PDA

View Full Version : Ben kensall C.E.O

tonyrougier123
03-05-2022, 12:18 AM
It’s about time serious discussions about this guy running the club are debated by supporters.
I feel a lot of bad decisions are being made in his stewardship of key areas at the club.
The sportmon go situation,the hiring and firing of managers.player recruitment and just recruitment in general.
Also the unforgivable use of transfer funds to buy two youngsters with reportedly a significant amount whilst the first team is and was in need of freshening up.

Also on that deal and I am speculating that it was in reports, those deals were done with an ex colleague or friend who now works with bodo/glimt?

Can we be confident this guy has what it takes to make really important decisions over the next month as to how we move forward after an abysmal spell under the new regime.

It feels like another crossroads in time for hibs and much rather we had some real connection with how this plays out.

Do we as supporters still have boardroom representation?if we do are they enjoying their comfortable seats? Because I don’t hear/see any input for the supporters of our club having a voice on just about any issues at Easter road.

My main message for the board/owner right now is,we as supporters need a couple big wins inside the club to be convinced we are still heading the right direction.
We also acknowledge that you as the custodians of our club understand that things have not been great,hiring and firing managers/coaches will not paper over the cracks and the support is beginning to see through such actions.
Please address at least some of the issues the fans have,would like to see the results of the questionnaire you put out?
Did you manage to pull out any key issues in that you will be looking to address in the near future?
Fans behind the goals?pricing?squad investment?
Communication with the support could be to all our benefit.

ErinGoBraghHFC
03-05-2022, 12:21 AM
No issue spending 800k on future prospects… so long as there is money spent to bring the first team up to scratch as well. I’m a bit scunnered with hibs at the minute, not even angry just numb. And that’s more worrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baader
03-05-2022, 12:30 AM
It’s about time serious discussions about this guy running the club are debated by supporters.
I feel a lot of bad decisions are being made in his stewardship of key areas at the club.
The sportmon go situation,the hiring and firing of managers.player recruitment and just recruitment in general.
Also the unforgivable use of transfer funds to buy two youngsters with reportedly around 800k whilst the first team is and was in need of freshening up.

Also on that deal and I am speculating that it was in reports, those deals were done with an ex colleague or friend who now works with bodo/glimt?

Can we be confident this guy has what it takes to make really important decisions over the next month as to how we move forward after an abysmal spell under the new regime.

It feels like another crossroads in time for hibs and much rather we had some real connection with how this plays out.

Do we as supporters still have boardroom representation?if we do are they enjoying their comfortable seats? Because I don’t hear/see any input for the supporters of our club having a voice on just about any issues at Easter road.

My main message for the board/owner right now is,we as supporters need a couple big wins inside the club to be convinced we are still heading the right direction.
We also acknowledge that you as the custodians of our club understand that things have not been great,hiring and firing managers/coaches will not paper over the cracks and the support is beginning to see through such actions.
Please address at least some of the issues the fans have,would like to see the results of the questionnaire you put out?
Did you manage to pull out any key issues in that you will be looking to address in the near future?

Alarm bells ringing here too over this guy. Know a couple of Norwich fans and the feedback isn't exactly good... We seem to be getting more wrong than right just now. Very concerned. The club have a lot of decisions to get right ahead of next season.

tonyrougier123
03-05-2022, 12:32 AM
No issue spending 800k on future prospects… so long as there is money spent to bring the first team up to scratch as well. I’m a bit scunnered with hibs at the minute, not even angry just numb. And that’s more worrying.

If we had made at least a couple tangible signings over the last two windows I’d no issues with future signings at those fees.
Unfortunately if the present first team doesn’t have good transfer dealings how can we be sure signing youngsters at that kind of price will bring fruition to the squad.

Like yourself all a bit numbing just now.

We waited for mueller with all the hype of a marquee signing and he’s off after 4 months.

Terrible state of affairs,when did a signing last have a positive outcome for the team rather than one/two decent games.

ErinGoBraghHFC
03-05-2022, 12:35 AM
If we had made at least a couple tangible signings over the last two windows I’d no issues with future signings at those fees.
Unfortunately if the present first team doesn’t have good transfer dealings how can we be sure signing youngsters at that kind of price will bring fruition to the squad.

Like yourself all a bit numbing just now.

We waited for mueller with all the hype of a marquee signing and he’s off after 4 months.

Terrible state of affairs,when did a signing last have a positive outcome for the team rather than one/two decent games.

The answer to your question is McGinn. Depressing times.

Paul1642
03-05-2022, 12:47 AM

Which McGinn are you referring to? Surely not John

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2022, 04:33 AM

If you mean John, definitely not. We've had many good signings since him

loanheadhibby
03-05-2022, 04:47 AM
If you mean John, definitely not. We've had many good signings since him
Not sure we have and please don't name Doidge as one of them.
He's been a disaster this season.

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2022, 04:54 AM

Okay, I won't name Doidge despite him unquestionably being a good player for us

You do realise we've sign guys like marciano, ambrose, mcgregor, and Allan since then? You just look extremely dumb if you think John McGinn was our last good signing who done well for more than a few games. There is a good argument that his brother is one.

JammyDoidger
03-05-2022, 05:02 AM
This guy is the biggest problem, chancer. Him, Ian and Ron Gordon have made a right erse of things lately. That 3m we got for Boyle. We are going to need to spend every single penny of that in the summer to be in the running for a European spot. Can't believe we are in this position right now tbh. Sickening.

Since452
03-05-2022, 05:17 AM
This guy is the biggest problem, chancer. Him, Ian and Ron Gordon have made a right erse of things lately. That 3m we got for Boyle. We are going to need to spend every single penny of that in the summer to be in the running for a European spot. Can't believe we are in this position right now tbh. Sickening.

Ian and Ben down in London last week tasked with finding a manager. Shudder to think who we're going to end up with.

ozwoody
03-05-2022, 06:04 AM
Ian and Ben down in London last week tasked with finding a manager. Shudder to think who we're going to end up with.

Totally agree, these were the guys that got rid of Ross, Mathie, and made a few staunch Hibs people like Sue move on, plus brought in SM and a bunch of sub par signings.The silence from BK since Maloney left has been deafening.
We now have them in London interviewing for our third manager in a season.Can we honestly say we trust them to make the correct choice , based on their track record this season?

truehibernian
03-05-2022, 06:08 AM
I don’t like him, I don’t trust him, and he’s not personable or charismatic enough to convince me he’s got the acumen to turn things round.

I’m thoroughly unconvinced by Ron Gordon too, which is far more worrying. I’m continuing my HSL contributions but definitely not getting a season book this time around. I simply don’t trust him. That’s where I am with the club right now, very sad to say.

JimBHibees
03-05-2022, 06:11 AM
I don’t like him, I don’t trust him, and he’s not personable or charismatic enough to convince me he’s got the acumen to turn things round.

I’m thoroughly unconvinced by Ron Gordon too, which is far more worrying. I’m continuing my HSL contributions but definitely not getting a season book this time around. I simply don’t trust him. That’s where I am with the club right now, very sad to say.

Do you have a lot of dealings with him? Have listened to a number of interviews and thought he spoke pretty well and seemed capable enough

Brizo
03-05-2022, 06:13 AM

If that's the case then its extremely worrying that it would be entrusted to two people who have minimal ( and that's being generous) knowledge of Scottish football.

Kensell is a suit and a suntan, a salesman who at the moment is in football but could be in any type of corporate job where its mainly style over substance. When he moves on to his next gig in 2 or 3 years he won't give us a second thought.

While Gordon has given assurances that Gordon juniors recruitment role isn't identifying players if he has been tasked with identifying a manager would be an even more potentially disastrous move. Whatever his exact role is he's bound to have an unmerited and undue influence being Rons laddie.

Jones28
03-05-2022, 06:13 AM

Chris Cadden.

JimBHibees
03-05-2022, 06:15 AM
Chris Cadden.

Ewan Henderson and Clarke are good signings imo.

truehibernian
03-05-2022, 06:17 AM
Do you have a lot of dealings with him? Have listened to a number of interviews and thought he spoke pretty well and seemed capable enough

None Jim, just gut instinct and certain things RG has said that are wrong in my opinion and totally misreading the room for want of a better phrase.

The decision making at the club top to bottom is very poor. I think they’ve underestimated Scottish football, the club, the support, and come into things very naively- only my own subjective opinion mate, and a couple of things I hear from those close to the club. That of course is speculation, so I’ll await and see if they pan out.

JimBHibees
03-05-2022, 06:23 AM
None Jim, just gut instinct and certain things RG has said that are wrong in my opinion and totally misreading the room for want of a better phrase.

The decision making at the club top to bottom is very poor. I think they’ve underestimated Scottish football, the club, the support, and come into things very naively- only my own subjective opinion mate, and a couple of things I hear from those close to the club. That of course is speculation, so I’ll await and see if they pan out.

Ok fair enough :aok:

Certainly not in a good current position however hopefully a decent managerial appointment turns that round though the level of negativity towards the club seems to me bordering on hysterical at present which isn't healthy imo.

Callum_62
03-05-2022, 07:00 AM
I joked before but the fact Ben came with a tan has seemed to label him as some dodgy slick chancer

What has he actually done to get this label?

Make a poor managerial appointment?

Has be contributed nothing positive? I'm. Assuming our revenue going from Motherwell levels to nearer Hearts level is from input from him?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

bigwheel
03-05-2022, 07:06 AM
Where is Ben K ? Not heard a peep from him, since before Maloney was sacked…..k

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since452
03-05-2022, 07:08 AM

Was in London with Ian Gordon last week. Hopefully nursing a sore arse from Ron booting it. I'd imagine he'll be interviewing this week.

tonyrougier123
03-05-2022, 07:19 AM

There was a video put out by hibs about a month before maloney got the chop.
Ben kensall spoke at length about maloney,high praise for his ethos,and talked about the process in getting him in as manager.
It’s a fairly rousing interview to be honest,he says he’s a winner he wants to win.
All sounds positive.
Problem is it’s not translating to the club,it needs to take a dramatic swift improvement under his watch.
Obviously would be nice if this lad can figure it all out.
I just feel some pretty bad decisions have been made already in less than one year of his directorship of hibs.

