PDA

View Full Version : "Listen"

sambajustice
04-05-2022, 08:03 PM
Something I've noticed more and more is so called pundits use of the word "listen" half way through a sentence as if it adds more importance or authority to what they're saying.

I dont stand at my work, be telling someone something then chuck in, "and listen" during what I'm saying to them.

Rio Ferdinand is one of the worst for it but it's a common practice it seems!

Nips my head so it does!

Any other nippy things pundits do that I can look out for so that I can get even more annoyed? :-D

northern-hibee
04-05-2022, 08:11 PM
“At this moment in time” utter meaningless and used by Preston and Miller presumably to cover up their lack of the grasp of basic English language

Pretty Boy
04-05-2022, 08:34 PM
I hate when people start a sentence with 'listen'. It's just rude. Same as people who end a sentence with 'am I right?' or similar. Passive aggressive nonsense daring you to disagree with them.

You just know they are the same guys who try to prove themselves by gripping your hand really hard when shaking it.

Mick O'Rourke
04-05-2022, 08:34 PM
Most certainly "their is a player in there":grr:

On transfers/appointments
He's a good shout as he "gets the club":grr:

More irritable phrases used frequently by commentators /pundits

"two up top" "back stick" "this game needs a goal" "false 9s and false 10s":fuming:

Player comes on in 85th minute.
Pundit says "good move ..he needs some "minutes":grr:

My favourite pundit excuse for not giving a foul after a player is pole-axed
"No malice there ,just a coming together ":grr:

Broken Gnome
04-05-2022, 08:37 PM
Something I've noticed more and more is so called pundits use of the word "listen" half way through a sentence as if it adds more importance or authority to what they're saying.

I dont stand at my work, be telling someone something then chuck in, "and listen" during what I'm saying to them.

Nips my head so it does!

Any other nippy things pundits do that I can look out for so that I can get even more annoyed? :-D

AH'VE GOT TAE SAY....

D'YOU KNOW WHAT?...

Anything McFadden says is brilliant or unbelievable.

Scottish overuse of absolutely.

Brown Hibs
04-05-2022, 08:37 PM
Might be something in this. Tom English begins every sentence with this.

greenlex
04-05-2022, 08:42 PM
Not particularly football related but when answering a question your first word is “so” is grinding my gears. It’s superfluous and not needed. It’s usually academics but is creeping into us thickos vocabulary too.

Mick O'Rourke
04-05-2022, 08:45 PM
I hate when people start a sentence with 'listen'. It's just rude. Same as people who end a sentence with 'am I right?' or similar. Passive aggressive nonsense daring you to disagree with them.

You just know they are the same guys who try to prove themselves by gripping your hand really hard when shaking it.

Very Trumpesque, that is PB
Its endemic there that type of bullying.
Fox News is so dangerous in allowing that kind of language
.And thats just their anchors !!
Also
When politicians are asked questions on tv news interviews i have noticed them starting their reply with the word "So"
Suggesting,i think, ok i know all the answers, SO let me put you right. Arrogance.

Jim44
04-05-2022, 08:46 PM
AH'VE GOT TAE SAY....

D'YOU KNOW WHAT?...

Anything McFadden says is brilliant or unbelievable.

Scottish overuse of absolutely.

I hate folk using cliches and phrases they hear other folk using, especially folk in the public eye. Small brain mentality.

MikeyS
04-05-2022, 08:47 PM
"In and around" really annoys me but nowhere near as much as "just about done enough" does. For example a goalie makes a great finger tip save and the comms say "oh, he has just about done enough to keep that out"

Surely if you've "just about" done something you haven't actually done it!!!

Coco Bryce
04-05-2022, 08:47 PM
"At this moment in time" is the worst.

A BBC Sportsound fav that.

MikeyS
04-05-2022, 08:49 PM
I hate folk using cliches and phrases they hear other folk using, especially folk in the public eye. Small brain mentality.

Small brain mentality....and that's exactly why you'll find all these clichés and tripe spouted regularly on that shambles of a BBC show, sportsound

MartinfaePorty
04-05-2022, 08:53 PM
Every single Australian seems to start an answer with 'Look...'. Drives me nuts!

chrisski33
04-05-2022, 08:55 PM
Not particularly football related but when answering a question your first word is “so” is grinding my gears. It’s superfluous and not needed. It’s usually academics but is creeping into us thickos vocabulary too.

