PDA

View Full Version : NHC Jimmy Bell

TelaStella
03-05-2022, 10:51 AM
Just been announced he has past away. Didn’t think it was real at first but Rangers have released a statement in the last hour confirming the news. Shocked to be frank, unaware if he was in the dugout on Sunday but travelled to Germany midweek and hadn’t known of any reports he was in ill health. Thoughts to his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottie
03-05-2022, 11:08 AM
Sad news. A good bloke all round by all accounts.

Football does indeed come a distant second to life. RIP Jimmy.

Carheenlea
03-05-2022, 11:09 AM
Appears to be a very sudden death so will have come as a shock to those closest to him, and of course the wider Rangers community who counted him as one of their own.

Not many kit men will be known outside of their own clubs but couldn’t say that about Jimmy Bell. Obviously loved Rangers and to do the job he did for 30 years must have really been living the dream.

Chorley Hibee
03-05-2022, 01:32 PM
Sad news. A good bloke all round by all accounts.

Football does indeed come a distant second to life. RIP Jimmy.

A bigot who refused to lay kit out for Mo Johnston and reportedly advised Catholic players not to bless themselves.

Another one steeped in their culture.

wallpaperman
03-05-2022, 01:35 PM
I’ve never heard of him, sad news and awful shock for his family, but a bit of a strange thread for Hibs net, NHC or not.

HibsGW
03-05-2022, 01:46 PM
I’ve never heard of him, sad news and awful shock for his family, but a bit of a strange thread for Hibs net, NHC or not.

Agree, feel like this is dropped in expecting some controversial comments

Billy Whizz
03-05-2022, 01:47 PM
Just been announced he has past away. Didn’t think it was real at first but Rangers have released a statement in the last hour confirming the news. Shocked to be frank, unaware if he was in the dugout on Sunday but travelled to Germany midweek and hadn’t known of any reports he was in ill health. Thoughts to his family.

He was on the bench on Sunday

TelaStella
03-05-2022, 02:06 PM
Agree, feel like this is dropped in expecting some controversial comments

see below comment. Was just pointing out the news. Bell was a pretty controversial figure so if poster's see fit to comment on that it's hardly a surprise.

Fair enough if you've never heard of him. Rightly or wrongly he was a well established figure in both old and newco spanning back to the 1980's and had become a divisive figure in Scottish Football since. His death obviously came as quite a shock given the suddenness of it and I thought it might be worth sharing to a Scottish football forum, all be it a Hibs one.

Mick O'Rourke
03-05-2022, 02:07 PM
I would politely ask admin to remove this thread.
The man had form for being anti- Roman Catholic.
Former ranger Terry Butcher testified to that.
As a Hibernian Supporter and a Roman Catholic, i am not happy he has a dedicated thread on a Hibernian fans forum.

percy veer
03-05-2022, 02:10 PM
As a Hibernian Supporter and a Roman Catholic, i am not happy he has a dedicated thread on a Hibernian fans forum.

Correct

Since452
03-05-2022, 02:10 PM
I had absolutley no idea who he was until reading this thread. Sorry if it sounds harsh but is this not a Hibs forum?

Chorley Hibee
03-05-2022, 02:12 PM

Here, here!

Hard to believe such a recognised bigot would receive the glowing testimonies that I've read today.

Then again, this is Scotland.

Pretty Boy
03-05-2022, 02:13 PM
A loss to Rangers and his family obviously.

His refusal to join in a minutes applause for Jimmy Johnstone is my abiding memory of him.

He was a bigot who epitomised the worst about Rangers. I suppose there is an argument that if you can't say anything nice and all that but a condolence thread for this guy doesn't sit right with me.

I'd say RIP but that's a traditionally Catholic prayer so I'll refrain. You can call that my tribute.

Eaststand
03-05-2022, 02:27 PM
A loss to Rangers and his family obviously.

His refusal to join in a minutes applause for Jimmy Johnstone is my abiding memory of him.

He was a bigot who epitomised the worst about Rangers. I suppose there is an argument that if you can't say anything nice and all that but a condolence thread for this guy doesn't sit right with me.

I'd say RIP but that's a traditionally Catholic prayer so I'll refrain. You can call that my tribute.

Was that this guy ?

I don't know any of the backroom Huns names, but I do recall one of them refusing to applaud either Jimmy Johnstone or maybe Billy NcNeills passing.

As much as I sympathise with his families loss, if it definitely was this guy who refused to acknowledge the Celtic players passing, he surely can't be applauded in any way on this forum.

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
03-05-2022, 02:32 PM
Was that this guy ?