Edinburgh Green
03-05-2022, 08:13 AM
Also the unforgivable use of transfer funds to buy two youngsters with reportedly around 800k whilst the first team is and was in need of freshening up.

Who are the 2 youngsters that cost £800k? Melkerson at £350k and.....?

Coco Bryce
03-05-2022, 08:14 AM

Runar Hauge? :confused:

tonyrougier123
03-05-2022, 08:25 AM

You know the players I’m referring too.
do you know the real figure we payed? Or the reported one.
Did club confirm how much we payed?
Im sure I seen 450k to 500k for one and 250k for another.
Ofcourse the real point I was making is it was a significant amount whilst we needed players first team ready for that kind of money.

Carheenlea
03-05-2022, 08:43 AM
Don’t really know enough about him to make an honest opinion, and that he has been at Hibs for almost a year makes that quite telling.

It’s not that I distrust him as such, but more so that he hasn’t offered much indication that trust is merited.

Edinburgh Green
03-05-2022, 08:43 AM
Ofcourse the real point I was making is it was a significant amount whilst we needed players first team ready for that kind of money.

I genuinely have no clue who your referring to apart from Melkerson. No one has confirmed the price however Norwegian press were claiming it to be between 4-5M Norwegian Krone.

I agree with your last point, its all good spending money on youngsters for the future but that should only be a fraction of the 1st team budget.

SlickShoes
03-05-2022, 08:47 AM
I don't like person, he is bad, because of some reasons I have completely made up.

This forum is an unmoderated mess, we have threads like this all over the place just slinging mud at anyone involved at hibs, and Admins saying our owner is a liar that just get locked and never addressed.

sleeping giant
03-05-2022, 08:48 AM
I don't like person, he is bad, because of some reasons I have completely made up.

This forum is an unmoderated mess, we have threads like this all over the place just slinging mud at anyone involved at hibs, and Admins saying our owner is a liar that just get locked and never addressed.

:agree:

Mental

flash
03-05-2022, 08:49 AM

So you were making a point by lying.
A career in politics awaits.

Hibernian Verse
03-05-2022, 08:51 AM

Most of the posts on here are lies these days. As above, an unmoderated mess. Couldn't have put it better. Used to be a safe haven from Twitter & Facebook but just as bad now.

Heisenberg
03-05-2022, 08:52 AM

Thought that was a bit off too tbf. Drop in that the owners a liar, lock the thread and let it sit there.

Jones28
03-05-2022, 08:59 AM
Thought that was a bit off too tbf. Drop in that the owners a liar, lock the thread and let it sit there.

tonyrougier123
03-05-2022, 09:08 AM

😂you’ve fair cheered me up with this post slick.
You do realise no one makes you post replies on here?

Should I ban myself from .net for discussing the club?

What would you like to discuss instead?start your own thread.
Maybe I will have some constructive input to your opinion on hibs or maybe I won’t.
☝🏻This is called choice.

i would also like to know what about my original post is “mud slinging” in your opinion.
☝🏻This is also taking an interest in others opinions instead of wanting to silence others.

I promise I will acknowledge and respect your opinions on all subject matters.

tonyrougier123
03-05-2022, 09:33 AM

No the first time I’ve heard that one😂.
Does anyone know the real figures we payed?
Or the reported figures?
Wish I’d put allegedly payed roughly payed.

As I alluded to in a previous post for the sake of petty nit picking,we can probably agree it was a significant amount of money spent when the the first team needed those funds in my humble probably wrong(on here) opinion.

As a fan, a supporter, a contributor to hibs I am entitled to a wrong or right opinion,some folk need to accept not everyone will agree on most things,it’s evident everyday on here.

But the petty replies from some folk splitting hairs is really funny to me.

If I don’t agree I either swerve the conversation or read it and feel I could constructively add to this piece ,maybe shine a different light on the agenda.

I certainly don’t dismiss people for having an opinion as some on here would do if they could.

SlickShoes
03-05-2022, 09:48 AM
No the first time I’ve heard that one😂.
Does anyone know the real figures we payed?
Or the reported figures?
Wish I’d put allegedly payed roughly payed.

As I alluded to in a previous post for the sake of petty nit picking,we can probably agree it was a significant amount of money spent when the the first team needed those funds in my humble probably wrong(on here) opinion.

As a fan, a supporter, a contributor to hibs I am entitled to a wrong or right opinion,some folk need to accept not everyone will agree on most things,it’s evident everyday on here.

But the petty replies from some folk splitting hairs is really funny to me.

If I don’t agree I either swerve the conversation or read it and feel I could constructively add to this piece ,maybe shine a different light on the agenda.

I certainly don’t dismiss people for having an opinion as some on here would do if they could.

If we are talking January, the funds were there for the first team but the players available were not what we wanted to spend that money on, the people involved have said this multiple times now.

BlackSheep
03-05-2022, 09:57 AM

I seem to remember a load of Where is Leeann threads when she was here too......

My humble opinion is that you need to break a few eggs to make an omelette, unfortunately our support dint seem to have the patience.

tonyrougier123
03-05-2022, 10:17 AM
If we are talking January, the funds were there for the first team but the players available were not what we wanted to spend that money on, the people involved have said this multiple times now.

Well taking that into consideration,what if the players we want are never available to us?

Do we keep convincing ourselves we’ve done well on transfers when we haven’t slick?or does it then become a “you will do” instead loan?we know all too well they rarely work.

If we drop the ball on these issues we allow our competitors to steal a March on us,this season has been very representative of that outcome.

I don’t have the answers myself just an opinion on the business we do conduct,and surely we can agree it’s not brought the desired minimum outcome this season?

It also has not filled the stands slick,should we expect better performance all round?
I think yes we should without doubt.

If your targets are not available we need to have a better plan B.
Because we have not properly addressed the positions of concern for a while and I’m talking purely of players coming in.

For the most part it feels most of the business we do is patchwork,and that is selling the supporters short.

A centre back was needed we signed rocky,fair enough.
But it was a loan deal.

I’d like to see us be as willing to buy for the first team as we have for the development side.

The exposure in the first team might actually be more beneficial if we expect to move players on for a fee.

happiehibbie
03-05-2022, 10:28 AM
I do not think RG and his team will be spending huge amounts on corporate hospitality if they are not going to put a team on the pitch. Unless there is anyone else wanting to come in and spend there money then come on down. STF did not spend his money, what he did was made a fortune from the assets of the club Butterfly land is just one example.

I actually like the way RG speaks he does not suffer fools obviously.

JR football was poor but he manage to get us to cup finals we all moaned he got the sack

SM OMG his football was awful from the beginning

Sioux
03-05-2022, 10:55 AM

So why didn't you say a 'significant amount' instead of making up a figure to suit your argument?

It's a common theme on here, unfortunately.

Scotty Leither
03-05-2022, 10:56 AM

Which brings it right back round to the question has Gordon has continually swerved: If there was no adequate replacements out there for Boyle, and we had no fit forwards beyond a 19-year old laddie signed for the future, why was Boyle sold?

Somebody on another thread said that in selling Boyle and not replacing him the club effectively wrote the season off, and it's hard to disagree with that, but our owner did call it a "good window", so who are we to question his infinite wisdom?

Aim Here
03-05-2022, 11:03 AM
Which brings it right back round to the question has Gordon has continually swerved: If there was no adequate replacements out there for Boyle, and we had no fit forwards beyond a 19-year old laddie signed for the future, why was Boyle sold?

Somebody on another thread said that in selling Boyle and not replacing him the club effectively wrote the season off, and it's hard to disagree with that, but our owner did call it a "good window", so who are we to question his infinite wisdom?

The answer to your question is pretty straightforward. As well as Henderson, we had two fit forwards when Boyle was sold - Nisbet and Doidge. They're both unable to play now, but they were both playing after the end of the January window.

tonyrougier123
03-05-2022, 11:19 AM
So why didn't you say a 'significant amount' instead of making up a figure to suit your argument?

It's a common theme on here, unfortunately.

Fixed that 👍🏻

Brightside
03-05-2022, 11:25 AM
I do not think RG and his team will be spending huge amounts on corporate hospitality if they are not going to put a team on the pitch. Unless there is anyone else wanting to come in and spend there money then come on down. STF did not spend his money, what he did was made a fortune from the assets of the club Butterfly land is just one example.

JR football was poor but he manage to get us to cup finals we all moaned he got the sack

The people buying this massively increased tickets for hospitality will pay for all that. There is no Ron investment in this. Everything will be covered by the huge increase in revenue.

18Craig75
03-05-2022, 11:32 AM
The people buying this massively increased tickets for hospitality will pay for all that. There is no Ron investment in this. Everything will be covered by the huge increase in revenue.

Needs funded initially and well before you start to see a return though.

SaulGoodman
03-05-2022, 11:36 AM

It gets worse by the day.

Vault Boy
03-05-2022, 12:05 PM

You've complained about too many threads, but also about one being closed. It's a difficult line to tread.

Moderate too much and we're inhibiting free speech. Moderate too little and it's an unmoderated mess. It's simply not possible to please everyone all of the time.

There's a lot of strong viewpoints flying around at the moment, such is the nature of football when a team is struggling. Everyone is going to be reading posts that they passionately disagree with. That's fine. As long as we keep it relatively civil and within the forum rules, folk will write their piece.

If you think something breaks the rules or needs addressed, please report it.

Billy Whizz
03-05-2022, 12:11 PM
Needs funded initially and well before you start to see a return though.

Aren’t Bydand loaning Hibs money. Think it was in the announcement of the registration of charge last month

The Tubs
03-05-2022, 12:27 PM

This must be another of these lies/bad memory cases. This land didn't belong to Hibs. Farmer wanted to buy and develop it but, according to the man himself, our Hibs-friendly council blocked his proposal.

