PDA

View Full Version : Team for St Mirrren

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tambo
18-04-2022, 12:55 PM
Right the first of many BIG games for Hibs starting on Saturday away to St Mirrren, so far this season it has been 2 draws and 1 win for the Saints.

No idea who could line up after the weekend but would definitely see starting places for Cadden, Porteous, Hanlon, Lewis, Clarke, Henderson.

I would be amazed if Maloney would scrap everything he has worked on so far this season and train a new system for a few days but something has to change.

Would love a 3-5-2 or even a basic 4-4-2 if Doig is back.

Dabrowski

Clarke Porteous Hanlon Doig

Cadden JDH/hendo Lewis Jasper/Mueller

Scott Melkersen

I'm guessing it's back to Rocky 😁

Sir David Gray
18-04-2022, 12:55 PM
Right the first of many BIG games for Hibs starting on Saturday away to St Mirrren, so far this season it has been 2 draws and 1 win for the Saints.

No idea who could line up after the weekend but would definitely see starting places for Cadden, Porteous, Hanlon, Lewis, Clarke, Henderson.

I would be amazed if Maloney would scrap everything he has worked on so far this season and train a new system for a few days but something has to change.

Dabrowski

Scott Melkersen

Porteous is suspended for our next two games.

Tambo
18-04-2022, 12:57 PM
Porteous is suspended for our next two games.

Ah yes the stupid red card at Aberdeen ffs

Unseen work
18-04-2022, 01:04 PM
Unsure about the next game.

We flooded the midfield which worked against hearts but won’t necessarily work against St Mirren and we need more of a goal threat imo.

I still want Clarke on the right and Henderson as one of the 2 centre mids but can’t see it so I’ll go for

…….………………Macey…………….

……….McGinn…Hanlon….Doig….

Cadden…..Newell….Stevenson…Clarke….

…………Henderson…..Jasper…

……………….……..Scott…..

jacomo
18-04-2022, 01:07 PM

Dabrowski

Scott Melkersen

I'm guessing it's back to Rocky 😁

His stubbornness could be his undoing.

It is clear to see that this 3-4-3 he insists on isn’t working.

JohnM1875
18-04-2022, 01:09 PM
No idea, but I'd be dropping Macey and Melkersen has to start, he's our player and it'll help him get used to the Scottish game. Thought Scott was fine on Saturday but he's not our player.

McGruber
18-04-2022, 01:11 PM

Dabrowski

Scott Melkersen

I'm guessing it's back to Rocky ��

Presumably being sarcastic with the BIG games.
5 damp squibs to see out the season - hard to care about what team gets put out now, season is over.

Personally play the younger players and definitely the guys here next season. No more pointless game time for Scott and Wright for example, they won't be here. Play Mueller, Melkerson, Jasper and give the young team game time - that's all thats left for us now

Diclonius
18-04-2022, 01:15 PM
Dabrowski

Cadden Clarke Hanlon Doig

Mueller Stevenson Newell Jasper

Henderson

Melkersen

Tambo
18-04-2022, 01:33 PM
5 damp squibs to see out the season - hard to care about what team gets put out now, season is over.

Personally play the younger players and definitely the guys here next season. No more pointless game time for Scott and Wright for example, they won't be here. Play Mueller, Melkerson, Jasper and give the young team game time - that's all thats left for us now

Not being sarcastic at all, just getting worried we end up 11th end of the season so I would say some big games coming up.

GreenCastle
18-04-2022, 01:40 PM
Did we not play 3-5-2 at the weekend?

Which meant he would have had about 3 or 4 training sessions to train it with a starting 11 that had never played together before our biggest game of the season.

flash
18-04-2022, 01:42 PM
No idea, but I'd be dropping Macey and Melkersen has to start, he's our player and it'll help him get used to the Scottish game. Thought Scott was fine on Saturday but he's not our player.

Would only drop Macey after he has made a few bad mistakes which he hasn't.

BoomtownHibees
18-04-2022, 01:45 PM

No

Heisenberg
18-04-2022, 01:46 PM

Which meant he would have had about 3 or 4 training sessions to train it with a starting 11 that had never played together before our biggest game of the season.

I thought we did. Midfield three of JDH, Stevenson and Newell. Henderson playing just off Scott upfront.

Since452
18-04-2022, 01:48 PM
Same team apart from Porto. Really don't fancy us at all.

JohnM1875
18-04-2022, 01:48 PM
Would only drop Macey after he has made a few bad mistakes which he hasn't.

I'd say kicking the ball out of the pitch on more than one occasion under zero pressure is a bad mistake. There is almost nothing between Macey and Dabrowski in terms of keeping ability my opinion. Time to give Dabrowski a run of games.

Billy Whizz
18-04-2022, 01:52 PM
A simple matter of a min Ł600k between 7th and 11th, forgetting the other matter of relegation, strongest possible team, now until the end of the season

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2022, 02:01 PM
Anyone but Scott up front please. He is dreadful and will not be here next season.

Hauge, melkersen, Henderson, muller should all start. Do something different

jacomo
18-04-2022, 02:07 PM
Anyone but Scott up front please. He is dreadful and will not be here next season.

Hauge, melkersen, Henderson, muller should all start. Do something different

:agree:

Will look forward to his customary 70th minute sub appearance instead. :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
18-04-2022, 02:22 PM
No

What was the set up on Saturday ?

BoomtownHibees
18-04-2022, 02:40 PM
What was the set up on Saturday ?

I reckon Henderson was running from deep rather than playing as an actual striker

andrew70
18-04-2022, 02:54 PM

3-5-1-1

Which if he had switched to at one up at Tynie we’d have won.

FWIW Maloney, if still here, will make us a very good thing next season

As for Saints I’d go Hanlon in the middle and Doig LCH with JDH, Henderson, Stevenson in the middle. Cadden and Clarke wing backs.

Jasper in behind Scott.

I honestly think the majority of the semi final team deserve another chance. We need an improved performance that is definitive in an otherwise poor season.

GreenCastle
18-04-2022, 03:15 PM
3-5-1-1

Which if he had switched to at one up at Tynie we’d have won.

FWIW Maloney, if still here, will make us a very good thing next season

As for Saints I’d go Hanlon in the middle and Doig LCH with JDH, Henderson, Stevenson in the middle. Cadden and Clarke wing backs.

Jasper in behind Scott.

I honestly think the majority of the semi final team deserve another chance. We need an improved performance that is definitive in an otherwise poor season.

Right ok - was saying 352 but really it was Henderson just slightly deeper.

Point still stands it was a new formation which he had less than a week to work on before the biggest game of the season.

andrew70
18-04-2022, 03:46 PM
Right ok - was saying 352 but really it was Henderson just slightly deeper.

