PDA

View Full Version : If you’re reading this Ron…

Percy Vere
19-04-2022, 09:59 PM
What the …?
Two wrongs don’t make a right Ron.
Two error sackings making Hibs a laughing stock.
SM surely was told he would have time to build a new team.
Was that a lie Ron?
What manager is going to trust you going forward.
I’ve been your backer in here as I believed you were investing in the team, a refreshing change in here. But this really tarnishes your reputation.

H18 SFR
19-04-2022, 10:01 PM
Second post of this nature tonight. Surely it must be time for an open letter?

Eyrie
19-04-2022, 10:02 PM
If you're reading this Ron ....

Must be tough to admit you'd made the wrong appointment, but at least you had the sense to address the problem quickly and not write off next season in the hope your choice would improve.

Waxy
19-04-2022, 10:21 PM
What the …?
Was that a lie Ron?
I’ve been your backer in here as I believed you were investing in the team, a refreshing change in here. But this really tarnishes your reputation.

Two wrongs dont Ron the two wrongs dont.
Met her on a Monday and my heart stood still

ErinGoBraghHFC
19-04-2022, 10:24 PM
Two wrongs dont Ron the two wrongs dont.
Met her on a Monday and my heart stood still

Two Ron make a don’t wrongs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
19-04-2022, 10:25 PM
Maloney was one of the worst managers in the history of our club, an arrogant sod and we are well, well rid.

Why stick with someone as awful as he was?

Mon Dieu4
19-04-2022, 10:25 PM
Thought this was the lyrics from Everything Counts by Depeche Mode for a minute

Unseen work
19-04-2022, 10:31 PM
An alternative view to all the stick he’s been getting;

What if he is just very honest, holds his hands up and admits he got it badly wrong?

He now see’s how bad an appointment it was whether it was 1 league win this year, struggling against Cove, losing twice to Hearts in a week, failing to get top 6, not playing attacking football, a lack of people renewing seasons tickets and the attendances plummeting.

The sun also mentioned how Maloney was being with staff, maybe trusted people at the club have fed back to the owner etc that he wasn’t well liked?

He will undoubtedly get the label of a bad guy in all of this and ultimately it will come down to who he appoints next and how successful they are, but there might be a case of him going I tried to be smart and expect better and I failed. I hold my hands up and now we need to get back to being consistent.

California-Hibs
19-04-2022, 11:19 PM
If you're reading this Ron ....

Must be tough to admit you'd made the wrong appointment, but at least you had the sense to address the problem quickly and not write off next season in the hope your choice would improve.

This! I've actually came away from this with an enhanced respect for Ron. Would have been so very easy for a chairman to not want to have egg on his face and sack his own choice after just 4 months into a long 3.5 contract.

Ron has shown a great deal of humility in sacking Maloney, along with digging deep into his pockets to not only pay off Jack Ross, but to now pay off Shaun Maloney also.

I genuinely believe he wants only the best for Hibs and wi back us heavily in getting a more experienced manager in and having a big summer clear out.

Iain G
19-04-2022, 11:21 PM
What the …?
Was that a lie Ron?

Bottom Six
Season Tix
Sales Down
Ron's Frown
Joe's Red
Maloney's Head
Kensell Rise
Vegan Pies
Big Screens
Chaotic Scenes
St.Mirren Away
David Gray
Back Again
Second Reign
New Coach
Different Approach?
Mean Business
Not McInnes
John Kennedy
Public Enemy
Malky MacKay
Walk-on By
Choose Right
Avoid *****e

And I need my bed 🤣

Oh and can we get Daniel F@rke please, just for the swear filter fun!! 😁

McGruber
19-04-2022, 11:29 PM
Bottom Six
Season Tix
Sales Down
Ron's Frown
Joe's Red
Maloney's Head
Kensell Rise
Vegan Pies
Big Screens
Chaotic Scenes
St.Mirren Away
David Gray
Back Again
Second Reign
New Coach
Different Approach?
Mean Business
Not McInnes
John Kennedy
Public Enemy
Malky MacKay
Walk-on By
Choose Right
Avoid *****e

And I need my bed 🤣

Oh and can we get Daniel F@rke please, just for the swear filter fun!! 😁

Did anyone else read that to the tune of Billy Joel's we didn't start the fire.

Very good.

Unseen work
19-04-2022, 11:45 PM
Is there also a chance they were getting fed up of the excuses re injuries etc? He also said about being 7th when he came in and are still 7th….the reason he was brought in was to improve the team.

My point about injuries is something the lads on Open Goal discussed and something that I admit I never really thought about.

Hearts were without

John Souttar
Michael Smith
Beni Baningme
Cammy Devlin - First came back came on as a sub

Then during the game they got injuries to

Andy Halliday
Craig Halkett

Now clearly they’ve a stronger squad but it just shows that if you’ve a certain set up and carry enough of a threat you can still get results.

madhatter
20-04-2022, 03:19 AM
Who we get as the next manager and how much backing he gets in the summer (calibre of player and how many) will show where we are going.

Our current signing policy, our lack of footballing identity, the unusual club appointments and our managerial musical chairs make us look a lot like Man Utd. A mess but it doesn't matter as we are Drama FC. People are interested in our mess, there's publicity in it.

Sell Boyle, sign no-one of real note and then sack the manager. Simple but effective way to get all fans looking at the manager and saying "Maloney was out his depth".

Regardless of what is said later today by Ron, the club's actions in the next few months will outline what his intentions are. Hiding places are becoming harder to come by.

Percy Vere
20-04-2022, 03:07 PM
An alternative view to all the stick he’s been getting;

What if he is just very honest, holds his hands up and admits he got it badly wrong?

He now see’s how bad an appointment it was whether it was 1 league win this year, struggling against Cove, losing twice to Hearts in a week, failing to get top 6, not playing attacking football, a lack of people renewing seasons tickets and the attendances plummeting.

The sun also mentioned how Maloney was being with staff, maybe trusted people at the club have fed back to the owner etc that he wasn’t well liked?

He will undoubtedly get the label of a bad guy in all of this and ultimately it will come down to who he appoints next and how successful they are, but there might be a case of him going I tried to be smart and expect better and I failed. I hold my hands up and now we need to get back to being consistent.

Yes good points. There every possibility things weren’t great behind the scenes, in which case maybe he has done the right thing. On the face if it, it looks awful. Maybe a step too fast for SM. Hopefully he and Hibs can learn from the experience.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-04-2022, 04:48 PM
Yes good points. There every possibility things weren’t great behind the scenes, in which case maybe he has done the right thing. On the face if it, it looks awful. Maybe a step too fast for SM. Hopefully he and Hibs can learn from the experience.

You even got a name check Percy. And Ron doesn’t like you :)

https://youtu.be/eOOEFlhvuXY

Jones28
21-04-2022, 08:09 AM
Did anyone else read that to the tune of Billy Joel's we didn't start the fire.

Very good.

:agree:

We didnt reach the final,
So we punt the gaffer,
Its all a palaver