PDA

View Full Version : Kensell

HendoDelivered
19-04-2022, 09:21 AM
Off you **** as well please.

Steven79
19-04-2022, 09:25 AM

He needs to go and off his own accord as he's royally ****ed up.

The money made from selling Boyle will now pay to cover missing out on top 6 and Europe along with sacking the management team.

Utter shambles of a club...

Green_one
19-04-2022, 09:26 AM

People seem to be waking up to the fact this guy is rank

Pretty Boy
19-04-2022, 09:28 AM
The whole world knew Maloney was away if we lost on Saturday. Not because of rumour or supposition but because the CEO was telling anyone who would listen at a club event.

Appalling behaviour not befitting someone in that position. He should do the decent thing and go.

MrRobot
19-04-2022, 09:30 AM
The whole world knew Maloney was away if we lost on Saturday. Not because of rumour or supposition but because the CEO was telling anyone who would listen at a club event.

Appalling behaviour not befitting someone in that position. He should do the decent thing and go.

What event and what was actually said?

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-04-2022, 09:30 AM

Seriously!?? That is brutal. I thought Kensell coming in was a great bit of business, but we've been a complete shambles

We've entered Mad Vlad territory the last few months

hfc_aidan
19-04-2022, 09:31 AM
The least talented and least impressive people at our club have the most power. Worrying times.

andyf5

"The whole world"? What was the event? I'm shocked he didn't get longer.

Alex Trager

What? When did this happen? That’s appalling

Vault Boy
19-04-2022, 09:36 AM
His main talent seems to be overstating his credentials in order to land high level positions. Needs to go, and he's not the only executive you could say that about.

Ray Donovan
19-04-2022, 09:37 AM

Totally disrespectful to Maloney (whatever you think of him) and not professional whatsoever.

The sooner this guy goes the better.

CL0762
19-04-2022, 09:37 AM
Yup. Taken us so far backwards and he’s only been in the door since august.

Serious serious questions need to be asked about the direction our club is going in

Diclonius
19-04-2022, 09:39 AM

That's appalling.

Smartie
19-04-2022, 09:40 AM
Whilst we’re doling out the rumours…

I heard that Jack Ross was gone before Kensall knew anything about it.

Ron Gordon “keeps an eye on the chatter online” and was concerned about the complaints about unattractive football and empty seats at Easter Road and pulled the trigger himself.

So whilst appointing Maloney will be on Kensall (to an extent) getting shot of Ross isn’t.

If the stuff about blabbing at a club event is true though, that’s very poor.

MWHIBBIES
19-04-2022, 09:41 AM

Ron Gordon “keeps an eye on the chatter online” and was concerned about the complaints about unattractive football and empty seats at Easter Road and pulled the trigger himself.

So whilst appointing Maloney will be on him (to an extent) getting shot of Ross isn’t.

Well Ron, if you're reading this, you're an absolute moron.

mcfly
19-04-2022, 09:43 AM

Club is a shambles. From the very top.

They are driving fans away - who would want to manage hibs now if all you get is 15 games and they sell your best player.

Results have been bad but so have the injuries.

He should have had the summer and first 1/4 of next season.

This could be disaster if we lose next couple of games and panic sets in.

Pretty Boy
19-04-2022, 09:43 AM
What? When did this happen? That’s appalling

It was the launch event for the plans for the new hospitality/corporate areas.

I'd originally heard it from someone who was at the event but it seemed every second person at Hampden on Saturday was talking about it.

Jones28
19-04-2022, 09:45 AM

They are driving fans away - who would want to manage hibs now if all you get is 15 games and they sell your best player.

The panic set in at the end of November.

LewysGot2
19-04-2022, 09:46 AM

I'd originally heard it from someone who was at the event but it seemed every second person at Hampden on Saturday was talking about it.

Dreadful if that’s the case.

Probably a bigger shock because our club had been so professional and discreet at that level for decades. Imagine Petrie or Leeann doing that? No chance.

.Sean.
19-04-2022, 09:49 AM

I completely missed that mate. What was said and when?