Point still stands it was a new formation which he had less than a week to work on before the biggest game of the season.

We have previously played 352 under Maloney. The narrative that he doesn’t change anything is nothing more than attempting to sully his name. Obviously that’s not what you are saying but it really winds me up.

Hibee Mac
18-04-2022, 04:40 PM
We have previously played 352 under Maloney. The narrative that he doesn’t change anything is nothing more than attempting to sully his name. Obviously that’s not what you are saying but it really winds me up.Genuinely interested to hear how you think he's changed things this season? I've genuinely seen very little change whatsoever since his first couple of games in charge.

Yes I think technically we've played 2 up front in a few games like the home derby but we have by and large stuck with the same ponderous football which is generating very few chances on goal every game.

bod
18-04-2022, 05:31 PM
Think he’ll go with the same starting 11 except rocky in for Ryan

Jones28
18-04-2022, 05:33 PM
I really don’t see what Macey is doing so wrong to deserve dropping, except following Marciano of course.

bigwheel
18-04-2022, 05:37 PM
I really don’t see what Macey is doing so wrong to deserve dropping, except following Marciano of course.

His distribution is poor , but he’s a better keeper than the alternatives …he should keep his place imo

madhatter
18-04-2022, 05:51 PM
Genuinely interested to hear how you think he's changed things this season? I've genuinely seen very little change whatsoever since his first couple of games in charge.

Yes I think technically we've played 2 up front in a few games like the home derby but we have by and large stuck with the same ponderous football which is generating very few chances on goal every game.

We do not have a senior striker of any note fit and available at the club. Creating chances and having attacking football is extremely difficult when you have nothing up top.

Even Jasper, Mueller and Mitchell have picked up injuries so we barely have wingers and/or anybody with a trick or bit of pace.

Do not envy Maloney, every week its a new injury or suspension. Zero chance to build cohesion and momentum.

andrew70
18-04-2022, 05:54 PM
Genuinely interested to hear how you think he's changed things this season? I've genuinely seen very little change whatsoever since his first couple of games in charge.

He’s tried to coach players who are very limited in to possession based, passing attacking football. We’ve went from a counter attacking team to the above and he’s, somewhat stubbornly, refused to admit it’s just not possible with the majority of players he has. That’s his one blot for me but that will improve with better recruitment.

We’ve played several different formations to try and suit what we’ve got but not one has worked, that’s not all on Maloney.

If he can get them to play as per the Dundee United away match then he will do great things with better players.

Also don’t underestimate the loss of Kevin Nisbet again he was showing to be pivotal in his favoured formation but the injuries will quite rightly get looked over as results are not what is desired.

On the face of it he’s changed nothing, in truth he’s tried hard, manipulated situations but failed to come up with an answer but the personnel changes have offered nothing.

Hands tied behind his back. Hopefully he stays and we can come back to this in October.

Scooter
18-04-2022, 06:06 PM
4-3-3

GK

Clarke
Mcginn
Hanlon
Doig

Cadden
JDH
Henderson

Melkersen
Scott
Jasper

where'stheslope
18-04-2022, 06:14 PM
Worthy of note!!!
St Mirren guy who can hit the ball from well outside the box needs watching think his name Ronan!!!

Inconsequential
18-04-2022, 09:36 PM
I really don’t see what Macey is doing so wrong to deserve dropping, except following Marciano of course. Spot on!

Ozyhibby
18-04-2022, 10:42 PM
I can see where we went wrong on Saturday if this is the first of our big games?[emoji23]
Looks like we’re sticking with Maloney so I’m predicting 5 points to finish the season. Safe from relegation and totally bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden
19-04-2022, 07:24 AM
He’s tried to coach players who are very limited in to possession based, passing attacking football. We’ve went from a counter attacking team to the above and he’s, somewhat stubbornly, refused to admit it’s just not possible with the majority of players he has. That’s his one blot for me but that will improve with better recruitment.

We’ve played several different formations to try and suit what we’ve got but not one has worked, that’s not all on Maloney.

If he can get them to play as per the Dundee United away match then he will do great things with better players.

Also don’t underestimate the loss of Kevin Nisbet again he was showing to be pivotal in his favoured formation but the injuries will quite rightly get looked over as results are not what is desired.

On the face of it he’s changed nothing, in truth he’s tried hard, manipulated situations but failed to come up with an answer but the personnel changes have offered nothing.

Hands tied behind his back. Hopefully he stays and we can come back to this in October.

Sorry but our players are not that limited. If he can’t get these guys to play passing football from the back, he’s going to struggle. Hanlon, Porto, McGinn have all shown they can play good passing football but it goes nowhere under Maloney.

The one defender he brought in himself can barely control the ball

Also he had Nisbet fit for January/February and we were still rubbish with very little goal threat in the league.

Can’t share your optimism

Tambo
19-04-2022, 07:53 AM
I can see where we went wrong on Saturday if this is the first of our big games?[emoji23]
Looks like we’re sticking with Maloney so I’m predicting 5 points to finish the season. Safe from relegation and totally bored.

Saturday has gone now when I posted the thread. If results go against us at the weekend we could find ourselves in 9th place with St Johnstone 5 behind with 12 to play.

I would consider the next few games big games for our safety.

Definitely has the Butcher vibe with we are to good and no way will we be relegated.

Hibee Mac
19-04-2022, 07:53 AM

Hands tied behind his back. Hopefully he stays and we can come back to this in October.I admire your optimism mate. I've been hoping Maloney will turn it around for weeks now but every game that passes I'm quickly turning from optimism to realism ...

What I can't quite understand is why it is assumed by so many that Maloney knows exactly what he's doing and the problem is the players? Or the problem is the injuries?

It's just as likely, if not more likely, that the problem is Maloney hasn't got a clue what he's doing. He has no track record of management, and he's already showing red flags such as choosing mental starting 11s, unable to make the right substitutions to change a game and an inability to get the best from the players at his disposal.

And that last one is undisputable for me, there is no question we should have made top 6 with the players he had.

Since452
19-04-2022, 07:59 AM

:agree: Dropping our best keeper doesn't make sense to me.

Jones28
19-04-2022, 08:12 AM
Stevenson has to start.

Macey
Cadden Bushiri Hanlon Doig
Stevenson
Clarke Henderson Newall Jasper
Melkerson

andrew70
19-04-2022, 08:23 AM
Sorry but our players are not that limited. If he can’t get these guys to play passing football from the back, he’s going to struggle. Hanlon, Porto, McGinn have all shown they can play good passing football but it goes nowhere under Maloney.

Also he had Nisbet fit for January/February and we were still rubbish with very little goal threat in the league.

Porteous is the only one who can play out from the back, Hanlon’s long diagonals aren’t what we are needing and McGinn can’t pass for toffee.

