PDA

View Full Version : Who do you WANT as the next Hibs manager?

25-04-2022, 07:27 PM
Two polls created, one for who you think will be the next manager and one for who you want. Odds are taken from https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/hibernian
which also has a profile on each of them (poll has the max 25 options so couldn't fit in all those listed).

Carheenlea
25-04-2022, 07:47 PM
Keane, for the box office and rollercoaster.

houstonhibbee
25-04-2022, 07:51 PM
None of them. Someone different.....

Shaggy
25-04-2022, 07:53 PM
Lots of Terry Butchers on that list

JXM73
25-04-2022, 08:17 PM
Hermit Crab

Paul1642
25-04-2022, 09:00 PM
I didn’t think I wanted Keane but the rest of that list is mostly uninspiring. I vote to keep Gray until the summer and hope someone better enters the frame.

Percy Vere
25-04-2022, 09:02 PM
Nuno Espírito Santo
SDG Assistant

jacomo
25-04-2022, 09:05 PM
Kenny Jackett seems like a really good guy but it didn’t go well for him at Orient. Season got derailed by a load of draws and then stuttering form.

Not a great advert for his abilities, unfortunately.

Percy Vere
26-04-2022, 07:53 AM
Keane, for the box office and rollercoaster.

No thanks
Think he would be a total disaster
He’s not even sure he wants to be a manager.
I’d take the bodo glimt coach in a heartbeat
Could transform us

bingo70
26-04-2022, 08:20 AM
Roy Keane has got me excited but probably for the wrong reasons. Ive argued his case for him as I think he could do well, I do completely understand the concerns people have though.

The name somebody suggested that I think would work is Graham Arnold. I think he could be just what we are after but then I don’t know masses about Australian football. I don’t think he’s universally popular as the Australia manager but he did a good job at club level by the looks of it. Very experienced and knows Scottish football well from watching Scottish based Australian players.

I also really like the Australian mentality when it comes to sport.

Pretty Green
26-04-2022, 08:24 AM
OGS that is my only choice 👍

The Modfather
26-04-2022, 08:28 AM
Where’s the John Collins option?

Stubbsy90+2
26-04-2022, 08:42 AM
Roy Keane has got me excited but probably for the wrong reasons. Ive argued his case for him as I think he could do well, I do completely understand the concerns people have though.

The name somebody suggested that I think would work is Graham Arnold. I think he could be just what we are after but then I don’t know masses about Australian football. I don’t think he’s universally popular as the Australia manager but he did a good job at club level by the looks of it. Very experienced and knows Scottish football well from watching Scottish based Australian players.

48 and 57% win ratios in his 2 club football jobs of any substance. Had a terrible 8 game spell in the middle of the two where he won 0 in Japan but it’s so short that I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

Would be interesting. Wonder if he would have any knowledge of the Japanese market having worked there for a very short period? It’s been a gold mine for Celtic.

Golden Bear
26-04-2022, 08:58 AM
In the absence of John Collins from the list, I've voted for Michael O'Neil.

flash
26-04-2022, 09:05 AM
Lee Johnson at 25s could be worth a wee interest.

mcohibs
26-04-2022, 09:47 AM
I'd be Keane for anyone...

Since452
26-04-2022, 09:51 AM
Roy Keane

bigwheel
26-04-2022, 09:56 AM
Lennon

Jones28
26-04-2022, 10:14 AM
Billy Reid

Hamish
26-04-2022, 10:25 AM
Scot Gemmill

Pretty Boy
26-04-2022, 10:28 AM
Roy Keane now. Could be a disaster, could be great but either way it's box office and it would get a genuine buzz about the place again.

Diclonius
26-04-2022, 11:30 AM
Hermit Crab

Same

West Upper
26-04-2022, 11:51 AM
Derek Mcinnes

ErinGoBraghHFC
26-04-2022, 11:52 AM
Keanooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
26-04-2022, 11:54 AM
Roy Keane now. Could be a disaster, could be great but either way it's box office and it would get a genuine buzz about the place again.

Exactly this.

Although of all the names on the list, David Gray is the realistic option that I'd be happiest with.

Imperfect like Keane (it might be too early for SDG) but I've liked him as caretaker.

AgentDaleCooper
26-04-2022, 12:18 PM
Keane would be lennon on steroids, for better and for worse. I'm game for that.

Coco Bryce
26-04-2022, 12:25 PM
I'm sticking with Deila

Even stuck a score on it :greengrin

on-the-level
26-04-2022, 12:30 PM
Roy for me
Can't vote🤔

on-the-level
26-04-2022, 12:35 PM
Roy for me
Can't vote🤔

Just managed to vote🤗
I'm not a ludite anymore 😋

Gus
26-04-2022, 12:36 PM

Knows the city from when he played for Hearts

26-04-2022, 12:44 PM
Roy for me
Can't vote🤔

Click on "Default Style" at the bottom right of the page and you should then be able to vote.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-04-2022, 01:01 PM
Went for Knutsen, even though i think he's way out of our grasp now

Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer with SDG/Fletcher and Daz

Or Ronny Delia with the above

3 appointments that would really excite me

on-the-level
26-04-2022, 01:01 PM
Click on "Default Style" at the bottom right of the page and you should then be able to vote.

:aok:

Since452
26-04-2022, 01:07 PM

Agree. Knutsen, OGS, Delia or Keane. Wouldn't be disappointed with any of those four.

EGL2000
26-04-2022, 01:11 PM

I'd be happy with this, will most likely be booted by them if they fail to qualify for the world cup (Cant see them beating Peru). Will also have good knowledge of the Asian market as as a number of the Australians play there, potential to tap into that market the way Ange does with Celtic.

EGL2000
26-04-2022, 01:14 PM
I'd be after Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe, done an unreal job there over the past few years. Might be slightly out of our grasp if being realistic though.

Unseen work
26-04-2022, 01:36 PM
Ronny Deila
Lee Johnson
Liam Manning

Three really good choices although I doubt Deila would come/we could afford him and the other 2 might fancy other teams.

Keane is a really exciting one but my fear is he’d fall out with the recruitment team in the summer after them not delivering what they promised and him quitting :greengrin

LancashireHibby
26-04-2022, 01:38 PM
Someone that we've never heard of. Complete fresh start with no preconceptions (on our part as much as theirs)

KWJ
26-04-2022, 02:12 PM

This.

26-04-2022, 03:27 PM
Ronny Deila
Lee Johnson
Liam Manning

Three really good choices although I doubt Deila would come/we could afford him and the other 2 might fancy other teams.

Keane is a really exciting one but my fear is he’d fall out with the recruitment team in the summer after them not delivering what they promised and him quitting :greengrin

I imagine we'd soon find out if Ian Gordon is doing the job well enough.

shetlandhibee
26-04-2022, 04:24 PM
Kean would be a massive coup IMO he,ll be a lot wiser and do better up here in Scotland than his stints as boss before in england . just being who he is should(would) attract players far and wide who would want to player under him:agree: IF and its still a big if Ron got Roys signature it could be the start of big intent,, heres hoping anyway:thumbsup:

.Sean.
26-04-2022, 04:28 PM
I'd be after Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe, done an unreal job there over the past few years. Might be slightly out of our grasp if being realistic though.
I’ve suggested him on here in the past, I really like him

Unseen work
26-04-2022, 07:29 PM
I imagine we'd soon find out if Ian Gordon is doing the job well enough.

You’re spot on imo, Keane wouldn’t be around the bush about the targets and quality of player were signing.

If the recruitment team mucks him about it will be clear to everyone they’ve done so imo

One of my main concerns with Keane is his knowledge of players he could get at this level as he’s used to top standard football. That and the majority of players he signed for Sunderland were ex man United, he seems to like players he knows and trusts. Suppose there’s maybe a couple of Irish players he would know that we could maybe get/Villa youngsters

I do however think he’d be able to attract players to the club that would normally be out of our reach if he swayed by other clubs.

Bridge hibs
26-04-2022, 07:50 PM
Stuart Baxter

lyonhibs
26-04-2022, 09:08 PM
Not Roy Keane. That's the starting point, after that I'm open to almost all options.

angus hibby
26-04-2022, 09:14 PM

Pretty sure he has his Wycombe team being very direct. Not for me

cameronw-hfc
26-04-2022, 09:39 PM
Rob Edwards is my shout. Has Forrest Green playing very well, decent enough football too. Big step up but a younger coach currently doing very well at his level. Very fast-paced style, huge output and fun as anything to watch.

cameronw-hfc
26-04-2022, 09:42 PM
You’re spot on imo, Keane wouldn’t be around the bush about the targets and quality of player were signing.

If the recruitment team mucks him about it will be clear to everyone they’ve done so imo

One of my main concerns with Keane is his knowledge of players he could get at this level as he’s used to top standard football. That and the majority of players he signed for Sunderland were ex man United, he seems to like players he knows and trusts. Suppose there’s maybe a couple of Irish players he would know that we could maybe get/Villa youngsters

I do however think he’d be able to attract players to the club that would normally be out of our reach if he swayed by other clubs.

Might not work with Gerrard there, but we should be all.over Villa trying to get their youngsters for a year. Villa fan myself and to say the current generation are a bit of a golden generation might be an understatement. Louie Barry, Cameron Archer(probably will be first team next year so maybe too far for us), Ben Chrisene, and that's just a few off the top of my head with very, very high hopes around them. All could do with a year in Scotland also so if Roy brings any then we will probably have a great player for a season.

Nicho87
26-04-2022, 09:51 PM
Roy Keane

leith lynx
27-04-2022, 11:46 AM
Announce Mike Basset

degenerated
27-04-2022, 11:48 AM
John Sitton

leith lynx
27-04-2022, 11:50 AM

Would be a massive step up from Wycombe for him, can't see it.

bigwheel
27-04-2022, 11:54 AM

Like that suggestion. Quality record so far - very forward going approach too

flash
18-05-2022, 10:09 AM

I thank you.
Needless to say I didn't take my own advice.

Key West
18-05-2022, 10:24 AM
Lee Johnson, though he needs to be backed with decent signings.

flash
18-05-2022, 10:28 AM
Lee Johnson, though he needs to be backed with decent signings.

That's cheating voting now you know its him!

Key West
18-05-2022, 10:41 AM
That's cheating voting now you know its him!

I know nothing,honestly.