SlickShoes
19-04-2022, 09:49 AM

Look, I was behind giving Maloney time, but I don't think any seasoned manager in modern football would think they would still be in a job if they had Maloneys record. Since 2022 started we have WON 4 games out of 17, three of those were in the cup and one was in extra time. So we have 1 League win in 13 games.

Scotty Leither
19-04-2022, 09:52 AM

I heard that from a good source too. Same person told me Kean was also running his mouth about Doidge being finished at ER and being told to find a new club in the summer.

marinello59
19-04-2022, 09:54 AM
Totally disrespectful to Maloney (whatever you think of him) and not professional whatsoever.

The sooner this guy goes the better.

His disrespectful comments about the previous regime did him no favours at all either. An absolute chancer who should be doing the decent thing and leaving now.

Since452
19-04-2022, 09:57 AM
I've nothing against Maloney. He was embarrassingly out of his depth. I blame Ben for appointing him. Should never have beenn here in the first place.

Vault Boy
19-04-2022, 09:58 AM
I heard that from a good source too. Same person told me Kean was also running his mouth about Doidge being finished at ER and being told to find a new club in the summer.

Absolutely despise hearing things like this about our club. I hope that's not true, but haven't a reason to doubt it.

Diclonius
19-04-2022, 09:59 AM

Kean has previous for this and he can go too if true.

Bristolhibby
19-04-2022, 10:00 AM
Yeah he can GTF. Majority fan ownership is the way to go now

We going to buy out the Gordon’s?

Are we turning into a more **** Mike Ashley and Glazers?

J

superfurryhibby
19-04-2022, 10:01 AM

So whilst appointing Maloney will be on Kensall (to an extent) getting shot of Ross isn’t.

Ron Gordon didn’t sack Ross because of the chatter on line. Whatever else he is, he’s not that stupid. There was a falling out between Ross and the ownership. One day we will hear more about that.

Kensell can GTF too. He’s made a bad situation worse. Ron’s yes man who hasn’t got a clue about Scottish football or Hibs.

PolmontHibby
19-04-2022, 10:02 AM
His main talent seems to be overstating his credentials in order to land high level positions. Needs to go, and he's not the only executive you could say that about.

Completely unimpressed by how he has came across so far, and the initiatives undertaken.
Okay he did grow revenue at Norwich, but it would be hard not to at a club that was successfully promoted to English Premier at that time (under a manager not hired by Ben). To steal from another thread, the Hibernian equivalent of Alan Burrows is what we need - not a shiny corporate suit.

As for the rest of the higher echelons, RG-no idea why he is here, his son being here completely wrong, and as for another senior director who I have came across in a previous role would not trust him to tie my shoelaces let alone run a vital area of the club.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2022, 10:06 AM

I'm not a fan of Maloney's and think he was the wrong appointment but that's a disgrace if that is indeed true (which I'm not doubting by the way).

Completely unprofessional behaviour and he should go if he's done that. I have no faith in the guy recruiting the right manager after reading that.

I'm really worried about where the club is heading right now.

dp00
19-04-2022, 10:06 AM

Yep, he likes to run his mouth , said before I was in a well known restaurant in leith before a game and got talking to manager of the restaurant and he was telling me that Ben likes to talk and even he was surprised at how much he spoke about to anyone who would listen

We need to stand up and realise what these folk are doing to our club some of them hibs fans who done various roles, the turn over of staff within the club should be concerning never mind the fact we seem to sack managers the minute things get tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LunasBoots
19-04-2022, 10:07 AM
Needs to go, if Mathie was blamed last year this guy is even worse.

Rumble de Thump
19-04-2022, 10:10 AM
It's amazing the amount of people who try to pass things off as facts when they are anything but.

Pete
19-04-2022, 10:10 AM
Reading between the lines of his interviews, I'm wondering if he saw this appointment as one for the long term that needed time and support for everything to come to fruition. Which is understandable given the change the players would have to go through, and also player turnaround.
However, clear objectives were also mentioned, and I'm wondering if these were Ron Gordon's ultimatums. Get top four in order to give us money to reinvest, or it's over.
Perhaps there's a clash of cultures here too? Who will Rin trust to pick a manager that will deliver instant results? It's clear that long term projects with no immediate return aren't his thing.