It’s going nowhere because we don’t have good enough players especially in the midfield to pass to and carry the ball forward.

Nisbet was pivotal to the system. Again there’s little creativity, agreed = poor midfield.

It’s not optimism it’s quite clear what’s gone wrong and where it will go right with better recruitment given time. Which he deserves.

SlickShoes
19-04-2022, 08:24 AM

At what point do stray passes and errors belong to the players and not the manager? You state that the 3 players above are good at passing football, but multiple times they have made errors that have cost us. I do think they are all decent players but if they can't control the ball or make a 6 yard pass that's something they need to fix, the manager isn't sending them out to deliberately make errors.

Our season was littered with stuff like this before Maloney even came, stupid slack passes and mistakes that cost us games has been a theme for a while now.

Tyler Durden
19-04-2022, 08:34 AM
Porteous is the only one who can play out from the back, Hanlon’s long diagonals aren’t what we are needing and McGinn can’t pass for toffee.

It’s going nowhere because we don’t have good enough players especially in the midfield to pass to and carry the ball forward.

Nisbet was pivotal to the system. Again there’s little creativity, agreed = poor midfield.

It’s not optimism it’s quite clear what’s gone wrong and where it will go right with better recruitment given time. Which he deserves.

It’s just deluded wishful thinking.

Here are the players that we have for the centre back and wing back positions: Doig, Cadden, Clarke, McGinn, Hanlon, Porto, Stevenson, Mitchell.

Does anyone really believe we are going to recruit better players at our level than this group?

And yet we’re totally ineffective at passing out from the back and working the ball into good positions at all, never mind at any pace. That comes down to the coaching and the pattern of play, which is non existent.

A few new midfielders doesn’t change this. A decent coach would improve things virtually overnight.

Tyler Durden
19-04-2022, 08:40 AM
At what point do stray passes and errors belong to the players and not the manager? You state that the 3 players above are good at passing football, but multiple times they have made errors that have cost us. I do think they are all decent players but if they can't control the ball or make a 6 yard pass that's something they need to fix, the manager isn't sending them out to deliberately make errors.

Our season was littered with stuff like this before Maloney even came, stupid slack passes and mistakes that cost us games has been a theme for a while now.

Absolutely the players are guilty of individual errors. McGinn on Saturday being the latest.

But the coach is instructing them on when and where to try to play out. We just naively invite pressure and fall into obvious traps that the opposition set. We don’t learn from game to game.

Ultimately that all comes down to the coach. At every area of the pitch the player in possession should know instinctively the 2/3 options they have to pass to. There should be partnerships and triangles that they have worked on. We see none of that.

Onceinawhile
19-04-2022, 08:47 AM
Absolutely the players are guilty of individual errors. McGinn on Saturday being the latest.

But the coach is instructing them on when and where to try to play out. We just naively invite pressure and fall into obvious traps that the opposition set. We don’t learn from game to game.

Ultimately that all comes down to the coach. At every area of the pitch the player in possession should know instinctively the 2/3 options they have to pass to. There should be partnerships and triangles that they have worked on. We see none of that.

I'd disagree that we see none of it. I'd say we don't see enough of it.

There was at least one occasion on Saturday where we worked a goal kick out and up into the attacking third.

It's certainly not happening often enough, but it is happening.

Mcginn is not good enough with the ball to play this way though IMO, but is a better option than rocky.

Macey

Doig
Hanlon
Mcginn

Stevenson
Newell
JDH
Clarke

Henderson
Melkerson
Sylvester

Is the team I would pick. But I suspect it'll be miles away from that.

flash
19-04-2022, 09:52 AM
Interested to see if Sir David keeps the formation similar or reverts to 4 at the back.

Blaster
19-04-2022, 10:03 AM
Interested to see if Sir David keeps the formation similar or reverts to 4 at the back.

I expect we’ve seen the end of fannying about with the ball so close to our own box.

LewysGot2
19-04-2022, 10:04 AM

As much interested in who he trusts to deliver. Some of these picks will a reflection of character - although he can’t select Porto yet.

flash
19-04-2022, 10:08 AM
I expect we’ve seen the end of fannying about with the ball so close to our own box.

It was a ridiculous idea. Celtic and Rangers, with far superior players, couldn't do it on Sunday so how we thought our boys could beggars belief

Unseen work
19-04-2022, 10:15 AM
I trust Gray will get us back to basics

…………….………….Macey…………….

Clarke……McGinn…..Hanlon…..Doig….

Cadden…..Newell…..Stevenson…..Jasper….

……………………..Henderson……

………………………Doidge/Scott……..

Billy Whizz
19-04-2022, 11:09 AM
The curse of St Mirren up next!
When Lennon was suspended it was St Mirren we played next, and the same come Saturday
Think it may have been the game after Ross left as well

Onceinawhile
19-04-2022, 11:20 AM
The curse of St Mirren up next!
When Lennon was suspended it was St Mirren we played next, and the same come Saturday
Think it may have been the game after Ross left as well

SDG was definitely in charge last time we had St Mirren away.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2022, 12:17 PM

And it was Eddie May after Lennon left

sauzeelegod
19-04-2022, 01:48 PM
Dabrowski

Cadden
Clarke
Hanlon
Doig

Henderson
Stevenson
Newell

Hauge
Melkersen
Jasper

Ronniekirk
19-04-2022, 04:47 PM

And was assisted by Eddie May

Ronniekirk
19-04-2022, 04:48 PM
Porto being suspended for next two games is a blow we could of done without

19-04-2022, 06:57 PM
And was assisted by Eddie May

Does anyone know who the guy Busch is who will help SDG and Eddie May.

bigwheel
19-04-2022, 07:00 PM

American goalie coach. Samson replacement

Ps Samson was in the Hibs end at Hampden on Saturday . Nice guy and was very well thought of by staff and players.

Lendo
19-04-2022, 07:02 PM

Head Goalkeeping coach

19-04-2022, 07:36 PM
Head Goalkeeping coach

Thanks.

Stubbsy90+2
19-04-2022, 07:39 PM
Dabrowski

Cadden
Clarke
Hanlon
Doig

Newell
Stevenson

Jasper
Henderson
Mueller

Scott

J-C
19-04-2022, 07:42 PM
Back to basics

Macey

Claeke
McGinn
Hanlon
Stevenson

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Doig

Henderson

Scott

Billy Whizz
19-04-2022, 07:43 PM
Dabrowski

Cadden
Clarke
Hanlon
Doig

Newell
Stevenson

Jasper
Henderson
Mueller

Scott

I hope 100% this isn’t the team, just awful

J-C
19-04-2022, 07:45 PM

Problem is Billy, the majority of these players are bang average and no matter who you pick it doesn't look great.

