PDA

View Full Version : Al Faisaly and Martin Boyle

andrew70
15-04-2022, 08:53 PM
If anyones struggling to whittle the hours away, Boyle’s team are in Champions League action just now live on the one football app.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2022, 09:06 PM
Watch Nasaf vs Al Faisaly live stream online - Bingsport (https://bingsport.com/live-sport/nasaf-vs-al-faisaly-1629101320.html)

HT

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2022, 09:26 PM
commentator thinks Martin Boyle is Australian

cameronw-hfc
15-04-2022, 09:32 PM
commentator thinks Martin Boyle is Australian

He technically is in football terms. Probably similar to hearing Mctominay and stuff being called Scottish despite being English born

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2022, 09:36 PM
He technically is in football terms. Probably similar to hearing Mctominay and stuff being called Scottish despite being English born

and Che Adams :)

1875godsgift
15-04-2022, 09:39 PM
Goalie's made a few good saves to keep them ahead!

ddoc
28-06-2022, 08:11 AM
Apparently they have been relegated and may have to offload MB to cut their wage bill.

Sir David Gray
28-06-2022, 08:14 AM
Apparently they have been relegated and may have to offload MB to cut their wage bill.

No idea about the implications for Boyle but they have definitely been relegated after they lost 2-1 to Al-Hilal yesterday, who won the title as a result.

SlickShoes
28-06-2022, 08:15 AM
Bring him home!

BILLYHIBS
28-06-2022, 08:19 AM
Is there not a 500k buy back clause or did I just make that up ? :greengrin

Cmon Ron pony up !

Big_Franck
28-06-2022, 08:20 AM
Could be good news for us. Sell Doig and use the money to sign a quality left back and to bring Boyler home. Team would quite different then.

hibbyfraelibby
28-06-2022, 08:21 AM
Bring him home!

One for the B Team...

ddoc
28-06-2022, 08:22 AM
Is there not a 500k buy back clause or did I just make that up ? :greengrin

Cmon Ron pony up !

From the article I read:

His former club Hibernian reportedly has a buyback clause in his contract, giving them thee opportunity to match any transfer offer made for Boyle from any English club.

Bostonhibby
28-06-2022, 08:23 AM
One for the B Team...Matty Jack role?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
28-06-2022, 08:26 AM
Matty Jack role?

Imagine the spine of the B Team with Boyler, Daz and Matty😁

H18 SFR
28-06-2022, 08:36 AM
Time to fill in the corners.

Mcbizz1998
28-06-2022, 08:36 AM
Usually I would think this would be unlikely but with his wife and child still in Edinburgh, it’s got to be in his mind about getting back home.

If there is any possibility Hibs should be doing everything they can go get him back at ER.

JimBHibees
28-06-2022, 08:37 AM
Usually I would think this would be unlikely but with his wife and child still in Edinburgh, it’s got to be in his mind about getting back home.

If there is any possibility Hibs should be doing everything they can go get him back at ER.

Is his wife not currently pregnant also?

Mcbizz1998
28-06-2022, 08:38 AM
Is his wife not currently pregnant also?

That’s rings a bell but not sure tbh.

Heisenberg
28-06-2022, 08:40 AM
If he’s coming back to Scotland at any point I’m sure Aberdeen would be trying their best to get him again. We can’t compete with the cash they offer so hopefully he’d still choose to come back here.

Stubbsy90+2
28-06-2022, 08:46 AM

You’d have to imagine we’d have to pay a fee that we simply wouldn’t pay unfortunately.

He’s only been there 6 months, I’d be stunned if they were willing to accept £500k or so which is probably about as high as we go fee wise.

stokesmessiah
28-06-2022, 08:49 AM
If he’s coming back to Scotland at any point I’m sure Aberdeen would be trying their best to get him again. We can’t compete with the cash they offer so hopefully he’d still choose to come back here.

Did he not say when he was leaving that Hibs is the only club he would go to?

SlickShoes
28-06-2022, 08:52 AM
:hyper

ElginHibbie
28-06-2022, 08:52 AM

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/a-goodbye-from-martin-boyle

"There's no other club in Scotland I'd rather be at"

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2022, 08:54 AM
No chance at all he's coming here. They aren't suddenly going go offload him for a price we can afford and we wouldn't be able to pay the wages he'd want, that's why he left.

Mcbizz1998
28-06-2022, 08:55 AM

No chance he chooses Aberdeen over us, they don’t pay that much!

Sir David Gray
28-06-2022, 09:00 AM
The only teams who could currently afford him in Scotland are Celtic and Rangers.

He won't be giving up £20k a week in Saudi Arabia after 6 months. If he leaves them it will be to go to another team that also offers £20k a week.

Mr. Wonderful
28-06-2022, 09:02 AM
The only teams who could currently afford him in Scotland are Celtic and Rangers.

He won't be giving up £20k a week in Saudi Arabia after 6 months. If he leaves them it will be to go to another team that also offers £20k a week.

Hibs included a buy back clause. Can't see them selling anyway, they'll want to bounce back up

Mcbizz1998
28-06-2022, 09:02 AM

Well, not if the team in Saudi can’t afford the wages due being relegated and want to offload him. And then it will be a case of Boyle being paid what a club is willing to pay him.

ddoc
28-06-2022, 09:06 AM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/a-goodbye-from-martin-boyle

"There's no other club in Scotland I'd rather be at"

Regrettably that does not mean he would not go to another club in Scotland.
If he moves on due to Al Faisaly’s relegation you would think that he may still be looking for the pretty decent wage packet that brought about his transfer, and that is not likely to be had coming back to Hibs 6 months after leaving.
But I know the square root of zero about football contracts, he may get a decent wedge from them for offloading him 30 months early. But I doubt he will be back at ER any time soon.

Sir David Gray
Well, not if the team in Saudi can’t afford the wages due being relegated and want to offload him. And then it will be a case of Boyle being paid what a club is willing to pay him.

He's about to play in the World Cup so I would expect that clubs with more money than us will be interested if he becomes available.

