PDA

View Full Version : Craig Gordon

Pretty Boy
16-04-2022, 05:12 PM
What a weapon he is.

Why was he rolling about on the ground holding his face in injury time? Was in the refs face all day wanting Hibs players booked and was desperate for Campbell to be sent off as well. Should have been booked about 20 minutes before he was for time wasting.

No doubt he is a good goalkeeper but he is also a ****ing cheat. That episode at the end was shades of Dean Shiels all over again.

Greencore
16-04-2022, 05:14 PM
Because he's a dick.

HibbyAndy
16-04-2022, 05:16 PM
Shiels at Tynecastle all over again

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2022, 05:22 PM
Embarrassing stuff. No doubt he’ll get pats on the back for his gamesmanship - but we all know that’s just a long word for cheat.

LustForLeith
16-04-2022, 05:23 PM
If only Hibs had a keeper as good as him, time wasting tactics or not

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 05:23 PM
He took a knee on his knee according to the commentary team.... I'm sure they woukd have said the same if it was porteous [emoji44]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Waxy
16-04-2022, 05:24 PM
Looking forward to when he retires and they can sign that perrera guy again

7Hero
16-04-2022, 05:24 PM
Why ? Because he gets the job done.. brilliant saves, brilliant keeper and willing to waste time and look like a total twat so his team can win..

Wish he was in our goals..

dp00
16-04-2022, 05:25 PM
Hearts with backs against the wall , he slows the game down and frustrates the opponent … very frustrating but we would be loving it if it was our players doing it. If anything it prob sign of a decent captain. We just need to get into the position to be able to do it

Thing that confused me was that it was only 8 mins injury time , the game was stopped for at least 6 minutes for halket then there were a further few injury’s which were at least 2 mins each

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 05:27 PM
Hearts with backs against the wall … frustrating but we would be loving it if it was our players doing it. If anything it prob sign of a decent captain

Thing that confused me was that it was only 8 mins injury time , the game was stopped for at least 6 minutes for halket then there were a further few injury’s which were at least 2 mins eachPlus the injuries in injury time....

50 seconds added on by brother Beaton

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 05:28 PM
He is, but doubt he’ll be feeling embarrassed tonight.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2022, 05:30 PM
He's a prick.

JamesHFC
16-04-2022, 05:32 PM
Be happy when he retires.

The Modfather
16-04-2022, 05:35 PM
We’d love his ****houserry if he played for us and it helped get us over the line.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2022, 05:36 PM
He is, but doubt he’ll be feeling embarrassed tonight.

Yeah - self awareness maybe not a strong point.

Ozyhibby
16-04-2022, 05:36 PM
He’s a prick. Wish we had him. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Key West
16-04-2022, 05:38 PM
What a weapon he is.

Why was he rolling about on the ground holding his face in injury time? Was in the refs face all day wanting Hibs players booked and was desperate for Campbell to be sent off as well. Should have been booked about 20 minutes before he was for time wasting.

No doubt he is a good goalkeeper but he is also a ****ing cheat. That episode at the end was shades of Dean Shiels all over again.

Since the Dean Shiels incident he hasn't changed in the slightest, I have absolutely no respect for him whatsoever.

16-04-2022, 05:40 PM
He is a dick and Beaton is as bad. Weak refereeing allowed him to keep on time wasting until he got booked, by which time he'd wasted loads, as had the players who decided they'd have a wee sit down. Something should be done about it. I'm all for 30 minutes each way and the clock stopped every time the ball goes dead.

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-04-2022, 05:41 PM
Wish we'd have had a good goalkeeper like hi like what we've had in recent years. We haven't had a good goalie like him since Goram.

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 05:42 PM
Yeah - self awareness maybe not a strong point.

He’ll be laughing at ****housing his way to a win in one of the boggest ever derbies more like. Wish he was in goals for us. Or, rather, a player of that ability was.

Pagan Hibernia
16-04-2022, 05:44 PM
He's a prick.

Yeah, for that save today alone

CL0762
16-04-2022, 05:46 PM
We’d love his ****houserry if he played for us and it helped get us over the line.

This. In absolute spades.

Carheenlea
16-04-2022, 05:51 PM
Just goes to prove how rattled they were. Willing the clock down and took every chance they could to feign injury and waste time.