Renfrew_Hibby
19-04-2022, 10:12 AM
A career trajectory of something like starting off at Arsenal then moving to Norwich and then onto Hibs.

Not exactly been an upward spiral.

GreenPJ
19-04-2022, 10:14 AM
I've nothing against Maloney. He was embarrassingly out of his depth. I blame Ben for appointing him. Should never have been here in the first place.

On paper (and no doubt with ringing endorsements from guys like Martinez) you would think that Maloney has the credentials to be a good manager/coach (I hope he goes on to be one). His main failing was not playing the hand he was dealt. He didn't have players to play his style but he continued to push it. That's commendable but it should have been quite apparent quite quickly to him that it wasn't working in terms of results or performances but didn't really change it.

He made some very strange team/sub selections and yes recognising the injuries but not to give any of the young guns an opportunity from the bench was a failing rather than persist with people who won't be here next season and had/have shown very little in terms of performance when getting the chance.

I do think Kensall is in last chance saloon. I don't think you could really get rid of both manager and CEO at the same time but think Kensall has to get it right next time as well as a cohesive early transfer policy that needs to have first team readiness at the heart of the strategy.

Hibbyradge
19-04-2022, 10:15 AM
Was anyone on here pleased that we gave Butcher time to build his own team?

Billy Whizz
19-04-2022, 10:20 AM
I completely missed that mate. What was said and when?

I heard it at the Sauzee event

allezsauzee
19-04-2022, 10:21 AM
Did Ben Kensall actually say that Maloney was getting fired if Hibs lost the semi, or did he say that mistakes had been made and that they would be corrected soon and people decided to put 2 and 2 together and on this occasion did get 4. Put this into the context that this was an event where our CEO was trying to sell hospitality for next season and was fending off questions about on the field performance this season. What was he going to say? Aye it's all going well and we aren't going to change anything, just hope it all turns out for the best. If he thinks the appointment of Maloney was a mistake then I would think he needs to get his replacement right or he goes with the next manager.

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2022, 10:25 AM
It's amazing the amount of people who try to pass things off as facts when they are anything but.

Which things?

Jones28
19-04-2022, 10:28 AM
Did Ben Kensall actually say that Maloney was getting fired if Hibs lost the semi, or did he say that mistakes had been made and that they would be corrected soon and people decided to put 2 and 2 together and on this occasion did get 4. Put this into the context that this was an event where our CEO was trying to sell hospitality for next season and was fending off questions about on the field performance this season. What was he going to say? Aye it's all going well and we aren't going to change anything, just hope it all turns out for the best. If he thinks the appointment of Maloney was a mistake then I would think he needs to get his replacement right or he goes with the next manager.

Two people have said it about 2 different events, so safe to say he's been saying it.

A Hi-Bee
19-04-2022, 10:30 AM
A career trajectory of something like starting off at Arsenal then moving to Norwich and then onto Hibs.

Not exactly been an upward spiral.

Teflon.

superfurryhibby
19-04-2022, 10:30 AM
If Ron really does read Hibs.Net and respond to fan views, as some suggest, then can he read this..

Get Ben Kensell tae **** out of our club and take your unqualified son with you.

I wonder how much those two cost in terms of season tickets sold. ****ing joke.

allezsauzee
19-04-2022, 10:40 AM
Two people have said it about 2 different events, so safe to say he's been saying it.

Two people said it so it must be true then.

GreenCastle
19-04-2022, 10:45 AM
I do think Ben is an issue.

Gordon isn’t the issue - he’s just appointed Ben and his son - people who he trusts and they are badly letting him down. Not sure he can see that though.

Burrows from Motherwell should be approached and brought to Hibs ASAP.

He has created a connection with Motherwell fans and club with minimal resources.

Ben does seem to open his mouth a bit too much and in such a high up position it’s a dangerous game as information can easily be leaked.