Renfrew_Hibby

£20/25K is fairly average pay for the lower end of the English prem and upper end of the championship.
Would it be realistic to imagine Boyle at a Fulham, Bournemouth or Norwich or should he be aiming higher?

Blaster
28-06-2022, 09:08 AM
No chance at all he's coming here. They aren't suddenly going go offload him for a price we can afford and we wouldn't be able to pay the wages he'd want, that's why he left.

Once we get the £6m Mcginn windfall we can……

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2022, 09:12 AM
Once we get the £6m Mcginn windfall we can……

Hey, I'd absolutely love that to happen

BlackSheep
28-06-2022, 09:25 AM

Jeez... can't you let us dream!!!

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2022, 09:34 AM
If he goes up for sale, I doubt we would be able to match the fee anyway, never mind the wages.

SChibs
28-06-2022, 09:35 AM
£20/25K is fairly average pay for the lower end of the English prem and upper end of the championship.
Would it be realistic to imagine Boyle at a Fulham, Bournemouth or Norwich or should he be aiming higher?

No imo. As good a player as I think he is he's not at yhe level of the English top flight

Col2
28-06-2022, 09:40 AM
Given they are relegated they might want to loan him out for 6 months or so. We would need to fund a fair chunk of his wages so say £10k a week over 26 weeks.

We would be absolutely flying going into next season if he returned. Would give us so many new options at top end given other additions.

darwenhibby
28-06-2022, 09:45 AM
Was the £3m upfront or instalments?
Could effect our budget if latter

easty
28-06-2022, 09:46 AM
No imo. As good a player as I think he is he's not at yhe level of the English top flight

Completely disagree. In my opinion you're either thinking EPL teams are better than they are, or massively undervaluing Martin Boyle.

I'm not saying he's a top class player, he's never good enough for the top teams in the EPL, but in teams like Southampton (where Armstrong and Adams play regularly), Bournemouth (Christie a regular for them) and Nottingham Forest who've just come up, for example. Boyle could easily play in those teams.

Stubbsy90+2
28-06-2022, 09:58 AM
Completely disagree. In my opinion you're either thinking EPL teams are better than they are, or massively undervaluing Martin Boyle.

I'm not saying he's a top class player, he's never good enough for the top teams in the EPL, but in teams like Southampton (where Armstrong and Adams play regularly), Bournemouth (Christie a regular for them) and Nottingham Forest who've just come up, for example. Boyle could easily play in those teams.

Agree.

Boyle could be a handy squad player for anybody in the bottom half, especially for a couple million. To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if he started for a lot of them.

Nicho87
28-06-2022, 10:01 AM
God are the rumours of the return starting already!!

Love it!

Not In The Know
28-06-2022, 10:05 AM

Totally - i cant believe some of the over spending champ teams down south haven't picked him up.

jacomo
28-06-2022, 10:05 AM
Was the £3m upfront or instalments?
Could effect our budget if latter

Only if the club goes bust. Or, I suppose, they might offer us an appointment at a Saudi embassy…

Lago
28-06-2022, 10:39 AM
If he goes up for sale, I doubt we would be able to match the fee anyway, never mind the wages.
In all honesty I don't think we'll see him back at Hibs period.

neil7908
28-06-2022, 10:44 AM

He has a contract though and that is binding. Martin has all the power here and they can't make him to go anywhere if he doesn't want to.

They can of course make things hard for him to force him out, and I'd imagine that is easier in somewhere like Saudi Arabia where I doubt the law will give Martin much protection.

I think we will see Martin back at ER but its a bit soon. If this was happening even a year down the line then I could see him having made enough money to move back here but after only a few months it would be a tough one for him.

dchibs
28-06-2022, 10:45 AM
In all honesty I don't think we'll see him back at Hibs period.

He might when he's 36.

Lago
28-06-2022, 10:51 AM
He might when he's 36.
Well yeah maybe then :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
28-06-2022, 10:55 AM
Given the circumstances I cannot see an immediate return of the Boyler :boo hoo: If he has to move then it will probably be to England to a team who can cover most of what Al Faisaly paid for him. Upper end of the Championship is probably where he will end up. If we see MB again, it will be nearer the end of his career. I hope I am wrong but I don't see him uprooting his life like he did just to come back to Scotland to earn roughly what he was on when he left 6 months ago. His footballing ability has not dropped off and he will expect his salary to stay high until it does.

Just_Jimmy
28-06-2022, 11:15 AM
6 months at 20k he's banked just short of half a mill.

He can come back here for 6k a week plus bonuses. He's had a holiday, got half a mill and he'll be welcomed back like the messiah.

What's not to like.

Right, Ron... Pony up

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

shamo9
28-06-2022, 11:20 AM

He can come back here for 6k a week plus bonuses. He's had a holiday, got half a mill and he'll be welcomed back like the messiah.

What's not to like.

Right, Ron... Pony up

:thumbsup: Bring him home :greengrin

Forza Fred
28-06-2022, 11:23 AM

Don’t think they have any money worries

They average about 5000 a home game so it’s not as if relegation is going to put a serious dent in their income.

Obviously they are funded by rich benefactors.

shamo9
28-06-2022, 11:26 AM
Given the circumstances I cannot see an immediate return of the Boyler :boo hoo: If he has to move then it will probably be to England to a team who can cover most of what Al Faisaly paid for him. Upper end of the Championship is probably where he will end up. If we see MB again, it will be nearer the end of his career. I hope I am wrong but I don't see him uprooting his life like he did just to come back to Scotland to earn roughly what he was on when he left 6 months ago. His footballing ability has not dropped off and he will expect his salary to stay high until it does.

I wouldn't say he uprooted his life. After a lot of deliberation his family decided to stay in Edinburgh in their family home. If he returns it would almost be like coming back from a long holiday away.

Zambernardi1875
28-06-2022, 11:42 AM
Wouldn’t be surprised if he went to The A-league or another Asian club

Forza Fred
28-06-2022, 11:44 AM
Wouldn’t be surprised if he went to The A-league or another Asian club

No A League club would be able to afford the likely transfer fee.

