PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to Saturday

Shezza
12-04-2022, 04:00 PM
I’m travelling to Glasgow on Friday and staying at my son’s. We will have a beer or 6 at night then go to Hampden with optimism. I remember saying in 2016 that I wouldn’t be going to the final after being cuffed by Falkirk. I changed my mind the next day and went on to experience one of the greatest days of my life. If we lose on Saturday, of course I’ll be peed off but I’ll still be a Hibs supporter the next day and so will my son. Negativity belongs to a short time after a game not before it. We are more than capable of winning ggtth.

truehibernian
12-04-2022, 04:02 PM
Always look forward to a derby, new day, great chance to win and get to a final, previous games in the past. Players need to step up.

Bring it on 👍🏆

B.H.F.C
12-04-2022, 04:09 PM
I wouldn’t say I’m looking forward to it, but I’m starting to feel more up for it. I saw Neilson doing his press conference on Sky earlier and he really winds me up. They really wind me up.

We absolutely folded at the weekend but that said more about us than them. If we can sort our attitude out this week we can win the game, it requires a good performance and we need to do the basic things you need to do to win any football match. What it doesn’t require is some kind of miracle.

Everyone connected with the club need to adopt a proper siege mentality going in to this. Players, staff, fans.

expresso
12-04-2022, 04:31 PM
Typical of Hibs to bounce back with a great performance.
Here’s hoping 🤞

Coco Bryce
12-04-2022, 07:23 PM
Here’s hoping 🤞

Is it? When did we last bounce back with a great performance?

GreenCastle
12-04-2022, 07:29 PM
Arguably our best performance of the season at Hampden against the Huns.

Team that day..

Macey

Hanlon
Porto
McGinn

Campbell
JDH
Newell
Doig
Cadden

Nisbet
Boyle

Last time we played Hearts at Hampden.:

Marciano

McGinn
Hanlon
Porto
Doig

Magennis
Gogic
Newell
Boyle

Doidge
Nisbet

Mcbizz1998
13-04-2022, 09:32 AM
Is it? When did we last bounce back with a great performance?

Yep, it would be very Hibs.

Saturday 3rd October - 2-1 loss to rangers
Saturday 16 October - 3-0 loss to United
Saturday 23rd October - 1-0 loss to Aberdeen
Wednesday 27th October - 3-1 loss to Celtic

4 defeats on the spin, next up, Huns at Hampden in the league cup semi final. Remember that one?

I would call that bouncing back….

overdrive
13-04-2022, 09:37 AM

4 defeats on the spin, next up, Huns at Hampden in the league cup semi final. Remember that one?

I would say that’s a mix of the law of averages and Rangers having a boys team coach in charge rather than bouncing back after a bad result.

Pretty Boy
13-04-2022, 09:45 AM
To say I'm looking forward to it would be a stretch but I'm up for it.

The day I'm running scared from that shower of ***** is the day I give it up.

Mcbizz1998
13-04-2022, 09:48 AM
I would say that’s a mix of the law of averages and Rangers having a boys team coach in charge rather than bouncing back after a bad result.

And who did Hibs have as manager? Fergie? Klopp?

I was trying to be positive on a thread about looking forward to Saturday. Let’s hope the law of averages gets us a win this weekend as well.

JimBHibees
13-04-2022, 09:53 AM
To say I'm looking forward to it would be a stretch but I'm up for it.

The day I'm running scared from that shower of ***** is the day I give it up.

Absolutely this

SlickShoes
13-04-2022, 09:56 AM
I am always looking forward to going to Hampden because you just never know what will happen, and on the odd occasion you get a day to remember for the rest of your life.

Once again though, I am not worried about the opposition, they are a solid team, known quantity. I am worried about what Hibs turn up, I think the players we have are capable of winning against every team in this league, but whether they all play to their capabilities seems like a toss of a coin.

Shrekko
13-04-2022, 10:20 AM
I will be there and giving the team full backing but can genuinely say that I have never looked forward to a game less than this one- ever.

Nothing to do with being a "*****bag" as I believe anything is possible- just the overwhelming evidence pointing to it not being a good day to put it mildly.

Steve20
13-04-2022, 10:37 AM
Here’s hoping 🤞

That's not typical of us at all.

Diclonius
13-04-2022, 10:38 AM
I’m travelling to Glasgow on Friday and staying at my son’s. We will have a beer or 6 at night then go to Hampden with optimism. I remember saying in 2016 that I wouldn’t be going to the final after being cuffed by Falkirk. I changed my mind the next day and went on to experience one of the greatest days of my life. If we lose on Saturday, of course I’ll be peed off but I’ll still be a Hibs supporter the next day and so will my son. Negativity belongs to a short time after a game not before it. We are more than capable of winning ggtth.

You're a better man than I.

