
08-05-2022, 09:41 AM
I'm undecided.

At present Jasper at least provides some entertainment but does so with no end product, so the decision on keeping him has to be based on his potential to improve his delivery and game awareness as he builds up a rapport with team mates.

Boyle was in a similar position when he first arrived, although they are different types of winger.

No end product? He's been responsible for at least 3 goals so far. For a team that doesn't score many, that's an achievement, no?

sauzeelegod
08-05-2022, 09:51 AM
Get him signed up.
Play 433 and have him play on the wing taking players on and getting crosses into the box.

Squealing pig
08-05-2022, 01:51 PM
Better than Boyle was at the start , with his potential could end up a great player , who knows I’d risk keeping him to see him progress

chippy
08-05-2022, 01:55 PM
No chance. Done well yesterday, almost scored twice, ran the channels. Levels above Scott.

I agree , he’s gonna be a handful with a bit more experience

JohnM1875
08-05-2022, 02:02 PM
Depending on how much the agreed fee is I'd definitely be getting him in.

He actually looks to beat players, sometimes too often mind you, but at least he provides some excitement. He's still only 20 years old as well. So much time for him to improve.

Ronniekirk
08-05-2022, 02:14 PM
Depending on how much the agreed fee is I'd definitely be getting him in.

He actually looks to beat players, sometimes too often mind you, but at least he provides some excitement. He's still only 20 years old as well. So much time for him to improve.

Exactly how many of our current squad can take a player on and beat them and set up a goal Very fee Has to be worth persevering with unless recruitment team have already identified someone better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Wonderful
08-05-2022, 02:26 PM

Almost shmallmost. Scott put himself about and got an assist in a quarter of the time Melkersen had on the pitch.

I like the boy but you're seeing things that aren't there. If Scott passed the ball out the pitch like he did I. The 2nd half he'd have been booed

Tha Cabbage Kid
08-05-2022, 03:20 PM
Jasper is a great wee player. Remember he was injured and may well have been playing with an injured the last few games of Maloneys.
He's one to keep if we can

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

tamig
09-05-2022, 09:17 AM
No end product? He's been responsible for at least 3 goals so far. For a team that doesn't score many, that's an achievement, no?

I wonder what some folk are watching at times. The assists he’s provided have all been top quality as well.

OldEast
09-05-2022, 09:49 AM
I wonder what some folk are watching at times. The assists he’s provided have all been top quality as well.

Amazing isn't it? People have quite rightly in my opinion, moaned about the tippy tappy, sideways then backwards passing and here we have a player with one thing on his mind, head down and attack. OK he's nowhere near the finished article and a bit raw and loses the ball sometimes but for **** sake at least he's facing the right way. We should do all we can to retain him and develop him into the undoubted talent he is.

RIP
09-05-2022, 10:07 AM
Jasper is a class above most of our journeymen. If he stays and we play Nisbet and Melkerson up top with Mitchell on the left we will see goals.

Like all our other signings, he’s had to get used to getting kicked up in the air. That’s Scottish fitba for ye.

Chris Mueller couldn’t cope but Sylvester looks like he’s made of tougher stuff.

James70
09-05-2022, 10:08 AM
Jasper is the kind of player that will put bums on seats whatever else he contributes.

Ronniekirk
09-05-2022, 10:32 AM
Amazing isn't it? People have quite rightly in my opinion, moaned about the tippy tappy, sideways then backwards passing and here we have a player with one thing on his mind, head down and attack. OK he's nowhere near the finished article and a bit raw and loses the ball sometimes but for **** sake at least he's facing the right way. We should do all we can to retain him and develop him into the undoubted talent he is.

People that think we will get a ready made up to speed Boyle replacement need to accept that we need some players that are work in progress while they are developing
Jasper falls into that category Defo worth keeping

Johnny_Leith
09-05-2022, 10:37 AM
Jasper's one to keep, definitely imo.

Unseen work
09-05-2022, 10:52 AM

100%

Couldn’t agree more.

A player that doesn’t let his head drop if he makes a mistake or gets tackled.

Wonder who Aberdeen etc would rather have to mark for 90 minutes. Anyone in our squad or Jasper. I imagine they’d pick anyone other than Jasper

JimBHibees
09-05-2022, 11:22 AM
Jasper's one to keep, definitely imo.

Agree offers something different

theonlywayisup
09-05-2022, 11:35 AM
I ask myself "how many of our current squad would I be disappointed if they weren't here next season" and there's not many.