However is his contract is cancelled and he is a free agent then that’s a different story and he could well end up here in Oz.

sadtom
28-06-2022, 11:45 AM
I haven’t paid any attention to his results. Does anyone know if he has been playing well or is one of their better performers? Can’t imagine it will be very appealing playing in the 2nd tier over there.

There’s an old saying, ‘I’m not worried about the man with the scar. I’m worried about the man that gave him the scar’.
With that in mind should we not be trying to sign the winger from the team that won the league, not from the team that was relegated?
:wink:
(would have him back in a heartbeat)

MelbourneHibees
28-06-2022, 11:52 AM

However is his contract is cancelled and he is a free agent then that’s a different story and he could well end up here in Oz.
Moving to any A-League team would be a step down.

Brightside
28-06-2022, 11:53 AM

What's not to like.

Right, Ron... Pony up

He'd have to pay the tax too...

Zambernardi1875
28-06-2022, 11:56 AM

Yeah true, it’s not often a league clubs pay high fees or none at all. Is that because of clubs not having funds or is there restrictions?

eastmainsmsh
28-06-2022, 12:02 PM
Was Chris Mueller not on a big wage ? If MB available and that’s the wages no brainer cmon Ron

Zambernardi1875
28-06-2022, 12:03 PM

Yeah true, it’s not often a league clubs pay high fees or none at all. Is that because of clubs not having funds or is there restrictions?

Frazerbob
28-06-2022, 12:07 PM
Our obsession with signing ex-players is still strong I see. 🤣

CapitalGreen
28-06-2022, 12:11 PM
That 2nd Saudi league is a massive drop off from the top division. There is much less foreign players and of those foreign players, very few are westerners. I’d be surprised if he returned to us so soon but I’d be equally surprised if he hangs around at his current club. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him move to another Saudi club or possibly elsewhere in the Middle East. It’s also highly likely that his contract will have included clauses that saw his salary reduce in the event of a relegation.

Dunbar Hibee
28-06-2022, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't say he uprooted his life. After a lot of deliberation his family decided to stay in Edinburgh in their family home. If he returns it would almost be like coming back from a long holiday away.

Dunbar, not Edinburgh 😉

WhileTheChief..
28-06-2022, 12:29 PM
Decent for us whilst he was here but we’ve moved on.

I'm_cabbaged
28-06-2022, 12:29 PM

Eh? We were a 1 man team!

KeithTheHibby
28-06-2022, 12:32 PM

Decent? Really? You must be a hard man to please.

Did you see how much we plummeted after we left?

I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Winston Ingram
28-06-2022, 12:33 PM

:faf:

sleeping giant
28-06-2022, 12:48 PM

🤣

Vault Boy
28-06-2022, 12:50 PM

You’re talking about Matt Macey I assume

CMac1988
28-06-2022, 12:52 PM

Now this is some top quality :fishin:

...Surely?

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2022, 12:56 PM
Eh? We were a 1 man team!

Except for the other 10 blokes who all done their bit.

Just_Jimmy
28-06-2022, 01:09 PM
He'd have to pay the tax too...Tax is for us mere mortals to worry about. Celebs, politicians, Lithuanian Submariners and Martin Hun Slayer Boyle don't need to worry about inconveniences of tax issues... allegedly.

WestEndHibee
28-06-2022, 01:09 PM

Want some chips with that?

I'm_cabbaged
28-06-2022, 01:20 PM
Except for the other 10 blokes who all done their bit.

Aye, did fek all after he left.

MagicSwirlingShip
28-06-2022, 01:23 PM
Perhaps he has a break clause in his contract if the club are relegated 🧐

The_Sauz
28-06-2022, 01:32 PM
Hi all

I could have picked this up the wrong way, but did Martin not say that Hibs had first option should he leave his current club? :confused:

MelbourneHibees
28-06-2022, 01:36 PM
Hi all

I could have picked this up the wrong way, but did Martin not say that Hibs had first option should he leave his current club? :confused:

I think Martin has a say in what wages he asks for as well...

greenlex
28-06-2022, 01:48 PM
He will end up at the Huns.

J-C
28-06-2022, 02:10 PM
Perhaps he has a break clause in his contract if the club are relegated 🧐

Just posted the same thought on the transfer thread.

Stokesy's on fire
28-06-2022, 02:11 PM
Bring him home

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2022, 02:12 PM
Aye, did fek all after he left.

More to do with the rookie in charge.

I'm_cabbaged
28-06-2022, 02:17 PM
More to do with the rookie in charge.

It was fairly obvious we were going to be rank without him before JR got the bullet.

Scotty Leither
28-06-2022, 02:22 PM

What's not to like.

Right, Ron... Pony up

I think we would see a significant spike in season ticket sales which would offset some of the cost if Hibs could make it happen.

Alex Trager
28-06-2022, 02:29 PM
I think we would see a significant spike in season ticket sales which would offset some of the cost if Hibs could make it happen.

Totally agree

Ronniekirk
28-06-2022, 02:35 PM

He did but it won’t be his call it will be down to whether Lee wants him back in the team and if we can afford what the fee would be
Pros We know what we are getting and he has played his best stuff with us and is proven scorer with pace to burn This would allow some of the younger players time to settle in in the B team and bring them off the bench when ready gradually exposing them to the rigours of first team football Uo here
Cons would that stifle young players development and Woukd we end up too reliant on him again which some fans felt was a problem at point he left

JammyDoidger
28-06-2022, 02:35 PM

Sell Doig and play Stevenson left back for a season, sorted.

keep the faith
28-06-2022, 02:38 PM

Wow! 🤣

Northernhibee
28-06-2022, 02:50 PM
It's one of those ones we'd absolutely love to happen and would be on the level of Deeks rejoining, but I think we'll end up with our hearts broken if we believe it might actually be the case.

Since452
28-06-2022, 02:56 PM
Decent? Really? You must be a hard man to please.

Did you see how much we plummeted after we left?

I would take him back in a heartbeat.