ErinGoBraghHFC
13-04-2022, 10:57 AM
Personally, can’t wait for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRA
13-04-2022, 11:02 AM

Law of averages dictates that we'll finally get a victory over them at a neutral venue... and this coming Saturday is that day :aok:

Carheenlea
13-04-2022, 11:05 AM
One of two things will happen on Saturday, we win or we lose. Not many are predicting a Hibs win, and I’m not exactly brimming with confidence about the game myself, but I can’t take the risk of not actually being there to see it and experience if we do.

Looking forward to it more with each day as the hurt from Tynecastle wears off. Pretty much over it now and gearing up for Hampden. Hopefully not the last Hampden outing of the season.

JimBHibees
13-04-2022, 11:10 AM
One of two things will happen on Saturday, we win or we lose. Not many are predicting a Hibs win, and I’m not exactly brimming with confidence about the game myself, but I can’t take the risk of not actually being there to see it and experience if we do.

Looking forward to it more with each day as the hurt from Tynecastle wears off. Pretty much over it now and gearing up for Hampden. Hopefully not the last Hampden outing of the season.

Exactly where I am can remember going season after season without even a whiff of a Hampden appearance so tend to look forward to all of these as may not be as regular as they currently are in the future.

Waxy
13-04-2022, 11:19 AM
Play them like we did in the 0-0 draw at home and we have a chance.

FilipinoHibs
13-04-2022, 11:24 AM
Looking forward to it. More space at Hampden will suit our younger speedy players. Plus we have Porty back. Lots of fire and good distribution. Rocky has to be on the bench. Come on Hibs.

DickieDastardly
13-04-2022, 11:51 AM
Also looking forward to Saturday, mainly as I'll be in Lanzarote and can wander down to the beach from the pub if it all goes Pete Tong.... https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANQAAAAAAOLeAPn0AL /v8DAwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQBMgAfACwAAAAADwAPAAAFROAnikBZjuhXDoPgnijAuvQ7ynU uAGRb0r dqrUDAI0vnCAQoDGPumgw6gwic8YAL2vqMnkqF3P81N6i39T0C 06puqkQACH5BAEyAB8ALAMABAAHAAkAAAUW4CcIX/kBJVoGq m cCyOYwrcaqDrIQAh/ntUaGlzIGFuaW1hdGVkIEdJRiBmaWxlIHdhcyBjb25zdHJ1Y3R lZCB1c2luZyBVbGVhZCBHSUYgQW5pbWF0b3IsIHZpc2l0IHVzI GF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cudWxlYWQuY29tIHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0IG1 vcmUuAVVTU1BDTVQAOw==

A Hi-Bee
13-04-2022, 11:53 AM
Looking forward to eating enough Easter eggs to make me sick, as for the game, always look forward with fresh hope.
:agree:

Stubbsy90+2
13-04-2022, 12:04 PM
That's not typical of us at all.

You could argue it’s not typical of every team in the world. I’m sure everyone has bad results followed up by bad results and bad results followed up by good results. Likewise good results followed up by bad results.

I don’t think any of these things are ‘typical’ anyone to be fair, but I certainly wouldn’t be suggesting that Hibs have a habit of snowballing from one bad result to another.

We’ve got a real chance on Saturday. Hearts are a good side. There’s no getting away from that, if you finish 3rd in Scotland then that’s exactly what you are relatively speaking.

We were a good side last season though and we got horsed twice at Hampden by St Johnstone. It happens and it could happen again this weekend.

Coco Bryce
13-04-2022, 12:07 PM

6 (SIX) months ago with Boyle in the team.

Daily Hibs
13-04-2022, 12:33 PM

Yes. It has a similar vibe to the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.

Mcbizz1998
13-04-2022, 12:33 PM
6 (SIX) months ago with Boyle in the team.

Well, you did ask for the last time. I told you! [emoji28]

Onceinawhile
13-04-2022, 12:51 PM
Couldn't be less excited for it tbqh.

Never left a game early, but already planning to do so should it get bad.

superfurryhibby
13-04-2022, 01:10 PM
Just bought my tickets x4.

My youngest is over from Spain and was keen to go. My eldest was on the phone last night, giving me gyp and offering to buy the tickets etc. He’s pointing out the magnitude of the game, the regret I’d feel if we won and I wasn’t there.

I’ve been going to Hampden since 1974, the game I ran away from home to go to, aged 10. More often than not, it’s led to painful disappointment ( it did that night when I made it back especially). However, Hibs have also given me some of the best days of my life ( outside of family). Just thought, he’s right, were going.

Ach weel, we always travel more in hope than expectation and a win will be all the sweeter for it.

JimBHibees
13-04-2022, 01:14 PM
Just bought my tickets x4.