I don't know any of the backroom Huns names, but I recall one of them refusing to applaud either Jimmy Johnstone or maybe Billy NcNeills passing.

As much as I sympathise with his families loss, if it definitely was this guy who refused to acknowledge the Celtic players passing, he surely can't be applauded in any way on this forum.

GGTTH

Was definitely him and was definitely for Jimmy Johnstone. There's a photo of him next to Alex McLeish, Andy Watson, Kris Boyd and a few others. They are all clapping, he's standing with his hand clasped in front of him staring straight ahead.

H18 SFR
03-05-2022, 02:34 PM
Had the misfortune of meeting him on three separate occasions in a 'professional capacity', he really wasn't a nice person to be around in my personal opinion.

Cardinal G
03-05-2022, 02:40 PM

I totally agree with this comment, his bigotry was well recorded elsewhere.

SaulGoodman
03-05-2022, 02:42 PM
Sympathy for his family.

Can’t think of anything else nice to say so I’ll leave it at that.

Chorley Hibee
03-05-2022, 02:45 PM
Was that this guy ?

I don't know any of the backroom Huns names, but I do recall one of them refusing to applaud either Jimmy Johnstone or maybe Billy NcNeills passing.

GGTTH

Yes, that was him.

Well known for his bigotry and sectarianism and, as Pretty Boy said, synonymous with the poison that is Rangers.

I'll leave it at that.

TelaStella
03-05-2022, 02:48 PM

Catholic also btw and the thread isn’t intended to serve as a memorial to the guy, **** sake. It’s just a news story. If any poster wishes to rip into his bigoted life then that’s fine by me. Asking for the thread to be removed is a bit much.

Mick O'Rourke
03-05-2022, 03:06 PM
Catholic also btw and the thread isn’t intended to serve as a memorial to the guy, **** sake. It’s just a news story. If any poster wishes to rip into his bigoted life then that’s fine by me. Asking for the thread to be removed is a bit much.

Ok,Tela
You maybe did not know about this man's bigotry/past when you started the thread.
You do now.
Also the news of this man passing is well covered in the main stream media in Scotland today, and likely will be mentioned on Scottish tv/radio sports shows between now and the weekend.
No need for such condolences here for a bigot.And he didn't hide that he was .
The man would have detested our(Hibernian) very existence, for goodness sake.

Close the thread

Eaststand
03-05-2022, 03:17 PM
Ok Tela You maybe did not know about this man's bigotry/past when you started the thread
You do now.
Also the news of this man passing is well covered in the main stream media in Scotland today, and likely will be mention on Scottish tv/radio sports shows between now and the weekend.

Close the thread

I agree with you on this Mick

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2022, 03:23 PM
Sounds like a bigoted welt. World is probably better off.

HTD1875
03-05-2022, 03:34 PM
One less bigot going about.

Bostonhibby
03-05-2022, 03:36 PM
As a Hibernian Supporter and a Roman Catholic, i am not happy he has a dedicated thread on a Hibernian fans forum.This atheist agrees.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

One Day
03-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Ok,Tela
You maybe did not know about this man's bigotry/past when you started the thread.
You do now.
Also the news of this man passing is well covered in the main stream media in Scotland today, and likely will be mentioned on Scottish tv/radio sports shows between now and the weekend.

Close the thread

I agree with you

Mick O'Rourke
03-05-2022, 03:49 PM
This atheist agrees.

I used to be a lapsed atheist
But after getting door knocked by the salt lake city mob, i went back to being a lapsed Catholic
Makes it harder for them !!:greengrin

EVENTUALLY
03-05-2022, 03:51 PM
Ok,Tela
You do now.

Close the thread

I agree with you

So do I. Well said.

Bostonhibby
03-05-2022, 03:51 PM
I used to be a lapsed atheist
But after getting door knocked by the salt lake city mob, i went back to being a lapsed Catholic
Makes it harder for them !!:greengrinOnly time religion ever helps me is when the Jehovahs turn up, they dont seem to be able to handle my suddenly discovered Catholicism or Hinduism.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-05-2022, 04:00 PM
Last of the high profile kitmen? Obviously we had our own, but can't think of any other kitmen who anyone would recognise, or know their name. Should rename one of the ends at Ibrox in his honour...

Bostonhibby
03-05-2022, 04:15 PM
Last of the high profile kitmen? Obviously we had our own, but can't think of any other kitmen who anyone would recognise, or know their name. Should rename one of the ends at Ibrox in his honour...The Bellend has a certain thing to it?