There is no co-incidence Hearts we’re a mess till they hired Savage and a few others to sort out the mess Budge got them in.

Is It On....
19-04-2022, 10:59 AM
People seem to be waking up to the fact this guy is rank

We don't know whether he is rank or just implementing the strategy of the chairman. I suspect that the managerial shortlist would have been compiled by the recruitment team and a decision made based on candidates on this list

Callum_62
19-04-2022, 11:07 AM

and other people said it too!

Which they obviously couldn't have just read on here

the rumour mill in full swing

Scotty Leither
19-04-2022, 11:13 AM
We don't know whether he is rank or just implementing the strategy of the chairman. I suspect that the managerial shortlist would have been compiled by the recruitment team and a decision made based on candidates on this list

Maloney was Kensell's personal choice. Allegedly.

7Hero
19-04-2022, 11:18 AM

Trust the process .....

Jones28
19-04-2022, 11:24 AM

I should mention, 2 posters held in high regard. So there's evidence of it. And there's no evidence to suggest he didn't say what people are saying he said.

Stokesy's on fire
19-04-2022, 11:25 AM
He talks a lot of crap and implements a lot of crap also best thing for him to do is leave he's had zero connectivity with the club and its fans.

Slim Shady
19-04-2022, 11:32 AM
Ben Kensell has and imo doing some excellent work behind the scenes. Yes he got the Maloney appointment wrong.

He was brave enough to sack JR when thing were going horribly wrong. He stood up, put his hands up and apologised as he recognised he got it massively wrong with Maloney.

Off the park the changes at Hibs are massive. In order to play with the big boys financially we need to be organised like them and bring in the revenue in order to spend it on the park. Currently we are bring in the 5th largest revenue in SPL. This has to improve and the work is being done to move this forward.

Whilst Dempster steadied the ship, it was a mess behind the scenes.

Ben is approachable and very transparent about plans and future for our club. I’m also aware of him standing up for our club against the bigot brothers and the SFA when the previous regime was happy to stand by and see us walked over.

Go find the facts, ask the correct questions to the correct people.
I’m sure you will be impressed.

Massive rebuild ahead on the park, which will take £££££ this summer.

Baader
19-04-2022, 11:40 AM
Should be walking too

JamesHFC
19-04-2022, 11:41 AM

The correct decision.

ahibby
19-04-2022, 11:44 AM
Was anyone on here pleased that we gave Butcher time to build his own team?

I wasn't but it is like comparing chalk with cheese.

Hibernian Verse
19-04-2022, 11:48 AM
Lots of "Kensell said" without any direct quotes.

Rumours amongst fans. In this case it suits some people so they're peddling it as fact without really knowing what, if anything, was said.

Slim Shady
19-04-2022, 11:57 AM
Lots of "Kensell said" without any direct quotes.

Rumours amongst fans. In this case it suits some people so they're peddling it as fact without really knowing what, if anything, was said.

Also lots of fans like myself that were present and heard exactly what he said.

Callum_62
19-04-2022, 11:58 AM
Also lots of fans like myself that were present and heard exactly what he said.So what did he exactly say?

The quote and the context behind it

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

greenlex
19-04-2022, 12:04 PM
Reading between the lines of his interviews, I'm wondering if he saw this appointment as one for the long term that needed time and support for everything to come to fruition. Which is understandable given the change the players would have to go through, and also player turnaround.
However, clear objectives were also mentioned, and I'm wondering if these were Ron Gordon's ultimatums. Get top four in order to give us money to reinvest, or it's over.
Perhaps there's a clash of cultures here too? Who will Rin trust to pick a manager that will deliver instant results? It's clear that long term projects with no immediate return aren't his thing.
The pre requisite this season would have been Europe. Not being involved is failure.

GlasgowHibee
19-04-2022, 12:29 PM
Ben Kensell has and imo doing some excellent work behind the scenes. Yes he got the Maloney appointment wrong.

He was brave enough to sack JR when thing were going horribly wrong. He stood up, put his hands up and apologised as he recognised he got it massively wrong with Maloney.