My youngest is over from Spain and was keen to go. My eldest was on the phone last night, giving me gyp and offering to buy the tickets etc. He’s pointing out the magnitude of the game, the regret I’d feel if we won and I wasn’t there.

I’ve been going to Hampden since 1974, the game I ran away from home to go to, aged 10. More often than not, it’s led to painful disappointment ( it did that night when I made it back especially). However, Hibs have also given me some of the best days of my life ( outside of family). Just thought, he’s right, were going.

Ach weel, we always travel more in hope than expectation and a win will be all the sweeter for it.

Good stuff :flag:

JimBHibees
13-04-2022, 01:15 PM
Couldn't be less excited for it tbqh.

Never left a game early, but already planning to do so should it get bad.

That's the spirit :greengrin

Numptie
13-04-2022, 01:16 PM
I've been at every semi-final and final since the mid 70s and have been at games we should have won, but lost, and games we thought we'd lose, and ended up winning. I'll have a great day out with my daughter (26) and hope to end up with another tattoo after the final https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAWAJECAAAAAP//AAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQJAAACACwAAAAADwAWAAAERFAIICWtd2p9ad5WBX6kaJ5iiaE sCrwv wY0Had1bmN639mA2izgEQaBxp5yqMwxm0iocGKETalE3TFzXJq exE8KJo4AACH5BAkAAAIALAAAAAAPABYAAARCUAggJa13an1p3 lYFfqRonmiqribgpm4gy68IzDiN5XxH3z8dMBALGnm5IhKnXB6 dxMnMRZ1aaEnddfmZDH8wajcCACH5BAkAAAIALAAABwAPAA8AA AQxUEgJap1Y1MD5xUAnelM4jgDlmcHWap3bsvIp1vaao z 0haaqoUiDW0pUG WKQUzEQAh QQJAAACACwAAAAADwAWAAAEP1AIIKu19N6sNd9YJ4bV940joKq iGrwvi8F0XNZ4BsQ7b/cBl2 IqwmLtCOSuAxOYKujLma0SYC5DTZ4KkUvEQAh QQJAAACACwAAAMADwATAAAEOVAIIKulNuuKZZ9buAEkGZJBmpq X6q7cK2PAWtvwHaB4L7 8nyso9BV3E1UpSFsBYZ7iZ6KznZaZCAA7 https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPALMNAAAAAACtKQC1KQC9KQDGKQD WMQDnMQznPTbsYlLve2/zjJT3rZz/tcD/wMb/1sD/wCH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQFDwANACwAAAAADwAPAAAEYbBJCWqduFXEz7kYkIwjchgFMIl JpYxVQahaolTLG88aYjMOxsskE2xsC0YuQSQYAb6W4sUEFCuHq KWCcmKznM6hGFABDJ50d2CkFN5wGbu8ItjvAgE9BMjnyzQZGls ZEQAAIfkEBQ8ADQAsBAADAAcACAAABBxQyZTQAWCphDHb2MJo1 SFtJUVZBoC8x3V1ABEBACH5BAUPAA0ALAQABAAHAAgAAAQecLG lEjrMsXoBoInnVSGQnNZhIOx1FMAhGzAsAkMEACH5BAUPAA0AL AQABAAHAAgAAAQeEIClkpSsysVoQociJt9BkqABIOxxAO8FEEV dE0MEADs=

DIXIHIBS
13-04-2022, 03:27 PM
Let's go there with some positivity. On the minus side...if we lose its just another kick in the teeth at hampden and we've been there before. On the plus side...if we win, they will implode.

JohnM1875
13-04-2022, 03:28 PM
Starting to get the buzz for it again now actually.

California-Hibs
13-04-2022, 03:36 PM
Will be typical for Hibs to win in this circumstance. Don't miss it and the wild celebrations!

aljo7-0
13-04-2022, 03:38 PM
I'm fair looking forward to Saturday. I love the trip through, the buzz of a big game, the butterflies in the stomach and the hope of a big win. Sadly often the game takes all the enjoyment away for a while and I am a bit worried that will happen BUT I'm meeting up with my daughter (at Uni in Glasgow) after for a few drinks and win or lose will love that.

My brother was not going to go but, a bit like the poster earlier, when I mentioned I had bought tickets he realised he wouldn't want to miss the game if we win so he and his son have got theirs too now.

JamesHFC
13-04-2022, 04:05 PM
These are the type of games you want as a football fan. We don’t really get decent European games so a semi final against our biggest rivals at Hampden is really as good as it gets for us! Honestly surprised we haven’t sold out.

weecounty hibby
13-04-2022, 04:22 PM
I was looking forward to it. Tested positive for covid this morning so won't be going now. Not even sure if I'll watch on tv if I can't go!!!

nickwhibs
13-04-2022, 04:32 PM
Bring it on

jakeshibs
13-04-2022, 05:52 PM

Fantastic comment well said