Correction: after viewing the link, I see that the shady council did even allow him to make a proposal.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12237724.council-apologises-in-hibs-fiascosir-tom-farmers-stadium-plans-excluded-from-bidding-process-for-land-crucial-to-redevelopment/

(https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12237724.council-apologises-in-hibs-fiascosir-tom-farmers-stadium-plans-excluded-from-bidding-process-for-land-crucial-to-redevelopment/)

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2022, 12:29 PM
Aren’t Bydand loaning Hibs money. Think it was in the announcement of the registration of charge last month

Pretty sure it wasn't.

Think people have jumped to the conclusion that RG is paying for the West Stand work. That might be the case, but it's not been announced.

FTAOd, the registration of a charge doesn't mean that money is being lent. There have been similar charges in place since RG arrived, and (AFAIK) there have been no loans.

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2022, 12:31 PM

OFFS this again?

Think this is covered by a post in the vault. If not.... Cav, you're on. :rolleyes:

loanheadhibby
03-05-2022, 12:40 PM
Okay, I won't name Doidge despite him unquestionably being a good player for us

You do realise we've sign guys like marciano, ambrose, mcgregor, and Allan since then? You just look extremely dumb if you think John McGinn was our last good signing who done well for more than a few games. There is a good argument that his brother is one.
Fair point but perhaps I'm looking for a slightly higher standard of player than you.
When John McGinn leaves us I will remember him most for conceding Hearts pen in their semi final win against us and for giving away the 1st goal in the semi v Hearts last month.
Deary me if John McGinn is classed as a good signing we are in trouble.
I realise that with me being dumb my knowledge of a player isn't as high ad yours.

Baader
03-05-2022, 12:41 PM
Fair point but perhaps I'm looking for a slightly higher standard of player than you.
When John McGinn leaves us I will remember him most for conceding Hearts pen in their semi final win against us and for giving away the 1st goal in the semi v Hearts last month.
I realise that with me being dumb my knowledge of a player isn't as high ad yours.

Think you mean Paul McGinn...

easty
03-05-2022, 12:42 PM

Not remembering who John McGinn is, should be worthy of a ban from the site 😂

Callum_62
03-05-2022, 12:43 PM

Your last sentence is wholly true based on what you have written above it

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Smartie
03-05-2022, 12:44 PM

Eh?

Billy Whizz
03-05-2022, 01:00 PM
Pretty sure it wasn't.

Think people have jumped to the conclusion that RG is paying for the West Stand work. That might be the case, but it's not been announced.

FTAOd, the registration of a charge doesn't mean that money is being lent. There have been similar charges in place since RG arrived, and (AFAIK) there have been no loans.

My apologies then, I could have sworn that Bydand were loaning Hibs 4% about BOE base rate
I’ll bow to your superiority on this😀

Edinburgh Green
03-05-2022, 01:03 PM

Evidently

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2022, 01:04 PM
My apologies then, I could have sworn that Bydand were loaning Hibs 4% about BOE base rate
I’ll bow to your superiority on this😀

That's the rate they will charge if they actually lend. Again, not saying they won't, but there's no explicit evidence that they will.

WhileTheChief..
03-05-2022, 01:09 PM
What's getting done to the west stand? Is it just refurbishing the hospitality suites?

Billy Whizz
03-05-2022, 01:14 PM
What's getting done to the west stand? Is it just refurbishing the hospitality suites?

Think they invited some of the fans who have a corporate season ticket to an event last month
Well out of my league this😀

hibee-boys
03-05-2022, 01:16 PM

I wouldn’t mind a few more signings like John McGinn🤔😂

BoomtownHibees
03-05-2022, 01:29 PM

You’ve had a shocker

happiehibbie
03-05-2022, 01:43 PM

I golfed yesterday with someone who has these tickets and can well afford it he has said not going down to well he renewed because he wants to keep his seats !

I hope it works as it means Hibs are doing well

JohnM1875
03-05-2022, 01:45 PM

Is it not something like a 40% increase? Crazy if so.

Lendo
03-05-2022, 01:53 PM

I didn’t think it was possible for your eyes to bleed from reading a forum post, but turns out I was wrong.

happiehibbie
03-05-2022, 01:55 PM

send me a email account I will send you the brochere

SaulGoodman
03-05-2022, 02:08 PM

I can only assume that more people are day drinking these days.

Smartie
03-05-2022, 02:09 PM

My brother had asked me about the crazy price increase, assuming that my seat in the East had gone up to £1875.

I suggested that the person he had been speaking to probably had a fancy hospitality package over in the West, that the number was probably of some sort of significance, and you could see it dawn on the stupid wee git's face that prices weren't in fact that much throughout the ground.

Since452
03-05-2022, 02:16 PM

Have i had a stroke or something? I'm not understanding this.

SlickShoes
03-05-2022, 02:20 PM

I have been getting unnecessarily angry at this forum the last few days but this post has really cheered me up, the reactions to it and the fact every time I read it making me laugh has been fantastic! :top marks

easty
03-05-2022, 02:21 PM
send me a email account I will send you the brochere

I’d like to see that too if you could send it over to [email protected]. 👍

Pretty Boy
03-05-2022, 02:25 PM

The thread was unlocked and has been addressed.

Let's be honest we can't win. If we as individuals criticise the club we are part of the problem and are deliberately driving a wedge between the club and fans. If we defend the club, which happens far more often than the former, we are sycophants who are on the clubs payroll and being worked from behind by the board.

If you think you can do a better job give one of us a shout. I'll happily give you my admin log in for a few weeks, I'm sure you'll be able to sort this place out in no time.

SlickShoes
03-05-2022, 02:33 PM
The thread was unlocked and has been addressed.

Let's be honest we can't win. If we as individuals criticise the club we are part of the problem and are deliberately driving a wedge between the club and fans. If we defend the club, which happens far more often than the former, we are sycophants who are on the clubs payroll and being worked from behind by the board.

If you think you can do a better job give one of us a shout. I'll happily give you my admin log in for a few weeks, I'm sure you'll be able to sort this place out in no time.

I definitely do not want your job haha been there and done that, never want to do it again.

I think everyone has been getting a bit carried away with things because nothing appears to be going right, my issue was just that nothing was addressed and the thread was locked without even a message, but it's been sorted now and it's fine.

Is It On....
03-05-2022, 02:33 PM

He is coming back from a terrible injury so it's hardly his fault. His worst period in a Hibs shirt was when Heckingbottom insisted in playing him as a lone striker. Since that was rectified with getting rid of Heckingbottom, he has been a consistent scorer for us. Fingers crossed that a good pre-season will see him back to full fitness.

OldEast
03-05-2022, 02:35 PM
I have been getting unnecessarily angry at this forum the last few days but this post has really cheered me up, the reactions to it and the fact every time I read it making me laugh has been fantastic! :top marks

Oh I don't know, opinions eh! The guy made a mistake, got the wrong McGinn then people jump in one after the other trying to outdo each other in the piss take game. Anyone with an ounce of sense knew what he meant and could have argued his take on Paul McGinn. Anything else comes across as childish attention seeking but that's social media I suppose.

SaulGoodman
03-05-2022, 03:03 PM
Oh I don't know, opinions eh! The guy made a mistake, got the wrong McGinn then people jump in one after the other trying to outdo each other in the piss take game. Anyone with an ounce of sense knew what he meant and could have argued his take on Paul McGinn. Anything else comes across as childish attention seeking but that's social media I suppose.

It’s no that deep

Mrimbetween
03-05-2022, 03:12 PM

I think a fair chunk of that cash would have been used to pay off wo Management's

If true and i dont see why not where will the money come from for a new Manager/Players coming in ??

ST sales, Poor show so far

Ron, hope so

Fans chipping in, certainly a help

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2022, 03:32 PM

Yikes

I'll remember Paul for playing every week in a good side last season. I try to focus on positives rather than one negative. Same as I think if Doidge as the quality player he's been the majority of his time here, rather than him struggling to recover from injury.

Ambrose and Marciano were every bit as good at their jobs as John McGinn was here, so it's nothing to do with standard of player. Just you talking mince imo.

Smartie
03-05-2022, 03:40 PM
Yikes

I'll remember Paul for playing every week in a good side last season. I try to focus on positives rather than one negative. Same as I think if Doidge as the quality player he's been the majority of his time here, rather than him struggling to recover from injury.

Ambrose and Marciano were every bit as good at their jobs as John McGinn was here, so it's nothing to do with standard of player. Just you talking mince imo.

Paul McGinn has been an excellent player for us, and he was a huge part of a very efficient back line the year we finished 3rd.

I hope he gets kept on and I just wish he was 10 years younger.

Brightside
03-05-2022, 04:25 PM

Yes. And the club has normally business banking in place that alllows investment assuming return. Ron isn’t upgrading rooms form his own cash. This is the Pony Up that he talked about. If you want better we will all have to pay for it.

Brightside
03-05-2022, 04:29 PM

A lot more than that. Don’t think they have even officially announced the prices. Basically if you need to ask you can’t afford them. :greengrin I’ll stick to my wee plastic seat.

Brightside
03-05-2022, 04:31 PM
My brother had asked me about the crazy price increase, assuming that my seat in the East had gone up to £1875.

I suggested that the person he had been speaking to probably had a fancy hospitality package over in the West, that the number was probably of some sort of significance, and you could see it dawn on the stupid wee git's face that prices weren't in fact that much throughout the ground.

You don’t even get free pints with that. 😂

ancient hibee
03-05-2022, 04:37 PM
No.I think it’s a response to a poster who constantly attacks the club.

Davy Mac
03-05-2022, 04:47 PM
Also the unforgivable use of transfer funds to buy two youngsters with reportedly a significant amount whilst the first team is and was in need of freshening up.

I don't mind a CEO using his connections as long as it fits in with our governance.

No governance, no process, creates mistrust in my opinion.

loanheadhibby
03-05-2022, 08:50 PM
Think you mean Paul McGinn...

Yes sorry I did of course mean Paul.

Mikey
04-05-2022, 03:46 AM
Yes sorry I did of course mean Paul.

So it's ok for you to make a mistake, but not Paul.....