Stubbsy90+2
19-04-2022, 07:45 PM

Unfortunately that’s almost always going to be the case when the squad is awful.

What would you go with Billy?

madhatter
19-04-2022, 07:49 PM
Dabrowski

Doig
Hanlon
Bushiri
Clarke

Cadden
Henderson
Stevenson
Jasper

Scott
Melkersen

Billy Whizz
19-04-2022, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately that’s almost always going to be the case when the squad is awful.

What would you go with Billy?

I never have a go at individual players, but there’s no way Gray/May will go with this
St Mirren, are fighting for there lives, we need battling qualities

ionahibby
19-04-2022, 08:17 PM
Will be interesting see if doidge suddenly reappears.

yerauldda
19-04-2022, 08:50 PM
Macey
Clarke McGinn Hanlon Doig
Cadden JDH Henderson Stevenson Jasper
Doidge

sauzeelegod
19-04-2022, 10:33 PM

Dabrowski

Clarke
Hanlon
Doig

Cadden
Lewis
Newell
Jasper

Henderson

Doidge
Melkersen

CockneyRebel
20-04-2022, 08:02 AM

Dabrowski

Clarke
Hanlon
Doig

Cadden
Lewis
Newell
Jasper

Henderson

Doidge
Melkersen

Like the look of that team as long as Doidge can show he is a bit sharper than he has been up to now. I know he is "rehabbing" his way back but not showing much so far in his cameo roles. Back to form he could be a huge help to Melkerson finding his feet in Scottish football.

erin go bragh
20-04-2022, 09:10 AM
Dabrowski

Cadden

Clarke
McGregor
Hanlon

Doig

JDH
Stevenson
Newall

Jasper
Mekerson

OldEast
20-04-2022, 10:27 AM
Dabrowski

Cadden

Clarke
McGregor
Hanlon

Doig

JDH
Stevenson
Newall

Jasper
Mekerson

My only concern would be Daz. Is he fit enough? We're not out the woods yet and if we can't score we certainly can't concede. Neither McGinn nor Rocky would fill me full of confidence though.

500miles
20-04-2022, 10:57 AM
......................Macey
.Cadden.Rocky......Hanlon...Doig
Clark..Henderson.Newell..Stevenson
..............Doidge.....Melkersen

Turkish Green
20-04-2022, 11:26 AM
What he said...

Macey

Cadden
McGregor
Hanlon
Doig

Henderson
JDH
Newell
Stevenson

Doidge
Melkersen

0-0 enough to secure a 10th place finish.

Shrekko
20-04-2022, 11:35 AM
His distribution is poor , but he’s a better keeper than the alternatives …he should keep his place imo

I agree his distribution is very poor but are the people consistently clamouring for Dabrowski genuinely believing his is better? I'd say it's arguably worse.

Macey has been a highly consistently good performer all season- one of the last players I'd drop, although I'm not denying we may need to try and upgrade the position in the summer.

FilipinoHibs
20-04-2022, 12:41 PM
I agree his distribution is very poor but are the people consistently clamouring for Dabrowski genuinely believing his is better? I'd say it's arguably worse.

Macey has been a highly consistently good performer all season- one of the last players I'd drop, although I'm not denying we may need to try and upgrade the position in the summer.

Agree given how bad we are at defending Cross balls, he is a must starter because of his height and ability to catch a cross.

kirk1875
20-04-2022, 09:42 PM
3-5-2

GK - Macey

LCB - Hanlon
CB - Rocky
RCB - Clarke

LWB - Doig
RWB - Cadden

CM - Stevenson
CM - Newell

CAM - Henderson

ST - Melkerson
ST - Scott

California-Hibs
20-04-2022, 10:55 PM
Whats the situation with Doidge? Do we know for sure that he is 100% available for selection and not injured?

Ronniekirk
21-04-2022, 05:59 AM
Whats the situation with Doidge? Do we know for sure that he is 100% available for selection and not injured?

No we don’t wasn’t deemed fit enough for the semi so assume gray will give us an update on that before weekend
But given he has had another injury he is going to need yet more game time before he is match fit and if Maloneys
assessment was right he has lost a lot of his physicality
In reality he has shown very little to suggest he will turn things around in next five games
Probably needs a good preseason and we are left hoping he can get that physicality back and find his confidence and form
But assume Gray will give him some game time if fit even if just off the bench to begin with

Hibee Mac
21-04-2022, 07:36 AM
3-5-2

GK - Macey

LCB - Hanlon
CB - Rocky
RCB - Clarke

LWB - Doig
RWB - Cadden

CM - Stevenson
CM - Newell

CAM - Henderson

ST - Melkerson
ST - ScottYes please. I'd even swap Scott for Doidge if he's fit.

This is the type of lineup which shows what a crap job Maloney was doing. Players in their natural positions and instantly our injury situation looks a lot better. I expect Gray to field something like this.

Tyler Durden
21-04-2022, 07:36 AM
3-5-2

GK - Macey

LCB - Hanlon
CB - Rocky
RCB - Clarke

LWB - Doig
RWB - Cadden

CM - Stevenson
CM - Newell

CAM - Henderson

ST - Melkerson
ST - Scott

On the basis Doidge isn’t fit, that would be my team also.

I think we’ll see the best of Henderson with 2 forwards in front of him. And also Melkersen will benefit from a strike partner. Simple stuff that Maloney could have done weeks ago

bigwheel
21-04-2022, 08:34 AM
I genuinely believe Dabrowski is the better keeper.Macey has his pluses but his negatives outweigh them and to some extent he is at the root of some of our problems.

1. His distribution and the pace of it often puts us under pressue straight from our 6yard line.

2. He has been booked more often than any other GK in the top flight for time wasting.

3. He rarely looks up and sees one of our wide men in free space on the half way line.

4. His bye kicks are either aimlessly punted into a zone than targetted or he passes sideways in the box allowing opposition players to pressure our central defenders 10yds from goal.

5. He is obviously catrying an injury and that means one of our Central defenders taking his kick pulling them out of position allowing the opposition to press us higher up the field.

Ok he's a good shot stopper but he needs to up hos overall game

I’d say from what we’ve seen of Dabrowski : both of them are poor with the ball at their feet, and Macey is a notably better keeper ..

Hibee Mac
21-04-2022, 08:53 AM
I genuinely believe Dabrowski is the better keeper.Macey has his pluses but his negatives outweigh them and to some extent he is at the root of some of our problems.

1. His distribution and the pace of it often puts us under pressue straight from our 6yard line.

2. He has been booked more often than any other GK in the top flight for time wasting.

3. He rarely looks up and sees one of our wide men in free space on the half way line.

4. His bye kicks are either aimlessly punted into a zone than targetted or he passes sideways in the box allowing opposition players to pressure our central defenders 10yds from goal.