Mcbizz1998
03-05-2022, 04:27 PM
Pretty classless comments on here in all honesty.

My condolences to Jimmy’s family and friends.

Carheenlea
03-05-2022, 04:27 PM
Saw on Twitter he was only 57? Thought he was much older.

This photo is a bit of a baffling one. Sums up the British grief culture post Princess of Wales. Other than attention seeking, quite why a Celtic fan would wear replica kit and embrace Rangers fans while laying tributes to a rival kit man is a bit of a head scratcher. The Old Firm are a strange lot.

https://i.postimg.cc/LsqMdTgq/78-BDCE2-F-AC74-4-B0-F-B7-FF-DD8749-EBFC2-C.jpg (https://postimg.cc/XZ0Pd983)

Sir David Gray
03-05-2022, 04:34 PM
Saw on Twitter he was only 57? Thought he was much older.

This photo is a bit of a baffling one. Sums up the British grief culture post Princess of Wales. Other than attention seeking, quite why a Celtic fan would wear replica kit and embrace Rangers fans while laying tributes to a rival kit man is a bit of a head scratcher. The Old Firm are a strange lot.

https://i.postimg.cc/LsqMdTgq/78-BDCE2-F-AC74-4-B0-F-B7-FF-DD8749-EBFC2-C.jpg (https://postimg.cc/XZ0Pd983)

He was 69.

Heckys Wheel
03-05-2022, 04:36 PM
Pretty classless comments on here in all honesty.

My condolences to Jimmy’s family and friends.

Sitting here shaking my head at some of the responses to a loss of life.

As you say, classless.

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Sitting here shaking my head at some of the responses to a loss of life.

As you say, classless.

Echoed. Not sure I have read such a reaction to someone's death on here.

HoboHarry
03-05-2022, 04:49 PM
The Bellend has a certain thing to it?

Good grief man, was that really necessary?

Bostonhibby
03-05-2022, 04:53 PM
Good grief man, was that really necessary?With hindsight you're right but there are figures some of us struggle with and it seems he is one of them.

Since452
03-05-2022, 04:54 PM
Last of the high profile kitmen? Obviously we had our own, but can't think of any other kitmen who anyone would recognise, or know their name. Should rename one of the ends at Ibrox in his honour...

I see what you did there.

Green_one
03-05-2022, 04:54 PM
He was 69.

Next someone will suggest we clap on 69 minutes

Rangers can mourn this guy. Fair enough. No idea why we would mark his passing. This thread is just a disaster in the making. Well done owner and admins.

OldEast
03-05-2022, 05:02 PM
Certainly not someone all Scottish football would respect. I'd agree a Hibs forum maybe not the place. Can see it's causing disagreements already.

Steve20
03-05-2022, 05:05 PM
Seems we have some horrible people in our own support, going by the disgraceful comments on here. A man who had a family has died. If you have nothing but vile to comment, then maybe don't comment at all.

The thread title was pretty clear what it was about. Asking for it to be removed was pathetic as well.

Carheenlea
03-05-2022, 05:22 PM
He was 69.

That sounds a bit more like it right enough. Who’d have thought Twitter headlines could be unreliable..?

Silky
03-05-2022, 05:28 PM
He was 69.

Missed the 1 at the start and the 0 at the end!

Broken Gnome
03-05-2022, 05:35 PM
Seems we have some horrible people in our own support, going by the disgraceful comments on here. A man who had a family has died. If you have nothing but vile to comment, then maybe don't comment at all.

The thread title was pretty clear what it was about. Asking for it to be removed was pathetic as well.

I thought it was actually going pretty well, compared to say its equivalent on Kickback or Follow Follow.

Like a majority of considered disrespect rather than outright bile.

WestStandWillie
03-05-2022, 05:40 PM
Met him a few times. You didn’t stay in his company for longer than you had to lets just say.

Condolences to his family.

Mikey
03-05-2022, 05:44 PM
What was his background, did he originally come from Edinburgh? I knew a Jimmy Bell in the late 70's and he would probably be around the same age.

cabbageandribs1875
03-05-2022, 05:45 PM
Ok,Tela
You do now.

Close the thread

this :agree:

Mick O'Rourke
03-05-2022, 05:46 PM
Missed the 1 at the start and the 0 at the end!

:greengrin

HNA2
03-05-2022, 06:08 PM
this ones not going to go well. Best closed

The Captain....
03-05-2022, 06:08 PM
As a Hibernian Supporter and a Roman Catholic, i am not happy he has a dedicated thread on a Hibernian fans forum.Totally agree...a bigot thru and thru.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk