PDA

View Full Version : BBC Scotland anti-Hibs and Jambo love-in

Greenbeard
18-04-2022, 06:52 AM
Often mentioned. More evidence seen this morning. BBC online has 3 minutes 28 seconds of the "Best of the Action" from the semi.
No replays of the goals. But three replays and close to a full minute of Campbell's yellow card challenge on Mackay. All the build up to Clarke's swipe that lead to the free kick for their 2nd. And of course Newell's red. All adds up to the BBC thinking the best of the action merits more time on three Hibs challenges than the three goals scored. Numpties.

givescotlandfreedom
18-04-2022, 07:40 AM
Often mentioned. More evidence seen this morning. BBC online has 3 minutes 28 seconds of the "Best of the Action" from the semi.
No replays of the goals. But three replays and close to a full minute of Campbell's yellow card challenge on Mackay. All the build up to Clarke's swipe that lead to the free kick for their 2nd. And of course Newell's red. All adds up to the BBC thinking the best of the action merits more time on three Hibs challenges than the three goals scored. Numpties.

They really don't seem to like us as shown by their witch hunt against Porteous and seemingly ignoring every poor decision that goes against us. Tom English's fawning over them is particularly odd.

the_ginger_hibee
18-04-2022, 08:06 AM
Stop watching and listening then.

Every fan thinks they are hard done by when it comes to media treatment, refs, SFA etc. etc. Go on any forum and you'll see same comments, particularly if the team lost at weekend.

Why you'd want to watch highlights of another Hampden derby loss is beyond me really...

Crab apple
18-04-2022, 08:45 AM

No balance. Fair enough highlight Campbell but they should also mention Moore's push on Porto that should have been a second yellow. And Cockring was also lucky to stay on.

Lago
18-04-2022, 12:54 PM
:top marks

Every fan thinks they are hard done by when it comes to media treatment, refs, SFA etc. etc. Go on any forum and you'll see same comments, particularly if the team lost at weekend.

Why you'd want to watch highlights of another Hampden derby loss is beyond me really...

LeithMike
18-04-2022, 01:01 PM
I'm not one for conspiracies but BBC Scotland does seem to have inherent bias. I was away in Portugal and listened to the game on five live which had really good and unbiased commentary with one of their usual commentators aided by Alan Hutton. BBC had John Collins, Craig Levein and Tom English all who have their own bias. Give me independent commentary any day of the week.

BBC Scotland sport is the equivalent of the Daily Star or something. Really poor.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

jacomo
18-04-2022, 02:09 PM
I'm not one for conspiracies but BBC Scotland does seem to have inherent bias. I was away in Portugal and listened to the game on five live which had really good and unbiased commentary with one of their usual commentators aided by Alan Hutton. BBC had John Collins, Craig Levein and Tom English all who have their own bias. Give me independent commentary any day of the week.

BBC Scotland sport is the equivalent of the Daily Star or something. Really poor.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

You listened to the game on a BBC channel??

greenginger
18-04-2022, 02:26 PM
I saw on their match report site the ratings they gave each player.
They gave everyHearts player bar one a higher score than any Hibs player,
They even gave the hearts guy who came on for the last 5 minutes a higher score than any Hibs player other than Lewis

A Hi-Bee
18-04-2022, 02:32 PM
They really don't seem to like us as shown by their witch hunt against Porteous and seemingly ignoring every poor decision that goes against us. Tom English's fawning over them is particularly odd.

English is just a phanney in a barrel o phanneys best ignored and left well alone, he is an Irish Rugby man ffs.
:greengrin

ancient hibee
18-04-2022, 02:44 PM
They even gave the hearts guy who came on for the last 5 minutes a higher score than any Hibs player other than Lewis

It’s fans that put in the marks not the BBC and fans being fans put low marks in for opponents. They don’t mean anything-just a bit of fun.

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2022, 02:52 PM
Why would BBC Scotland be anti-Hibs? Let's not be like the Old Firm, consumed by conspiracy theories. That said, the EEN is rancid and completely biased :agree:

Abbey Hill 03
18-04-2022, 03:09 PM
Change the channel then or do you enjoy tormenting yourself.

number9dream
18-04-2022, 03:23 PM

The player-rater thing is the public giving their marks...

As for the highlights, I don't really think there's any intended bias but it is really badly put together.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2022, 03:34 PM
Better listening to the Hibs podcasts instead. Longbangers is my recommendation as a starting point.

CentreLine
18-04-2022, 09:05 PM
I did hear on the radio Scotland news that the The rangers won a tight semi final v Celtic. Whilst hearts were also through to the final having totally dominated throughout their semi final v Hibs.

Killiehibbie
18-04-2022, 10:04 PM
I did hear on the radio Scotland news that the The rangers won a tight semi final v Celtic. Whilst hearts were also through to the final having totally dominated throughout their semi final v Hibs.

It could be argued that they raced into a two goal lead and protected it after that. I would ask them if they would be so stupid after the last time. They were fortunate to hold on.

ekhibee
18-04-2022, 10:43 PM
I totally respect what the OP was saying, but there's nothing unusual about the comments on Sportsound. Remember, it's MEANT to be neutral but it has No Medals Levein, Preston, Charlie Mann, Paul Mitchell, Brian McLaughlin, not to mention English who knows next to nothing about football but comments on it anyway with a very obvious Hearts bias, and Richard Gordon who's an Aberdeen fan but delights in Hibs getting beat. I agree with other posters, just don't watch or listen to stuff that is going to have an obvious bias, I stopped listening to Heartsound some time ago.

LewysGot2
18-04-2022, 10:53 PM
The weekly Budge Show during lockdown seems to have crystallised this Hearts nonsense. They were given access to that club with their fly on the wall documentary but it seems to have come with a commitment to promote the demoted ones at every turn. Perhaps part of the deal to get the gig...English was embarrassing over that period.

GRA
19-04-2022, 08:36 AM
You think it's bad now just wait till the cup final. Will be a proper Mini-Sevco-Mega-Sevco love in. Will no doubt be hours and hours waxing lyrical about how fabulous Budge/Neilson/Gio are. Even when there is a loser at the end of the game they will no doubt make it out they are winners in the long run :sick:

Carheenlea
19-04-2022, 08:53 AM
Why would BBC Scotland be anti-Hibs? Let's not be like the Old Firm, consumed by conspiracy theories. That said, the EEN is rancid and completely biased :agree:

Probably not so much anti-Hibs, but more so a distinct shortage of any Hibs supporting media to fight our corner and talk us up.

Without Hibs minded media voices there is the air of a lack of interest in Hibs. Sportsound has become almost unlistenable now and I’ve long deleted it from my regular podcast library.

To make a show about football so dull and uninteresting is quite an achievement really. Too many of the same bores talking in the same clichés every week and covering the same teams and for far too many years.

superfurryhibby
19-04-2022, 08:57 AM
The player-rater thing is the public giving their marks...

As for the highlights, I don't really think there's any intended bias but it is really badly put together.

C’mon, lets not let reality get in the way of paranoia. Facts about the player ratings....whatever next.

The BBC Scotland football output is what it is, but the idea of bias or an anti Hibs agenda is far fetched nonsense.

ancient hibee
19-04-2022, 09:04 AM
I sometimes think there are more on here with an anti Hibs agenda than the BBC.

Daily Hibs
19-04-2022, 09:04 AM

Very well said. We as a support appear to be getting softer. Applauding failure on Saturday and whining about the BBC coverage of it really is stretching things.