Great keeper but very little class. File alongside McGregor.

judas
Gordon is to Hearts what Boyle was to Hibs. I hear that Gordon has been worth 16 points for Hearts this season.

He is the difference between the clubs and I wish he was our player. He is on an entirely different level to Macey.

givescotlandfreedom
Absolute arsecrack of a man.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2022, 05:52 PM
He’ll be laughing at ****housing his way to a win in one of the boggest ever derbies more like. Wish he was in goals for us. Or, rather, a player of that ability was.

That’s what I mean. Would you want him even with his distribution like it is?

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 05:54 PM
That’s what I mean. Would you want him even with his distribution like it is?

What a stupid question.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2022, 05:56 PM
What a stupid question.

Distribution seems to be a key concern - not convinced he’d fit in or the fans would support him.

Mind you maybe we could let him wear a Hearts strip and we’d all be in awe of him.

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 05:59 PM
Distribution seems to be a key concern - not convinced he’s fit in it the fans would support him.

Mind you maybe we could let him wear a Hearts strip and we’d all be in awe of him.

Really daft post. He won them the game today. We’ve no got that. What about Macey punting it out the park twice in injury time as well?

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2022, 06:01 PM
Really daft post. He won them the game today. We’ve no got that. What about Macey punting it out the park twice in injury time as well?

Not great but this is the Craig Gordon thread.

And if you disagree with something/someone it doesn’t make it daft no matter how many times you say it.

JimBHibees
16-04-2022, 06:02 PM
The amount of time wasting in injury time was ridiculous and how the cheat Beaton only plays 50 seconds on is an absolute joke but pretty much standard from that clown.

A Hi-Bee
16-04-2022, 06:04 PM
Aye Plooky, wins them points and keeps them in games it is what a very good goalkeeper should do minimum.
Gamesmanship/cheating all part of his game, seen as a modern day hero at tincastle, they dont have much between him and caveman to pick from, both tramps.

Sour plums from this Hibee, yes it is, we could do with a good goalie to start rebuilding with.

:thumbsup:

DickieDastardly
16-04-2022, 06:07 PM
Total sour grapes this thread. Gordon has proven himself a class keeper over the years for club and country, is finishing his career with his boyhood team and using all his experience to get them over the line.
We need to look at our own deficiencies not what Craig Gordon did or did not do….

givescotlandfreedom
16-04-2022, 06:10 PM
Total sour grapes this thread. Gordon has proven himself a class keeper over the years for club and country, is finishing his career with his boyhood team and using all his experience to get them over the line.
We need to look at our own deficiencies not what Craig Gordon did or did not do….
We're not allowed to criticise a Hearts player cheating against us now? This place is hilarious 😂

Smartie
16-04-2022, 06:10 PM

I don’t think anyone’s doubting or criticising his ability. He won the game for them with a world class save today, and not for the first time against us.

Does he need to be such a prick? I don’t think so, but it’s not the first time he’s shown that side of himself against us either.

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 06:11 PM
Not great but this is the Craig Gordon thread.

And if you disagree with something/someone it doesn’t make it daft no matter how many times you say it.

It’s daft to argue the worth of Gordon against Macey.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2022, 06:12 PM
It’s daft to argue the worth of Gordon against Macey.

Yeah - who done that?

kaimendhibs
16-04-2022, 06:13 PM
Since the Dean Shiels incident he hasn't changed in the slightest, I have absolutely no respect for him whatsoever.

Agreed. Have hated him ever since the Shiels fiasco.
Utter throbber

Pretty Boy
16-04-2022, 06:13 PM

Absolutely sour grapes.

The day I congratulate Craig Gordon on his fine performance and gamesmanship that saw us beaten by Hearts in a semi final is the day I'll know football isn't for me anymore.

A class goalkeeper who also happens to be a cheating dickhead. And he should have come for that cross v England. *****bag.

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-04-2022, 06:14 PM
They are very lucky to have such a good goali, lets be honest he is an outstanding goalkeeper. We've not had a really good goalkeeper since either Leighton or Goram. His save from Porteous was world class.

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 06:16 PM
Yeah - who done that?

You like Macey but you’re blabbering one about Gordon’s distribution. they’ve got a good goalie and we’ve no.

Ron D Hibbie
16-04-2022, 06:18 PM
Why ? Because he gets the job done.. brilliant saves, brilliant keeper and willing to waste time and look like a total twat so his team can win..