5. He is obviously catrying an injury and that means one of our Central defenders taking his kick pulling them out of position allowing the opposition to press us higher up the field.

Ok he's a good shot stopper but he needs to up hos overall gameHonestly mate you could attribute every one of your negatives to Dabrowski too.

I am not a huge fan of Macey either, and I think GK is a position we should be looking to strengthen this summer. But by the same note, I think we'll need to look outside the club to strengthen, as opposed to Dabrowski.

Northernhibee
21-04-2022, 08:55 AM
Dabrowski
Cadden
Clarke
Hanlon
Doig

Stevenson
Newell
Henderson

Hauge
Scott
Melkersen

flash
21-04-2022, 08:57 AM
Quite scary how many folk think Dabrowski should be in goals.

Smartie
21-04-2022, 09:02 AM

I don’t really feel like he’s ever let us down when he’s played, and he’s made a few good saves.

Macey has played more, therefore had more opportunities to make mistakes and concede goals, therefore they stick in the mind a bit more.

Dabrowski is at worst a very able deputy. I quite like him and would be happy to see him get a proper run, especially given I’m not totally convinced by Macey.

I do think we could probably do with a new keeper though.

Logie Green
21-04-2022, 04:04 PM

I understand your frustration/lack of enthusiasm but Saturday could have a significant impact on the remaining games.

If we win and St Johnstone don’t we should be safe enough. If we draw or lose and St Johnstone win it’s all to play for in terms of not getting dragged into real trouble.

Like everyone else I hope we’ll be as safe as possible after Saturday’s game but we had a similar situation under Butcher and eventually ran out of games.

Hopefully Gray and May will put square pegs in square holes for the remaining matches and we can avoid further misery in the league this season.

inglisavhibs
21-04-2022, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=California-Hibs;6932762]Whats the situation with Doidge? Do we know for sure that he is 100% available for selection and not injured?[/Q

He has an injured ankle with Doig and Hanlon very doubtful as well.

Onceinawhile
22-04-2022, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=California-Hibs;6932762]Whats the situation with Doidge? Do we know for sure that he is 100% available for selection and not injured?[/Q

He has an injured ankle with Doig and Hanlon very doubtful as well.

Anyone who played centre back might want to take their boots along to the stadium the morn then, cause that only really leaves us with Rocky!

Smartie
22-04-2022, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=inglisavhibs;6933576]

Anyone who played centre back might want to take their boots along to the stadium the morn then, cause that only really leaves us with Rocky!

Back 3 of Lewis, Rocky and McGinn?

flash
22-04-2022, 03:36 PM
Doig and Hanlon both trained today.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2022, 03:38 PM

Great news, we need all our good players available

flash
22-04-2022, 03:43 PM
Great news, we need all our good players available

Players look like they are really enjoying training.

JamesHFC
22-04-2022, 04:06 PM
Players look like they are really enjoying training.

Our social platforms release footage of players smiling and laughing in training every week to be fair.

flash
22-04-2022, 04:07 PM
Our social platforms release footage of players smiling and laughing in training every week to be fair.

I prefer to think it's Sir David that's making them happy in their work.

B.H.F.C
22-04-2022, 04:08 PM
Macey

Clarke
Rocky
Hanlon

Cadden
Stevenson
Newell/JDH
Henderson
Doig

Scott
Melkersen

It’s not a great team but just get players playing in positions they have the best chance of doing well.

flash
22-04-2022, 04:12 PM
Macey

McGinn
Hanlon
Doig

Cadden
Newall
JDH
Stevenson
Clarke

Henderson

Melkerson.

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2022, 04:13 PM
Nothing scarey about it. He is the better keeper.

flash
22-04-2022, 04:17 PM
Nothing scarey about it. He is the better keeper.

You have literally nothing to base that on.

JohnM1875
22-04-2022, 04:19 PM

Maybe they think Dabrowski has looked better in the six games he's played this year?

Smartie
22-04-2022, 04:28 PM

Great news.

I'm struggling a bit to figure out where I'd want to play Clarke and Stevenson.

Back 4 and diamond it is.

Dabrowski

Cadden or McGinn
Clarke
Hanlon
Doig

Stevenson

JDH
Newell

Henderson

Scott
Melkerson

Since452
22-04-2022, 04:30 PM

I really don't understand it either. Dabrowski is an able back up but never better than Macey.

OldEast
22-04-2022, 04:47 PM
I really don't understand it either. Dabrowski is an able back up but never better than Macey.

Hangover from Macey taking over number 1 spot from Rocky. He'll never win everyone over.

bigwheel
22-04-2022, 04:50 PM

I’d go as far to say that Dabrowski will never be our number one keeper…needs to move to get regular football…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
22-04-2022, 04:52 PM

Dabrowski's shot stopping stats are 9% better than Macey's.

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2022, 04:53 PM
Dabrowski's shot stopping stats are 9% better than Macey's.

With a significantly smaller sample size.

Northernhibee
22-04-2022, 05:09 PM
With a significantly smaller sample size.

Yes, but Macey's shot stopping stats aren't particularly good compared to a lot of other keepers in the league. If his distribution was better than that wouldn't be quite an issue, but the problem is that he's really a bang average keeper all round.

I'd be willing to give Dabrowski more of a run to see what momentum he builds up.

B.H.F.C
22-04-2022, 05:27 PM
Yes, but Macey's shot stopping stats aren't particularly good compared to a lot of other keepers in the league. If his distribution was better than that wouldn't be quite an issue, but the problem is that he's really a bang average keeper all round.

I'd be willing to give Dabrowski more of a run to see what momentum he builds up.

Dabrowski not done anything wrong in the games he’s played but found himself out of the team as soon as Macey has been fit again. If you were bringing in a goalie who was significantly better, I’d get it, but you’re not IMO, so it’s been quite harsh on him.

sauzeelegod
22-04-2022, 06:45 PM
Great news.

I'm struggling a bit to figure out where I'd want to play Clarke and Stevenson.

Back 4 and diamond it is.

Dabrowski

Cadden or McGinn
Clarke
Hanlon
Doig

Stevenson

JDH
Newell

Henderson

Scott
Melkerson

Diamond would be nice.
I’d move Henderson back for JDH and put Jasper at the tip.

allmodcons
22-04-2022, 08:25 PM

:agree:

Allant1981
22-04-2022, 08:32 PM

Based on what?

Dmas
22-04-2022, 09:53 PM
Macey

Hanlon
Bushiri
Mcginn

Doig
Clarke

Stevenson
Newell
Cadden

Melkersen

Scott

Stuart93
22-04-2022, 10:14 PM
I’d like to see 2 up top

Forza Fred
23-04-2022, 06:51 AM
I'd say kicking the ball out of the pitch on more than one occasion under zero pressure is a bad mistake. There is almost nothing between Macey and Dabrowski in terms of keeping ability my opinion. Time to give Dabrowski a run of games.