That was as much, if not more to do with injuries and a hopeless manager than it was Boyle leaving.

HFC93
28-06-2022, 03:02 PM
Anyone saying anything other than Martin Boyle returning would be brilliant for Hibs is on one.

Diclonius
28-06-2022, 03:51 PM
Absolutely no chance he's coming back.

itslegaltender
28-06-2022, 03:55 PM
Would love to see him back maybe in a coaching role one day.

Nicho87
28-06-2022, 04:08 PM
What’s more comical is Dundee United fans on instagram having a serious conversation about trying to get him

McGruber
28-06-2022, 04:14 PM
Absolutely no chance he's coming back.

I think he will be in time - not just now though, couple years yet

hibby rae
28-06-2022, 04:20 PM
I think he will be in time - not just now though, couple years yet

Agreed. My gut tells me he'll do his contract over there and then return to Scotland to be with his family, a larger one than when he left too!

Realistically there'll only be a very small number of clubs that would be, so fingers crossed it's us.

Billy Whizz
28-06-2022, 04:24 PM
What’s more comical is Dundee United fans on instagram having a serious conversation about trying to get him

Probably via the Jack Ross connection, who Martin got on really well with

JohnM1875
28-06-2022, 04:27 PM
Probably via the Jack Ross connection, who Martin got on really well with

Aye that and European football. Think they were paying a fair whack to Shankland as well.

Mr. Wonderful
28-06-2022, 04:44 PM

Not that unlikely. Him and JR are real close

Since90+2
28-06-2022, 04:56 PM

Let's not be silly.

Greenworld
28-06-2022, 05:05 PM
Not that unlikely. Him and JR are real closeIf and a big if he is avaiable the Hibs get to see any bid and financial details. So they can decide if they want him back .

As part of the agreement, the Saudi Arabian club must notify Hibs if they ever intend to sell Boyle to another British team.

The financial terms of the offer received for the Australia international would have to be disclosed to the Premiership side, who would then decide whether to match the offer, or let Boyle move to another club

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

hibby rae
28-06-2022, 05:17 PM
Aye that and European football. Think they were paying a fair whack to Shankland as well.

In 20/21 their wages to turnover ratio was 133%.

Stairway 2 7
28-06-2022, 05:24 PM

You kidding 😆 ffs

Since452
28-06-2022, 06:10 PM

They could be in a committed relationship with each other and he still wouldn't be going to Dundee United.

Nicho87
28-06-2022, 06:27 PM
If anyone seriously think Dundee united had a sniff off Boyle purely cause of Ross please put the dodgy fags down

Boyle was with us 6/7 year won trophies long before Ross was on the scene. If it was even Lennon who I think he got on better with personally I’d still say more chance of Boyle moving to hearts

JDT
28-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Is anybody else like me and wondering if we were to resign Martin where he'd fit in? I mean he'd play ofcourse but haven't we just addressed the wide player issue with McGeady and Tavares. Wasn't there also chat about Youhan playing on the left and the the Gambian guy who can also play out wide

Since90+2
28-06-2022, 06:44 PM
Is anybody else like me and wondering if we were to resign Martin where he'd fit in? I mean he'd play ofcourse but haven't we just addressed the wide player issue with McGeady and Tavares. Wasn't there also chat about Youhan playing on the left and the the Gambian guy who can also play out wide

He'd be our best player so he'd certainly fit in.

Gmack7
28-06-2022, 07:06 PM

Well need to see how a couple of the new lads get on before that would be confirmed, I have high hopes for a few

bod
28-06-2022, 07:08 PM
& the folk who’d buy a season ticket or PATG a each home game

JamesHFC
Boyle has pretty much already said the only club he would come back to Scotland and play for would be Hibs (excluding Old Firm of course).

Dundee United 😂

Mcbizz1998

Tavares will need to be some player to keep Boyle out the team. Would be a nice problem to have.

LustForLeith
28-06-2022, 07:14 PM
Can see him at Celtic

JohnM1875
28-06-2022, 07:16 PM

Absolutely spot on.

GreenPJ
28-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Boyle has pretty much already said the only club he would come back to Scotland and play for would be Hibs (excluding Old Firm of course).

Dundee United 😂

Did he say that (genuine question)?

I know we have first refusal and if we did not take up the option I suspect he would be up in Aberdeen - local lad, they have tried before.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-06-2022, 07:29 PM
His move was always a ludicrous one to one of the worst teams in a really low standard league, having been relegated to the second tier, it's inconceivable that this is where he will play next season. So the inevitable move back to UK won't be delayed any longer I suspect, though it won't be to Hibs. Has always amazed me that neither Celtic or Rangers fancied him under previous managers, maybe they will now. Most likely destination would be England IMO.

CapitalGreen
28-06-2022, 07:30 PM
His move was always a ludicrous one to a one of worst teams in a really low standard league, having been relegated to the second tier, it's inconceivable that this is where he will play next season. So the inevitable move back to UK won't be delayed any longer I suspect, though it won't be to Hibs. Has always amazed me that neither Celtic or Rangers fancied him under previous managers, maybe they will now. Most likely destination would be England IMO.

He’ll probably move to another team in the Middle East.

Stuart93
28-06-2022, 07:31 PM
Did he say that (genuine question)?

I know we have first refusal and if we did not take up the option I suspect he would be up in Aberdeen - local lad, they have tried before.

I’d be pretty pissed off if he came back here and never ended up back at us unless rangers or Celtic were sniffing about

J-C
28-06-2022, 07:31 PM

Tavares wide left, Boyle on the right and McGeady behind the striker.

itslegaltender
28-06-2022, 07:53 PM

Wheres that Daffy gif?

Nicho87
28-06-2022, 08:05 PM

We’d win the league

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2022, 08:06 PM
We’d win the league

Only if the striker is big Doidgey

Just_Jimmy
28-06-2022, 08:26 PM
Is anybody else like me and wondering if we were to resign Martin where he'd fit in? I mean he'd play ofcourse but haven't we just addressed the wide player issue with McGeady and Tavares. Wasn't there also chat about Youhan playing on the left and the the Gambian guy who can also play out wideNo.