Dont talk crap mate his behaviour was embarrasing.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2022, 06:19 PM
You like Macey but you’re blabbering one about Gordon’s distribution. they’ve got a good goalie and we’ve no.

I can take or leave Macey. On the Craig Gordon thread I never mentioned Macey but I did mention Gordon’s distribution not being very good.

Hope you understand now and you done feel too daft for getting mixed up. :wink:

LunasBoots
16-04-2022, 06:22 PM
Uses his experience for his team, pain in our arse for long enough.

DickieDastardly
16-04-2022, 06:22 PM
Absolutely sour grapes.

The day I congratulate Craig Gordon on his fine performance and gamesmanship that saw us beaten by Hearts in a semi final is the day I'll know football isn't for me anymore.

A class goalkeeper who also happens to be a cheating dickhead. And he should have come for that cross v England. *****bag.

should never have been a cross, Armstrong was to blame for that.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2022, 06:26 PM

Last line of defence is there for a reason though?

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 06:27 PM
I can take or leave Macey. On the Craig Gordon thread I never mentioned Macey but I did mention Gordon’s distribution not being very good.

Hope you understand now and you done feel too daft for getting mixed up. :wink:

Quite obvious what you were talking about when you bought distribution in to the conversation.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2022, 06:30 PM
Quite obvious what you were talking about when you bought distribution in to the conversation.

It is if that’s what you want to read or imagine what I meant. I’m just on here to slag off an opposition player that I think’s a cheat - and have done for many years.

Find it surprising he’s defended by so many - bring back the good old days.

A Hi-Bee

A blame the English, but Plooky should have plucked that one out the air.

sunshinejim
Gordon's save from Porteous was outstanding. The vast majority of keepers wouldn't have got near it never mind touch the ball onto the post. He's always been a knob though and his diving into I think it was Melkerson at the end of the match and feigning injury was utterly pathetic and utterly classless.

Just Alf
16-04-2022, 06:35 PM

He's a prick.
Absolute arsecrack of a man.All the above agree:

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2022, 06:35 PM

keepers ball all the way

Armstrong did play his part though

Key West
16-04-2022, 06:48 PM
Wish there were more guys like Lewis Stevenson in the game,a credit to his profession. Nobody doubts his ability it is the way he conducted himself today, an arrogant cheat.

Nicho87
16-04-2022, 06:54 PM
Av hated plooky since Dean Shiels penalty - his antics are worse than mcgregor

Diving ****

Fergos
16-04-2022, 07:01 PM
Banana man

Diclonius
16-04-2022, 07:12 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again.

The single biggest influence on Hearts' fortunes this century wasn't Romanov. It was Craig Gordon growing up as one of them.

Sooner he retires the better.

500miles
16-04-2022, 07:24 PM
I wonder if ex refs are going to write snide articles about him playacting.

LewysGot2
16-04-2022, 07:24 PM
Av hated plooky since Dean Shiels penalty - his antics are worse than mcgregor

Diving ****

My analogy after the game. Scotlands best ever keeper according to many...well, if that's true (and its not) why does he feel the need to act like a poundshop McGregor? The feigning injury after ensuring he threw himself at Melkerson was embarrassing

TelaStella
16-04-2022, 07:25 PM
Proper roaster. Embarrassed to call him a Scottish international after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McSwanky
16-04-2022, 08:05 PM
Great goalie. Utter **** of a man.

My Mum texted me after the game telling me 'the Hibees should have kicked that lanky canary' and despite her not being any sort of a football fan, I couldn't disagree [emoji1787]

TheCabbage
16-04-2022, 08:14 PM
He is a prick
Remember his reaction when he got done by Edouards panteca.
Utter welt

percy veer
16-04-2022, 09:12 PM
Honestly think we should use the same rule as rugby play on with treatment on the field

ekhibee
16-04-2022, 09:25 PM
Earlier in the thread somebody suggested filing him in the same file as McGregor, I agree with this. Really good keeper but not many other redeeming features. Mind you neither did Goram, and he was better than either of them. Maybe it's a goalie thing.

Itsnoteasy
16-04-2022, 09:35 PM
Wish we'd have had a good goalkeeper like hi like what we've had in recent years. We haven't had a good goalie like him since Goram.

