PDA

View Full Version : Flare yesterday

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2022, 08:50 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned.

There was a flare thrown from the back of the East stand yesterday that landed in a group of fans half way down.

A couple of said fans went looking for whoever threw it, while the flare was thrown on to the pitch.

Not sure if the clown who threw it first was huckled, but I hope CCTV caught them.

Anyone see it more closely?

CL0762
17-04-2022, 08:51 AM
I was in CC F6 yesterday and seen it happen, it looked like one of the handheld fireworks? Looked like it hit someone right on the back of the head. Think it came from further back than the row I was in.

ErinGoBraghHFC
17-04-2022, 08:52 AM
I was in CC F6 yesterday and seen it happen, it looked like one of the handheld fireworks? Looked like it hit someone right on the back of the head. Think it came from further back than the row I was in.

I was in DD F7 definitely came from further back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottie
17-04-2022, 08:53 AM
Noticed a guy been carried away by the paramedics in front of the east, looked in a pretty bad way. Hope he’s ok. Not sure if connected or not.

CL0762
17-04-2022, 08:58 AM
Noticed a guy been carried away by the paramedics in front of the east, looked in a pretty bad way. Hope he’s ok. Not sure if connected or not.

Yeah, think it must’ve been his laddie with him and he looked quite concerned as they walked away.

Best wishes to the supporter and hope he’s okay.

Sir David Gray
17-04-2022, 09:00 AM
I hope they catch whoever is responsible and they have watched their last ever live Hibs game.

Fingers crossed the injured fan is ok.

Chorley Hibee
17-04-2022, 09:04 AM
Seen a guy getting taken out by police after our goal when he went on a run behind the goal.

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2022, 09:06 AM
Seen a guy getting taken out by police after our goal when he went on a run behind the goal.

Think the flare thing happened around the same time, but it wasn't connected.

LunasBoots
17-04-2022, 09:45 AM
Multiple flares, smoke bombs, fire works mostly down near the singing section, seemed a bit of commotion at times from what I seen, seemed to be constantly get thrown onto the trackside.

Also another of fans who had clearly been on the lash and whatever else who couldn't handle there drink as usual

dp00
17-04-2022, 10:32 AM

Aye saw this guy he looks raging and determined to get to the pitch… confused me cause we had just scored

swin82
17-04-2022, 12:06 PM
Yeah was thrown from the guy right behind me as my 9 year old daughter was standing on her seat trying to see the game 😩

LunasBoots
17-04-2022, 12:10 PM
Flare issue needs addressed properly in Scotland, its been ignored by authorities for so long now and it will be the same in the other cup final today with these dangerous devices on display again.

CraigHibee
17-04-2022, 12:11 PM
They were right in front of where I was, standing on the steps launching flares, saw a bit of seat getting thrown as well along with all other stuff.

Not sure why they class this as being "fun" I'm all for atmosphere at the game but not at the risk of folk getting injured

hibee1875
17-04-2022, 12:22 PM
I heard a seat snap behind me on I3 up the back when the second went in. Some folk have serious anger issues if their first instinct is violence of some sort when we concede a goal.

where'stheslope
17-04-2022, 12:53 PM
I heard a seat snap behind me on I3 up the back when the second went in. Some folk have serious anger issues if their first instinct is violence of some sort when we concede a goal.
The only way to stop this kind of behaviour is to report it, stewards and Police are never near enough to catch them!
As for hitting your own supporters with anything is rank stupidity, and should not be condoned if thrown at other supporters either!
We are always quick to call out other supporters antics, clean up at home first!!!

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2022, 01:42 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned.

There was a flare thrown from the back of the East stand yesterday that landed in a group of fans half way down.

A couple of said fans went looking for whoever threw it, while the flare was thrown on to the pitch.

Not sure if the clown who threw it first was huckled, but I hope CCTV caught them.

Anyone see it more closely?

I hope nobody was seriously hurt. You would have to be brain dead to think you could get it onto the pitch from way back. Crazy stuff.