Libby Hibby
04-05-2022, 05:26 AM

👏 👏 👏

happiehibbie
04-05-2022, 08:07 AM
I’d like to see that too if you could send it over to [email protected]. 👍

sent

dp00
04-05-2022, 11:47 AM
Question that could be asked of him at the moment is ….. Where is he ? Not been seen for ages ?

loanheadhibby
04-05-2022, 01:43 PM
My mistake not as costly as Paul's in huge matches v Hearts at Hampden.
A lot of our fans including yourself I presume are surprisingly forgiving when it comes to these incidents.
Of course every player makes mistakes but I feel average players careers are defined by games against their local rivals.
For example Paul McGinn in the Hearts semi finals and Kevin Nisbet missing a late penalty at Hampden.
Can you tell me the last Hearts player to make a bad mistake in a Derby to give us victory.

KWJ
04-05-2022, 02:29 PM
A lot of our fans including yourself I presume are surprisingly forgiving when it comes to these incidents.
Of course every player makes mistakes but I feel average players careers are defined by games against their local rivals.
For example Paul McGinn in the Hearts semi finals and Kevin Nisbet missing a late penalty at Hampden.
Can you tell me the last Hearts player to make a bad mistake in a Derby to give us victory.

The last time we beat them, Damour was robbed by Allan to set up Boyle again. Sadly that was 2019 :bitchy:

All players have a mistake in them, felt horrible for Daz that it was him who cost us Europe this season. The start of the slide that this crappy season has been unfortunately.

Brightside
04-05-2022, 02:48 PM

You’ll struggle to ever enjoy football if you cant handle the fact they make mistakes. Especially at this level. It’s a strange attitude to always look for the negatives with our own players. The fans of the team you obsess over don’t seem to do that.

Tommy75
04-05-2022, 02:59 PM
Paul McGinn has been an excellent player for us, and he was a huge part of a very efficient back line the year we finished 3rd.

I hope he gets kept on and I just wish he was 10 years younger.

He's been steady but come on, excellent?

SlickShoes
04-05-2022, 03:00 PM
Question that could be asked of him at the moment is ….. Where is he ? Not been seen for ages ?

Probably doing his job? should he be posting on the forums or appearing on TV?

bigwheel
04-05-2022, 03:02 PM
Probably doing his job? should he be posting on the forums or appearing on TV?

Is communicating and engaging with fans not part of his job ?

SlickShoes
04-05-2022, 03:16 PM
Is communicating and engaging with fans not part of his job ?

What do you want him to say?

We had the interviews with Ron which sort of covers what Ben may normally have done, he should be working his socks off to find a manager as well as whatever else he does. He doesn't have to be seen publicly to be working.

bigwheel
04-05-2022, 03:18 PM
What do you want him to say?

We had the interviews with Ron which sort of covers what Ben may normally have done, he should be working his socks off to find a manager as well as whatever else he does. He doesn't have to be seen publicly to be working.

Or for me to say , but one thing I’m sure of, is saying nothing and going MIA is not the action of a leader ..

Perhaps he could come out and underline the strategy , acknowledge some learning , build up our confidence …..

You said he was doing his job - I was pointing out that communication and engaging is a core part of his job

loanheadhibby
04-05-2022, 03:20 PM
You’ll struggle to ever enjoy football if you cant handle the fact they make mistakes. Especially at this level. It’s a strange attitude to always look for the negatives with our own players. The fans of the team you obsess over don’t seem to do that.
I am a huge Hibs fan and the games against the team I obsess over are our biggest rivals.
As a pal said to me recently we are already over these two defeats to our city rivals and that's why they continually run over the top of us.
Not always but far too much for my liking.

SlickShoes
04-05-2022, 03:36 PM
Or for me to say , but one thing I’m sure of, is saying nothing and going MIA is not the action of a leader ..

Perhaps he could come out and underline the strategy , acknowledge some learning , build up our confidence …..

You said he was doing his job - I was pointing out that communication and engaging is a core part of his job

What is there to say before getting a manager in? Ron has covered everything else, anything Ben comes out and says is useless at this point.

bigwheel
04-05-2022, 03:41 PM
What is there to say before getting a manager in? Ron has covered everything else, anything Ben comes out and says is useless at this point.

You’re just justifying him being missing…he’s got lots of things he could say and answer…talking about the process would be interesting for example…regardless, in times of trouble, CEOs don’t cease communication that’s for sure…

CropleyWasGod
04-05-2022, 03:47 PM
You’re just justifying him being missing…he’s got lots of things he could say and answer…talking about the process would be interesting for example…regardless, in times of trouble, CEOs don’t cease communication that’s for sure…

Is he missing? Last I read, he was touring England looking for a manager.

allezsauzee
04-05-2022, 04:04 PM
heard that he's been at Tanz topping up on his bronzed look and shopping for a fancier watch and coat. disgraceful behaviour.

Scotty Leither
04-05-2022, 04:10 PM
I am a huge Hibs fan and the games against the team I obsess over are our biggest rivals.
As a pal said to me recently we are already over these two defeats to our city rivals and that's why they continually run over the top of us.
Not always but far too much for my liking.

True...I wonder if the Derby fixture will be mentioned in conversation with the Board and our new manager, whoever he may be?

Somehow I doubt it, but I'll betcha it's mentioned across the city at every opportunity when they're signing new players.

There's the difference...and it's high time this game was given more prominence and importance attached to getting some victories in it by our esteemed Board.

dp00
04-05-2022, 04:13 PM

He could be talking to us about season ticket sales ? Which I’m guessing aren’t going great but I don’t actually know cause no one has said anything

bigwheel
04-05-2022, 04:15 PM
Is he missing? Last I read, he was touring England looking for a manager.

Discussion is on his lack of communication..I’m not doubting he is active…

SlickShoes
04-05-2022, 04:18 PM

So he’s not missing?

CropleyWasGod
04-05-2022, 04:22 PM
Day 7, Premier Inn, Chelmsford.

I spoke to a couple of potential managers here today.One is experienced in Food and Beverage. The other is a graduate in Media Studies. I don't think either are what the customers want.

The WiFi here is crap, hence the intermittent comms. The sunbed is ****ing ace, though.

Ian's having a good week. Took Hibs into Europe on FM yesterday.

Basingstoke tomorrow. Buzzing.

loanheadhibby
04-05-2022, 04:22 PM
True...I wonder if the Derby fixture will be mentioned in conversation with the Board and our new manager, whoever he may be?

Somehow I doubt it, but I'll betcha it's mentioned across the city at every opportunity when they're signing new players.

There's the difference...and it's high time this game was given more prominence and importance attached to getting some victories in it by our esteemed Board.

Great point.

I shudder when I remember Billy Brown’s statement. When he was at Hearts, they expected to beat Hibs. When he was at Hibs, we hoped we would beat ****bos.

Ben Kendall better be drumming it in to our new manager, beating ****bos is minimum requirement.

bigwheel
04-05-2022, 04:24 PM
So he’s not missing?

Why are you twisting points?

if you are happy with his lack of communication during this massive **** up in recent months then fair enough…it smacks of poor leadership to me, and a lack of engagement at a critical time. Feels like a reasonable point to raise and explore.

JimBHibees
04-05-2022, 04:32 PM

I spoke to a couple of potential managers here today.One is experienced in Food and Beverage. The other is a graduate in Media Studies. I don't think either are what the customers want.

The WiFi here is crap, hence the intermittent comms. The sunbed is ****ing ace, though.

😃

Billy Whizz
04-05-2022, 04:48 PM

Is the subbed treatment tax deductible😀

Smartie
04-05-2022, 04:53 PM

Worst suggestion for a series ending - after an unsuccessful trip down South, the lads arrive back in Edinburgh only to bump into Jim Jefferies, who happened to be coming out of the club shop at the time.

WhileTheChief..
04-05-2022, 04:58 PM
^^^
You may jest but I wouldn't be surprised if Kensall goes all Budge on us and confirms that we had the right man in the building all along before announcing SDG as manager.

04-05-2022, 05:19 PM

He is down south holding talks with potential managers. It has been well publicised. Where have you been looking?

Since452
04-05-2022, 05:25 PM
^^^
You may jest but I wouldn't be surprised if Kensall goes all Budge on us and confirms that we had the right man in the building all along before announcing SDG as manager.

Or Steve Kean.

CropleyWasGod
04-05-2022, 05:36 PM
Chelmsford update.

Ffs guys, I'm at my tea. You want a statement?
There you ****ing go....

Lago
04-05-2022, 06:16 PM

Not according to initial post, he was missing in action, you now want a daily blow by blow.

Ronniekirk
04-05-2022, 06:16 PM
Or Steve Kean.

Steve Kean reported to be on an English team s short list for Managers position

Lago
04-05-2022, 06:17 PM
:greengrin
Chelmsford update.

Ffs guys, I'm at my tea. You want a statement?
There you ****ing go....

bigwheel
04-05-2022, 06:24 PM
Not according to initial post, he was missing in action, you now want a daily blow by blow.

No I don’t …It was recognising he was active…but was simply questioning his lack of comms..

It’s a reasonable topic to raise….delighted he’s still alive though - quoted on the Mueller announcement

Lago
04-05-2022, 06:32 PM
No I don’t …It was recognising he was active…but was simply questioning his lack of comms..

It’s a reasonable topic to raise….delighted he’s still alive though - quoted on the Mueller announcement

Then you spoil your point with needless sarcasm.

bigwheel
04-05-2022, 06:46 PM
Then you spoil your point with needless sarcasm.

it’s a fans forum, my last sentence was just a wee bit tongue in cheek in my response to yours.

I happen to think his lack of comms over the last two weeks is poor. Others don’t, I’m guessing you too. I’ve been clear in my views, But have no idea of yours, as have only seen you reacting to posts, rather than giving any views on it.

I happen to think there are a number of valid question marks over the senior staff in our club, including the owner and CEO. Equally though, I fully believe they are trying to get it right and hope they have learned lots of lessons and will make some good big decisions. You seem to be sensitive to some criticism of our CEO..why? In my view, They are reasonable points to explore on here…

Is It On....
04-05-2022, 07:39 PM

Brilliant

JimBHibees
05-05-2022, 06:23 AM
Or Steve Kean.