Jim Leighton

Potty78
16-04-2022, 09:54 PM
Just goes to prove how rattled they were. Willing the clock down and took every chance they could to feign injury and waste time.

Great keeper but very little class. File alongside McGregor.

Wish we'd had one of them

California-Hibs
16-04-2022, 10:20 PM
Sadly he's world class. He's saved their ***** against us so many times. Can't wait till he retires, what a loss he's going to be to them.

Ron D Hibbie
16-04-2022, 10:23 PM
Wish we'd had one of them

Nobodys saying he is not a good keeper but his play acting today was embarrising.

JimBHibees
16-04-2022, 10:28 PM

But it was and he failed lamentably to deal with it.

LewysGot2
16-04-2022, 10:29 PM
Sadly he's world class. He's saved their ***** against us so many times. Can't wait till he retires, what a loss he's going to be to them.

World class? What passes as World class? There's not one World class Scotland player, never mind Spotty. Closest are Robertson and Tierney and even they're not.

World class is players like Messi, Mbappe, Lewandowski...not lanky from Balerno.

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 10:36 PM
World class? What passes as World class? There's not one World class Scotland player, never mind Spotty. Closest are Robertson and Tierney and even they're not.

World class is players like Messi, Mbappe, Lewandowski...not lanky from Balerno.Robertson is a world class left back

Surley it's about how they rank in there position - just just being creative/goalscorer

Daily Hibs
16-04-2022, 10:37 PM
What a weapon he is.

Disagree. I look at Gordon today and think that is exactly the type of experience and mentality we need at the club. He knew what he was doing, he managed the game at the end brilliantly for them. We all know it's what he does, he's done it for years.

why havent the players been drilled and told not to go into him giving the opportunity to kill the clock?

Another example of the mentality that needs to change at the club.

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-04-2022, 10:42 PM
Disagree. I look at Gordon today and think that is exactly the type of experience and mentality we need at the club. He knew what he was doing, he managed the game at the end brilliantly for them. We all know it's what he does, he's done it for years.

why havent the players been drilled and told not to go into him giving the opportunity to kill the clock?

Yep, only wish Hibs had players like that. Maybe we don't want to praise opposition players, especially their players, but maybe if we had more like him we'd be winning more games and derbies like today. Guys like Andy Goram or Jim Leighton would have done exactly the same when they played for us and we'd lapping it up.

sunshinejim
16-04-2022, 10:44 PM

It was pathetic and classless. I totally hope that Hibs players are never taught to throw themselves into opposition players and feign injuries. It brings football into disrepute and Gordon looked like a total knob. Hearts classless.

LewysGot2
16-04-2022, 10:46 PM
Robertson is a world class left back

Surley it's about how they rank in there position - just just being creative/goalscorer

He's not World Class - Spotty. Very few players are. Expression overly used. If he was he wouldn't be anywhere near the Bus Shelter

His career is not that of a World Class player.

Likewise, regardless of your position there are only a small number of truly World class players. Liverpool are a World class team with a World class manager but not everyone in that very balanced team is World class. All are international class though

davym7062
16-04-2022, 11:02 PM
his save today was outstandng> that goes in hibs win the game

Pete
17-04-2022, 12:30 AM

Agree. We can moan about timewasting and gamesmanship but if we were in their position we'd be doing exactly the same.

We were beaten by two great goals and what I'd call a world class save. Being critical of Craig Gordon, who is obviously a great player, serves no purpose other than to make ourselves feel better.
He's a freak, and he's freakishly good against us but the good news is that he'll be retiring in a year or two...surely??!

Zazu62
17-04-2022, 12:42 AM
Made Romanov 9 million wonder what happened to that

Pete
17-04-2022, 12:45 AM
Made Romanov 9 million wonder what happened to that

Did it go to the Charities that got bumped?

Baader
17-04-2022, 12:47 AM
Certainly isn't world class!

hibsbollah
17-04-2022, 05:35 AM
The rules re-attention for injured players urgently needs looking at. As a ref you of course can’t ignore a player who you think might be ‘at it’, there’s a duty of care to players, but continue with the game going on around you, have temporary subs etc. Gordon’s antics were a total embarrassment though, that degree of ****housery after being warned by Beaton could have seen a second yellow.

