PDA

View Full Version : Porteous Centre mid / Matty Jack role?

Springbank
14-04-2022, 07:34 AM
We could do a lot worse on Saturday than slot Porto into midfield destroyer mode.

Macey

Cadden rocky mcgregor hanlon doig
Clarke porteous newell Stevenson
Jasper

It'd be brutal but that's better than watching jdh & Campbell being bypassed & embarrassed, again.

flash
14-04-2022, 07:35 AM
Not so much.

Allant1981
14-04-2022, 07:36 AM
It wouldnt be better at all

Gmack7
14-04-2022, 07:49 AM
The fact you keep Rocky in should put this option to bed

Brooster
14-04-2022, 07:52 AM
Would you seriously have Rocky in your team?

Jones28
14-04-2022, 07:52 AM
**** sake, and we have a go at Maloney for putting square pegs in round homes.

B.H.F.C
14-04-2022, 07:54 AM
Playing our best centre half, at centre half, would be a better idea.

Onceinawhile
14-04-2022, 08:11 AM
Tbf, there's a team for hampden thread that suggests playing Porto up front. So despite this being a terrible idea, it isn't the worst take I've seen.

MagicSwirlingShip
14-04-2022, 08:11 AM

The defence rests

Brightside
14-04-2022, 08:20 AM
Can we stop just chucking players into roles they wouldn't normally do. Its not exactly working for Shaun.

OldEast
14-04-2022, 08:23 AM
Daz is finished, Rocky isn't good enough.

TelaStella
14-04-2022, 08:36 AM
Tbf, there's a team for hampden thread that suggests playing Porto up front. So despite this being a terrible idea, it isn't the worst take I've seen.

You not heard the one about Gray and Caldwell coming out retirement to slot in the back 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LewysGot2
14-04-2022, 09:51 AM
Erm, naw.

What makes anyone think this could even be a thing?

J-C
14-04-2022, 10:08 AM
Here's an idea, let's play him where he's best, at CH.

Baader
14-04-2022, 10:12 AM
The fact you keep Rocky in should put this option to bed

Yes. Shouldn't be in the 11

Callum_62
14-04-2022, 10:45 AM
Can't wait to see Ryan at centre mid threading the passes through to Harry Clarke the centre forward

Playing Doig LCH is a step too far for me though

Maloney out

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
14-04-2022, 10:49 AM
We matched them two derbies ago at Easter Road. We need to calm down and put Saturday (and most of the last few months) behind us, select our best team and give it a go on Saturday.

It’s a one-off semi final derby. We’re playing a no bad hearts side. That’s it.

But I don’t think it’s the time for a radge experiment (one I don’t like in any case) like the above.

Since452
14-04-2022, 10:51 AM

This

Since452
14-04-2022, 10:54 AM
We matched them two derbies ago at Easter Road. We need to calm down and put Saturday (and most of the last few months) behind us, select our best team and give it a go on Saturday.

It’s a one-off semi final derby. We’re playing a no bad hearts side. That’s it.

But I don’t think it’s the time for a radge experiment (one I don’t like in any case) like the above.

Did we really though? We more than matched them at Tynecastle early in the season but we were very lucky in the draw at ER. We barely laid a glove on them and they were denied two stone wall pens.

Key West
14-04-2022, 10:54 AM
Macey

Clarke Porteous Hanlon

Stevenson

Cadden Newell Doig

Henderson

Mueller Melkerson

This could be a more flexible option in terms of defending, having a bit of width and causing them problems on the break.

WeeRussell
14-04-2022, 11:15 AM
Did we really though? We more than matched them at Tynecastle early in the season but we were very lucky in the draw at ER. We barely laid a glove on them and they were denied two stone wall pens.

I thought so, yes. More than competed and I remember us all being very happy with the performance. You’re right though, hearts could have had a couple of pens and our keeper was MOTM. Barely laid a glove is harsh I think though, we had two or three really good chances and no luck in front of goal.

I more mean that a performance that puts us in with a good chance of winning the tie isn’t beyond us with this squad of players (we’re obviously missing Nisbet from that game).

Skol
14-04-2022, 11:32 AM
We could do a lot worse on Saturday than slot Porto into midfield destroyer mode.

Macey

Jasper

It'd be brutal but that's better than watching jdh & Campbell being bypassed & embarrassed, again.

That is an absolutely crazy idea and will not happen. If we did go down that route, hanlon would be the better option to try in midfield ,but I seem to recall that was tried once unsuccesfully but I cannot recall details

However, much as theer are issues in midfield right now, I still prefer those options over any of our centre halfs

Key West
14-04-2022, 11:53 AM
Stevenson is more accustomed to a midfield role, Porteous is most effective when playing centre back and was excellent in his last game v Hearts.

Hermit Crab
14-04-2022, 11:55 AM
Porto hasn't got the pace to play in midfield, also he'd be a cert for a red card.

BoomtownHibees
14-04-2022, 12:05 PM
Porto hasn't got the pace to play in midfield, also he'd be a cert for a red card.

Have you seen the “pace” of the current midfield?

Lago
14-04-2022, 12:09 PM

Macey

Jasper

Ha, ha good one, not.

CraigHibee
14-04-2022, 12:29 PM
Would you seriously have Rocky in your team?

i'd have rocky at right back, right back and left in the changing room

KeithTheHibby
14-04-2022, 12:42 PM

Macey

Jasper

That team gives me the fear.

GreenCastle
14-04-2022, 12:51 PM
I thought so, yes. More than competed and I remember us all being very happy with the performance. You’re right though, hearts could have had a couple of pens and our keeper was MOTM. Barely laid a glove is harsh I think though, we had two or three really good chances and no luck in front of goal.

I more mean that a performance that puts us in with a good chance of winning the tie isn’t beyond us with this squad of players (we’re obviously missing Nisbet from that game).

Hibs keepers were both players of the match 1st two derbies of the season. There was a reason why. Last week showed it was men v boys and Hibs have to compete more tomorrow but also have a bit of quality to open Hearts up. Wouldn’t be making any radical changes but he has to tweak the shape and not use similar young players as that won’t win the game.

H18 SFR
14-04-2022, 12:58 PM
I keep getting the fear that Campbell will start on Saturday. Not sure what that has to do with this thread right enough but I’m not starting a new Campbell in the Campbell role thread.

Allant1981
14-04-2022, 01:29 PM

Not a chance we were very lucky in the ER game, more than matched them

Speedy
14-04-2022, 01:32 PM
You not heard the one about Gray and Caldwell coming out retirement to slot in the back 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, Maloney is exactly the player we need right now :greengrin

Nicho87
14-04-2022, 01:33 PM
I think he’d get red carded quicker than usual

oneone73
14-04-2022, 01:34 PM
Not a chance we were very lucky in the ER game, more than matched them

Agreed. And Craig Gordon was joint man of the match in the first derby.

Greenbeard
14-04-2022, 02:04 PM
I mooted that on the other thread in response to loads of folk saying Melkerson needs a foil up front, simply to demonstrate how crap the options are in that regard ie Scott (totally useless) or Doidge who has hardly played and has been totally anonymous when he has. It wasn't a serious suggestion even if plenty folk read it as such. But it would a considerably better option than him playing in midfield!