Re Jasper, file under Melkerson and (if I was posting two weeks ago) Mueller. I'm sick and tired of flashes of promise, but with limited (over a number of games) return. Yes, they may turn out to be exceptional players, but we need more reliable and better players now.

Now, if we could get rid of the players who have peaked and now on a decline, those who have never peaked and those who are more injured than playing and replaced them with good solid reliable pros then I would be more than happy to keep Jasper and Melkerson, but we can't rely on these players so early into their careers.

Since452
09-05-2022, 12:24 PM
I ask myself "how many of our current squad would I be disappointed if they weren't here next season" and there's not many.

Re Jasper, file under Melkerson and (if I was posting two weeks ago) Mueller. I'm sick and tired of flashes of promise, but with limited (over a number of games) return. Yes, they may turn out to be exceptional players, but we need more reliable and better players now.

Now, if we could get rid of the players who have peaked and now on a decline, those who have never peaked and those who are more injured than playing and replaced them with good solid reliable pros then I would be more than happy to keep Jasper and Melkerson, but we can't rely on these players so early into their careers.

Melkerson needs to go out on loan next season imo. I don't think he's ready to be a starter for us and he needs game time. We're playing him because we have no other choice. Feel a bit sorry for him. Championship would be ideal.

sleeping giant
09-05-2022, 12:28 PM
Melkerson needs to go out on loan next season imo. I don't think he's ready to be a starter for us and he needs game time. We're playing him because we have no other choice. Feel a bit sorry for him. Championship would be ideal.

I dont think he would be a starter next season.
Doidge and Kev should hopefully be back to fitness. If any of them leave then i would expect a replacement. Melkerson will be sub next season.

Ronniekirk
09-05-2022, 03:38 PM
I dont think he would be a starter next season.
Doidge and Kev should hopefully be back to fitness. If any of them leave then i would expect a replacement. Melkerson will be sub next season.

Kev may not be back till around December we were told so doubt he will be featuring much till next year if that’s the case
Doidge according g to Maloney has lost a bit of pace which wasn’t that great to begin with snd also lost a log of his Physicality
He has been there a lot on the past six months so it remains to be seen if he can get back to his best
So we have a huge rebuilding job to do

Shrekko
09-05-2022, 03:40 PM
A yes from me.

Plenty of potential and seems quite brave.

JohnM1875
09-05-2022, 03:43 PM
Pretty sure Maloney spoke about making contact to make the Jasper deal permanent a while back. Obviously we'll be waiting for a new manager now which might mean we miss out on the deal?

I'd guess there will be a date we'd need to take it up by and the season ends soon.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2022, 05:01 PM
Pretty sure Maloney spoke about making contact to make the Jasper deal permanent a while back. Obviously we'll be waiting for a new manager now which might mean we miss out on the deal?

I'd guess there will be a date we'd need to take it up by and the season ends soon.

Both Maloney and Kensell made noises re keeping Jasper, however we are in a different situation, and new manager might not want him
Clock is ticking on Hibs to the right manager confirmed soon

mikefadge
09-05-2022, 05:11 PM
Both Maloney and Kensell made noises re keeping Jasper, however we are in a different situation, and new manager might not want him
Clock is ticking on Hibs to the right manager confirmed soon

If the new manager doesn't want Jasper he can GTF!!!! :devil:

Billy Whizz
09-05-2022, 05:19 PM
If the new manager doesn't want Jasper he can GTF!!!! :devil:

I’d rather the new manager made this decision, rather than our transfer committee

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2022, 05:23 PM
He has potential, but we need good players now. I suppose it all depends on how much and if the new manager wants him?

Alex Trager
09-05-2022, 05:29 PM
He has potential, but we need good players now. I suppose it all depends on how much and if the new manager wants him?

Surely at the very least worth having on the bench and letting him develop?

Whilst bringing in someone ready to take that slot

HendoDelivered
09-05-2022, 05:30 PM
Would defo keep

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2022, 05:42 PM
Surely at the very least worth having on the bench and letting him develop?

Whilst bringing in someone ready to take that slot

Personally i'd like to keep him, as he does have potential, but i want better than him now, or when the window opens.

Alex Trager
09-05-2022, 05:45 PM
Personally i'd like to keep him, as he does have potential, but i want better than him now, or when the window opens.
Aye. Agreed

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2022, 06:06 PM
No chance he comes here unless its as a first team player. Considering we wont give Hauge and Delferriere any minutes in meaningless games, in favour of dog**** loans like Scott, I don't see many players being very enthused to come here with the promise of development.

superfurryhibby
09-05-2022, 06:17 PM
He’s playing in a team seriously lacking creativity. For me, he’s got a lot of potential, we should be signing him.