I hadnt realised at the time what a save that was from Porteous’ header. I thought Porto had sclaffed it a bit but no, another time when spotty has ****ed us over.

One Day
17-04-2022, 06:32 AM
What a weapon he is.

Great goalkeeper, odious human being

matty_f
17-04-2022, 06:49 AM
He’s a cheating *******.

Heisenberg
17-04-2022, 06:55 AM
Can’t believe it took so long for Beaton to book him. He was at it for the majority of the second half. A tremendous goalkeeper though. For all the talk about their improved recruitment without Gordon this season they’d not be where they are.

ShetlandHibby
17-04-2022, 07:35 AM
For those moaning about the time wasting have a word. Every club does it. In fact I remember Porto doing it this season against hearts when the ball clearly hit Lewis on the arm. Big Porto went down clutching his face! It’s part and parcel of the game!

As much at pains me to say it Gordon is world class. Every week he pulls of amazing saves that run of the mill goalies wouldn’t.

Killiehibbie
17-04-2022, 07:51 AM
Can’t believe it took so long for Beaton to book him. He was at it for the majority of the second half. A tremendous goalkeeper though. For all the talk about their improved recruitment without Gordon this season they’d not be where they are.

33/1 was available for him to get booked with half an hour to go and a boy with us helped himself to a few quid.

itslegaltender
17-04-2022, 08:10 AM
For those moaning about the time wasting have a word. Every club does it. In fact I remember Porto doing it this season against hearts when the ball clearly hit Lewis on the arm. Big Porto went down clutching his face! It’s part and parcel of the game!

As much at pains me to say it Gordon is world class. Every week he pulls of amazing saves that run of the mill goalies wouldn’t.

He is suspect to the cross. Always has been. That England goal focused on Armstrong but Gordon just as culpable.

Jones28
17-04-2022, 08:14 AM
How many games has he won hearts this season? A massive part of their success.

Smartie
17-04-2022, 08:22 AM
He is suspect to the cross. Always has been. That England goal focused on Armstrong but Gordon just as culpable.

We (Henderson) actually put in 4 or 5 very good back post crosses that took him out.

Their defenders actually did very well on a number of occasions to get a tiny wee touch on it with the head to avert the danger as we had players coming in on the ball.

They don't technically count as attempts on goal, but I thought we looked more dangerous than we had, and that we'd been trying to exploit Gordon's weakness at crosses.

JimBHibees
17-04-2022, 09:43 AM
We (Henderson) actually put in 4 or 5 very good back post crosses that took him out.

Their defenders actually did very well on a number of occasions to get a tiny wee touch on it with the head to avert the danger as we had players coming in on the ball.

They don't technically count as attempts on goal, but I thought we looked more dangerous than we had, and that we'd been trying to exploit Gordon's weakness at crosses.

Hendersons delivery was very good most of the game.

JimBHibees
17-04-2022, 09:45 AM

Yes you are right Hibs fans needing a goal in extra time should have politely applauded a player trying to stop us getting an equaliser due to pethatic acting. Made himself look a complete clown assisted by pathetic weak refereeing.

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2022, 10:04 AM
Yes you are right Hibs fans needing a goal in extra time should have politely applauded a player trying to stop us getting an equaliser due to pethatic acting. Made himself look a complete clown assisted by pathetic weak refereeing.

:agree: Really strange reaction by some to this one.

where'stheslope
17-04-2022, 10:11 AM

Porto did the same thing yesterday, he was kicked on the shoulder stooping to head the ball and Haring's foot caught him on the shoulder.
Porto went down holding his head, then got up rubbing his shoulder???
All players do it to try and gain advantage, we just gave them an excuse to go down, and they took it!!!

LewysGot2
17-04-2022, 10:48 AM
:agree: Really strange reaction by some to this one.

can’t quite understand it either. Bizarre. People self-flagellate after defeats in different ways I guess :greengrin

He’s somehow untouchable- maybe it comes from playing for the national side on and off or having been at one of the Ugly Sisters, who knows. He’s not even been able to long term hold down the Scotland No1 jersey or the Celtic jersey in recent years. Bewildered that somehow he’s some world class player. He’s a decent keeper who makes very good saves on occasions.

