PDA

View Full Version : Hope maloney does well

at last 61
19-04-2022, 10:49 AM
Hope and think he will be a good manager but not with Caldwell by his side, I reckon that if he had replaced Caldwell with broony we would be I. A better place and have a cup final to look forward too, most managers need a good coach with them

Pete
19-04-2022, 10:53 AM
All the best Shaun. Hope it works out.

A Hi-Bee
19-04-2022, 10:55 AM
It's never nice to see anyone lose a job, it just did not work out fast enough for him or Hibs.

Zambernardi1875
19-04-2022, 10:58 AM
Hope and think he will be a good manager but not with Caldwell by his side, I reckon that if he had replaced Caldwell with broony we would be I. A better place and have a cup final to look forward too, most managers need a good coach with them

Yeah good point, even John Hughes as a no 2 would’ve made a huge difference

LunasBoots
19-04-2022, 11:00 AM
All the best Shaun.

Bobby's Cinema
19-04-2022, 11:03 AM
Wouldn't at all surprise me if he returns into the background/ coaching role himself. Good luck to him, now we can move on.

Crab apple
19-04-2022, 11:04 AM

Caldwell was a truly rotten choice to support someone in their first managerial gig.

easty
19-04-2022, 11:07 AM
I don't have anything against him, but now that he's gone I don't think I could care less how he does elsewhere.

Scorrie
19-04-2022, 11:09 AM
Wonder if he’ll go back to Belgium ? Did they qualify for the WC?

WhileTheChief..
19-04-2022, 11:10 AM
Nothing against him either but he'll quickly be forgotten about.

Should never have come here in the first place and not really bothered about what he does in the future. No hard feelings though.

LaMotta
19-04-2022, 11:13 AM
I don't have anything against him, but now that he's gone I don't think I could care less how he does elsewhere.

This.:agree:

Billy Whizz
19-04-2022, 11:14 AM
Should never have been in the position to get the job
Not his fault that he was given it

LaMotta
19-04-2022, 11:14 AM
Nothing against him either but he'll quickly be forgotten about.

Should never have come here in the first place and not really bothered about what he does in the future. No hard feelings though.

:agree:Can't imagine there will be teams clamouring to give him a managerial opportunity either. He will flit back to coaching like Cathro.

Jones28
19-04-2022, 11:16 AM
Is it just me that doesn't give a flying ****?

Pretty Boy
19-04-2022, 11:17 AM
He's going to follow a similar route to Cathro.

Highly regarded coach, failure in a short managerial stint then back into a decent coaching job that is relatively high profile.

For me a manager simply has to be able to command the respect of their players. Not in a bullying or nasty way but in the sense that people understand and buy into what they want to do. The thing about Cathro and Maloney is I can't imagine wanting either of them to lead me when I was in a tough spot. So many top managers simply ooze charisma, you can imagine hanging on their every word. Maloney looked like a rabbit in the headlights.

I'm sure he will do well for himself in football but it won't be as a manager.

Since452
19-04-2022, 11:18 AM
Not really bothered how he does to be honest. Will be quickly forgotten.

May21/05/16
19-04-2022, 11:20 AM
It's an absolute crazy decision he got shafted losing Boyle

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Mcbizz1998
19-04-2022, 11:21 AM
Couldn’t care less about Shaun Maloney or how he does. And I’m sure he doesn’t care about us.

ahibby
19-04-2022, 11:39 AM
He wasn't given a summer window to recruit which says a lot about his appointment in the first place. I am one of the few who would have liked to have given him the opportunity of a proper recruitment window and say about the first ten matches of next season to see how things went. However, I understand why the decision has been made and suspect it includes but is not only because of a potential negative impact on ST sales had he stayed. It's not nice to see a young manager in his first post fail and I hope Hibs learn from that experience. Aberdeen's experiment with Steven Glass, should have given them an insight, but they were blind to that. As a result we have been set back by months, not qualified for top six/Europe, and brought in some players who are not up to the current task, although the latter isn't the fault of those who have been told their services are no longer required. I am more disappointed that the club has shown it believes it has made a mistake, so early in the tenure of a young, rooky manager than the defeat at the weekend. The team showed a lack of quality and speed of reaction to loose balls, but also one of the gutsiest and hard working performances of any Hibs team, I've seen, but of course that alone is never good enough for a club that is one of the biggest five in the country. Do we trust the current board to get it right second time around?