Smartie
10-05-2022, 09:00 AM
No chance he comes here unless its as a first team player. Considering we wont give Hauge and Delferriere any minutes in meaningless games, in favour of dog**** loans like Scott, I don't see many players being very enthused to come here with the promise of development.

In fairness though, I don’t know how much our recent track record will translate into our future performance?

Just because Maloney and Gray have seen fit to pick the teams they have out of the players available doesn’t mean that any future head coach will do likewise.

LaMotta
10-05-2022, 09:16 AM

The more I think about some of Maloney's decisions the more angry I get.

Semi final for example nearly 20 minutes to go in desperate need of a goal. We have the guy (Jasper) who brilliantly set up both goals in the QF that got us here left on the bench whilst Josh Campbell was brought on.

Smartie
10-05-2022, 12:23 PM
The more I think about some of Maloney's decisions the more angry I get.

Semi final for example nearly 20 minutes to go in desperate need of a goal. We have the guy (Jasper) who brilliantly set up both goals in the QF that got us here left on the bench whilst Josh Campbell was brought on.

It was stuff like that that convinced me he needed punted rather than given time to learn or to bring his own players in.

LaMotta
10-05-2022, 12:51 PM
It was stuff like that that convinced me he needed punted rather than given time to learn or to bring his own players in.

:agree:

Not bringing on Stevenson for Wright the week before at Tynie was another.

Maloney was the first manager since Calderwood that I've been 100% sure he had to be sacked.

Northernhibee
10-05-2022, 04:03 PM
:agree:

Not bringing on Stevenson for Wright the week before at Tynie was another.

Maloney was the first manager since Calderwood that I've been 100% sure he had to be sacked.

The arrogance to think that we could play a system that we didn't have the players to play, get pumped and/or barely register a shot on goal and think that he had the divine right to see out "his vision" a couple of year down the lines is astounding.

Really hope never to see his stupid face or wittering monologues at Easter Road again.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2022, 04:23 PM
The arrogance to think that we could play a system that we didn't have the players to play, get pumped and/or barely register a shot on goal and think that he had the divine right to see out "his vision" a couple of year down the lines is astounding.

Really hope never to see his stupid face or wittering monologues at Easter Road again.

I think it's fair to say you are not super proud of Maloney. :greengrin

Since452
10-05-2022, 08:20 PM
Nah he can **** off as well. Clear out needed.

J-C
10-05-2022, 08:43 PM
Showed tonight exactly why he should be nowhere near us after the weekend, poor player.

SlickShoes
10-05-2022, 08:46 PM
Cheerio

Nicho87
10-05-2022, 08:47 PM
Bye Jasper

500miles
Got the other side of him tonight. Infuriating.

Gmack7
Shocker tonight.

Daydreamer
10-05-2022, 08:48 PM
Dreadful player, every time someone goes near him he falls down.

brog
10-05-2022, 08:49 PM
If you hadn't seen him before it looked like he was someone's mate who had wandered on to the pitch. Mind you, Melkersen wasn't much better!

LaMotta
He was awful tonight. Might have helped if he was wearing the right boots instead of slipping half the time. Amateur stuff.

ShinyFantastic
Him and Bushiri ran away hiding their faces from the fans. Cowards.

GRA
10-05-2022, 08:50 PM
Started off his loan spell decent enough but, as has been the case with many of our signings, lost all confidence. Back to Fulham you go, don't expect to be playing Premier League football though!

Shrekko
I’ve changed my mind after tonight. Nobody should ever be that bad in a Hibs shirt.

cabbageandribs1875
i needed time to decide

i've now decided

no, same for Rocky...and every player in our midfield, dreadful

just freakin dreadful

Hibs90
10-05-2022, 08:51 PM
Half arsed, selfish show pony.

Nah send him back.

Real Emerald
10-05-2022, 08:53 PM
It’s like watching a bairn pretending he’s Messi in his back garden. Is this what we’ve come to?

MrRobot
10-05-2022, 08:54 PM
brutal player

Stuarty1875
10-05-2022, 08:56 PM
Really poor tonight.

Can’t see us taking up the permanent option - not worth the gamble despite his promising first few games

JohnM1875
10-05-2022, 08:56 PM
I've actually gone full circle as well. That was a bad a performance as I've seen from a Hibs player.

Hiber-nation
10-05-2022, 09:00 PM
Takes the phrase flatters to deceive to new levels.

Bye.