If we dropped everybody for putting the ball out while under no pressure we'd be very short of midfielders, never mind goalies..

JimBHibees
23-04-2022, 09:05 AM
I’d say from what we’ve seen of Dabrowski : both of them are poor with the ball at their feet, and Macey is a notably better keeper ..

That's my view also personally would be getting a new number one in.

Billy Whizz
23-04-2022, 09:12 AM
A win today and a Motherwell defeat, sees Hibs into the top 6😜

Zazu62
23-04-2022, 09:31 AM
We are so powderpuff up front and in the middle of the park

JohnM1875
23-04-2022, 09:37 AM
If we dropped everybody for putting the ball out while under no pressure we'd be very short of midfielders, never mind goalies..

To be fair Maloney is gone so I'm sure Macey won't be asked to try and be Ederson or Alison any more.

AlbertK86
23-04-2022, 10:15 AM
Macey

Clarke
Hanlon
Stevenson

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Doig

Allan

Melkerson
Scott

ahibby
23-04-2022, 10:38 AM
Macey

Clarke
Hanlon
Stevenson

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Doig

Allan

Melkerson
Scott

Dont think its a good idea to start Allan.

Keith_M
23-04-2022, 10:44 AM
I’d like to see 2 up top

Me too, but what's that got to do with the team set up?

:wink:

Tambo
23-04-2022, 11:51 AM
I thought Dabrowski had done well when he had his spell and maybe didn't deserve to be dropped but Maloney had Macey as our number one.

I feel a little bit more secure now that Maloney has gone and looking forward to seeing how we set up now.

Saint Hibee
23-04-2022, 11:59 AM
Surprised at how many have Scott in their starting line ups. I get that options are limited, but wouldn’t it be worth giving one of the youngsters an opportunity up front?

Smartie
23-04-2022, 12:05 PM
Surprised at how many have Scott in their starting line ups. I get that options are limited, but wouldn’t it be worth giving one of the youngsters an opportunity up front?

We don’t really know much / enough about them and whilst disaster may be a remote possibility, it remains a possibility.

I actually thought Scott did fine last week and might do better with more support / a partner.

Allant1981
23-04-2022, 12:20 PM
Macey
Clarke
Hanlon
Stevenson
Cadden
JDH
Newell
Henderson
Doig
Melkersen
Doidge(scott if doidge is still out)

ahibby
23-04-2022, 12:25 PM
We don’t really know much / enough about them and whilst disaster may be a remote possibility, it remains a possibility.

I actually thought Scott did fine last week and might do better with more support / a partner.

Just a bit slow to come out and block the shot for their second goal last week. In the other hand he isnt a defender but I think Doidge would have read it and been out quicker I thought they were all slower to loose balls compared to yhem, which is a sign of things having not been quite right.

Brightside
23-04-2022, 12:40 PM
I wouldn’t play Scott, simply because he will be away soon. Unless of course Ben has already decided to sign him.

Stubbsy90+2
23-04-2022, 12:42 PM

Agree.

Macey is a poor-average keeper for our level and where we want to be imo.

We need better going forward.

Tambo
23-04-2022, 12:45 PM
Scott and Melkersen start

Tambo
23-04-2022, 12:46 PM
Could be a 3-5-2? Not sure how to post the Twitter line up.

Newcastlehibby
23-04-2022, 12:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRB3htYXsAEkRqg?format=jpg&name=small

HH81
23-04-2022, 12:49 PM
Team looks good. Let's do it.

Scooter
23-04-2022, 12:51 PM
Could be a 3-5-2? Not sure how to post the Twitter line up.

Could be 4-3-3 could be 4-3-1-2 just need to wait and see

FilipinoHibs

4-4-2

Going fot it.

Stuart93
I reckon it’s a 352. With every player playing in the position that’s meant to be their position. No pissing about trying to squeeze them in.

Clarke Hanlon Mcginn CBs
Cadden Stevenson WBs
JDH Newell
Henderson
Scott Melk

JohnM1875
23-04-2022, 12:52 PM
100% a 3-5-2 for me.

Let's ****ing do this, Hibs!

Tambo
23-04-2022, 12:53 PM
4-4-2

Going fot it.

Could be a good shout with Henderson drifting inside. Hopefully we get bodies in the opposition half.

hibbyfraelibby
23-04-2022, 12:54 PM

Looks like 442 with ability to switch to 3511 or 4141

Smartie
23-04-2022, 12:56 PM
I wouldn’t play Scott, simply because he will be away soon. Unless of course Ben has already decided to sign him.

I’d have him back down at Hull as soon as relegation is mathematically impossible.

Until then, he’s arguably the best of a bad bunch.

Aldo
100% a 3-5-2 for me.

McGinn Hanlon Stevenson

Cadden Newell JDH Clarke
Henderson

Scott Melkerson

Tambo
If it's a 4-4-2 then looks like either Mcginn or Clarke at CB.

Macey

Mcginn
Hanlon
Lewis

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Clarke

Henderson

Scott
Melkersen

ahibby
100% a 3-5-2 for me.

Dont think it matters whether its 3 5 2 ir 4 4 2. It can be either and even 5 3 2 if the game calls for it. Sure it will change as the game pans out.

JohnM1875
23-04-2022, 12:57 PM
GK - Macey

CB - Stevenson
CB - Hanlon
CB - McGinn

LWB/LM - Clarke
CM - Newell
CM - JDH
CM - Henderson
RWB/RM - Cadden

ST - Scott
ST - Melkersen

That'll be how we line up I reckon.

JohnM1875
23-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Dont think it matters whether its 3 5 2 ir 4 4 2. It can be either and even 5 3 2 if the game calls for it. Sure it will change as the game pans out.

Totally agree. Just pleased we seem to be going with two up top.

Stuart93
23-04-2022, 12:58 PM
GK - Macey

CB - Stevenson
CB - Hanlon
CB - McGinn

LWB/LM - Clarke
CM - Newell
CM - JDH
CM - Henderson
RWB/RM - Cadden

ST - Scott
ST - Melkersen

That'll be how we line up I reckon.

My thoughts also. Think that’s the best line up to play players where they’re meant to be played as well. Potentially restricts Clarke who’s good going forward

Smartie
23-04-2022, 01:01 PM
It could be one of a few options but whichever one it is it looks like something with a degree of logic behind it.

Which is what we’ve had whenever we’ve had May or Gray in charge before.

Happy with the team and I expect us to pick up a result.

Newell has a bit to prove for me today. Let us down last week and needs to demonstrate a bit of consistency and show he’s been worthy of these new contracts.

Northernhibee
23-04-2022, 01:04 PM
Two up front! Hallelujah !