Exactly what I was thinking. :greengrin

marinello59
05-05-2022, 06:53 AM

:faf:

It’s the Basingstoke comment that finished me. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
05-05-2022, 07:18 AM

Did you miss the serious injury he’s had this season? There’s no doubt what so ever that before that he’s been an excellent signing.

Sioux
05-05-2022, 07:42 AM
it’s a fans forum, my last sentence was just a wee bit tongue in cheek in my response to yours.

I happen to think his lack of comms over the last two weeks is poor. Others don’t, I’m guessing you too. I’ve been clear in my views, But have no idea of yours, as have only seen you reacting to posts, rather than giving any views on it.

I happen to think there are a number of valid question marks over the senior staff in our club, including the owner and CEO. Equally though, I fully believe they are trying to get it right and hope they have learned lots of lessons and will make some good big decisions. You seem to be sensitive to some criticism of our CEO..why? In my view, They are reasonable points to explore on here…

WTF do you want him to say? As is normal in this place, everything anyone at the club ever says is jumped upon, with negative theories that get more outlandish by the day. One reason might be that those reading club's comments don't actually understand them. Or more likely just want to indulge in ****stirring.

bigwheel
05-05-2022, 07:53 AM
WTF do you want him to say? As is normal in this place, everything anyone at the club ever says is jumped upon, with negative theories that get more outlandish by the day. One reason might be that those reading club's comments don't actually understand them. Or more likely just want to indulge in ****stirring.

Yes, there are those that twist everything the club says ..I can understand that is tiring . Yet the post you quoted (and others) outlined why I thought the lack of comms is poor at this time . over the piece I’m largely very supportive of the club on here - admittedly less so with the current regime - something feels off for me . First time ever that’s happened .. .just because I feel the current leadership aren’t getting it right, doesn’t mean I’m stirring for the sake of it. It should always on here be fair to pose questions or challenges when we have them , particularly when we also recognise good stuff too when warranted . For example, I’ve been complimentary on how quickly they have resolved the Mueller issue .

loanheadhibby
05-05-2022, 02:44 PM
Did you miss the serious injury he’s had this season? There’s no doubt what so ever that before that he’s been an excellent signing.
He came back in December and has been a disaster ever since.
We're too happy on here to make excuses for our non contributing players.
That's part of the reason the club's is in dire straits.

SlickShoes
05-05-2022, 02:47 PM

Or we understand they are humans and not football playing robots?

nonshinyfinish
05-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Or we understand they are humans and not football playing robots?

Boost to our attacking threat for the final few games:

https://c.tenor.com/Ff8tLk75BzAAAAAd/tenor.gif

Smartie
05-05-2022, 02:54 PM

There are excuses and there are reasons.

He hasn’t recovered well from a horrendous injury. Before that he often looked the part.

FWIW I’m not totally sold on Doidge as he can be careless in front of goal and go through barren “coo’s erse / banjo” spells but FFS he’s shown enough in the past for us to cut him a wee bit of slack.

Even the most demanding people in the world know that they need to be reasonable and understanding at certain times.

SlickShoes
05-05-2022, 02:56 PM

He looks good, i'd chip in to supplement his wages

Since452
05-05-2022, 02:56 PM

Penalty to Rangers

Booked4Being-Ugly
05-05-2022, 03:06 PM

I saw Clayton Donaldson do that when through on goal against Livi!

CropleyWasGod
05-05-2022, 04:29 PM
Day 8.

Change of plan. Bumped into an old pal in the pedestrian precinct in Norwich City centre. Can't say his name, but knowing him, knowing me etc etc.

Not getting anyone's hopes up, but.... we may have something here.

Announcement to follow.

green day
05-05-2022, 04:31 PM
Day 8.

Change of plan. Bumped into an old pal in the pedestrian precinct in Norwich City centre. Can't say his name, but knowing him, knowing me etc etc.

Not getting anyone's hopes up, but.... we may have something here.

Announcement to follow.

A ha.................

CockneyRebel
05-05-2022, 04:39 PM
A ha.................

ABB Another look.

leith lynx
05-05-2022, 04:58 PM
A ha.................

Back of the net!

green day
05-05-2022, 05:01 PM
Back of the net!

Not something we have said often enough this season..........:greengrin

leith lynx
05-05-2022, 05:34 PM
ABB Another look.

Mamma Mia!

shetlandhibee
05-05-2022, 05:50 PM
There are excuses and there are reasons.

He hasn’t recovered well from a horrendous injury. Before that he often looked the part.

FWIW I’m not totally sold on Doidge as he can be careless in front of goal and go through barren “coo’s erse / banjo” spells but FFS he’s shown enough in the past for us to cut him a wee bit of slack.

Even the most demanding people in the world know that they need to be reasonable and understanding at certain times.:top marksthis 100%:agree:

Allant1981
05-05-2022, 06:02 PM

Do you ever have anything positive to say about the club or players

05-05-2022, 07:30 PM

Hibs.net to blame, that's a good one.

bigwheel
05-05-2022, 07:32 PM

Lucky if he’s been involved in 10 games. He’s been dropped since February

ZitellZeTime
05-05-2022, 09:08 PM
I'd never even heard of Kensall before he joined us. Sure he came after Mueller so we can't blame that on him, Melkerson is definitely a player though but we need someone to play through the middle. He looks frustrated as **** sometimes up there on his own, or even with Scott being near him its almost like being a lone striker. Maybe be different if we had some drive through the middle of the park who can create chances for us like Allan used to, Mcginn, or a Latapy or Zemmama type just behind him. Never seen that Huage boy play in my life though, delfierre either so can't comment on if they look any good or not.

Even though that Johnson, the youngster from USA was signed while Kensall has been here I have a feeling that was done by the Gordons, never seen him play either but im sure he just made his professional debut after we signed him so still early days with him.

He's said the new manager is getting backed to bring us back to the upper echolons etc yesterday so will wait and see over the summer if we bring in some decent players who we hopefully already know are decent before we sign them.

Might be able to tell a little about recruitment by who we end up with as manager as most decent managers won't come in unless they get the final say on a player, especially first team players or ones that cost a decent fee for a club our size.

Hopefully Ron and him have learnt from experiments like Mueller who admittedly I thought might be good after the summer but didn't realise he was one of our top earners, and Maloney who Kensall was definitely involved with getting in and have realised that isn't going to work, we can get rid of some of the dug***** and come out looking good next season. Magennis will feel like a new signing on his own even though we've had him so long. Be good to get him back get rid of some of the ***** and bring in some proven players for our level.

Surely the owner wants to make money out of the club too, Gordon cant be stupid. He must know that we need a good team or less and less fans are going to be turning up etc. i'm hoping anyway.

What about Nesbet, whens he back? I remember at the time there were two reports from hibs one saying 9 months and one saying rest of season, if its 9 months then that will be away at Christmas time and he will need time to get back to match sharpness etc.

LaMotta
05-05-2022, 09:34 PM
Lucky if he’s been involved in 10 games. He’s been dropped since February

:agree: Doidge is the type of player that needs a run of games and time on the pitch to start scoring. Maloney never gave him that, inexplicably giving minutes to James Scott ahead of him.

loanheadhibby
05-05-2022, 09:55 PM
Do you ever have anything positive to say about the club or players
I love the Hibs but what positives can anyone have to say at the moment.
It's a pretty sad state of affairs at the club currently.

Stuart93
05-05-2022, 10:07 PM
I love the Hibs but what positives can anyone have to say at the moment.
It's a pretty sad state of affairs at the club currently.

Aye but you’ve meant to be positive regardless…Uber fans and that.

tamig
05-05-2022, 11:04 PM
Aye but you’ve meant to be positive regardless…Uber fans and that.

Our very own Chuckle Brothers. You and loanhead.

Stuart93
05-05-2022, 11:06 PM
Our very own Chuckle Brothers. You and loanhead.

That’s fine by me. I want to be Paul though.

Baader
05-05-2022, 11:08 PM
That’s fine by me. I want to be Paul though.

Or John as Loanhead calls you 😂

loanheadhibby
06-05-2022, 07:53 AM
Or John as Loanhead calls you 😂
Apologies - senior moment.

tonyrougier123
30-12-2022, 06:48 AM
Same problems keep coming up for the club on recruitment and direction of the football team,sadly the OP was written a while back and it could’ve been written this very morning.

I’d like to ask Ben kensall what it is exactly he is doing for the football team?

If Lee Johnson is the man to take hibs forward is he going to be backed by the men who selected him as manager?

So far we’ve had Jack Ross who wouldn’t play new signings and now we have Lee Johnson not playing many of the 22 brought in over the last year.

Is recruitment going to get over seen by someone qualified to find talent,or will it be the C.E.O frittering it away on youngsters unable to penetrate a poor first team.

Would be really nice to hear from the club,and a wee insight to what’s happening.

Over to you Ben.

Fuzzywuzzy
30-12-2022, 07:10 AM
Can KP not take the fans concerns to the board or does anything trickle down to him that those running things actually realise the fans concerns on the **** show that is Hibs?

neil7908
30-12-2022, 07:16 AM
Can KP not take the fans concerns to the board or does anything trickle down to him that those running things actually realise the fans concerns on the **** show that is Hibs?

I like the fan rep approach but let's be honest, it really works when it's looking at smaller issues that may not get the boards attention.

For general dissatisfaction with how things are going, I suspect those running the club already know and given the fan base are quite split, I'm not sure what KP would even say - some think your doing a terrible job and need to go, some are worried but hoping you'll turn things around and others see progress? If this board is anything to go by (and why wouldn't it), fans are extremely split on a range of issues across the club - we aren't all on the same page (yet at least).

Hibiza
30-12-2022, 07:26 AM

😂😂😂

Bridge hibs
30-12-2022, 07:29 AM
Can KP not take the fans concerns to the board or does anything trickle down to him that those running things actually realise the fans concerns on the **** show that is Hibs?Fans concerns ? Do you think KP should copy a few pages from disgruntled fans on a forum, a forum that probably represents a tiny pocket of the support.

There are a few decent posts voicing concerns and many more are just rants and ****ing petty name calling, mostly coming from fans that couldnt run a bath never mind run a football club.