The word so at the start of a sentence really gets my back up but i wouldnt say academics use it.

greenlex
04-05-2022, 08:55 PM
Every single Australian seems to start an answer with 'Look...'. Drives me nuts!
Their use of the word “Mate”is particularly annoying also. Ken.

Greenbeard
04-05-2022, 08:56 PM
"I'm not gonna lie...."
Eh? So every other time you speak to me it's all lies is it?

Unseen work
04-05-2022, 08:57 PM
Seems to be a new thing said by young players in Edinburgh.

Porteous and Doig say it every couple of words.

Golden Bear
04-05-2022, 08:59 PM
One from tonight:- "City have dominated possession but only slightly"

😄

sambajustice
04-05-2022, 09:19 PM
Seems to be a new thing said by young players in Edinburgh.

Porteous and Doig say it every couple of words.

"Listen" or "I'm not going to lie"?

Ferdinand at it again, just about every time he speaks he chucks it in!!!! Ragin!

heretoday
04-05-2022, 09:19 PM
Very Trumpesque, that is PB
Its endemic there that type of bullying.
Fox News is so dangerous in allowing that kind of language
.And thats just their anchors !!
Also
When politicians are asked questions on tv news interviews i have noticed them starting their reply with the word "So"
Suggesting,i think, ok i know all the answers, SO let me put you right. Arrogance.

I heard a woman on BBC Scotland today going "So.....oh I've forgotten what I was going to say!"

The language of airheads.

JeMeSouviens
04-05-2022, 09:20 PM
"I'm not gonna lie...."

“To be perfectly honest” :rolleyes:

Mr. Wonderful
04-05-2022, 09:48 PM
Ryan Porteous.

leith lynx
04-05-2022, 09:49 PM

Nips my head so it does!

This annoys me greatly as well, Ryan Porteous is one of the worst culprits, Anthony Stokes as well, also the amount of people who answer questions starting with "So".. drives me mad!!

Lendo
04-05-2022, 09:55 PM

Nips my head so it does!

Porteous is the worst for this and it does my nut in.

MGmick
04-05-2022, 10:18 PM
"In and around" really annoys me but nowhere near as much as "just about done enough" does. For example a goalie makes a great finger tip save and the comms say "oh, he has just about done enough to keep that out"

Surely if you've "just about" done something you haven't actually done it!!!

This 100% rattles my cage.

Just about enough = nearly but not quite enough. I.e. close but no cigar. It means failure not success.

'kin stop it!

Tommy75
04-05-2022, 10:18 PM
"I'm not gonna lie...."

Along the same lines as 'to tell you the truth..' or 'if I'm being totally honest'

The thing that annoys me these days is the over use of the word 'shape' when discussing a teams performance

snedzuk
04-05-2022, 10:21 PM
'Opportunity'

Willie miller.

Once you notice this, you can't forget it.

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2022, 10:22 PM
Folk do the “listen” thing on here and in twitter and that. It’s slipping into normal language like “oh my god” and “literally” did.

Hibbyradge
04-05-2022, 10:56 PM
Listen, it's media training.

Porteous says it too.

Mick O'Rourke
04-05-2022, 10:59 PM

The phrase "not fit for purpose " was made "famous" when used by the then Labour MP John Reid speaking about the state of the Home Office

Strangely enough, John admitted years later that he "stole" the phrase from a senior civil servant.

It turned out eventually that John's boss in the Commons was "not fit for purpose"

Hibbyradge
04-05-2022, 11:02 PM
That was a great pass, it really was.

Oh, what a brave challenge, it really was.

Macmenamin tonight, "I think Liverpool v Real Madrid will be a fantastic final, I really do."

Scotty Leither
04-05-2022, 11:16 PM

Yes, I'm the same Jim. I never use cliches myself, personally I avoid them like the plague.

SaulGoodman
05-05-2022, 12:07 AM
Y’know

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2022, 12:27 AM

Nips my head so it does!

"Listen" is nowhere near as good an emphasising word as "hawl" or "by the way". English attempts just don't compare.

There's an English lady co-commentator who ends every sentence with a question, such as "wasn't it" or "could he". Don't know her name, but it really gets to me.

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2022, 12:29 AM
The phrase "not fit for purpose " was made "famous" when used by the then Labour MP John Reid speaking about the state of the Home Office

Strangely enough, John admitted years later that he "stole" the phrase from a senior civil servant.