Football, eh. :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
17-04-2022, 10:52 AM
He’s a ****ing cheating ****, always has been. ****.

flash
17-04-2022, 11:33 AM
can’t quite understand it either. Bizarre. People self-flagellate after defeats in different ways I guess :greengrin

He’s somehow untouchable- maybe it comes from playing for the national side on and off or having been at one of the Ugly Sisters, who knows. He’s not even been able to long term hold down the Scotland No1 jersey or the Celtic jersey in recent years. Bewildered that somehow he’s some world class player. He’s a decent keeper who makes very good saves on occasions.

Football, eh. :greengrin

Hibs bad. Everybody else good.

Not Kickback but on our own forum.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2022, 11:41 AM
Great keeper who used all his experience and gamesmanship no complaints from me.

Tyler Durden
17-04-2022, 12:14 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again.

The single biggest influence on Hearts' fortunes this century wasn't Romanov. It was Craig Gordon growing up as one of them.

Sooner he retires the better.

Aye ok. £50m+ of dodgy cash was irrelevant was it

gbhibby
17-04-2022, 12:56 PM
Although his is nearly 40 he is still 35/36 years old in playing age due to the time he was out injured. Up there with best Scottish goalkeepers of all time

Callum_62
17-04-2022, 12:58 PM
It's weird as I've seen rocky and porto go down easily and it's been Called out as embaressing on here

Another teams player does it and it's put down to great experience and a winners attitude

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2022, 02:35 PM
He’s a ****ing cheating ****, always has been. ****.

Correct, from the Dean Shields incident, then yesterday was a disgrace. Deliberately trying to get a player sent off, by throwing himself to the ground and acting like he'd been shot. Pretty poor

TAHibby
17-04-2022, 02:48 PM
Stops twice on run up to a goal kick, book him then and it puts an end to it but that would require a competent official

I'm_cabbaged
17-04-2022, 05:02 PM
Although his is nearly 40 he is still 35/36 years old in playing age due to the time he was out injured. Up there with best Scottish goalkeepers of all time

**** off 😂😂

gbhibby
17-04-2022, 06:47 PM
**** off 😂😂

Wish he would retire but can see him doing another 2 or 3 seasons worth 10 to 15 points a season to them
😡😡😡

JamesHFC
17-04-2022, 06:52 PM
Stops twice on run up to a goal kick, book him then and it puts an end to it but that would require a competent official

State of refereeing in this country is abysmal. If Beaton & Madden are regarded as the best in the country after both their performances this weekend then there is no hope.

Neil Warnock joked last week that he decided to retire after going to watch Morton and couldn’t believe how awful the referee was.

jacomo
17-04-2022, 06:56 PM
Aye ok. £50m+ of dodgy cash was irrelevant was it

I mean, Craig Gordon has obviously been a huge player for Hertz, but no team has succeeded with a great keeper and nothing else.

Tommy75
17-04-2022, 07:34 PM
Craig Gordon is obviously a very good goalkeeper and a player with his ability has the potential to earn respect from rival fans. I know Hearts fans who respect Sauzee, Hibs fans who respect Robertson, Rangers fans who respect Larsson and so on. The difference between Gordon and the quality players who are respected by rival fans is that they carry themselves with a bit of class and dignity - Gordon does neither.

I'm_cabbaged
17-04-2022, 07:49 PM

**** off 😂😂

Scotty Leither
17-04-2022, 07:54 PM
Small point in the grand scheme of things, but a Hibs player should have ran in and picked him up off the ground after his "clash" with Melkersen late on, because there was basically **** all wrong with him, and turned his gamesmanship right back on him.

Referee would have to have dealt with it and there then, and we might have drawn him into a well-overdue yellow card.

Like somebody else, I immediately thought of the Dean Shiels penalty aftermath at Tynecastle when he went down holding his head and conned the referee.

What irked me more than anything else yesterday was when the 2 or 3 flashpoints occurred and he ran 40/50 yards from his goal to get involved.

A stronger ref would have waved a card in his face then and that would have stopped him pushing his luck later, but remember it is John Beaton who we are talking about.

Good goalie, far from "brilliant", better than we've currently got and plays up his Scotland status to the max with indulgent referees.

hibsbollah
17-04-2022, 07:55 PM
Small point in the grand scheme of things, but a Hibs player should have ran in and picked him up off the ground after his "clash" with Melkersen late on, because there was basically **** all wrong with him, and turned his gamesmanship right back on him.