WestCoastHibby
19-04-2022, 12:01 PM

Absolutely, I couldn’t believe how long people banged on about Higginbottom after he left and hope we won’t have a repeat.
Failed experiment. If the big cheeses cock up the next appointment I really don’t know when I’ll be back.
Neil Lennon might want out of the sun perhaps

WestCoastHibby
19-04-2022, 12:03 PM
No I’m in the same boat

IberianHibernian
19-04-2022, 10:29 PM
Wish him well in the future . He was a risky appointment but was obviously very committed to making a successful team with us . We`ll never know if he would have been a success if given more time ( and money ) . I suspect he would have been given how close we were to 4th in league and SC final with a squad decimated by injuries . A few here celebrating his departure but most of them were on his back from day one or before . Hopefully they`ll be satisfied with our next manager ( before he starts and once working ) .

jacomo
19-04-2022, 11:36 PM
Of course, it would be churlish to say otherwise.

By all accounts a nice guy who works hard… this is a setback but he will get another chance.

jacomo
19-04-2022, 11:39 PM
He's going to follow a similar route to Cathro.

Highly regarded coach, failure in a short managerial stint then back into a decent coaching job that is relatively high profile.

For me a manager simply has to be able to command the respect of their players. Not in a bullying or nasty way but in the sense that people understand and buy into what they want to do. The thing about Cathro and Maloney is I can't imagine wanting either of them to lead me when I was in a tough spot. So many top managers simply ooze charisma, you can imagine hanging on their every word. Maloney looked like a rabbit in the headlights.

I'm sure he will do well for himself in football but it won't be as a manager.

I’m not sure about this.

Cathro had zero playing career of note, so had little to fall back on except the quality of his coaching. Maloney has been there and done it at a high level, that surely commands some respect?

Eddie Howe looks like a bigger kid stole his ice cream, but he seems to be successful.

Obviously huge charisma helps, but plenty of successful managers don’t have it.

DetroitHibs
19-04-2022, 11:40 PM

Nope, he can bolt! Hope we never see him at ER again. Total slaver he was.

OldEast
20-04-2022, 03:37 AM

Shaun who?

Jim44
20-04-2022, 03:55 AM
Shaun who?

Shaun of the Dead. For his sake, temporarily, I hope.

Dazzjw1875
20-04-2022, 05:10 AM
He will go straight back into 1st team coach job at Belgium 100%

Since452
20-04-2022, 05:28 AM
The guy led us to back to back derby defeats for the first time in our history playing James Scott up front. 1 win in 14 but he was always super proud. Made Heckingbottom look like Klopp. Don't wish him any harm but hope he never darkens our door again.

hibee-boys
20-04-2022, 05:37 AM
Probably a good coach, not manager material at all.

Stubbsy90+2
20-04-2022, 05:40 AM
The guy led us to back to back derby defeats for the first time in our history playing James Scott up front. 1 win in 14 but he was always super proud. Made Heckingbottom look like Klopp. Don't wish him any harm but hope he never darkens our door again.

That’s not the first time we’ve lost back to back derbies?

Since452
20-04-2022, 05:43 AM
That’s not the first time we’ve lost back to back derbies?

I ment two derbies in the space of a week. Can't recall that before.

jacomo
20-04-2022, 06:19 AM

Classy.

jacomo
20-04-2022, 06:24 AM

It’s so nice to know you don’t wish him harm. What a lovely guy.

Nicho87
20-04-2022, 06:25 AM
He should have done a John Collins and appoint a proper old school experienced assistant

Caldwell as well as inexperienced gray as coach which I know wasn’t his appointment he should have recognised this

Caldwell was somewhat of a bizarre appointment

Daily Hibs
20-04-2022, 07:10 AM
I don't wish him well. He managed to destroy what could have been a fairly decent season by finishing 4th and a cup final.

His arrogance and stubbornness along with being so far out his depth was very Cathro esque. Delighted he's gone but he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

J-C
20-04-2022, 07:13 AM
If any the stories coming out are slightly true then he has a lot of changing to do if he wants to be a top manager.

mcohibs
20-04-2022, 07:18 AM

Eh?