It turned out eventually that John's boss in the Commons was "not fit for purpose"

Absolute James Hunts who say that, along with "no brainer".

Brizo
05-05-2022, 05:01 AM
Souness on Sky sports must use the phrase "at it" two or three times per sentence. "If the player's arent at it today" or "he /they better be at it today".

Once you've heard it you cant stop hearing it.

Since452
05-05-2022, 05:19 AM
Anthony Stokes loved a "listen" at the start of every sentence.

Greencore
05-05-2022, 06:15 AM
Listen, you make a good point.

JimBHibees
05-05-2022, 06:19 AM
That's a good question is used a lot. Usually followed with a crap answer as they are unable to answer the good question. :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
05-05-2022, 06:57 AM
"He's hit that too well"

BILLYHIBS
05-05-2022, 07:08 AM
McMenemin ‘ This is just one game too far for Real Madrid PSG Chelsea and now Citee Citee are just too good for them and Madrid have not been good enough on the night ‘

Greencore
05-05-2022, 07:12 AM
Michael Stewart over using the word CLEARLY.

w pilton hibby
05-05-2022, 07:24 AM
Michael Stewart over using the word CLEARLY.

Michael Stewart's constant use of the of word.

Keeper could of come for it.

Striker should of put the laces through the ball.

Does ma heid in.

Alfiembra
05-05-2022, 07:34 AM
So listen people, it’s a game of two halves, opportunities were clearly few and far between, the boy done well but listen, I won’t lie, he clearly isn’t good enough at this level. He was brave he just wasn’t at it, he tried to play the false 9 in the hole at the back stick. I’m sure there’s a player in there. Ah’ve got tae say that tackle in the first half was just a coming together, a 50/50 genuine attempt to play the ball, was so so unfortunate that the ref saw yellow. Never a booking all day long.
Sums up their season, don’t think the manager gets the club, the fans were magnificent though.

James70
05-05-2022, 07:35 AM
Tony Blair language.

OldEast
05-05-2022, 07:36 AM
"Up top" was always up front before.

More on forums, here especially "eye bleeding" just stop.

"Professional foul" "took one for the team" cheating in other words.

number9dream
05-05-2022, 07:43 AM
"At this moment in time" is the worst.

A BBC Sportsound fav that.

It's like they're standing on the precipice of some great discovery in the galaxy rather than saying 'just now', 'right now' or simply 'now'.
The pundit jargon is quite an interesting study of herd mentality.
Someone at the tennis, says X can 'go deep' at this tournament and suddenly they're all using the term.

sambajustice
05-05-2022, 07:53 AM
Just thought of another one... if someone is asked a question, they start the answer with "yeah, no" grrr

Greenio
05-05-2022, 07:59 AM
I just feel 'listen' and 'look' (which Aussies say loads!) Is short hand for ',it's a complicated issue'

I did find it a bit rude at first tho

leith lynx
05-05-2022, 08:21 AM
Alan "chance" Preston

Greenbeard
05-05-2022, 08:23 AM
I just feel 'listen' and 'look' (which Aussies say loads!) Is short hand for ',it's a complicated issue'

I did find it a bit rude at first tho
To me it's a short way of saying stop talking pish. I'm right and here's what you should be saying.

ajf
05-05-2022, 08:23 AM
Absolutely , super a...hole will use it regularly tonight

Greenbeard
05-05-2022, 08:27 AM
So listen people, it’s a game of two halves, opportunities were clearly few and far between, the boy done well but listen, I won’t lie, he clearly isn’t good enough at this level. He was brave he just wasn’t at it, he tried to play the false 9 in the hole at the back stick. I’m sure there’s a player in there. Ah’ve got tae say that tackle in the first half was just a coming together, a 50/50 genuine attempt to play the ball, was so so unfortunate that the ref saw yellow. Never a booking all day long.
Sums up their season, don’t think the manager gets the club, the fans were magnificent though.
VG but disappointed you didn't manage to fit in "off of". EG he took the ball off of the opposition attacker.

Since452
05-05-2022, 08:31 AM
Early doors. What the **** does that even mean? I could understand early days but early doors? :grr:

greenlex
05-05-2022, 08:32 AM
Anyone that gets Super excited or super anything else can do one too.