He'd be the first name on the team sheet as he'd be our best player.

TheGreenMan
28-06-2022, 08:26 PM
The Huns could sell Kent for a fortune and get an upgrade on end product signing Boyle for a fraction of the cost.

I'd say zero chance of him coming back. Sure it was a 2 year deal he signed. £2m in wages!

Tambo
28-06-2022, 08:28 PM
Anyone able to work out how much he has made so far from his move?

Would love to see him back in the summer but just can't see it.

Is It On....
28-06-2022, 08:37 PM

He would be "decent" for them 😂

Greenworld
28-06-2022, 08:47 PM
We’d win the league
Anyone able to work out how much he has made so far from his move?

Would love to see him back in the summer but just can't see it.Sure it was a 18 month contract on 1.5 million / year salary.
So he has had 750k so far

LustForLeith
28-06-2022, 09:01 PM
Can see him at Celtic

hibby rae
28-06-2022, 09:07 PM
Sure it was a 18 month contract on 1.5 million / year salary.
So he has had 750k so far

He'll have to pay tax on his earnings though if he comes back before a certain time.

My pal will be out there 3 years before she comes back. Not including holidays.

FilipinoHibs
29-06-2022, 01:50 AM
It was always all about the money he would make in Saudi. He will stick it out.

If you are made for life you can afford to take a moral stance :

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/ATP_Tennis/116130/andy-murray-i-wouldn-t-play-in-saudi-arabia-i-already-turned-them-down-in-the-past/

Forza Fred
29-06-2022, 04:01 AM

There are NO transfers between A League clubs.

They can however transfer players overseas.

Can’t think of any transfer fees that have been paid to attract players to Oz.

Jim44
29-06-2022, 05:18 AM
There are NO transfers between A League clubs.

They can however transfer players overseas.

Can’t think of any transfer fees that have been paid to attract players to Oz.

The compromise of less cash but a more attractive lifestyle might attract players to Australia. If he leaves SA, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up there.

Dmas
29-06-2022, 05:25 AM
The compromise of less cash but a more attractive lifestyle might attract players to Australia. If he leaves SA, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up there.

This would be my guess as well, you would expect MB to get at least part of the full value of his contract paid up if it’s to get him off the wage bill, that could set him and his family up for a life in Oz, finish his career in A-League, unsure about citizenship like I’m assuming he’ll now have an Australian passport so his wife and kids will be fine too

loanheadhibby
29-06-2022, 05:26 AM

I hope he can stick it out. When he left it was for life changing money. Appreciate circumstances change but in the long run, make as much cash as you can.

hibby rae
29-06-2022, 10:34 AM
This would be my guess as well, you would expect MB to get at least part of the full value of his contract paid up if it’s to get him off the wage bill, that could set him and his family up for a life in Oz, finish his career in A-League, unsure about citizenship like I’m assuming he’ll now have an Australian passport so his wife and kids will be fine too

Going on things the Boyles have said, they are very settled in Scotland. Does his dad even live in Australia? Pretty sure all family and friends are here. Other than playing for the national team, are there any ties there?

Paul1642
29-06-2022, 10:56 AM
Can see him at Celtic

Not good enough for Celtic IMO. Would be a waste of signing purely to keep him away from another Scottish team which hasn’t been their signing strategy recently in way that they used to.

w pilton hibby
29-06-2022, 03:42 PM
From the EEN

Reports claim Martin Boyle is not seeking immediate return to Hibs after relegation

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/reports-claim-martin-boyle-is-not-seeking-immediate-return-to-hibs-after-relegation-3749701

HoboHarry
29-06-2022, 03:52 PM
Can't believe this even a conversation lol. Unless he is SERIOUSLY homesick then he'd be completely off his rocker to come back here at this point.

WhileTheChief..
29-06-2022, 04:18 PM
Want some chips with that?

Eh? :confused:

1van Sprou7e
29-06-2022, 04:53 PM
Can't believe this even a conversation lol. Unless he is SERIOUSLY homesick then he'd be completely off his rocker to come back here at this point.

It would be pretty easy to be homesick in Saudi Arabia tbf, especially considering his family stayed in Scotland

CockneyRebel
29-06-2022, 05:14 PM
It would be pretty easy to be homesick in Saudi Arabia tbf, especially considering his family stayed in Scotland

I worked in Kuwait for 6months many years ago and was bored stiff the whole time. Got good money but nothing to spend it on. Had to fly to Bahrain
for a weekend to blow the tubes (bevvy, discos etc available there). Entertainment in Kuwait? Smokey and the Bandit on at the drive-in cinema....yippee!

HoboHarry
29-06-2022, 05:45 PM
Don't disagree with that at all but the basis for all of this chat is due to his club getting relegated, homesickness hasn't been reported (at least that I've seen).

Since90+2
29-06-2022, 08:04 PM
I worked in Kuwait for 6months many years ago and was bored stiff the whole time. Got good money but nothing to spend it on. Had to fly to Bahrain
for a weekend to blow the tubes (bevvy, discos etc available there). Entertainment in Kuwait? Smokey and the Bandit on at the drive-in cinema....yippee!

I'm guessing your weren't being paid 1.5 million a year tho.

loanheadhibby
29-06-2022, 08:06 PM
Would love to see him back maybe in a coaching role one day.

Why would you love to see him back in a coaching role?

Stuart93
30-06-2022, 04:54 AM
Why would you love to see him back in a coaching role?

It’s Twitter patter.

Wasn’t funny to start with and still isn’t.

Since452
30-06-2022, 08:25 AM
I hope he can stick it out. When he left it was for life changing money. Appreciate circumstances change but in the long run, make as much cash as you can.

Yup. Get yourself and your family sorted for life then come back.