Off the park the changes at Hibs are massive. In order to play with the big boys financially we need to be organised like them and bring in the revenue in order to spend it on the park. Currently we are bring in the 5th largest revenue in SPL. This has to improve and the work is being done to move this forward.

Ben is approachable and very transparent about plans and future for our club. I’m also aware of him standing up for our club against the bigot brothers and the SFA when the previous regime was happy to stand by and see us walked over.

Hi Ben. :wink:

PolmontHibby
19-04-2022, 12:36 PM
Has BK raised his head above the parapet today?

As the CEO I would have thought the announcement today (as it was with JR sacking and SM appointment) would have have been from BK and not RG. Maybe they just take it in turns.

Jones28
19-04-2022, 12:38 PM

As the CEO I would have thought the announcement today (as it was with JR sacking and SM appointment) would have have been from BK and not RG. Maybe they just take it in turns.

Kensell gets to tell us when David Gray gets sacked.

hibsdaft
19-04-2022, 12:40 PM
Was BK in Glasgow for the VAR vote or does it not work like that?

OldEast
19-04-2022, 01:06 PM
Hi Ben. :wink:

😂😂😂😂

marinello59
19-04-2022, 01:09 PM

Hopefully he is too busy packing his stuff and saying his goodbyes.

Centre Hawf
19-04-2022, 01:16 PM
Personally find it a bit odd that the knives are out for BK so quickly after his appointment, same with Ron. This appointment hasn't worked but it was something different from the dinosaur managers and an attempt to improve the style of football that I would argue 80 percent of us said was dire under Jack Ross.

This appointment is probably going to be one of the most important since Stubbs was put in charge so the pressure is on. But some people need to calm down and not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Slim Shady
19-04-2022, 01:22 PM
Was BK in Glasgow for the VAR vote or does it not work like that?

No I voted via video link. 😉

jacomo
19-04-2022, 01:29 PM

Wow, that’s really poor. Really poor.

sahpaton
19-04-2022, 01:31 PM
Would be interesting if he faced the next Season Ticket holder Q&A rather than a manager 2 weeks from receiving his jotters or some 19/20 year old players.

Joe6-2
19-04-2022, 01:33 PM

Trust the process .....

Wtf

Alex Trager
19-04-2022, 01:39 PM
No I voted via video link. 😉

What was said at the corporate launch? I’m sure you saud you were there and it wasn’t what is being reported

Greenio
19-04-2022, 01:51 PM
My pal was there on the night in question and said that Ben had a photo of Sean Maloney in his wallet. Apparently he whipped it out, sparked a fag and burnt a hole right in his coupon then just walked out

superfurryhibby
19-04-2022, 01:53 PM

I seriously doubt that Kensell made the decision to sack Ross or Maloney.

Maybe our CEO can demonstrate his understanding of fan input into clubs finances and explain his plans to support and develop that? Both Hearts and Aberdeen seem to be managing this better than Hibs. Missing significant potential there.

Since452
19-04-2022, 01:54 PM
Wtf

That was probably before his boss told him to get rid.

Stubbsy90+2
19-04-2022, 01:59 PM
I’m not sure I’m all that convinced about Kensell telling folk Maloney was getting binned.

Why does it not seem to have been mentioned anywhere until after Maloney has been sacked?

jacomo
19-04-2022, 02:02 PM
I’m not sure I’m all that convinced about Kensell telling folk Maloney was getting binned.

Why does it not seem to have been mentioned anywhere until after Maloney has been sacked?

Are you calling out Pretty Boy on this?

jacomo
19-04-2022, 02:11 PM

I haven’t seen anything from him at all.

superfurryhibby
19-04-2022, 02:15 PM

Perhaps people hear things but don’t post them on Hibs.Net?

If you were Private Member, you would know this.

Stubbsy90+2
19-04-2022, 02:30 PM

No.

Stubbsy90+2
19-04-2022, 02:31 PM
Perhaps people hear things but don’t post them on Hibs.Net?

If you were Private Member, you would know this.

Fair enough if it’s been posted elsewhere.