HH81
17-04-2022, 02:25 PM

Yes I seen that. Guy been carried away looked in bad shape. Hope he is all good.

wookie70
17-04-2022, 02:38 PM
Flare issue needs addressed properly in Scotland, its been ignored by authorities for so long now and it will be the same in the other cup final today with these dangerous devices on display again.
A bus emptied just in front of me as we headed down to Asda. They all got out, most with bottles of beer and singing Mercer songs. Two flares/smokebombs lit up and walked past about 10 police officers who were only stopping the smaller or female fans who were asked to pour their drink away. The Police just take the easy way out so they won't do anything to stop it. As someone with asthma I deliberately try to get seats away from the singing section but there was a smoke bomb let off towards the back of the north at the half way line that had bairns and asthma sufferers coughing away. I wish it was made clear that if you are caught in possession or spotted on camera that it was a life ban and that would hopefully prove a deterrent or at least stop repeat offences. The Police aren't bothered though

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2022, 02:42 PM
Don't like the flares or hand held fireworks, but the stewards search yesterday was lenient at best, same today probably, given the pictures online of today's game

hibee_girl
17-04-2022, 02:44 PM
Don't like the flares or hand held fireworks, but the stewards search yesterday was lenient at best, same today probably, given the pictures online of today's game

We didn’t even get searched, just asked if we had anything on us and told just to go in.

Keith_M
17-04-2022, 02:45 PM
Shouldn't it be 'Lack of Flair'?

:duck:

ErinGoBraghHFC
17-04-2022, 02:46 PM
We didn’t even get searched, just asked if we had anything on us and told just to go in.

Boy started patting me down then said it was pointless because I wasn’t wearing a jacket, didn’t pat down my legs whatsoever, could’ve taken anything I liked in long as it wasn’t under my jumper

Hermit Crab
17-04-2022, 02:51 PM
I seen a boy in the ground with a half bottle of famous grouse sticking out his tracky bottoms pocket, it was obvious, and how the stewards never felt it or seen it is beyond me.

Keith_M
17-04-2022, 02:53 PM
Boy started patting me down then said it was pointless because I wasn’t wearing a jacket, didn’t pat down my legs whatsoever, could’ve taken anything I liked in long as it wasn’t under my jumper

Don't the girls take the flares in down the front of their tops?

That's quite common in Germany.

Carheenlea
17-04-2022, 03:45 PM

I was actually a bit offended that I never got searched. Just got politely waved through.

At 52, i was either deemed too old to be suspected of carrying bottles or pyros and just generally past it. A sad day..

H18 SFR
17-04-2022, 03:59 PM
I know these threads highlight a small number of unwanted incidents in comparison to the total size of support but I have to add that the Hibs crowd yesterday really was exceptional.

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2022, 04:12 PM
I was actually a bit offended that I never got searched. Just got politely waved through.

At 52, i was either deemed too old to be suspected of carrying bottles or pyros and just generally past it. A sad day..

Maybe a wee business opportunity here.

I regularly make my ticket money back by taking in flares, coke, drumsticks (don't ask...) etc. No-one ever challenges me.

I'm_cabbaged
17-04-2022, 04:33 PM

I got pulled to the side by the polis and I’m the same age! Drove through and obviously sober as a judge!!

RoxburghHibs
17-04-2022, 06:28 PM
Yeah was thrown from the guy right behind me as my 9 year old daughter was standing on her seat trying to see the game 😩

So it should be possible to identify the culprit by their seat number in that case. Hope the chap who got hit is ok

Winston Ingram
17-04-2022, 07:06 PM
I couldn’t understand why these morons were letting them off in the stand. One went off next to us at the back of the stand.

LancashireHibby
17-04-2022, 07:11 PM
Legalise their use and they will be gone in a puff of smoke, so to speak. I went to an MLS game at Toronto a few years ago and they have an allotted time period in each half where smoke grenades could be used in a particular area of the stadium. Looked so naff that those responsible would just move on to the next ‘edgy’ activity.

For what it’s worth, I’m not asthmatic or anything like that, but since having Covid about 6 weeks ago (and only a fairly mild case, at that), I spent most of the second half coughing and trying to get my breath back after braving going to the gents a couple of minutes before half time.

ErinGoBraghHFC
17-04-2022, 07:13 PM
Legalise their use and they will be gone in a puff of smoke, so to speak. I went to an MLS game at Toronto a few years ago and they have an allotted time period in each half where smoke grenades could be used in a particular area of the stadium. Looked so naff that those responsible would just move on to the next ‘edgy’ activity.

For what it’s worth, I’m not asthmatic or anything like that, but since having Covid about 6 weeks ago (and only a fairly mild case, at that), I spent most of the second half coughing and trying to get my breath back after braving going to the gents a couple of minutes before half time.