As PB mentioned above or on another thread fans have to react at games, after the celtic game there was hardly anyone in the ground with nothing more than a few muted boos if any, the majority headed home or to the pubs with not a peep.

If pressure has to be placed on RGs head then Im sure more needs to be done than a few rants on here, the survey results could be a start and it will be interesting to read the results and actions on the outcome of the survey

Scotty Leither
30-12-2022, 07:34 AM
Fans concerns ? Do you think KP should copy a few pages from disgruntled fans on a forum, a forum that probably represents a tiny pocket of the support.

There are a few decent posts voicing concerns and many more are just rants and ****ing petty name calling, mostly coming from fans that couldnt run a bath never mind run a football club.

As PB mentioned above or on another thread fans have to react at games, after the celtic game there was hardly anyone in the ground with nothing more than a few muted boos if any, the majority headed home or to the pubs with not a peep.

If pressure has to be placed on RGs head then Im sure more needs to be done than a few rants on here, the survey results could be a start and it will be interesting to read the results and actions on the outcome of the survey

The survey will be buried.

Slim Shady
30-12-2022, 08:02 AM
Tin hat on here but I really like what Ben has done with our club.

On the field is miles away from where we need to be. He knows that. Off the field (which will in turn provide the finances to ensure we can compete sustainably) the club has moved on massively since Leanne and her cronies were ousted.

Turnover has increased with the new sponsorships and partners. Our hospitality (even tho folk moan about the initial costs) is consistently sold out and the deal with Elior makes sure we benefit from the profits of sales on this.

We currently have the 5th largest budget for playing squad in the league. If we want to be able to catch Aberdeen and Hearts we need to raise the money somehow. We don’t have rich benefactors chucking spare cash around.

The deals that have been done for players leaving the club benefit Hibs massively. Josh Doig’s transfer if the figures are to be believed will be Hibs biggest ever transfer fee.

flash
30-12-2022, 08:09 AM
The survey will be buried.

Of course it will.

Frazerbob
30-12-2022, 08:12 AM

On the field is miles away from where we need to be. He knows that. Off the field (which will in turn provide the finances to ensure we can compete sustainably) the club has moved on massively since Leanne and her cronies were ousted.

Turnover has increased with the new sponsorships and partners. Our hospitality (even tho folk moan about the initial costs) is consistently sold out and the deal with Elior makes sure we benefit from the profits of sales on this.

We currently have the 5th largest budget for playing squad in the league. If we want to be able to catch Aberdeen and Hearts we need to raise the money somehow. We don’t have rich benefactors chucking spare cash around.

The deals that have been done for players leaving the club benefit Hibs massively. Josh Doig’s transfer if the figures are to be believed will be Hibs biggest ever transfer fee.

Totally agree.

A mate met Ben's wife at the recent Proclaimers gig at The Playhouse. Ben was not with her, despite having a ticket, as he was worried he'd get abuse from so called fans. How sad that the guy can't enjoy a night out with his missus and friends because of our supporters.

SMAXXA
30-12-2022, 08:35 AM
Of course it will.

explain why?

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2022, 08:42 AM
I seem to remember a load of Where is Leeann threads when she was here too......

My humble opinion is that you need to break a few eggs to make an omelette, unfortunately our support dint seem to have the patience.

Patience is all we have, bar the odd good season we all have to be very patient most of the time.

I think you are mixing up people moaning with not being patient?

JimBHibees
30-12-2022, 08:44 AM
Totally agree.

A mate met Ben's wife at the recent Proclaimers gig at The Playhouse. Ben was not with her, despite having a ticket, as he was worried he'd get abuse from so called fans. How sad that the guy can't enjoy a night out with his missus and friends because of our supporters.

That's piss poor however surely he should have went anyway and ignored any knobs giving him grief when out with his wife.

matty_f
30-12-2022, 08:46 AM
explain why?

I don't want to speak for Flash but I think he was being sarcastic.

Of course the survey won't be buried.

The idea that professional businesspeople are sitting with their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears, oblivious to and ignoring fan discontent or the results is absurd. Their business is almost entirely dependant on a winning team.

Our goals are European qualification and good cup runs, the strategy (whether you agree with the strategy or not) is set to achieve those aims.

They're not getting it right, miles off it at the moment. So they either need to go back to the drawing board with the strategy or they need to look at where the failure points are and who's responsible and get better people in to deliver. Either way, it's not good enough right now and something needs to change.

But the suggestion that they're oblivious to it or ignore the issues is just fantasy stuff, and does nothing for an objective critique of the situation.

Eyrie
30-12-2022, 08:55 AM
I'd be very surprised if the club doesn't keep an eye on social media, including here, to see what the supporters are saying. I would also expect them to screen out a lot of the noise and knee jerk reactions however, particularly in the aftermath of a heavy defeat because that's when people want to vent.

WhileTheChief..
30-12-2022, 09:02 AM
Totally agree.

He was worried he might get abuse from fans?

That's hardly our fault is it?

I'm not taking any responsibility for him missing a gig :faf:

leith lynx
30-12-2022, 09:04 AM
Club AGM must be due very soon, might or might not get a few answers then.

flash
30-12-2022, 09:07 AM
He was worried he might get abuse from fans?

That's hardly our fault is it?

I'm not taking any responsibility for him missing a gig :faf:

It is if you are one of the ringpieces responsible for abusing someone who is having a night out with their wife.

WhileTheChief..
30-12-2022, 09:07 AM
The idea that professional businesspeople are sitting with their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears, oblivious to and ignoring fan discontent or the results is absurd. Their business is almost entirely dependant on a winning team.

But the suggestion that they're oblivious to it or ignore the issues is just fantasy stuff, and does nothing for an objective critique of the situation.

In the podcast interview you did with him, he was pretty quick to dismiss the fan's views on our signings and our squad.

Similarly, in the press conference when LJ was appointed, he made a remark about the fans not being in the room when the interviews took place.

I think it's fair to say that RG doesn't hold us in high regard at all and certainly doesn't agree with the majority of us about the quality of the squad.

He thinks it's fine. I remember him saying it. It's still on YouTube!!

WhileTheChief..
30-12-2022, 09:08 AM
It is if you are one of the ringpieces responsible for abusing someone who is having a night out with their wife.

But it didn't happen, that's my point.

He was worried it might happen, that's all.

flash
30-12-2022, 09:12 AM

Presumably he based his decision on similar situations where he did get abuse.

If you follow Hibs on twitter or facebook you could well imagine that would happen.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2022, 09:12 AM

Bit of respect for Leanne eh. Her and her cronies actually had Hibs consistently winning football matches. In 50 years, the Scottish cup will be remembered better than a sponsorship deal with gaucho.

Stubbsy90+2
30-12-2022, 09:16 AM
Bit of respect for Leanne eh. Her and her cronies actually had Hibs consistently winning football matches. In 50 years, the Scottish cup will be remembered better than a sponsorship deal with gaucho.

Onion
30-12-2022, 09:19 AM
I'd be very surprised if the club doesn't keep an eye on social media, including here, to see what the supporters are saying. I would also expect them to screen out a lot of the noise and knee jerk reactions however, particularly in the aftermath of a heavy defeat because that's when people want to vent.

The noise we hear is the slap in the face we all get after yet another defeat. Any knee jerking is after the odd win against 10 men, when we all somehow think things will be better going forward with the same set up and players.

hibsbollah
30-12-2022, 09:31 AM
The noise we hear is the slap in the face we all get after yet another defeat. Any knee jerking is after the odd win against 10 men, when we all somehow think things will be better going forward with the same set up and players.

Unless it’s when we win against 11 men. And anyway, is it always easy to win again ten men? We were very very good against Livvy after the sending off, if we don’t acknowledge the quality of our play in getting those four goals against a packed defence you’re not getting a balanced picture.

Brightside
30-12-2022, 09:32 AM
In the podcast interview you did with him, he was pretty quick to dismiss the fan's views on our signings and our squad.

Similarly, in the press conference when LJ was appointed, he made a remark about the fans not being in the room when the interviews took place.

I think it's fair to say that RG doesn't hold us in high regard at all and certainly doesn't agree with the majority of us about the quality of the squad.

RG ignored everything that was asked of him in those interviews. He challenged the guys to provide documentation on the poor transfers. They did that and got blanked. Without someone professional running the football side of the club we are ****ed.

Brightside
30-12-2022, 09:33 AM

Tbf the gaucho deal is great and I recommend to all.

matty_f
30-12-2022, 09:34 AM

He disagreed but he heard the opinion. I actually don't think he was ever going to publicly criticise the recruitment, though to back up your point rather than mine, he never acknowledged follow up that Colin from Longbangers and Liam from Down the Slope put together.

I don't think the points you raise are reflective of a wider view on supporter sentiment, though - they are two specific areas and in the same podcast he also listened to, acknowledged and agreed with opinions that the football side wasn't working and that the Maloney appointment hadn't worked, that the league cup campaign wasn't good enough so there's also evidence there that he does listen.

I'm also talking about the board though, they've done (as has Ron) Q&As, sessions in the Hibs Club, various branches of the supporters association, they're in and around hospitality every game, Ben speaks to away fans regularly.

I think we need to make a distinction between disagreeing with opinions and not being aware of them/ignoring them.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2022, 09:38 AM
Tbf the gaucho deal is great and I recommend to all.

It is, absolutely. Very good restaurant. I would never set the date I went there as my phone unlock password, though. That's reserved for Leannes greatest achievement, 210516 :greengrin

edit - locked out of my phone for 1 hour now...

GreenCastle
30-12-2022, 09:42 AM
Having met Ben and Ron on different occasions I think they are decent people. They genuinely care about the club….but the problem I feel is the structure below them and the strategy to recruit for the future to sell on. The new hospitality set up is really good - the stadium looks fantastic etc but they haven’t got the 1st team football transfers right and I think the manager recruitment has been poor. Maloney and LJ have split the fans once again and we just need a manager who brings the fans and club back together. Right now we have no idea which Hibs team will turn up due to such poor inconsistent players and a manager I don’t think they fully respect. Players also know they won’t be dropped which is a massive problem.