Of course it not being posted on.net doesn’t mean it’s not true but there’s a lot of folk popping up now saying they heard it as well. As I said, I hadn’t seen it on here before Maloney was sacked but if it was on the private forum then different story.

Kensell should be sacked for that alone if it’s the case.

ancient hibee
19-04-2022, 04:11 PM
We

Pretty Boy says that he was told by someone who had been there not that he was there himself.

Hibiza
19-04-2022, 04:46 PM
Such shortsightedness, such , well crap. Ironically 4 pay offs today could have went a long way to get us the new pitch we need to play the football they wanted. Seems just a prima Donna does our Fella

Winston Ingram
19-04-2022, 05:58 PM
I think the fact that Kensell was all over the Maloney announcement and Ron announced his departure is not a great look for Kensell.

I found he’s been largely absent comms wise.

I would’ve expected a statement about us finishing in the bottom six, I’d have expected something about Porto being given another game but nothing.

On top of that, I don’t think the SPFL would’ve have dared give Porto and extra game with Leanne in charge.

B.H.F.C
19-04-2022, 06:11 PM
I think the fact that Kensell was all over the Maloney announcement and Ron announced his departure is not a great look for Kensell.

I would’ve expected a statement about us finishing in the bottom six, I’d have expected something about Porto being given another game but nothing.

On top of that, I don’t think the SPFL would’ve have dared give Porto and extra game with Leanne in charge.

Thought exactly the same. I don’t think he’ll be here much longer.

Allant1981
19-04-2022, 06:17 PM
Also lots of fans like myself that were present and heard exactly what he said.

Strange there has been nothing mentioned about it until now

Alex Trager
19-04-2022, 06:26 PM
Strange there has been nothing mentioned about it until now

Also strange no one that was present has corrected what was said

davhibby
19-04-2022, 06:43 PM

That last sentence would only be true because we’ve actually had a go at refs this season and been punished multiple times for doing so. Leeann was all too happy to shut up and try and be pals with everyone

A Hi-Bee
19-04-2022, 07:02 PM
That last sentence would only be true because we’ve actually had a go at refs this season and been punished multiple times for doing so. Leeann was all too happy to shut up and try and be pals with everyone

Particularly, if it was anything to do with sectarianism.

marinello59
19-04-2022, 07:11 PM
Particularly, if it was anything to do with sectarianism.

Rubbish.
LD conducted things in a dignified manner behind closed doors. BK loves the cheap crowd pleasing sound bite. Makes himself looks good but achieves nothing. Utter charlatan.

Tambo
19-04-2022, 07:19 PM
Rubbish.
LD conducted things in a dignified manner behind closed doors. BK loves the cheap crowd pleasing sound bite. Makes himself looks good but achieves nothing. Utter charlatan.

LD was on of the best things we had in my opinion. What a nightmare it has been since ibrox! Things just seem to be getting worse off the pitch as the season goes on.

Skol
19-04-2022, 07:24 PM
I think there is a good chance kensell will be gone tomorrow.

Gordon will have had him giving out the bad news today before then telling kensell his time is up.

Quite whee that leaves us though I don’t know.

leith lynx
19-04-2022, 07:27 PM

Gordon will have had him giving out the bad news today before then telling kensell his time is up.

BBC Scotland reporting that Ron will be talking to the media tomorrow, wouldn't surprise me if Ben has been shown the door.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2022, 07:28 PM

I’m wondering if Shaun was dismissed in person, and who did it
Jack was sacked via a phone call
Heard on Sportsound that Gordon is doing press conferences tomorrow . Hope he’s decided to get his ass over to Scotland, rather than do it via Zoom

Stuart93
19-04-2022, 07:29 PM
Heard there’s a CEO at Queen’s Park who doesn’t do a bad job at transforming a club

madhatter
19-04-2022, 07:29 PM
BBC Scotland reporting that Ron will be talking to the media tomorrow, wouldn't surprise me if Ben has been shown the door.

Might just be to control the narrative. Media love digging into Hibs at the moment. Ron Gordon probably needs to talk through what has happened and what is planned, even in a loose way just to give it a human feel. Give the club a face.

