PDA

View Full Version : Indiscipline

Alfiembra
16-04-2022, 08:17 PM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1/saison_id/2021

We are bottom of the fair play league! Can’t say I’m surprised.
Regardless of conspiracy theories and biased refereeing there is obviously a problem that needs to be addressed.
I hope that Maloney makes it a priority for next season. If we had half the number of red cards and bookings and kept players on the park for the full 90 minutes then we’d have been top 6 no problem and might have been looking forward to a cup final today.

I'm Spartacus
16-04-2022, 08:44 PM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1/saison_id/2021

We are bottom of the fair play league! Can’t say I’m surprised.
Regardless of conspiracy theories and biased refereeing there is obviously a problem that needs to be addressed.
I hope that Maloney makes it a priority for next season. If we had half the number of red cards and bookings and kept players on the park for the full 90 minutes then we’d have been top 6 no problem and might have been looking forward to a cup final today.

I thought we were better post-Newell today so he can get sent off every week, useless fud.

Great to see us playing them at their own game today, but some of those tackles were a shambles!

LewysGot2
16-04-2022, 08:49 PM
There's a difference between being strong and unflinching in the challenge and getting it badly wrong typified by the way Stevenson went about his business today compared with the challenge that got Newell sent off. Halliday injured himself trying to be the hardman with Lewy and coming off second best. Newell got himself sent off.

All that said, how Boyce, Simms and others foul their ways through games relatively unfettered is another thing altogether. The shameless accusations of us being hammer throwers by the fans of the club that wrote the manual is quite something.

ErinGoBraghHFC
16-04-2022, 08:49 PM
I thought we were better post-Newell today so he can get sent off every week, useless fud.

Great to see us playing them at their own game today, but some of those tackles were a shambles!

Campbell was a lucky boy as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

percy veer
16-04-2022, 08:51 PM

Was he, yellow card challenge resulted in a yellow card, hearts are the boy who cried wolf halkett lost a 50 50

Brightside
16-04-2022, 08:52 PM

It was a good 50/50. Hanlon getting booked for being a leader was a sin.

ErinGoBraghHFC
16-04-2022, 08:54 PM
Was he, yellow card challenge resulted in a yellow card, hearts are the boy who cried wolf halkett lost a 50 50

Not seen it back but looked a bit tasty to me at the time, spot on about hertz though

SlickShoes
16-04-2022, 08:59 PM

What game were you watching? We fought hard with ten men but it was much harder without him

500miles
16-04-2022, 09:02 PM
I think Joe has really bought in at Hibs and got caught up in the occasion.

Take that over the likes of Docherty and Soares any day.

JamesHFC
16-04-2022, 09:03 PM
Does Newell miss the St Mirren game or the next Scottish Cup game?

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2022, 09:07 PM

SC i think, unless it was for dangerous play

porteous will be out for the next two league games

hibee_girl
16-04-2022, 09:07 PM

Should just be the next scottish cup game as it wasn’t a straight red.

Baader
17-04-2022, 01:02 AM
Three reds in four of those Hampden derbies since 2006. Doesn't help.

Zazu62
17-04-2022, 01:18 AM
Maloney asked newell to ‘play on the edge’ gamble didn’t pay off unfortunately but we had to match them physically

Fuzzywuzzy
17-04-2022, 06:57 AM
Cochrane seemed to get away with several handballs after his yellow

I'm_cabbaged
17-04-2022, 07:02 AM
Cochrane seemed to get away with several handballs after his yellow

The **** should’ve been booked in the first half

ShetlandHibby
17-04-2022, 07:14 AM
I thought as much it was good to see a bit of dig and fight that we lost control today. Newell blew it big time with a stupid lunge. Campbell should’ve seen red for an awful challenge. It’s all well an good having a bit of fight but it needs to be controlled aggression. If we’d created as many chances as we did bad tackles we might not be out the cup.

Nicho87
17-04-2022, 07:22 AM
The over emotional stuff gets on my wick

Love Clarke’s determination and passion

But his booking for moaning to the linesman was silly - said as soon as newell got booked it’s a long remainder of the game on a huge pitch to not go get another caution

Should have been taken off since we were chasing the game.

Easy to say now though I guess

Discipline must improve - they were there for the taking with 11.

And I think they knew it too

LewysGot2
17-04-2022, 07:27 AM
I thought as much it was good to see a bit of dig and fight that we lost control today. Newell blew it big time with a stupid lunge. Campbell should’ve seen red for an awful challenge. It’s all well an good having a bit of fight but it needs to be controlled aggression. If we’d created as many chances as we did bad tackles we might not be out the cup.

Lost control as a team? I didn't see that.

Newell sold the jerseys with stupidity. However, in terms of physicality I'm not sure what was different about the approach that saw Chris Cadden flattened onto the advertising boards, completely off the ball, other than it didn't even get punished.

They are always a big industrial physical team. Look at Boyce and Simms - we're not talking the School of Mane and Salah there. They play on the edge all game. Leaving something on every challenge, following through, pushing and shoving and holding, looking for a chink of any sign of weakness physically. Last week an inexperienced Belgian centre back wasn't streetwise enough against it.
They don't get penalised as often as you would think their approach merits.

At no point yesterday did anyone on the Hibs side lose it but Joe Newell made a poor decision in a situation where history and that referee in particular should have told him to expect that outcome. Standing up to the physical onslaught had to happen though.

heretoday
17-04-2022, 07:30 AM
Newell's challenge wasn't as bad as it looked. There was no major contact and the Hearts guy was up and about in no time after the regulation rolling around. It was the wildness of it that was stupid. He obviously lost his presence of mind briefly and that's no good.

where'stheslope
17-04-2022, 01:39 PM
Newell's challenge wasn't as bad as it looked. There was no major contact and the Hearts guy was up and about in no time after the regulation rolling around. It was the wildness of it that was stupid. He obviously lost his presence of mind briefly and that's no good.
Nowadays its not the contact, its the fact he was off the ground with2 feet studs showing!!!

Sir David Gray
17-04-2022, 01:42 PM

Should just be the next scottish cup game as it wasn’t a straight red.

It will definitely be the next Scottish Cup match of next season.

green day
17-04-2022, 06:19 PM

Yes, a 4 match ban after the failed appeal - once again, our dreadful indiscipline is going to cost us dearly.

JamesHFC
17-04-2022, 10:58 PM
Our reported target for the summer Harry McKirdy would fit in nicely, 10 yellow cards for him this season which saw him get a 2 match ban 😂

matty_f
17-04-2022, 11:04 PM
I don’t think we’ve ever been a dirty team but this season has definitely been an outlier both in terms of red cards and yellow cards, and injuries.

I don’t have that much of an issue with Newell’s red card, I think you saw in the Rangers game today that some referees will let a lot worse go, and even in the match on Saturday the referee was happy to let clearly cautionable offences go unpunished depending on which side you were on.

tonyrougier123
17-04-2022, 11:36 PM
I don’t think we’ve ever been a dirty team but this season has definitely been an outlier both in terms of red cards and yellow cards, and injuries.

I don’t have that much of an issue with Newell’s red card, I think you saw in the Rangers game today that some referees will let a lot worse go, and even in the match on Saturday the referee was happy to let clearly cautionable offences go unpunished depending on which side you were on.

Hung for a lamb hung for a sheep mentality yesterday.
One of the least dirty teams in the league been hammered all season with yellows and reds contestable.
Not all but a lot.