Since452
05-05-2022, 08:33 AM

Maloney. Super proud of the team.

BonnieFitbaTeam
05-05-2022, 08:41 AM
Nothing, but nothing annoys me as much as "...his arm was (or wasn't) in an unnatural position" :grr:

Unless his arm is coming out the top of his head or out of his @r5e, say, then there's no such thing as an unnatural position. The shoulder is a ball and socket joint for a f***in' reason!!!!

Greenbeard
05-05-2022, 08:41 AM
Reminds me of the Rev I M Jolly story of going to a massage parlour for a refreshing massage.
Mid-massage the masseuse leans in and whispers "would you like super sex when I finish?"
"Oh, thank you very much. I'll take the soup."

mayo hibee
05-05-2022, 08:44 AM
Anthony Stokes loved a "listen" at the start of every sentence.

"Listen" is a very common way to start a sentence in Ireland, which is why Stokes and Tom English would use it a lot. "Look" is another one that's used a lot.

It's not meant in a confrontational or passive aggressive way at all, they won't even realise they're saying it, just a habitual thing.

Hairypoppins
05-05-2022, 08:44 AM
I like Ally McCoist as a commentator “I really do” .

He is better than most . “He really is”

He does tend to repeat the same phrase over and over again though. “He really does”

Occasionally his fellow commentators start doing it too. “they really do”

BILLYHIBS
05-05-2022, 08:56 AM
Charlie Nicholas saying ‘definitely’

‘Definaaaaatley’

Maybe it’s a Weedgie thing ? 😀

greenlex
05-05-2022, 08:57 AM
Reminds me of the Rev I M Jolly story of going to a massage parlour for a refreshing massage.
Mid-massage the masseuse leans in and whispers "would you like super sex when I finish?"
"Oh, thank you very much. I'll take the soup."
:greengrin:thumbsup:

SaulGoodman
05-05-2022, 08:59 AM
Accepting mediocrity

john18722
05-05-2022, 09:04 AM
Starting a sentence with the word "Indeed" to attempt to accentuate your point is a particular annoyance of mine and one that my manager uses frequently. It serves no purpose.

Indeed, it really gets on my tits.

Mick O'Rourke
05-05-2022, 09:25 AM
Starting a sentence with the word "Indeed" to attempt to accentuate your point is a particular annoyance of mine and one that my manager uses frequently. It serves no purpose.

Indeed, it really gets on my tits.

John
The word indeed would usually be used in response to and in agreement to something said.
If you said to me..

" Joe needs to cut out those needless fouls"
I may reply..

"Indeed John,his wee niggly fouls get on my tits "! :greengrin

ShinyFantastic
05-05-2022, 09:28 AM
Would/could have not would/could of!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
05-05-2022, 09:38 AM
Charlie Nicholas saying ‘definitely’

‘Definaaaaatley’

Maybe it’s a Weedgie thing ? 😀

“Listen”, “definaaaately” weeedgie-isms just like clambering over a statue to pop a traffic cone on the head of a horse/ rider. Crap form leaves the statues in a right state halfwits why take the lead off those muppets - yoofs eh?! :)

derekduval
05-05-2022, 10:02 AM
Young people’s use of the phrase ‘I’m no going to lie’ is particularly irritating and when people say ‘No offence but’ and then say something offensive

hibs#1
05-05-2022, 10:27 AM
Souness on Sky sports must use the phrase "at it" two or three times per sentence. "If the player's arent at it today" or "he /they better be at it today".

Once you've heard it you cant stop hearing it.

I read that in Souness voice 🤣

OldEast
05-05-2022, 10:44 AM
“Listen”, “definaaaately” weeedgie-isms just like clambering over a statue to pop a traffic cone on the head of a horse/ rider. Crap form leaves the statues in a right state halfwits why take the lead off those muppets - yoofs eh?! :)

"A cheeky wee" anything. The absolute worst weegie-ism

JimBHibees
05-05-2022, 10:48 AM

He does tend to repeat the same phrase over and over again though. “He really does”

Like McCoist Alex Rae on the other hand absolute torture, comes out with stuff like the first post

Groathillgrump
05-05-2022, 10:54 AM
Another bit of pundit nonsense that does my head in:

"If that's on target, it goes in." :rolleyes:

Carheenlea
05-05-2022, 11:14 AM
"Listen" is a very common way to start a sentence in Ireland, which is why Stokes and Tom English would use it a lot. "Look" is another one that's used a lot.

It's not meant in a confrontational or passive aggressive way at all, they won't even realise they're saying it, just a habitual thing.

You tend not to get sneering down your noses at the language of the of ordinary person in the street the same in Ireland.

Certainly one unfortunate Scottish trait that my Irish wife has noticed in her time here is how much more judgemental we are of others compared to Ireland. Maybe lessons to be learned..

JeMeSouviens
05-05-2022, 12:02 PM
Pundits in tandem with other pundits who start everything with, "<other-pundit> will tell you ... blah, blah". I think it's supposed to be a "fitba folk ken" type of thing. Annoying as ****.

jacomo
05-05-2022, 01:12 PM
I have a particular loathing for the phrase ‘going forward’, which every mediocre executive now uses to garnish the end of their sentences.

But it’s particularly annoying in a football context, because this phrase used to have real meaning, i.e. ‘this team looks good going forward but they are suspect defensively’.

Now people say it and it could be a reference to a team’s attacking capabilities, or just a superfluous reference to the inevitable and unstoppable progress of time.

Greenbeard
05-05-2022, 01:49 PM
More pet hates, all hailing from the US of A but becoming mainstream over here.
Burglarised. Eh? You mean burgled.
Going to the movies. Naw, going to the pictures to see a film, not a movie.
Trick or Treat instead of guising.

Diclonius
05-05-2022, 01:57 PM
Great song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTS69IDSlyg

mcohibs
05-05-2022, 02:05 PM
Annoys me when people go on about the Hampden pitch being wide/long. 'We'll get the better of them on the big Hampden pitch'.

It's the same dimensions as the Easter Road pitch and most pitches in Scotland.

MKHIBEE
05-05-2022, 02:10 PM
People who say” I’m not racist/ sexist “ or whatever then proceed to show that’s exactly what they area

mikefadge
05-05-2022, 02:21 PM
Y’know

Robbie Savage right?? He does it sometimes 2 or 3 times in one sentence!

mikefadge
05-05-2022, 02:32 PM
When they talk about "the ball just speeding up off of that deflection/as it bounced off the wet grass"

Eh, now! That is outwith the laws of physics. You mean it didn't slow up as much as you expected/as it would on dry grass!

Brightside
05-05-2022, 02:44 PM

Nips my head so it does!

Listen is an irish thing which has drifted in over the last 20 years or so. A lot of the Horse Racing trainers have been saying it for years.

ahibby
05-05-2022, 02:44 PM

It would be interesting if someone were to answer them saying, listen, I've told you before my name is John, where are you getting this Luke from? That would be a decent use of the word listen, when you've told them before, and they haven't.

ahibby
05-05-2022, 02:47 PM
I heard a commentator during a match make reference to 'nasty bouncing balls'. If the wore some protection/support then maybe they wouldn't be bouncing! Seriously though how can bouncing balls be nasty?

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2022, 03:06 PM

Ally - "I've got to say".

But I do like McCoist as a co-commentator.

Keith_M
05-05-2022, 03:06 PM

A couple of people I used to work with would end statements they were making with '...correct?'.

I always replied with 'Are you asking me or telling me?'

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2022, 03:07 PM
I heard a commentator during a match make reference to 'nasty bouncing balls'. If the wore some protection/support then maybe they wouldn't be bouncing! Seriously though how can bouncing balls be nasty?

Matron!

Mick O'Rourke
05-05-2022, 03:07 PM
More pet hates, all hailing from the US of A but becoming mainstream over here.
Burglarised. Eh? You mean burgled.
Going to the movies. Naw, going to the pictures to see a film, not a movie.
Trick or Treat instead of guising.

Saying "Ball park figure" instead of the one word it supposedly means...estimate !

Nowadays,our own UK broadcasters/newsreaders use these terms frequently.

Ok, just going to check whats on Sky Films later :greengrin

Radge70
05-05-2022, 03:33 PM
Pundits in tandem with other pundits who start everything with, "<other-pundit> will tell you ... blah, blah". I think it's supposed to be a "fitba folk ken" type of thing. Annoying as ****.

They also say "we talked about this earlier didn't we"

gbhibby
05-05-2022, 04:16 PM
Do you want to know a secret, will you promise not to tell.( A song for the oldies)
The use of the words Actually and Literally by pundits is annoying.