Alex Trager
19-04-2022, 07:32 PM

I’m not sure to be honest.

He seems to be doing well everywhere except from the footballing department.

Now there is no doubt that is the most important aspect, but if he is doing a good job elsewhere then it’s maybe best to reduce his responsibilities rather than get rid altogether.

Not sure how he would take that, mind you

LaMotta
19-04-2022, 07:40 PM

So which one is the better strategy?

Greenworld
19-04-2022, 08:02 PM
I seriously doubt that Kensell made the decision to sack Ross or Maloney.

Maybe our CEO can demonstrate his understanding of fan input into clubs finances and explain his plans to support and develop that? Both Hearts and Aberdeen seem to be managing this better than Hibs. Missing significant potential there.Kensell did not want Ross to go argued that he should stay . He was told by Ron Gordon to sack him . Malloney I dont know about .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

greenlex
19-04-2022, 08:04 PM
Kensell did not want Ross to go argued that he should stay . He was told by Ron Gordon to sack him . Malloney I dont know about .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
This.

GreenGray
19-04-2022, 08:38 PM
Rubbish.

Yeah, Dempster had her flawed but I doubt this sort of mess would have happened her. Kensell is now coming across as a bit of a chancer and has shown nothing to justify that he should be in charge of a rebuild. Get him and the son binned

ancient hibee
19-04-2022, 09:17 PM
Yeah, Dempster had her flawed but I doubt this sort of mess would have happened her. Kensell is now coming across as a bit of a chancer and has shown nothing to justify that he should be in charge of a rebuild. Get him and the son binned

Didn't she sack a manager for doing nothing wrong?

davhibby
19-04-2022, 09:19 PM
So which one is the better strategy?

I’d rather we tried to stand up for ourselves. I wasn’t defending Kensell, it’s just the same things as ex players are happening with Leeann on here. She done a great job when she came in but had overstayed her welcome by at least a year by the time she’d left, ask Queen’s Park fans what they think of her and you’d get a similar reception as if you asked Hibs fans about Kensell. Ron hasn’t replaced her well enough though and that’s on him.

Libby Hibby
19-04-2022, 09:25 PM
My pal was there on the night in question and said that Ben had a photo of Sean Maloney in his wallet. Apparently he whipped it out, sparked a fag and burnt a hole right in his coupon then just walked out

Marlboro lights too

number9dream
19-04-2022, 09:27 PM

I think Ron is doing a Zoom thing with selected journalists tomorrow afternoon. The BBC must be on the list, which no doubt means Brian McLaughlin will be puffing and panting through some dreadful questions.
I don't know enough after BK's role to criticise in any detail but he doesn't strike me as a workaholic, keys to the stadium operator like Dempster was.

GreenGray
19-04-2022, 09:36 PM
Didn't she sack a manager for doing nothing wrong?

As I said she wasn’t without her flaws. It was never this messy when she was in charge though.

Alex Trager
19-04-2022, 09:37 PM
I think Ron is doing a Zoom thing with selected journalists tomorrow afternoon. The BBC must be on the list, which no doubt means Brian McLaughlin will be puffing and panting through some dreadful questions.
I don't know enough after BK's role to criticise in any detail but he doesn't strike me as a workaholic, keys to the stadium operator like Dempster was.
Have you ever heard any his interviews?

He seems to work very hard and a lot of hours based on what he says

Unseen work
19-04-2022, 09:40 PM

Sorry but in what was is Kensell coming across as a chancer?

From interviews etc it sounds like he inherited a bit of a mess and whilst Dempster undoubtedly done some good work she also neglected a lot and never had nearly enough money coming into the club.

Kensell was supposedly instructed to sack Ross and it was his decision to appoint Maloney or at least identity him.

Him choosing the wrong manager doesn’t mean he’s a chancer unless I’m missing something.

GreenGray
19-04-2022, 09:44 PM
Sorry but in what was is Kensell coming across as a chancer?

From interviews etc it sounds like he inherited a bit of a mess and whilst Dempster undoubtedly done some good work she also neglected a lot and never had nearly enough money coming into the club.