Referee would have to have dealt with it and there then, and we might have drawn him into a well-overdue yellow card.

Like somebody else, I immediately thought of the Dean Shiels penalty aftermath at Tynecastle when he went down holding his head and conned the referee.

What irked me more than anything else yesterday was when the 2 or 3 flashpoints occurred and he ran 40/50 yards from his goal to get involved.

A stronger ref would have waved a card in his face then and that would have stopped him pushing his luck later, but remember it is John Beaton who we are talking about.

Good goalie, far from "brilliant", better than we've currently got and plays up his Scotland status to the max with indulgent referees.

Agree. Well summarised.

ancient hibee
17-04-2022, 08:00 PM

Team captain isn’t he? He should get involved as should ours. Picking up an opponent? Anyone tries that with one of our players when down injured(whether faking or not)I would want yellow carded.

Diclonius
17-04-2022, 08:04 PM

No, but if we're ahead against Hearts and there's not a lot of time left, we should go down moaning and complaining and staying there every single time they even come near us.

This better team pish is half the reason teams think we're a soft touch. Same breath as the "dignified silence" and "just another game" tropes. I want us to win the gamesmanship league next season. **** it.

Scotty Leither
17-04-2022, 08:04 PM
Team captain isn’t he? He should get involved as should ours. Picking up an opponent? Anyone tries that with one of our players when down injured(whether faking or not)I would want yellow carded.

Watch it again - he has forward momentum into Melkersen and his reaction was disproportionate to the challenge, and you see opposition players picking opponents up all the time when they're "injured" - we've just got nobody in our team as well versed in the dark arts as that cheat is.

Diclonius
17-04-2022, 08:09 PM
Watch it again - he has forward momentum into Melkersen and his reaction was disproportionate to the challenge, and you see opposition players picking opponents up all the time when they're "injured" - we've just got nobody in our team as well versed in the dark arts as that cheat is.

Then we'd better get one because feeling sorry for ourselves doesn't win games of football.

ancient hibee
17-04-2022, 08:10 PM

If someone had picked up Evans the Scottish rugby player a few years back when he had a simple collision he’d have killed him. Or what might have been the damage to Nisbet when he seemed to be making a bit of a meal of the Celtic player’s foul?

Scotty Leither
17-04-2022, 08:15 PM
If someone had picked up Evans the Scottish rugby player a few years back when he had a simple collision he’d have killed him. Or what might have been the damage to Nisbet when he seemed to be making a bit of a meal of the Celtic player’s foul?

Ah right, i'll just believe him the next time, and this wasn't a continuation of him killing the clock like he was on every occasion after Halkett went off and they were looking a bit vulnerable.

Lovely lad, that Craig Gordon

bod
17-04-2022, 08:15 PM
Great keeper who used all his experience and gamesmanship no complaints from me.

Nor me,if the scores were reversed & Macey done it would there be such an uproar on here ? I doubt it

The Spaceman
17-04-2022, 08:19 PM
One of the greatest goalkeepers in the modern Scottish game. The amount of times he has bailed Hearts out in particular this season has been remarkable, as well as his consistency. I wish we had a goalkeeper as good as he is, it must do wonders to the team playing in front of him.

onfire
17-04-2022, 08:20 PM
Is a cheating bawjaw jambo who happens to be a good goalie!

ancient hibee
17-04-2022, 08:20 PM
this
Ah right, i'll just believe him the next time, and this wasn't a continuation of him killing the clock like he was on every occasion after Halkett went off and they were looking a bit vulnerable.

Lovely lad, that Craig Gordon

He was doing his best to win the match. If that involves cheating then that’s the way it is.Our trouble this season is we have fielded too many players who don’t seem to care one way or another as the manager has belatedly realised.

wookie70
17-04-2022, 08:46 PM
It is embarrassing when Porteous roles about and throws himself to the ground and just as bad when other players do it. £35 to watch grown men play acting isn't great value. The referee was appalling in dealing with Heart's timewasting. They can do it but it is the referee who is there to control and punish a team when they go down that route.

JimBHibees
17-04-2022, 09:21 PM
No, but if we're ahead against Hearts and there's not a lot of time left, we should go down moaning and complaining and staying there every single time they even come near us.

