PDA

View Full Version : Open training session anyone?

andrew70
13-04-2022, 01:36 PM
Monday 2nd May - 1030.

Just seen email. I’ve got to say fair play to Maloney for continually fronting up. He deserves respect.

Will be interested to go along.

Onceinawhile
13-04-2022, 01:40 PM
I was keen until I realised I'm in Blackpool.

overdrive
13-04-2022, 01:44 PM
Monday 2nd May - 1030.

Just seen email. I’ve got to say fair play to Maloney for continually fronting up. He deserves respect.

Yep, for all I’ve slated him, you can’t say he hides from these sort of things. Not sure how wise it is mind you.

Sir David Gray
13-04-2022, 01:49 PM
Fair play to Maloney and the club for continuing with the engagement side of things, hopefully we can pick things up on the park over the next couple of games or unfortunately I can see things getting a bit messy at this.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-04-2022, 01:56 PM
"Tickets are avaialable"

Still not found the Spellchecker then.

AgentDaleCooper
13-04-2022, 02:08 PM
I would pay a lot of money to watch Maloney go ape-s*** at one of the taller players.

Mr. Wonderful
13-04-2022, 02:18 PM
It's hard enough to drag myself on a Saturday now, never mind to training too 😂

GoalsMcGinley
13-04-2022, 02:22 PM
How many tickets do ST holders get? I’d like to take my daughter along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
13-04-2022, 02:27 PM
I just got mine👍

Hibernian Verse
13-04-2022, 02:29 PM
Yep, for all I’ve slated him, you can’t say he hides from these sort of things. Not sure how wise it is mind you.

It won't be those with uncontrollable rage that attend this event so he will be fine.

Diclonius
13-04-2022, 02:29 PM
"Tickets are avaialable"

Still not found the Spellchecker then.

That's it, I'm not going.

Fuzzywuzzy
13-04-2022, 02:38 PM
It won't be those with uncontrollable rage that attend this event so he will be fine.

Why vent in person when you can do it behind a keyboard

JimBHibees
13-04-2022, 02:39 PM
Sounds a good idea think we should do this every season.

Silky
13-04-2022, 03:08 PM

Thats a shame. They could always take over and show Shaun how it's done.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2022, 03:18 PM
Great idea and respect to him for doing it in the current climate.

I've still got those old puma Dalglish boots with metal screw in studs somewhere so cant wait to get started.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
13-04-2022, 03:46 PM
Sounds a good idea think we should do this every season.

Remember going to one a fair bit back, may have been under Duffy or Mowbray’s time

Hibby70
13-04-2022, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure I'm fit enough but good to see that season ticket holders are not being overlooked for a chance to play for a contract.

Brummie_Hibs
13-04-2022, 03:54 PM
Great idea - it gives the fans a chance to look behind the curtain and see how all Hibs' wizardly is formulated.

Oh wait....

The Modfather
13-04-2022, 04:03 PM
Embarrassing if this doesn’t sell out…

Scorrie
13-04-2022, 04:23 PM
Can we take our boots?

madsen5
13-04-2022, 05:37 PM
I just got mine👍

I got mine as well but system won't let me get one
For my grandson.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2022, 06:31 PM
For my grandson.

If your grandson is not a ST holder then you won't be able to get him a ticket.

madsen5
13-04-2022, 07:38 PM
If your grandson is not a ST holder then you won't be able to get him a ticket.

He is otherwise I wouldn't have tried to get one
for him. The system doesn't recognise him.
Our seasons are in ff lower but seems to be one
in my name. Will have to go into ticket office
and get it sorted.

1875Sean
13-04-2022, 07:44 PM
Another PR stunt won’t save him much longer

Alfred E Newman
13-04-2022, 07:45 PM
Can we take our boots?

Yes, but there is a good chance that you’ll pick up a knock that puts you out of commission for 6 weeks. :greengrin

Scorrie
13-04-2022, 07:59 PM
Yes, but there is a good chance that you’ll pick up a knock that puts you out of commission for 6 weeks. :greengrin

😂👏👏

Fuzzywuzzy
13-04-2022, 08:30 PM
For my grandson.

I had to assign the kid to his client ref number

13-04-2022, 08:36 PM

No, it's the club doing something they'd promised Season Ticket Holders.

Rondon
13-04-2022, 08:42 PM
Monday 2nd May - 1030.

I mind going to the one Stubbs done, was actually no bad to watch

Scotty Leither
13-04-2022, 09:36 PM

The club must surely know the fans are p1ssed off at the moment, and while I get the need to engage with your support, it's as if they're existing in a parallel universe just now, where the awful run of results, the lack of goals, the style of play, etc is almost secondary to this PR guff, because that's what it is.

I went along to the one with Shaun Maloney last week - it was absolutely toe curling in its content and delivery.

An "interview" with the manager about his football philosophy that left me thinking that should have been done at the start of his tenure, and the second half of the presentation was taken up with questions about what kind of soup he liked and had he seen the latest Batman film.

There was no questions from the floor allowed (presumably because they knew some of them might have fell into the "uncomfortable" category), and I left there thinking that's 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back.

One thing that did strike me though was the amount of hangers-on that were kicking about from the various departments of the club, as evidenced by our club directory on the website, which lists the club as having FOUR people designated to "player care".

i'm maybe a bit unreconstructed in respect of social media, comms and the like (not just with regards to the club, I get fed up when I'm trying to sort something out with my gas bill or my bank account, and the focus seems to be on getting me to complete a customer survey instead of sorting out what I've phoned up about), but either me or the club are missing something, are we not first and foremost concerned with results and not diverting our energies onto fluff like this???

flash
13-04-2022, 09:39 PM

Aye the club should never do anything for the supporters when we are struggling on the park.

Scotty Leither
13-04-2022, 09:43 PM
Aye the club should never do anything for the supporters when we are struggling on the park.

Nor should they bury their collective heads in the sand, either.

See our Head of Recruitment, has anyone ever seen him, has he made any pronouncements about the club as to what his role is, what exactly is the club's recruitment policy, and lastly a question I'd like to ask him is: "What precisely does he know about Scottish football, the SPL, and signing the right kind of players for this league?"

LaMotta
13-04-2022, 09:56 PM
Nor should they bury their collective heads in the sand, either.

See our Head of Recruitment, has anyone ever seen him, has he made any pronouncements about the club as to what his role is, what exactly is the club's recruitment policy, and lastly a question I'd like to ask him is: "What precisely does he know about Scottish football, the SPL, and signing the right kind of players for this league?"

I seen him in Teuchters at the West End sometime in the Autumn wearing a full Hibs Tracksuit. He was with a guy , 2 girls and a dog.

Scotty Leither
13-04-2022, 09:58 PM
I seen him in Teuchters at the West End sometime in the Autumn wearing a full Hibs Tracksuit. He was with a guy , 2 girls and a dog.

Did he sign any of them?

LaMotta
13-04-2022, 10:00 PM
Did he sign any of them?

If had enquired with me and my mate he could have signed a retired amateur CM and a retired Semi Pro winger in exchange for a couple of pints of Tennents. :greengrin

Scotty Leither
13-04-2022, 10:02 PM
If had enquired with me and my mate he could have signed a retired amateur CM and a retired Semi Pro winger in exchange for a couple of pints of Tennents. :greengrin

You were doing well until you mentioned Tennents :sick:

LaMotta
13-04-2022, 10:04 PM
You were doing well until you mentioned Tennents :sick:

Don't think they even sell Tennents, probably Innis and Gunn in the West End to be fair.....

Viva_Palmeiras
14-04-2022, 12:37 AM
The club must surely know the fans are p1ssed off at the moment, and while I get the need to engage with your support, it's as if they're existing in a parallel universe just now, where the awful run of results, the lack of goals, the style of play, etc is almost secondary to this PR guff, because that's what it is.

I went along to the one with Shaun Maloney last week - it was absolutely toe curling in its content and delivery.

An "interview" with the manager about his football philosophy that left me thinking that should have been done at the start of his tenure, and the second half of the presentation was taken up with questions about what kind of soup he liked and had he seen the latest Batman film.

There was no questions from the floor allowed (presumably because they knew some of them might have fell into the "uncomfortable" category), and I left there thinking that's 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back.

One thing that did strike me though was the amount of hangers-on that were kicking about from the various departments of the club, as evidenced by our club directory on the website, which lists the club as having FOUR people designated to "player care".

i'm maybe a bit unreconstructed in respect of social media, comms and the like (not just with regards to the club, I get fed up when I'm trying to sort something out with my gas bill or my bank account, and the focus seems to be on getting me to complete a customer survey instead of sorting out what I've phoned up about), but either me or the club are missing something, are we not first and foremost concerned with results and not diverting our energies onto fluff like this???

so the point raised explaining it was already part of something promised to ST holders doesn’t change your view?

Fair play on running through the directory.

Do you know what player care entails before criticising?

You may have come across the “See me” campaign on mental health. Further to that Pandemic suicide rates have not been released but there’s talk of an increase. Football players are not Immune. So I wouldn’t be surprised if something like “player care” incorporates an element of this and perhaps helping players across the age levels settle into the club.

When Hibs.net visited HTC we heard from I think it was an Education officer and care of the kids goes beyond just the training side of things but to develop kids in a more rounded senselookafter them it doesn’t always work out they find alternatives and check After leaving the club too iirc. I would not have known the extent to which we cater for that without attending.
far too easy to criticise - nothings perfect but if you’re able to attend sessions like this you might gain more insights rather than dismissing them as”fluff” ?

The Harp Awakes
14-04-2022, 12:59 AM
I genuinely think the Club are trying to connect with the fans in this initiative, similarly to the recent Q&A events at Easter Road with the Manager and players.

Many Hibs fans may enjoy these events and good on them, but they don't interest me in the slightest. What is happening on the football pitch is all that matters to me as it has been throughout my 43 years as an ST holder. We have been abysmal this season, and there is no indication the custodians of the club have a clue how to fix it unfortunately.

kaimendhibs
14-04-2022, 01:35 AM
Training for 1hr 45 mins. No wonder we are bottom 6

14-04-2022, 04:37 AM

I don't think you do get the need for the club to engage with the support. This is another event which the club promised to season ticket holders. No doubt if they weren't putting on such events you'd be criticising them for not engaging with the fans. What on earth makes you think the club have decided to stop trying to address the problems on the pitch in order to hold a season ticket holder event? It is possible for the primary focus to be addressing on field problems but still to have such events.

What was your question to Shaun Maloney?

What gas supplier and bank do you use? Any I've ever phoned that have a survey always have them and the end of the call after everything else. I suggest it's you that's missing something. The club, gas suppliers and banks are not focusing more on the matters you say they are. It's your perception that's wrong.

I hope you're not going to the training session and taking a place away from someone that doesn't see it as PR guff.

Brightside
14-04-2022, 06:56 AM

How long do you think an on pitch training session should last?

Fuzzywuzzy
14-04-2022, 06:57 AM

9am until yer mammy calls you for a jammy piece and a bit of orange

Unseen work
14-04-2022, 07:02 AM
Will be interesting to see the players that look the best in training, there’s always one or two that surprise you and are very good and training but unable to transfer it into games.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2022, 07:43 AM
I seen him in Teuchters at the West End sometime in the Autumn wearing a full Hibs Tracksuit. He was with a guy , 2 girls and a dog.Think that was actually Billy Broon, he's been places so every chance he was in Teuchters, and he does like a full tracksuit[emoji6]

andrew70
14-04-2022, 08:00 AM

What a lot of nonsense. Everyone was invited to write down their question for Shaun and hand them in during the break. So a couple of kids got their questions answered.

The club are right to be doing all this, the manager is correct to back himself.

We will see the benefits of all this, as will Maloney.

LaMotta
14-04-2022, 09:00 AM
Think that was actually Billy Broon, he's been places so every chance he was in Teuchters, and he does like a full tracksuit[emoji6]

:greengrin If it was Broon he had developed a convincing Yank accent.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2022, 09:02 AM
:greengrin If it was Broon he had developed a convincing Yank accent.[emoji23][emoji23]
And a strangely brown coloured trackie.

LewysGot2
14-04-2022, 09:50 AM
Think that was actually Billy Broon, he's been places so every chance he was in Teuchters, and he does like a full tracksuit[emoji6]

Bloodied turd coloured ones though 😉

kaimendhibs
14-04-2022, 10:35 AM

Until they get the basics right

JimBHibees
14-04-2022, 10:39 AM

Pretty standard session length I would have thought

on-the-level
14-04-2022, 10:57 AM
Remembered a funny wee story about training grounds.
Back in 2003 l was working at the 'Academy of light' (Sunderland's one in South Shields) l was in a large conference room laying carpet tiles working alongside two painters(Sunderland fans) and two joiners(Newcastle fans). The room had a large panoramic window that looked over the training field. Even though the complex wasent yet open the Sunderland first team were using the pitches for a training sesion (this was the season Howard Wilkinson was taking his team into oblivion, rock bottom of prem with a few games to go) The Newcastle supporting Joiners were mercilessly ripping into the Sunderland painters... all in good humour! Eventually the older painter snapped and said 'if this was my front room l would draw the curtins' 😁

Brightside
14-04-2022, 02:38 PM
Pretty standard session length I would have thought

Yep it is.

One Day Soon
14-04-2022, 02:46 PM
9am until yer mammy calls you for a jammy piece and a bit of orange

This is of course the correct answer.

Pretty Boy
14-04-2022, 02:57 PM

A few years back when Friday Sportscene was a thing they ran a feature that saw 2 tradesmen (I think they were roofers) swap places with 2 St Johnstone players for a week. They trained with the squad and done all the other things the players had to do day in, day out. After 3 days they were absolutely ****ed and could barely get out of bed in the morning. This was 2 guys with a manual job and they were stunned at how hard professional players worked.

Footballers train harder and work harder now even compared to when that was filmed 20-25 years ago. 105 minutes on the training pitch is a fraction of their day. Players have individual gym plans, they will have physio, strengthening exercises, video analysis, regular testing etc etc. One of the reasons put forward for the increases in certain injuries in recent years is that elite footballers train right on the edge every session, if one thing in the chain goes wrong it can lead to a physical breakdown.

There's plenty Hibs are getting wrong just now but I doubt we have just plucked a figure out of thin air when it comes to training. We'll be broadly in line with everyone else in the league and that will be informed by sports science.

Hibernian Verse
14-04-2022, 03:30 PM
A few years back when Friday Sportscene was a thing they ran a feature that saw 2 tradesmen (I think they were roofers) swap places with 2 St Johnstone players for a week. They trained with the squad and done all the other things the players had to do day in, day out. After 3 days they were absolutely ****ed and could barely get out of bed in the morning. This was 2 guys with a manual job and they were stunned at how hard professional players worked.

Footballers train harder and work harder now even compared to when that was filmed 20-25 years ago. 105 minutes on the training pitch is a fraction of their day. Players have individual gym plans, they will have physio, strengthening exercises, video analysis, regular testing etc etc. One of the reasons put forward for the increases in certain injuries in recent years is that elite footballers train right on the edge every session, if one thing in the chain goes wrong it can lead to a physical breakdown.

There's plenty Hibs are getting wrong just now but I doubt we have just plucked a figure out of thin air when it comes to training. We'll be broadly in line with everyone else in the league and that will be informed by sports science.

No wonder we're bottom 6.

Am I doing it right?

Scotty Leither
14-04-2022, 03:32 PM
I don't think you do get the need for the club to engage with the support. This is another event which the club promised to season ticket holders. No doubt if they weren't putting on such events you'd be criticising them for not engaging with the fans. What on earth makes you think the club have decided to stop trying to address the problems on the pitch in order to hold a season ticket holder event? It is possible for the primary focus to be addressing on field problems but still to have such events.

What was your question to Shaun Maloney?

What gas supplier and bank do you use? Any I've ever phoned that have a survey always have them and the end of the call after everything else. I suggest it's you that's missing something. The club, gas suppliers and banks are not focusing more on the matters you say they are. It's your perception that's wrong.

I hope you're not going to the training session and taking a place away from someone that doesn't see it as PR guff.
Taking your points in turn: I don't think the on-field problems are being addressed, and I've got zero confidence in it being addressed by a guy who happens to be the owner's son, and who's 29/30 years old?

What experience does he have in sourcing players that'll cut it in this league?

Still, I notice he's styled as "Head of Recruitment, he appears to have a deputy who's "Head of Performance and Recruitment Analysis", and then he's got somebody under him who's title is the "Recruitment Analyst". 3 of them involved in the less-than-inspiring recruitment we're witnessing.

So the players that the Head of Recruitment bring in, are they analysed by his two deputies, or are they analysed by the manager?

"What was your question to Shaun Maloney?"

Why did the club sell Martin Boyle when we had no adequate replacement lined up? Guess what - the question wasn't asked.

"What gas supplier and bank do you use?"

"Any I've ever phoned that have a survey always have them and the end of the call after everything else. I suggest it's you that's missing something. The club, gas suppliers and banks are not focusing more on the matters you say they are. It's your perception that's wrong."

The latest one I've got is "Eon Next" - the third one I've had in as many months after half of them have went belly-up.

One of the first things their automated message asks you before you go on hold for 30 minutes or more is "do I want to take part in a survey at the end of the call?"

What I'd much prefer is them having adequate staff to answer the phone before daylight gives out, so i'm quite happy with my perception and the parallel I was trying to draw between our recruitment being consistently poor in the midst of events which, I'm sorry if it offends you, but I do class as "fluff", and I don't think i'm alone in that assumption, either.

"I hope you're not going to the training session and taking a place away from someone that doesn't see it as PR guff."[/QUOTE]

The rate we're going there'll be more at that training session than at post-split matches, unless we get drawn into a relegation battle, or course.

JammyDoidger
14-04-2022, 03:40 PM
I'm concerned that the clubs planning on him being here on 2nd May..

Haymaker
15-04-2022, 01:28 AM

:agree:

Most of the time they'll be doing individual prep, rehab, development or in the video suite in units and teams.

HoboHarry
15-04-2022, 03:32 AM
No wonder we're bottom 6.

Am I doing it right?

Naw yer no. In fact Rod Petries going to fire yer sorry erse in the morning......

bigwheel
15-04-2022, 03:35 AM

You say that , yet the players are saying that their current training is much less intensive than under Ross…so it’s definitely different- and not harder …

andrew70
19-04-2022, 02:19 PM
Hopefully this is canned now. Revisit early next season.

LewysGot2
19-04-2022, 02:21 PM
It's a week on Monday. Sir David taking it will be the equivalent of a human shield

Billy Whizz
19-04-2022, 02:21 PM
Hopefully this is canned now. Revisit early next season.

The meet the manager should have been cancelled as well, poor Shaun put up like this, when his ticket was about to be cancelled

The things Hibs get up to now, isn’t Hibs class

GreenCastle
19-04-2022, 02:28 PM
The meet the manager should have been cancelled as well, poor Shaun put up like this, when his ticket was about to be cancelled

If he won the semi then wouldn’t have even been mentioned.

andrew70
19-04-2022, 02:31 PM
It's a week on Monday. Sir David taking it will be the equivalent of a human shield

Not for me. SDG will always be a legend but I’ll be giving it a miss

Was looking forward to Maloney’s.

andrew70
19-04-2022, 02:31 PM

Got to agree, really concerning.