FilipinoHibs
23-04-2022, 01:08 PM
Two up front! Hallelujah !

Seemingly you don't have to be Einstein to realise 2 vs 1 upfront doubles your chances of scoring.

Brightside
23-04-2022, 01:12 PM
Seemingly you don't have to be Einstein to realise 2 vs 1 upfront doubles your chances of scoring.

It doesn’t. But never mind.

Callum_62
23-04-2022, 01:12 PM
Seemingly you don't have to be Einstein to realise 2 vs 1 upfront doubles your chances of scoring.Eh.... [emoji23]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Brightside
23-04-2022, 01:13 PM
Eh.... [emoji23]

We should play 10 upfront. We’d be unbeatable

Juice-Terry
23-04-2022, 01:14 PM
Conversely, if you believe that playing two up front doubles your chances of scoring then you're certainly no Einstein.

easty
23-04-2022, 01:15 PM
What position did Einstein play?

ahibby
23-04-2022, 01:17 PM
My thoughts also. Think that’s the best line up to play players where they’re meant to be played as well. Potentially restricts Clarke who’s good going forward

Clarke does okay on the left but he has stated often enough he favours being on the right. Perhaps if Doig comes on Clarke can go to the right.

Green forever
23-04-2022, 01:17 PM

It's all relative.

Northernhibee
23-04-2022, 01:19 PM
It doesn’t. But never mind.

But when you have the personnel we have just now in this instance it probably makes it several times more likely than Elias running around 40 yards from anyone else.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-04-2022, 01:22 PM

Just beside his Scottish pal Jockstein.

ahibby
It's all relative.

Well done.

Mick O'Rourke

Is it relative ? :greengrin

Inconsequential
23-04-2022, 01:25 PM
Agree.

Macey is a poor-average keeper for our level and where we want to be imo.

We need better going forward. Sorry but I disagree. I think Macey is a competent enough keeper and is probably as good as Hibs will get. His kicking can be improved but is no worse than his predecessor. Surely the goalkeeper coach could improve any weaknesses?

Walter
23-04-2022, 01:26 PM

Is he available?

Brightside
23-04-2022, 01:30 PM
Sorry but I disagree. I think Macey is a competent enough keeper and is probably as good as Hibs will get. His kicking can be improved but is no worse than his predecessor. Surely the goalkeeper coach could improve any weaknesses?

Macey and Kev are both good keepers for the Scottish league. Very few better right now.

hibbyfraelibby
23-04-2022, 01:37 PM

Show your working...here is mine

1 x Striker x No shots on Goal = No score
2 x Striker x No shots on Goal = No score

Einstein my archie😉

A Hi-Bee
23-04-2022, 01:40 PM

That would be some front three-Einstein, Jockstein and Frankenstein

GGTTH

Smartie
23-04-2022, 01:40 PM
Einstein's still trying to figure out how to play that role behind the striker in Maloney's 343 but he's not grasping it.

Coco Bryce
23-04-2022, 01:46 PM
Decent looking team and formation there.

Onceinawhile
23-04-2022, 01:47 PM
Decent looking team and formation there.

Think it's a 4-4-2 with hendo left?

Or 4-5-1?

Coco Bryce
23-04-2022, 01:49 PM

Or 4-5-1?

Looks like 3-5-2 to me 🤔

A Hi-Bee
23-04-2022, 01:50 PM

Or 4-5-1?

I really don't care what formation plays it is 11 v 11 we need to win all our battles, the team that wins the most personal battles wins the game.

GGTTH

where'stheslope
23-04-2022, 01:52 PM
That would be some front three-Einstein, Jockstein and Frankenstein

GGTTH
I thought Frankenstein would be in the middle of that front 3???:greengrin:greengrin

Moulin Yarns
23-04-2022, 01:55 PM
Is this going to be the match update thread?

Green Reaper
23-04-2022, 02:04 PM
I thought Frankenstein would be in the middle of that front 3???:greengrin:greengrin

Nah, he was quite wee, his monster would make a good no.9 though 😬

Coco Bryce
23-04-2022, 02:04 PM
Is this going to be the match update thread?

Was just about to ask the same?

SaulGoodman
23-04-2022, 02:06 PM
Getting no decisions already

Since452
23-04-2022, 02:07 PM

If only he hadn't left us for Celtic

Onceinawhile
23-04-2022, 02:08 PM
James Scott hits a shot from 20 yards.

Missed by about 10 yards.

GreenCastle
23-04-2022, 02:09 PM
James Scott hits a shot from 20 yards.

Missed by about 10 yards.

Think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen him shoot and nearly cleared the stand.

Looks like 3-5-2 - quite open so far.

Would like to see Clarke play right sometime.

Coco Bryce
23-04-2022, 02:09 PM
Cliff and Tam just chatting away not paying any attention to the game 🤣

SaulGoodman
23-04-2022, 02:11 PM
Scott’s actually had a bright start again

Aldo

He has.

J-C
Cliff and Tam just chatting away not paying any attention to the game 🤣

What is the point of hiring these 2, yap yap yap yap all about nothing, more excitement going for a shi t than listening to them blether.

J-C
23-04-2022, 02:12 PM

It's because it's sunny.

Onceinawhile
23-04-2022, 02:12 PM
What is the point of hiring these 2, yap yap yap yap all about nothing, more excitement going for a shi t than listening to them blether.

There's nothing really happening though.

J-C
23-04-2022, 02:14 PM
There's nothing really happening though.

Are they not also commentating for people who can only listen?

where'stheslope
23-04-2022, 02:19 PM
The wind seems to be having a big part of the game!!!

Onceinawhile
23-04-2022, 02:21 PM
Cadden with a good chance to cut it back to a free man. Chucks it in to nobody at the back post.

Northernhibee
23-04-2022, 02:21 PM
McGinn is an under rated player. Hope we keep him.

where'stheslope
23-04-2022, 02:22 PM
Cadden with a great cross, pity no one in the centre to receive it!!!

GreenCastle
Cadden down injured - going off for Doig.

Clarke to right.

Looks like quad injury so probably a few weeks out.

Aldo
Henderson should be whipping that corner right on top of the keeper there but instead hits the first man

Colr
Cadden with a good chance to cut it back to a free man. Chucks it in to nobody at the back post.

Final ball is woeful generally. No real penetration

Aldo
23-04-2022, 02:23 PM
Cadden looks done

Coco Bryce
Final ball is woeful generally. No real penetration

That's why he's at Hibs.

Northernhibee
Cadden looks done

Not good news.

Onceinawhile
Darren mcgregor looks to be helping get the subs ready. Has it been said he's part of the coaching staff?

Aldo
23-04-2022, 02:24 PM
Not good news.