CockneyRebel
30-06-2022, 10:03 AM

I'm not relating to his earnings, just that no matter how much you earn there is nowt to spend it on. You can be just as cheesed off night after night with 1m in the bank as I was with my salary. Saudi is similar to Kuwait in that you can't find alcohol unless you befriend a Saudi/Kuwaiti national who are above the law and get invited to their home. I even attended a dry Asian wedding wedding in the faint hope of a swally but no joy. Even if you only drink moderately you won't enjoy events/occasions on a regular basis.
I realise that sitting in at night looking at your online bank account is enough incentive to go to these places but the time goes by soooo slowly.

Just_Jimmy
30-06-2022, 11:44 AM
I'm not relating to his earnings, just that no matter how much you earn there is nowt to spend it on. You can be just as cheesed off night after night with 1m in the bank as I was with my salary. Saudi is similar to Kuwait in that you can't find alcohol unless you befriend a Saudi/Kuwaiti national who are above the law and get invited to their home. I even attended a dry Asian wedding wedding in the faint hope of a swally but no joy. Even if you only drink moderately you won't enjoy events/occasions on a regular basis.
I realise that sitting in at night looking at your online bank account is enough incentive to go to these places but the time goes by soooo slowly.Not everyone relies on alcohol to enjoy their life.

I still wouldn't go to Saudi to live however.

Stairway 2 7
30-06-2022, 01:44 PM
Not everyone relies on alcohol to enjoy their life.

I think Martin likes to fill his boots on occasion, or jump in the pool with them

donno
30-06-2022, 08:41 PM
I realise that sitting in at night looking at your online bank account is enough incentive to go to these places but the time goes by soooo slowly.Worked there for 6 months. Guy I worked with got me in with USA embassy employees.
Get pissed in the embassy bar, then taxi back to the compound. Saudi police didn't care as long as you weren't pissed on the street.
Mind you, one guy did get deported when they found brewing yeast in his luggage at the airport[emoji1787]

Sent from my JNY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
30-06-2022, 09:42 PM
Worked there for 6 months. Guy I worked with got me in with USA embassy employees.
Get pissed in the embassy bar, then taxi back to the compound. Saudi police didn't care as long as you weren't pissed on the street.
Mind you, one guy did get deported when they found brewing yeast in his luggage at the airport[emoji1787]

I’m only going to ask one question to precent derailing the thread even further but are you not allowed to bevy in the house?

Sir David Gray
30-06-2022, 10:48 PM
I’m only going to ask one question to precent derailing the thread even further but are you not allowed to bevy in the house?

No.

Westerners who work over there often brew their own homemade alcohol in their compounds but it's not officially allowed to consume alcohol anywhere in Saudi Arabia.

ozwoody
30-06-2022, 10:59 PM

Martin is an Aussie citizen, in fact it was a poster in here that signed his paperwork when he applied for citizenship.
I can certainly see him finishing career in the A-league, but I think that will be 4-5 years down the line

Just_Jimmy
01-07-2022, 07:25 AM
I think Martin likes to fill his boots on occasion, or jump in the pool with themWith the money he's on, I don't think he'll have bother getting a drink if he wants one.

Mick O'Rourke
01-07-2022, 07:55 AM
Homebrew Bedouin Buckfast is all the secretive rage for ex pats, am told.
If not careful it can cause severe headaches from the neck up.

Forza Fred
01-07-2022, 08:19 PM
Martin is an Aussie citizen, in fact it was a poster in here that signed his paperwork when he applied for citizenship.
I can certainly see him finishing career in the A-league, but I think that will be 4-5 years down the line

We have never forgiven that poster for signing his application for an Oz passport.

If he hadn’t, he would not have played for Oz, not have been noticed in Saudis Arabia, and probably not have left Hibs.

He has much to answer for. 😂

CockneyRebel
02-07-2022, 08:08 AM

Only if I worked weekends :greengrin

CockneyRebel
02-07-2022, 08:29 AM
Not everyone relies on alcohol to enjoy their life.

I did mention the boredom is the same for all visitors. The boredom is not solely created by the lack of alcohol but by the absence of any social activity. If you can't read my post without making a sanctimonious comment then you have completely missed the point. I like a beer with my pals, you obviously don't. Leave it there eh?

jacomo
02-07-2022, 10:31 AM
I did mention the boredom is the same for all visitors. The boredom is not solely created by the lack of alcohol but by the absence of any social activity. If you can't read my post without making a sanctimonious comment then you have completely missed the point. I like a beer with my pals, you obviously don't. Leave it there eh?

From a lifestyle point of view only, could be the ideal set up for a professional athlete - lots of money, no temptations.

He can lease a Lamborghini for fun and enjoy the early nights and sobriety.

Renfrew_Hibby
02-07-2022, 11:28 AM
From a lifestyle point of view only, could be the ideal set up for a professional athlete - lots of money, no temptations.

He can lease a Lamborghini for fun and enjoy the early nights and sobriety.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1k0SvAEvM-I

Lots of travel blogs out there showcasing life in Saudi, things to see and do and how western perceptions are fairly wide of the truth.
Don't know where Martins club is based but being such a wealthy economy has made the main population centres really cool, modern and exciting places to experience.
Yes there's no booze but the vibrant youth culture and high end modern cityscapes can rival anywhere in the world.

jacomo
02-07-2022, 01:24 PM

Lots of travel blogs out there showcasing life in Saudi, things to see and do and how western perceptions are fairly wide of the truth.
Don't know where Martins club is based but being such a wealthy economy has made the main population centres really cool, modern and exciting places to experience.
Yes there's no booze but the vibrant youth culture and high end modern cityscapes can rival anywhere in the world.

Nah not for me.

Saudi is a repressive theocracy, I’m not buying into that s***.

Most of these blogs will be sponsored, it’s easy to find influencers and content producers to peddle any message you want if you pay them.

Itsnoteasy
02-07-2022, 02:32 PM

Wonder if he's had a visit to Chop Chop Square.

NC1875
02-07-2022, 04:51 PM
See his club are now appealing there relegation.

Saying the other team who stayed up deliberately delayed the start of the 2nd half of there game to gain an advantage by knowing the scores in the other games

FilipinoHibs
02-07-2022, 05:18 PM
Blood money

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia

Renfrew_Hibby
02-07-2022, 05:30 PM
Nah not for me.