Scottie
10-05-2022, 09:13 PM
It’s like watching a bairn pretending he’s Messi in his back garden. Is this what we’ve come to? :faf:

brutal player :agree:

Really poor tonight. :agree:

Can’t see us taking up the permanent option - not worth the gamble despite his promising first few games :agree:

I've actually gone full circle as well. That was a bad a performance as I've seen from a Hibs player. :agree:

Just when I think we couldn’t get any worse this imposter turns up. We’re bang in trouble folk.

Stubbsy90+2
10-05-2022, 09:14 PM
Absolutely pish.

Looks like he watches they F2 freestyle bellends and then tries to come into the pitch pretending he’s them rather than an actual footballer.

Real Emerald
10-05-2022, 09:16 PM
Absolutely pish.

Looks like he watches they F2 freestyle bellends and then tries to come into the pitch pretending he’s then rather than an actual footballer.

And he’s forgotten he’s still got his slippers on.

Northernhibee
10-05-2022, 09:22 PM
Enjoy playing for Alfreton Town or Dover United or whoever in the future Sylvester. You’re not even a hundredth of the player you think you are.

Chorley Hibee
10-05-2022, 09:26 PM
I was criticised for dismissing his arrival in January but I'd say I've been vindicated after watching the drivel he's produced.

The idea that some kid who'd played a handful of games, for a team near the bottom of league 2, was going to address our problems was laughable.

Just your usual **** January signing that Hibs excel in.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2022, 09:29 PM
I feel a bit sorry for him.

There is potential there but he’s an immature player, head down and wants to do it all himself.

He’s a bit like Melkersen for me though in that he has been thrown in at the deep end in a piss poor team that was already struggling. At a time when we needed starters to drag us up the league, guys who could hit the ground running, we got 2 or 3 projects who were never going to flourish in the situation we are currently in.

It’s all very well saying these guys were for the future but it didn’t play out like that and how much this half season has taken out of them mentally and in terms of their standing with the fans is anyone’s guess. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these young lads don’t really recover.

The Tubs
10-05-2022, 09:38 PM
I feel a bit sorry for him.

There is potential there but he’s an immature player, head down and wants to do it all himself.

He’s a bit like Melkersen for me though in that he has been thrown in at the deep end in a piss poor team that was already struggling. At a time when we needed starters to drag us up the league, guys who could hit the ground running, we got 2 or 3 projects who were never going to flourish in the situation we are currently in.

It’s all very well saying these guys were for the future but it didn’t play out like that and how much this half season has taken out of them mentally and in terms of their standing with the fans is anyone’s guess. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these young lads don’t really recover.

Melkersen was probably on the bench tonight for this very reason. Indeed, when we signed him, I imagine that Doidge and Nisbet were expected to be in front of him. It's possibly similar to Mitchell being in front of Jasper.

As for being finished, I thought O'Connor had already passed his peak by 19. If they really want to make the most of their talents, then a few bad months at the end of a season for Hibs shouldn't hold them back. If anything, playing in the semi, despite the result, should give them hunger for more.

Nicho87
10-05-2022, 09:42 PM
Absolutely pish.

Looks like he watches they F2 freestyle bellends and then tries to come into the pitch pretending he’s them rather than an actual footballer.

It’s a complete F5 hibs need

Brown Hibs
13-05-2022, 08:04 AM
The boy is 20 years old ffs. He has shown more than enough promise. Get him signed up. Great potential and with the right coaching could be a great signing.

Jones28
13-05-2022, 08:10 AM
The boy is 20 years old ffs. He has shown more than enough promise. Get him signed up. Great potential and with the right coaching could be a great signing.

This

MrRobot
13-05-2022, 08:37 AM

I really don’t think he has shown much at all, Motherwell game aside.

We have Dan MacKay who had a pretty good pre-season with us and have Steven Bradley coming back who has looked really impressive while on loan. Id rather see them both given a chance. I still don’t understand why MacKay was sent out on loan :dunno:

KWJ
13-05-2022, 09:33 AM
It’s a complete F5 hibs need

:greengrin

He had a shocker v Dundee but he's capable of game winning moments and for a 20 year old he's got a lot of developing to do.

I'm not fussed if we keep hold or not so long as he's not a high earner. If he leaves we need someone else who can play wing and beat a man though.

J-C
13-05-2022, 09:37 AM
We need players ready to play next season, we cant sit back waiting on possible potential, headless chicken with no end product, file under same as Barker

B.H.F.C
13-05-2022, 09:39 AM

How much promise has he really shown though? A couple of assists against a ten man Motherwell. The odd run now and again?

On Tuesday night he looked like plenty of the other loan players we have had up from England who isn’t really all that bothered. He couldn’t be bothered running after people.