Kensell was supposedly instructed to sack Ross and it was his decision to appoint Maloney or at least identity him.

Him choosing the wrong manager doesn’t mean he’s a chancer unless I’m missing something.

He just seems a bit of a hypocrite. Talks about trusting the process etc. a he’s gone after 4 months.

Also if rumours are to believed he was going round a fan event last week saying maloney was getting sacked? That’s shocking behaviour if true.

Just think he’s your classic case of talks a good game but is poor at his job. He thought the January window was brilliant 🤷🏻*♂️

Slim Shady
19-04-2022, 10:07 PM
Heard there’s a CEO at Queen’s Park who doesn’t do a bad job at transforming a club

Whilst she changed the direction of the club, it then became stagnant under Dempster and her ‘pals’.

Commercially we were a disgrace, with no direction coming from LD. We have moved on a lot off the park since Ron and Co come in.

CapitalGreen
19-04-2022, 10:44 PM
As I said she wasn’t without her flaws. It was never this messy when she was in charge though.

It was very messy when Lennon was sacked and then we tried to appoint Michael Appleton as his replacement only for him to reject us when offered terms. This resulted in us scrambling to appoint Hecky who’s style of play was in complete contrast to the supposed footballing model/philosophy she supposedly had in place and saw him binned after only 32 games.

bingo70
19-04-2022, 10:48 PM

It was this messy when NL got sacked.

Kensell made the wrong appointment in Maloney but I respect him for recognising the mistake and dealing with it when he could have tried to save face by letting Maloney stay on for the wrong reasons.

Next appointment is huge though.

Steven79
19-04-2022, 11:11 PM
It was this messy when NL got sacked.

Kensell made the wrong appointment in Maloney but I respect him for recognising the mistake and dealing with it when he could have tried to save face by letting Maloney stay on for the wrong reasons.

Next appointment is huge though.Ron is calling the shots not Ben.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jacomo
19-04-2022, 11:26 PM
It was very messy when Lennon was sacked and then we tried to appoint Michael Appleton as his replacement only for him to reject us when offered terms. This resulted in us scrambling to appoint Hecky who’s style of play was in complete contrast to the supposed footballing model/philosophy she supposedly had in place and saw him binned after only 32 games.

This is fair. It shows that the words ‘crisis’ and ‘shambles’ are never far away when a club is under performing, regardless of who is in charge.

Centre Hawf
20-04-2022, 12:02 AM

The handling of the sacking of Lennon and the entire Hecky era was nothing short of a disaster that set the club back again after the initial promotion season.

DetroitHibs
20-04-2022, 04:01 AM
LD had us without a main sponsor ffs.

OstKurve Hibs
20-04-2022, 04:12 AM
I’m wondering if Shaun was dismissed in person, and who did it
Jack was sacked via a phone call
Heard on Sportsound that Gordon is doing press conferences tomorrow . Hope he’s decided to get his ass over to Scotland, rather than do it via Zoom

The sun reporting he was sacked at the training ground by tango puss kensell, (prob keech but who knows)

The same rag also reporting an alarming amount of season tickets sold, just tryin to add fuel to the fire, season tickets have only been on sale week or so.

Allant1981
20-04-2022, 05:11 AM

So dont know about his role but will have a pop at him anyway, good one

Winston Ingram
20-04-2022, 05:54 AM
Ron is apparently making another statement today. Be interesting to see if Kensell features in that.

Nicho87
20-04-2022, 06:23 AM
Maybe Ron is selling up

Be that or Kensell gone

Maybe both

Unseen work
20-04-2022, 06:25 AM
Ron is apparently making another statement today. Be interesting to see if Kensell features in that.

Where have you heard this?

It was reported that he was doing a press conference/meeting over zoom but not heard anything about a statement.

Billy Whizz
20-04-2022, 06:32 AM
Maybe Ron is selling up

Be that or Kensell gone

Maybe both

Hopefully both

NC1875
20-04-2022, 06:32 AM
As someone said on here previously. He gives me “dodgy car salesman” vibes!