Another bloody injury. Clarke will move to right I would think

SaulGoodman
St Mirren fans are torn faced *****

Wull
Gee whiz this is the last thing we need, Cadden been our best player all season

FitbaFolkKen
Darren mcgregor looks to be helping get the subs ready. Has it been said he's part of the coaching staff?

Was going to comment the same

where'stheslope
St Mirren fans are torn faced *****
Always have been!!

GreenCastle
23-04-2022, 02:26 PM
Didn’t realise Cadden has played 90 mins every week since 22nd December. That’s quite a bit of football.

Aldo
23-04-2022, 02:26 PM
Has Melkerson touched the ball??

J-C
23-04-2022, 02:27 PM

Doing his badges with Lewis, the idea was for Gray and Daz to go into the coaching, hence the long contracts, Lewis will follow when he's ready.

Smartie
23-04-2022, 02:27 PM
McGinn is an under rated player. Hope we keep him.

Yeah, I agree.

I didn't think we were going to under Maloney, although he did rush him back last week so you never know.

GreenCastle
23-04-2022, 02:28 PM
Seems we are passing the ball forward quicker.

We just haven’t had much quality so far.

Smartie
23-04-2022, 02:29 PM
Didn’t realise Cadden has played 90 mins every week since 22nd December. That’s quite a bit of football.

He's someone I had down as being injury prone so that's pretty decent tbh.

Pagan Hibernia
23-04-2022, 02:30 PM
god this is a hard watch

Coco Bryce
23-04-2022, 02:31 PM
god this is a hard watch

Exhibition match.

SteveHFC
23-04-2022, 02:31 PM
Exhibition match.

We should just share the points and move on.

J-C
23-04-2022, 02:32 PM
Game's very scrappy with 2 teams miles out off the pace and struggling with consistency, poor final balls and absolutely no composure, I dare say a good few are worried about their futures here with a new manager coming in.

Del Boy
Brutal. At least st Johnstone are losing

Aldo
We really do lack quality

where'stheslope
23-04-2022, 02:33 PM
Macey lucky there, Mcginn saved his ass!!!

GreenCastle
23-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Both teams lacking much quality.

Saints fans raging at their midfield and Hibs midfield not doing much either.

Looked like Macey should have dealt with that low cross. Luckily McGinn behind to clear.

madhatter
23-04-2022, 02:34 PM
JDH and Newell are one of the biggest problems.

There is no movement whatsoever and so slow.

We play like a struggling bottom 6 team.

We need a good manager and a bit of a clear out, sadly.

Smartie
23-04-2022, 02:35 PM
It would be fair to describe Macey as "unconvincing" imo.

hibbyfraelibby
Seems we are passing the ball forward quicker.

We just haven’t had much quality so far.

The fact we are actually passing it forward is an improvement

Wull
One of the worst half hrs of fitba I can remember, pretty shocking to be honest

J-C
Absolutely no guile in the team, there's not one player on the pitch that you could say is a match winner, get shot of 2 managers and the football is still dire, maybe it is the players that are gash.

Coco Bryce
23-04-2022, 02:36 PM
Absolutely no guile in the team, there's not one player on the pitch that you could say is a match winner, get shot of 2 managers and the football is still dire, maybe it is the players that are gash.

You just noticed 🤣

Onceinawhile
23-04-2022, 02:36 PM
The fact we are actually passing it forward is an improvement

Except, we're not passing it forwards to our players, we're just sending hopeless balls to nobody.

Lago
23-04-2022, 02:37 PM
Game's very scrappy with 2 teams miles out off the pace and struggling with consistency, poor final balls and absolutely no composure, I dare say a good few are worried about their futures here with a new manager coming in.
Sooner league done and move on with new manager.

Joe6-2

No argument there

where'stheslope
Finally you've seen the light!!!!

Callum_62
Except, we're not passing it forwards to our players, we're just sending hopeless balls to nobody.Bring in Derek Gaston!

Ronniekirk
Cadden down injured - going off for Doig.

Clarke to right.

Looks like quad injury so probably a few weeks out.

Ffs what is it with us and injuries

GreenCastle
23-04-2022, 02:38 PM
JDH and Newell are one of the biggest problems.

There is no movement whatsoever and so slow.

We play like a struggling bottom 6 team.

We need a good manager and a bit of a clear out, sadly.

Said this for months. One paced and no drive.

We need a clear out and better players.

Macey not convincing either - get a better keeper and back line will probably improve too.

Keith_M
23-04-2022, 02:39 PM
Pretty poor game

Since452
23-04-2022, 02:40 PM
Looks like two bang average teams settling for a draw already.

Scottie
That’s always been the case JC. The previous 50 years of managers have been ok it’s the players that have always been gash for us. As much as we don’t like to hear it we are a run of mill mid table club. Nothing more nothing less.

J-C
You just noticed 🤣

Finally you've seen the light!!!!

I've been banging on about it all season, massive re build needed.

madhatter
23-04-2022, 02:41 PM
Newell...such an overrated player

SaulGoodman
Wish this was January so I could see if any gritters were driving past

GreenCastle
Pretty poor game

Awful quality.

Ronniekirk
I've been banging on about it all season, massive re build needed.

The baffling thing is we keep giving players new long term contracts making it harder to move them on

Onceinawhile
Joe newell hahaha

where'stheslope
Newell fresh air swipe in a good position???

CmoantheHibs
Newell with a fresh air swipe with a decent shooting chance

J-C
Newell totally misses the ball, jeez just brutal.

Aldo
Pretty poor game

Not that good against a very poor St Mirren team

Wull
23-04-2022, 02:42 PM
Wtf was that Joe

Onceinawhile
Doyle-Hayes is a coward on the ball.

Ronniekirk
Not that good against a very poor St Mirren team

Trust me even st Mirren fans say they are ***** and not happy with new manager

GreenCastle
23-04-2022, 02:43 PM
Would bring on Allan and Jasper.

Give us some entertainment.

HendoDelivered

This. Shame RG doesn’t view it that way!

Aldo

Tbh we are not much better.

SteveHFC
Wish this was January so I could see if any gritters were driving past

Just saw a dog walk past my window.

GreenCastle

Their fans seem to be more raging than ours!!

Smartie
23-04-2022, 02:44 PM
Solid enough defensively here (by and large) but we're going to need to bring in a fair few players if we're to get scoring again next season.

This is woeful middle to front.

J-C
23-04-2022, 02:44 PM
The baffling thing is we keep giving players new long term contracts making it harder to move them on

JDH just joined, had a decent 4-5 games at the start of the season and gets an extension? Where's the extension for Cadden who's been one our more consistent players, Newell just decent but another extension.

Ronniekirk
23-04-2022, 02:45 PM
Tbh we are not much better.

That was the point I was hinting at Am sunning myself on Arran