This better team pish is half the reason teams think we're a soft touch. Same breath as the "dignified silence" and "just another game" tropes. I want us to win the gamesmanship league next season. **** it.

Nah he's a dik

Turkish Green
18-04-2022, 12:16 AM
It is embarrassing when Porteous roles about and throws himself to the ground and just as bad when other players do it. £35 to watch grown men play acting isn't great value. The referee was appalling in dealing with Heart's timewasting. They can do it but it is the referee who is there to control and punish a team when they go down that route.

All a referee will do is add time or give a card if it if persistent time wasting. What it does do however is break up the momentum that the attacking team may have and allow the defending team to settle.

Gordon does it, McGregor does it. Not nice but not unexpected.

matty_f
18-04-2022, 12:26 AM
He’s still a cheating *******.

Since452
18-04-2022, 09:08 AM
They shouls build a statue of him. He's won numerous derbies for them over the years.

bigwheel
18-04-2022, 09:11 AM
They shouls build a statue of him. He's won numerous derbies for them over the years.

It would fall down , rolling about in pain , if anyone bumped it.

Stubbsy90+2
18-04-2022, 09:40 AM
How many games has he won hearts this season? A massive part of their success.

Yup. Saves like that are as good as a goal at the other end.

He’s every bit as important to them as a 20 odd goal striker would be.

weecounty hibby
18-04-2022, 10:14 AM
He is an absolute ****. But I wish he was our absolute ****!!

matty_f
18-04-2022, 11:17 AM
It would fall down , rolling about in pain , if anyone bumped it.

they’d be better building it lying down.

not sure if i mentioned it but he’s a cheating *******.

Diclonius
18-04-2022, 11:18 AM
Nah he's a dik

If we were 2-1 up and Porteous pretended to be assaulted by one of them he'd be a legend. Absolutely no question.

WestCoastHibby
18-04-2022, 01:10 PM
Stupid post.
Craig Gordon is in a cup final. We are about to do battle in the bottom half of the league.
He’s the dobber is he!?

Diclonius
18-04-2022, 01:17 PM
Stupid post.
Craig Gordon is in a cup final. We are about to do battle in the bottom half of the league.
He’s the dobber is he!?

:agree:

Big "wahhhhh it's not fair" energy from this thread.

JohnM1875
18-04-2022, 01:19 PM
Stupid post.
He’s the dobber is he!?

Craig Cordon is absolutely 100% a dobber.

lyonhibs
18-04-2022, 01:37 PM
He'll be delighted he's got us all hot under the collar, that's for sure. Playing for his boyhood club, doing what it takes to win a massive derby. Oh for a few more of those in green and white. Also, still a top goalkeeper, certainly against us.

Since452
18-04-2022, 01:41 PM
He was time wasting yes but our players would have done exactly the same. In fact i'd be absolutley delighted with them if they did.

wookie70
18-04-2022, 02:09 PM
Just watched some of his ridiculous play acting and time wasting. I probably spent a fiver between me and my daughter watching Craig Gordon roll about and waiting for him to take free kicks. Football really needs to stop the blatent cheating

CentreLine
18-04-2022, 02:35 PM

It sure is. Did you notice Haring rolling about, holding his head to try and get play stopped, when Gordon made that incredible save from Porteous? Don’t like it when any player does that, regardless of what team they represent. Not least that it falls in to the category of crying wolf. When Ericsson wend down in the World Cup a referee might well have waited a bit to see if it was genuine. These play actors are playing with the safety of their piers.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2022, 03:36 PM
I know he has a big of a following on here and he is a good goalie (distribution aside) however a footballer trying to get fellow pros sent off has never been an acceptable part of the game has it?

wookie70
18-04-2022, 04:29 PM
It sure is. Did you notice Haring rolling about, holding his head to try and get play stopped, when Gordon made that incredible save from Porteous? Don’t like it when any player does that, regardless of what team they represent. Not least that it falls in to the category of crying wolf. When Ericsson wend down in the World Cup a referee might well have waited a bit to see if it was genuine. These play actors are playing with the safety of their piers.

That is a very good point regarding crying wolf. When I was coaching I use to take kids off who pretended to be injured and rolled about. I always said you looked really hurt so I'm subbing you for a bit to allow you to recover. Amazing how quick they stopped pretending and you knew when they went down they had got a dull one.