It’s not simply Ron and Ben are awful as they really aren’t but the annoying thing is fans simply want a good football team performing each week and that’s been missing so I can fully understand so much frustration.

As often stated on here they did get change a lot of staff - I think some had to move on as they were too comfortable but others went above and beyond and those countless hours put in can’t be magically found elsewhere.

I see this January and summer the biggest transfer windows we have had for a long time - if they genuinely want to progress this club to its potential we need to start seeing players brought in we need now - starting players. Players who are better than what we have.

We also need to shift the deadwood out the club who anrent contributing and just taking £ with no return and players like Hanlon and Stevenson have to transition to less game time.

WhileTheChief..
30-12-2022, 09:46 AM
I think we need to make a distinction between disagreeing with opinions and not being aware of them/ignoring them.

I don't think RG is the Bogeyman or Ron the Con.

I liked listening to him and I thought his enthusiasm for our club was tremendous.

The issues I have is that without any knowledge of the game here, he thinks he knows better than anyone else. That may apply to sponsorships deals and TV contracts and the like, but it doesn't apply to the game on the pitch.

We've got fans here that have watched football every week for decades. Hundreds and hundreds of Hibs games. They know what works and what doesn't. They know and understand the game here.

To be so utterly dismissive of their / our views is hugely insulting.

The recruitment issue has been done to death on here. We can only hope that things change pretty damn quickly or we simply won't improve.

That's not being critical or negative, it's just seeing and saying what is blatantly obvious to most of us.

weecounty hibby
30-12-2022, 10:33 AM
It is, absolutely. Very good restaurant. I would never set the date I went there as my phone unlock password, though. That's reserved for Leannes greatest achievement, 120516 :greengrin
What did LD do nine days before we won the cup?

Stubbsy90+2
30-12-2022, 10:36 AM

Go to Gaucho?

mcfly
30-12-2022, 10:37 AM
You can’t dismiss fans opinion when they are your biggest customers and the ones you rely on for your cash flow.

Football is a results based business- winning teams have happy fans and you can forget the smaller issues however losing teams get picked apart and hibs fans are rightly angry as they see their money wasted on poor signings.

Dismissing fans views is the wrong way to go

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2022, 10:38 AM

Booked the hotel for the Falkirk game for her winning side.

weecounty hibby
30-12-2022, 10:39 AM
Go to Gaucho?
But would that be classed as her biggest achievement? Not sure? Maybe if it was a team bonding session that made sure that on 210516 we won the cup

CapitalGreen
30-12-2022, 11:00 AM
But would that be classed as her biggest achievement? Not sure? Maybe if it was a team bonding session that made sure that on 210516 we won the cup

The night before we failed to get out the Championship for the 2nd season in a row?

PaulSmith
30-12-2022, 11:00 AM
Ron needs to give Ben the autonomy to appoint a DoF/Sporting Director and for him to realise that Ian Gordon might not have the experience to run a football club.

Lee Johnson was backed heavily over the summer and he’s realised that he’s made mistakes in recruitment, the same mistakes won’t be allowed to happen again and we’ll sign players who are SPFL ready.

The structure at Hibs should be Ben as CEO and he has a two directs, one looking after the business and one the football side. Right now he’s doing all three jobs to just keep the show on the road and knows himself that’s not how it should work.

We need Ron to back him to the hilt and let him do his stuff.

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2022, 11:24 AM

Wrote out Stubbsy's P45, in pencil.

tonyrougier123
30-12-2022, 11:44 AM

Maybe he just doesn’t like the proclaimers?😳

We will never know,I’ve forgot what he looks like.

Point is if he’s hiding from the support it’s not a good look,got to roll with the bad and the good in his well payed job,and should most definitely be visible on the odd occasions and in the media.

Otherwise we all make up our own story as to how things are bubbling along inside the club,and that opens it up to all sorts of distorted views from other fans and ours,and currently we are a bit of a joke let’s face it.

.Sean.
30-12-2022, 11:44 AM
Well tell us then?

matty_f
30-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Ron needs to give Ben the autonomy to appoint a DoF/Sporting Director and for him to realise that Ian Gordon might not have the experience to run a football club.

Lee Johnson was backed heavily over the summer and he’s realised that he’s made mistakes in recruitment, the same mistakes won’t be allowed to happen again and we’ll sign players who are SPFL ready.

The structure at Hibs should be Ben as CEO and he has a two directs, one looking after the business and one the football side. Right now he’s doing all three jobs to just keep the show on the road and knows himself that’s not how it should work.

We need Ron to back him to the hilt and let him do his stuff.

tonyrougier123
30-12-2022, 11:54 AM
He disagreed but he heard the opinion. I actually don't think he was ever going to publicly criticise the recruitment, though to back up your point rather than mine, he never acknowledged follow up that Colin from Longbangers and Liam from Down the Slope put together.

I don't think the points you raise are reflective of a wider view on supporter sentiment, though - they are two specific areas and in the same podcast he also listened to, acknowledged and agreed with opinions that the football side wasn't working and that the Maloney appointment hadn't worked, that the league cup campaign wasn't good enough so there's also evidence there that he does listen.

I'm also talking about the board though, they've done (as has Ron) Q&As, sessions in the Hibs Club, various branches of the supporters association, they're in and around hospitality every game, Ben speaks to away fans regularly.

He point blank convinced himself all was rosey with recruitment,he should’ve been pushed harder but bottles crashed in that interview. Happy to have a go without him there not so when granted an interview,got to give him credit for doing it right enough.

Also Martin Boyle was a step in the right direction towards the end of the summer window,so personally as far as Ron is concerned the appetite to do good things with hibs remain in tact.

But focus must be the team on the park at the moment,as evidence suggests folk are bit off hibs and a decent number choosing their games rather going religiously.

The focus on this thread is the interaction between Ben and the support which is best described as poor.

Scotty Leither
30-12-2022, 11:55 AM

They’re nowhere to be seen in hospitality after a defeat, Matty. Happy to take the plaudits but anonymous to take any (respectful) counter view from fans that might have some justification for criticism, particularly about the quality of players we’re signing?

They can’t have it both ways, and I’m sorry I think Gordon’s son is his blind spot, and someone within the club needs to tell him that.

PaulSmith
30-12-2022, 12:06 PM
They’re nowhere to be seen in hospitality after a defeat, Matty. Happy to take the plaudits but anonymous to take any (respectful) counter view from fans that might have some justification for criticism, particularly about the quality of players we’re signing?

They can’t have it both ways, and I’m sorry I think Gordon’s son is his blind spot, and someone within the club needs to tell him that.

If the concerns that fans have are valid before a game then surely they could be aired then. After any game we get beat I know I’m ready to take on the world and generally go into a blind rage until the follow morning! I know I’m not alone so perhaps it’s best to contain the emotions to pre-game rather than post.

For what it’s worth I’m certain that our CEO has an opinion on our recruitment and results which isn’t dissimilar to every other Hibs fan.

What where his options during the last 12 months, go against the owners son or not back the manager during the summer and insist that he doesn’t sign X, Y or Z? The former would probably see him booted out the door and the latter would see him being accused of meddling in who the manager wants to sign.

Perhaps now he can justify bringing in a DoF to the owner and LJ has learned about what’s needed to win games in the premier league.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2022, 12:07 PM

Couldn't give a ****. Built a brilliant side, won the cup. Not all of us deserved it, though. The ones who, when Stubbs and Dempster are mentioned, immediately mention Falkirk, deserve a losing ***** Hibs team.

Brightside
30-12-2022, 12:08 PM

Point is if he’s hiding from the support it’s not a good look,got to roll with the bad and the good in his well payed job,and should most definitely be visible on the odd occasions and in the media.

Otherwise we all make up our own story as to how things are bubbling along inside the club,and that opens it up to all sorts of distorted views from other fans and ours,and currently we are a bit of a joke let’s face it.

Hiding? He’s at pretty much every Hibs event.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2022, 12:12 PM
If the concerns that fans have are valid before a game then surely they could be aired then. After any game we get beat I know I’m ready to take on the world and generally go into a blind rage until the follow morning! I know I’m not alone so perhaps it’s best to contain the emotions to pre-game rather than post.

For what it’s worth I’m certain that our CEO has an opinion on our recruitment and results which isn’t dissimilar to every other Hibs fan.

What where his options during the last 12 months, go against the owners son or not back the manager during the summer and insist that he doesn’t sign X, Y or Z? The former would probably see him booted out the door and the latter would see him being accused of meddling in who the manager wants to sign.

Perhaps now he can justify bringing in a DoF to the owner and LJ has learned about what’s needed to win games in the premier league.

We’re on his 3rd manager since he came in, we’re going backwards under his control. Far too many overpaid and under qualified players on our books, and the results show that

The buck stops with the Manager on the pitch, but the highly paid CEO is failing us, and he should be emptied, not given a new tier of reports to fix. He’s had his chance and failed miserably

matty_f
30-12-2022, 12:13 PM
He point blank convinced himself all was rosey with recruitment,he should’ve been pushed harder but bottles crashed in that interview. Happy to have a go without him there not so when granted an interview,got to give him credit for doing it right enough.

Also Martin Boyle was a step in the right direction towards the end of the summer window,so personally as far as Ron is concerned the appetite to do good things with hibs remain in tact.

But focus must be the team on the park at the moment,as evidence suggests folk are bit off hibs and a decent number choosing their games rather going religiously.

The focus on this thread is the interaction between Ben and the support which is best described as poor.
Bottles crashed :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2022, 12:13 PM

How would you have pushed him harder?

Bearing in mind examples were given and dismissed, it was then followed up and ignored.

Brightside
30-12-2022, 12:15 PM
We’re on his 3rd manager since he came in, we’re going backwards under his control. Far too many overpaid and under qualified players on our books, and the results show that

The buck stops with the Manager on the pitch, but the highly paid CEO is failing us, and he should be emptied, not given a new tier of reports to fix. He’s had his chance and failed miserably

RG is in charge though Billy. Do you really think Ben wants Ian Gordon involved?