Saudi is a repressive theocracy, I’m not buying into that s***.

Most of these blogs will be sponsored, it’s easy to find influencers and content producers to peddle any message you want if you pay them.

Hey I'm with you there but for a young man playing football and earning a ton of cash, a year or two there would not at all be a hardship.

CapitalGreen
02-07-2022, 05:36 PM
Hey I'm with you there but for a young man playing football and earning a ton of cash, a year or two there would not at all be a hardship.

Irrespective of the pros and cons of working in Saudi Arabia, I’d find being separated from my child for months at a time over a 1-2 year period a massive hardship.

bigwheel
02-07-2022, 06:07 PM
Irrespective of the pros and cons of working in Saudi Arabia, I’d find being separated from my child for months at a time over a 1-2 year period a massive hardship.

It will be really hard for him ..but he’s doing it for his family ..hopefully it all Works out for them

cameronw-hfc
02-07-2022, 07:57 PM

He's not really separated for longer than a few days during the week/between games. He gets to fly back pretty regularly im sure he said in an interview. Might be wrong there but sure I seen somewhere that he'll get to go back plenty.

Doubt it'll be an issue with the money he's on as well, it's n a 6h flight to London so not like he'd be travelling for days at a time either.

Mcbizz1998
02-07-2022, 08:50 PM
He's not really separated for longer than a few days during the week/between games. He gets to fly back pretty regularly im sure he said in an interview. Might be wrong there but sure I seen somewhere that he'll get to go back plenty.

Doubt it'll be an issue with the money he's on as well, it's n a 6h flight to London so not like he'd be travelling for days at a time either.

How frequently? Doubt it’s weekly, I wouldn’t want to be away from my family for several weeks at a time.

And if it’s weekly, that’s an unbelievable grind. I used to commute from Edinburgh to London every week and it took its toll. Let alone Saudi Arabia.

I envy professional footballers but I must say, other than the money, I’m glad I’m not Martin Boyle.

jacomo
02-07-2022, 09:00 PM

Indeed, as I said above it makes sense.

No way am I going there for my holidays though.

Stairway 2 7
02-07-2022, 09:07 PM
How frequently? Doubt it’s weekly, I wouldn’t want to be away from my family for several weeks at a time.

And if it’s weekly, that’s an unbelievable grind. I used to commute from Edinburgh to London every week and it took its toll. Let alone Saudi Arabia.

I envy professional footballers but I must say, other than the money, I’m glad I’m not Martin Boyle.

Loads of people work away from their families eg the rigs or army.

Difference is with his money he'll be able to fly back regularly and Rachel puts on social media her going over regularly.

The biggest difference is, him working there for a couple of years means him and his family won't have to work after football. He'll spend as much time as he wants after that. All of us would do it if we had the chance, good luck to him.

HappyAsHellas
02-07-2022, 09:19 PM
Buy 24 cans of non alcoholic beer.
Put 20 cans into large demi john/container.
Put remaining cans plus 2 kilos of sugar in a pot and heat till sugar dissolves.
Pour into container with the 20 cans and add 2 teaspoons of yeast (bakers yeast sold everywhere)
2 weeks later siphon out your beer, leaving the dregs.
Everybody in Saudi can have a beer, it's alarmingly simple.
You get well paid to counteract the boredom of the place, thousands of folk manage it and I imagine Martin will manage just fine, with or without the beer.

Mcbizz1998
02-07-2022, 09:21 PM

Difference is with his money he'll be able to fly back regularly and Rachel puts on social media her going over regularly.

The biggest difference is, him working there for a couple of years means him and his family won't have to work after football. He'll spend as much time as he wants after that. All of us would do it if we had the chance, good luck to him.

How much is he being paid? 2 mill? Hopefully invests that wisely.

Stairway 2 7
02-07-2022, 09:26 PM

Yeah 2 mil tax free and will be 30 when the contract finishes, so time for at least 1 decent contract

Real Emerald
02-07-2022, 09:32 PM
See his club are now appealing there relegation.

Saying the other team who stayed up deliberately delayed the start of the 2nd half of there game to gain an advantage by knowing the scores in the other games

Appealing relegation? Do they play in maroon? 😂

Northernhibee
02-07-2022, 10:10 PM

I think they actually do :greengrin

"Demoted"

Sir David Gray
02-07-2022, 10:43 PM

Yes they do.

Paul1642
03-07-2022, 02:56 AM
Put remaining cans plus 2 kilos of sugar in a pot and heat till sugar dissolves.
Pour into container with the 20 cans and add 2 teaspoons of yeast (bakers yeast sold everywhere)
You get well paid to counteract the boredom of the place, thousands of folk manage it and I imagine Martin will manage just fine, with or without the beer.

What would the consequences be for getting caught?

Bridge hibs
03-07-2022, 07:10 AM
What would the consequences be for getting caught?They will force you to drink Tennents lager, **** that, I would be on the first plane home

Allant1981
03-07-2022, 08:03 AM
They will force you to drink Tennents lager, **** that, I would be on the first plane home

Tennents is a cracking drink for a beer garden

Hibs07p
03-07-2022, 08:13 AM

He’ll come back a master brewer and start a micro brewery.

:cb

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

SlickShoes
03-07-2022, 08:40 AM

Probably lose your job and get deported, could also be jailed/get lashes.

Iain G
03-07-2022, 08:44 AM
Tennents is a cracking drink for a beer garden

Aye if you pour it on the poor plants 🤣

Bridge hibs
03-07-2022, 08:53 AM
Tennents is a cracking drink for a beer gardenAt least the beer garden enjoys it then, I think its bowf 🤣

Allant1981
03-07-2022, 10:03 AM
At least the beer garden enjoys it then, I think its bowf 🤣

Each to their own, love sitting with a freezing cold tennents on a nice sunny day

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2022, 11:44 AM
Probably lose your job and get deported, could also be jailed/get lashes.

So not all bad then?

Jim44
03-07-2022, 12:11 PM
At least the beer garden enjoys it then, I think its bowf 🤣

Each to their own, love sitting with a freezing cold tennents on a nice sunny day

I’m not a lager drinker, but I remember it was really popular and a ‘go to’ for a lot of folk. It’s maybe a ‘fashion’ thing now to not like it, even although it’s still a good lager. A bit like the trend to like Chardonnay wine till it went out of fashion. It’s still a good wine and underrated because of trends. I prefer Sauvignon Blanc, but really enjoy a Chardonnay on the odd occasion.

HoboHarry
03-07-2022, 12:23 PM
I’m not a lager drinker, but I remember it was really popular and a ‘go to’ for a lot of folk. It’s maybe a ‘fashion’ thing now to not like it, even although it’s still a good lager. A bit like the trend to like Chardonnay wine till it went out of fashion. It’s still a good wine and underrated because of trends. I prefer Sauvignon Blanc, but really enjoy a Chardonnay on the odd occasion.
Chardonnay drinker here and have been for years but I must say that Sauvignon Blanc is growing on me. I did have a beer at a BBQ last week and immediately remembered why I don't like the stuff lol....

HappyAsHellas
03-07-2022, 02:19 PM

For westerners it's normally deportation, if Asian there will probably be lashing first.

donno
03-07-2022, 08:03 PM
You get well paid to counteract the boredom of the place, thousands of folk manage it and I imagine Martin will manage just fine, with or without the beer.Bakers yeast dies at 3% alcohol. That's why the guy I knew got deported for trying to bring in brewers yeast. Unless you like drinking kestrel lager
Also you can't buy no alcoholic lager there, as all non alcoholic lager has a slight amount of alcohol in it. [emoji23]

Stairway 2 7
03-07-2022, 08:35 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-34516143.amp

Old Article on ex pats drinking culture is Saudi

Nakedmanoncrack
04-07-2022, 05:43 PM

We wouldn't, and much better players than MB were able to avoid the temptation.

Jim44
04-07-2022, 05:50 PM

Is it not the case that returning to the UK beyond a set number of days, will trigger UK tax implications?

FilipinoHibs
04-07-2022, 06:13 PM
Is it not the case that returning to the UK beyond a set number of days, will trigger UK tax implications?

Yes that is the case. He can spend so many days a year. 90 days maximum or 30 work days maximum.

Stairway 2 7
04-07-2022, 06:27 PM
We wouldn't, and much better players than MB were able to avoid the temptation.

Easy to say you'd turn down going from a few grand to 20 grand when it isn't a real option. The better players probably had big money offers in other nations. No shortage of sportsmen have performed in the middle east

Mcbizz1998
06-07-2022, 04:44 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/spfl-players-warned-against-transfers-to-7-countries-by-fifpro-including-one-with-ex-hearts-and-hibs-stars-3757952

Not point in getting a big contract if they aren’t going to pay you, Martin! Come on home!

Bostonhibby
06-07-2022, 04:48 PM
I think they actually do :greengrin

"Demoted"Expungulated mate, I'm sure that's what Mrs doctor Budge's estate agent adviser told her had happened as a result of finishing in the relegation slot when the season ended.

Stubbsy90+2
06-07-2022, 05:47 PM
They will force you to drink Tennents lager, **** that, I would be on the first plane home

Sounds like I want to go to Saudi Arabia and get caught then. :agree:

Mon the T.

jacomo
06-07-2022, 06:06 PM
Expungulated mate, I'm sure that's what Mrs doctor Budge's estate agent adviser told her had happened as a result of finishing in the relegation slot when the season ended.

Hearts league reconstruction campaign has gone *strangely* quiet.

I thought it was for the good of the game?

Stubbsy90+2
06-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Hearts league reconstruction campaign has gone *strangely* quiet.

I thought it was for the good of the game?

They should really have folk questioning Budgie on that in the media

Made an absolute farce of our league for a couple of months, made it look highly unprofessional and tried to force through a chance that would have been to the detriment of our league for years to come purely so they could avoid relegation because they couldn’t take it.

Glasgowhibby95
24-07-2022, 04:26 PM
An Aberdeen supporting friend of mine texted me to say he was sat next to Boyle at their game today. Asked him why he wasn't over in Saudi and MB replied saying things were complicated... Make of that what you will.

Also mentioned that Boyler was at the game with Charles Dunne, the st mirren centre half, which slightly surprised me. Couldn't think what the connection between those might be?

Billy Whizz
24-07-2022, 04:32 PM
An Aberdeen supporting friend of mine texted me to say he was sat next to Boyle at their game today. Asked him why he wasn't over in Saudi and MB replied saying things were complicated... Make of that what you will.

Also mentioned that Boyler was at the game with Charles Dunne, the st mirren centre half, which slightly surprised me. Couldn't think what the connection between those might be?

You’d have thought he’s maybe up seeing family, as I think the season has finished in Saudi?
Aberdeen had an interest in Dunne, but he played for Saints yesterday

SlickShoes
24-07-2022, 04:35 PM

Their season finished weeks ago, he’s been on holiday with his family. Seems weird he’d not say that and instead leave it all cryptic perfect for fan speculation….

Hibby Mike
24-07-2022, 04:36 PM
You’d have thought he’s maybe up seeing family, as I think the season has finished in Saudi?

Boyle was at our game against Morton too. Seems to be over here and taking in a few matches at the same time? Intriguing 🤔

Sir David Gray
24-07-2022, 04:37 PM

Their season starts again in about a month.

Billy Whizz
24-07-2022, 04:41 PM
Their season starts again in about a month.

He’ll be heading over again soon then, unless he’s not been paid in full

JamesHFC
24-07-2022, 06:30 PM
https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/1551273237438398468?s=21&t=9VZkEZ2tp6g8mFajLgpZtQ

beensaidbefore
24-07-2022, 07:07 PM
Their season finished weeks ago, he’s been on holiday with his family. Seems weird he’d not say that and instead leave it all cryptic perfect for fan speculation….

Perhaps just a polite way of saying none of your business