Were folk smoking in the bogs like? Especially daft considering they were letting us out at half time

LancashireHibby
17-04-2022, 09:23 PM
Were folk smoking in the bogs like? Especially daft considering they were letting us out at half time

Yeah, North Stand in the toilets closest to the East divide. I deliberately went up a few minutes before half time thinking I’d beat the smokers rush, but no such luck as there were at least four people smoking in there even at that time.

Sir David Gray
17-04-2022, 09:28 PM
Yeah, North Stand in the toilets closest to the East divide. I deliberately went up a few minutes before half time thinking I’d beat the smokers rush, but no such luck as there were at least four people smoking in there even at that time.

Also loads of people using the disabled toilets in the north stand who shouldn't have been in there, meaning the folk in wheelchairs having to wait until they were finished doing whatever they were doing in there.

O'Rourke3
17-04-2022, 09:40 PM
Yeah, North Stand in the toilets closest to the East divide. I deliberately went up a few minutes before half time thinking I’d beat the smokers rush, but no such luck as there were at least four people smoking in there even at that time.There was a bigger queue of folks with fags than those using the pissoir in that bog.Interesting queues for the cludgies though. So many bad kebabs for the youngsters...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

TelaStella
17-04-2022, 09:56 PM
I seen a boy in the ground with a half bottle of famous grouse sticking out his tracky bottoms pocket, it was obvious, and how the stewards never felt it or seen it is beyond me.

[emoji23]. Met a boy pre match outside the pub with a hammer down his pants. Wonder how he got on

Potty78
17-04-2022, 10:02 PM

Yer past it Dave👍

Hermit Crab
18-04-2022, 12:31 AM
[emoji23]. Met a boy pre match outside the pub with a hammer down his pants. Wonder how he got on

A hammer? Why the **** would you try and sneak a hammer into a football match? Screwball.

LancashireHibby
18-04-2022, 05:37 AM
A hammer? Why the **** would you try and sneak a hammer into a football match? Screwball.
If he was really on the ball, he could have said he was working on redeveloping Hampden and invoiced the SFA for his time

Hibernian Verse
18-04-2022, 06:16 AM
There was an older boy that fell and hit his head on the wall outside the North stand on the way out after the game. Police were quick to rush to his aid does anyone know if he was ok? Looked very dazed and confused hope it wasn’t anything sinister.

HH81
18-04-2022, 06:20 AM

They need locking up. What a muppet.

BS44
18-04-2022, 07:00 AM

Sounds like a total plank.

Crab apple
18-04-2022, 08:46 AM
Sounds like a total plank.

Nail on the head.

LunasBoots
18-04-2022, 09:25 AM
Notice in the other SC game the police are investigating the people who used pyro, I'd imagine it will be much the same for our game, hopefully going to start clamping down hard on it, years ago they used to take it pretty serious when they went off at ER and a fair few folk have been banned for there use, in more recent times I've not seen it taken as serious as it should be.

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2022, 02:39 PM

A hammer? Was Begbie at the game? :confused:

Tarrahib
18-04-2022, 05:02 PM
I was under the crossbar at Wembley in 1977 when this guy pulled a huge screwdriver from under the sleeve of his shirt and proceeded to cut the turf into decent portions.

bigwheel
18-04-2022, 05:26 PM

And no **** Leaves here until to we find out what **** it was !!! [emoji6]

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2022, 05:29 PM
And no **** Leaves here until to we find out what **** it was !!! [emoji6]

:hilarious

I can just see him saying, "Ah'll take a hammer tae you, ye Hearts ****". :greengrin

Bridge hibs
18-04-2022, 05:47 PM
I was under the crossbar at Wembley in 1977 when this guy pulled a huge screwdriver from under the sleeve of his shirt and proceeded to cut the turf into decent portions.That was Ramsay before he became a chef 🤣

StevesFamau5
18-04-2022, 09:31 PM
I'm always torn between two sides of the debate. I absolutely agree that the daftie element is abusing the use of them and its creating a really bad situation for people with breathing difficulties and other health problems as well as those who just want to enjoy the game.
On the flip side I absolutely love the ultra culture and the atmosphere it can bring. I admire the tifos, the pagentry and the absolute madness of it.
The main issue is that it doesn't work in a country where football fans are always viewed in a negative way. I visited the Olympico in 2012 for a Hertha game and Rome in 2018 for a Lazio game and both times were completely different from anything here.
Ultra culture is great but it's not for Scotland.