CockneyRebel
05-05-2022, 04:33 PM
Do you want to know a secret, will you promise not to tell.( A song for the oldies)
The use of the words Actually and Literally by pundits is annoying.

And 99% of folk on the telly pronouncing the word schedule as skedule instead of shedule.

McHibby
05-05-2022, 06:22 PM
People describing past and/or future events in the present tense.

A couple of examples I've heard recently:

"He catches that properly with his left foot, he scores". Until a few months ago that would have been, "if he'd caught that properly with his left foot, he'd have scored".

"Tyson Fury wins, for me". Previously that would have been, "I think Tyson Fury will win".

Why has this become a thing??!!! It infuriates me.

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2022, 06:40 PM
People describing past and/or future events in the present tense.

A couple of examples I've heard recently:

"He catches that properly with his left foot, he scores". Until a few months ago that would have been, "if he'd caught that properly with his left foot, he'd have scored".

"Tyson Fury wins, for me". Previously that would have been, "I think Tyson Fury will win".

Why has this become a thing??!!! It infuriates me.

:top marks

As a student of history, this happens all the time on documentaries and it really bothers me e.g. By winter 1940 Hitler is convinced he must attack the USSR as soon as possible. No, Hitler was convinced. I constantly find myself correcting the narrator in real time. I think it's my OCD coming through :greengrin

Seekyit
05-05-2022, 06:53 PM
Having read the thread it worries me how much of this bollox I come out with myself.

I draw the line at “it’s not rocket science” though.

McHibby
05-05-2022, 06:59 PM
:top marks

As a student of history, this happens all the time on documentaries and it really bothers me e.g. By winter 1940 Hitler is convinced he must attack the USSR as soon as possible. No, Hitler was convinced. I constantly find myself correcting the narrator in real time. I think it's my OCD coming through :greengrin

YES! I'm a history graduate, too! Maybe studying the past induces an intolerance to this nonsense.

McHibby
05-05-2022, 07:04 PM
That was a great pass, it really was.

Oh, what a brave challenge, it really was.

Macmenamin tonight, "I think Liverpool v Real Madrid will be a fantastic final, I really do."

He's also the king of, "it's all about the.... " after anything of significance.

It's all about the pass from X
It's all about the run from the halfway line
It's all about the tackle by X

hibsbollah
05-05-2022, 07:08 PM

‘Look’ at the start of sentences the same. For some reason very popular with rugby players and all Australians.

JeMeSouviens
05-05-2022, 07:17 PM
YES! I'm a history graduate, too! Maybe studying the past induces an intolerance to this nonsense.

Historians are the worst for doing it!

McHibby
05-05-2022, 07:45 PM
Historians are the worst for doing it!

Just the rubbishy TV historians; the Hibs-supporting ones are perfect 😁

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2022, 07:50 PM
He's also the king of, "it's all about the.... " after anything of significance.

It's all about the pass from X
It's all about the run from the halfway line
It's all about the tackle by X

Alan Smith on Sky is a **** for "it's all about".

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2022, 08:32 PM
“26 Years of age” instead of the simple 26 years old.
Derek Ferguson saying “you know” about 10 times a sentence .

05-05-2022, 09:15 PM
Saying "y'know" after every few words is a common one in football interviews. Highly annoying

Greenbeard
05-05-2022, 10:15 PM
Peely wally Londoners, white as white can be, talking like they is from Jamaica man.

ballengeich
05-05-2022, 10:21 PM
Saying "y'know" after every few words is a common one in football interviews. Highly annoying
If you're talking to someone doing that ask what the United Nations Organisation has to do with the subject under discussion.

Similarly if someone continually includes the work "like" in a conversation, ask what the difference is from what they're describing.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2022, 08:00 AM
Mikey also likes to talk about a “gilt edge chance”

beensaidbefore
06-05-2022, 08:27 AM
Peely wally Londoners, white as white can be, talking like they is from Jamaica man.

:agree: 2 jakeys on the bus last week talking at the top of their voices like they were in Top Boy. Embarrassing

leith lynx
06-05-2022, 12:04 PM

Another pet-hate of mine!

kaimendhibs
06-05-2022, 06:36 PM
Our own Tam McManus is murder for it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
06-05-2022, 06:37 PM
If you start a sentence with 'so', please ignore me. [emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk