PDA

View Full Version : The Board bemused by semi final tactics

McGruber
19-04-2022, 07:59 PM
I find this a bit odd - not least that it was one of our better performances under Maloney.

Just got me wondering if our American owner was less than impressed that our USA international attacker and big money Norwegian striker weren't utilised more.

Probably the 2 biggest signings this season in terms of finance, both attackers, that can't get a game during our striker injury crisis - even when behind and needing goals.

Just wondering what the bemusement was - if indeed there was any and not just tabloid rubbish

jacomo
19-04-2022, 08:00 PM
Seeing James Scott start a semi final v Hearts is bemusement enough for a lifetime.

GreenCastle
19-04-2022, 08:06 PM
It was mad that we kept James Scott on who hadn’t scored for about 3 years and the guy who won us the Motherwell guy sat on bench till 74th minute.

He got 24 mins.

Mueller and Jasper (who set up both Motherwell goals) got 8 mins each being brought on 90th min (8 mins added time).

Scorrie
19-04-2022, 08:30 PM
It was mad that we kept James Scott on who hadn’t scored for about 3 years and the guy who won us the Motherwell guy sat on bench till 74th minute.

He got 24 mins.

Mueller and Jasper (who set up both Motherwell goals) got 8 mins each being brought on 90th min (8 mins added time).

Those last subs were hopeless. Needed to be made a good 15 mins earlier in my view

Montford
19-04-2022, 08:32 PM
Playing Clarke on the left was just wrong.
Probably the leagues best right back at County.
Continually having to turn back on his right foot.
Dropping Doig
Playing McGinn (who’s sloppiness caused the first goal)
And not subbing Newell, who even from the back of east stand the fans around us could sense he would get a second

GreenCastle
Those last subs were hopeless. Needed to be made a good 15 mins earlier in my view

It was 3-1 or 2-2 and Hibs having momentum - the fans felt it.

Also posted on other thread Hibs haven’t come back from 2-0 all season and Hearts knew this.

Hibs starting team 10 goals between them.

Hearts starting team 32 and Boyce had 13 himself !

Hermit Crab

Scott was ****ed on 70 minutes, attacking subs in the 90th minute is a sign of someone who cant see when and where changes are needed.

IberianHibernian
19-04-2022, 08:40 PM
From what I`ve seen so far , Muller , Melkerson and Jasper ( hope he stays ) could all turn out to be good signings but none of them made any impression against Hearts in the league game and in the end I think decision to play Scott from start was a good one . Probably only newspaper rubbish anyway but , if true , then issue of interference in manager`s work is the serious point and Maloney may actually be better moving to a club where he`ll have more freedom .

Alfred E Newman
19-04-2022, 09:10 PM
I find this a bit odd - not least that it was one of our better performances under Maloney.

Just got me wondering if our American owner was less than impressed that our USA international attacker and big money Norwegian striker weren't utilised more.

Probably the 2 biggest signings this season in terms of finance, both attackers, that can't get a game during our striker injury crisis - even when behind and needing goals.

Just wondering what the bemusement was - if indeed there was any and not just tabloid rubbish

The fact that we more or less kicked off without a forward line in a semi final and a derby to boot, was a damming indictment of where we are at the moment.

IberianHibernian
19-04-2022, 09:17 PM
The fact that we more or less kicked off without a forward line in a semi final and a derby to boot, was a damming indictment of where we are at the moment.I agree . Maloney will not have wanted to play Scott in semi or in previous games but he had no alternative . Nesbit and Doidge injured
, Melkerson had made no impact the week before . But even with 10 players we were dominating the game .

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2022, 05:48 AM
Still don't get the idea that Scott played well. Their striker played well and made a difference. Scott was just slightly above the absolute dog**** he has produced so far. Should not play again, he's not ours and will not be here. Play melkersen and let him learn.

Winston Ingram
20-04-2022, 05:51 AM
I was bemused by them as well. We start games with 7 behind the ball, 5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders and have 3 in attack. We started Saturday with 5 at the back, 3 holding midfielders, 1 in front of the midfield and 1 in attack.

…and we wonder why we never create chances?

We should’ve sacked Maloney weeks ago.

bigwheel
20-04-2022, 06:01 AM
I was bemused by them as well. We start games with 7 behind the ball, 5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders and have 3 in attack. We started Saturday with 5 at the back, 3 holding midfielders, 1 in front of the midfield and 1 in attack.

…and we wonder why we never create chances?

We should’ve sacked Maloney weeks ago.

We didn’t start Saturday with five at the back…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Juniper Greens
20-04-2022, 06:28 AM
Performance only improved when the game plan went out the window. That tells me that Maloneys tactics have been costing us this season

Willis1875
20-04-2022, 06:30 AM
Performance only improved when the game plan went out the window. That tells me that Maloneys tactics have been costing us this season

Yep we looked a lot better side when the slow sideways passing pish went out the window but that only happened when we were chasing games