No way he’s done enough to justify paying out good money to keep him.

Since452
13-05-2022, 09:47 AM
How much promise has he really shown though? A couple of assists against a ten man Motherwell. The odd run now and again?

On Tuesday night he looked like plenty of the other loan players we have had up from England who isn’t really all that bothered. He couldn’t be bothered running after people.

No way he’s done enough to justify paying out good money to keep him.

You can tell a lot about a players attitude in so called meaningless games. What i saw on Tuesday was enough for me to make my mind up. I want players who will run until they drop.

JohnMcM
13-05-2022, 09:53 AM

Nail on the head for me. People have forgotten how long we had to wait for Boyle to finally click.

Smartie
13-05-2022, 10:04 AM
Nail on the head for me. People have forgotten how long we had to wait for Boyle to finally click.

Boyle showed flashes straight away, not unlike Jasper.

It all depends on the ££££ but Jasper is one I'd be looking to keep, and is the type you could imagine contributing more in a team with better players and better shape.

LaMotta
13-05-2022, 11:51 AM

Boyle was effective from the start and regularly so. Whilst he obviously improved over time its a myth that he was poor to begin with.

Having said that, despite how poor Jasper has been on occasion I wouldn't write him off just yet.

500miles
13-05-2022, 12:39 PM
Boyle was effective from the start and regularly so. Whilst he obviously improved over time its a myth that he was poor to begin with.

Having said that, despite how poor Jasper has been on occasion I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Boyle got to make his mistakes in the Championship.

hibee-boys
13-05-2022, 12:55 PM
Since Boyle left we had no one who could take on and beat opponents, we’re so easy to defend against its criminal. Backward pass, sideways pass and repeat then launch it into the box for the 1 striker…..that’s never usually there anyway! At least Jasper was prepared to have a go and try to create something from nothing, all our other midfielders/forward options manage to create nothing end off. I wouldn’t mind him going if we can find a more consistent player of his type, we need more dynamic players like him.

LaMotta
13-05-2022, 01:40 PM
Boyle got to make his mistakes in the Championship.

He improved drastically. He was a bit part player in his first 2 seasons with us, 15 and 17 appearances respectively.

Jasper could quite easily become and excellent player, he just needs the time and space to develop. I don't see why we shouldn't offer him a deal.

Yeah he did improve as I said but there was clearly a talented player there from the start. I think it is over egged by some who make out he was a nothing player at the start for us.

He got better as we got promoted. But I think part of that was that his pace became more of an asset to us when we were playing teams that weren't camped in their own half for 90 mins as happened in the Championship most weeks.

His performance against Aberdeen in the SC semi whilst we were in the Championship showed what he could do with space to run at players.

LaMotta
13-05-2022, 01:48 PM
He improved drastically. He was a bit part player in his first 2 seasons with us, 15 and 17 appearances respectively.

Jasper could quite easily become and excellent player, he just needs the time and space to develop. I don't see why we shouldn't offer him a deal.

Also those stats are way off.

Boyle had 17 appearances in his first season for us, but he only signed in the January. He then made 33 appearances in his first full season, so he a was regular and key performer right from the off.

Jones28
13-05-2022, 01:50 PM

Boyle had 17 appearances in his first season for us, but he only signed in the January. He then made 33 appearances in his first full season, so he a was regular and key performer right from the off.

I clearly cannot read :rolleyes:

LaMotta
13-05-2022, 01:56 PM
I clearly cannot read :rolleyes:

:greengrin

04Sauzee
13-05-2022, 02:16 PM

33 appearances with 19 of those coming from the bench and played a full 90 8 times

allezsauzee
13-05-2022, 02:23 PM
Jasper isn't good enough to play for Hibs at the moment but I think there's footballer in there if he gets the right coaching.

Crunchie
13-05-2022, 02:29 PM
He's playing in a team devoid of any form or playing pattern and we have the usual experts calling him brutal etc. I agree with you and think we should sign him up, I hope the boy doesn't read the claptrap on here.

Mantis Toboggan
13-05-2022, 02:34 PM

Boyle being injured for the play off against Rangers also a factor in why we didn't get past them - he had been one of the key men for us in the run up.

LaMotta
13-05-2022, 10:59 PM
33 appearances with 19 of those coming from the bench and played a full 90 8 times

So what? He was clearly an excellent player back then who featured most weeks for Hibs.

LaMotta
13-05-2022, 10:59 PM
Boyle being injured for the play off against Rangers also a factor in why we didn't get past them - he had been one of the key men for us in the run up.

Excellent point :aok: