PDA

View Full Version : New head of football operations

Allant1981
12-04-2022, 04:17 PM
Just seen that the livi club secretary is joining as the head of football operations, will be interesting to see how this goes. Apologies if mentioned elsewhere

MikeyS
12-04-2022, 04:23 PM
Just seen that the livi club secretary is joining as the head of football operations, will be interesting to see how this goes. Apologies if mentioned elsewhere

I don't think it'll make any bit of noticeable difference me. Its an admin job with a fancy title. Booking hotels, dealing with suspensions and submitting team sheets basically.

Billy Whizz
12-04-2022, 04:44 PM

Funnily enough I noticed on LinkedIn that Livvi were looking for a football operations manager

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/job-opportunity-football-operations-manager/

Who is the person joining Hibs

BILLYHIBS
12-04-2022, 04:46 PM
Funnily enough I noticed on LinkedIn that Livvi were looking for a football operations manager

Derek White

Sir David Gray
12-04-2022, 04:47 PM

For anyone on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/derek_white00/status/1513911287264260107?t=jy87llbqdyLjjwrt3b0MpA&s=19

Billy Whizz
12-04-2022, 04:48 PM
For anyone on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/derek_white00/status/1513911287264260107?t=jy87llbqdyLjjwrt3b0MpA&s=19

Not joining until the summer?

MikeyS
12-04-2022, 04:50 PM

Someone called Derek White, Billy.

Since90+2
12-04-2022, 04:50 PM
Was that not the title that George Craig previously held? Although he was very much involved in the operational football side but a post above seems to suggest this is an admin role?

CropleyWasGod
12-04-2022, 04:53 PM
It was advertised a couple of months ago.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/hibs-start-head-football-operations-23185122

FifeHibs
12-04-2022, 04:54 PM
It’s a coordination of public relations / logistics / admin role

MikeyS
12-04-2022, 04:54 PM
Was that not the title that George Craig previously held? Although he was very much involved in the operational football side but a post above seems to suggest this is an admin role?

Nah this post was held by Finley Stark who has m9ved down south.

Since90+2
12-04-2022, 04:56 PM
Nah this post was held by Finley Stark who has m9ved down south.

Out of of interest do you know what George Craig's title was?

Heisenberg
12-04-2022, 04:56 PM
Seems popular going by the reaction to his tweet about leaving Livi. Lots of support for him.

MikeyS
12-04-2022, 04:58 PM

Sorry mate, can't mind what his exact title was. Vaguely remember it being similar to this but job specifics are miles apart. This new post was listed with a fancy title and lots of objectives/duties but it was paying peanuts!

I think Ron has 'Americanized' a lot of the job titles!!

Billy Whizz
12-04-2022, 05:05 PM

Head of Football operations. His brief was a lot wider than the new guy coming in
He was involved in recruitment, contracts etc. George was a good appt at Hibs during his visit one with us

Carheenlea
12-04-2022, 05:06 PM
George Craig was Head of Football Operations, I’m certain that was his job title.

Since90+2
12-04-2022, 05:08 PM
Head of Football operations. His brief was a lot wider than the new guy coming in
He was involved in recruitment, contracts etc. George was a good appt at Hibs during his visit one with us

Yeah agreed he seems to have been an important part of the club whilst with us. The club seems to have declined since he left so perhaps his input was overlooked.

That's not a dig at the club btw as I know he retired rather than being moved on.

wookie70
12-04-2022, 05:12 PM
It was advertised a couple of months ago.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/hibs-start-head-football-operations-23185122

Hard to believe we aren't top of the league when you read the blurb. Comms on steroids

Bostonhibby
12-04-2022, 05:18 PM
Hard to believe we aren't top of the league when you read the blurb. Comms on steroidsIf it wasn't for all those pesky footballers we could have a right good go at setting up for a series of The Office.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Chip shop Joe
12-04-2022, 05:18 PM
He is very well thought of at Livi and in Scottish football in general.

I am sure he was a Jack of all trades at Livi including being in charge of their Twitter.

Not sure what his actual role will be but I think he is a great appointment.

dp00
12-04-2022, 05:37 PM
He is very well thought of at Livi and in Scottish football in general.

I am sure he was a Jack of all trades at Livi including being in charge of their Twitter.

Not sure what his actual role will be but I think he is a great appointment.

Yeah heard quite a few good things about him at livi , I’m told he has quite a hand in some of the good stuff and there gutted to lose him

If players are happy off the pitch the. They play better on it , I’m sure he will have a part to play in that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
12-04-2022, 06:47 PM
I don't think it'll make any bit of noticeable difference me. Its an admin job with a fancy title. Booking hotels, dealing with suspensions and submitting team sheets basically.
Actually rather important that all those tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently, very necessary job.

BSEJVT
12-04-2022, 07:13 PM
To be honest I am not that impressed with this news.

I have had him on my twitter for a long time and rightly or wrongly it always felt to me that he was a fan who parlayed a volunteer job into an employed one and developed it.

I have found a lot of his posts to be exactly what you would expect of a fan who had gotten such a gig.

It seems like a revolving door at ER at present with the only constant being the previous incumbent is being replaced by an inferior appointment (probably at substantially less cost) and who more often than not has no connection to or with the club.

I think we are long past the stage where the baby has got thrown out with the bathwater and the direction the club are going in right now terrifies me.

I would be delighted to be proved wrong, so good luck Derek

Nicho87
12-04-2022, 07:20 PM
Meh

MikeyS
12-04-2022, 07:34 PM
Actually rather important that all those tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently, very necessary job.

I never said it wasn't a necessary nor an important job, doesn't change the fact its an admin position and not linked to George Craig's previous despite the fancy new title.

Coco Bryce
12-04-2022, 07:36 PM
As long as he's knows how to operate the fax machine for all our new signings going through smoothly and on time.

04Sauzee
12-04-2022, 07:46 PM

I have had him on my twitter for a long time and rightly or wrongly it always felt to me that he was a fan who parlayed a volunteer job into an employed one and developed it.

I have found a lot of his posts to be exactly what you would expect of a fan who had gotten such a gig.

It seems like a revolving door at ER at present with the only constant being the previous incumbent is being replaced by an inferior appointment (probably at substantially less cost) and who more often than not has no connection to or with the club.

I think we are long past the stage where the baby has got thrown out with the bathwater and the direction the club are going in right now terrifies me.

Just realised I have him blocked on Twitter, no idea why?
Would like to wish him all the best in his new roll

ErinGoBraghHFC
12-04-2022, 07:54 PM
Derek is a good guy and very good at his job, don’t see what the issue is. Some folk just like a good old moan by the looks of both here and Facebook

Vault Boy
12-04-2022, 08:02 PM
Good luck to Derek, one of the good guys.

JimBHibees
12-04-2022, 08:03 PM
Good luck to the guy.

Lago
12-04-2022, 08:05 PM
I never said it wasn't a necessary nor an important job, doesn't change the fact its an admin position and not linked to George Craig's previous despite the fancy new title.
I didn't say it was.

Lago
12-04-2022, 08:07 PM
Derek is a good guy and very good at his job, don’t see what the issue is. Some folk just like a good old moan by the looks of both here and Facebook

Everything that happens at Hibs just now, off the pitch, seems to attract an immediate put down from multiple sources.

Mcbizz1998
12-04-2022, 08:49 PM
He announced this on LinkedIn I noticed. One of these people who has a mask on in his profile photo.

Does he not understand what profile pictures are for? You know, so people can see what you look like!?

ancient hibee
12-04-2022, 09:20 PM

This is a totally different job to Craig's.

xyz23jc
12-04-2022, 09:20 PM
As long as he's knows how to operate the fax machine for all our new signings going through smoothly and on time.

Sadly, somehow think we will never currently be at that level of proficency or efficacy! :greengrin