PaulSmith
30-12-2022, 12:17 PM

I can see why you’ve come to that conclusion but with the greatest of respect I don’t think you understand the role of Ian Gordon during the last 18 months and hopefully that experiment is close to concluding.

NAE NOOKIE
30-12-2022, 12:20 PM
In the end the only reason for owners, CEOs, directors of football to exist at a football club is to make it at the very least realise it's potential. If it's failing to reach that potential then they are failing.

STF and Rod Petrie ended the SC hoodoo in their tenure and will be remembered for that, but in the end three trophies in nearly 30 years was hardly setting the heather on fire either for arguably the 4th biggest club in the country, in view of which asking the new regime to surpass that is hardly demanding the earth in my opinion.

There's a lot of opinion on here as to how Hibs fans should express their displeasure at how things are going, but as has been pointed out we have never really been the sort of fanbase where the whole crowd boo the team off at full time, or who get the fiery torches and pitchforks out at the first sign of failure.

No, we do far worse, we ( not me ) simply stop going. Owners and CEOs can brush off boos at full time or a hundred folk round the back of the stand chanting abuse after the latest defeat. What they can't brush off is game after game where at least 3,000 of our season ticket holders just don't bother to turn up and nobody can deny that's exactly what's been happening for the last few games at Easter Road, you would be lucky if the crowd at ER was 9,000 on Christmas Eve and there was plenty missing against Celtic, even after the folk who got in late thanks to our seemingly never ending turnstile problems had finally got in.

If the fact that thousands of people who have already paid to watch our games are so disheartened they can't be bothered to turn up doesn't have alarm bells ringing in our boardroom then the folk at the top really aren't paying attention. If we lose those people for next season that's something like a million quid lost before we even kick a ball, no amount of sponsorship deals will make up for that.

The bottom line here is simple. There's nothing wrong with experiments aimed at a long term plan to improve the team and eventually bring in squillions in transfer fees, but the brutal truth is that if the price we pay for that is a weak and failing first team in the here and now people will back that long term plan from the comfort of their living rooms or the golf course on a Saturday afternoon.

tonyrougier123
30-12-2022, 12:29 PM
How would you have pushed him harder?

Bearing in mind examples were given and dismissed, it was then followed up and ignored.

I would’ve asked more questions about the set up in identifying players,as it seems we have little to no experienced guys tasked with finding talent.

weecounty hibby
30-12-2022, 12:31 PM
Couldn't give a ****. Built a brilliant side, won the cup. Not all of us deserved it, though. The ones who, when Stubbs and Dempster are mentioned, immediately mention Falkirk, deserve a losing ***** Hibs team.
Aw man, maybe I missed some joke in your initial response about Gauchos when you said that LDs greatest achievement was your pin number. You said it was 120516 rather than 210516. If I've missed the joke apologies but it would appear that everyone else has missed mine!

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2022, 12:32 PM
Aw man, maybe I missed some joke in your initial response about Gauchos when you said that LDs greatest achievement was your pin number. You said it was 120516 rather than 210516. If I've missed the joke apologies but it would appear that everyone else has missed mine!

Ahhhh, sorry. i'm an absolute arse. hands up, my apologies. Thought it was a reference to our playoff defeat beforehand. My mistake completely. Dunce cap on.

weecounty hibby
30-12-2022, 12:33 PM
Ahhhh, sorry. i'm an absolute arse. hands up, my apologies. Thought it was a reference to our playoff defeat beforehand. My mistake completely. Dunce cap on.
No worries, not surprised folk missed my joke as I'm really not very funny at all!!

Heisenberg
30-12-2022, 12:38 PM

Ben Kensell couldn’t have been more glowing about our recruitment in the last few windows and he was even directly involved in bringing a few of them in himself with his contacts. He’s can’t get away without taking any blame. He’s the CEO and should be more than comfortable telling the owner what’s going wrong, even if it’s a bit more sensitive because it involves family.

I do hope the rumours about Ian being moved to a different department are true and that we see someone competent with football experience coming in as DOF.

tonyrougier123
30-12-2022, 12:38 PM
Bottles crashed :faf:

The silence was deafening when recruitment got mentioned Matty cmon now😝.
Yous got ushered along easily at that point while Gordon convinced yous there was nothing to see there.

matty_f
30-12-2022, 12:39 PM
The silence was deafening when recruitment got mentioned Matty cmon now😝.
Yous got ushered along easily at that point while Gordon convinced yous there was nothing to see there.

Aye, sound.

Hibs4185
30-12-2022, 01:00 PM
Somebody with company law (CWG) will know better than me but I hate when I see RG referred to as our owner.

I’ve stuck up for RG and think he will come good but he is the majority shareholder.

I think he owns 60-65%, can the remaining shareholders hold him to account or use their influence to get answers?

Frazerbob
30-12-2022, 01:28 PM

Are you really that stupid? He was worried it would happen because it has happened on numerous occasions previously. He decided not to put his wife and friends through it by not going. Surely you don't think that's anything other than shan.

Frazerbob
30-12-2022, 01:31 PM

Hiding?....coming from the guy hiding behind a false name on the internet!

tonyrougier123
30-12-2022, 01:37 PM
Hiding?....coming from the guy hiding behind a false name on the internet!

pretty sure most folk on here don’t use their own name as their username.
But aye good yin frazerbob??

Frazerbob
30-12-2022, 01:43 PM
pretty sure most folk on here don’t use their own name as their username.
But aye good yin frazerbob??

Just thought it was a tad ironic....and that's my name, no hiding here! :na na:

neil7908
30-12-2022, 01:44 PM
RG ignored everything that was asked of him in those interviews. He challenged the guys to provide documentation on the poor transfers. They did that and got blanked. Without someone professional running the football side of the club we are ****ed.

And this is why it was always a terrible idea for his son to get involved. I couldn't understand anyone defending that move at the time and the longer we continue with the owners son, who has zero qualifications or experience for the role, continuing at the club the more it worries me what it says about RG.

green day
30-12-2022, 02:23 PM
Point is if he’s hiding from the support it’s not a good look,got to roll with the bad and the good in his well payed job,and should most definitely be visible on the odd occasions and in the media..

Every time I am inside the West I have seen him.

I emailed him about something relating to a game and he phoned me back within 5 minutes from his personal mobile.

He is very approachable.

You (and I ) may be pissed off with aspects on the field right now, but as far as BK goes, he is very visible and doesnt hide.

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2022, 02:27 PM
I would’ve asked more questions about the set up in identifying players,as it seems we have little to no experienced guys tasked with finding talent.

Like what? That was asked.

GreenCastle
30-12-2022, 02:31 PM

Ben definitely doesn’t hide - he’s at hospitality every game and was even at the Xmas day event at Easter Road.

One thing he doesn’t do it hide. Just because he’s not in the press 24/7 doesn’t mean he has gone awol.

Ron has a flat in Edinburgh so while he isn’t in Edinburgh every day of the year he is often here.

wookie70
30-12-2022, 02:44 PM
Every time I am inside the West I have seen him.

I emailed him about something relating to a game and he phoned me back within 5 minutes from his personal mobile.

He is very approachable.

You (and I ) may be pissed off with aspects on the field right now, but as far as BK goes, he is very visible and doesnt hide.

I had a good chat with him at the Christmas Day event. His whole family was there and he was a very good ambassador for the club. Commercially we are doing very well and not sure what the balance of his duties are and how much the football side is delegated.

04Sauzee
30-12-2022, 02:49 PM
Not sure if this a joke on twitter and I'm just not getting it?

https://i.ibb.co/WG4bXSB/Screenshot-2022-12-30-15-48-32-58-0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg (https://ibb.co/JmwfTXr)

Iain G
30-12-2022, 03:01 PM

https://i.ibb.co/WG4bXSB/Screenshot-2022-12-30-15-48-32-58-0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg (https://ibb.co/JmwfTXr)

If he has his own van that could have sparked our interest?

hibsbollah
30-12-2022, 03:04 PM
If he has his own van that could have sparked our interest?

Twitter certainly generates rumours :agree:

Billy Whizz
30-12-2022, 03:05 PM

He’s doing his badges and was over at the game last weekend, and caught up with Yogi

Bostonhibby
30-12-2022, 03:05 PM
If he has his own van that could have sparked our interest?Bring him home.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Iain G
30-12-2022, 03:45 PM
Twitter certainly generates rumours :agree:

Hopefully he is less static in this role than he was on the pitch

Eyrie
30-12-2022, 06:11 PM
Those puns are almost as shocking as his performances were!

Iain G
30-12-2022, 06:16 PM
Those puns are almost as shocking as his performances were!

Aye, they made your hair stand on end 😉

leith lynx
30-12-2022, 06:48 PM

Could be a progressive appointment....

JimBHibees
30-12-2022, 07:00 PM

Certainly sounds like a joke

Hibiza
30-12-2022, 07:34 PM
No worries, not surprised folk missed my joke as I'm really not very funny at all!!

Join my club 😂

Hibiza
30-12-2022, 07:36 PM
Ben Kensell couldn’t have been more glowing about our recruitment in the last few windows and he was even directly involved in bringing a few of them in himself with his contacts. He’s can’t get away without taking any blame. He’s the CEO and should be more than comfortable telling the owner what’s going wrong, even if it’s a bit more sensitive because it involves family.

I do hope the rumours about Ian being moved to a different department are true and that we see someone competent with football experience coming in as DOF.

That'd be great news.

Hibiza
30-12-2022, 07:37 PM
Hopefully he is less static in this role than he was on the pitch

😂😂😂

Bostonhibby
30-12-2022, 07:39 PM

I've often felt the potential of the pie department has been neglected for too long, same with the car park-direction to spaces department offering.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2022, 08:33 PM
He’s doing his badges and was over at the game last weekend, and caught up with Yogi

He was at the game on Wednesday with his family

Chuck Rhoades
30-12-2022, 09:17 PM
He was at the game on Wednesday with his family

And?

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2022, 09:25 PM
And?

What's with smart arse comment?

et_hibby
30-12-2022, 10:06 PM
Could be a progressive appointment....
Ham ill-qualified to comment, but here’s hoping..