PDA

View Full Version : Non, Je ne regrette rien

Fuzzywuzzy
12-04-2022, 02:08 PM
Just heard Edith Piaf (said it better then me) on the radio and I got to thinking...

I truly have no regrets about be a hibee. When my maternal and parental grandparents moved to Leith (Montgomery street & pilrig street) from other parts of scotland, they chose hibs. There is a possibility hibs chose them.

All my immediate family are hibs, extended family are hibs, all my wifes family are hibs. My kids are hibs.

I go into each season with no expectations as it is generally going to be a pick'n'mix of what we will get. Season on season, I have always expect a down turn at the turn of the year. This season has been no different. We've had a bonus of reaching a cup final (granted, I never got the chance to stop cheering before the equaliser). We're in another semi and I am confident we will reach the final.

I know that the crowds will dwindle to the end of the season. I'll be there though. I'll be there next season as well and the season after that. Having expectations is OK but don't feel let down when things don't go they way you want, just get on with it.

This club was here before me and will be here after me. I'm going to enjoy it while I'm here. I guess what I'm trying to say is that as far as being a hibs is concerned, no, I have no regrets.

JimBHibees
12-04-2022, 02:14 PM
Just heard Edith Piaf (said it better then me) on the radio and I got to thinking...

I truly have no regrets about be a hibee. When my maternal and parental grandparents moved to Leith (Montgomery street & pilrig street) from other parts of scotland, they chose hibs. There is a possibility hibs chose them.

All my immediate family are hibs, extended family are hibs, all my wifes family are hibs. My kids are hibs.

I go into each season with no expectations as it is generally going to be a pick'n'mix of what we will get. Season on season, I have always expect a down turn at the turn of the year. This season has been no different. We've had a bonus of reaching a cup final (granted, I never got the chance to stop cheering before the equaliser). We're in another semi and I am confident we will reach the final.

I know that the crowds will dwindle to the end of the season. I'll be there though. I'll be there next season as well and the season after that. Having expectations is OK but don't feel let down when things don't go they way you want, just get on with it.

This club was here before me and will be here after me. I'm going to enjoy it while I'm here. I guess what I'm trying to say is that as far as being a hibs is concerned, no, I have no regrets.

Great post

Viva_Palmeiras
12-04-2022, 03:01 PM

the most important stat amongst the hysteria Over stats is : 0% Jambo :)

Billy Whizz
12-04-2022, 03:05 PM

Fuzzywuzzy, great passionate post

None of us will ever have regrets about following Hibs. We just want to smile and be happy a bit more often

I think we have a chance on Saturday, but we need to get our best players on the park, and in their best positions

Stevie Reid
12-04-2022, 03:29 PM

Well said. Been far, far more pain than good times in my near 40 years of watching Hibs - but the very best of those good times made every ounce of pain worth it.

More than ready to go through it all again this weekend (whatever that may be), and for as long as I can. Nothing else I’d rather be than a Hibs fan.

Fergos
12-04-2022, 03:52 PM

Well put my friend, the yams could cuff us 40-zero and I’d still have no regrets and be proud to be a Hibee.

Thick and thin for me.

GGTTH

Alan62
12-04-2022, 04:25 PM
It's also always worth remembering that the pain that sometimes comes with following Hibs was part of the reason that we enjoyed the greatest ever feeling on 21st May 2016. No other club has ever waited so long and been so close on so many occasions. Nobody alive will ever experience the significance of that moment again.

Pagan Hibernia
12-04-2022, 04:40 PM
I’ve never regretted choosing Hibs but my hairline probably does

Pagan Hibernia
12-04-2022, 04:45 PM
It's also always worth remembering that the pain that sometimes comes with following Hibs was part of the reason that we enjoyed the greatest ever feeling on 21st May 2016. No other club has ever waited so long and been so close on so many occasions. Nobody alive will ever experience the significance of that moment again.

correct. Never mind the 114 years, look at the four years prior to 21/05/16. The game we don’t talk about in 2012, another lost final in 2013, The pain of that relegation in 2014 and the way it happened, getting stuck in the second tier, the Falkirk semi in 2015, the Ross County LC Final, christ we’d even had our hearts broken in the playoffs the week before.

all of it was just setting the stage for the fairytale and I wouldn’t change a thing

Greenbeard
12-04-2022, 04:49 PM
Moi aussie mon ami meme si notre coach ressemble Edith Piaf.